Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.
toll free
Call now for more information

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I belong to a group almost like AARP and I learned about Liberty through the Association of Mature American Citizens. My wife and I looked at one other company and we had been thinking a couple of years ago of doing it. But the group that I belonged to had Liberty as one of their sponsors. We also looked online about all the reports for Liberty and they seemed pretty good. We took a reverse mortgage because of the no payment per month. We also figured it was like borrowing from our bank and the interest rate was pretty decent. We also wanted to finance a motor home to do some more traveling and we figured we'd have to pay monthly on the mortgage for the motor home plus the interest was a little bit high. So we figured we'd use our own money.

Anytime we needed anything or had a question, Liberty's reps seemed like they were always available. I'm pretty sure they were in California and we're in New York State but every time we needed them, we could call and they would answer and help us out. We also sat down and talked with our adviser in there from Liberty. We had a conference where we told him what we wanted to do, what we were thinking of and why we were doing it. He gave us other options and discussed other things but eventually we chose what we've done. It was a long drawn out process which took at least 60 days. If somehow, they could shorten it, it would seem better for their customers because the closing took quite a while. There were a few hitches along the way but not a lot. It just seemed very time consuming for the underwriters and everybody to get together.

Back in 2014, I did a reverse mortgage. I went in to take the class to be informed about it where they wrote down two names for me to call if I wanted to and I called one which was Cambridge Mortgage. I went through them because WCC and all the radio stations I listened to talked about Cambridge all the time. It's also a local and really good company. Then they sold the reverse mortgage to Liberty. And last year, I started getting offers telling me to refinance since the value of my property has gone up. One day I got a phone call when I was going to start calling some of the offers. It was Gary from Liberty and since I was already with them and I liked him, I stayed with them.

I'm retired and have a low income. I also had roof repairs and major things I needed done that I could not afford. Plus I had to continue making house payments which I couldn't afford either, so I did the refinance. I dealt with three different people from Liberty. Gary started it out then he turned it over to another gal and she turned it over to someone else.

Everyone was very nice but I found it a little disturbing that when we were ready to close on it, there was a problem with my low income versus my credit card debt. They wanted me to pay off the account I had for for my dental and med bills, and close it. But there was no way I was going to do it because it's the account that I get interest free if I pay it off. They did work it out so that it went through. But from the time we first started doing the refinance, I sent in all that information. They knew what I made and what I owed. All in all, our transaction went pretty good though. They seemed to know pretty much what was going on and handled things. They were courteous, too and it wasn't a bad experience.

Reverse mortgage was appropriate for our situation being semi-retired and 68 years old. We decided that we have good equity in that home but we're never going to pay it off entirely and we'll downsize before we pay it off anyway. We were referred to Liberty by er, there were a couple of other individuals who I engaged with on the phone. They were also helpful once the process was turnedour financial adviser in Denver, Colorado. I talked to one other reverse mortgage company and they were fine also but we decided to go with Liberty where the representative was very helpful and moved along very quickly with it. The loan officer educated us as to what the whole process and product were. We went through the counseling session over the phone which was required with the third party. The whole education process was good. After we went through the process with the loan offic over to them.

I chose to go with a reverse mortgage since I’m retired and I didn’t want to have to make a payment. I put in a request at Liberty really quick, then somebody called me. Things ran smoothly after that. The loan officer that I talked to was very professional and our interaction went well. They weren't pushy or partial. It was a professional and timely experience overall.

My father is 92 and on a fixed income. The first reverse mortgage that he and my mother had was used to pay for all her medical bills, so he was worried that he wasn’t going to have enough money in case something happened to him if he got sick. He got a reverse mortgage with Liberty and everybody there seemed very nice and friendly. My father forgot to find some papers and when the message got to me, it was not a complete message from the people in California, so I called the woman in Texas and asked for her help. She gave me the name of the person to call in California and really helpful. But when the notary came out, I found out the pay-out was going to be in monthly installments and he was under the impression that it was going to be a one month sum.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Equity Solutions?

