4.70/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. provides reverse mortgages for homeowners age 62 and older as a retirement planning solution and access to achieve short-term financial goals.

Our reverse mortgage solutions are useful in:

- Supplementing retirement income

- Paying off an existing mortgage

- Covering for medical expenses

- And helping with any other major costs!

Contact us today for a free rate comparison!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 14, 2017

536 Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I spent a couple of months just going online and opening the door to different companies that did reverse mortgage processing. Then I got overwhelmingly bombarded with calls. One company called me three times a day for weeks. But there came a time when a gentleman called from Liberty and he was very nice and not pushy. So, I told him that I would like some material that will explain what they do, how they do it and what their process is. I never got any more calls but he immediately sent all kinds of information that was presented clearly, and easy to understand. That opened the door for me to deal with them as opposed to the other 30 companies. The fact that he did exactly what I asked him to do with no fuss, muss or argument was one of the first things that set them apart.

Christopher, the gentleman that they set me up with, was extremely nice. He wasn’t pushy about anything. One of the things that he made clear to me was that he was not being paid by the hour. That was important to me because, it told me that if I did ask more questions or take more of his time, it was not going to be added to a bill that was going to come later which was a relief to me. He said, “My commission happens at the end if we work everything out.” That made me feel that I wasn’t keeping him from another appointment and he didn’t have a whole list of people that he had to call and he’d wish I'd hurry so he could get on with. Whenever he was talking with me and working with me, I was his number one priority and he made that clear. He was diligent, very polite and had a sense of humor.

He didn’t mind that I was a storyteller. It was important to him for me to achieve my goals. It wasn’t just a case of jumping through hoops and walk away. He wanted to know what I needed, my purpose, how was this going to affect my future game plan and he built a trust with me that I felt like I could reveal to him all of the pertinent facts that go into something as personal.

I would absolutely recommend Liberty. My son is a realtor, I've already let him know that if he runs into clients in Reno, Nevada, who are interested or need some help making decisions on a reverse mortgage that I've got the go-to guy and the company, but around that was built a place where my life story beginning middle and end was built into the process.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I looked up for Liberty online and then I contacted Peter, the loan officer. We talked to each other for a year before I decided to go through the process of another loan on a rental property. I liked that there's a cash build up if I didn't take the money right away. I got a reverse mortgage so I'd be able to eat before I pass away. I checked with one another company and Liberty had better pricing and better growth. Peter was knowledgeable, very polite, consistent and I appreciated that. He was patient with me since I'm a detail-oriented person and he answered all my questions. He was also understanding and knew what I was trying to accomplish. He showed me how I could do it and I was confident in what he was telling me.

The administrative people were efficient and I'm very pleased with Liberty. I tried to recommend them to some people but there's a stigma about a reverse mortgage and somehow, people don't understand how they work. My wife was against it, but once I got all the correct information from Peter, it was crazy for me to keep the equity in the house since I don't have a revenue stream to keep us going. I've got five years before I need to use it and then I'm going to have a growth of $100,000 that I can borrow against the house. So that makes good sense on the way houses are going up now. My experience with Liberty went fast and smooth.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Liberty Home's representative, Larry **, was really thorough. I went to Liberty to take a clause on a reverse mortgage, and they were good enough for me. The whole process took three weeks and it worked out all right. Everything was done very professionally, too.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I went on my computer looking for a business that would offer a reverse mortgage. I’m really close to retiring and so I need to have some place to live in between. Liberty came up, I read the background from Liberty online and then I decided to go with them. The loan officer was very helpful, explaining things clearly to me and answering my questions and saying what they’re going to do. Plus, they’re always easy to get a hold of.

