2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.09/5

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

QuiBids Reviews

Original review: April 22, 2020

So, I have Quibids for several months in 2019 and a couple of more here in 2020. Unfortunately, it is very addictive for me and I have lost a lot of money or bought a lot of gift cards! Here are a few of my observations:

1. There are way too many people that seem to have unlimited voucher bids to use. One can determine this by observing and monitoring certain bidders OR using one of the bid services like BidPanther or BidNinja. I have observed people spending hundreds of bid to win a 15 bid auction. I have seen on BidNinja where some people have tens of thousands of voucher bids...one even had 210,000. How in the world could someone acquire that many bids?! I have observed a bidder who allegedly just signed up that day use hundreds of voucher bids and the bidders history shows he has never won anything.

2. The time frame for locking out bidders seems to have been extended. For example, last year $50.00 gift card auctions were won at a price between $3 and $5.00. Now they aren't even locked until the price is at least $4.00 and quite often not until $5+. I've seen these auctions go for over $20.00 now.

3. It is quite obvious that many of the so-called "Power Bidders" are using an autobidder. There will be one bidder bidding on more than 5 auctions but not using the Bid-o-matic. All the bids are entered at the last possible second and at the exact point where someone's bid-o-matic stops. No way this could be done manually. Quibids either can't or won't do anything about this.

4. Quibids hasn't updated their website in years and still advertises gameplays and other features that no longer exist.

5. Quibids continues to offer a way for Power Bidders to continue to dominate the auctions by selling the Bid Busters. Since they have huge amounts of voucher bids they will almost always win the auction and have even more opportunities to bid on auctions.

6. Quibids is like gambling in that as a regular bidder you are not going to come out ahead. You ARE going to lose money...unless you have incredible self-control. From information obtained from the bidding services, even moderately successful bidders only have a win percentage of 20-30%. The power bidders on the other hand are winning hundreds or thousands of dollars a day.

7. Of course the million dollar questions are: How do we know this operation is legit? How do we know these power bidders aren't "Sticks" (an old carnival term for people hired to pretend they are playing and winning a carnival game to draw in more people). The answer is: you can't. So bid at your own risk.

8. Quibids almost never offers an item for sale now without including "voucher bids" as part of the item. So, if you bid on a $50 gift card you are also bidding for the 35 voucher bids that come with it. The idea that voucher bids are free is ludicrous at best. You either bid on a voucher bid auction or you pay for them if you win a gift card auction. Lastly, the real bids you used to bid on an auction are returned to you as voucher bids if you lose...so you bought those too.

9. Quibids doesn't offer hardly any products to win. Their selection of prizes is very limited to the same old gift cards they have been offering for years.

10. You do not see all auctions all the time. The web page will refresh on its own and an auction will disappear. If you refresh again, it will reappear. So, in some way they are regulating what auctions you can see and bid on.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I have been a player almost since inception. I avoid many players, that I keep data on. I have noticed recently since fewer auctions are available and they are not 24 hours any longer, that some players are ALWAYS playing.I cannot see how this is logical. Does Quibids USE prop or house bidders for Quibids benefit? With recent changes quibids implemented it is difficult to avoid extreme POWER players. These are players that have huge amounts of voucher bids stored, that make it impossible for new and small players to win. I have seen power players use 400 voucher bids to win a 50 voucher auction (obviously for intimidation).

In all fairness to novices the site needs to limit amount of auctions played along with number of wins. The costs on winning auctions allowing a player to go above 12 auction win in a 28 day getting costlier for veteran players that are playing always. New players will keep the site stronger and allow novices a better chance to avoid the skilled players like myself. Except I rarely bid on bid buster auctions. I enjoy the site and playing, but I restrict myself because I am aware how costly some auctions are. (I avoid) and especially around 25 power players who will play to win at ALL costs. I am willing to assist any new player if there were a forum, my suggestion to new players thinking of playing (Don't). Good luck.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

Quibids is a total sham. They lure you in with "real" winning bids on great stuff but those are not real bids. They have their own people or machines controlling some of the bids, then advertise those as "real" winning bids on their site. They'll let new users win their first bid to get them hooked, then after that users get screwed over. DO NOT USE QUIBIDS!!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I signed up and got charged $60.00 which they did not tell me about to my card. Be careful, I thought I was just putting in my information and they charged me without telling me first. Also, when I submitted my info online, it said an error occurred and that it did not take my payment method (which is a visa debit card). Apparently it did take my card because I got an unauthorized charge of $60.00. Luckily my bank (CItizens) has great fraud alert and they alerted me like 5 minutes after the charge occurred. I now have to close out this bank account and get a new one because I don't trust what this crazy site will do with my information.

