2. Reverse Mortgages

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.29/5

Liberty Reverse Mortgage provides services to homeowners age 62 and older as a retirement planning solution and access to achieve short-term financial goals.

Our reverse mortgage solutions are useful in:

- Supplementing retirement income

- Paying off an existing mortgage

- Covering for medical expenses

- And helping with any other major costs!

Contact us today for a free rate comparison!

BOTTOM LINE

Liberty Reverse Mortgage offers two types of reverse mortgages to eligible homeowners: HECM loans and HECM for Purchase loans. Unlike most home equity loan providers, Liberty is a direct lender and available in 49 states.

PROS
  • No monthly mortgage payments
  • Free online resources for partners
  • Liberty Iron Clad Guarantee
CONS
  • Rigid eligibility requirements

Top Liberty Reverse Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Reverse Mortgage?

The entire process took no more than six weeks... They were awesome people to work with. Everybody was really on-the-ball. They were very right on target with everything and there was no hesitation about anything. It was just an absolute joy to work with them…

Everything was good with the application process. However it took a while… But the service was really good. Everybody was on time and they kept me informed. It was also pretty easy to get a hold of them because when I either emailed or called, they called me back.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage Call Now Toll Free (866) 268-5369 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Liberty Reverse Mortgage

Liberty Reverse Mortgage is a member of the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association and one of the biggest and most experienced home equity conversion mortgage (HECM) providers in the United States offering conforming and jumbo loan products. Liberty’s jumbo reverse mortgages, also known as propriety reverse mortgages, are available for amounts higher than the typical HECM limit.

Dedicated and licensed loan professionals help deliver fast, efficient funding in 49 states. Liberty Reverse Mortgage’s options have flexible terms and competitive pricing, plus the company doesn’t charge upfront fees — they bundle processing and loan fees into the loan. Qualified borrowers are not required to make monthly mortgage payments, but they must pay property taxes and homeowners insurance, as well as maintain their home.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage products

Liberty Reverse Mortgage only provides HECM loans and HECM for Purchase loans. Both types are reverse mortgage loans insured with the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and are available to people 62 years or older.

• HECM loan: An HECM loan from Liberty can be used to pay off existing debts and supplement retirement savings to enhance retirement lifestyle. Like HECM loans from other providers, applicants meet basic requirements, like HUD financial eligibility criteria.
  • HECM for Purchase loan: Liberty offers HECM for Purchase loans for single-family homes, FHA-approved condominiums and manufactured home that meet FHA guidelines. Note that the seller must finish all major home repairs before the loan can close.

How does Liberty Reverse Mortgage work?

The Liberty HECM or HECM for Purchase loan application processes may take 30 to 45 days. Liberty Reverse Mortgage loan amounts are based on the appraised value of the home and are subject to the FHA and Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) limits.

Step 1. Complete a Liberty Reverse Mortgage application
The official application allows Liberty to begin the application process. The company does not charge application fees, and the application can be canceled anytime before closing.
Step 2. Attend mandatory reverse mortgage counseling
If you’re applying for any HECM loans, you’re required to attend a reverse mortgage counseling session with a HUD-approved counseling agency. As proof you have completed the counseling session, you’ll need to submit a signed HECM Counseling Certificate to Liberty Reverse Mortgage.
Step 3. Get an appraisal
Your property will likely be re-appraised by an independent HUD-approved appraiser to determine the fair value of your property, even if you have a recent valuation of your property. Appraisal fees may be aggregated with the total mortgage amount.
Step 4. Wait for underwriting
Liberty Reverse Mortgage underwriters ensure all conditions are met and additional and missing items completed before establishing a final closing date. After meeting all the underwriting requirements, you and Liberty will then confirm the closing date.
Step 5. Sign Liberty Reverse Mortgage closing documents
On closing day, a Liberty Reverse Mortgage loan professional will request you sign the final closing documents in the presence of an attorney or notary. After signing the documents, you’ll be allowed a three-day rescission period within which you may cancel your application without penalty. If you don’t cancel, Liberty will issue a check or wire the applicable funds to your bank account. Keep in mind that the right to the three-day rescission period does not apply to HECM for Purchase loans.

