2. Shopping
  3. Jewelry Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.17/5

Citizen Watches Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citizen Watches?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Citizen Watches?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

When one of the link pins in my Citizen Eco-Drive watch stopped working, it was surprisingly difficult to fix. At 9:01 am EDT on 12 July 2019 I tried calling (905) 415-1100 to try to reach Customer Service, to request a replacement watch link. I was put in a queue, and amongst numerous announcements I was invited to arrange a callback; however, I was also continually reminded that my estimated wait time was "zero minutes", so I kept waiting. Confusingly, the message also said "We are experiencing greater than normal call volume" -- this made little sense with an estimated wait time of zero. After nearly 20 minutes I gave up.

Later that morning when I reached an agent, there was no sincere expression of interest in fixing this. The agent did take my order and said that the watch link was in stock. Six hours later I got a voicemail saying that they had made a mistake and the link wasn't in stock. They said that they would get in touch when the link was next in stock.

They didn't. My followups later in the year, and this year, were frustrating. Recent example: when I rang on 3 January 2020, I was told that my link was "on backorder". When I pointed out that six months had passed and counting, there was a pause and then "Um, actually it's here and ready for pickup". When I asked for the link to be shipped, the response was no, there was a problem with their computers... and that I should call next in ten days to request for the link to be shipped then. There are too many examples like that to write here. But it's worth mentioning that when I called on 13 January, the price they tried to bill me was also incorrect and it took twenty-five (25!) minutes for the telephone agent to successfully input the correct price in their system.

When the watch link arrived on 27 January 2020, it worked well. In fact the whole Eco-Drive product itself has worked relatively well for many years and I'm grateful for the craftsmanship. But I would never buy a Citizen watch again, and even the next time my watch breaks I might just chuck it rather than seek a repeat of this 6-month ordeal. Someone else I know went through a similar run-around with Citizen, so my experience isn't unique.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I purchased cb5848-57l and it is defective. It is impossible to tell time when it is dark conditions. All I get excuses from customer service but no help to solve. I also get inaccurate information regarding AEHUT LL dealership who also refuses to help or exchange for watch with digital display light JY8101-52l.

Get buying tips about Jewelry Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Bought a new Citizen watch and after about 2 weeks noticed that it was losing time (around 25 minutes). I reset the watch and monitored it and found it was in fact losing approximately 15 minutes per week. Returned it to the shop and they sent it to citizen for repairs. Around 4 weeks later I got a message stating that the watch was faulty (go figure) and that it would take up to 45 days to repair. Turns out that Citizen have had my watch for longer than I did. It was not an expensive watch and for the life of me I cannot understand why they did not just replace it rather than make me wait months for repairs.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I purchased a Citizen “CC7005 – 16G” Eco-Drive Men's 100th Anniversary Edition watch from Woodbury outlet store. I purchased this watch around 2pm on May 1st. However, after considering the watch’s size and the price, I decided to return it around 3:30pm on the same day. The store sales person said that there is a no-return policy. Nevertheless, when I purchased the watch, the sales person did not warn me that all items are not returnable.

When I spoke to the store manager Katherine over the phone (she refuses to see customers in person!), I asked her whether I need to call the police to make a record for the incident. She used a very rude tone and yelled at me saying that I have offended her and the store policy. Without letting me continue, she hung up my phone call. I was deeply SHOCKED!! I thought we are in the US – as a customer, I just want to get some basic service. And I do not understand why an unworn item cannot be returned, especially knowing that this item is not a final sales item. Be careful when you go to shop there. Stay away is the best strategy!

Original review: April 11, 2019

Bought this watch several years ago and it never worked right. Sent it back to the factory in Torrance to fix it under warranty. They had the nerve to charge me for a cracked crystal (which THEY damaged) and it still didn't work right. Unethical service and a garbage product. I rarely write complaints but this review is overdue and am frustrated that I threw good money away on an attractive doorstop. I just gave up on this lousy watch and went back to the same Seiko I've been using for 30 years.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I love the Citizen Eco-Drive It’s the second one I've owned. No batteries or winding, waterproof. Great watch and very accurate as well. Very stylish both as an everyday watch or evening watch.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This instrument is handsome, the sapphire crystal is very durable and scratch resistant. Keeps perfect time. I thoroughly enjoy not having to wind the thing, or change batteries.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Great watch, but sometimes a little difficult to reset time, day and date if the month isn’t exactly 31 days. Also, the adjusting knob is a little hard to adjust for the correct time of day, the correct day of the week and the correct number of the day of the month.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I'm VERY rough on watches and they usually fall apart fairly quickly on me. I do a lot of landscaping and gardening, and am clumsy, in general. I bought a Citizen solar-power watch and it lasted so long, I finally had to give it away to a friend who didn't need reading glasses. She loves it and it's still working for her... I got another with a larger face, several years ago, still working, even though it gets knocked around daily! I bought another, dressier one and it's still going too! And never having to buy a battery is a tremendous perk...

Original review: July 30, 2018

I bought mine from a local shop about 6-7 years ago. Except for replacement batteries it has worked perfectly all this time. No problems. Adjustable band. I liked the pewter (look) and gold (look) which allowed for other both silver and gold earrings/necklaces, etc.

Citizen Watches Company Information