toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I wanted to get out of credit card debt, so I went with Liberty. The woman who came and talked to me knew a lot and she really helped me through it. She was also friendly and able to answer my questions.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

We appreciate your feedback, Rebecca! We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I took a class and Liberty explained everything very thoroughly. I had a lot of questions 'cause I didn't know a lot about it. They provided some information that I asked for after everything was completed and were very thorough.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, Peter! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Liberty Mortgage made the Reverse Mortgage experience both educational and understandable. Always quick to respond to my questions at each step throughout the process, and then following through showing me at each step exactly what they promised.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Geraldine, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I got a phone call from Bharat and he discussed about Liberty with me. He did a good job telling me the ins and outs about their home equity solutions and I really thought that that would be something that could help me out of my home situation. They really helped me a lot, everything went smooth, and it didn't take that long. I was able to get in contact with all the people I need to be in contact with. Yvette and Bharat called and kept up with me. I could call them anytime like if something came up that I didn't understand. The DebtHelper people also really helped me and were very kind. It was really a good experience for me.

Now I'm in the process of doing some repairs around my house. I've been calling some contractors because I wanna get it painted and I have a little wood issue that I need to have repaired. I had a little garden in front of my house and I was able to get somebody to come out and repair that. Everything is running along good. Looks like Christmas is gonna be good in my house.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Terry, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

Liberty's loan administrator was great, bubbly and happy all the time. She called me when she really didn't even need to have to call me. Everything was pretty prompt and on a timely manner. However, I got this thing from PRC, I don't know if they were the underwriters and I was under the understanding that Liberty was going to hold the loan.

I'd already started some paperwork with AAG and didn't like the person that I was working with. He was very snooty, snotty, blunt and bland. He has no people personality. I brought up some situations and he acted like I was a dummy and I didn't like that. I've never gone through this so I had a lot of questions for him. They probably offered as much or more than Liberty did but weren't as cordial and polite. They seemed like they wanted a little more information on some things than I was willing to give. I just didn't like that person and I told him so on the phone.

Then, I worked with another person with Liberty and she was great. She did a lot of the paperwork and I can tell that she's very into her job. Since I had a lot of the paperwork already done through AAG, this made it a little easier for them and they picked up on it. They did everything on a timely manner and were very professional and personable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Equity Solutions?

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, James! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

My sister and my next door neighbor used Liberty. They were really happy with it so I started thinking about it also. All I ever wanted was to have no house payment but I had a lot of equity in my home and I was concerned about losing all that. After really looking into it and talking to people, I was pretty much convinced that that really wasn't the way it was. So I felt pretty confident about getting a reverse mortgage. Everything went smooth with Liberty and I was real happy with everything.

The Liberty Home Equity representative who came to our house was excellent and his service was outstanding. He brought his own mortgage closure which was seamless and excellent. Their sales process was more than smooth. It's better than getting a mortgage. Like all other people, we have our doubts, but once we got done talking with him, we were pretty well sold that this was a legitimate deal. And it’s good for us because we’re 69 and we don’t intend on owning a house. They’ve done a great job.

I decided a reverse mortgage would be good because my credit was not good. I had no job and I only had my social security, so refinancing was out. We had to move fast ‘cause I didn’t want to lose the house or get behind. The rep of Liberty was very good about it. He got everything done very quickly and we flipped it to a reverse mortgage in time that I didn’t have any problems. They provided me with a lot of counselling and they were very nice and were always available by phone.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, Joyce! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I have a daughter who is in real estate and she helped us decide to go with Liberty. The loan officer was not as knowledgeable as he should have been. I'm not unhappy that I did what I did, but I probably should've looked around more and had a better interest rate. I didn't think their overall organization was as good as you would expect.

Working with Liberty has been very good. The lady we worked with was very experienced. She would help us even on weekends.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Maria, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: July 22, 2016

Our daughter who helps us with our business was concerned about our future, so recommend Liberty to us. We went to talk to them and we were very pleased. Working with the loan officer was very pleasant. My husband, my daughter, and I were very well received, and we understood exactly what we were going to do. The guidance was very good! Plus, the owner of the company was a very agreeable and kind person - we really like and trust him. He was the one that was explaining to us what we were going to do, so he was very important in our decision. Liberty saw our situation and offered us what we needed and we got it, so we're very satisfied.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Thank you, James! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service that you needed.

