Quibids.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have zero trust in this site... They are blowing up Craigslist with offers that are too good to be true. I am in the market for a new flat screen TV. I'm always looking for the best deal. So I came across a 60' Samsung in 'perfect condition' for $160. I immediately contacted the poster and they replied stating they just sold the TV but I can get a great deal on the same TV on quick-bids.com. And this Craigslist poster apparently bought 3 of them on quickbids. I didn't think nothing of it. I decided to check quickbids out, but I didn't open an account (luckily I was too busy at the time figure out how the site works). I then found another great deal for a 55" tv on Craigslist, again I emailed the Craigslist poster and I got the identical reply... Stating they just sold it but I can get it on quick-bids. So that's when I realized I'm dealing with a company that is crooked.

After my Craigslist experience with them and the reviews that I have read here, I'm very happy I didn't open an acct there. And I feel sorry for those of you that got ripped off. I would imagine you can't win the auctions and I would assume you're bidding against software. I'd say the odds of getting a good deal on their site are slim to none. I just wanted to share my experience. Thankful I didn't get scammed. Perhaps this company was once legit but they certainly aren't anymore. Hopefully this site gets shut down.

When I signed up for this service, they requested my credit card information before I could bid. Then they immediately charged my credit card $60 without any warning that I observed. I contacted customer support and they did a refund. Beware of this company, they are not being totally honest.

I am sorry so many of you lost money. I am writing this 11/08/16 and they have a notice on their site, your card will be charged $60.00, now. For those of you that have lost money on your credit cards, dispute the charge with the issuer of your card. Visa and MasterCard are good about getting your money back for you in arbitration. You don't have to live with fraudulent merchants like this and if you want to see they go out of business, this the quickest way. If their credit card processor won't do business with them anymore, how are they going to stay in business? If very many people ask for a reversal in charges because the company misrepresents itself then they will cancel their contract.

This is a HUGE scam!! I spent $60 on 100 (That's 60 cents per $1 folks.) "quipenny" bids and lost them all within 45 minutes and got NOTHING to show for it except disappointment and a waste of my time. It's impossible to win anything because you have 6 or 7 other "bidders" (I believe the other bidders are computer generated artificial intelligence) bidding on the same auction thus, returning the auction clock back to 10 seconds. This can continue for a extremely long time, as it did in my case, 45 minutes in 10 second increments. This is a game. A game of gamble like slots in a casino. Your chances of winning is slim to none. Don't fall for this like I did. Thanks. Sincerely, Sucker in South Carolina.

I think in the beginning it was okay. I was winning and when I didn't win I would switch over to buying gift cards so they actually got a lot of money for me. But the worst thing ever is two of the prizes that I did win and one of them I paid full price for the other one. I want a pretty good deal. They both came broken and by the time I open them and try them out it was too late. Was nothing I could do. I was in the middle of moving and they just didn't care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quibids.com?

I was told that I won a $50.00 Walmart Card, which I never received. You charged my account for $60.00 and I never got anything. What's up with that???

I tried to use the Quibids system to find deals. I found that it requires a great deal of time and loss of many bids (each costing money) to wind up with nothing if you don't have time and a large stash of bids (which costs money). After a year of inactivity, I realized I still had an account. I asked them to end my account and refund my money left on the account. By my estimation around $40. I was told it had been too long and I could only have the bids and no refund. I believe this constitutes theft! Regardless of how long it's been, I should still get whatever cash is represented by my number of bids. Don't use this company! They will find some way to steal your money!

So I just went to make a user name and all that on Quibids.com and after I entered my credit card number it just automatically charged my account 60 dollars. I had no idea. I've never even dealt with a website like this before that just charges your account without even letting you know. What a total SCAM!!!

Tried to buy from items from Craigslist. I sent out numerous emails, a lot of people said they sold the item but shared that they bought it off Quibids. Signed up with Quibids. Nowhere did they say they would charge my credit card. I found out they took $60 out of it. When tried to call numerous times they are "out of the office". Clearly a scam. Keep away.

This is a scam. Don't even try it. I lost money and you will too! They don't tell you that they are going to be charging your credit card as much as they do. It's impossible to win anything when you try and bid. The customer service is complete jerks too. DON'T TRY IT PEOPLE! COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY AND YOUR TIME!

I don't actually think the bidders on the site are real people. Like everyone else, I found the site. While not dishonest, Quibids isn't there to help you out either. I was able to win a Home Depot $25 card for $4 plus $5 shipping (everyone else with gift cards send a code). Never was able to win again. Quibids keeps people on their site by emailing a few free bids once a month or more. Okay no more Quibids for me. If it sounds too good to be true... By the way Quibids has a BBB accredited business logo on their home page bottom right corner. Unfortunately they are not accredited by the BBB. Oops.

This company is a fraud!!! Please don't waste your time and money! I lost $60 in 2 min because of their misleading information!!! You will never win auction because I believe it's a spam! STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE.

