toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I wanted to get out of credit card debt, so I went with Liberty. The woman who came and talked to me knew a lot and she really helped me through it. She was also friendly and able to answer my questions.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

We appreciate your feedback, Rebecca! We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I took a class and Liberty explained everything very thoroughly. I had a lot of questions 'cause I didn't know a lot about it. They provided some information that I asked for after everything was completed and were very thorough.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, Peter! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Liberty Mortgage made the Reverse Mortgage experience both educational and understandable. Always quick to respond to my questions at each step throughout the process, and then following through showing me at each step exactly what they promised.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Geraldine, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I got a phone call from Bharat and he discussed about Liberty with me. He did a good job telling me the ins and outs about their home equity solutions and I really thought that that would be something that could help me out of my home situation. They really helped me a lot, everything went smooth, and it didn't take that long. I was able to get in contact with all the people I need to be in contact with. Yvette and Bharat called and kept up with me. I could call them anytime like if something came up that I didn't understand. The DebtHelper people also really helped me and were very kind. It was really a good experience for me.

Now I'm in the process of doing some repairs around my house. I've been calling some contractors because I wanna get it painted and I have a little wood issue that I need to have repaired. I had a little garden in front of my house and I was able to get somebody to come out and repair that. Everything is running along good. Looks like Christmas is gonna be good in my house.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Terry, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

Liberty's loan administrator was great, bubbly and happy all the time. She called me when she really didn't even need to have to call me. Everything was pretty prompt and on a timely manner. However, I got this thing from PRC, I don't know if they were the underwriters and I was under the understanding that Liberty was going to hold the loan.

I'd already started some paperwork with AAG and didn't like the person that I was working with. He was very snooty, snotty, blunt and bland. He has no people personality. I brought up some situations and he acted like I was a dummy and I didn't like that. I've never gone through this so I had a lot of questions for him. They probably offered as much or more than Liberty did but weren't as cordial and polite. They seemed like they wanted a little more information on some things than I was willing to give. I just didn't like that person and I told him so on the phone.

Then, I worked with another person with Liberty and she was great. She did a lot of the paperwork and I can tell that she's very into her job. Since I had a lot of the paperwork already done through AAG, this made it a little easier for them and they picked up on it. They did everything on a timely manner and were very professional and personable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Equity Solutions?

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, James! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

My sister and my next door neighbor used Liberty. They were really happy with it so I started thinking about it also. All I ever wanted was to have no house payment but I had a lot of equity in my home and I was concerned about losing all that. After really looking into it and talking to people, I was pretty much convinced that that really wasn't the way it was. So I felt pretty confident about getting a reverse mortgage. Everything went smooth with Liberty and I was real happy with everything.

The Liberty Home Equity representative who came to our house was excellent and his service was outstanding. He brought his own mortgage closure which was seamless and excellent. Their sales process was more than smooth. It's better than getting a mortgage. Like all other people, we have our doubts, but once we got done talking with him, we were pretty well sold that this was a legitimate deal. And it’s good for us because we’re 69 and we don’t intend on owning a house. They’ve done a great job.

I decided a reverse mortgage would be good because my credit was not good. I had no job and I only had my social security, so refinancing was out. We had to move fast ‘cause I didn’t want to lose the house or get behind. The rep of Liberty was very good about it. He got everything done very quickly and we flipped it to a reverse mortgage in time that I didn’t have any problems. They provided me with a lot of counselling and they were very nice and were always available by phone.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, Joyce! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I have a daughter who is in real estate and she helped us decide to go with Liberty. The loan officer was not as knowledgeable as he should have been. I'm not unhappy that I did what I did, but I probably should've looked around more and had a better interest rate. I didn't think their overall organization was as good as you would expect.

Working with Liberty has been very good. The lady we worked with was very experienced. She would help us even on weekends.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Maria, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: July 22, 2016

Our daughter who helps us with our business was concerned about our future, so recommend Liberty to us. We went to talk to them and we were very pleased. Working with the loan officer was very pleasant. My husband, my daughter, and I were very well received, and we understood exactly what we were going to do. The guidance was very good! Plus, the owner of the company was a very agreeable and kind person - we really like and trust him. He was the one that was explaining to us what we were going to do, so he was very important in our decision. Liberty saw our situation and offered us what we needed and we got it, so we're very satisfied.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Thank you, James! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service that you needed.

Original review: July 18, 2016

I needed money so I did a reverse mortgage with Liberty Home Equity Solutions. The people that helped me were very nice about it. They answered all the questions that I had and they were very good with discussing options with me.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Dean, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: July 16, 2016

The rep from Liberty was the second person I sat down with and I was satisfied about understanding everything. We discussed different options and everything’s good. I have no problem with anything. I’d recommend Liberty to a friend.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Karen, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: July 12, 2016

A friend of mine recommended Liberty Home Equity Solutions and introduced me to Bob, one of their loan officers. He was great and on top of everything. He answered all my questions and was genuinely caring and very helpful. Liberty gave me a ton of information, and they were very thorough. It was a great experience. It went very well, and in fact, of all the loans and refinancing I've done, it was one of the best.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, Terry! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I felt better and more comfortable doing a reverse mortgage. I did some searching and went with a company, and then compared them to Liberty. Liberty by far was the best. They worked with me a lot better than the other one. I trust Liberty. Their rep answered all my questions. I slept on it since I wanted to make the right move, and then, I got back with them. The rep was very patient. She stayed with me and reassured everything was going to be fine, which turned out that way. It's a simple process, but the other company I went through didn’t follow up and made comments that didn’t sound right. Liberty was true blue all the way. Their follow-up was within hours, they kept me informed all the way through it, and I'm very happy.