Liberty reverse mortgage FAQ

Who qualifies for a reverse mortgage with Liberty?
Borrowers who are at least 62 years old and hold title to their home may be qualified for a reverse mortgage with Liberty. Applicants must also have sufficient equity in their home and meet financial eligibility requirements established by HUD.
What is the Liberty Iron Clad Guarantee?
The Liberty Iron Clad Guarantee is a commitment by Liberty to deliver exceptional customer service and value. Liberty promises fair and competitive pricing to all borrowers at all times, and if they can’t match a competitor’s offer, they will issue you a $100 Visa gift card. With the Liberty Iron Clad Guarantee, Liberty Reverse Mortgage commits to close your loan within 60 days. If they cannot fulfill this commitment, they will issue a $500 credit to your closing costs. This offer applies to borrowers who submit requirements on time. It is, however, not applicable for HECM for Purchase products, loan applications that do not meet FHA eligibility requirements, loan applications that are canceled before closing, HECM counseling costs and closing costs above $500.
How long does it take to close a Liberty reverse mortgage?
Liberty’s average processing time from start to finish is roughly 30 days but may take as long as 45 days. Processing time will depend on the circumstances of the loan, the speed of submission and requirements by the borrower.
What is the Liberty Reverse mortgage wholesale program?
With the expanding senior market, Liberty partners with wholesale lenders and brokers — from high-volume producers to one-person third-party originators. To help grow their businesses, Liberty provides them access to their products, marketing support and training at no cost.
How does Liberty calculate total loan amounts?
Liberty considers the type of reverse mortgage, age of the youngest borrower, current interest rates, the appraised value of your home, and FHA maximum lending limit or sale price when calculating total loan amounts. Liberty partners can access Liberty’s online Reverse Calculator, where the lowest rate and fee are automatically included.

Do we recommend Liberty Reverse Mortgage?

Liberty Reverse Mortgage could be a smart choice for qualified seniors who want to get rid of recurring mortgages or build cash buffers for unexpected expenses through a conforming or jumbo HECM or HECM for Purchase loan. A reverse mortgage is a big decision, but Liberty Reverse Mortgage has taken strides to extend exceptional service and value to its clients — for example, get $100 Visa Card Gift if they can’t match a competitor or a $500 credit to your closing costs through the Liberty Iron Clad Guarantee.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Reverse Mortgage?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I talked to Wells Fargo that my husband has banked with for over 40 years and their reverse mortgage and the people were not nearly as willing to spend as much time with us as Eric and his team at Liberty. They explained that this is primarily what they do. They have never put me on hold for 20 minutes. When I've contacted them and I've got questions that I really need answered, usually the same day or within 24 hours working day, within the second working day, they've gotten back to me.

My husband and I don't have a budget for having a computer and an internet link in our home. Eric and his entire team understood that UPS would be the fastest, reliable, ground service. They chose the alternative that would be the most efficient even though it wasn't cheap to send those envelopes and to get me sending those envelopes back. Every time they needed original documents, they just had me put post-it notes on them saying, “These are my originals. Please return them as soon as possible.” They did that throughout. Eric, Peggy, and that team deserve congratulations on doing their jobs so well, and for them demonstrating throughout the entire process which took a long time. They were very consumer-friendly. Eric, in particular, is a very understanding and detailed person. Everybody who was shoring up the process and helping him out were very capable. It was a good experience working with them.

The application and underwriting process took five months. Delays and difficulties resulted because, for example, there was a lack of understanding of the way my insurance agent has very capably and carefully protected our family. Our homeowners insurance doesn't just insure for the amount that the house is valued at. It insures us over that amount. In other words, if our house is destroyed or totaled in any catastrophe that's insured, we’re covered not only for the amount the house is valued at, but about another $110,000 over that, so that if we need to completely replace our house, our insurance will take care of us, and somebody at Liberty didn't understand that.

The process was delayed almost a month because they required me to go back to my insurance agent and to have my insurance agent prove to them how much insurance we actually carry on the house. I find the process very daunting because of a lack of understanding of how carefully we take care of our primary asset, our home, and how carefully we have insured it. We actually pay quite a lot for homeowners because we value our primary asset over and above what they value it at.

