2. Reverse Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.42/5

Liberty Reverse Mortgage provides services to homeowners age 62 and older as a retirement planning solution and access to achieve short-term financial goals.

Our reverse mortgage solutions are useful in:

- Supplementing retirement income

- Paying off an existing mortgage

- Covering for medical expenses

- And helping with any other major costs!

Contact us today for a free rate comparison!

BOTTOM LINE

Liberty Reverse Mortgage offers two types of reverse mortgages to eligible homeowners: HECM loans and HECM for Purchase loans. Unlike most home equity loan providers, Liberty is a direct lender and available in 49 states.

PROS

• No monthly mortgage payments
  • Free online resources for partners
  • Liberty Iron Clad Guarantee

CONS

• Rigid eligibility requirements

Top Liberty Reverse Mortgage Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Reverse Mortgage?

The entire process took no more than six weeks... They were awesome people to work with. Everybody was really on-the-ball. They were very right on target with everything and there was no hesitation about anything. It was just an absolute joy to work with them…

Everything was good with the application process. However it took a while… But the service was really good. Everybody was on time and they kept me informed. It was also pretty easy to get a hold of them because when I either emailed or called, they called me back.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage Call Now Toll Free (866) 268-5369 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Liberty Reverse Mortgage

Liberty Reverse Mortgage is a member of the National Reverse Mortgage Lenders Association and one of the biggest and most experienced home equity conversion mortgage (HECM) providers in the United States offering conforming and jumbo loan products. Liberty’s jumbo reverse mortgages, also known as propriety reverse mortgages, are available for amounts higher than the typical HECM limit.

Dedicated and licensed loan professionals help deliver fast, efficient funding in 49 states. Liberty Reverse Mortgage’s options have flexible terms and competitive pricing, plus the company doesn’t charge upfront fees — they bundle processing and loan fees into the loan. Qualified borrowers are not required to make monthly mortgage payments, but they must pay property taxes and homeowners insurance, as well as maintain their home.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage products

Liberty Reverse Mortgage only provides HECM loans and HECM for Purchase loans. Both types are reverse mortgage loans insured with the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and are available to people 62 years or older.

• HECM loan: An HECM loan from Liberty can be used to pay off existing debts and supplement retirement savings to enhance retirement lifestyle. Like HECM loans from other providers, applicants meet basic requirements, like HUD financial eligibility criteria.
  • HECM for Purchase loan: Liberty offers HECM for Purchase loans for single-family homes, FHA-approved condominiums and manufactured home that meet FHA guidelines. Note that the seller must finish all major home repairs before the loan can close.

How does Liberty Reverse Mortgage work?

The Liberty HECM or HECM for Purchase loan application processes may take 30 to 45 days. Liberty Reverse Mortgage loan amounts are based on the appraised value of the home and are subject to the FHA and Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) limits.

Step 1. Complete a Liberty Reverse Mortgage application
The official application allows Liberty to begin the application process. The company does not charge application fees, and the application can be canceled anytime before closing.
Step 2. Attend mandatory reverse mortgage counseling
If you’re applying for any HECM loans, you’re required to attend a reverse mortgage counseling session with a HUD-approved counseling agency. As proof you have completed the counseling session, you’ll need to submit a signed HECM Counseling Certificate to Liberty Reverse Mortgage.
Step 3. Get an appraisal
Your property will likely be re-appraised by an independent HUD-approved appraiser to determine the fair value of your property, even if you have a recent valuation of your property. Appraisal fees may be aggregated with the total mortgage amount.
Step 4. Wait for underwriting
Liberty Reverse Mortgage underwriters ensure all conditions are met and additional and missing items completed before establishing a final closing date. After meeting all the underwriting requirements, you and Liberty will then confirm the closing date.
Step 5. Sign Liberty Reverse Mortgage closing documents
On closing day, a Liberty Reverse Mortgage loan professional will request you sign the final closing documents in the presence of an attorney or notary. After signing the documents, you’ll be allowed a three-day rescission period within which you may cancel your application without penalty. If you don’t cancel, Liberty will issue a check or wire the applicable funds to your bank account. Keep in mind that the right to the three-day rescission period does not apply to HECM for Purchase loans.

