Call toll free
4.60/5
Based on 131 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Located in Jericho, New York, InterContinental Capital Group services reverse mortgage loans nationwide. Specializing in home financing for one to four family residential properties, ICG takes pride in their ability to custom-fit financing to suit your individual needs. Dustin Dimisa founded InterContinental Capital Group because he understands the market is always changing and that consumers need reliable institutions they can trust.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

131 InterContinental Capital Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I refinanced with InterContinental Capital Group and had a great experience interacting with their rep. The rep had gotten back to me one time and did the things they were supposed to do. The process was very easy and they did very well with guiding me on making decisions.

Get expert buying tips about Reverse Mortgage Lenders delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

The people at InterContinental works as soon as they have all the information, or if you give all the paper that they ask or need. If you give all the information when they ask for that, you don’t have any problem. But if you get slow, they’re gonna be slow as well. The loan officer I dealt with was very good, so everything went smoothly. He has about 30 years experience in doing this. Everything was easy and I recommend InterContinental.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I was in banking for about 30 years. I was a vice president of the bank and the Chief Loan Operations Officer. So I knew all about what reverse mortgages were. They come in handy when you get up to a certain age, especially when you’re on a limited income. And at this point, I was on a limited income. I have Social Security of $990 and that doesn’t leave very much when you are paying out over $600 on a mortgage payment.

The loan officer I dealt with at InterContinental was terrific. I really liked him and I was extremely comfortable working with him. He had a friendly-sounding voice when he talked to you and he didn’t high pressure you. He went out of his way, was really right there for you and made sure that everything was understood. I also let him know that I knew about the process and that helped a bit too. And because it's a year and a half before you can refinance, I’ve asked InterContinental to call me back to see if my appraisal might have gone up. I’ve been told that it might be and to refinance so that I can maybe get a little bit more out of the equity.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

My brother told me about InterContinental Capital Group and set me up with them. They have a good reputation and their offer was good, so that helped me decide to go ahead and use their services. Although I did not go back up through someone else that I wanted, my experience was good and the people that I worked with were knowledgeable. Also, I always got a prompt reply and that makes the customer happy. The services that InterContinental is offering are good so they should continue doing that. I would certainly recommend someone to them.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

InterContinental Capital Group had the lowest rates for a regular mortgage. They were solid too, and the process was straightforward. There was some back and-forth that is typical when you apply for a mortgage, and they were responsive and professional. Our interactions were predominantly via e-mail and then there were some phone calls to clarify. The lenders were headstrong on what they could and couldn't do, and I thought they were pretty good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InterContinental Capital Group - CEO Dustin DiMisa?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I liked the lady who I was dealing with at ICG. Her name was Tina and she was pretty good. She was very nice and she explained everything to me. I got an FHA loan and I would recommend ICG.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I heard about InterContinental Capital through a friend of mine. The mortgage broker whom he hooked me up with worked for that company. He got things done while others couldn't. He was excellent and professional. Without this company, I never would have purchased my house. I've referred this company to two friends. They both received and InterContinental did a good job with their mortgages as well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The rep from InterContinental Capital was good but I felt rushed and at one point, I almost didn’t proceed. Everything pushed through and came out fine but if I were to refinance again, I would think about it again because if I had some questions that were not answered, they were not until the whole process was done. Every time I called, I felt like they were doing me favors and not a service.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

InterContinental Capital Group called me at the right time. I did a streamline refinance through them two years ago. Then, their customer service called me, and emailed again to try to do another refinance. I’ve explained to them the situation and they still wanna push on. I know that it was not gonna move forward, and then it didn't move forward. So, that was my frustration.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

A guy I went to the gym with does a lot of great posting on Facebook about his success experiences with the InterContinental Capital Group, so I thought they would be a good pick. I went through a lot with the people that I worked with at InterContinental, There was a guy there that would call and I had his cell phone number, which I had gotten down. I received good guidance from them and I didn’t have to do anything but follow their directions.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I researched refinancing and InterContinental reached out to me. I liked the guy that I dealt with. I don’t like to drag things out. In dealing with InterContinental, I liked that it was like, “Okay. I need this, this, this, this and this." I got it to the guy and he got back to me. It was very easy to work with him. My whole purpose in refinancing was to lower my monthly payment and get rid of PMI. It was a situation where there was so much new building that there was no growth in our equity in our own home. I have a good job and good credit, but I didn’t think that I would end up with an FHA loan. I worked with InterContinental and both my experiences with them were positive.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Robert ** was a fast talker and refused to answer detailed questions. When questions were repeated, he was condescending and rude. I requested to cancel my application immediately but he continued to text and email and even called me up as if nothing happened! Do not do business with this fraudulent company!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

We've been working with a realtor who's very well-known in the Milford, Connecticut area. He's been in the business for a very long time. Ever since we've been doing work with him in terms of retouching homes, I got the vibe that he was a very trustworthy, hardworking, and genuine person so when he gave us the recommendations to reach out to ICG, I felt good about it.