Original review: July 18, 2016

I needed money so I did a reverse mortgage with Liberty Home Equity Solutions. The people that helped me were very nice about it. They answered all the questions that I had and they were very good with discussing options with me.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Dean, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: July 16, 2016

The rep from Liberty was the second person I sat down with and I was satisfied about understanding everything. We discussed different options and everything’s good. I have no problem with anything. I’d recommend Liberty to a friend.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Karen, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: July 12, 2016

A friend of mine recommended Liberty Home Equity Solutions and introduced me to Bob, one of their loan officers. He was great and on top of everything. He answered all my questions and was genuinely caring and very helpful. Liberty gave me a ton of information, and they were very thorough. It was a great experience. It went very well, and in fact, of all the loans and refinancing I've done, it was one of the best.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, Terry! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I felt better and more comfortable doing a reverse mortgage. I did some searching and went with a company, and then compared them to Liberty. Liberty by far was the best. They worked with me a lot better than the other one. I trust Liberty. Their rep answered all my questions. I slept on it since I wanted to make the right move, and then, I got back with them. The rep was very patient. She stayed with me and reassured everything was going to be fine, which turned out that way. It's a simple process, but the other company I went through didn’t follow up and made comments that didn’t sound right. Liberty was true blue all the way. Their follow-up was within hours, they kept me informed all the way through it, and I'm very happy.

At this point in our life, a reverse mortgage was the only option. I went with Liberty and I had very informative and helpful interactions with their people. They were easy to get a hold of, too. There was a lag for a while that we had to make a couple of phone calls in between the paperwork all being done and the appraiser. And this time of the year, winter, is also not the easiest time for us to get an appraiser on the house.

One of the negative things was I had to pay for a counseling session by phone. They said it was a requirement for all the applicants - to have someone call me per phone. I paid $125 and this gentleman is not allowed to counsel me or help me make any decisions. Everything that he talked with me about on the phone was absolutely everything that I read in the brochure. I could have saved myself $125. Also, my original date loan application they said would be between one and three months upon completion but it took us well over six or seven months for the whole process to be done. That was a bit longer than I had anticipated. But on the whole, they have been helpful, cooperative and courteous.

I had an equity line of credit on this house and decided I didn't feel like to keep on paying it that high. My house was appraised at $809,000. I had a $30,000 or $40,000 line of equity, and every month, they want me to pay this and that, and I finally got tired of it. I started researching and went with Liberty Home because they were willing to pay all the side costs and the closing costs. However, I didn't know at the time that it was that complicated. A rep drove over a couple of times and he was very excellent, but I had to go through a lot of stuff. I sat and signed a bunch of papers.

I got a 2016 HECM from Liberty Home Equity Solutions aka Ocwen. There are multiple companies and HUD involved. In 2016, my home was insured and county property tax appraised for $230,000. Now it is 2017 insured and county taxed appraised at $250,000, with a premium new roof, premium new Energy Star windows, new Energy Star premium glass doors, new Energy Star premium French doors, and much, much more. $60,000 more money has been put into my home. I am never leaving. I am here for at least 40 more years. In no time, this great home with five different terrific flower and shrub gardens in an extra big backyard will be worth more than $300,000. The outstanding landscaping alone cost $15,000 plus.

I have a three bedroom, two bathroom, concrete block, stucco exterior, three car garage home, in an exclusive, pristine, 24/7 guarded, and gated, 55 plus, 20 years old, golf course resort. It was expanded in square footage at the time of the construction, adding on a computer room and a third bedroom, (two extra rooms), and building the three car garage. The reverse mortgage property appraiser did not acknowledge this. Only 1,500 homes were allowed to be built in my development. We live in a wildlife refuge in the county with three lakes and one river, with little car traffic. Yet we are conveniently close to the medical center across the street, nearby shopping, and close by two main highways.

