4.63/5
  • 1 star
Based on 119 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Located in Jericho, New York, InterContinental Capital Group services reverse mortgage loans nationwide. Specializing in home financing for one to four family residential properties, ICG takes pride in their ability to custom-fit financing to suit your individual needs. Dustin Dimisa founded InterContinental Capital Group because he understands the market is always changing and that consumers need reliable institutions they can trust.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

119 InterContinental Capital Group Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

We've been working with a realtor who's very well-known in the Milford, Connecticut area. He's been in the business for a very long time. Ever since we've been doing work with him in terms of retouching homes, I got the vibe that he was a very trustworthy, hardworking, and genuine person so when he gave us the recommendations to reach out to ICG, I felt good about it.

Once we started working with ICG, they were very awesome, polite and friendly. They were on top of communication and made me feel convinced that they were out there to help me. I even had to go to their office because this is my first time getting a mortgage and there were a lot of terms and stuff that I didn't quite understand. They always open up their time for me.

It's only been two months since we've closed on the house but I know for a fact that if anything comes up, I'm more than welcome to give them a call and make inquiries, which is a good thing because they're making me feel comfortable enough to come back to them even after we've already finished working on the mortgage. I have nothing but an amazing experience with them and everything seems to be going good so far. I even have a couple of friends who recently got married. They're looking for a mortgage and into the idea of buying a house so I've recommended ICG to them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

InterContinental Group was the first to contact me and they had the options of lowering my payment and interest rate so I jumped at it. I talked with Tiffany and we walked through it as a process. She asked me a number of questions about my current situation and opened up to the few options that I had through them. She was also incredible every single time I talked to her even if it was out of business hours. Not only did she listen and address any issues or questions that I had, but she was always quick to get back to me at least to touch base even if she had meetings throughout the day.

But after my initial signing and everything was completed, I was a little confused about when I would get more information if they sold my refinance in package or who I would give the payment to. A month went by and I hadn't gotten anything in the mail. An email saying they were processing everything, that at that point it was not processed or that they're either looking to sell my refinance or they were keeping it in-house was pretty much all I was looking to find out. But that was a minor hiccup and everything else was great. It was easy and concise and they were very knowledgeable.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I signed up for a mortgage somewhere else in a local area where I lived. Someone from InterContinental called me and I started talking with them about trying to get a loan because of the situation I was in. Darlene, Ronnie and Vincent were the best, especially the loan officer, Vincent who did more of the encouraging. They made things possible where I didn't think it would be. The process took nine months and when I might have given up, they stuck and worked with me with the mortgage and everything worked out fine. My experience was great, and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I dealt with International Capital Group to refinance my home because of a reduced private mortgage insurance through FHA. The original guy Charles, the senior account executive, was my contact through the whole process and everything worked great until a month after. They reduced my loan amount so my monthly payments for the house has gone down but the out of pocket expense that they promised me they somehow messed up on. It was only supposed to save me money but it has put me in a financial bind and I have to pay money that I can't afford. They sent me a letter saying I owe them $1,400 because of some escrow fees that they paid during the process.

Now I have to pay them back monthly out of my monthly social security money and I can't afford to fail once. I'm not happy at all. They didn't disclose what was going to happen and told me the exact opposite of the whole process. Also it wasn't the original guy I dealt with who contacted me to say I owe them money. It really hurts the whole process. Everything went great until they blew it towards the end.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

We had a friend that was going to try to do our mortgage but she didn't end up getting her mortgage license so she referred us to another friend who works for InterContinental Capital Group. She was very helpful, very pleasant and answered questions promptly and to the best of her knowledge. She was always available through email or phone calls whenever I needed her.

The only issue I had was we were asked to supply different information at different times. The process of getting all the documents took longer and it was getting closer to our deadline. It was a little stressful. If we were given all of the information upfront and what we needed, especially for an FHA loan, it probably would have been a little bit easier. But overall, they were very helpful. I even spoke with the underwriter or processor and she was wonderful. Everybody answered my questions appropriately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InterContinental Capital Group - CEO Dustin DiMisa?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I did a refinancing and InterContinental was the only one that would work with my credit scores. They’ve all been very positive and straightforward with me. I’ve done three loans with them now. They called me up and said, “You want to do another refinancing? Rates have dropped.” They gave me some quick numbers about what my current payment is and if I’m going to pay some things off. Then they basically say, “Okay. If we get your okay we’ll send you a document. Pick that up.” They were right on with the rates and I recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

InterContinental Capital Group reached out to me via their email. I thought it was from HUD, so I filled out the paperwork and then they called me. So their paperwork is a little misleading. Also, when I asked what the closing cost would be, the person I talked to said a few hundred dollars. A few hundred dollars is $300 to $400 and not more than $500. However, I had to bring $1,400 to the table. I was frustrated and considered not signing those papers specifically for that reason, but I ran some numbers and I figured it was better for me to go ahead with them.