The guidance I got was good and this was my only option right now. I couldn’t refinance my house and I couldn’t get a home equity loan nor get a home equity line of credit. So this is what I decided to go with rather than move and pay a large amount for rent. Rent around here is between $1,000 and $2,000 a month. It just made sense to use my equity now, at this time of my life, rather than when I was 80 or 90. It was a bit long to start the funding, but I was patient and they kept in contact with me and kept me informed on what the delays are all about. Despite that, I would recommend Liberty to a friend.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

We were going to buy the home owned by my wife's son and do the reverse mortgage at the same time. But we had a bad experience with Senderra Lending on the reverse mortgage. They told us at the very last minute that we couldn't buy from a relative. So, we ended up doing a regular conventional loan to get the house into our name. Then Senderra was going to do the reverse mortgage, but my wife's son said that he wouldn't do the reverse mortgage loan with them. So, I went online and looked up Liberty Home Equity Solutions. They had a good rating, so I called them and talked to their rep, Carol.

Carol ran through the paperwork with us and we had a lot of problems because of the previous deal. Senderra didn't do some paperwork and the loan wasn't turned loose. According to the FHA, we couldn't apply for two loans within a certain period of time and we were applying for loans too close together. The loan processing took a lot longer than it was supposed to. There were times when we had to call Liberty and ask what was going on and they'd give us an answer, then the process went on another month.

Also, the people who did the paperwork for the loan didn't have their stuff together. They kept calling every five minutes and asking for documents right up to the last minute, even on the day before we were supposed to close. One time, the rep said that they needed a document at once since it had been so long since we did the first document. It was a pain to come up with all those documents at the last minute.

It took three months to get the reverse mortgage done and it shouldn't have taken that long to do it. Every month that the process went on, I lost about 1500 bucks because I had to make a payment, whereas if I had the reverse mortgage, I didn't have to do that. The processing of the reverse mortgage ended up costing me close to 4500 bucks because the paperwork took so long. We were not happy with the whole process. Some of it was Liberty's fault, some of it was the government's fault, and a lot of it was the fault of Senderra and the people who did the processing of the loan. Liberty's hands were tied on a lot of stuff, but Carol was on top of it all and took care of business for the most part. Finally, Liberty got the reverse mortgage done and I was satisfied.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Equity Solutions?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I came across Liberty Home Equity Solutions online. Because a reverse mortgage fits my needs, I preferred getting it. I was also concerned to be taken advantage of and I saw that it was backed by the government HUD. I had two different people from Liberty who I worked with. The first person was Amika, the reverse mortgage adviser. She was absolutely fabulous and I was very impressed with her. She was very informative too. She gave me her direct number so I could call her if I had questions, which I did. I was taken in by how positive she was. If I had any doubt, she just took care of everything. She listened to me and my needs, and she cared about how I could get done what I wanted to get done. She was working for the best outcome for me. She's made a difference in my life.

I had another gentleman who came in after her. He was fun and very courteous. He called me and said, “From now on out, you'll be dealing with me.” However, because I had already established a rapport with Amika, I continued with her, also communicating anything that he and I discussed. The gentleman was helpful, but to me, she did the work. He was more of the paper end of it. But Amika did the teaching, explaining and coaching.

I was very pleased with the outcome. Even the length of time that it took wasn’t bad at all. But I had some problems that came up with working through. I managed on my end to take away any concerns Liberty had because where I was at, they were not listening to what I was saying. I was getting this loan basically to pay back some debts and consolidate. Unfortunately, I had one in there that Liberty said they would have to take care of, which forced me from the loan I wanted into a loan I did not want and cost me a lot of money. There was not a person who could do anything about it. Even though Amika went to Liberty’s roundtable and fought for me, they still overrode her. And the gentleman said, “All I can do is forward information.”

It was a bill which I managed to get paid off. Amika sent me overnight envelopes and I put my original documents. We tried faxing and it didn’t work from the banks. I said, “Look. I'll send you my originals.” So I sent it back and it was taken care of in three days. Then Liberty didn’t have a reason that they had given and so the loan went through exactly the way I wanted it.