Liberty reverse mortgage FAQ

Who qualifies for a reverse mortgage with Liberty?
Borrowers who are at least 62 years old and hold title to their home may be qualified for a reverse mortgage with Liberty. Applicants must also have sufficient equity in their home and meet financial eligibility requirements established by HUD.
What is the Liberty Iron Clad Guarantee?
The Liberty Iron Clad Guarantee is a commitment by Liberty to deliver exceptional customer service and value. Liberty promises fair and competitive pricing to all borrowers at all times, and if they can’t match a competitor’s offer, they will issue you a $100 Visa gift card. With the Liberty Iron Clad Guarantee, Liberty Reverse Mortgage commits to close your loan within 60 days. If they cannot fulfill this commitment, they will issue a $500 credit to your closing costs. This offer applies to borrowers who submit requirements on time. It is, however, not applicable for HECM for Purchase products, loan applications that do not meet FHA eligibility requirements, loan applications that are canceled before closing, HECM counseling costs and closing costs above $500.
How long does it take to close a Liberty reverse mortgage?
Liberty’s average processing time from start to finish is roughly 30 days but may take as long as 45 days. Processing time will depend on the circumstances of the loan, the speed of submission and requirements by the borrower.
What is the Liberty Reverse mortgage wholesale program?
With the expanding senior market, Liberty partners with wholesale lenders and brokers — from high-volume producers to one-person third-party originators. To help grow their businesses, Liberty provides them access to their products, marketing support and training at no cost.
How does Liberty calculate total loan amounts?
Liberty considers the type of reverse mortgage, age of the youngest borrower, current interest rates, the appraised value of your home, and FHA maximum lending limit or sale price when calculating total loan amounts. Liberty partners can access Liberty’s online Reverse Calculator, where the lowest rate and fee are automatically included.

Do we recommend Liberty Reverse Mortgage?

Liberty Reverse Mortgage could be a smart choice for qualified seniors who want to get rid of recurring mortgages or build cash buffers for unexpected expenses through a conforming or jumbo HECM or HECM for Purchase loan. A reverse mortgage is a big decision, but Liberty Reverse Mortgage has taken strides to extend exceptional service and value to its clients — for example, get $100 Visa Card Gift if they can’t match a competitor or a $500 credit to your closing costs through the Liberty Iron Clad Guarantee.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Reverse Mortgage?

Original review: June 25, 2020

I read about the reverse mortgage and it seemed to fit my needs really well. I’m really pleased with it. I had an existing reverse mortgage with Liberty that I took out about five years ago. My house has gone up in value, so I had more equity available plus the interest rates are down right now. So, I decided to refinance with Liberty because they’ve been fine for me, so far.

The application process was okay. They sent a lady out with all the forms, and we went through them, we signed them, and that part was fine. I thought the process took too long, though. From the time I started, it was at least four months before it finally closed. I would get an occasional call from someone at Liberty talking about how they’re working on it and how it’s going. He’d also ask for certain documentation. So, I complied with all of their requests immediately like the next day. But it got to a point where it seemed like nothing was happening. It was during the coronavirus thing as well. However, it seems to me that we were just dealing with paperwork.

I called them repeatedly and I was getting upset with the response I was getting. It was always, “Well, we’re working on it,” and, “You need to talk to so and so,” and there were four different names of different people. I’m not sure what their function was. But, eventually, they did things like, “We have to schedule an inspection.” I said, “Okay. Well, let’s do that.” So then, they sent me a list of people. They said, “Here. You have to do this.” I called the people on the list. I got somebody and that person responded fairly quickly. It was four days later. And after all of this, at the time, it sounded more like an excuse. We had to have this appraisal thing. It turned out that he did and is not exactly true. But according to those people, because of the coronavirus, he just did a drive by. It was 500 bucks, and the guy never even really examined the house.

Why it took four days for them to get the so-called inspection done is still a mystery to me. But it’s done. It’s all been signed, completed and sealed. I got my first monthly statement for a month and I did it as a line of credit, and it’s in there and available and I’m back to where I was, only with a larger mortgage and then more money available. I’m pleased with the outcome, but there was a while there when I was seriously thinking about contacting another lender because they acted like these guys weren’t really interested.

