toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

About six weeks ago, we did refinancing with InterContinental. We have reverse mortgage and we don't have to worry about no insurance and no taxes 'cause it's all included. We learned about them through our broker. The loan officer was very good and professional. He explained everything and were patient with my mom, who is 82 now and a little slow. Mom and Dad already had a reverse mortgage from Financial Freedom but we were not happy with them at all. So, when my dad passed away, I told her to refinance and change everything. So, she did.

I just finished a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. I tried to apply for a mortgage with a normal a bank but they wanted more time between bankruptcy. I went to a website and filled in information. They called me and they gave InterContinental Capital Group's information to contact so I got an FHA mortgage from them. What made it funny was that I worked for Bank of America and they wouldn't work with me but ICG would.

I worked with Jason and Lauren. They were very thorough and they followed up with me constantly. Jason told me multiple times to reach out to him if I had any question going through the process. It was the first time I bought a house myself and they tried to guide me through some decision-making. We ended up buying a house that wasn't on the market. We bought it directly from the seller.

Jason told me that they would try to negotiate on my behalf to have them pay the closing cost but that didn't happen because it was typical in New York state that the buyers pay closing cost. It's more typical in some states that a seller pays the closing cost but in the New York state that's unheard of. It wasn't even something that would be entertained by most attorneys. But it's still nice that he was advising in my corner in a lot of the decisions that I made. He was buying a house at the same time as me. I was a wreck so I can only imagine that he was going through the same and still able to be supportive of me through the whole process. I was very pleased with their service. It has been convenient and I would not have been able to get the house without their support. So I was very happy.

I’m a first time home buyer and my friends suggested InterContinental Capital Group. My friends bought a house and they told me that if I go, the loan officer is going to help with everything. The loan officer was a very nice guy and he explained everything to me. He asked me for all the documents and I submitted them. The process took almost two or three months then he approved me. The company helped me very much.

I heard about InterContinental Group from a friend and we decided to try them for a new home purchase. Todd, the loan officer, was really good and there were no issues. The process took two months.

InterContinental gave me the best interest in the mortgage and the best options than the other companies. Also, working with the loan officer was pretty good and smooth. It really worked out good with me. They set up everything and all the paperwork was fastened correctly, so there was no mistake. They guided me the right way and explained everything clearly to me, so I really appreciate that. It was a good and excellent service so, I'm really happy with the loan that I did with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InterContinental Capital Group - CEO Dustin DiMisa?

John,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. Thank you so much for your review. It is great to hear you were able to connect with us and we were able to provide you with excellent service.

Dustin DiMisa, CEO

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I was buying a house and I went through Rob for the mortgage. He worked with me a couple years back so I knew him and InterContinental is the new company that he is working for. Rob was great and very helpful. Anytime I needed him, he was always around. I was new with buying a house and any question I needed answered, he answered. He was also very thorough with all his work and I can only speak highly of him. If Rob represents InterContinental, then they're excellent and I highly recommend them.

InterContinental had an appropriate mortgage for my situation, rate and down payment. I was buying a house and got a regular mortgage. The guidance I was given was helpful. I talked with one rep who told me all the requirements and documents I needed, and we worked through all that. In the end, we went under writing and there were some problems because they wanted us to put more down. It was an interesting process because we're on short sale. It took us six months, but it was more the lenders who were selling it on a short sale that took all the time and not necessarily InterContinental. Also, we worked that out and ended up closing the mortgage. If a friend asks about InterContinental, I'd tell them that they could probably work with them. They were accommodating and got the job done.

I have a friend in Bank of America and she told me about the InterContinental Capital Group. I got a mortgage with the group and they helped me a lot. Working with the loan officer was very good. He explained and told me everything. I recommend them.

My friend knew the guy who worked at InterContinental Group so I chose to work with them. I felt comfortable because she sent me there. John, the loan officer, was a nice guy. He explained to me everything such as how the process worked for the loan. He was very good and fast. It took only a month for them to finish it and everything went smoothly.

