toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I wanted to get out of credit card debt, so I went with Liberty. The woman who came and talked to me knew a lot and she really helped me through it. She was also friendly and able to answer my questions.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

We appreciate your feedback, Rebecca! We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

I took a class and Liberty explained everything very thoroughly. I had a lot of questions 'cause I didn't know a lot about it. They provided some information that I asked for after everything was completed and were very thorough.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, Peter! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Liberty Mortgage made the Reverse Mortgage experience both educational and understandable. Always quick to respond to my questions at each step throughout the process, and then following through showing me at each step exactly what they promised.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Geraldine, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

I got a phone call from Bharat and he discussed about Liberty with me. He did a good job telling me the ins and outs about their home equity solutions and I really thought that that would be something that could help me out of my home situation. They really helped me a lot, everything went smooth, and it didn't take that long. I was able to get in contact with all the people I need to be in contact with. Yvette and Bharat called and kept up with me. I could call them anytime like if something came up that I didn't understand. The DebtHelper people also really helped me and were very kind. It was really a good experience for me.

Now I'm in the process of doing some repairs around my house. I've been calling some contractors because I wanna get it painted and I have a little wood issue that I need to have repaired. I had a little garden in front of my house and I was able to get somebody to come out and repair that. Everything is running along good. Looks like Christmas is gonna be good in my house.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Terry, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2016

Liberty's loan administrator was great, bubbly and happy all the time. She called me when she really didn't even need to have to call me. Everything was pretty prompt and on a timely manner. However, I got this thing from PRC, I don't know if they were the underwriters and I was under the understanding that Liberty was going to hold the loan.

I'd already started some paperwork with AAG and didn't like the person that I was working with. He was very snooty, snotty, blunt and bland. He has no people personality. I brought up some situations and he acted like I was a dummy and I didn't like that. I've never gone through this so I had a lot of questions for him. They probably offered as much or more than Liberty did but weren't as cordial and polite. They seemed like they wanted a little more information on some things than I was willing to give. I just didn't like that person and I told him so on the phone.

Then, I worked with another person with Liberty and she was great. She did a lot of the paperwork and I can tell that she's very into her job. Since I had a lot of the paperwork already done through AAG, this made it a little easier for them and they picked up on it. They did everything on a timely manner and were very professional and personable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Equity Solutions?

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, James! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

My sister and my next door neighbor used Liberty. They were really happy with it so I started thinking about it also. All I ever wanted was to have no house payment but I had a lot of equity in my home and I was concerned about losing all that. After really looking into it and talking to people, I was pretty much convinced that that really wasn't the way it was. So I felt pretty confident about getting a reverse mortgage. Everything went smooth with Liberty and I was real happy with everything.

The Liberty Home Equity representative who came to our house was excellent and his service was outstanding. He brought his own mortgage closure which was seamless and excellent. Their sales process was more than smooth. It's better than getting a mortgage. Like all other people, we have our doubts, but once we got done talking with him, we were pretty well sold that this was a legitimate deal. And it’s good for us because we’re 69 and we don’t intend on owning a house. They’ve done a great job.

I decided a reverse mortgage would be good because my credit was not good. I had no job and I only had my social security, so refinancing was out. We had to move fast ‘cause I didn’t want to lose the house or get behind. The rep of Liberty was very good about it. He got everything done very quickly and we flipped it to a reverse mortgage in time that I didn’t have any problems. They provided me with a lot of counselling and they were very nice and were always available by phone.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, Joyce! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I have a daughter who is in real estate and she helped us decide to go with Liberty. The loan officer was not as knowledgeable as he should have been. I'm not unhappy that I did what I did, but I probably should've looked around more and had a better interest rate. I didn't think their overall organization was as good as you would expect.

Working with Liberty has been very good. The lady we worked with was very experienced. She would help us even on weekends.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Maria, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: July 22, 2016

Our daughter who helps us with our business was concerned about our future, so recommend Liberty to us. We went to talk to them and we were very pleased. Working with the loan officer was very pleasant. My husband, my daughter, and I were very well received, and we understood exactly what we were going to do. The guidance was very good! Plus, the owner of the company was a very agreeable and kind person - we really like and trust him. He was the one that was explaining to us what we were going to do, so he was very important in our decision. Liberty saw our situation and offered us what we needed and we got it, so we're very satisfied.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Thank you, James! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service that you needed.