The terms of the reverse mortgage were pretty much what I expected. I had to go to some training with an outside company which costs me some more money. They talked about the different types of loans which are available and if this reverse mortgage is really right for you. The thing was I was an existing customer. So, making me go through a class to tell me what I already knew wasn’t necessary. Plus, it costs money. It wasn’t, “We will give you this free information to protect you.” It’s “You’re gonna pay this company who is gonna give you some information that you may or may not need.”

I’ve been with the company for at least five years, and I’ve always been really happy with them. I was just unhappy with the way they handled this transaction. It was like, "I’m trying to give you $10,000 to do some paperwork for me, and your guy gave me a fee of what’s going on. But overall, they’re a good company. They’ve handled my account just fine.

Get buying tips about Reverse Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

My husband and I had talked about doing a reverse mortgage for some time. Our house was paid off and we were struggling. My husband is in his late 70s and really wants to retire. We did some dumping through our life, got ourselves into some debt. So we got ourselves into trouble and we needed a way out of that little bind that we were in and might looking at him semi-retiring here pretty soon. Getting a reverse mortgage was a road for us to take. I went online and looked and went to a couple of websites. Liberty Home Equity Solutions was the only one that I filled out with my phone number and age and they called right back. A man by the name of Mike called and was very personable and was on the up and up.

We knew when going in that there was gonna be a lot of paperwork. I had initially talked to two people from Liberty, and then other people started to come into the picture. Then somebody else came into the picture. Then, the little lady that was going to be the notary came into the picture and then she left and I got a phone call from another man saying he was so and so from such and such. I did not like so many fingers in the pie because a red flag went up when a young man called me. He called and had a lot of information about us and I never heard from him. I didn't know who he was nor who the company was and I got a little freaked out.

People that are our age, all we have is our house and we don't wanna make a mistake when doing something like this. And that ran through our minds. I did place the call to a lady by the name of Yvette who was the person who was working with us along with Mike. Mike got out of the picture when she stepped in. In the meantime, I had called my husband and he ran the company at work and knew it was under the umbrella of Liberty. He said that I didn't have to worry. Then Yvette called and said, "No, you don't need to worry."

HUD requires that any outstanding money that's owed has to be paid. Liberty wanted to pay them before they'd release the funds. Well, we had already paid the house taxes in full, so we didn't have to worry about that. But Liberty wanted to pay the homeowners association and they wanted me to give them a figure so they could do the payout, which I wasn't comfortable with. Where we live, the association is persnickety and if you don't pay, they come after you. I didn't want anything to get crossed up with our homeowners' association 'cause we've never been late on the payment ever. So I told their rep that we had not received our booklets for 2020 and I couldn't give them a figure. The rep said that they can get figures from last year and use them, but I said that it wouldn't be accurate and there would be other money owed.

Liberty held out $491 to pay for the association fees, which wouldn't have been enough but I didn't like that interference. I didn't want anybody else paying my bills. I was very uncomfortable with that. Liberty dragged their feet. It took a week to get ahold of somebody from Liberty and I left messages as to why I was calling. When I finally got ahold of somebody to talk to, it was like pulling teeth.

If somebody leaves you a message on your recorder, you call them back. Whether you have an answer for them or not, you call them back so they know that the message was received. That fell through the loops here with Liberty. I didn't get callbacks. I needed some answers and I wasn't getting them. They need to do some work on their communication skills. But once you got them on the phone, there were no problems talking to them

Finally, I just told my husband that I'd be paying the association fees as soon as the booklets come. I called our homeowners association to find out had they been paid but no, they hadn't. A day or two after I called the homeowners and found out that they hadn't been paid, I received all three of my booklets in the mail. I decided to call my homeowners that next day to find out had any money been given to them and they said nobody has paid any of them. I told them that I didn't want anybody else to pay it and I would bee sending them a check. I paid off three association fees and it was a done deal. We did get a refund from Liberty.

