Cash4Gold

Compare Gold Dealers

Research top Gold Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I needed money desperately to start my job, it's $180 to start a class so I can get my license. Really not having any other way besides selling my bed and sleeping on the floor I thought Id sell my jewelry. I sent in for a kit. It never showed up. So I logged in again and requested ANOTHER kit. Three days later the first kit arrived - I loaded it with 6 rings, 8 chains, and a ton of other things. A week after I mailed it the second kit arrived, so my online account only recognizes my second kit. It's been almost a month since I sent in that kit. I haven't received a check, due to other comments this isn't surprising. Also, no emails, no calls, nothing. Not surprising either. I've never been one to check reviews on anything because really usually it's a couple people who had a bad experience and want to rip into the company. When there's a lot though that's when I start to notice, didn't even think to check though because I usually never do.

I know now that was very foolish. But lesson learned with things like this. Cash4Gold has been rated the *lowest of the low* in ranking gold companies. I really just gave them a ton of jewlery I never wear anymore, so it's not a total loss. There was a silver ring with a polished cube of tigers eye and an antique silver necklace in there, both gifts from my family that I can never get back, but at the time starting my job asap was more important and they'd understand. And that hurts that they're gone. This company is a HUGE scam. IF I EVER receive my check, I know now the $600+ worth of gold, white gold, and silver I sent them... I'll be lucky to walk away with anything.

UPDATED ON 10/29/2015: I sent in about $300 worth of jewelry EASY. There was 18 karat gold chains and TONS of pure silver. Even a good amount of white gold items. I waited 3 months to get a check back and they said my package was lost, but apparently they found it because I got my check today. A 54 CENT check!? That's not even worth cashing!!! And since it's been so long my jewelry is gone, I'm sure of it! They are thieves! A HUGE scam. NEVER EVER use their service! A local pawnshop will pay better than them!

I was recently divorced, had no job or lawyer. I got $18,000 in credit card debt, and my ex-husband got to keep everything else...the house, 401k, everything. All I had left was my gold, silver and diamonds. I seen the commercial for Cash for Gold... I called and got my envelope to send them ALL I had left to my name... A few weeks later I received a check for less than $28.00. They got approximately $1500.00 worth of gold and silver. When does the class action lawsuits begin? I want my money!!!

I sent a lot of jewelry in, and they kept telling me that it was lost in the mail, and they sent me a check for one hundred dollars, that was the insurance for gold watches, a 24 karat bracelet, 3 14-karat necklaces, 3 diamond pins, etc. I can't remember everything. It's been a while. I've just seen the ad back on TV. I should have known that it was a rip off. My husband died a few months before I sent the jewelry in, and I needed the money.

I called them. They sent me a packet; I sent real gold and silver. I got a letter back saying it had no value and I could pay them $16. To have them mail it back to me. I didn't have the money, so they got to keep all my chains, silver ring, gold wedding band, and a pin.

My son (a minor) took my wife’s and my wedding ring and sent them to Cash4Gold. I called Cash4Gold and told them what happened and told them I want the rings back. They told me that they have the rings, but because of the minor who sent it in, they have to report to the police and will contact me. I told them it’s fine, and I want my stuff back. I waited a couple of days and they never called back. I called Cash4Gold and they told me that the rings were given to the police because of the minor and the police will contact me. I waited, but no call.

I called back Cash4Gold asking for the police contact and case number so I can contact the Police Department myself. They say they will contact me with the information. I waited, but no call. I call them back and now they told me their paperwork got mixed up and the rings were already melted. Now there’s no way I’m going to believe what they say, but I don't know what to do. After complaining with Cash4Gold, they want to settle with me the amount of $250. The rings are worth thousands of dollars. I don't have money to sue. They say that’s the highest they can settle with me. I don't want to settle, but what can I do? I need help.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cash4Gold?

Sent jewelry February 18. Received a response on February 25, jewelry processed and check to follow. No check. I finally contacted last April 12, spoke with a Petra. Was told, check for $311.53. Would cancel check and reissue. Later the same day left a message stating that this had been referred to the accounting department. Check would be sent UPS. Called 4/6, spoke with Shakira, read notes sending out today. Request tracking number. I was told to call back 1pm PSDT. Called 12:42 PM and spoke with Alex. there was no tracking number. He was to work until 6 PM and would call back with the number. No call back.