I have won several items ($30 & up) and even won one auction for $600. They run several auctions simultaneous but not always the same items because as bidders view the choices, it changes the picture and description of the active auction. The different items shown in the auction screen vary in price. It is one auction per item, but when you win, you have a selection of about 100 products for the equal price as the actual item you won. You can choose which item you want and pay the ending price for the auction. And when you register, it clearly states that you will be charged $60 to receive your first 100 bids. There are no hidden or sneaky attempts to "steal" your money or "commit fraud".

Today I was bidding on an auction for an item with list price of $593.40 and after placing 497 bids, I was distracted and it sold out from under me for $24.09 to a bidder that used 138 bids. However, I can use the bids against the retail price and purchase it for $432.00. I don't like their policy about "locking" bids for this particular reason. As long as you bid one time in 15-30 minutes (based on auction value), the auction remains open to you. And that does allow for jumpers. Their automatic bid (BidOMatic) is limited to 25 bids and you must constantly monitor it. Get distracted for few minutes and the item is gone! Yes it is a money-making machine for the people who own it and they have plenty of suckers like me that just keep on purchasing the bids and losing money.

So I was looking for a phone and I email this person and they to me try Quibids.com. I was like "Oh okay, sure, why not??" Then I thought it was like eBay where you put your credit card in and all that but it wasn't. It took 60 dollars from me, the money I was saving to get a new phone. Then I email them and this is what it said:

"We just wanted to let you know that we've received your email (#**). In order to get this handled for you quickly, make sure you only send us one email for this issue. Sending multiple emails for the same issue could significantly slow down our response time. If you are contacting us concerning a shipping issue, please be aware these can take up to five business days for a response. If you are requesting a return of an item within the 30 day return period, please keep the original packaging, as it is essential to the return process. Our support staff is available through live chat and email seven days a week, offering phone support Monday through Thursday from 9 am - 5 pm CDT and Friday 9 am - 4 pm CDT." WTF is all this about. Give me money back. I didn't say you can take it from me. Ugh, it makes me so mad.

They say you need to spend some time learning how Quibids works. Now I know; they just take your money. Stay away!

I joined Quibids even after being a little skeptical but I did read their terms and conditions where it mentioned.60 cent bids. I gave my credit card info thinking that if I won a bid it would be an easy checkout. I DID NOT realize that my card would be charged $60 at that point and further did not realize it until I made my first bid and noticed that I had 99 left. It is almost impossible to win bids on this site. This site is a scam. Eventually I got to where all I wanted to do was leave this site with SOMETHING to show for my money so I started bidding with my last few bids on cheap junk I thought nobody else would want and STILL got nothing. This website needs shutdown. STAY AWAY!!!

In QUIBIDS an Auction may involve several different products with different individuals bidding on each different product but the bids are all tallied together in the one Auction. To the individual, it appears he/she has a list of competitive bidders for that specific product. In reality the list (and bids) are from all of the individuals bidding on all the products associated to that Auction. E.G. 'Mary' made one bid on a kettle, is the only bidder for the kettle (and should have won the kettle) but 'Fred' bid on a toaster and 'Jack' bid on a gift certificate associated with that auction requiring 'Mary' to make a rebid on the kettle to stay in the Auction. To me an auction is bidding the highest for a single object by definition. You may compete in an auction for a table full of different products and when you win the auction you win ALL the products on the table. So what does QUIBIDS have if it is not an auction by definition?

I joined so I could see what products were available in the auctions. I didn't find any that were close to what they advertised. Then I realized that I just spent $60 to review what was being auctioned. The wording I read made me believe that the $60 was towards my first bid. Nope. That $60 is gone forever. Beware! If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I just wish I had Googled the negative reviews on this company, and there are so many, before I gave them my credit card #. Then after I bid on a stupid $50 shell card... they took my money, I didn't win the bid. They then said I could buy the $50 for $53.40... after they already took my money for bidding. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. COMPLETE RIP-OFF. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE

I joined so I could see what products were available in the auctions. I didn't find any that were close to what they advertised. Then I realized that I just spent $60 to review what was being auctioned. The wording I read made me believe that the $60 was towards my first bid. Nope. That $60 is gone forever. Beware! If it sounds too good to be true it probably is... I just wish I had Googled the negative reviews on this company, and there are so many, before I gave them my credit card #.

Like many people that have reviewed and posted here, signed up, "Bam!", sixty bucks gone. Which I didn't find out until reviewing my bank account. OK my fault, mistake once fool twice. Now for the bidding site. There is nothing to bid on that's worth any money. I can go to the dollar store and get this crap. I never ever saw or came across TVs, Tablets like they parade around in their ads to suck you in. I'm sure the owners that came up with this operation are enjoying your money. Don't you just love what anyone can do on the internet and get away with.

I spent over an hour on the Quibids site before I signed up researching to see how it worked. I understood that if I was to ever place a bid each bid would cost me $0.60, I was fine with that. It was explained in multiple places. So I signed up and looked around and did not find anything I was interested in bidding on. I thought I may check back on another day and perhaps they would have something for me. A couple days later I looked at my credit card bill and see I was charged $60 from Quibids. I never authorized this charge. From reading others complaints it appears I am not the only one.

