1.14/5
Based on 122 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: March 8, 2018

126 QuiBids Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 8, 2018

Their policy states that after one year if any bids are left on a customer's account, the customer can request a refund. I did just that on the year mark. I had only used 5 bids. Reason I had not used any more than that is because I did not see anything on their site in which I wanted to bid. And of course, you can't see the auctions unless you have bought bids. That being said, I did not even get a response back after requesting a refund. Their contact information is very limited. No phone numbers in which to call and actually speak to someone.

So, I decided to use the bids. Used the 'bid-o-matic", in which you can only use 25 bids at the time. The timer is set for 10 seconds in between these automatic bids. As so, it is suppose wait the whole ten seconds before going on to the next bidder's "automatic bid". This did NOT happen! It seems as though their auctions are either hacked or are scams or both. I do NOT appreciate this and want all to know this. BEWARE before buying bids on this site!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I stumbled on QuiBids yesterday and to my surprise, I was already signed up and had a hundred bids sitting there. I played and won immediately. FIRST BID. I won a gift card. I played more and won more. I won playing vouchers and perfume. In addition, I won badges and more free bidding vouchers. Playing longer, I won again. I am trying to figure out how to out-think the program. I have not been able to yet. I have not received my winning items yet. It has only been one day.

I am snowed in and this is entertaining. My attitude is that if I went to the casinos, I would know that I could lose my money. This is the same thing. I feel my odds are better here than playing the lottery. I find it disconcerting that many of the reviewers expect to get something for nothing and not to pay for playing. If you do not understand that you may lose your bids and money, you should not be here on the internet. If you cannot afford to play to get the items you want, the safest way to obtain them would be to get a job and buy retail. JMHO.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

First, I'd like to thank ConsumerAffairs.com for being here to offer individuals an opportunity to share their experiences. I was lured into the QuiBids site while conducting other online bonafide shopping transactions from trusted retailers. Fortunately, I decided to check reviews before entering my credit card information and also, I have learned to at least skim read terms of use on sites that seem incredulous. My biggest loss is the time I spent evaluating whether or not this site was legit. I probed around many areas and ALL approaches led back to the same thing; you have to be a member to access. I could not even peruse the site to watch a live auction.

Finally, I signed up as a user and, when prompted to agree to Terms of Use before entering, I skimmed over the guidelines to see there were indeed a lot associated costs involved with the bidding process. I read enough fine print to know to proceed cautiously with due diligence. Still, I was curious as to what all the hype was about. The bait that lured me to the site came about when I typed "KitchenAid" into the Google search engine to do price and option comparisons. This site was in the first page of results and came accompanied with a video of a News release raging about getting phenomenal prices on name brand merchandise. Furthermore, the site was compared to the "likes" of eBay and other auction sites; touting that ALL of the merchandise purchased through QuiBids was brand new. No doubt, a dig at the other auction sites that sell both new and used items.

While exploring what I had available access to, I had these BIG ???'s in my mind; "are these individual sellers that pay a fee to the auction company to host their goods?", "are the products being hosted counterfeit?", "have the manufacturers signed some sort of contract that provides QuiBids some kind of outlet pricing; old product, imperfect, etc.?" I had lots of questions, but I wasn't finding any answers. I finally created an account to see if it would provide me any further details. Still, while it allowed you to input a product into their search engine and return results of some live auctions; there was a lot of ambiguity.

I typed in Ninja to find 4 live auctions; none with any activity yet were scheduled to close within 17 minutes. I clicked the one closing first (11 minutes) and as I had read in the TOS, the auctioned would not allow a bid. I looked at the next one, and it was a matter of... If you want to see how this works, you HAVE to input your credit card info and buy bids. Again, I was unsettled enough in not being able explore the business practices of this site; I questioned whether or not QuiBids was a phishing site set up to bait people into entering their credit card information, leading to identity theft. It was at that point I turned back to the web to find the answers not available on the site. A one star rating appears too good of rating for this company.