The people I was working with at InterContinental were very nice and I fell in love with them. Melanie and Eric were awesome because they were patient, reassuring, and very attentive to my needs. My husband and I went first doing the VA portion but two days before, he had a stroke and they were very patient with the whole thing. I started this process last year and we were closing in August but I couldn’t because my husband was in a comma. Then, I had to do the VHA on my own since my husband passed and I restarted it in March. They would send me things that I would need to submit and I would submit it. They were there from the beginning, understood everything and worked with me. I've had a good and satisfying experience.

I heard about InterContinental from the real estate agent. When they introduced me, the person was very friendly, he helped us, and we went ahead with that.

However, many times it was "yes", "no", "keep this", "send us this", and it was a very lengthy application process. Many times I got too disappointed and many times got hope. It was very difficult, but the people were good and responsive. I'll definitely recommend them because I got my mortgage with them.

Resolution In Progress

Regina,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of InterContinental Capital Group. Thank you for your review and I am glad we were able to satisfy your home loan needs.

Dustin DiMisa, CEO

Original review: July 31, 2017

I did a refinance with InterContinental. It was just picked for me but their loan officer was okay. So far, I'm satisfied with the experience.

I was buying a new home and InterContinental Capital Group was the most willing out of the companies I spoke with to work with my situation. My husband is going through the immigration process right now and I have to qualify on my own so, it was complicated but the loan officer was great. He was good about getting back to me with all the answers immediately. If I sent him an email, he would call me. He was also very personable. So, I had a good experience with my loan process. It was an eight-week process and it wasn’t too bad. But I was a little bit perturbed at the end because they didn’t continue to hold the loan. They sell them to other companies which I wasn’t aware of. If I knew about it, I might have changed my mind. I ended up with Ditech versus InterContinental Capital but I haven’t had any problems with the transition to the new company. Overall, I had a good experience with ICG.

Rachelle,

My name is Dustin DiMisa, and I am the CEO of ICG. I cannot thank you enough for your review and for using our services again. The greatest compliment we can receive is a repeat customer. Thank you for being apart of the ICG family.

Dustin DiMisa, CEO

Original review: July 30, 2017

I had my first loan with InterContinental so I decided to finance it back and do it again with them. My loan officer and I work well together. I’ve known him for 6 years now and he's very pleasant, very fast, and knowledgeable. Overall, everything was very smooth. Whenever I'm to sell or whatever I'm going to do, I'm going to use them again.

Our mortgage broker referred us to InterContinental Group for a home purchase. German, the representative, was good and he worked hard in getting us the mortgage. He was always available and would answer questions right away and text questions back. If I have any questions, I could always text him and email him and he’d respond right away. He really pushed hard to move things through. It took four months to finalize the loan. The mortgage company itself and the person doing the loan messed up our paperwork the last minute. We had to adjourn our closing session one time. But it wasn’t German’s fault.

The rep that I had, wanted to take InterContinental Group so I got a new mortgage from them and they did a good job. I had excellent interactions with their loan officer and they also gave excellent guidance in discussing my options and making the decision. So far, it’s been an excellent experience and I would definitely recommend them.

InterContinental Capital Group gave me the best offer for refinancing. Sometimes I felt rushed during the interaction with the loan officer. He was busy. He tried to give us details on every single step of the process but he talked so fast. I wasn’t rushed to finish the process but there are a lot of details that not many people understand when you apply for a loan. With all these points in each section in the loan agreement, sometimes you’re not able to read everything, so we have questions. And then he has to go back and forth. He laid out for us that we are going to have to pay a specific amount of money at the end when we sign up which was fine. We already decided on the APR in the beginning and it's the same. But adding up the fees, cost at the end and the monthly payment was more than I thought it would be. I should have paid more attention to the details that he provided us.

There is an issue also about the escrow account because there is another title holder group. The new investor that has the loan now is going to be paying the escrow payment. There is another group that has the title or had the title before the new investor takes over. They’re already going to another escrow payment and I was sent a check by the initial investor for the amount of the money that was in the old escrow account.

