2. Finance

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Accredited Partner

Find my match

Cash4Gold.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cash4Gold.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cash4Gold?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I was moving so needed some extra cash. I send my prized ring in fake appraisal kit. I was told my jewelry was not worth anything. So return my items. No they keep my worthless items. A valued ring & necklace. I spoke to Christine. It was a hoax. I am going to report to anyone who will listen.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Sent them SafePak ** via tracking # ** FedEx. The package arrived last week on Tuesday. Their website advertises 24 hr turnaround, yet by Thursday I have heard nothing. So, I call them and they claim that they are "running behind" and I will have a quote by Friday. Friday morning, no email with a quote, so I call again and ask them to just return it at this point as they cannot seem to do their jobs. I was told it would be returned.

By Thursday of the following week, I don't have my package. I call them again today and they said that there was a "check pending" Not sure why there would be a "check pending" when A. I asked them to return it last week and B. They never sent me a quote. These people are disorganized, dishonest and I would never do business with them. Per usual the customer service people (I spoke with Rob and Christina) were unable to provide any helpful information and I asked for a call from a manager which has never happened. I have left FOUR voicemails asking for a call from a manager to no avail. Save yourself the headache and RUN from this company.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I deal with them few weeks ago. They are good people and a good businessman. However the prices for the gold is lil bit lower than, the company that I used to deal with in New York which is https://bulliontradingllc.com/. I'm giving them 3 as this is a business.

Original review: July 26, 2018

I have been conned twice now after sending in jewellery that I was informed was of value. I needed the money due to being on long term sick and sent my pack off looking forward to some money only to be told I would get 5.00!!! I knew that there was real gold and silver enclosed. I then sent a watch which I knew was genuine and valuable to be told there was no value and I would need to pay 15.00 for its return. They only take and never give the true value. We lose out and they gain!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

I have been ripped off by cash4gold.com not once but twice now. Never ever use this company. I'm down ten grand for both transactions. Rude staff and horrible treatment. Don't send your gold. You will lose it.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2015

I needed money desperately to start my job, it's $180 to start a class so I can get my license. Really not having any other way besides selling my bed and sleeping on the floor I thought Id sell my jewelry. I sent in for a kit. It never showed up. So I logged in again and requested ANOTHER kit. Three days later the first kit arrived - I loaded it with 6 rings, 8 chains, and a ton of other things. A week after I mailed it the second kit arrived, so my online account only recognizes my second kit. It's been almost a month since I sent in that kit. I haven't received a check, due to other comments this isn't surprising. Also, no emails, no calls, nothing. Not surprising either. I've never been one to check reviews on anything because really usually it's a couple people who had a bad experience and want to rip into the company. When there's a lot though that's when I start to notice, didn't even think to check though because I usually never do.

I know now that was very foolish. But lesson learned with things like this. Cash4Gold has been rated the *lowest of the low* in ranking gold companies. I really just gave them a ton of jewlery I never wear anymore, so it's not a total loss. There was a silver ring with a polished cube of tigers eye and an antique silver necklace in there, both gifts from my family that I can never get back, but at the time starting my job asap was more important and they'd understand. And that hurts that they're gone. This company is a HUGE scam. IF I EVER receive my check, I know now the $600+ worth of gold, white gold, and silver I sent them... I'll be lucky to walk away with anything.

UPDATED ON 10/29/2015: I sent in about $300 worth of jewelry EASY. There was 18 karat gold chains and TONS of pure silver. Even a good amount of white gold items. I waited 3 months to get a check back and they said my package was lost, but apparently they found it because I got my check today. A 54 CENT check!? That's not even worth cashing!!! And since it's been so long my jewelry is gone, I'm sure of it! They are thieves! A HUGE scam. NEVER EVER use their service! A local pawnshop will pay better than them!

Original review: March 6, 2015

I was recently divorced, had no job or lawyer. I got $18,000 in credit card debt, and my ex-husband got to keep everything else...the house, 401k, everything. All I had left was my gold, silver and diamonds. I seen the commercial for Cash for Gold... I called and got my envelope to send them ALL I had left to my name... A few weeks later I received a check for less than $28.00. They got approximately $1500.00 worth of gold and silver. When does the class action lawsuits begin? I want my money!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2012

I sent a lot of jewelry in, and they kept telling me that it was lost in the mail, and they sent me a check for one hundred dollars, that was the insurance for gold watches, a 24 karat bracelet, 3 14-karat necklaces, 3 diamond pins, etc. I can't remember everything. It's been a while. I've just seen the ad back on TV. I should have known that it was a rip off. My husband died a few months before I sent the jewelry in, and I needed the money.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2010

I called them. They sent me a packet; I sent real gold and silver. I got a letter back saying it had no value and I could pay them $16. To have them mail it back to me. I didn't have the money, so they got to keep all my chains, silver ring, gold wedding band, and a pin.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2010

My son (a minor) took my wife’s and my wedding ring and sent them to Cash4Gold. I called Cash4Gold and told them what happened and told them I want the rings back. They told me that they have the rings, but because of the minor who sent it in, they have to report to the police and will contact me. I told them it’s fine, and I want my stuff back. I waited a couple of days and they never called back. I called Cash4Gold and they told me that the rings were given to the police because of the minor and the police will contact me. I waited, but no call.

I called back Cash4Gold asking for the police contact and case number so I can contact the Police Department myself. They say they will contact me with the information. I waited, but no call. I call them back and now they told me their paperwork got mixed up and the rings were already melted. Now there’s no way I’m going to believe what they say, but I don't know what to do. After complaining with Cash4Gold, they want to settle with me the amount of $250. The rings are worth thousands of dollars. I don't have money to sue. They say that’s the highest they can settle with me. I don't want to settle, but what can I do? I need help.

Cash4Gold.com Company Information