InterContinental Capital Group
4.54/5
Based on 149 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a reverse mortgage lender?

InterContinental Capital Group

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Located in Jericho, New York, InterContinental Capital Group services reverse mortgage loans nationwide. Specializing in home financing for one to four family residential properties, ICG takes pride in their ability to custom-fit financing to suit your individual needs. Dustin Dimisa founded InterContinental Capital Group because he understands the market is always changing and that consumers need reliable institutions they can trust.

149 InterContinental Capital Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

InterContinental is very good and I love everything they did for me. They've got referrals that are good. It was a good friend of mine that referred me to them. They worked with a lot of realtors and the realtor is like a friend or a family. I worked with Eric, my loan officer, and he was very on point with everything. Any questions I had, he answered thoroughly. He did everything I asked him to do and any time I had a question, he got back to me right away. I tried to refi with InterContinental as much as I could. Whoever needs a mortgage, I would definitely refer them.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I gave InterContinental all the records they needed and we started from there. The lady talked nicely to me and the people who appraised the house were very good. Also, the reps answered all my questions. The guidance I got was excellent and it was handled very nicely. I called this morning to see if they received my payment and they played on the tape that they received it on the 11th. InterContinental is very good.

Get expert buying tips about Reverse Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I heard about InterContinental Capital Group through a friend, and that company helped me with a homeowners loan. What I needed, they have worked out, and they were friendly. They were no hassle to work with, too. Our interactions, as well as the guidance I got from them, were positive.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I worked at a dealership and I met one of the loan officers who worked at InterContinental there. InterContinental has way better rates and an easier process. I got a new home mortgage from them and I received top of the line guidance. My loan officer was very responsive and direct. He was also easy to get in contact with. It was very, very refreshing that he was just one text or phone call away. It was a smooth and straightforward process too. I just had to supply the documents needed, logging into the account online. I would definitely refer InterContinental to my friends who want to get a house with no games played.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

InterContinental had the best deal for me for a traditional mortgage. Their loan officers were very professional, very informative, and really punctual. I had a good experience overall.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InterContinental Capital Group - CEO Dustin DiMisa?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

A friend of mine who had a good experience with InterContinental told me about the company. I went ahead with them and felt comfortable with the guy I dealt with. I met him a couple of times, and he was a nice guy. He was pretty smooth too and my questions were answered. The guidance I got from them was pretty good. Overall, using InterContinental's services was a good experience and I'd recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My friend recommended InterContinental Capital Group. I worked with them to refinance my son's mortgage and they worked back with me. Everything was excellent and everything about them was the best. The rep I had was very professional. Every time I called, he always called me back. Then, when I had additional questions, he would find the answers and call me back. The whole process took a couple of weeks, which wasn't long, and they had it down pat. Overall, InterContinental Capital Group provided very good service and was very responsible.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I used InterContinental for a mortgage to buy a home. It was my first try and everything went smooth, so I stuck by them. The application process was quick and it was more of a smooth sale in getting all signatures together. Everything is interconnected on the computers, with the app that everybody’s connected with the realtor, the buyer, and the seller, so it’s a lot easier. If I had a question or concern, someone gets back to me with an answer right away. Their representatives have excellent knowledge and expertise. They were also very prompt and they worked very hard to make sure it would go through with all the paperwork. The loan officer was on top of it and everything was perfect. I’ve heard a lot of harsh words from a lot of people when on the last day before closing, thing are always popping up, but I luckily never had that experience. InterContinental has been nothing but good stuff and it was a pleasant experience.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

A friend of mine is the manager of an InterContinental Capital Group branch over here in New Jersey. I've known him for a long time, so I go to him. He gave the interest to me and I made the decision to work with him because I asked him before. He tried to do the best with the interest for me. We went with the mortgage them. I bought a new house and he did everything for me during the application process. I went over there and told him what I needed. He filled up all the application and I signed it. Everything was okay. I recommend InterContinental because I know him.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I got my loan with InterContinental Capital Group. They vetted me and approved the loan. The person that handled was somewhat professional. But towards the end, it was kind of like she wasn’t involved anymore. She just kinda filled me in and then it was over after that. The overall experience, I would never go back, but it’s a learning experience. I didn’t know any better.