We wanted to be able to get money but we didn't want to take a loan out then have to pay it back because we might not use that much. So a couple of years ago, we thought about doing a reverse mortgage and we dealt with a gentleman from Liberty Home Equity Solutions. They were right in the ballpark price with most of the companies and we were pleased with them, but we didn't push through with the reverse mortgage at the time.

Then we decided to go back and get it done. We got the same gentleman that helped us the first time and he was very good. He came out to our home, went through everything and was able to answer questions at any time. Once we started the processing phase, they kept in contact with us and the loan officer even came on the signing. We gave them what they asked for and they didn't come back every day or two asking us for more. They got the mortgage done in the timeframe they said they would be getting it done and everything went well. We'd recommend Liberty to anybody.

I learned about Liberty through my former company and the reverse mortgage appeared to suit my needs. Things went well with the loan officer with the way the steps and the advantage it would be to me were explained. Overall, it was an effective and helpful experience with Liberty.

We have done a home equity loan already plus I want to try to keep my mother in the house and the reverse mortgage was the best way to do it at that point. The loan officer came to the house and that's good. With that home equity loan, anything I did would come out of a checking account. When PNC went to collect the payment, there wasn’t any money in the checking account, so we ended up with a late charge. We got that resolved, but it was a mess because there was a problem with the coordination between the pay-off amount. After Liberty paid off the PNC home equity loan, there was still a balance left on it and I had to pay the balance. But the agents that were involved were very cooperative, very helpful and I had a pretty good idea about what I was doing.

I went online and saw a few different companies advertising and chose reverse mortgage because I don't have to make payments or anything on it this year, tax-free. I contacted other reverse mortgage providers but they did not really respond that well. But when I talked to Liberty, they were very friendly and called me every time. They were available for any questions or anything that I needed and answered everything for me right out. My dealing with their loan officer was fantastic. I had a very good experience with Liberty Home.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions was the third company I decided on. The first one that I talked to I never got off of first base. The guy who called me ticked me off over the phone before I even got to know the company. I was also dealing with another company but I got discouraged with them because of some of the things that they told me one time and then told me something different. I then got in touch with Liberty and I was more than satisfied with the way things were handled. What they told me they were going to do, they did it. I wanted to stay in the house that I'm in and I needed financial help to keep it up and keep going so I got a reverse mortgage.

The loan officer was very helpful, went through the process in detail, explained to me exactly how things were going to go and what was expected of me. Then we discussed what I expected of them. We came to a mutual agreement, and everything went smooth. It took a little longer than I thought but some of the problems weren't theirs, it was mine. Nevertheless, everything worked out in the end and I've recommended them to others.

I had come to the end of a long-term paying nothing but interest. When I had first gotten hitched up with Ocwen 15 years ago now, Liberty Home was in one of Ocwen’s communications. The information that they sent was all very positive and easy to follow so I made the phone call and worked with them. Everything was great including the other ancillary people I had to deal with as part of the process. I saw a well put together package of things to do. I told the gentleman that I had dealt with most that I was going to put him in my address book and call him every now and again and talk to him. What was nice about him is he had worked in Cleveland upon a time so it was like dealing with somebody who knew where I came from. My experience was a very positive thing, all the way around.

I had put a lot of pension to my house and needed to get some of it out so I called Liberty. I am glad that they have responded more quickly and with more information. The loan officer that I spoke with was very understanding and pleasant. He explained things to me thoroughly. Although I was not happy with the speed with which was the transaction closed. It seemed to take longer than it should. It took three months and there were reasons. It might not have been quoted three months. It would seem to me that they would do one thing then the next day, do something else. But it's done and I have my money. They also did not do very well at explaining about having my escrow accounts. They told me that we were going to escrow funds for paying my taxes and insurances, but that was all.

The company that I talked to first was Lending Tree. I started off with them, but the rep wasn’t explaining too much to me, which turned me off. That’s when I began my Google search and found Liberty. I'm 62 June of 2017 and when I found out that that’s a qualification, I started and I was right on the mark. I spoke with Jim and he was wonderful. He answered all my questions and put me at ease. I live in a condominium, so they had to deal with the management company. There were a couple of hiccups, but it had nothing to do with Liberty. Now I can do things with the money I would have sent out to Chase for my mortgage payment every month. I don’t have to send that anymore and that stays in my account. I don’t have any money worries now because of Liberty. They were very professional and I'm happy I did this. I'd tell my friends that Liberty would do a superior job.

