Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Wagmo is a pet insurance company that offers wellness plans for routine care as well as insurance for emergency care. You can also combine the two to create more complete coverage for your dog or cat. You have to pay for care upfront, but Wagmo offers quick reimbursements, with wellness claims paid in as little as 24 hours and insurance claims paid within two weeks.
Pros & Cons
- Works with all veterinarians
- Choose your type of coverage
- Repays wellness claims in 24 hours
- No unlimited coverage option
- Takes longer to repay insurance claims
Wagmo offers flexible pet insurance and wellness plans. However, coverage has complicated limits, and you have to be able to pay your bill upfront. It’s fairly transparent, so comparing your options is simple.
What is Wagmo?
Wagmo is a company offering both insurance policies and wellness plans to help you care for your pet. By combining the two, you can protect yourself from vet bills for both emergencies and routine care.
Wagmo Wellness is available in all 50 states, but its insurance plans aren’t as widely available. According to a 2020 press release, Wagmo insurance policies are available in 14 states.
Wagmo doesn’t have an age limit on its website, but it does limit coverage for certain conditions based on age (like hip dysplasia), so be sure to check that your pet qualifies.
How does Wagmo work?
Wagmo Wellness coverage starts as soon as you sign up, but there are some waiting times for insurance policies. For accident and illness insurance coverage, there’s a 15-day waiting period, and there’s a 30-day waiting period for cancer treatments.
Once you pay your bill at the vet’s office, you can submit your claim to Wagmo for reimbursement. The company will reimburse your wellness costs in 24 hours through either a bank transfer, PayPal or Venmo. Insurance claims are processed in two weeks or less.
Wagmo pet insurance
Wagmo insurance covers unexpected emergencies, such as accidents or illnesses. Once your pet is insured and you’ve met your deductible, Wagmo reimburses you up to 100% of covered costs, up to limits of $10,000 per incident and up to $100,000 over the course of your pet’s life. The exception is prescription medication costs, which Wagmo only reimburses 50% of after you meet your deductible.
Wagmo insurance covers:
- Prescription medications
- Emergency visits
- Hospital stays
- CT scans
- Laboratory tests
- Cancer treatment
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
- Prosthetics and orthopedics
- Hip dysplasia (in dogs six years old and younger)
- End-of-life care (euthanasia)
- Pet ambulance
Wagmo insurance doesn’t cover:
- Spaying and neutering
- Vitamins and supplements
- Prescription food
- Dental surgery
- Biohazard fees
- Training or obedience classes
- Cosmetic surgeries
- Breeding, pregnancy or birth costs
- Preexisting conditions
- Preventive care
Wagmo defines a preexisting condition as any injury, congenital disorder or illness that has been prominent or was identified by a veterinarian before you signed up or during the policy’s waiting period.
Wagmo Wellness plans are designed to help with the costs of routine pet care. Coverage starts immediately and can pay you back for things like grooming and vet visits.
There are three plans to choose from.
- One office visit per year
- Two routine vaccine or booster shots per year
- One session of routine bloodwork per year
- One fecal test per year
- One extra vaccine per year
- One urinalysis test per year
- Flea, tick and heartworm medication up to $100 annually
- Grooming services up to $100 annually
- One extra vet visit per year
- One extra vaccine per year
- An extra $100 per year for flea, tick and heartworm medication
- An extra $100 per year for grooming services
- Dental care up to $100 annually
Wagmo’s prices vary based on which type of plan you choose and the plan options you select.
Insurance plans start at $13 per month, but the cost of your Wagmo insurance plan depends on several factors, including your selected deductible and whether you choose to insure multiple pets. Wagmo has three deductible options for insurance: $250, $500 and $1,000. The lower your deductible, the higher your monthly payment, though.
There is no deductible for wellness plans, but you’ll generally pay more per month:
- The Value plan costs $20 per month ($240 per year).
- The Classic plan costs $36 per month ($432 per year).
- The Deluxe plan costs $59 per month ($708 per year).
Is there a waiting period for Wagmo pet insurance?
Yes, Wagmo has waiting periods for insurance:
- For everyday accident and illness coverage, there is a 15-day waiting period.
- For cancer treatment, there is a 30-day waiting period.
Wellness plans do not have a waiting period, though.
Does Wagmo pet insurance cover MRI scans?
Probably, but it’s worth asking Wagmo to be sure. The sample insurance policy on Wagmo’s website states that diagnostic and laboratory tests are covered, but it doesn’t specifically mention MRI scans.
What vet can I go to with Wagmo?
You can go to any vet you want because Wagmo reimburses you after the fact.
Does Wagmo have a coverage limit?
Yes, but they depend on which type of plan you have:
- Wagmo insurance will cover up to $10,000 per incident and up to $100,000 in claims over your pet’s lifetime.
- Wagmo wellness has coverage limits that vary by procedure and coverage plan. With a Value plan, Wagmo will cover a certain number of procedures annually, subject to a maximum dollar amount. Higher-tier plans have additional allowances for the extra procedures they cover and, in some cases, higher limits for procedures covered by the Value plan. See Wagmo’s universal membership agreement for more details.
How long does it take to get reimbursed by Wagmo?
Once you submit your claim, Wagmo should reimburse your wellness claims within 24 hours, and it should reimburse your insurance claims within two weeks.
Reimbursements are made through bank transfer, Venmo or PayPal.
What is Wagmo’s cancellation policy?
It depends on which service you sign up for:
- Wagmo insurance policies can be canceled at any time. You just have to notify the company in writing about your intention to cancel or to not renew. You will need to include the date you want your cancellation to take effect.
- Wagmo wellness plans can be canceled as well, but they have more stipulations. If you haven’t made a claim and you’re within the 24-hour grace period, you can cancel or adjust your plan for a full refund. However, canceling a wellness policy in other situations will result in a fee.
Is Wagmo worth it?
Wagmo is a good option if you’re looking to protect both your pet and your finances. It has a variety of coverage options, and it’s upfront about what it offers. While it isn’t helpful if your pet has preexisting conditions or develops hip dysplasia at an older age, it is still worth considering for most pet owners.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Wagmo Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.