The reverse mortgage property appraiser seemed intoxicated and was rude. At this time in 2016, my home had $30,000 in quality home improvements. The reverse mortgage property appraiser said my then 19 year old home increased in value $1,000 a year for 19 years or $19,000 in increased value from its $110,000 build cost. He said my home was worth only $129,000. No. It had increased in value more than $6,000 a year for 19 years. I am surrounded by homes appraised at $250,000-$400,000, and increasing in value each month. My home also includes a share of the two additional common grounds all of us additionally paid for after our homes were built. Now my home is increasing in value $10,000 plus a year now that all of the homes are built in my development.

On the computer, the reverse mortgage property appraiser compared my home to three foreclosure, abandoned homes in my development. None of these homes were my floor plan. These homes are far different than my home. These three foreclosure, abandoned homes sold for half their appraised value due to their bad conditions. Each of these foreclosure, abandoned homes need substantial remodeling equivalent to their sale price. The reverse mortgage property appraiser may have wandered over to my neighbor's home instead of continuing to examine mine. That could be why my home was down as two bedrooms instead of three bedrooms, and a two car garage, instead of a three car garage, with the square footage way off.

I could only get $67,596 in equity cash in two years. That's sad. Ocwen has been outstanding in every way. Everyone on the phone has been superior and very nice. I highly recommend Liberty Home Equity Solutions aka Ocwen. They are the very best. I will get this tremendous reverse mortgage debt paid off: a little more than 2 1/2 times the principal is owed. That is like lending out $10.00 and expecting to get paid back $25.00. That is like a really bad pawn shop loan. Fortunately, my home equity is far greater than this horrible debt. I was hoping to get more than $67,596 in equity cash but maybe it is just as well!!!

A reverse mortgage seemed like the better thing to do for me and, for this, I went with Liberty Home Equity Solutions. The loan officers were good. Everyone was courteous, helpful, and responsive. I received good guidance in making my decisions.

I didn't want to be put in the position of having to pay something back, at least not while I'm alive, so I went for a reverse mortgage. I chose Liberty Home Equity for the added terms. Their loan officer was professional, pleasant to deal with, and answered all my questions. I was told all the options, what it entailed, and what was gonna happen afterward and I was really informed. The process was a little bit easy and it was a good and pleasant experience overall.

My sister had done a reverse mortgage with Liberty so when I was looking to find out about reverse mortgages, I called them. The loan rep, Jenna, was quite pleasant. She understood every question I asked and we got along really well. They answered all my questions and made sure that I understood everything. They treated me with respect. I had talked to some other people that sounded like they were trying to sell me a used car, but Jenna was so much better. She knew some of the questions before I even asked them and it made the process so much easier. She did not let me panic over anything.

We don't have enough to pay off all of the bills that I wanted to pay off, but by not having a payment right now through a reverse mortgage, I can go ahead and concentrate on getting the other bills taken care of. And then I personally will give payment on the house. I would like to leave the house to my children, but at the same time, we weren't in a really good position as far as too much credit card debt is concerned and a few other things here.

Gary stayed on top of things. He was extremely prompt. He called me, discussed, and facilitated the reverse mortgage with me, and emailed me and then it went over to another girl, Katie, who did the paperwork. At this point, it's been a good decision. We really haven't had it very long but it definitely has helped to get some of those bills taken care of and to do some of the things that we needed to do. So, I'm feeling good about it. I would like to have gotten the process over and done with a little faster but they worked very well with us and I think loans, in general, are just more time-consuming than you think it's going to be. Liberty Home overall has been good.

I had a possibility of using a home equity loan. I had that for 10 years for emergencies although I never used it. My house is all cash sitting there, so I decided that I might as well take some money out it rather than spending my savings. I found Liberty Home Equity Solutions on the internet and it popped up under reverse mortgages. Since, their agent was nearby, I went with them. But it was a fairly complicated process, which was unavoidable since that's the way the national laws are. That dissuades a lot of people from getting into it, though. It's relatively straightforward but there's so much stuff to look through. Having set up the equity loan before, you go through a whole bunch of stuff such as the appraisals. Also, there are so many rules and regulations from the HUD. The guidance from Liberty was very good, but it would be nice if the process was simpler. Although I still recommended Liberty Home Equity Solutions to my friends.