We're using the equity in our home to our reverse mortgage primarily because my husband had five surgeries last year. $190,000 is not unusual for one of his medical bills and so, I have to deal with how to deal day by day with his illness, his pain, and his stress. I have to also deal with the financial reality of making sure that he's covered by his primary health insurance and Medicare. Now, I'm also using the reverse mortgage to pay bills for medicine.

I set about this process to do something that we didn't want to do under any circumstances. We had a free and clear home. He’s 72, I'm coming up on 70 years old. We're in the middle of a pandemic of universal or global stress and global reality. The whole thing of having to have people in the home to do our valuation and have people in our home to do essential repairs that we weren't exactly waiting on. But we decided that since we were requesting money on an intact and functioning home, that could be resold if necessary if my husband doesn't survive his cancer. The guys at Liberty were very human and they were willing to take an extra five minutes to hear the fact that we're great grandparents. They were very supportive and understanding that we were doing something we have worked throughout our lives.

I would recommend them very highly because the process is not their fault. The piles of paperwork at the last closing had more than 50 sheets of paper and we had to sign between 35 and 40 times. It's a process that every time takes an hour and a half. Their patience, their helpfulness, and the fact that when I had some questions about why the paperwork was so incredibly involved, they said that this is a major political and financial process, and I hadn't realized when I started it because I have held mortgages before.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response
Great feedback, Kathleen! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re

happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Get buying tips about Reverse Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

In 2016, we started looking at finding a reverse mortgage vendor. We had a very close friend of ours that had been with Liberty and recommended them. So, we processed through that. And then, we got our counseling fee and everything taken care of and got our house appraised. April of 2017 we finally got the loan closed. So, we've been with Liberty since 2017.

We're in our mid to late 70s. Approaching our 80s here rapidly skyrocket time in our life. We had a close friend pass away. Brad had gone through knowing full well that his passing would come within a year or two, so he started searching around to refinance his reverse. And I went to them, initially, because I figured Liberty had gone out of the business because we had been transferred from Liberty to some other company and then PHH eventually. Got Brad’s appraisal come back and it was way off bat.

Somehow, I got a letter from Liberty saying that, “Hey, you know, you're a valued customer and if you'd be interested in refinancing, we might be able to help you.” So, we went to them and they beat everybody's price. Our closing cost was outstanding. In December we closed. We have been refinanced and our interest spread on our loan is down. We borrowed considerably against our reverse, too. We put a new roof, new cabinets, oak floor, windows, and gutters to spruce it up a bit. In refinancing now, we got some more assets that we can put in new carpets and build a garage and finish off the basement area, and maybe get that done before I turn 85. Hopefully, I'll get that done next year. We're just tickled pink. We got everything squared away.

One question we do have is we had received several follow-ups with Liberty in our PHH statement and then separate letters that they sent. One of them that stuck out was, “Liberty Reverse Mortgage, Reward Card, $50, Randall B and Grace **. $50 is just a phone call away when you apply before 12/31/ 2020. Our records indicate that you benefit from refinancing your existing mortgage. Plus, as a valued customer, you will receive a $50 Visa card just for applying before 12/31/20.” We applied and nothing has happened. I presumed because they figured they gave us such a good deal that they don't have to do this card. So, that's kind of a tricky thing.

Then today, I paid on house insurance. In order to close the loan, we had to pay an additional $115.90. I paid that with my credit card. We got a payment plan set up. I just paid another $211 on the house insurance. But they went ahead and paid it themselves and then tacked it on the loan. I don't know who to contact about that. And maybe I'm reading it wrong. But other than that, we are just thoroughly pleased. Top of the world. We have recommended already four other couples to delve into this matter. Unfortunately, there are some misconception out there, and I don't know who's putting it out. Like our daughter and son-in-law are very concerned that we would do this because it's not gonna be advantageous for us. But I looked at it.

We started building our home in 1978. And in 1985, our daughter and our son-in-law were able to get married in our house. We took out a loan for $41,500. I had to go through five different banks and finally found my credit union, the one I've been with ever since ’65, agreed to give us 41,500. The other five banks though would not loan us the money unless we borrowed 85,000 because it was impossible to build a four-bedroom, 2,840 square foot house for less than 85,000. We built our house for 41,500. Out of that 41,500, we were able to make six trips to Honolulu, Hawaii and spent about two to three weeks atop with two of the three kids over a period of four years. Our house is now worth $430,000 because of what we got approved for on the refinance of the home. And that was closed out in December of 2020.