Received another email stating. jewelry evaluated, a check has been mailed.

I responded to that email and questions@Cash4Gold explaining, if I did receive the check, I would report to BBB and possibly the media. Received an email from Scott H, Escalations Manager, the a replacement check was issued Apr 12. The email is generated to advise the check is on the way. He gave the date Apr 16 when the check was sent via UPS and the tracking number. After checking the tracking, I still will not get the check until the end of the week, April 23. I emailed in return that this should have been expedited based on the initial date received in February. In response to this Scott tells me that is how the check can be tracked. It can be tracked in delivery less than three days with another delivery company.

I have learned my lesson. I thought about getting my jewelry back. I don't think I would get it back. Now my concern, is the check going to go through? The advertisement is not true. Looking at other complaints, which I should have done first, they should not be in business. What can we do to make this happen? Perhaps I should wait to see if I get a check, Friday April 23.

I sent Cash4Gold my gold 1 ring with diamonds, 9 necklaces, 2 charms. I called them every week after the 10-day waiting period. They kept on telling me that it has not come in yet so now I have no gold and no cash. My child went without a Christmas because they said they never received the package.

I sent them a gold watch to estimate the value. I did not hear from them. So when I called them and asked about it, they said there were no precious metals in it. So I asked them to return it back to me. They said they would. I never received it. When I called back, they said they didn't have it anymore; it's been confiscated. They did not send my watch back and did not compensate me either. They're thieves.

I, too, got ripped off by Cash4Gold. I sent them two gold rings, a watch, two bracelets and a necklace and only got $35.00 back. I sent the very same identical items to ThingsWeBuy.com and got $135.00 back. We certainly know who the thieves are.

I sent my jewelry. Luckily, I used UPS and was able to track my package and they could not say they didn't receive it. I argued with several people before they would agree that they had my package. Then, I refused to accept that they would call me about my jewelry. I insisted they transfer me to who had my jewelry. She was able to describe my things. I demanded that they send my things back. She gave me a quote of $80 much less than all of my things are worth. She said some of my jewelry were 12 karat and some were gold-filled, no it is not. She is sending my things back UPS and I made her give me a tracking number.

If anyone else wants their jewelry back, I suggest you keep calling. I called every five minutes until I was satisfied. Don't let them tell you lies and say they will get back to you. Keep calling and say you will sue them. They have your things even if they say they haven't received them. Be persistent. I hope they get shut down soon.

I weighed and insured my package before shipping. Items included one 24 kt gold 1 gram ingot (they called it a 'charm') as well as several 18 kt pieces and one 21 kt bracelet. Items weighed in at 7.5 oz.

I got a check in the mail 3 weeks later for less than $120. When I phoned to say 'send my items back; they're worth more than that to me', the receptionist asked, how much were you expecting to get? 'A lot more than that'. She asked me to wait a moment, then came back on the line and told me that she wasn't surprised I expected more based on the weight of the package. She offered me about $325 for everything. I told her it still wasn't enough and to return my items.

There really wasn't any but it took me more than a month after the phone call asking for the return of my items to actually receive them. The promise of prompt cash or prompt return is a crock.

I sent in 2 10k gold figero chains that i weighed and calculated the market value myself which came between $216.19 and $228.00. i asked for an appraisal for the items when they got there. they never called to give me an appraisal, they just sent me a check for $17.30. the paystub says 1 10k and 1 sterling. thats probably because white gold looks like silver. shows they did'nt apraise it, bs. i want my jewlery back or full value!

i have gotten riped-off for money and jewlery.

WHAT I GOT:
Cash4Gold paid me a TOTAL of $138.74.

The silver quarters worth $10 = Cash4Gold paid me ONLY $3.16. I would have gotten more value if I dropped those silver coins in a vending machine to buy junk food. This is an OUTRAGE!