Once we started working with ICG, they were very awesome, polite and friendly. They were on top of communication and made me feel convinced that they were out there to help me. I even had to go to their office because this is my first time getting a mortgage and there were a lot of terms and stuff that I didn't quite understand. They always open up their time for me.

It's only been two months since we've closed on the house but I know for a fact that if anything comes up, I'm more than welcome to give them a call and make inquiries, which is a good thing because they're making me feel comfortable enough to come back to them even after we've already finished working on the mortgage. I have nothing but an amazing experience with them and everything seems to be going good so far. I even have a couple of friends who recently got married. They're looking for a mortgage and into the idea of buying a house so I've recommended ICG to them.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

InterContinental Group was the first to contact me and they had the options of lowering my payment and interest rate so I jumped at it. I talked with Tiffany and we walked through it as a process. She asked me a number of questions about my current situation and opened up to the few options that I had through them. She was also incredible every single time I talked to her even if it was out of business hours. Not only did she listen and address any issues or questions that I had, but she was always quick to get back to me at least to touch base even if she had meetings throughout the day.

But after my initial signing and everything was completed, I was a little confused about when I would get more information if they sold my refinance in package or who I would give the payment to. A month went by and I hadn't gotten anything in the mail. An email saying they were processing everything, that at that point it was not processed or that they're either looking to sell my refinance or they were keeping it in-house was pretty much all I was looking to find out. But that was a minor hiccup and everything else was great. It was easy and concise and they were very knowledgeable.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I signed up for a mortgage somewhere else in a local area where I lived. Someone from InterContinental called me and I started talking with them about trying to get a loan because of the situation I was in. Darlene, Ronnie and Vincent were the best, especially the loan officer, Vincent who did more of the encouraging. They made things possible where I didn't think it would be. The process took nine months and when I might have given up, they stuck and worked with me with the mortgage and everything worked out fine. My experience was great, and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I dealt with InterContinental Capital Group to refinance my home because of a reduced private mortgage insurance through FHA. The original guy Charles, the senior account executive, was my contact through the whole process and everything worked great until a month after. They reduced my loan amount so my monthly payments for the house has gone down but the out of pocket expense that they promised me they somehow messed up on. It was only supposed to save me money but it has put me in a financial bind and I have to pay money that I can't afford. They sent me a letter saying I owe them $1,400 because of some escrow fees that they paid during the process.

Now I have to pay them back monthly out of my monthly social security money and I can't afford to fail once. I'm not happy at all. They didn't disclose what was going to happen and told me the exact opposite of the whole process. Also it wasn't the original guy I dealt with who contacted me to say I owe them money. It really hurts the whole process. Everything went great until they blew it towards the end.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We had a friend that was going to try to do our mortgage but she didn't end up getting her mortgage license so she referred us to another friend who works for InterContinental Capital Group. She was very helpful, very pleasant and answered questions promptly and to the best of her knowledge. She was always available through email or phone calls whenever I needed her.

The only issue I had was we were asked to supply different information at different times. The process of getting all the documents took longer and it was getting closer to our deadline. It was a little stressful. If we were given all of the information upfront and what we needed, especially for an FHA loan, it probably would have been a little bit easier. But overall, they were very helpful. I even spoke with the underwriter or processor and she was wonderful. Everybody answered my questions appropriately.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I did a refinancing and InterContinental was the only one that would work with my credit scores. They’ve all been very positive and straightforward with me. I’ve done three loans with them now. They called me up and said, “You want to do another refinancing? Rates have dropped.” They gave me some quick numbers about what my current payment is and if I’m going to pay some things off. Then they basically say, “Okay. If we get your okay we’ll send you a document. Pick that up.” They were right on with the rates and I recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

InterContinental Capital Group reached out to me via their email. I thought it was from HUD, so I filled out the paperwork and then they called me. So their paperwork is a little misleading. Also, when I asked what the closing cost would be, the person I talked to said a few hundred dollars. A few hundred dollars is $300 to $400 and not more than $500. However, I had to bring $1,400 to the table. I was frustrated and considered not signing those papers specifically for that reason, but I ran some numbers and I figured it was better for me to go ahead with them.