Liberty was also messing with my house insurance, which was all okay. But we didn't have to go through all of this. So that was the part that I was not happy about. I made it come out the way I wanted to and it met their standards. So they were happy and I was happy in the end. I just didn’t like having to jump through hoops to deal with this. But even with the little hiccup I’ve had with Liberty, I would definitely recommend them. I have to take the blame for some of this, but I feel that they need to listen to people sometimes. They could have set a rule if I did not send them the receipt where it was paid. I still had a very good experience with them though.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We looked at home loans and HELOCs, but we couldn’t afford additional payments on any of those options. A reverse mortgage seemed to fit our situation better, so we looked for somebody to take it out from and Liberty was the first that really contacted us. And Liberty sounded like a good company to go with. Getting a reverse mortgage is very difficult and I took a long time, but our loan officer helped us through the whole thing. He was there with everything we needed. He was helpful, prompt and responsive to all our requests. I like the fact that he was easy to get a hold of. When I called him, he picked up the phone. If I didn’t call him, he'd called me. When other people took over, they were good too. They made the process as easy as they could, and I appreciated the way they handled it.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Liberty is recommended by AMAC and I contacted Liberty through them. I really liked my original loan person but he was fired so I had to go with another one, and they could use a little more experience. In the end, they sent me the numbers of the loan and stuff for me to sign without ever discussing with me what they were doing or how they were setting up the loan. I told them that I wanted to set up the loan in certain ways and could best benefit me according to my experience with the counseling but I never got the opportunity to discuss any of those things with them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

When I started, I had $14,000 owed to the mortgage company and I looked into three or four different places to remortgage my house. I wanted to be very careful about what I was doing 'cause my husband died in October last year and my income went down 70%. I have a mobile home and only a couple of places do mobile homes. I first started dealing with Liberty in January, and when I first called, Carol was the one I was able to reach and she took her time with me and explained how things worked.

I had financial people tell me not to do it, so I called and told her that I wasn’t going to. Then she said that maybe they don’t understand and she'll explain to them anything they want to know about how things work. She sounded trustworthy and there weren't any closing costs. It was mainly because of Carol that I decided in July that I'd rather have my loan paid off and then I can pay it back at my leisure. I wanted to get the small amount of money and invest in a car that would last for the rest of my life. Liberty put me in touch with a lady in my hometown who came out to appraise the house and a guy came to inspect the underneath to make sure that it was done according to law.

I'm 75 years old and I have a suspicious nature, but Liberty put me in contact with outstanding and good people. I appreciated the guidance I got. Now, I'm paying the mortgage off and I'm happy with the experience, but I would tell people to take their time and check carefully like I did. People can get over their head easily and end up owing more than they'll ever get out of their house and that leaves their kids with nothing, but for the people who are careful with money, it's the absolute right experience. For me, it was the best way to go.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I was running out of money to continue living in my home. And in getting a reverse mortgage, I didn’t have to pay it back. The lady that I was dealing with was very informative and she answered all my questions. And also, I called the Liberty loan officer a few times and asked her questions, and she was very good. The only problem she had with me was she could not understand my rural route address since I live out in the country. But I’m very happy with Liberty. They were very good in discussing my options and the counseling helped a lot.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Considering my age, the time I have left to pay on the mortgage and because I needed some help, I opted for a reverse mortgage. An agent in Chicago referred me to Dave from Liberty Home Equity Solutions. He was involved, concerned, more upfront and active with me. He explained everything and if I had any questions, he was open for my calls at any time and I could ask him again. He worked with me and tried to get things completed along with Karen, the lady we had to go to get this notarized. Liberty's guidance was better than what I received before. It was very pleasing to know that every time I took another step, Dave was behind me and kept me up on everything. It was a great experience and I would recommend Liberty to a friend or anybody else. Dave and Karen were very helpful and worked well with me, and I appreciated that.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I followed up on reverse mortgage and Liberty is the one that came up. Their reps were all very pleasant, very helpful and very caring. They also did a very good job in discussing my options. My funds were running down to nothing, so I appreciated the efforts. It was long and drawn out, but other than that it was great. It was very enjoyable and the ending was wonderful.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Because of our age, we decided to do a reverse mortgage. Eric was the one who initially helped us at Liberty and he was very encouraging and knowledgeable. He laid out what steps we had to take and gave up the information that we needed each step of the way. He let us know what the timeframe was and we were more impressed with him. He was really good and very professional. The loan officer was also very professional, friendly and very helpful. They were very organized and always available if we had any questions, so that was good. They had excellent customer service and were very caring and concerned.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I did an early retirement and not being able to work at a regular job and knowing I needed some repairs done to my house, I started looking into reverse mortgage a year and a half ago. I talked to a lady named Ellen at Liberty and she was always so nice to me. But I put it off for a year then several things happened to the house this year and it was just getting to me. But I felt that life is too short to be so stressed out about everything. I didn't have a job and I needed some help to take care of the repairs or just to get the stress off of my life and Liberty helped me do that.