WHAT I SENT:

• 1 0.39 cts marquis-cut diamond ring (my engagement ring)
  • 1 gold wedding band with little diamonds (my husband's)
  • 1 gold bracelet
  • 7 gold earrings
  • 1 white gold earring with little diamonds
  • 2 gold pendants
  • 1 gold ring
  • 40 silver quarters ($10)

I was fooled by Cash4Gold. Enticed by their tv commercials, unemployed and needed cash to buy gifts for my family for Christmas '08, I shipped my gold jewelry and silver quarters to Cash4Gold. Lured with FAST CASH option ($4.99 fee) where $ would be wire transferred to my checking account, I signed the fast cash form. There was a CATCH: choosing FAST CASH voided the 10 day return policy meaning I would get stuck to whatever amount they would give me. HUGE MISTAKE!!!

The sad thing is I trusted them to be fair in appraising and paying me a fair price. Of course, I did not expect to get near the amount I paid for those jewelry, which is $1,000+, but I expected MORE THAN $138.74. Since I waived the 10-day return policy in favor of fast cash, I'VE BEEN HAD. Basically, Cash4Gold gave me 1/10th of the money I paid for those jewelry. TOTAL RIP OFF!

Cash4Gold had a Super Bowl commercial...WOW! Do you know how Cash4Gold could afford the Super Bowl commercial??? Because of FOOLS like me! BEWARE!!!

I am angry. I am humiliated. Please learn from my mistakes.

See photos of Cash4Gold purchase invoice and jewelry on my blog: http://h0dgep0dge-c.blogspot.com/2009/02/receipt-from-cash4gold-rip-off.html

• on

For years I have seen the Cash4Gold ads on tv and I listened to the testimonials of the customers - I'm not even sure they really ARE customers and not paid actors - so I decided to send for a kit. I received it in the mail in November 2008 and LOADED the envelope with numerous items of jewelry and mailed the envelope as instructed. It is now three months later, February 2009, and I have heard and received NOTHING from these people.

I sent so many items that it would be impossible for me to itemize them (which, in retrospect, I probably should have done). However, I have lost many expensive rings, bracelets, necklaces and pendants, plus several pairs of my husband's cuff links, and I have not been compensated. Whenever I go online to the Cash4Gold website, it says my package is still in transit. I have been ripped off and I am not happy about it!

its been almost 2 weeks havent got no reply on my jewelry or no check.they say they did not recieve my package . I BELIEVE Ive been riped off.

Sent in some gold items to receive cash for. I received a check and when I went to cash the check the bank would't process the check for not having funds to process the check. I called them and of course they told me the check was good and to go to Walmart and cash it. I somehow don't think Walmart will cash it either this check either. I think I have just been ripped off. I will try to get my stuff back, but I think it will be hopeless, but I will try neverless

Embarrassment at the bank for not cashing the check. Cash4Gold has ripped me off for sending in gold items and returning a worthless check and deceiving the public and should be shut down. I have little hope of getting my things back.

I sent in my package to cash4gold over 2 weeks ago, i have checked the website with the tracking number and it keeps saying in transit. I have also called and was told the 1st time it takes 7 to 10 business days, I called again after reading all the complaints, which I regret not looking it up first before I sent in all my gold jewelry, and again I was told they have not recieved it, i told the rep that i want all my jewelry back not to even process it, after reading the complaints, he said ok i'll note your account, and i asked is that all you can do, and he said yes, i asked him if they were gonna charge the 15.00 fee as for what i read on the scam reports and he said yes probably, but he acted like he didn't care.

He did push the mute button a few times, and i told him to take me off mute. and he hung up on me.. i am so scarred i want my stuff back.. next time i will read all the scam reports before doing business over the internet...

Cash4gold is the biggest scam i have seen in my 48yrs of life. i sent a package over a week ago and have not heard anything. When you try to call no answer or busy..I do not have tracking number so can not go by website.This company ad needs to come off tv, i believe they prey on the poor and the elderly. It is sad that people are not honest.I think this company and its'many sister companies should be sued by all. and shut down..I am on a very limited income and thought this might help me out a little. I seems it is not going to do anything but stress me out...