My realtor friend suggested I get a reverse mortgage so he went to the bank with me and I had a couple of choices but I chose Liberty as they sounded more friendly. I had a consultation and then we went through the one who appraised my house. It took about an hour and a half to sign all the paperwork but we got through that. I talked with two different people, one was Jim and the other one was James, and I give them a call if I had any questions. Their guidance has been fine and they were very professional. I looked into a reverse mortgage on my house that I lived in for 40 years since it pays my house insurance and my property taxes.

We like the ability to use our house again to do whatever we needed or to have the extra money so we got a reverse mortgage. I had gone to different websites, but Liberty was the first one I called. The different individuals we went through all knew what they were talking about, but I liked Greg better. He sounded more mature and gave the impression he's been in the business for a long time. Our second contact, Katie, was very helpful too and kept us up to date on everything. Our experience with Liberty was something that was useful to us, although it may not work for everybody. There were some hiccups along the line, but all in all, it worked out well for us and we were very happy with the outcome.

Resolution In Progress

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Jean, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will use it to improve our customer service.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

Jim, the guy I initially worked with at Liberty, was absolutely wonderful. I could not have asked for anyone to be any better. However, Felicia, the other rep, had attitude problems. I'm 77 years old so sometimes things are not exactly clear to me. And if I called and asked her, I got, "I told you," which I did not like. If she said "If we previously discussed" I would have been fine. It's not leaving a good impression on Liberty because she's the one you deal with the most. That's when I started dealing back with Jim and I had absolutely no problems. He is an asset to the company.

I had a wonderful experience with Liberty. I got a reverse mortgage, which was an interesting alternative over other mortgage products. Liberty offered great guidance and their loan reps have been pleasant. They explained everything thoroughly and the rep, Gary, answered any questions that I had.

I specifically chose reverse mortgage because of my age and I know that the economy in Colorado is booming. So I realized that my taxes would wind up increasing and I'm retired. I worked with two people. Katherine came to visit me and we talked. Both were very trustworthy, made me feel comfortable, and worked with me on whatever I needed. They did everything they could to accommodate me even by having someone come with the paperwork to where I was staying, so I can sign it and be timely with my reverse mortgage. I had an excellent experience with Liberty Home Equity Solutions.

The lady rep that I talked to at Liberty was great. She was really friendly, explained things well and I liked her. I've had a good experience with them. I recommend them.

A relative of ours had been through the reverse mortgage process and gave us the information about Liberty, so I called Liberty. All of our funds are tied up in our home and we could have gotten a home equity loan but we really didn't wanna have to pay it back now, we wanted to wait until we sold the house. And a reverse mortgage was a perfect solution to give us additional income every month. We had gotten a quote from Jim in California and based on that quote we decided to go ahead. So we did an application, he sent us everything and we filled it out and sent it back. Then we were scheduled for an appraisal.

The only glitch we had was during our appraisal, we had a bathroom that was being renovated and we were doing it ourselves. It was right over Christmas and that's why there was a delay in getting it finished. So when the appraiser came, he took a photo of it in its unfinished state. Then when Liberty got the appraisal they said, "We had to have the appraiser come back." The appraiser didn't wanna come back so they wanted to have the new appraiser come. I said I don't really wanna pay for a new appraiser since I already paid $650 for the appraisal that we had. I asked if there was any other way that we can do this and that I could send them photos now that the work is finished, which I did. They said it's fine but they need to make sure it works. And I had to get the plumber to give me a statement that it was completed and that it all worked.

After I got that done they said I didn't have to have a new appraisal. That helped things out for about a week and a half. I was happy that in the long run, they decided there was another alternative. But that was the only thing that caused us any delay or difficulty. Other than that, I would recommend them. It was a very good experience. However, there was a lot of paper because of the requirements and I wonder if that could be reduced a little bit.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Company Profile