toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was questioning whether a reverse mortgage was something I would want to do. Then I saw Liberty Home Equity Solutions ads, went ahead and followed up on it. My savings account was getting low. We had a flood and it slowed down the sale of my house. I've been building homes on the water and then selling them for 35 years. This one, because of the flood, delayed the sale of the house so my savings started to go down a little bit, so I said I'll check in on the reverse mortgage. James was nice. I talked to three men at the California office and they were all fine. They took care of everything. They did a wonderful job and they made it easy for me. I was the one who was holding everything up trying to decide because it took me about a year and a half to decide to do it. They answered all my questions and they were prompt. Everything happened on time.

I got the money to pay cash for my house because I got a divorce. I'm 70 years old and in three years, I'll lose my spousal support. While I have social security, I want money to live on and my kids don't need and want my house, so I decided to get a reverse mortgage. I filled out an application form and the lady from Liberty Home Equity Solutions called me.

I really liked Christine, the loan officer that I worked with. She was fantastic and led me through everything. Then I did a class with a lady in Maine. This lady was a sweetheart and she helped me and told me everything, then she sent me a certificate afterwards that I had done that class. Christine sent the paperwork to me. She waited till I got the paperwork and I could go over it with her, then she explained everything. I've already recommended her to a couple of people. The process went very smoothly and fast. Reverse mortgage isn't for everybody but it worked perfectly for me. I had a great experience with Liberty and I'm highly satisfied.

I liked the lady from Liberty that came to the house. She seemed honest and knew what she's talking about. The credit line fits our bill pretty good so we chose a reverse mortgage and she went through it step-by-step like you'd talk to anybody without trying to sell them something. They were friendly, nice and they helped us out and made it simple.

I listed a number of lenders, looked at their ratings and picked the best ones. The terms and agreement of Liberty made me decide on them over the other providers. The Liberty loan officer stayed in touch with me and gave me advice on what was going on. I heard from him every few days until it was done. Overall, they did very well and I’m pleased.

I screwed up and a reverse mortgage fits my current needs. I signed up for something on the internet to get more information about it then Liberty Home Equity Solutions called me. I'm glad they did. Their reps were very professional, very knowledgeable, know what they're talking about, and very good personality-wise. Dealing with their loan officer has been absolutely great, too. If I'm in Indiana and he's in California, he might as well be sitting right here across the desk from me. It was that easy. After completing the business with him, my application went through the underwriting then it went to two other departments. One in Kansas and one in Florida, and those were also great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Home Equity Solutions?

A year before I worked with Liberty, there was a local person who said that she worked with Liberty to do the reverse mortgages. And so, when we decided that we wanted to go ahead and do it, I called Liberty directly. They were the first one I called and that worked. Our goal is retirement income, and with the reverse mortgage, that's what amounted to. My interaction with the loan officer went great because of the promptness of getting things done. The only delay was for the appraisal. The guy and the company that did it dragged their feet for a month and a half. But other than that, everything went fine. It was all done by phone, except for the class we took in Medford. It was an easy experience. We've already received a monthly payment and the amount of money that we ended up getting was what we expected. I just told them what I wanted to do and that worked out well. I would recommend Liberty.

I ran across Liberty Home Equity Solutions on the internet a year ago. They were very helpful, patient, knowledgeable and I had already gotten quite a bit of my information to them so I went with them. I didn’t have a mortgage on my home, I needed backup cash and my credit wasn’t the greatest so I didn’t want to get a home equity line of credit and pay interest, so I opted for a reverse mortgage. It's all great. The loan officer was friendly enough and would always get back to me when I need to ask questions and just Johnny-on-the-spot.

I went with a reverse mortgage because I couldn't afford the payments on a conventional mortgage. Linda, an agent for Liberty Home Equity Solutions, recommended the company to me. She helped me qualify in spite of many hurdles that got in the way and the guidance I received from them was excellent. I was satisfied. Also, somebody that worked in Rancho Cordova, but not my agent, sent me a personalized hand-written thank you card and I appreciated that.