ICG called me and they told to forward the check and authorize it to them because it’s in my name. I told them I already cashed the check and I’m going to send it to the new investor because they now have the loan. They need to make the escrow payment, so I deposited the check in my escrow account. Now there are two payments going to go out according to ICG, one from the new investor and one from this title holder group. When the payment is returned, it’s going to be reimbursed to the other group. It’s all settled now so we’ll see.

I had a deal with InterContinental Capital Group in the past and I was happy, so I refinanced with them this time. Their application process was good compared to others. The representative made it easier. I would recommend InterContinental so far.

We've been looking for a home for a year and a half where we almost had some people, whether it's a banker or realtor, talking down to us in a sense where it felt like we couldn't ask them any questions. There wasn't anything like that from the InterContinental rep so we were very comfortable. He was very responsive and prompt in terms of getting back to us so it was good. It was something that was important to us. It's a situation that they couldn't go wrong. InterContinental is a company who is responsive and they know what they're talking about. We signed everything electronically online and we had guidance through the process and what we would expect, any documents we needed to submit and it went on until we closed it. They seem very knowledgeable and there was a process from beginning down to the end.

Applying with InterContinental Capital Group was simple for the most part. They helped me every step of the way, so it was straightforward. We got everything done in timely fashion and I couldn't be happier.

I decided to call InterContinental Capital Group to see what it was about and they were very straightforward. They could tell you everything. I have not been in my house a whole year and usually you're not able to refi within that amount of time but they could do a streamline refinance with hardly any closing cost, no appraisal and no income to debt ratio. The application process was totally easy and I closed within three weeks. They sent a notary out to my house within the first few days to do all the application work, took it back with them, I did one DocuSign on the website and then within two and a half weeks the notary came out with the loan documents.

The loan officer was awesome. Everybody always says how they have to send the documents over and over again and I never had to. I submitted the documents to the loan officer once, he had them and we did everything by either email and phone calls. And as soon as he'd email me something, he'd call to explain it and we didn't have to do too much. He was very pleasant and straightforward. He broke down to me what I'm gonna be paying, he knew what he was talking about and he gave me a huge credit. I would never usually work with somebody all the way in New York. That's kind of scary but he gave me a good feeling. I would tell my friends to call them and try it. InterContinental Capital Group have honest staff and I'm very pleased with the service.

I sold my home in New York and bought this home in Connecticut. I went online looking for a mortgage, and Eve of the InterContinental Capital Group called me and discussed everything. Everybody was helpful. They tried to help me each and every way because I had a hard time getting a mortgage. Eve tried his best and did a great job. He walked me through everything step by step and explained it all to me. The whole process took me six months. It would have taken me two months, but I didn't get everything in time due to my end of it. But everything was great as far as faxing and communication. It was a wonderful experience and I would recommend a friend. They’re very helpful people.

I had a good experience with InterContinental Capital Group. I got a regular mortgage from them. I filled out the application and they were very helpful. I asked them if I had any problems and they explained it. All of our interactions have been positive. They make getting a mortgage simple. It was a pleasure doing business with them.

I got a mortgage loan from InterContinental and went with them because of their bureau rating. The application process went very smooth. I liked their professionalism, their timing, and how they got things done. I didn't have to give them the same thing over and over again. This is not my first mortgage, so I appreciated dealing with them. The representative got the job done quickly, and everything was taken care of in about two months. Mortgage was achieved and it was a good experience. I would recommend them to friends looking for a mortgage.

We refinanced to get a lower interest rate and InterContinental Capital Group was the bank they gave us. I had a couple come out and we did paperwork at my house. They didn’t take a lot of time. I’ve only paid one payment to InterContinental Capital Group so far but it was easy. I can call and pay my house payment over the phone without any extra charge, whereas most places charge extra.