On the whole, Liberty did a good job. It's slews and slews of paperwork and trying to keep track of what you have to have. So anybody going into a reverse mortgage should be forewarned that this a drawn-out process. There's lots of paperwork, lots of stuff you have to get, bank statements and homeowners association statements and all of those kinds of things they need to have if you're going to do this. So if you're not into that, then this isn't for you.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

Thank you, Barbara! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

My son initiated everything for me. He looked for a good reverse mortgage company and Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.came highly recommended from what he could find on the internet. My house has been paid for and I have resisted doing reverse mortgage because I would lose ownership of my house. But I retired from work to take care of my elderly parents so they wouldn’t have to go into a nursing home. And so, I lived on social security while I took care of them in their own home, and it turned into a struggle. Going back to work at the age of 73 really didn't appeal to me that much. I worked since I was 15 years old, and so I didn't wanna go out and look for a job. I lived paycheck to paycheck because I hadn't had a really good quality of life. It was out the window while I was taking care of my family, and I don’t regret doing that. But I’m not gonna do that again. So, that reverse mortgage was just to supplement my income.

The application process was very easy and very simple. Michael, my loan officer, was excellent at explaining to me anything that I needed to know. I dealt with another gentleman, Richard, but Michael was the one that really took care of business for me. They were both great, but I dealt with Michael for the most part and even post-loan. The whole process from the time I started to the time I closed on it took three months. When I switched from Michael to Richard, there might’ve been an issue as far as the information transfer. What one understood to be the case, the other one didn't. So, we did a last-minute change on the paperwork the day of the closing, but that didn't stop the closing. Because it was so close to the end of the year and because they had my real estate taxes down as a lien for it, they were paying them. I talked to the Tulsa County and I didn’t know that they were paid on time because they closed my loan on the 26th.

So, that was a concern of mine because when I first paid my house off, it never occurred to me until a year later. And my brother said something about paying my parents’ property taxes. That was when I realized that I didn't have the house payment anymore, but I should’ve been squaring money away for property taxes. So, I was about 40 days late on it that year, paying and the mortgage company wanted to know why. And because I was dealing with my father’s death and I was clueless that I even owed anything, so that was the reason we worked that out.

Now that I’ve signed this and done this, would it show up as late payment again and I’m gonna look responsible for that? So, I did make several calls about that. Michael is the one that called me back about it and he was also going to check on it a week ago because I did call whoever was handling that. They said, “Ma’am, we don’t even have your loan yet.” And because they told me they were paying them, it’s like I got a raise. And so, I didn't have the money then on the 26th to go ahead and pay them.

That was just a little hassle, but they were bending over backwards to help me and I appreciated that very much. The closing time, it just fell that way. I don’t know that I would totally put that on Liberty because it was so close to the due date. Working with Liberty impacted my life very well. It has put me back into a position to not live paycheck to paycheck and that is priceless for me. Going through the little class that you needed to take for reverse mortgage, that was very easy. They made the application and closing very easy. Everyone came to me. So, if there were delays for the closing that pushed it so close to the end of the year, I would take more responsibility for the date than Liberty because they were really trying to get it taken care of as quickly as they could. I’m sure they wanted to close things out by the end of the year too. So, they made the process extremely easy easy for me.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response
    Great feedback, Charlotte! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re

happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I wanted to make money available. Also, we live in Arizona in a suburb of Phoenix and it gets hot in the summer. We're looking to establish a summer place up in Northwest Washington. I shopped around some and talked to some friends that had approached the same subject, and I picked Liberty. I have some money management experience but it was a little more difficult than I thought. It was the underwriting influence or involvement with it that made it difficult. I have a son who is an assistant director with USAA in the underwriting department. He is responsible for establishing underwriting standards and all of the IT work that goes along with that.

I can joke with some personal knowledge about what underwriting is and how they behave. An example is they asked for identification and they wanted to have both my wife and my driver's license along with the social security cards. I'm kind of a geeky guy, so I don't have any trouble. I can scan then attach them to the email. All that stuff is very easy for me to do. But an underwriting feedback on that request was that the signatures on my driver's license and social security card did not match. When I explained why, they went, "Oops. Uh."

I'm 75 years old. The driver's license signature was done a year or more or so ago so that we could upgrade it to the standards for airline travel with the little gold star up in the corner. It has a brand-new signature on it. On the other hand, I signed my social security card when I was 12 years old. Whose signature is gonna match between 12 and 74?

There were a couple of other things that came from underwriting that just delayed things. I would submit whatever was requested and the underwriting looks at it, how many ever days it takes for them to get to it and I understand. Everybody's got a workload and you can't respond to everything instantly. And it takes time to get back to the person who is doing the coordination who then gets back to me. Sometimes a week can go by and nothing is being accomplished until that gets answered.