I compared two providers, and the cost and customer service was better at Liberty Home Equity Solutions so I had a reverse mortgage with them. As a result of our previous experience, I called them again for another reverse mortgage because I didn't want to make mortgage payments anymore. The first time I dealt with them, they did not have a loan officer in Arizona. But this time, they did and she was very good and customer-oriented. However, there seems to be a problem in communication between her office and the home office in California. The people in California thought they knew everything but they don't understand the laws are different in Arizona and that caused some delays.

Liberty Home was wonderful. Michael was the first guy that was working on the case and he was always on top of everything. I like him pretty well but he had an injury that was too nagging. I worked with another guy and I would always tell him to touch base with me to let me know if there are any other changes or anything that was needed. But it seemed like if I’m trying to call him, he was always at meetings. So, I got somebody else who did a great job. Everything was excellent and I would definitely recommend them.

My mother is 83 and our house is still in her name. Because of her financial situation and us wanting to keep the house in the family, getting a reverse mortgage was the best solution. And so, we decided to get one with Liberty Home. One of their loan officers, Larry came up here twice. The first time, he came to explain their reverse mortgage. The second time, he came to do paperwork in order to get the mortgage processed. In talking to Larry, the written information was very understandable and they all lined up with what I've seen on the internet. She has had the reverse mortgage for three months and at this point, it looks like it's working out really well. Overall, Liberty was very professional and their people were all very courteous and helpful. They answered all questions that my mother had along the process.

Liberty Equity Solutions has better rates and the loan officer I worked with was very excellent, helpful and polite. The process didn’t go smooth due to the city of Chicago but with Liberty, I felt very comfortable all throughout and everything was excellent.

As far as my mother's circumstances, Liberty was really the only option to use the equity in our home. Liberty's loan officer was very attentive and he responded to all of our questions and emails in a timely way. They were very positive interactions. The only thing is that he answered the questions as well as he could, but up to the point of underwriting, he didn't necessarily have those answers. My mom had another loan that was being paid off through this reverse mortgage, and the details there were a little unsure. But it was still all right. I just wanted to make sure that it's taken care of, which it was.

I learned about Liberty Home online and we went with them because of the knowledge of Ron, the first rep we dealt with. They have knowledge of the reverse mortgage process, explained everything well, and did a good job.

Got a reverse mortgage from Liberty Home. The people I deal with were unbelievably nice and accommodating. They were smart about what they were doing and answered all the questions I had. They were very upfront and so I felt secure with them. Overall, my experience with them has been very easy.

I have dues on and I chose to get a reverse mortgage from Liberty Home Equity Solutions. The loan officer did a great job and the guidance I received when making my reverse mortgage decisions was fine.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions' program suited our needs. I talked to them and they made the process easy on us and unstressful. The girl that handled it was cordial, sweet, and knowledgeable. It was like talking to a friend. She always accommodated me and would call me after 6:00 o'clock when I got home at night and would explain everything in detail. I was proactive in what they needed to do because I was a mortgage lender before. The only hiccup was they went with the first appraiser that lied to them and me as to the timing when he could get out and get the report back. It delayed us for a week but we still closed on the date that was in our buy-sell agreement.

I answered one of the questionnaires online then got about a million phone calls and Liberty Home Equity Solutions was the only one who really understood what I was saying so I decided to go with them. The mother of the original loan officer I worked with died in the middle of the process so we switched over to somebody else. Even so, everybody I worked with was fine and I was very satisfied with the lending process. Also, the woman who did my settlement had never dealt with Liberty before and she was very impressed with the deal I got with them. Besides that, a representative of one of Liberty's competitors, who was not quite so nice as the Liberty people, told me that I should check Consumer Affairs' website because Liberty did not have very good ratings. I checked the website and Liberty's ratings were just as good as his company’s rating.

