Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.
4.57/5

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. provides reverse mortgages for homeowners age 62 and older as a retirement planning solution and access to achieve short-term financial goals.

Our reverse mortgage solutions are useful in:

- Supplementing retirement income

- Paying off an existing mortgage

- Covering for medical expenses

- And helping with any other major costs!

Contact us today for a free rate comparison!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1179 Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: July 23, 2019

I had a friend go on the internet and look up reverse mortgages for me, then Liberty came up. I called them and I liked the guy that I talked to, so I went with them. And going through it was a very smooth process. It was very good. I didn't understand a lot during application, but they explained it to me, and it was fine. The entire thing took about six to eight weeks, which wasn't long. Eric stayed in touch with me all through the process and I was very comfortable working with him. Everybody that I talked to was very helpful and nice.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Susan, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: July 22, 2019

I was interested in a home and decided to get a reverse mortgage because that's the best way for my retirement. I started with one of the companies, but when they switched to Liberty, they went through everything. The company is a bit larger to deal with our finance. The application process has been wonderful and the reps have been the best choice. I just do whatever they suggest best. The rate for the house is very satisfactory and I am satisfied with the overall experience.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Great feedback, Megumi! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I got tired of getting loans for every little thing I needed to do. If I wanted a loan, I kept having to get a new one and it’s a lot of paperwork. I’m looking at my reverse mortgage as a loan that’s sitting there, waiting for me to take more if I need it. Also, I’m looking at it as a loan, not as giving somebody my house at the end of my life. I plan on repaying and in the meantime, I’ve got life insurance that will pay for it.

The application process with Liberty was not easy at all. They wanted my last two years of taxes and in my case, those were '16 and '17 because I hadn't filed '18 yet. It was early in the year. But because I own my house outright, I didn't have insurance on it and the insurance process was a nightmare. There were house inspections for the insurance and the guy came in and said I had to fix this and that. I got everything finished but this one project was very time-consuming and expensive. It was hard to find somebody who would do it. But I got through it and had the guy come back and check off on everything that he said we needed to do.

But by then, Liberty was wanting my 2018 tax. So I had to go to my tax guy and put all my taxes together. I had to do that anyway but I wasn’t planning on doing it right then because I had already filed for an extension. But they were adjusting the extension so I had to go ahead and do my taxes without being prepared. So that was time-consuming. On top of that, I owned three properties and they wanted information on all three properties, like what I do with them and where my income is. And my life is complex. It took a lot of time. It seemed like forever but it was probably two months to get through and do all that.

It would have been better if they were all on the same page or if I was just dealing with one person. I was dealing with the intake person first then it went to another level. But she went on vacation so I was not dealing with her for a little while. Then it got transferred to somebody else. It’s not a one-person process and it seemed like every time they passed the paperwork to the next person, something was missing and I had to find it and put it together again. I had never jumped through so many hoops in my life. It seemed like every time I got one thing done, they wanted something else. So I found it to be really difficult. I’m hoping that it’s gonna be worth it in the end though, and I think it is a good deal. It works for me.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I have so much equity in my home and I'm 90 years old. Getting a reverse mortgage would make life easier for me. My son and my daughter shepherded me through going with Liberty Home and applying went easy. Their loan officer, Katie, with whom I worked with was very helpful and we communicated what we needed to communicate to each other. What I got was expensive but it's what I needed and it has made life better for me thus far. I'm very satisfied with Liberty.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Great feedback, Marjorie! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: July 17, 2019

We did a reverse mortgage to have funds if we needed them in emergencies and decided to go with Liberty. The application was simple and though the overall process took a little while, I'm satisfied with it. I would recommend them.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

We appreciate your feedback, Richard! We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Equity Solutions?