I started off with AIG and talked to a guy four times but I couldn't get him to give me the information I wanted, so I just gave up on him and went to the internet and found Liberty. Their loan officer was excellent and the guidance I received from Liberty in making my reverse mortgage decision was excellent as well. All of them were very helpful, informative, answered questions and very pleasing to work with.

Jim, who is a friend of mine, went through a reverse mortgage with Liberty Home Equity Solutions and he sent me the information. He had a fantastic experience with Katherine, the loan officer, and he highly recommended her. Katherine and I hit it off. It was like we've known each other for years and she was great. If I had a question, she had an answer. She also sent me everything. My experience with Liberty has been great and I'd recommend them.

Liberty's loan officer was magnificent and I like her. She's very friendly and knowledgeable. The experience was all good but it was disappointing that I thought we will get a little more cash on our hands because of the equity. It didn't turn out to be that way, but still, it was better than nothing. We had a referral from someone in Minnesota and she sounded good, too. But because of the relationship we developed with the loan officer of Liberty, I decided to stay with her. Although the lady from Minnesota had offered us more money.

We thought long and hard before we did a reverse mortgage because it's a big deal. We got a hold of Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.'s rep and he made it a good experience. I'm almost 80 years old and still working. I had some money saved and I need to work on my house. Their rep came down and explained to me how it worked and I'm not taking the chances anymore. They used to have a horrible reputation but he explained it in ways, more than once, that it was not scary when you work all your life. You're not losing it. He made three trips down here so he could sit down and explain and not talk on the phone all the time. He told me the things that he could do. It was all laid out good and in layman's term for everybody to understand what was going on. Also, he wasn't pushy at all. He did a good job and I was able to call him if we had any question. He took time to answer it and went in detail. So, I was really pleased with him.

I got my first loan from Liberty Home Equity Solutions so I naturally went to them when I refinanced my reverse mortgage. I know that Liberty would take good care of me and be honest and realistic. The processor was very nice, good, and accommodating. I was very satisfied with the care that I have received.

Liberty was great. They were really informative and helped me and my family understand the reverse mortgage more. We needed some money and we were guided where we could tap in to get money without selling the home. The loan provider was always there when I texted her. She would also get right back to me.

I decided to do a reverse mortgage because of my age partially and the way the cash figured out, and when I called Liberty, they’d listen. Peggy first contacted me and she was a liaison with Liberty. She was fantastic and the best. When I had problems with the loan officer, Peggy would get it straightened out right away. The loan officer just seemed so confused, although she was knowledgeable but that’s once you figured out what she was doing. It all worked out in the end. I hear and tell, and I got a few laughs out of it, so no harm, no foul. They were helpful and got the job done, and overall, it was a good experience. So many people are confused about reverse mortgages and I’ve told a couple of people my age that have a similar financial situation that this is the best thing I’ve ever done.

I don't want to go bankrupt, and this reverse mortgage with Liberty seemed like the only way I can get it. Christine’s my loan officer and she is great. I talked to other people, or my son talked to one and Liberty matched the offers from other companies. I just called last week and they emailed me the forms so I could take some money out of the account. The service is great. I am fully satisfied with the experience. You couldn't match it, couldn't beat it.

We wanted to free up some cash and we had a lot of equity in our home. And a reverse mortgage seemed like a good move. I looked online and I saw that Liberty was very close to our house. Our Liberty loan officer, Patrick **, was outstanding. He was very knowledgeable, patient, and went out of his way to accommodate us in every way he could. So it was a very positive experience. I would certainly recommend them.

My son started a reverse mortgage with Liberty for me and I'm very pleased with it. It was frustrating at first and I had to get so many things together. But I wanted to do that so if something happens to me, then they get their money back, and I don't have to make monthly payments. The officers were very nice and they gave me very good guidance. I was able to pay off credit cards and a lot of bills. It was very nice overall.