I have an FHA loan and they dropped the interest rate half a point and it was worth it. The people at InterContinental have great personalities and they were very attentive as well. They, however, need to provide more clarification. If they're going to quote a price, they should make sure to give a little more accurate price. A couple of hundred dollars and $1,400 was a huge gap. Nevertheless, my experience with InterContinental Capital was pleasant and they did what they said they were going to do.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

InterContinental Group worked out the FHA less than a month ago and I got my house. Their loan officer was really good about the deal and she was very professional and knowledgeable. I had a good experience with them overall and I would recommend them to friends.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I wanted to do refinancing to have a lower interest rate. I went with InterContinental and their reps were pleasant. Miguel was pushy though, but Robert was very nice and helpful. The boss guy was very professional and I would most definitely do business with him again given the opportunity. The only disadvantage is that I’m in California and they’re all the way in New York City. But other than that, I would definitely use them again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I am a first time home buyer and InterContinental was referred to me. The reps were friendly and knowledgeable but I didn’t feel that they helped me out a lot. The overall experience was all right.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I got a thing in a mail that looked like a Federal Express envelope, so I opened it and the info about InterContinental Group was there. It talked about my PMI, and I had an old one. It just seemed like the right time to do it, so I called them through the mail. I didn’t look around for other mortgage companies because I thought it was going to be a lot more difficult than it was so the InterContinental Group was the first and the only one I contacted. The interactions I had with the people working there were mostly very good.

My only complaint is that the rep exaggerated a bit about how much the house is worth. He said the house is worth 650 when it was actually 625. Then he said I was going to knock my house payments down $500 dollars, but it was $450. But he was very understanding and he handled it all. I work at a hospital and it’s hard for me to take personal phone calls during the day, and then, him being in New York. He was pretty gracious about me calling him later on in the evening and he was firm about not calling him after a certain time unless it’s an emergency, which is cool. The InterContinental team was very helpful and they got right on the job. I called them one evening and the ball started rolling, and it went pretty smoothly. The inspection wasn’t too brutal of the house. I’ve forgotten that there would be one and I got a favorable inspection evaluation. Overall, I was very happy with the service I got.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

InterContinental was the first to contact me. They found out that I was paying what I was paying through US Bank and then, they sent me a letter. I did some research on the company, making sure that they were legitimate and I decided to go with them. The process was quick, easy and painless. They answered any questions I had or got back to me if I leave a message for them. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

My experience with InterContinental was great. Everything about the company was decent and the loan officer answered all the questions I had.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I had a fantastic experience with InterContinental Capital Group and their process couldn’t have been better or easier. They have reviews about certain loans that fit my criteria and their rep, Gary, also had a few good reviews on Zillow. Gary was awesome. He kept me informed every step of the way. We’re in California and he’s in the East Coast, and he’d answer his phone. He always got right back to me if I had to leave a message, which was the best thing about him.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

We like Air One and they advertised InterContinental Capital Group, so we looked it up and went with it. Their loan officer was very professional and knowledgeable and everything went great. Overall, I enjoyed the decision by going with them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

InterContinental Capital Group was more willing to help me out than anybody else. They explained things better and gave me better options and more choices that worked out for me financially. Also, their loan officer was great and pretty straightforward.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I've known InterContinental Capital Group for years and I’ve had some friends do business with them before. InterContinental was very professional. I used to do mortgages for 10 years and I was in the industry myself and I knew that sometimes there is a lot of moving parts in what you can control and what others do in the processing, but there was never any hassle with InterContinental. It was an easy and a pleasant process. Whenever I get a chance, I always try to refer them. I tell my friends that they always do a good job.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I purchased my first home and I took a chance and went for InterContinental Capital Group. Their rep was great. I was freaking out a lot and she kept reassuring me by telling me to calm down. She took me step by step of what was going to happen and told me what certain things I didn't understand mean. So, everything was good and it was an awesome experience.

InterContinental Capital Group - CEO Dustin DiMisa expert review by Michele Lerner

Intercontinental Capital Group, Inc. is a mortgage lender specializing in loans for single-family homes and multi-family homes with up to four residences. The company offers reverse mortgages as well as FHA loans, conventional mortgages and mortgage refinancing. It has been in business since 2005 and is headquartered in Jericho, New York.

• Mortgage specialists: InterContinental pairs each loan applicant with a loan officer or mortgage specialist who is knowledgeable about the type of loan you’re applying for and the laws and regulations in your state. The mortgage specialist will help you with all your questions.

• Request information online: If you don’t want to call the company, you can enter your basic personal information online, and a representative will contact you. Simply visit the website and enter your name, email, phone number and the type of loan you’re interested in.

• Electronic Loan Center: After you apply, you can log in to the Electronic Loan Center to see your application status, upload necessary documents and electronically sign paperwork.

• Customer service: InterContinental Capital works hard to provide excellent customer service.

• NMLS information: InterContinental Capital makes it easy for you to learn about them on the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) Consumer Access database. The company’s website lists their NMLS number and links to the NMLS Consumer Access Page so you can quickly find information about their license and registrations.

• Best for: seniors on a fixed income and seniors who want to enjoy their later years.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

InterContinental Capital Group Company Information