This is the biggest rip-off. Everytime I see the commercial on tv I get sick at my stomach, especially when the woman says I sent my jewelry and took a trip of a life time. I sent at least 20 items to them and didn't even get a measley $100. My sister had 2 rings just like 2 I had in my jewelry that was sent to cash 4 gold, she took hers to someone local and received $110 for the 2. She received more for her 2 rings than I did for over 20 items.

I was furious, but by the time I learned I had been had it was too late to do anything, and I bet I would never have got my jewelry back if I had called in time. A couple of weeks ago I seen on the news that this business had recently received an F from the BBB. Imagine that. One person had claimed they wanted to give him about $800 less than what he could get somewhere else.

The only reason I sent my jewelry items there was because they said you get more for your gold, because they don't use a middle man, and everything else they were saying. All LIES. Had I taken my jewelry somewhere else I'm almost sure I could have received close to $1000 instead I received $84.00 for more than 20 pieces of jewelry.

I sent Cash4Gold 4 pieces of 14k and 10 k gold in their packaging as instructed. I went to their website after a week to Track Your Pack and it continually told me for 3 weeks that my package had not reached their facility. I mailed it on 11/17/08 and here it is 12/11/08 and it still hasn't reached their facility. I called customer service left my information and tracking # with a sales rep on 12/6/08 and was informed I would be contacted by a csr within 24 hours. I was not contacted. Tonight 12/11/08 I was able to speak with a customer service agent who instructed me to send in a copy of my drivers license with a list of the items that I had sent and to have it notorized. She said that since it had been three weeks we would have to submit a claim and that meant they would cover up to $100. I will be sending the information requested this weekend and will have to pay for the notary.

I sent in jewelry, and they are saying that they never got it. I sent in expensive jewelry. I want to know if there is a class action lawsuit against this company.

I too have been scammed by CASH4GOLD.COM!!!!!! The same stories all these other people have. Our post offices ARE NOT responsible for these items they are!!! I a looking for any intested parties that would like to start a LAWSUIT against these people. With the way our economy is going they are taking advantage of people. We are sending them our valuables and some may be family heirlooms. IT IS NOT FAIR!!! LETS GET TOGHER AND PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!!

I only sent these items to get money for Christmas for my kids. I do not have a job and we are struggeling on 1 income. One of the items I sent was a ring of my deceased uncles that was given to me. I hated to part with it but I had no choice. Now I have no jewlery or money and will have to try and figure out HOW we can afford Christmas. It will be hard to explain to a 7 year old. The stress this has caused is very overwhelming.

I sent in a bunch of old jewerly to Cash4Gold. After several weeks or emails, they said that they never received it and that I would have to file an insurance claim with their company. Thank goodness I took pictures of all of the jewerly I sent them. I emailed them a list of jewerly and a sent photocopies of the pictures. I received an email back saying that everything had to be notarized. I went to my lawyer's office (who is also a notary) and had it notarized (for $9). Now I have to wait 30 days for an insurance claim?

I sent in some pieces of jewelery a few pieces were 14k and i also sent in some sterling silver pieces well i had to wait close to 2 weeks for the online tracker to keep saying it wasnt received yet i emailed cash4gold and a rep emailed me back that wait 7-10 business days well two days later they got my gold package and a week or so later they sent me a check of 16.00 what the heck am i seeing i could have gotton more money by taking it to a pawn shop they are a bunch of rip-offs and i dont recommend anyone to use there service if you want fast money go to a nearby pwn shopp i got 80.00 for a ring and a small brcelet at a pawn dealer I hope people will take this complaint and use it wisely cash4gold is a big rip-off

They supplied me with an envelope to put the gold in and return it to them. There were a tracking number on it and their instruction was simply to put the gold in there and drop it in the PO. Since there were a tracking number on it, was my understanding that they would have a way to track it.

A month later, they say they never received it and that the tracking number on the envelope is only for their internal control. They now advise me to go to the PO but I have no tracking number with them since I follow their instructions of putting the merchandise in the envelope provided by them and drop in the PO.

Very convinient way for them now to say that they never received it! They announce on TV and it's ROBBERY! Loss of 14kt bangle bracelet, 14kt ring, 14kt necklace and bracelet, 14kt heart pendant.