My brother-in-law died in May 2016 and at that time the house was paid off, but our income was really diminished. I started looking and then I got in touch with Liberty in June of 2016 and they seemed to be the friendliest over others. They sent the information and then the loan officer followed up every couple of months because I told him that we were still settling the estate. Finally, in April of this year, we finally followed with him again for the last time in getting a brand new loan. I was really pleased with the representative that we had. He kept us advised of what was going on and if I sent the wrong information. Their guidance was very good and we finished the process by the end of June. Overall, it was really a nice and painless experience. We’ve never done anything like this before and between that and settling my brother-in-law’s estate, this was perhaps one of the easier things we did.

Something came in the mail and it intrigued me so I called Liberty Home Equity and we decided that we would go ahead and see if things would work out for us. And as it began to unroll, it was very obvious that they would. There were no dumb question except the one you don’t ask. We had a couple of glitches, but we managed to get through those and it came out with very little wear and tear on us. At first, we had trouble getting someone to check the house. But once the gal came and did it, she had the information back to Liberty within a week. I was very impressed with her too.

For the most part, I'm very satisfied with how it’s gone thus far. They’re patient and easy to work with and that was was helpful. They were understanding too. My experience went along smoothly and I’m very grateful that they were there so I'm happy. They answered my questions, gave me feedback and encouragement. I would certainly recommend Liberty and if I have to do it again, I would do it with them.

My significant other and I have been thinking about a reverse mortgage because I’m retired and my only offspring is financially set for life and doing very well. I have no other relatives nor does my significant other. We wanted to take advantage of the equity and the place, and do some repairs so we could remain here in our dwindling years. Mike, the loan officer from Liberty, was very nice to us and that’s why we chose them. He even tried to smooth things over when Liberty itself was clumsy in the handling of the finalization.

For example, when we were supposed to have the money sent, they said they can’t transfer it and they’ll have to mail it to me. On the day that they were supposed to mail it, my homeowners' insurance company called me and said, "we gave your reverse mortgage people some information" which meant that we wouldn’t get the check that day because they didn’t prepare it properly. None of this had anything to do with Mike but with the rest of the agency. I finally got it straightened and Mike took care of us for our inconvenience. The guidance that we received from Liberty was adequate and there were no surprises. We asked for a certain amount of money, they provided that and we are working on that right now. They’ve been fine and Mike has been very good about follow-ups, too.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions matched or bettered the offer of other companies. They gave me many options and helped me make my final decision. I chose their reverse mortgage because it was the best thing for me at that time. Their loan officer knew what he was talking about and it was quickly done. It was a great experience overall.

I dealt with Ed from Liberty Home Equity Solutions in Atlanta and he was helpful. The loan officers (Peggy and Anthony) did a good job as well. They always call me back when they said they would. They're dependable, always did what they said, and work hard on it.

I am approaching retirement age and I don’t want to pay my mortgage anymore so I put in reverse mortgage online and got a phone call within three minutes from Liberty Home Equity. I researched other reverse mortgage providers but the fellow I dealt with from their company made it seem a lot easier than other companies in terms of the information they wanted and what I needed to do. They’re government backed so basically it’s the same as far as dollars and cents. The loan officer was a nice guy. He was very patient with me and was very specific on the information that they needed. Everything has been executed and I got the payoff on my conventional mortgage and the taxes and insurance were paid. It was a bit of a long process but a good experience and I would recommend them.

When the house was paid, we needed some things to be done like replacing the air conditioner. A reverse mortgage was something we needed. I helped my mom with it and we're very pleased with Liberty. The process took a longer time than I thought but we got it all taken care of and the guidance we received was perfect. Liberty was exactly what we needed and they were very courteous, knowledgeable and helped us all we could.

Resolution In Progress

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc.