Initially, you talk to the sales loan officer for a long time until you make up your mind. Then you get put through to other hands. Lisa was awesome and although the others were not as personable as she was, I didn't have any complaints. It was an overall good experience. I've been in my home for 17-and-a-half years when I paid it off and the thought of having to get a reverse mortgage for it scared me. But it was something that I had to do and Liberty was there for me and I'm glad. The process was lengthy and there was a lot of paperwork, but everybody was there to try to help me out.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

My husband and I are seniors, and a reverse mortgage was something I wanted to take advantage of. I talked to Liberty and the next day I had information in the mail. They were informative and I found out some things that I didn’t know about reverse mortgages. And we also talked to a counselor, so that helped a lot. At first, I was skeptical and I was wondering why Ocwen was pushing for Liberty. After talking with them and Ocwen, they convinced me that they were two separate companies under the same parent company. Also, I was concerned at first because we had wanted to get refinancing for the lower interest rate, but they said they couldn’t do it because we were not behind on our mortgage. It didn’t sound right, but then they suggested we do a home equity loan. We thought about it for about a year and then we decided to do it.

During the process, I had a problem with my roof, and I thought that I would have to come up front with money, at first, to repair it. And they have given me until the next year to repair it because it’s raining in my house. But in a couple of weeks, we got that cleared up and everything went smoothly. Once they said my loan was final and we worked out all the details, like the repairs that I had to make, they sent me the money and it was great. So, I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

My wife is very sick and we don’t have any long term medical insurance. Sooner or later, one of us is going to wind up in an institution that’s going to drain a lot of our money. Looking at my assets, I have no way of paying for that, so I set up a line of credit for that particular purpose. Liberty was one of reverse mortgage companies listed to do business with online, so I saw their name and figured they must have some integrity to get on the list. I went to an education process and I was always on the phone. HUD asked me a number of questions and gave me their perspective on the line of credit. They didn’t blow the whistle while I'm doing business with Liberty and Len, the guy I worked with, thought that the line of credit was very helpful.

Len has been very helpful in assisting me. If I have any questions, I call him and he picks up the phone and answers the question. I went through the process as if I were going to move into a reverse mortgage except that Liberty had an independent party to assess the market value of the house and based on that, they set up a line of credit, which I have access to whenever I need it. It's almost a seamless process and it operates exactly the way they said. The institution that works with Liberty sends me a monthly statement, which tells me how much money I have in my line of credit, how much it has grown and what the rate of interest is. Also, I get a sheet of paper attached to a rundown, which allows me to request money without any questions asked.

I'm eligible for $80,000. I can write that amount down and they’ll send it to me. If I don’t use the money, there is no reverse mortgage, but if I get pushed into a point where I have to use that line of credit, then I can use all of it, a portion of it, or a little of it. I have the opportunity to pay it back if I want and while the money in the line of credit is not being used, it's earning interest. My experience has been very good and I'm satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

A reverse mortgage seemed to be the right thing to do for my wife and I. Liberty Home Equity Solutions called me when I responded to something online about a reverse mortgage. My loan officer was informative and helpful in getting everything accomplished for us to sign with them. Liberty was straightforward in answering any questions that my wife and I had and was helpful in solving our problem. I would recommend them to anyone who is interested in doing a reverse mortgage.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I'm almost 70 years old, I live by myself and I'm short of cash. I retired early and I got myself in a little bit of trouble. With the reverse mortgage, I can get out and do things that I want to do. My brother-in-law did most of the research and Liberty had one of the top ratings on the internet. It was the one we went to first and it seemed to be good. The people I dealt explained it and everything else so I signed up with them. Abby was the first one I dealt with and she was tremendous. Katie was good too.