For those of you that have actually been financially impacted, I encourage you all to report your dealings and losses incurred to contact the FBI, Internet Crime Complaint Center and follow through with getting these scam artists shut down, and possibly incarcerated. https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx. Many thanks to those of you that have shared your experiences to help keep innocent victims from getting burned. And, as mentioned first thing, sites like ConsumerAffairs are a blessing; thank you again for allowing people to share both bad and good experiences.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I went to their site to see if they had a Mac computer. I had been shopping other sites for the best deal. I watched the bidding for a while on a couple of them, and decided to sign up so I could buy if I wanted. I did not know that they charged a signup fee, and I didn't read it in their agreements. Totally shocked to discovered my credit card had been debited for $50.00 (almost instantaneously to my signing up). I did not bid on any items, because I didn't understand how the money worked when bidding. I appeared to me, that they were keeping the money on the unsuccessful bids (i.e. keeping the money on losing bids). I discovered the thief of my Credit Card money Monday, and wrote them a email on their site to put it back on my CC. I wrote them a request yesterday again demanding repayment and gave them until this morning to do what is right. Writing this complaint is my first step. Wished I had looked here before signing up with them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Ok here's the scoop. A few friends of mine have used this website. They said that they were happy. I never heard of it so I quickly signed up. My friends' kids got some great deals. Here is the catch. You pay 60 cents for each bid placed. I'm guessing that is how they make their real money. They are in business to make money so it's in their best interest to keep their customers happy.

When I signed up they took money out of my credit card within a minute of registering. I was pissed to say the least. I tried to contact them but since it was after hours all I could do is send an email requesting a full refund. Would I get it? I didn't have a good nights sleep because they had my money and I had crap. Things were not looking good. The next day I get an email and from QuiBids saying that they would review the situation and would 458*- refund my money. An email is nice but refunding my money is nicer.

A few days pass and QUIBIDS lived up to their word. THEY REPLACED MY MONEY IN FULL! QuiBids did the right thing. Alex the QuiBids rep responded quickly. I know that there are a bunch of bad reviews on this website but I am 100% happy with their actions. They did the right thing and in my opinion they deserve a full 5 star rating.

Some tips. On the QuiBids website they say to watch the introductory video to see how this works. Watch it twice. Be smart when you bid because each bid costs 60 cents. Do a google search on how to bid and WIN, after all winning is what it's all about. When I have some free time I may give QuiBids another try. You definitely can get some great deals. FYI I don't work for QuiBids or have any connection to them. I already got my money back from them so I am just letting others know about my experience with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about QuiBids?

Original review: July 14, 2017

Won a purse valued at approximately $350 for approximately $130. Received the wrong purse which had a retail value for a lot less. Returned the purse twice and still after approximately 6 months total from first incident, have another wrong purse still needing to be sent back. They have promised the item several times yet to date nothing. Even got my law firm involved and they were sent a letter and no response. Now it is a certified letter and if that doesn't get their attention small claims court is next. I loved this company and have been a member since 2010. Now I'm upset, disappointed and down right mad that they are playing me...

Original review: July 7, 2017

I'm not sure if everyone is seeing a different promotional sign-up page than myself but it's pretty clearly stated that you'll be charged in order to begin placing bids. By no means am I saying that I've never ended up getting bent over by some shady companies. That said, if you're going to give out your card number to any company, it literally took all of 10 seconds to open a new tab, type in "is Quibids a fraud". See everyone's negative experiences. In turn, helping me make an easy decision to avoid this company. I am sorry to see so many being taken advantage of but seriously, if you came across some stranger on the corner telling you he could get you unbelievable deals on whatever, would you give him/her your credit card info, your personal information and expect everything will be sunshine...

Original review: June 6, 2017

I was charged $60 for bids after entering my debit card information. For anyone living in California that has been subjected to this, please contact the California Consumer Affairs and inform them of the charge. It is against the law in California for a company to charge your card without meeting the criteria spelled out in California Business Code, Article 2. Any company doing business online in California is required to have billing information and what you are being charged clearly and in the same font as the rest of the ad, it is required to let you know you are being charged prior to the charge. And it is required to provide refund information prior to charge. Please send complaints to California Consumer affairs so we can put a stop to this scam.

Original review: May 12, 2017

When I opened the account I put $150 on it, I won 2 gifts cards from Home Depot, 1 was for 2.13, and the other was 3.13, I went on and checked out on those 2, I tried a little on 2 other things, but didn't get anywhere on them, so I stopped. The next evening I went to the site, and my account had been disabled. All my money was gone, all my bids that I paid for was gone, 1 of the gifts cards I won has been refunded so far, but that is it, I have just sent them an email telling them I want the rest of my money refunded, all of it. Please don't mess with this site. THIS JUST HAPPENED ON 5/10/17/, AND 5/11/17.