Some would say my own fault for not checking it out in advance. I definitely learned a lesson that not all sites are legit like Amazon, some of these little ones are really out to scam you. Be careful everyone and I do not recommend this site. If you have put your info in, check your bank account for random charges that you did not authorize. Don't trust a site that charges you $60 to sign up without telling you that they are charging you!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Wow! QuiBids has REALLY gone downhill since I signed up. They use to have some great auctions and a lot of $50 gift card auctions. I've won Movado and Seiko watches, Acer laptops, Nikon and Sony cameras. Awesome ceiling fans, camping equipment etc. They use to offer 30-40 $50.00 Gift card auctions a day. Now they offer more 250 bid auctions than those gift cards.

I too have witnessed collusion from two bidders. It was so obvious that anyone could have seen it. I wrote to them a few times about it and got the same story. Their auction offerings of some nice products have drastically gone downhill. Also, I would always look up the retail value of items I was bidding on to verify their retail price and what others charged was comparable. That is no longer the case. Their retail price for items is at least 30-50 dollars higher on $100 auctions. Sometimes over $200.00 higher on the more expensive auctions. Very sad. It looks like they're going to go belly up soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about QuiBids?

Original review: July 16, 2019

I signed a few days ago and all of a sudden, they took 118.00+ for no reason. I didn’t win any bid at all but they just surprised me with an unknown charge! If they are charging me for registration, that’s too much! There are so many auctions company out there that do not charge anything upon registration! This company is fishy, avoid!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Once upon a time QuiBids was wonderful. I win all types of things like rotisserie oven, Rachael Ray pot set, glass cookware, Cuisinart coffee maker, Cuisinart food processor, furniture, bed sheets, comforters, all types of $50-$100 gift cards. I even win a KitchenAid stand mixer with one bid. Practically everything in my kitchen came from QuiBids. They had good quality stuff. They would have 14 auctions going at the same time. Now there is only 3 or 4 auctions going at one time and what you're bidding on is more bids or a $15.00 Walmart card.

I do believe QuiBids has hired other people to bid against regular people driving up the price to make QuiBids more money. I also notice certain names of people bidding against everyone else but won't bid against each other then these people vanish, only to have 2 or 3 new people doing the same type of bidding. I guess they had to change shifts. But, if you just watch and pay close attention, these people stick out like a sore thumb. Shame on you QuiBids. You were fair, but now you're a fraud.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Months ago, I noticed two bidders in collusion to win auctions. They alternated bids against the other bidders, and never bid against each other. It became very obvious as I saw this in many other auctions with the same two bidders. This is clearly against the Quibids policy. I reported this and was told that the information was sent to their compliance department. Nothing changed. I emailed again, only to be told that their compliance department was investigating and had "high sophisticated" methods of discovering collusion. When I emailed again after more months, I was told basically to stop emailing them.

The complaint was sent on, and there was nothing else that they could do. I wrote to the CEO, the Compliance department, wrote a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, and still nothing was done. I subsequently found out that other bidders had also complained about these same two bidders, to no avail. As I write this, they are still colluding in auctions and cheating other bidders out of winning.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I signed up, they took $60, I tried bidding on items, that seemed to be run by bots. Never won a single thing, lost my $60 without ever spending or receiving a thing. I went back a few times to try again, but it seemed to be impossible to win anything, and many times the ending bid was the same as the regular selling price. Why did I waste my time and why did they scam me out of my money?

Original review: April 17, 2019

I signed up for Quibids today after visiting the site for a weeks now and checking out how things work. I'm very pleased with my overall experience so far. I think some people who have visited the site maybe have misunderstood how things work or misconceptions about what they should expect. Basically, these are penny auctions. You bid on different items and the highest bidder at the end of it wins. It cost, at least at the moment 60 dollars to sign up. Do not sign up and enter your credit card information if you are not prepared to be charged 60 dollars. You will be charged as soon as you sign up.

Once you're signed up however, now it takes some skills. If you see a laptop going up for auction, you can't simply think you're going to be able to place all your bids on it and win. There's plenty of seasoned veterans on this site who know what they are doing better than any newcomer and are probably sitting on tons of free bids. Before you start bidding, watch different auctions. Look for patterns in how people bid. Which items tend to go for really high amounts and which ones go for only a few bids.

I've been at it for a few hours, I've won three items worth about 90 dollars for only 0.04 cents, used about half my bids and won some free bids in the process. If you don't want to spend 60 dollars to get started, don't sign up at all. And if you're not willing to show some patience and learn what you're doing you won't have any of the results you want. If you think you'll just score some cool stuff for a couple of bucks in the first 15 minutes on the site, you're going to have a bad time.

If you actually want to get into penny auctions and want to take the time to learn the site, it's a good one. It's going to take some getting used to. I'm sorry for the people who have had bad experiences with the site, but I think from what it sounds like it's a good amount of people not understanding how Quibids actually works. Four stars, issues might still come up, but so far a really good experience.

QuiBids Company Information