We want to remodel the bathroom and my husband needed a new truck. By the time we saved enough money to do it we’d be dead so we decided a reverse mortgage was right for us. Then I went on the computer and picked the one that had the best rating with the system or bureau. We chose Liberty just off the reviews and their loan officer was very professional and good. They called almost every day and we knew what was going on all the time. We also had to do counseling to make sure we understood what we were doing. So far, everything is good and I've told people about them.

Reverse mortgages have a lot of bad publicity and I looked into about 12 different companies that offered them on the internet. I talked to Liberty and to the number one company, which was AAA. The one who came out first from Liberty and made an appointment was Lori and she was a very good salesperson. She gave me all the information that I needed to make the decision. I would highly rate Liberty and the people that work for them. But the government had all these people come out, estimate on my house and pick a lot of stuff apart that was stupid. They caused me a lot of problems and nothing but headaches. But it was all done in spite of the estimator.

As an example, I showed them where there was a puddle of water and the estimator put on his report that it was an accumulation of water and that I had a problem with the water system. I had to take pictures and had a special person come out to deal with the puddle. It cost me money. But there was no puddle and there was no water problem. That wasn’t a person with Liberty but he was recommended. They also got a whole list of people to call to tell me all about reverse mortgages and that person read over the phone a paper that they got printed up. All they’re doing was reading stuff off so fast and I didn’t catch any of it. If it wasn’t for Lori of Liberty, I would never have gotten any information. She also spent a lot of time with me and filled me in on everything.

We bought the house from CalAtlantic and Liberty was our mortgage company. I dealt with somebody in California and in Florida. The one in Florida told me it’s good to close, and the one in California said there's no way. That went on for three times and on the fourth time, we were told to meet our realtor at their office at 4:00 o'clock, so we did. When we got there, she asked if we brought anything to eat. We said no and she replied she doesn't have any paperwork for me to sign. We sat there for an hour and ordered a pizza, and she kept waiting for something to come over on our computer. She said I got to have a mobile notary.

I sat there and thought it was going to be a waste of time, but it wasn't. She finally got the paperwork to come over on our computer. Then a guy came and printed out 200-something pages of paperwork to sign. We got out of there about 9:30 that night. But what I got mad about was they said I picked the builders' mortgage company. I'm brand-new to Florida and I don't remember picking a mortgage company. Then they said they didn’t know how to do a reverse mortgage, so they stopped with them and got somebody else. That's what delayed everything and it wasn't a pleasant experience. We got here around the 1st of May, and we sat here till the 12th of June before we closed.

Apparently, they couldn't do any pre-approved paperwork before I closed my other house and got debt-free on that one. Equifax had me as deceased, so I had to clear that up and it was a nightmare. We got that taken care of and everything worked out. All in all, Liberty worked very well and the person that works with Liberty seems very, very nice. She did her best that she could to get us the close. We got closed, we're in and we're happy. But Liberty could have done a little bit better keeping me informed of what was going on instead of telling me I was good to close and then say it's not going to happen.

Somebody referred me to Evergreen Home Loans in Poulsbo and we worked with Dawn. She was in Liberty, which was who they went with, and we had a reverse mortgage with them. Then we refinanced and worked with their loan officer Chris whom we had a good interaction. He was good, easy to get a hold of and kept us up to date. They did what we wanted and everything went fine.

When we decided to do a reverse mortgage, Liberty was the first one that called us back. We had no problems with them and it went smoothly.

I thought reverse mortgage was the best thing available and Liberty seemed to be the most hands-on and most concerned. The loan officer was very pleasant-mannered and my interaction with him made me want to deal with them completely. Liberty's reps were also very informing, very understanding and the manner in which they conducted themselves was quite acceptable.

We went for a reverse mortgage to basically get rid of the house payment. It would save us some cash flow for retirement. I worked with two reverse mortgage companies and both sent us paperwork. But Liberty was better and they were less pushy. They offered a little bit more guidance and it was real good. The appraisal team ended up lower on the house than I expected, and they resolved that problem. It was also very nice when they sent us something they did. Plus, they were willing to work with us on different things.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Company Profile