Original review: July 18, 2016

I needed money so I did a reverse mortgage with Liberty Home Equity Solutions. The people that helped me were very nice about it. They answered all the questions that I had and they were very good with discussing options with me.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Dean, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: July 16, 2016

The rep from Liberty was the second person I sat down with and I was satisfied about understanding everything. We discussed different options and everything’s good. I have no problem with anything. I’d recommend Liberty to a friend.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Karen, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: July 12, 2016

A friend of mine recommended Liberty Home Equity Solutions and introduced me to Bob, one of their loan officers. He was great and on top of everything. He answered all my questions and was genuinely caring and very helpful. Liberty gave me a ton of information, and they were very thorough. It was a great experience. It went very well, and in fact, of all the loans and refinancing I've done, it was one of the best.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Great feedback, Terry! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: July 3, 2016

I felt better and more comfortable doing a reverse mortgage. I did some searching and went with a company, and then compared them to Liberty. Liberty by far was the best. They worked with me a lot better than the other one. I trust Liberty. Their rep answered all my questions. I slept on it since I wanted to make the right move, and then, I got back with them. The rep was very patient. She stayed with me and reassured everything was going to be fine, which turned out that way. It's a simple process, but the other company I went through didn’t follow up and made comments that didn’t sound right. Liberty was true blue all the way. Their follow-up was within hours, they kept me informed all the way through it, and I'm very happy.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Jerome, Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working with Liberty! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

We're at the right age for a reverse mortgage to be able to stay in our home and Liberty had a salesman who came out to the house. The loan officer was very helpful but the process was absurdly prolonged. There was one hurdle after another hurdle and it went on and on and on for a year and a half. It wasn't the loan officer's fault but the other people who were above him kept drawing up obstacle after obstacle and were saying they gotta have this and that. The most irritating one was at the very end when we were all done but all of a sudden they have to have a picture of our perfectly working swimming pool. It was in December and it cost me $500 to do that.

It took a long time and seemed absurd because they said the swimming pool was worth nothing in the valuation of the property. I suspect they were afraid that the swimming pool would be a liability. Finally, the very end was good when they offered swift transfer of cash and I haven't dealt with them after that.

We had an article about reverse mortgages in a senior association AMAC that I looked at and they had some recommendations where Liberty was one. I wound up talking to three different companies and went with Liberty because I like the experience, the people I talked to seemed knowledgeable than some of the others, and they were offering lower fees on themselves. They started by asking the obvious questions of what I was looking for, what's my equity, do I have an existing mortgage, ages, and the basic eligibility type questions, and then they sent me a very big package of information about reverse mortgages. There were some initial forms I filled out to give more detailed information so they could give me an accurate quote. They went through the whole process step by step in a very logical and easy to understand way.

The loan officer went out of his way to make sure things were going smoothly and he came to visit us at the house to look at things and discuss all the various aspects. Then when it came time for closing where it was done through the title company, he also showed up to answer any questions and make it go smoother with the signing of the final documents with the title company. He was extremely helpful. It's been a pleasant and easy experience.

I would recommend Liberty Home Equity Solutions but with reservations since our reverse mortgage took longer than expected, but Karen worked diligently to do what needed to be done in a timely manner. She was very good and I appreciate her a lot. The problem was somebody on a desk somewhere didn't process paperwork in a timely manner, and if it had not been for Karen, who put an extraordinary effort, we probably wouldn't have gotten it completed on the timeline that was necessary for us.

My wife and I are both retired and we built a new house on land that we have owned for a long time, and we paid cash for the house as it was being built. We needed to get into our IRA to finish paying the house to the tune of about $90,000. With our IRA, we had 60 days to put monies back that we take out or we have to pay taxes on it. We did not intend to pay taxes, and we did not intend to get into it, but we did stuff we wanted to do, so we did have to get into it and everybody understood that there was a timeline so I wouldn't have to pay taxes on the $90,000 we had taken out of an IRA. Karen worked herself silly in making sure that happened and got the money back in. So, I do not have a $30,000 tax bill this April. Part of it was Liberty's work with us was top-notch, but part of it was frustrating since it took longer, but everything worked out in the end.

My realtor provided me with the name Jim of Liberty and also had others if I was not happy with him. I started out with Liberty figuring that I would finish with them and we went step by step. Things like this drag out when one gets anxious but I'm dealing with refinancing my home basically, and so it was done in a reasonable amount of time. It wasn't great, but it was a fine experience and they did everything they said in a fairly timely manner. I would recommend them to someone.

I'm older and I don't want to have to pay out every month, so for convenience, I looked into a reverse mortgage. I went with Liberty, and my experience with them was fine. The person that I dealt with was very confident and nice. In fact, the people at Liberty were very professional and courteous.

My husband passed away a year ago, and with that, my income was cut in half. I still had over $100,000 mortgage on the house. And since I have no children, sisters or brothers, I figured why not have the house pay me instead of me paying for the house. I've made up my mind to do the reverse mortgage so when Liberty was recommended to me, I dealt with them directly. The rep that I talked to was so helpful and was always there for me when I had questions.

Getting a reverse mortgage seemed to make sense. I have all the equity in my home, and I decided I might as well make use of it. I liked Liberty's loan representative, Steve. He is a good guy and he is very personable. In fact, I chose Liberty because he seemed to know the most about reverse mortgages and he followed through on my questions. My experience with Liberty was fine. Everything went along as it was supposed to.