I put this to the test and found that it's a fraud. Some people can get low priced items for lower than usual cost but anything that is more expensive is bought by people working for the site. I recently bid on an item and gave it 100 bids. It's funny how it sold one bid after me for 101 bids. I laughed and expected that. I then watched two other bids I have with the same person bidding on both items at the same time. Now they will say it's auto bidding. However, someone I know who works for the site indicated its rigged and I should not bid anymore. I will take his advice and won't waste my money any longer. Keep away from this fraudulent site.

Anyone thinking they can win on this auction site should have their head examined. I didn't sign up, but you can watch on their website as others bid away. Well, while watching the "action", I saw two items simultaneously count down to 1 second. At exactly the same moment, the same bidder's username popped up in two separate item windows. Using two computers? I doubt it. It's a scam and should be outlawed as such.

I joined Quibids yesterday and entered my credit card number and was immediately charged $60.00. This was about 10 minutes after I signed up. I emailed them and they said they would refund my $60.00 and then I said I wanted to cancel my account and asked how to do this. There is no cancellation at all. I requested this 4 times and no way can you cancel your account. This is a scam and I want out.

I read what I thought was an article about QuiBids, but when I re-read it, it was clear it was an advertisement. I fell for it. Everything at a fraction of the price and when you look at the recent sold item prices, $4 for an iPad air or $10 for a TV is ridiculously cheap. But as I know now, not the entire truth. Like so many others, did I not read the fine print regarding the initial $60 deposit; neither did I initially understand that each bid was $0.60.

But I'm not a dummy either. One of the first auctions I looked at was a 55" LED Smart TV that sold for under $10. Outrageous I thought, and that's where my brain kicked in and said, "Hey wait a minute. Something doesn't add up." Of course it doesn't. 1000 x 1 cent bids = $600 which is a fair price for the TV. HOWEVER you can only win if you keep bidding, because at some point the auction gets locked for the top bidders and only one can win. So in reality everyone pays for the TV but only one gets it. I think we called that 'Chinese auctions' where I'm from. The actual winner pay the current auction price + $.6 per bid which is less than MSRP. Misleading thing is that they list "Similar items sold at $3.74" but that price does not include the bidding fees.

Anyway, I don't have time to watch or play these games so I never placed a bid on anything and sent an email to customer service and had my $60 back on my credit card within 2 business days which is fair and normal practice (ever checked how long hotels and rental car companies keep your money?). The email confirmation was courteous and professional and I have had no issues. Since it to me, seems a little shady, one could suspect that there are items that never sell to real people. Since everyone pays $0.60 per bid it’s not a far-fetched scenario that I as the owner just make bids and have no loss since I'm paying myself, and then when I (the owner) win I could just list the same item again, and again, and again. I'm not saying it happens. I’m saying it very well could and no one could ever find out. Happy bidding.

Total rip off. Signed up and got charged $60.00 on my credit card. I see many others who got ripped also. Why is this company still in business???

Quibids took money off my credit card without asking and a customer service agent told me to go ** myself during our chat session. He refunding my money then kept leaving the chat and when I kept asking questions as to why I was charged without authorization he told me I was stupid and should read the fine print. So I asked him if he talks to his mother with that mouth and he replied with "no but I talk to your mother with this mouth while she's sucking my **." So I'm kind of curious how this man "Mike" is even employed with his ignorance. I've never been treated so badly from a company.

Never go here. They fake their prices for show then make you pay outrageous prices from the looks of it and they have intellectually challenged mongoloids working for them. I also told "Mike" I would have sued them if they didn't refund my money so he replied with (and I quote) "good luck doing that. I have your credit card number here with me and if you keep this up I will buy stocks with your money." I called my bank and cancelled my credit card. Thanks.

I found this site while reading the ad for cvs. I created an account but did not purchase any packages or vouchers. The steps to start bidding are clear. They charged me $60. I did play with the bidding but I didn't buy anything. I tried 5 times to contact them.

I actually used this site several years ago and I'm very surprised that it is still around. I only lost about $60 dollars on this site and I suppose I should be thankful for that. I really hope that this site is taken down because I can just imagine how many people this site is ripping off! I don't know how these people sleep at night. I remember when I called "Quibids" and asked for my money back or "credit" of some type. The operator that I spoke to wanted to help me and she was willing to work with me but the manager on the other hand didn't want to hear it and she said "Oh, your money is gone and you're not going to ever see it again!" I really hope that before anyone signs up for Quibids that they take the time to read the "fine print!" If something seems too good to be true, it usually is!

My wife used to bid with eBay and she tries this site and did not read enough. She lost her first bid after trying 12 times and a 60$ hold on credit card. She was shocked, she was never informed that bid would cost money. False marketing technique. Beware of this site...

Quibids.com Company Profile