Also, my wife and I have a revocable family trust. That's how we manage our estate. The trust was brand new and was created by qualified attorneys in a legal office in Arizona that specializes in that. But the underwriters objected that the trust that was submitted was not notarized, so it was not acceptable. These underwriters are in some place in Liberty's organization, but they are not in Arizona. Arizona does not require that a revocable family trust be notarized. There is no legal requirement for it here and that is where the property is. That's where we live and where all of our history is. The underwriting people were ignorant of the applicable law and it delayed the processing until we got that straightened out. I straightened that out by revoking it. Now, we don't have an issue with the trust. As soon as everything got done, I put it back in place. It was just a couple of other minor things but it took months to get this done.

I understand that a reverse mortgage has an entirely different set of rules on how it can be accomplished because of the law that allows it to start and to happen at all. But I did investment real estate for years and I have experience with mortgages. Also, there's my son's involvement with that kind of thing on a national basis. The positive parts with Liberty, though, were the two people who coordinated this out of Liberty's office in a suburb of Sacramento. They were fabulous in regard to their personality. Once we needed to talk, either exchange emails or talk on the phone, the service and their response were very good. But, with the underwriting thing, their hands were tied.

Another thing is, I'm really in touch with everything that I do. The requirements for the counseling was fabulous. I couldn't endorse that part of the process more, only because I have friends who aren't in touch with reality and I have seen things where, "Well, mom and dad, they got a few hundred thousand dollars in equity in the house and we're the kids and let's see if we can't do something to get the money." And the parents don't understand that the kids are gonna rip them off. That's absolutely the reason for the counseling. I couldn't support that aspect of it before. That happened very quickly and the person who did that was truly a professional and I understand that they go through training and they have to behave and perform at certain really tough standards.

I also haven't yet received all of the documentation that I thought I should, particularly, something that I'm gonna call an account statement and a contact method. I understand the rules that there are only a certain portion of the reverse mortgage that are available the first year. We did make a draw on that because we had some needs for it. But the balance of it is due in the second year and that remains in the credit line. It stays there and earns somewhat of a return like a savings account. I feel like I don't have all the documentation that's official that explains all of that.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

Thank you, Jeffery! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I was on Facebook and I was in a mild panic when I was realizing that if I didn’t do something really quick, I was gonna be getting to be very good friends with my car very shortly. I couldn’t take and pack everything I own in my car with that. I just got done sending a message to my stepdaughter and I was scrolling down Facebook. I saw this blurb on there that I had seen several times before about how, especially seniors, were able to take and get this and this, all because of doing a reverse mortgage and essentially getting rid of their mortgage payment.

I clicked on the “Click here to learn more information” button and I read about it. I said I was gonna go ahead. I don’t have anything to lose essentially. It had one of these short questionnaires to fill out. I filled it out and clicked "send". I did this about 8 o’clock in the morning, Mountain Time. Within about 10, 15 seconds, I got a call from Randy from Liberty Equity out in Sacramento, California. I kinda chuckled when I answered the phone and I don’t even know why I answered it because usually when I get these type of phone calls, I just look at it and if it’s not a number I recognize, I essentially, in my mind, tell them to go get bent and just not even answer it.

But I did answer it and we talked. I told Randy what my situation was and that my credit was lousy. In 2006, 2007 my late wife and I had lost our house because we got caught up in that mortgage fiasco. I told him that I didn't trust mortgage companies at all any further than I can throw them upwind in a hurricane. Also, I inherited a house when my dad passed away in 2018. I've been living there since 2008. I checked with that mortgage company that held the mortgage about a reverse mortgage or a refinance. They said that because my name was not on the loan, I would not be able to do that kind of stuff unless I actually apply for the loan and so on. That was my understanding. I said that was not a problem and I went on my merry way with that.

But I didn’t have anything to lose and Randy asked for a little bit more information. I gave him the information that he was asking about and he told me that he was gonna talk to his underwriters and to give him a couple of hours. He said it was not gonna hurt so I said okay. Within two hours, he called me back and told me that the underwriters had said to go ahead. After picking myself up off the floor, I said, “Okay,” and that was what started it all. He called me back several times just to make sure I had gotten things that he said that I needed to do and the paperwork that he had. He was very supportive all the way.