I had gone online to look into some reverse mortgages and then we received a call from Liberty. We had excellent communication and we were very satisfied. The requirement of a counseling through an outside agency was very important for us because we could actually ask questions and release some of the fear because we heard so much about reverse mortgages like they're gonna own the house and other different things. We were able to get answers that put us at ease for that.

The only thing that was difficult was it took three months to get it done. We live in a small town that was plotted in 1850 and so we had issues with the property lines as they appeared on the satellite and then getting a survey done. That kind of stuff was stressful and was more because of HUD and what they expected and Liberty doesn't have any recourse. The house has been sold multiple times over the years and there's never been an issue so why does HUD specifically need that. Still, I'd recommend Liberty.

I googled a bunch of places and Liberty Home Equity Solutions seemed to have what I was looking for. I talked with my loan officer and with some other people a few times and when I was ready to make a decision, my loan officer came to the house and filled out the papers with me. They then started trying to process it. When one aspect of my fraud insurance was all messed up for a year, the woman at Liberty was so patient and was so kind. The people at CEMA were impossible for me to figure out, but she took all the time that she needed to figure it out and get the right people at it. We conference called and it took forever but she kept at it. I will always be grateful to her. I am extremely satisfied with my experience with the company.

A reverse mortgage made sense for us after looking at everything. We should have never met with Liberty's rep but he's very expeditious. Also, there’s too much paperwork that at the final closing, there were 167 pages which no one that ever could read. In addition, we requested some money which should've taken two days to get it but it took us 2 weeks. We even requested an account number at the bank and they ended up mailing us a check. After we finally received the check, it still hadn’t cleared a week later. There was a problem with the second disbursement and they said that they didn’t have all the paperwork when closing even though we’d closed a month earlier.

My Liberty loan officer, David, was excellent and my experience with the company has been good so far. However, Liberty didn’t contact me that they sold the mortgage to someone else down in Florida. I got a mail from the company that stated they were the new owners of the mortgage. I hope everything’s the same with them as it was with Liberty.

I also keep getting bombarded me with letters from a company that's trying to sell me mortgage insurance. The letters state "final notice" and make it look like they are going to repossess the house if I don't do something. I called and told them to get me off their mailing list. Liberty must have contacted the company or they sold my information so the company can try to sell me $170,000 something worth of mortgage insurance. Somebody ought to look into it because somebody’s selling the information on people that supplying their mortgage through Liberty.

Due to my situation, reverse mortgage was the most desirable. I did a lot of research, but I called and talked to White in the office. After talking to him, I got a lot of information, was really impressed with him and the guidance was very excellent. Liberty did a great job, was very informative, explained everything and there weren't a lot of pressure to take the product. They left it up to me to make my mind, which I really appreciated. The people that I dealt with was very personable and realized my situation.

I went online, checked Liberty out in there and talked with Susan. And then, our financial advisor also had a reverse mortgage person that was doing a seminar that had a little talk on it and I went to visit with him. But I decided to go with Liberty instead because I felt more comfortable and it was a little cheaper. Their loan officer answered all my major questions and then the ones that I didn't think of. There's a lot of stuff to learn. So, it took a while to absorb it all. But she was patient and worked with me. So, it's enjoyable. The signing processes took long but it's like doing a loan. And the follow up was good. We made sure that the money coming in, and that there were no surprises with giving the check first and then the automatic deposit. Plus, if they wanted to change it, we can do that for a minimal sum. Working with Liberty relieved a lot of the worries that I was thinking about a reverse mortgage.

Liberty was fine and they did a good job. Their staff were very responsive, but there were always new things coming up at times that they needed and they hadn’t prepared us for in terms of information of various kinds. Some of that was around new construction. There were some wrinkles around new construction that they sort of stumbled around. Overall, the length of time was too long. It took us roughly 10 weeks to do it.

Resolution In Progress

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

Richard, Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working with Liberty! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

The first person I spoke to from Liberty was very good. She was assigned as my adviser. However, the people after her were not good. They kept giving me times when it would be finalized but it wasn’t. And I also had to resupply documents at least twice. We thought we’d provided everything and they kept asking for more. It just kept dragging on.

And the biggest issue I had with them was we pay our own taxes but they told us that we were delinquent in our taxes which made me a bit angry. I told them that we were up to date, and we had a January tax due but at that point it wasn’t January. So then we went in and paid the January tax early because they had charged us for three different tax installments. In Wayne county, we can pay our taxes in installments so most everybody does. So they were charging us extra money for that. And I had told them, “We’ve already paid these,” and I in fact provided documentation that we had paid them. Apparently, nobody was listening and it seemed to go bad after that. So I was not pleased with those people. It was frustrating and I wouldn't recommend them.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Company Profile