Original review: July 16, 2019

Everything went very well with Liberty Home Equity. They were the first to call me when I thought that getting a reverse mortgage would be the best solution for me. Though the process took the least amount of time, one of the processors could’ve been in the office a little more frequently. I think she was going through some difficulty in her life so she wasn’t in the office. Many times, I could not get through to her. Still, when I could, she was able to address all of my questions and concerns. Their rates and terms were acceptable, but I thought I should’ve been able to get more money out and was wondering why it was just 53%

Original review: July 15, 2019

I saw Liberty online and they appeared adequate. Then I talked to their salespeople and I was impressed with them. They've got some outstanding salespeople. Everybody I talked to was adequate and the loan officers were friendly. But I had no idea that the process was going to be as involved as it was. I can appreciate that when you're dealing with mostly old people, you gotta go through a lot of hoops. But nobody laid it out and told me what I would need to do. I wasn't given a two-page thing on everything that needs to be done. I was hearing advertisements on TV that you can do this in as much as 10 days. As I was getting through it particularly after the first month, I was thinking, "Okay, this thing ought to be over in a few days." But it just dragged on and on. It took me two months.

The process was way too long. In fact, if somebody had told me when I went into this thing that I was not gonna get any money for at least two months, I wouldn't have done it. When I was pretty well through the thing, I didn't get much of an idea of when the money was gonna be coming in. I know these folks. They gotta dot a lot if i's and cross a lot of t's. I was not necessarily in a panic but I was anxious to get the money because I had some bills to pay. When I went into it, I thought all would be resolved in two or three weeks.

They gave me assistance but it was kinda one at a time. Instead of saying what I was going to need to do in the next three or four weeks, they would say what I needed to do right then. So I'd do that and think that's gonna get it done. But then something else would come up in the damn paperwork. I've been practicing law for 60 years and I was dealing with the government then. But the problems I've had with IRS didn't approach the paperwork that I had to go sit with Liberty to do. I'm sitting here in my desk looking at a three-inch file that I had accumulated to get that money, and a three-inch file seems to be very extensive. The process could have been improved if Liberty had laid things out to me initially in relatively short forms.

Liberty also kinda aggravated me. The actual implementation of getting the money into my account was totally unsatisfactory as well. When I came to actually get the money, they kinda dragged their feet when they came to tell me when they were depositing the money into my account. I had to call the bank several times to see if the money had gotten there. The initial deposit was $100,000 and it took several days beyond when they said it was gonna be. Then when the $100,000 ran out, I tried to get another $50,000. But here I am, almost three months into the deal, and I don't know where they put the last amount in my account.

Their communication with me after the deal was closed has been totally unsatisfactory as well. I tried to get them online and I couldn't do it. I tried to get them on the phone and I couldn't do it either. The rate was also average but I knew what rate it was gonna be when I signed my final documents so I walked into it. So I can't complain about it.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I needed money to stay in my home. I looked into Liberty and thought they were the best. Though the application process was kinda long and I had a lot of papers to sign, their loan officer was fine and she knew what she was doing. The process took about two hours. However, I didn’t know my loan was gonna be sold 10 days after it was finalized. I needed to call to find out a few things. They said that terms wouldn’t change but then I got a letter saying that I’m not gonna be getting the $500 a month deposited into my account that I was supposed to be getting. I don't understand why.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Great feedback, Daniel! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Liberty Home's loan officer was helpful and informative. Everything went well during the application process which didn't take too long. Their company's rate and terms are fair.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

William, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Everything went good with Liberty. The underwriting and the application process took a little while. It was a little drawn out but everything was okay to the end. And they gave me a little more over above. The funds were in the bank. The only problem I was having is the insurance. With my age and my husband’s age, we’re not qualified and we would have to pay over 300 and something a month. I dealt with Liberty before, and I never really had a problem. The only problem that I did have was when they sold the mortgage to Ocwen. I was having a problem with Ocwen.

The loan officer, Steve, was very nice. He said, "Sheila, I'm there for you all, to work for you all," and he's very considerate to know that we wanted to get the money to take a little vacation. We got married and never able to go anywhere. My roof got messed up from the hurricane that we have here the last time over a year ago, and I was waiting on insurance company to get it fixed. So, I couldn’t go anywhere unless I can have that taken care of.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. response

Sheila, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Company Information