I have an FHA loan and they dropped the interest rate half a point and it was worth it. The people at InterContinental have great personalities and they were very attentive as well. They, however, need to provide more clarification. If they're going to quote a price, they should make sure to give a little more accurate price. A couple of hundred dollars and $1,400 was a huge gap. Nevertheless, my experience with InterContinental Capital was pleasant and they did what they said they were going to do.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

InterContinental Group worked out the FHA less than a month ago and I got my house. Their loan officer was really good about the deal and she was very professional and knowledgeable. I had a good experience with them overall and I would recommend them to friends.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I wanted to do refinancing to have a lower interest rate. I went with InterContinental and their reps were pleasant. Miguel was pushy though, but Robert was very nice and helpful. The boss guy was very professional and I would most definitely do business with him again given the opportunity. The only disadvantage is that I’m in California and they’re all the way in New York City. But other than that, I would definitely use them again.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I am a first time home buyer and InterContinental was referred to me. The reps were friendly and knowledgeable but I didn’t feel that they helped me out a lot. The overall experience was all right.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I got a thing in a mail that looked like a Federal Express envelope, so I opened it and the info about InterContinental Group was there. It talked about my PMI, and I had an old one. It just seemed like the right time to do it, so I called them through the mail. I didn’t look around for other mortgage companies because I thought it was going to be a lot more difficult than it was so the InterContinental Group was the first and the only one I contacted. The interactions I had with the people working there were mostly very good.

My only complaint is that the rep exaggerated a bit about how much the house is worth. He said the house is worth 650 when it was actually 625. Then he said I was going to knock my house payments down $500 dollars, but it was $450. But he was very understanding and he handled it all. I work at a hospital and it’s hard for me to take personal phone calls during the day, and then, him being in New York. He was pretty gracious about me calling him later on in the evening and he was firm about not calling him after a certain time unless it’s an emergency, which is cool. The InterContinental team was very helpful and they got right on the job. I called them one evening and the ball started rolling, and it went pretty smoothly. The inspection wasn’t too brutal of the house. I’ve forgotten that there would be one and I got a favorable inspection evaluation. Overall, I was very happy with the service I got.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

InterContinental was the first to contact me. They found out that I was paying what I was paying through US Bank and then, they sent me a letter. I did some research on the company, making sure that they were legitimate and I decided to go with them. The process was quick, easy and painless. They answered any questions I had or got back to me if I leave a message for them. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

My experience with InterContinental was great. Everything about the company was decent and the loan officer answered all the questions I had.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I had a fantastic experience with InterContinental Capital Group and their process couldn’t have been better or easier. They have reviews about certain loans that fit my criteria and their rep, Gary, also had a few good reviews on Zillow. Gary was awesome. He kept me informed every step of the way. We’re in California and he’s in the East Coast, and he’d answer his phone. He always got right back to me if I had to leave a message, which was the best thing about him.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

We like Air One and they advertised InterContinental Capital Group, so we looked it up and went with it. Their loan officer was very professional and knowledgeable and everything went great. Overall, I enjoyed the decision by going with them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

InterContinental Capital Group was more willing to help me out than anybody else. They explained things better and gave me better options and more choices that worked out for me financially. Also, their loan officer was great and pretty straightforward.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I've known InterContinental Capital Group for years and I’ve had some friends do business with them before. InterContinental was very professional. I used to do mortgages for 10 years and I was in the industry myself and I knew that sometimes there is a lot of moving parts in what you can control and what others do in the processing, but there was never any hassle with InterContinental. It was an easy and a pleasant process. Whenever I get a chance, I always try to refer them. I tell my friends that they always do a good job.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I purchased my first home and I took a chance and went for InterContinental Capital Group. Their rep was great. I was freaking out a lot and she kept reassuring me by telling me to calm down. She took me step by step of what was going to happen and told me what certain things I didn't understand mean. So, everything was good and it was an awesome experience.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

About six weeks ago, we did refinancing with InterContinental. We have reverse mortgage and we don't have to worry about no insurance and no taxes 'cause it's all included. We learned about them through our broker. The loan officer was very good and professional. He explained everything and were patient with my mom, who is 82 now and a little slow. Mom and Dad already had a reverse mortgage from Financial Freedom but we were not happy with them at all. So, when my dad passed away, I told her to refinance and change everything. So, she did.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I just finished a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. I tried to apply for a mortgage with a normal a bank but they wanted more time between bankruptcy. I went to a website and filled in information. They called me and they gave InterContinental Capital Group's information to contact so I got an FHA mortgage from them. What made it funny was that I worked for Bank of America and they wouldn't work with me but ICG would.