Original review: May 8, 2017

Be warned! Just like eBay and other similar site, it looks like you need to add your credit card to begin bidding with the assumption that they will charge you when you make a bid. Nope! They immediately charge you $50 as a beginning credit to start bidding. I've asked for a refund, and hopefully they'll respond soon!

Original review: March 9, 2017

I won 2 bids on QuiBids. The total for the two bids was $0.09 cnt... They charged me $18.00 for something, maybe for processing and mail. Then tried to charge my Visa 3 other charges that combined to be over $100.00. Then they sent me an email saying I had not paid the $0.09 cnt for the bids. They then sent me another email saying that the time limit to pay the 0.09 cnt was over and I had lost the bid. This is a SCAM... Please do not use these ripoff artist. They need to be in prison for a felony.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I signed up not knowing I was going to be charged. I emailed, said I wanted my money back. The next day I checked and my account had been deleted. I called to see what had happened and they said that the money would be returned within 3 days. I had good customer service, and quick reply. Yes there should be more warning on the money being taken. But the customer service was quick, and very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Subscribed with them circa 4 years ago but never play with them until last week to spend more than $200 and I have won 2 items of a valued $80 but they have blocked my account for no reason. I send more email, nothing. I have to call on the phone, it hooks me. There is Ace who told me "I have no reply to give you. Done what you have to do" then tells me that I am imbecile then are hook. Really are scams.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

They take $60. If you don't win you lose your money, what kind of crab is that? Then I purchase a Walmart card for 38 that is suppose to have a 50, and they took already the 60 so I wind up paying 98 for a $50 card? That's full of crab. What would I wind up paying double? Horrible service! Terrible customer service. They don't care about that you lost your money. They are so terrible. Please, if you want my advise do not use this website if you don't want to lose your money! Very disappointed!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I just signed up for Quibids a few minutes ago. No bidding was made and I was automatically charged $60. THIS IS A SCAM OF A BUSINESS. They will not answer their phone at 855-784-2437 and it was during business hours. DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME. I am disputing this charge on my card.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

I bid on 2 different items and won them. I ordered two other items and I received them within a few days. The ones that I won show billing info. Received and no shipping info. Talked to customer service and still don't show that they have shipped. They say it is the vendor... So it that is true don't order anything with Kocaso. I have not received either item. Also, always pay with PayPal...

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

I am sorry I did not read the reviews before I spend my $60. I expired the same thing most of you did. They charge my card immediately for $60 and I got nothing in return. So this is what I figured out. If an item cost $300 (regular price). They need 5 people to bid on the item at $60, so once they have achieved the $300.00 or more in some instance, they release the item. So in essence, everyone that loses the bid has helped to pay for the item that someone else wins. This is a very dishonest business, especially for poor people like myself who may only have the one $60 and is looking for a chair for Xmas. This site should be banned!! Do not waste your money.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I have zero trust in this site... They are blowing up Craigslist with offers that are too good to be true. I am in the market for a new flat screen TV. I'm always looking for the best deal. So I came across a 60' Samsung in 'perfect condition' for $160. I immediately contacted the poster and they replied stating they just sold the TV but I can get a great deal on the same TV on quick-bids.com. And this Craigslist poster apparently bought 3 of them on quickbids. I didn't think nothing of it. I decided to check quickbids out, but I didn't open an account (luckily I was too busy at the time figure out how the site works). I then found another great deal for a 55" tv on Craigslist, again I emailed the Craigslist poster and I got the identical reply... Stating they just sold it but I can get it on quick-bids. So that's when I realized I'm dealing with a company that is crooked.

After my Craigslist experience with them and the reviews that I have read here, I'm very happy I didn't open an acct there. And I feel sorry for those of you that got ripped off. I would imagine you can't win the auctions and I would assume you're bidding against software. I'd say the odds of getting a good deal on their site are slim to none. I just wanted to share my experience. Thankful I didn't get scammed. Perhaps this company was once legit but they certainly aren't anymore. Hopefully this site gets shut down.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

When I signed up for this service, they requested my credit card information before I could bid. Then they immediately charged my credit card $60 without any warning that I observed. I contacted customer support and they did a refund. Beware of this company, they are not being totally honest.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

I am sorry so many of you lost money. I am writing this 11/08/16 and they have a notice on their site, your card will be charged $60.00, now. For those of you that have lost money on your credit cards, dispute the charge with the issuer of your card. Visa and MasterCard are good about getting your money back for you in arbitration. You don't have to live with fraudulent merchants like this and if you want to see they go out of business, this the quickest way. If their credit card processor won't do business with them anymore, how are they going to stay in business? If very many people ask for a reversal in charges because the company misrepresents itself then they will cancel their contract.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2016