William, Thank you for providing feedback about your experience working with Liberty! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: July 27, 2017

We didn't have enough credit to get anything else other than a reverse mortgage. I don't have an income, just Social Security. I wasn't thoroughly convinced on the guidance I received from Liberty. We received a CD in the mail from one of those actors, Tom Selleck. I thought about it and decided to try them because we weren't getting anywhere. Dealing with my loan officer was up and down for a while. We didn't know what was going on half the time but finally got it through.

First, they told us "You don't have to worry about your credit" and "no problem". Then all of a sudden the credit was an issue and then it seemed like one thing after another. They wanted us to have a $10,000 homeowners insurance policy to get something down. I'm not sure what it was. I only got a $5,000 deductible, just to keep them happy, but I wasn't happy about that. I don't know what the deal was then. Our appraisal came in less than what we had paid for it when we had it built. We paid $292,000 to have this house built and the appraisal came in at $291,000.

The overall experience was interesting. It was confusing. We didn't know why they needed an extra $3,000 if the appraisal came in under what I had said it was worth. We've had real estate people and then it was appraised. They think they could sell it between $298,000 and $306,000. And then that's still not much more. We put $150,000 down on this house and we couldn't understand what the big problem was. We only owed $142,000 on it. Finally, the loan is over. It didn't come out exactly like I thought it was going to come out but we got it anyway.

I’m old and decided on a reverse mortgage. I called one company but they didn’t answer my questions, but when I somehow got Liberty's number, they answered them. Frank came out to the house and he was good. However, there was one lady that I had a little problem with. Frank called when the paperwork got started and told me that Felicia was going to be my contact. A week later when she called and I asked questions, she acted like, “Why are you bugging me with all these stuff?” She got problems. Also, I had an appraisal and it just happened that I had a bunch of work to do in the house and I got the work all done. And when I called the guy that did the appraisal, he was on vacation in England. Then I called Felicia since she was who I was supposed to call about problems and she told me that they were getting somebody else. She said it three times when I called. But she lied.

When I talked to the appraisal company, the first lady called and told me to wait ‘till this appraiser guy comes back out from vacation and that they were not gonna get another one. When the appraiser finally came back, he came out to my house to reappraise it and he told me the same thing. He said he was told he didn't turn the internal papers in and they wouldn't know to get somebody else to come back out and check the stuff that was already done.

One time Frank called me and said that Felicia called him and that that they've got somebody set up and that I was to be notified in three days. That was a couple of weeks before the appraiser came back from vacation and I heard nothing. Frank taught me all he could but I told him that I would not deal with Felicia again. She was on vacation once and I was given a guy who was out in California. He was really good and I wanna talk to him a couple of times. Other than the issue with Felicia, I would recommend Liberty.

My experience with Liberty was great and I'd recommend them.

I was an accountant before I retired and I looked at a lot of different things. There's no payment in reverse mortgage so I chose to do it. The whole point of taking it was paying off all my credit cards so I could live on my income. A friend of mine dealt with Liberty Home Equity before and he was very pleased and when I connected with them I also got a really nice lady, Liz. She was a doll. She walked me through the whole thing, was helpful and I really was impressed with her. The process took a long time because there's a lot of weird papers I had to come up with but once I got all the paperwork together it went like a breeze. I got what I wanted and I’m happy.

I was working for a reverse mortgage and I got a business card from a guy who deals with Liberty Home Equity Solutions. Jim, the one who sold me the package, was very knowledgeable. I look up to him now almost as a brother. It all went smooth and it was all handled well. The only shock I got was that I tried it several years ago. I applied for a reverse mortgage with some other company and they were going to give me $220,000 and they wanted $25,000 to do it. I told them in very impolite terms what they could do their idea. I decided to get married to a Japanese lady and fix my house up and today is my 50th anniversary and I never took out anything out of the mortgage as for as equity, and then it was only $620,000 or $650,000 was the max Liberty would loan and they gave me $426,500. I was in shock! I did some renovating and bought a new car with the $426,000. Overall, it was an excellent experience.

Liberty Home Equity Solutions, Inc. Company Profile