Two weeks ago, I checked on our evaluation of a home, and it's now 460,000. That's not market. That's what Zillow Realtor and the other outfits that do real estate. Plus, I went back to the HECM guy that did our appraisal on our home. 57 pages of qualifications. They go through a lot to be able to get on the approved list to do HECM appraisal. And he comes back with the 465,000. That's pretty nice, huh? So, for us, this is a tremendous advantage because once we got up into our 65, retired, that we had no other source of income unless we were able to get a job or something, which we did. But essentially, our sole source of income was what we had put into our traditional IRAs and savings accounts, and then what we could pick up on the side.

To be able to come out and refinance and drop our interest rate from like 4.5 or 5% down to 2.57 for another X number of years, it's really a good thing. Plus, to be able to come out with another $180,000 or so that we got a line of credit on. Somehow Liberty and these other outfits that do these reverse have to get on the street and let the public know what the advantage is of a reverse mortgage. And they got the information out there, but for whatever means, there's information that's not telling the truth of what the advantages are. And looking what I see from Liberty, they need to hire somebody that really know something about what the reverse does and put that in their advertisement. Because there's such an advantage of it.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response
    Great feedback, Randall! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re

happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I wanted to refinance the reverse mortgage and put my partner on it. That's why I decided to refinance. I called the people that I had the mortgage with, to ask them about refinancing, how it would go, and was it possible what I wanted to do. They said that I could do that. And it was a good time to refinance because interest rates were lower than what I had three years ago, property values were up, and you could get more money out when you did a reverse mortgage.

Originally, I decided to sell a big house I had out in the country. I had a four bedroom, three bath house and a half an acre. It was just essentially me and one other person. I looked at doing a reverse mortgage of that house. I felt I will use up all of my retirement before I die. One big part of that was I was still paying the house. Rather than doing a reverse mortgage on that house, which was getting older, I knew I was going to have to put money in that house within the next 5 to 10 years. It would need a new roof. It would need to be painted. And I had already done that on the house. I knew how much it would cost me.

I decided to just sell that house, buy a smaller one, and buy it with the reverse mortgage purchase. That way, I had plenty of money to use to buy the house with the reverse mortgage. But I didn't have to use up all of my proceeds from the house. I had a bit of a nest egg to put with what I still had. And by not having a house payment on the new house, I would be able to live on my social security, and I wouldn't have to dip in every month to my retirement savings.

I got the original reverse mortgage purchase with somebody else. They sold it to Liberty. So, when I decided that I wanted to refinance, I went to Liberty because they already had all my stuff. It took a little longer than it should have because of the pandemic and because people weren't always working in the office. But overall, I'm really happy with what I accomplished. I was able to put my partner on the house. So if I should pass away before he does, he still will have a place to live until he dies.

I gave to them material that all that they needed. Somehow, and I figure it was probably a copying error, they lost the last page of the bank statement that I sent them. I sent it to them twice and somehow, they couldn't keep track of what I sent them. Because there weren't always people in the office to receive those things, they got put into stacks. Somehow, they got mishandled. I had to send information to them more than once. That was all probably due to people not being in the office and on top of things all the time because of COVID.

I don't hold that against them. Everybody's doing the best they can at this time. And stuff like that happens. It would have been nice to have settled it a bit faster. I probably would have gotten more money because of the time it took between when we started it and when it ended, the payoff on the old reverse mortgage had gotten higher. I got less money back out of the whole process. But since that was not my goal in doing this, it was not that big a deal.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response
    Great feedback, Janet! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re

happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I didn't have a mortgage on the house. It was paid for in cash. But I lived overseas for a long time so my Social Security check was really small. I found out that I really wasn't going to have the money to continue living here if I didn't have something to supplement my Social Security. I could see that in maybe five years, all my savings would be used up. I didn't know anything about a reverse mortgage and how they worked so I spent a bit of time in December checking on it. In January, I decided that that would be the thing I wanted to do. I talked to a couple of people but the person I liked the best and that I clicked with was Liz from Liberty.