We had to go through a counseling service with a professional. That was mandatory to go over all of the intricacies of the reverse mortgage. Everything was smooth but I had to make a few phone calls. I have to make another one today because I got a check in the mail stating "for taxes already paid" and I'm not sure what that is about. I was under the impression that I still had to pay the taxes. All of a sudden, I'm receiving a check for my quarterly tax bill.

My only complaint is that I'm getting phone calls, emails and text messages. I'm also getting letters in the mail at least once a day from some sort of finance company over this reverse mortgage. I'm upset about that but I have talked to their rep Katie about it. There are certain ones that they can't block like government regulations. I sent back a form with the ones that I checked off which I don't want to have any communication with.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I wanted to refinance my reverse mortgage and Auckland referred me to Liberty. They’re all pleasant and they’ve done their job. I’ve refinanced and in another 18 months or two years, I’m sure I’ll probably go through them or whoever Auckland would recommend. They did a good job.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My wife recently passed and my income had been reduced by a third. I needed a way to live without having to go on welfare and I thought there's an investment in the house and I don’t have anyone else to need to have it. My kids are well off and even though they don’t come visit me I go visit them. I was also facing possible cataract surgery and I didn’t have enough money to do that even with my Medicare supplement chipping in. I went online looking for a reverse mortgage and I was attracted to the title, Liberty. So that’s the one that I clicked on and started answering questions.

I first spoke with Jonathan and he was wonderful. He walked me through the paces and I must have talked to him by phone a dozen times at least. Even in the end, I followed up with him because I wasn’t getting the answers that I needed. But locally when it got put through to the closing, I understood the paperwork and everything seemed to go through okay. When I was beginning to wonder as to the taxes that needed to be paid and I wasn’t sure of how I would know that had been done, Jonathan gave the name of the group that’s handling the money that’s available to me the first year. I did the phone thing on that and even though I put in all the information, they didn’t seem to have me loaded in. So I did the wisest thing and called the treasurer department here at the City of Portland. I asked them to look up whether it had been paid then I got a call back on the day that it was due which said that it had been paid.

There were also a couple of other reps that were very good at follow up. I got a call every other day in the process that let me know what steps were being done and where I would be looking. It was on the 23rd of August that the closing occurred and three days later, in the period that I could have said no, I saw the deposit put in the bank account and that allowed me to pay a couple of debts that I planned to do initially. I was pleasantly surprised that things happened as quickly as they did. Liberty's reps have well-mastered their process and everything is going very well.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

There aren’t any products that enabled me to get funds other than a reverse mortgage. I've had a great experience with Liberty. Their loan officer was wonderful and I felt perfectly fine with their guidance. I even found out that one guy at Liberty was a distant cousin of mine and it was wonderful.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Liberty Home Equity Solutions does a very good job, and the process was very simple. The loan officer was very good and was able to answer all my questions. They also have someone here in Palm Beach, whom I can talk to and can come over and talk to me. Getting a reverse mortgage seemed to be the right thing to do, so I got one from Liberty Home, and I am happy keep, and would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Liberty was recommended by a friend of mine. Their loan officer was very thorough, concise, precise, and he explained everything. The whole process took six weeks, which was a little longer. We bought and paid for this place and we've been here for 11 years, and it wasn’t put in our name. So, we had to jump through some hoops, and if it hadn’t been for that, the process would have taken four weeks. Overall, it was a very pleasurable experience. Doing a reverse mortgage seemed the wisest thing to do, and we're very happy we went with Liberty. And if I had to do it over again, I would definitely go back to them. I would also recommend them to anyone I know.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

My husband passed away, and my brother told me about reverse mortgage. The Liberty Home Equity Solutions rep, Patrick, was very good to me and he was very understandable. I love him. We started the loan process about a month ago and everything was good. I’m very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Our niece works for Liberty and she told us about their company. Because of our age, we decided to choose a reverse mortgage. We looked at another company, but we liked the persons from Liberty that we were working with. We worked with Carol and another young lady named Yvette. The process was arduous because of HUD and all the stipulations that they have, plus the loan stuff and the builder. But Carol was a good worker and was very much on it. She pursued everything she could until we reached the stop-gap waiting for somebody else to do something. Yvette had the part of getting the application to the underwriter and getting through that. It was a tiring process but we'd still recommend Liberty. We liked them, they did a good job and the difficulties we had were not their doing.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

