Call toll free
4.62/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. provides reverse mortgages for homeowners age 62 and older as a retirement planning solution and access to achieve short-term financial goals.

Our reverse mortgage solutions are useful in:

- Supplementing retirement income

- Paying off an existing mortgage

- Covering for medical expenses

- And helping with any other major costs!

Contact us today for a free rate comparison!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

There was a little trouble in that they had to have it appraised twice because it turned out that the first person they hired didn’t have their license renewed. So it took a couple of months to actually get going. The process took about two and a half months. It took them a long time to figure out what was going on and get it taken care of before they sent out the second appraiser. I didn’t need the money right away, so it wasn’t a huge concern, but it seemed like it took longer than it should have. But everybody was very nice. During the application, there was a lot of paperwork but there was someone here to help you with it. So that went fine.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

We appreciate your feedback, Diane! We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

After having used Liberty before, I did a refi recently through them for a lower interest rate. The experience was very different this time. Some of the people they used to put my refi together made it a confusing time for me. One portion of the process was in Sacramento and the other portion was in Michigan. I was overwhelmed because at the point I started the request to refi, people came out of the woodwork. So, at that point, I'm trying to deal with them, I'm trying to deal with Liberty, I'm trying to tell others I'm not interested. I had 12 questions from 12 different entities and it was a head-scratching kinda thing. Still, I went with Liberty and we made it.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Thank you, Leah! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We had a home equity loan that we wanted to get rid of and we just wanted to free up our cash. We decided to go with a reverse mortgage with Liberty. The representative that I spoke with won us over right away. He was very thorough, very easy to work with and answered all of our questions. He was always helpful and he was always calling to say, "Things are going this way, things are going that way, everything looks good." He was very positive. So we were happy. We had talked to other people but we stuck with Liberty. The thing that we were impressed with was the speed that they pushed it through. I understand that sometimes, it can drag on for a while. But once the process got started for us, the people that we worked with were on top of every single step and completed it in what we thought was record time.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response
Great feedback, Linda! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re

happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My husband and I decided that we didn’t want to have a mortgage when he goes into retirement. We went with Liberty, since they did a reverse mortgage for me about four years ago, and their service was quick. From beginning to end, it took four to six weeks, because the underwriting had changed so much. But it was almost like a regular loan. They had little questions, and then we got what they needed and they processed it. The original guy we worked with was great and very thorough, and he gave us good information. The processor was good as well.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Janelle, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I was browsing on Google and I hit Liberty first, and I liked them, and so I stayed with them. I was thinking that I might need a little more income every month so I decided to look into a reverse mortgage. I talked to Christine and she was very persuasive and very informative. She answered all my questions, was easy to contact and she called me back when she said she would. We had some problems with some defects that the appraiser found. One was the commode, he said wasn’t functioning. I had to go through a rigmarole getting that all settled, but Liberty was just following orders really. They had to go through all that process because the stupid appraiser didn’t just ask me if the darn thing works, and I could’ve shown him that it did rather than he wrote it up. And that was an aggravation, but it wasn’t Liberty’s fault.

I also had a problem when the woman that I talked to most would call me when I wasn’t here, then I would call her back and she wasn’t there. So, we had problems connecting on the phone, but she’s on pacific coast time and I’m on eastern and that causes a problem, but nothing to complain about. Liberty also turned the mortgage over to a service company and the lawyer paid my property tax. I sent in my tax and the clerk called me and said, “Hey, attorney’s already paid your property tax,” which kinda upset me.

I called the attorney and she was in the process of checking it out and finding out what was going on, must call me back, but she hasn’t yet. I don’t think it really has much to do with Liberty ‘cause they’re the ones that picked them. But it is an aggravation. My property tax is paid out of my money. But Liberty Home seemed like a good, reputable company. I had no problems with them at all. I’ll recommend them.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Thank you, John! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Equity Solutions?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Liberty Home Equity Solutions explained everything about the mortgage process to us, so we didn’t have any remorse about what we were doing 'cause we were sure of it. If we would have questions, they supplied the answer to us. It took about 45 minutes to do all of the applications and everything. Based on what they asked and what they seemed to be doing, the process was fine. I was very pleased with the rates and terms of the mortgage the first time they told me about it. And they gave us what they told us. We really needed to do something and Liberty was there to help. It was a relief to be able to do it and get the situation in control.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Ray, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Everything went good with Liberty Home Equity Solutions. We had a financial issue that came up that we did not anticipate. And so, we had no choice but to take out a reverse mortgage in order to stay in our home and payoff all of our debts, which was piling up. The application process was fine. It was the FHA requirements that kept screwing everything up at first. It delayed the funding of the loan farther than we thought, almost causing a complete financial collapse of our finance. I used to do reverse mortgages myself and there were things that I thought were not gonna be done or didn’t need it when I did it. Things have changed obviously, and they needed some things that I did not anticipate.

One of the things they should improve though is to explain the FHA side of what they want more clearly and then anticipate it. For instance, are we US Citizens? Yes, we are. But what they did not ask was when they got our driver’s license, they came up with we are naturalized citizens. If they had said, “By the way, we needed a copy of your naturalization papers,” and just say that upfront, that would have been much better. And then we wouldn’t have the delay because we were on the deployment a couple of times, where an emergency response deployment happened. And so, because of that, we couldn’t get our paperwork through them in time because they didn’t know about it at first. It’s almost like as if the left hand didn’t know what the right hand do.

Our loan officer, Colleen, kept us up to date. The FHA people need to communicate with her because the FHA made demands that even the underwriters did not even know about nor anticipate. It was almost like the FHA was changing the rules as it went. There was some stability in the process as long as it wasn’t their side, if they were the FHA side, because when the FHA required that we have our passport, that should have been enough. But then they required a copy of our naturalization papers, which the loan people did not realize they needed it since we already got a US Passport, we should be approved. To get a US Passport, you have to have proof that you are US Citizen not because I said so.

I don’t think it’s Liberty’s fault. I think the FHA need to stop making up stuff as they go and screwing up the company because they made the company look bad at that point. Finally, we ended up going over the agent and went directly to the supervisor, who finally put a stop to his baloney. In the end, Liberty worked out the situation. They argued for our benefit. They really made a big difference.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Thank you, Mike! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Liberty carried my reverse mortgage, and they came out and refinanced it. I did the refi for more monthly income and the process with Liberty went perfectly. I made a phone call and they took it from there. Steve was very nice and patient, and he didn’t get upset with my questions. Everybody there helped.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Edith, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I did a reverse mortgage with Liberty and everything has been good so far. This is my first experience, and everything went fine. Any time I had a question, the loan officer always followed up and got back to me promptly.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Great feedback, Chester! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Liberty Home was excellent. I had a couple of problems here and there, but we worked it all out and it was a big help. I had taken out a home equity loan and I had an issue with the bank that took it out. And I just needed to pay that off so I didn’t have to make a monthly payment. Because mom is 98, her health is failing, and I need a full-time aid for her. Without Liberty, I would not have been able to keep her in the house much longer. It was very stressful on my part obtaining the mortgage, but they did the best they could, and we got it done fairly quickly. The loan officer was a sweetheart as well. He was very understanding and very compassionate. I explained to him the situation. He was excellent.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Liz, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Company Information