At that time, the house was still in my former partner's name and my name. At the beginning of the year, he decided that he would sign the house over to me because he didn't think he was ever gonna come back. But somebody told him that he might be liable for taxes so he and his sister went to a lawyer that she had to find out. Because it's American law, they don't know anything about that in England. That law firm had some working relationship with a law firm in New York. They asked them and they answered they don't know. They put out a request for a proposal for a law firm in Florida to answer the question and that guy didn't do anything. He sat on it for six weeks. It was all delayed till March but Liz was very patient. She would ask me about once a month if I had heard anything.

The work with Liz was fine. When it first got turned over, the first couple of people I talked to were very nice. Then I got one who was not nice at all and was very curt. The underwriters were jerks. I had turned in all the documents that I was supposed to turn in. One of the documents is a letter from the homeowners association. It's proof that you're up to date with the homeowners association. It turns out that we thought we had a homeowner's association and its fee was $25 a year. But then in 2019, the person who was the property manager absconded with the money. When they went to press charges, they found out that the homeowners association that had been going on for about 20 years was never properly registered with the state so it never existed. They disbanded it and had consulted a lawyer when the police said that they didn't have any recourse because they weren't properly registered as a homeowner's association.

These people had raised the fee from $25 to $75 just before they disbanded. I sent him the receipt I had that showed I paid the 25. I sent the copy of my bank statements that showed that I sent this other check for 50 and there was the official receipt from the one for 2019. But I didn't have a receipt for the one for 2020 because that was when all the turmoil was and the property manager refused to turn over any of the records of the homeowners association.

Those underwriters then sent me a letter that I had to get a letter from the homeowners association which I told them didn't exist. It had to be on the letterhead of the homeowners association saying that I didn't owe anything for 2020 which of course I didn't since they didn't exist. I was very pissed off and I'm still pissed off. Until I had the quitclaim, we couldn't begin the formal process. I was ready to do that. But then they had me going through this DocuSign thing without even saying, “Can we do it tomorrow or we can we do it this afternoon?” It was, “We do it right now.” Liz was on the other line and because I trusted her, I just said okay. But that was really poor. I was trying to reread and refresh my memory on the documents as we went through and make sure that I had seen them all. Afterwards, I went through it more carefully and two of them had to be changed.

Then they sent me another letter to sign about two days later. Doing some kind of background search, they found somehow that my name was on a property that I had rented. They were asking me if I owned it and I said no. They said I had to do a letter. It was Liz that did a letter for me and I signed it. They also had done a credit check. I told them I wanted to compare the interest rate with other companies because I didn't want to sign something and be stuck with it before I knew what I was signing into. I was told I could get it online.

All of a sudden the underwriting people were again asking for something unreasonable like the homeowners association business. That was stupid. They obviously didn't even read it. They also asked why I contacted other people. I was really pissed off because I thought that was an invasion of my privacy, number one, and two, I thought if they wanted to be sure that somebody doesn't already have an application in place with another company, they should have a form letter that you sign saying that you are not in the process of negotiating or applying.

I did send a rather lengthy survey back and a very nice man who was the vice president of something called me. His name is Garrett. It seemed like he was very sincere that he was going to sort of take into the fact that I felt like I was being treated like a criminal rather than a partner in something that was gonna benefit both of us. That's a very stupid way of doing it. Liz was straight all the way. She was very upfront and polite. But some of the people that I had talked to were like used car salesman who will say anything to get you to sign. They're very demanding and aren't even polite in the way they demand things. I had some problems with them even though all my documentation was in order. But in the end, it was a very satisfactory experience. The rates were competitive, it's all very well controlled by HUD and they seem to be operating very straightforwardly.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

Dear Lisa, We appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience with Liberty. We take feedback seriously and someone from our customer service team will be contacting you directly.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I read about the reverse mortgage and it seemed to fit my needs really well. I’m really pleased with it. I had an existing reverse mortgage with Liberty that I took out about five years ago. My house has gone up in value, so I had more equity available plus the interest rates are down right now. So, I decided to refinance with Liberty because they’ve been fine for me, so far.