The house that I purchased was a government-owned house, so they have their own rules and regulations, which they couldn’t apply to because they were too busy at the moment. But it’s done. My mortgage was sold so the new service is pretty much one of the best ones that I’ve had. I had to pay two extension fees due to their lack of getting back to me on my request.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

My Realtor introduced me to someone at InterContinental Capital Group. I got the first loan and I need an extra money to do some stuff in my house. I gave the rep whatever he needed. I've been trying to get in touch with their rep for the past four months and he would let me wait and nothing happens for my second loan. He would say he would call me back in an hour and nothing happens. Also, he would say he would jump in my file and give me an update in 40 or 20 minutes but nothing happens. The first loan was like a regular loan and they were fast to process it for me because they were gonna sell it to a different company. As soon as they hook you up, they don't care. They got their commission. But right now with the second loan, when I need extra help or something else, there's nothing happening in there.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

We just purchased a home and InterContinental Capital Group was one of the mortgage companies that picked up the mortgage. I didn’t have a problem getting the mortgage. I had decent credit and I don’t think we had too hard of a problem getting it. They did the application in one day and the mortgage came through in less than a week. I talked with one guy that handled it and his main thing was to sell the mortgage and get me refinanced. Everything has been fine with me. I would recommend InterContinental. They're a good mortgage company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I went through a really bad experience with InterContinental Capital Group. I was passed off to different people. We started with one broker who was at Jersey Mortgage and then she transferred to InterContinental in the middle of the whole transaction and didn’t tell me. She took all the documents we gave to Jersey Mortgage and had us give them all to her again so that she could do it through InterContinental Capital, her new employer. It was a nightmare and we almost didn’t close on the house and had to push our closing back a couple of days. I wouldn’t refer anybody to InterContinental Capital Group.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I didn't have a reverse mortgage and the rep from InterContinental Capital Group worked tirelessly in trying to get me board up. I worked with them on mortgage funds from an investor property and the guidance that I have received from them was good. The overall experience was quick and to-the-point. I would tell others to give InterContinental Capital Group a call.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

InterContinental Capital Group was more thorough and explained options better. The loan officer I worked with was very helpful and answered any questions that I had. Overall, it was a painless process and they were on top of things. I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I went to the rep who did my mortgage and he got me the insurance in the bank. The process of getting the mortgage took around three weeks and the rep dealt with InterContinental Group. He got me the mortgage rate, called me up and I signed the papers. Everything went smoothly and it was a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I got a mortgage from InterContinental Capital Group to purchase my mom’s house but it wasn’t an easy ride. I dealt with multiple people and the party over in the New Jersey side were very annoying to deal with. They were pompous and very impatient with the whole things. The people in New York fixed their screwups though and got the loan done. If it wasn’t for the folks in New York bailing them out, the deal would have collapsed. I wasn’t happy with the interest rate that I settled with as well. They were saying one thing and in the end, it became another. I didn’t expect something so easy to become such a headache. It wasn’t supposed to be so much of a headache because all I did was buy out my brother on a house that my mom owned. InterContinental should lose the arrogance and be more respectful of people and learn how to talk to people. I will not ever use them again unless they can guarantee me something.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

A childhood friend of mine, Rob, who works at InterContinental Capital Group helped me get my mortgage on my first house that I bought. He was the loan officer and he handled everything for me. Whatever other people needed to be involved, he took care of it all. He was great. He handled it with a very high level of professionalism despite the fact that we've been friends for a long time. We threw around a few different options of what kind of mortgage to get, so he laid out all the different possibilities, the good and bad things about each one. He was very thorough. He walked me through all the different phases of the mortgage acquisition and did so not only professionally, but extremely friendly. It was an overall great experience.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I refinanced with InterContinental Capital Group and had a great experience interacting with their rep. The rep had gotten back to me one time and did the things they were supposed to do. The process was very easy and they did very well with guiding me on making decisions.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

The people at InterContinental works as soon as they have all the information, or if you give all the paper that they ask or need. If you give all the information when they ask for that, you don’t have any problem. But if you get slow, they’re gonna be slow as well. The loan officer I dealt with was very good, so everything went smoothly. He has about 30 years experience in doing this. Everything was easy and I recommend InterContinental.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I was in banking for about 30 years. I was a vice president of the bank and the Chief Loan Operations Officer. So I knew all about what reverse mortgages were. They come in handy when you get up to a certain age, especially when you’re on a limited income. And at this point, I was on a limited income. I have Social Security of $990 and that doesn’t leave very much when you are paying out over $600 on a mortgage payment.