Liberty was quick to respond, clear to explain terms and procedure, and competitive. I think we completed the entire process in about one month. They were helpful and clear but never pushy. I looked at the other companies and choose Liberty. I recommend them.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Kathleen, , Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

My husband and I are both in the retirement age, but we still had a balance left on our home and it was difficult to make the mortgage payment for the next three or four years. The reverse mortgage paid it off and allowed us to continue living in our home, which we love. The loan officers at Liberty were terrific. They were friendly and knowledgeable. We always got a quick response if we had a question and they were always available. We were very pleased with the service that we received from them.

We received some good guidance but we're required to get counseling with a mutual consumer counseling service in order to get a reverse mortgage. I had a bad impression of reverse mortgages until I got more information and found that there are enough guidelines in place wherein we can customize our reverse mortgage to fit our situation. So, we're not using up all of our home equity. It was a nice enough experience that my daughter's in-laws are just completing their reverse mortgage also through Liberty Home Equity.

I have my reverse mortgage with Liberty. Carol, the lady I worked with, was really nice and easy to work with. We had phone calls and e-mail about various questions I had or information she needed. She was always helpful and gave the information and didn't mind me bugging her about a lot of stuff.

I had a good experience with Liberty Home Equity Solutions. They were very good. Stephen would call and make sure that everything was okay. If something was going wrong, he'd make sure I know what was going on.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Darlene, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

Getting a reverse mortgage was the best thing for me to do and I went with Liberty. I had very nice, friendly and professional interactions with their loan officer. The guidance I received was what I needed.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Clara, Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working with Liberty! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

I spoke with another company about a year ago and didn’t get a real good feel for it, so I left it alone. Then when I started the process of reverse mortgage again, I started out with Liberty and I felt comfortable with the guy that I had initial contact with. The guidance I received from them was very good, informative, and all my questions got answered. However, it took longer than I thought it was gonna take. We kept running into little snags, but eventually it got done. But I would still recommend them.

I needed a little cash and I had the house and I won't be leaving it to anybody so a reverse mortgage fits. I talked to another outfit but it was Liberty that kept getting back to me and giving me more information. Also, their representatives were good.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, Randie! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I considered selling the house but my daughter and granddaughter live with me. There's five of us and for us to move, it would've been difficult to find a house that we could all be together when I already had this one. Every time we did the pros and cons, we realized that this was not the way to go and that a reverse mortgage would make life a little easier. So I contacted several reverse mortgage companies and was not pleased with what I had been told. Liberty was one of the ones on my list, and I got Larry directly. He was fantastic and walked me through every step. He came to the house and it was a wonderful experience. I decided to go with Liberty because of him. He was the difference in whether I take this loan with the company or not. The guidance I was given was great. Larry guided me through every step and told me what to expect. And any question I had, immediately, he would call me back if he missed me.

We never considered a reverse mortgage until our financial advisor suggested this option as part of our total plan. He referred us to Liberty, and we are so glad he did. Our Liberty agent made this a simple process, and she held our hand all the way through, which we needed, as this was a new experience for us. Now we are so glad to be free of mortgage payments. Yeah!!!

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, Lawrence! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Liberty Home Equity Solutions had a good standing and I liked the lady that I talked to so I went with them. She gave me excellent service. However, we had a tough time getting an approval for an FTA but they stayed with me and didn't waver.

I opted to go for a reverse mortgage because I figured independence. I’d own the place better. So I compared several providers and because it gave me control over everything I chose Liberty. The people were very nice to me. The lady that came out here so much took care of things and was really a sweet person. I had a great experience with them.

I researched online looking for the top reverse mortgage providers and Liberty was listed as somewhere in the top five. When I selected Liberty, everything looked okay to me and the products were very familiar to the ones I had looked at before. So I didn’t see any problem with it. The loan officer was very helpful. He explained everything thoroughly and gave me the pros and cons of reverse mortgage and made sure I understood it. Then they explained it the whole way. And as I received the documents, we went over those in preliminary before we got to the final step. In all, it was done very professionally and it was an excellent experience. If I happen to talk to anyone who was interested, I would recommend them.

A reverse mortgage suited what we needed so we got one from Liberty. Their loan officer was very attentive, helpful, and knowledgeable. We knew what we were doing and what we were getting into, and overall it was a very pleasant experience.

The man I talked to at Liberty seemed really nice. He would call me right away and seemed on top of it. However, they told me I would get the check on the day that they came out to sign the papers. I asked them repeatedly about that because I had one before so I thought it was kind of strange. It turned out to be several days later and I wasn't happy with that. It's not a huge deal but still not nice. Everything else was fine.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions seemed to be more qualified. Eric, the loan officer, was great and he explained everything. Yvette explained a lot of stuff to help me through it too. They are both a credit to Liberty. They were very polite and nice through the whole transition. Everything was fine.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Company Profile