The application process was okay. They sent a lady out with all the forms, and we went through them, we signed them, and that part was fine. I thought the process took too long, though. From the time I started, it was at least four months before it finally closed. I would get an occasional call from someone at Liberty talking about how they’re working on it and how it’s going. He’d also ask for certain documentation. So, I complied with all of their requests immediately like the next day. But it got to a point where it seemed like nothing was happening. It was during the coronavirus thing as well. However, it seems to me that we were just dealing with paperwork.

I called them repeatedly and I was getting upset with the response I was getting. It was always, “Well, we’re working on it,” and, “You need to talk to so and so,” and there were four different names of different people. I’m not sure what their function was. But, eventually, they did things like, “We have to schedule an inspection.” I said, “Okay. Well, let’s do that.” So then, they sent me a list of people. They said, “Here. You have to do this.” I called the people on the list. I got somebody and that person responded fairly quickly. It was four days later. And after all of this, at the time, it sounded more like an excuse. We had to have this appraisal thing. It turned out that he did and is not exactly true. But according to those people, because of the coronavirus, he just did a drive by. It was 500 bucks, and the guy never even really examined the house.

Why it took four days for them to get the so-called inspection done is still a mystery to me. But it’s done. It’s all been signed, completed and sealed. I got my first monthly statement for a month and I did it as a line of credit, and it’s in there and available and I’m back to where I was, only with a larger mortgage and then more money available. I’m pleased with the outcome, but there was a while there when I was seriously thinking about contacting another lender because they acted like these guys weren’t really interested.

The terms of the reverse mortgage were pretty much what I expected. I had to go to some training with an outside company which costs me some more money. They talked about the different types of loans which are available and if this reverse mortgage is really right for you. The thing was I was an existing customer. So, making me go through a class to tell me what I already knew wasn’t necessary. Plus, it costs money. It wasn’t, “We will give you this free information to protect you.” It’s “You’re gonna pay this company who is gonna give you some information that you may or may not need.”

I’ve been with the company for at least five years, and I’ve always been really happy with them. I was just unhappy with the way they handled this transaction. It was like, "I’m trying to give you $10,000 to do some paperwork for me, and your guy gave me a fee of what’s going on. But overall, they’re a good company. They’ve handled my account just fine.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

Thank you, Rick! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I put an inquiry on the internet and Liberty called. They were persistent. I talked to them and the rep started getting all the information. And we just went that way. Then we got further into it, and it was a lot of waiting. They could have been more upfront about some things. We didn't know that this is a line of credit at first. We paid cash for a home, and then we thought we would get a percentage of what we paid for it, not a small amount like we did. I thought they would give a lump sum amount rather than a line of credit. A reverse mortgage, I don't know what the difference is myself. They didn't explain that portion of it. But it is what it is.

Liz and Leah were very good. They were very helpful with things. I had to get back with them to get some information because this should have been done in December. We started in October, but then it wasn't done until March. I wasn't too thrilled with Peggy, but she got it through.She got irritated with me calling, trying to find out what was going on, why was it taking so long. She needs to be more patient.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

Dear Joann, We appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience with Liberty. A member from our team will reach out to you directly to discuss this matter.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Liberty offered me a better deal than the people I had been working with. The application process took a little longer than I thought it would but in the end, everything worked out just fine. The rep I had was very responsive. He returned the calls and answered all my questions. He was very supportive. I was looking to get as much out of my home equity as I possibly could because I have no particular need to leave it to anybody. And getting a lot of cash helps me so I don't have to take as much out of my retirement funds, and therefore I don't have to pay as much in tax. So working with them was a very positive thing for me.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response
    Great feedback, Barnet! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re

happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Every time I presented Liberty's people with something, I had to come up with something new that they wanted me to present to them which really pissed me off. That happened more than once during the lending process. The problem was the people looking over the data. Other than that, the loan officer that I dealt with was pretty good.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

Hi Elliot, We appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience. A member from our team will reach out to you directly to discuss this matter.

Original review: April 7, 2021

It took them a while to get the appraisal. Other than that, Lending Tree answered my questions and explained everything really well.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

Patricia, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Liberty is a very recognized and serious company. Whatever they told me what I would get was what I got. Nothing extra, nothing less. I will recommend them to anybody because it’s a reliable and established company in the United States.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

We appreciate your feedback, Orlando! We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

Liberty Reverse Mortgage Company Information