This is a HUGE scam!! I spent $60 on 100 (That's 60 cents per $1 folks.) "quipenny" bids and lost them all within 45 minutes and got NOTHING to show for it except disappointment and a waste of my time. It's impossible to win anything because you have 6 or 7 other "bidders" (I believe the other bidders are computer generated artificial intelligence) bidding on the same auction thus, returning the auction clock back to 10 seconds. This can continue for a extremely long time, as it did in my case, 45 minutes in 10 second increments. This is a game. A game of gamble like slots in a casino. Your chances of winning is slim to none. Don't fall for this like I did. Thanks. Sincerely, Sucker in South Carolina.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2016

I think in the beginning it was okay. I was winning and when I didn't win I would switch over to buying gift cards so they actually got a lot of money for me. But the worst thing ever is two of the prizes that I did win and one of them I paid full price for the other one. I want a pretty good deal. They both came broken and by the time I open them and try them out it was too late. Was nothing I could do. I was in the middle of moving and they just didn't care.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I was told that I won a $50.00 Walmart Card, which I never received. You charged my account for $60.00 and I never got anything. What's up with that???

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

I tried to use the Quibids system to find deals. I found that it requires a great deal of time and loss of many bids (each costing money) to wind up with nothing if you don't have time and a large stash of bids (which costs money). After a year of inactivity, I realized I still had an account. I asked them to end my account and refund my money left on the account. By my estimation around $40. I was told it had been too long and I could only have the bids and no refund. I believe this constitutes theft! Regardless of how long it's been, I should still get whatever cash is represented by my number of bids. Don't use this company! They will find some way to steal your money!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

So I just went to make a user name and all that on Quibids.com and after I entered my credit card number it just automatically charged my account 60 dollars. I had no idea. I've never even dealt with a website like this before that just charges your account without even letting you know. What a total SCAM!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

Tried to buy from items from Craigslist. I sent out numerous emails, a lot of people said they sold the item but shared that they bought it off Quibids. Signed up with Quibids. Nowhere did they say they would charge my credit card. I found out they took $60 out of it. When tried to call numerous times they are "out of the office". Clearly a scam. Keep away.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

This is a scam. Don't even try it. I lost money and you will too! They don't tell you that they are going to be charging your credit card as much as they do. It's impossible to win anything when you try and bid. The customer service is complete jerks too. DON'T TRY IT PEOPLE! COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY AND YOUR TIME!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2016

I don't actually think the bidders on the site are real people. Like everyone else, I found the site. While not dishonest, Quibids isn't there to help you out either. I was able to win a Home Depot $25 card for $4 plus $5 shipping (everyone else with gift cards send a code). Never was able to win again. Quibids keeps people on their site by emailing a few free bids once a month or more. Okay no more Quibids for me. If it sounds too good to be true... By the way Quibids has a BBB accredited business logo on their home page bottom right corner. Unfortunately they are not accredited by the BBB. Oops.

Original review: July 5, 2016

This company is a fraud!!! Please don't waste your time and money! I lost $60 in 2 min because of their misleading information!!! You will never win auction because I believe it's a spam! STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I have won several items ($30 & up) and even won one auction for $600. They run several auctions simultaneous but not always the same items because as bidders view the choices, it changes the picture and description of the active auction. The different items shown in the auction screen vary in price. It is one auction per item, but when you win, you have a selection of about 100 products for the equal price as the actual item you won. You can choose which item you want and pay the ending price for the auction. And when you register, it clearly states that you will be charged $60 to receive your first 100 bids. There are no hidden or sneaky attempts to "steal" your money or "commit fraud".

Today I was bidding on an auction for an item with list price of $593.40 and after placing 497 bids, I was distracted and it sold out from under me for $24.09 to a bidder that used 138 bids. However, I can use the bids against the retail price and purchase it for $432.00. I don't like their policy about "locking" bids for this particular reason. As long as you bid one time in 15-30 minutes (based on auction value), the auction remains open to you. And that does allow for jumpers. Their automatic bid (BidOMatic) is limited to 25 bids and you must constantly monitor it. Get distracted for few minutes and the item is gone! Yes it is a money-making machine for the people who own it and they have plenty of suckers like me that just keep on purchasing the bids and losing money.

QuiBids Company Information