Cash4gold scam. I sent them through their sellers pack 3.2 ounces of 14k gold. No check was sent and all phone calls are not answered or are always busy. This company has many complaints and now I think they are just STEALING. STAY AWAY. I HAVE CONTACTED THE FTC, Florida attorney general and the broward county BBB. I have filed complaints with all three jurisdictions.

I sent a lot of gold and silver items to this company. The check I received was around $80 dollars. Well below what it should have been. I was not happy with it so I called them. I wish now that I had written down the name of the woman I had spoke with. When I talked to her, I told her I was not happy with the check, and that I want my items back. She told me she will talk with her supervisor. When she got back to me, she told me that she could raise the carat on an item and she could send me a check for $240. Well, I found that to be strange, and I felt that they were trying to scam me with the first check of $80, so I told her, "no, I just want my items sent back." I do not want the check at all. She told me, "ok, we will send them back to you."

I sent the $80 check back to them with a letter stating that I want my items back well within the 10 day guarantee period. I still have not received them back. Here is the timeline. The check was dated Sept. 17. I got the check on Sat Sept 20 (so that already eats into the 10 day guarantee). I couldn't call them until that Monday, Sept 22 because they are closed on the weekend. (that is when I spoke with the woman) I sent back their check with letter. I still had not received my items so I called on Monday Oct.6. I had to leave message. NO ONE called me back. So, I called AGAIN on Oct 8, AGAIN NO ONE CALLED ME BACK. I want answers. The guarantee they have is a lie. I think that some of the people who are happy with this company just got lucky, I however, am one of the unlucky ones. I wish now that I had never sent my items there. I am reporting them also to the BBB. I hope cash 4 gold will not get away with this!!!!

They advertize that if I send my jewelry in TODAY, I will have cash TOMORROW. Or as the ad says... I sent my gold ring in and had the cash the very next day. NOT POSSIBLE. When I called cash4gold, they told me that the commercial does not say this. IT DOES. I have it recorded. I consider this false advertizing

I saw the Cash4gold advertized on multiple channels on T.V. so I decided to do it b/c it looked pretty promising and it said receive cash the next day. So I send in a 14kt. gold bracelet and a 10kt. gold neakless and about 2 weeks after I receaved it not the next day like the comercial says on multiple T.V. channels. I open it and there was a check for $0.02 so 2 cents.

I e-mailed them and demanded and explination and that I eather get it re- apraized by a certified dealer or a demand my jewlery back immediatly. He or she said it would be pulled and returned to me. I am writting this complaint so that they may be taken off the air for there comercials or get there act together and stop ripping people off.

I wonder how many other people got ripped off people that didnt realy pay attention to how much they got and it didnt bother them. I will NEVER EVER recomend cash4gold to ANYONE for any reason at all its totally rediculas and I would like this to be cheked into ASAP.

I sent in my old gold and silver (as per the add on TV and on line)including some sterling silver and my old wedding set which they advertized they pay for as well. They advertize that they pay within 24 hours. I had to wait almost 6 weeks before even hearing back from them at which time I got a phone call and they were only going to give me $3!!!! He said most of my stuff was pot medal and it was all very light in weight. I know for a fact I had quite a bit of 14k and 18 k gold in their along with some sterling silver (including my old charm bracelet which was VERY heavy)$3???? that is Ridiculous! Then I am told I have to pay them $15 to get my stuff back!!!! This is for.... insurance. Well I emailed the company back let them know how disgusted and disappointed I was at their so called offer. He writes back saying that he said $40 and was sure my $4 (which actually they had said on the claim must be a typo. Well even $40 is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned but I know what he said and what he said was $3 not $4 and not $40! I told him it appears to me how they make their money, by only paying people pennies and when they want their stuff back, they actually have to pay the company! Told him I was going to report their company to the BB and he didn't like that much!

Cost me $15 (i know that isn't much but still) to get my stuff back which they did send back. I havent had it checked to see if the original diamond is still there but it all looks OK. I just think they shouldn't advertize that you can get a substantial amount of money for your old jewelry when that isn't the case ~ unless you maybe had a trunk load of heavy solid gold or something!

Cash4Gold.com Company Profile