I worked with Jason and Lauren. They were very thorough and they followed up with me constantly. Jason told me multiple times to reach out to him if I had any question going through the process. It was the first time I bought a house myself and they tried to guide me through some decision-making. We ended up buying a house that wasn't on the market. We bought it directly from the seller.

Jason told me that they would try to negotiate on my behalf to have them pay the closing cost but that didn't happen because it was typical in New York state that the buyers pay closing cost. It's more typical in some states that a seller pays the closing cost but in the New York state that's unheard of. It wasn't even something that would be entertained by most attorneys. But it's still nice that he was advising in my corner in a lot of the decisions that I made. He was buying a house at the same time as me. I was a wreck so I can only imagine that he was going through the same and still able to be supportive of me through the whole process. I was very pleased with their service. It has been convenient and I would not have been able to get the house without their support. So I was very happy.

Christopher,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. I wanted to thank you so much for your thoughtful review. Thank you for trusting us to help you out of a difficult situation and offer you a solution that no other company was able to.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I’m a first time home buyer and my friends suggested InterContinental Capital Group. My friends bought a house and they told me that if I go, the loan officer is going to help with everything. The loan officer was a very nice guy and he explained everything to me. He asked me for all the documents and I submitted them. The process took almost two or three months then he approved me. The company helped me very much.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I heard about InterContinental Group from a friend and we decided to try them for a new home purchase. Todd, the loan officer, was really good and there were no issues. The process took two months.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

InterContinental gave me the best interest in the mortgage and the best options than the other companies. Also, working with the loan officer was pretty good and smooth. It really worked out good with me. They set up everything and all the paperwork was fastened correctly, so there was no mistake. They guided me the right way and explained everything clearly to me, so I really appreciate that. It was a good and excellent service so, I'm really happy with the loan that I did with them.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I was buying a house and I went through Rob for the mortgage. He worked with me a couple years back so I knew him and InterContinental is the new company that he is working for. Rob was great and very helpful. Anytime I needed him, he was always around. I was new with buying a house and any question I needed answered, he answered. He was also very thorough with all his work and I can only speak highly of him. If Rob represents InterContinental, then they're excellent and I highly recommend them.

John,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. Thank you so much for your review. It is great to hear you were able to connect with us and we were able to provide you with excellent service.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

InterContinental had an appropriate mortgage for my situation, rate and down payment. I was buying a house and got a regular mortgage. The guidance I was given was helpful. I talked with one rep who told me all the requirements and documents I needed, and we worked through all that. In the end, we went under writing and there were some problems because they wanted us to put more down. It was an interesting process because we're on short sale. It took us six months, but it was more the lenders who were selling it on a short sale that took all the time and not necessarily InterContinental. Also, we worked that out and ended up closing the mortgage. If a friend asks about InterContinental, I'd tell them that they could probably work with them. They were accommodating and got the job done.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I have a friend in Bank of America and she told me about the InterContinental Capital Group. I got a mortgage with the group and they helped me a lot. Working with the loan officer was very good. He explained and told me everything. I recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My friend knew the guy who worked at InterContinental Group so I chose to work with them. I felt comfortable because she sent me there. John, the loan officer, was a nice guy. He explained to me everything such as how the process worked for the loan. He was very good and fast. It took only a month for them to finish it and everything went smoothly.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

The people I was working with at InterContinental were very nice and I fell in love with them. Melanie and Eric were awesome because they were patient, reassuring, and very attentive to my needs. My husband and I went first doing the VA portion but two days before, he had a stroke and they were very patient with the whole thing. I started this process last year and we were closing in August but I couldn’t because my husband was in a comma. Then, I had to do the VHA on my own since my husband passed and I restarted it in March. They would send me things that I would need to submit and I would submit it. They were there from the beginning, understood everything and worked with me. I've had a good and satisfying experience.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017
I heard about InterContinental from the real estate agent. When they introduced me, the person was very friendly, he helped us, and we went ahead with that.

However, many times it was "yes", "no", "keep this", "send us this", and it was a very lengthy application process. Many times I got too disappointed and many times got hope. It was very difficult, but the people were good and responsive. I'll definitely recommend them because I got my mortgage with them.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I did a refinance with InterContinental. It was just picked for me but their loan officer was okay. So far, I'm satisfied with the experience.

Regina,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. Thank you for your review and I am glad we were able to satisfy your home loan needs.

InterContinental Capital Group Company Information