The loan officer I dealt with at InterContinental was terrific. I really liked him and I was extremely comfortable working with him. He had a friendly-sounding voice when he talked to you and he didn’t high pressure you. He went out of his way, was really right there for you and made sure that everything was understood. I also let him know that I knew about the process and that helped a bit too. And because it's a year and a half before you can refinance, I’ve asked InterContinental to call me back to see if my appraisal might have gone up. I’ve been told that it might be and to refinance so that I can maybe get a little bit more out of the equity.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My brother told me about InterContinental Capital Group and set me up with them. They have a good reputation and their offer was good, so that helped me decide to go ahead and use their services. Although I did not go back up through someone else that I wanted, my experience was good and the people that I worked with were knowledgeable. Also, I always got a prompt reply and that makes the customer happy. The services that InterContinental is offering are good so they should continue doing that. I would certainly recommend someone to them.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

InterContinental Capital Group had the lowest rates for a regular mortgage. They were solid too, and the process was straightforward. There was some back and-forth that is typical when you apply for a mortgage, and they were responsive and professional. Our interactions were predominantly via e-mail and then there were some phone calls to clarify. The lenders were headstrong on what they could and couldn't do, and I thought they were pretty good.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I liked the lady who I was dealing with at ICG. Her name was Tina and she was pretty good. She was very nice and she explained everything to me. I got an FHA loan and I would recommend ICG.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I heard about InterContinental Capital through a friend of mine. The mortgage broker whom he hooked me up with worked for that company. He got things done while others couldn't. He was excellent and professional. Without this company, I never would have purchased my house. I've referred this company to two friends. They both received and InterContinental did a good job with their mortgages as well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The rep from InterContinental Capital was good but I felt rushed and at one point, I almost didn’t proceed. Everything pushed through and came out fine but if I were to refinance again, I would think about it again because if I had some questions that were not answered, they were not until the whole process was done. Every time I called, I felt like they were doing me favors and not a service.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

InterContinental Capital Group called me at the right time. I did a streamline refinance through them two years ago. Then, their customer service called me, and emailed again to try to do another refinance. I’ve explained to them the situation and they still wanna push on. I know that it was not gonna move forward, and then it didn't move forward. So, that was my frustration.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

A guy I went to the gym with does a lot of great posting on Facebook about his success experiences with the InterContinental Capital Group, so I thought they would be a good pick. I went through a lot with the people that I worked with at InterContinental, There was a guy there that would call and I had his cell phone number, which I had gotten down. I received good guidance from them and I didn’t have to do anything but follow their directions.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I researched refinancing and InterContinental reached out to me. I liked the guy that I dealt with. I don’t like to drag things out. In dealing with InterContinental, I liked that it was like, “Okay. I need this, this, this, this and this." I got it to the guy and he got back to me. It was very easy to work with him. My whole purpose in refinancing was to lower my monthly payment and get rid of PMI. It was a situation where there was so much new building that there was no growth in our equity in our own home. I have a good job and good credit, but I didn’t think that I would end up with an FHA loan. I worked with InterContinental and both my experiences with them were positive.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Robert ** was a fast talker and refused to answer detailed questions. When questions were repeated, he was condescending and rude. I requested to cancel my application immediately but he continued to text and email and even called me up as if nothing happened! Do not do business with this fraudulent company!!!

InterContinental Capital Group - CEO Dustin DiMisa expert review by Michele Lerner

Intercontinental Capital Group, Inc. is a mortgage lender specializing in loans for single-family homes and multi-family homes with up to four residences. The company offers reverse mortgages as well as FHA loans, conventional mortgages and mortgage refinancing. It has been in business since 2005 and is headquartered in Jericho, New York.

• Mortgage specialists: InterContinental pairs each loan applicant with a loan officer or mortgage specialist who is knowledgeable about the type of loan you’re applying for and the laws and regulations in your state. The mortgage specialist will help you with all your questions.

• Request information online: If you don’t want to call the company, you can enter your basic personal information online, and a representative will contact you. Simply visit the website and enter your name, email, phone number and the type of loan you’re interested in.

• Electronic Loan Center: After you apply, you can log in to the Electronic Loan Center to see your application status, upload necessary documents and electronically sign paperwork.

• Customer service: InterContinental Capital works hard to provide excellent customer service.

• NMLS information: InterContinental Capital makes it easy for you to learn about them on the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) Consumer Access database. The company’s website lists their NMLS number and links to the NMLS Consumer Access Page so you can quickly find information about their license and registrations.

• Best for: seniors on a fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
    Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

InterContinental Capital Group Company Information