I’m a first time home buyer and my brother who owns a real estate company put me through InterContinental Capital Group. My interaction with the loan officer went smooth. The guidance I received was also good. I wouldn't mind a lower interest rate but it is what it is. Overall, it was a professional experience and I’d recommend InterContinental Capital Group.

InterContinental offered a good rate so we refinanced with them. They also made the application process very easy for us. My husband and I work and it was very easy to talk to them on the phone and do email. The loan officer was very friendly too. He explained everything very thoroughly and quickly responded to my calls, texts and emails. My husband speaks mainly Spanish and the loan officer was able to explain everything to him in Spanish as well. I would recommend InterContinental Capital Group to friends and let them know that InterContinental has a very helpful and friendly staff.

The InterContinental Capital Group sent me a letter and I didn't know that was for refinancing because it had information on it about different things that I was eligible to do. They didn't send me a chat to ask if it was for a refinancing and there was no name of the bank in the letter. But their rep, Doug, was very nice and told me it's not going to cost me anything, so I said I wanted to try that. I applied for a regular mortgage and everything was done over the phone. They asked me for whatever they needed to know and I don't do too much things on the computer but my son helped me. They printed, faxed and sent some papers through the internet and we looked at them. Doug explained everything, I was in touch with him all the time and I was satisfied.

But when the time came for the closing and they said the notary public will come to my house to sign up the closing papers, they did not tell me in advance that I had to have money ready for that. A day or two before, Doug told me that I got to have a check for a hundred and some dollars and the name of the check was to the lawyer’s firm name. When the guy came in for signing the papers, I called Doug again and asked what the check was for and he said it was part of my escrow. I gave the check then everything was okay. I was very happy with InterContinental and they were very nice with me. But I don’t know why they sold my loan to Wells Fargo a few days after securing it. Then Wells Fargo sent me a letter saying I was with them now, that I didn’t have to worry about anything and that I had to send the check to them.

I did a refinance with InterContinental because of the offer of lower payment and my wife. I initially got a letter in the mail from them and it sounded like the best rates. The application was easy, except I didn't realize that I was basically buying the house again. So I didn't know that it would be that much paperwork. The entire process took a week and it seemed quick. There was a lot of information that I probably could have gotten together faster on my end but everything moved really fast. The mortgage broker was really on it.

The loan officer was professional and courteous. He gave me his office and cellphone numbers and anytime I needed to get a hold of him, he was there. He answered all my questions although he kept using his metaphor of bringing less to the table though and it kept throwing me off. Then I would just keep asking him what he meant. He also talked super fast and everything was really confusing. I would ask him to explain something and it was hard for me to understand.

In summary, it was surprisingly fast. It went from just something we're talking about to actually happening. Everything went smoothly, even with the notaries that they provided. It was convenient and I never had to do anything out of the house. The loan officer said we could back out at any time and I asked if he was sure because we've already had a notary but then, it was done. They said I had a few days to change my mind, but all I had to was sign. All in all, it worked out and it actually helped us get on top of some of our bills by not having to pay mortgage for that month.

I ended up buying a single-family home but when I first started looking, I was interested in buying a multi-family home. InterContinental was more lenient on giving me an FHA loan on a multi-family which is why I initially chose them, and then I liked the representative too so I stuck with them. The application process wasn’t difficult. They were also very helpful for me to understand everything, and answered all my questions. My attorney wasn’t so great, and he was very helpful to pick up the slack to help me understand everything that my lawyer really should have been helping me understand. And my lawyer went radio silent for a couple of weeks, and he helped advised me to push it along on my own since my attorney was non-existent. They were helpful through the whole process in helping me understand my options and all the terminology and what everything was.

The closing got prolonged because the first appraisal came in low and some repair stuff, but no fault of the mortgage company. It took quite a bit longer than it was originally supposed to but that was out of everyone’s control. And he was able to help me find a second appraiser and advised me on negotiating the price down to get the appraisal value. The experience was very helpful and professional. They went above and beyond to help me out as this is my first time purchasing a home.

InterContinental Capital Group Company Profile