Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.27/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

QuiBids Reviews

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Wow! QuiBids has REALLY gone downhill since I signed up. They use to have some great auctions and a lot of $50 gift card auctions. I've won Movado and Seiko watches, Acer laptops, Nikon and Sony cameras. Awesome ceiling fans, camping equipment etc. They use to offer 30-40 $50.00 Gift card auctions a day. Now they offer more 250 bid auctions than those gift cards.

I too have witnessed collusion from two bidders. It was so obvious that anyone could have seen it. I wrote to them a few times about it and got the same story. Their auction offerings of some nice products have drastically gone downhill. Also, I would always look up the retail value of items I was bidding on to verify their retail price and what others charged was comparable. That is no longer the case. Their retail price for items is at least 30-50 dollars higher on $100 auctions. Sometimes over $200.00 higher on the more expensive auctions. Very sad. It looks like they're going to go belly up soon.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I signed a few days ago and all of a sudden, they took 118.00+ for no reason. I didn’t win any bid at all but they just surprised me with an unknown charge! If they are charging me for registration, that’s too much! There are so many auctions company out there that do not charge anything upon registration! This company is fishy, avoid!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 11, 2019

Once upon a time QuiBids was wonderful. I win all types of things like rotisserie oven, Rachael Ray pot set, glass cookware, Cuisinart coffee maker, Cuisinart food processor, furniture, bed sheets, comforters, all types of $50-$100 gift cards. I even win a KitchenAid stand mixer with one bid. Practically everything in my kitchen came from QuiBids. They had good quality stuff. They would have 14 auctions going at the same time. Now there is only 3 or 4 auctions going at one time and what you're bidding on is more bids or a $15.00 Walmart card.

I do believe QuiBids has hired other people to bid against regular people driving up the price to make QuiBids more money. I also notice certain names of people bidding against everyone else but won't bid against each other then these people vanish, only to have 2 or 3 new people doing the same type of bidding. I guess they had to change shifts. But, if you just watch and pay close attention, these people stick out like a sore thumb. Shame on you QuiBids. You were fair, but now you're a fraud.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Months ago, I noticed two bidders in collusion to win auctions. They alternated bids against the other bidders, and never bid against each other. It became very obvious as I saw this in many other auctions with the same two bidders. This is clearly against the Quibids policy. I reported this and was told that the information was sent to their compliance department. Nothing changed. I emailed again, only to be told that their compliance department was investigating and had "high sophisticated" methods of discovering collusion. When I emailed again after more months, I was told basically to stop emailing them.

The complaint was sent on, and there was nothing else that they could do. I wrote to the CEO, the Compliance department, wrote a complaint to the Better Business Bureau, and still nothing was done. I subsequently found out that other bidders had also complained about these same two bidders, to no avail. As I write this, they are still colluding in auctions and cheating other bidders out of winning.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I signed up, they took $60, I tried bidding on items, that seemed to be run by bots. Never won a single thing, lost my $60 without ever spending or receiving a thing. I went back a few times to try again, but it seemed to be impossible to win anything, and many times the ending bid was the same as the regular selling price. Why did I waste my time and why did they scam me out of my money?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about QuiBids?

Original review: April 17, 2019

I signed up for Quibids today after visiting the site for a weeks now and checking out how things work. I'm very pleased with my overall experience so far. I think some people who have visited the site maybe have misunderstood how things work or misconceptions about what they should expect. Basically, these are penny auctions. You bid on different items and the highest bidder at the end of it wins. It cost, at least at the moment 60 dollars to sign up. Do not sign up and enter your credit card information if you are not prepared to be charged 60 dollars. You will be charged as soon as you sign up.

Once you're signed up however, now it takes some skills. If you see a laptop going up for auction, you can't simply think you're going to be able to place all your bids on it and win. There's plenty of seasoned veterans on this site who know what they are doing better than any newcomer and are probably sitting on tons of free bids. Before you start bidding, watch different auctions. Look for patterns in how people bid. Which items tend to go for really high amounts and which ones go for only a few bids.

I've been at it for a few hours, I've won three items worth about 90 dollars for only 0.04 cents, used about half my bids and won some free bids in the process. If you don't want to spend 60 dollars to get started, don't sign up at all. And if you're not willing to show some patience and learn what you're doing you won't have any of the results you want. If you think you'll just score some cool stuff for a couple of bucks in the first 15 minutes on the site, you're going to have a bad time.

If you actually want to get into penny auctions and want to take the time to learn the site, it's a good one. It's going to take some getting used to. I'm sorry for the people who have had bad experiences with the site, but I think from what it sounds like it's a good amount of people not understanding how Quibids actually works. Four stars, issues might still come up, but so far a really good experience.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Quibids charged me $50.00 for services and I don't know what for yet. All I wanted to do was see what they had for sale. You have to sign in to see anything. You have to sign in to contact anyone and that is only by email. I would never pay anyone $50.00 to bid if this is what they are charging me for. In my checking account there was a phone number 1-855-784-2437. No one will answer or a busy signal. So I contacted Quibids by email and never heard anything from them. This site needs to be taken down. They are bunch of frauds...

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Hi, I too, was taken by surprise at being charged when signing up. I read reviews of QuiBids and was horrified about not being reimbursed. However, I sent an email and was responded to in a timely manner. Three days later I was refunded my $40 dollars. I feel obligated to tell a good story about them.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Charged $50 bucks to sign up, can't find anything until you put your card info in then wow they take it off card. Try to call at 9:30 am and get, "We are out of office. Please call after 9:00 am." I want my money back on my card and will do whatever I have to do to get it.

Original review: June 16, 2018

SCAM ALERT. DO NOT USE QUIBIDS!!! Entire process from start to finish is a scam. They promote the bid process first with no explanation of the process. They hide the ways to learn anything about the process. They pretend to have a video to play to learn the process but the video doesn't play. They encourage you try it out anyway. They make the purchase process seem like it hasn't happened then when you learn that you have accidentally purchased a number of bids (which still remains unexplained as to just how you did it or what this means) they refuse to return the money. When you send a complaint in to them they wait a week to ten days to respond and their only response is to say that it would be unfair to the bidders who do know what they were doing to credit your bank back as if this has anything to do with other people on the site. The whole thing is a scam. Do not use QuiBids!!!

QuiBids Company Information