The first guy I talked to was Gary. I talked to about four different home equity companies and I decided to go with Liberty, because with the way I wanted to use it, Gary told me they'd work best for me and I agreed with him. Then he passed me along to another gal who did a fine job and we got it done. So far so good and I got all my questions answered. I haven't taken any of the money out yet, but it's there and ready to be used. It's nice to know that it's there if I needed it. I don't know if that changed my life, but it’s taken some pressure off my brain. Plus currently, I wouldn't have to sell my house right away and I have time to sell it.

There were a couple of things in the process that I didn't like, for instance, the unbelievable amount of paperwork and signing. I could not believe that it was necessary. Plus, they wanted to know everything about my finances, when it should have just been about the house. I don't know if that's a Liberty thing though. Why do they need to know if I have other properties or if I have other businesses or how much money is in my IRA. I didn't think it was any of their business because it's a home equity loan. It should just be what's the value of the house. They gave me 40 percent of the value of the house, so why did they need all that extra information, all documented? But the people that I was dealing with, I told them the same thing and they just said, that's what they tell them you got to get. So if there's anything in the process I would change, it would be that.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I don’t have children so I'm not worried about leaving anything but I'd rather not have a loan against the house. I've been on disability for 15 years and when I was first sick, my insurance company cancelled me and I was homeless for a while. A reverse mortgage was so much easier than going through the bank and Liberty Home Equity Solutions was recommended by my neighbor Linda. At that time, I actually had not done my research and I was convinced that I would eventually lose my home. I really needed to know that that would not happen and the Liberty team was able to calmly, logically and naturally explain everything. My very first experience put me at ease about making the decision to get the loan and working with this particular person. And then, the next person was great too and everybody has been super nice. They've made sure I'm absolutely comfortable with the process and I do not hesitate to call if I have any questions at all.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I had quite a difficulty with the first person. He wasn’t able to understand what I wanted. But it seemed like Liberty had it together. The experience was a fairly pleasant experience when I got a hold of the right person who had the right answers. I worked with four of their representatives and three of them were pretty good. One of them was a bit naive to the whole process, but the last person who I spoke to was the most informative. The process took no more than two weeks which was very quick. The appraisal came through in three days after I requested for it. There was one incident when they wanted to close the day I was talking to them on the phone and I wasn’t quite ready for that so we closed the next day. It would’ve been faster had I gone ahead and closed the day they wanted to close on.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

My son used to sell real estate and he looked into seven reverse mortgage providers, and he said Liberty was the best option for me. I took his advice. Liberty's loan officer was very pleasant, courteous and patient. She had a lot of information, which she explained to my son who then made it easier for me to understand. The process went smoothly because I had gone through Citigroup three months ago and tried to get a loan. The things that I needed when I got to Liberty already had the information.

At first, I thought that I would have to go to different places because I had to take a test and I had to have paperwork and stuff. Liberty came to my home and when I needed to send something, they sent envelopes with the paperwork in it and then I brought it to the FedEx place. The process scared me at first, but they made it easy. I learned a lot going through it. It was a little stressful because you never know what they're going to ask you for. When they needed the original birth certificate, which was one of the last things I had to come up with, I didn’t have it. But they took the brown one I had instead of the original. Overall, it was a great and enlightening experience.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I did a reverse mortgage given that I won’t have to pay it back and went with Liberty because of Dan, my loan officer who used to work for me at Gulf States Mortgage. Although I had talked with other people that I picked up off the internet, I knew Dan and he was local. The Liberty staff was very accommodating. They came to the house and did the closing to take the loan out. His staff in California is not quite as expeditious as he is, but that’s what I got for dealing long distance. The experience has been good and the guidance given to me was fine, and having worked in the mortgage business myself, things were a lot easier for me. The money has wound up in my bank account. I just got through reading their statement and literature and I have some questions but thus far, I’m completely satisfied with my experience.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Company Information