Liberty couldn't have done anything better with the fact that everything was handled, they were very polite, they were very professional, they were very supportive, and they weren’t condemning of the fact that I had lost my house. In fact, they said that I wasn’t the only one. It was in 2019 when I was doing this and it was in 2006, 2007 that my wife and I lost the house. That shouldn’t really affect anything too much.

Basically, they made sure that I had what I needed. They gave me all the stepping blocks and stuff like that. They were right there the entire time. It wasn’t one of these things, “Don’t call me. I’ll call you.” Both Randy and Peggy were calling me all the time to make sure that I knew where things stood and that kind of stuff. They didn’t leave me hanging.

People should not be embarrassed about it if they find themselves in a situation like I did. They should not hesitate in taking and seeking out a reverse mortgage. If for nothing else, they can help and get rid of a doggone mortgage payment that was bothering them. My mom and my dad went through a reverse mortgage years ago. My dad kinda chuckled when he said they were taking and spending his kids’ inheritance. But they have lived in a house for something like 35, 40 years and they were getting up there at that age.

My dad didn’t want something to happen to him and have mom be left with a mortgage payment right off the bat. He said he’s not gonna totally erase it for mom. But if something were to happen to him, it would give everybody enough time to get mom settled in someplace then put the house up for sale, so that it wouldn’t have to be something where we’re scrambling around right away to get it taken care of.

That’s when mom and the rest of us found out that when dad took out and refinanced the house a number of years ago, he did it without having the extra cost of having death insurance, to where when he died, that the house would be totally paid off. He said he couldn’t afford to take and have that extra cost on the monthly mortgage with that. It wasn’t totally something alien to me because having seen my dad go through it.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

Thank you, Larry! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I asked Liberty some questions online. Somebody called me and he started talking to me. With Liberty, they would pay the closing cost. The application process was pretty easy. That, along with the underwriting, took two months. Working with Liberty was very good. They answered all my questions and they let me call them any time. But I wish the interest rate was less. My back was kind of against the wall though and I was running out of money. I'm a widow and needed to live in my house. I got what I got. I was only stressed because I had to make a decision.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response
    Great feedback, Cherly! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re

happy with your experience working with Liberty.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I always said my house would be my retirement. I'm on social security and I thought doing a reverse mortgage would help so I did that with Liberty. Brian was my rep and he was really good and very helpful. If I needed any information and didn’t understand, he would explain it to me. It was just that the underwriters kept needing more information. Every time I turned around, it seems like they needed something else. Something was always popping up. But I thought they already had it because I just did a reverse.

When I did the reverse, it was with another company. They sold it and Liberty ended up with it. When I refinanced, it was because of the lower interest rates. But it was like the process took forever and ever. Other than that, it was okay because I wasn’t in any hurry. I could see their point. They wanted to make sure and they wanted to have everything right. I also understand what the rates and terms are. I would probably go with Liberty again.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

Joyce, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Liberty! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Liberty's process was pretty simple although it took a couple of months. Their customer service did pretty well. They were helpful along the way and they told me things that I needed to know.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

John, Thank you for taking the time to share your Liberty experience with others. We’re happy that you enjoyed working with us!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

A reverse mortgage gave me a little more financial help as far as the house payment and some extra funds that I wouldn't have had. I inquired online and a lady from Liberty called and sent me the information. I went over everything and I checked a couple of other places. I decided to go with Liberty and I've had it for a month and a half.

The loan officer took care of processing it. Up till the point with him, everything went fine and I had a few issues. When my calls would not be returned, I called some other people. Eventually, I got it worked out. Several of the women I worked with were very helpful. One lady took over to finish processing the loan and she was extremely helpful. The lady that I originally talked to was very helpful too. My only complaint was that the process took a lot longer than I thought it would. I wasn't unhappy with Liberty though. Everything went okay. It helped me considerably. The rates and terms could've been better but it is what it is.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response

Thank you, Carl! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I am satisfied with Liberty's service. I appreciate the people I dealt with during the process. The loan officer, Christine, is very good to deal with. She talks to me clearly and candidly. I'm happy that we got a good deal, too. It saves me money.

Liberty Reverse Mortgage response
    Great feedback, Isabelo! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re

Liberty Reverse Mortgage Company Information