4.39/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

Taste of the Wild Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I like that Taste of the Wild is grain-free and mostly full of protein. I'm feeding it to my cat and the experience has been fine. My only concern is when there were tons of recalls on cat and dog food.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

Dexter, our big dog, likes Taste of the Wild. He eats everything, and I switch the formula up. We have been using it for two years now.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

With Taste of the Wild, my dog has a good looking coat. During hunting seasons, I add a little bit of the wet food to it, which she really loves. Recently, she had a stick shoved up her nose, sneezed really hard and broke several teeth. She's gonna be on a little bit more wet from here on out to make it easier on her to chew. When she had her teeth removed, the vet asked if my dog was on a grain-free diet. I didn't get to talk with her too much about it, but she said that dogs needed grain.

I have a nine-year-old black Lab retriever. She's about 59 pounds. She's a working dog so I try to stay very consistent with what she's intaking. I look for the quality and the ingredients and everything has shown that Taste of the Wild has a consistent recipe. Consistency is also very important to me because I buy bags of dog food if the dog wanted to eat. A lot of different dog foods seem to change their recipe. Every once in awhile, they'll change it for a bit then they'll change it back. Eukanuba and Pro Plan have done the same thing. I used to be a Pro Plan guy 20 years ago but now, I'm done with them. Now, I'm into Taste of the Wild and have been for quite some time.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We got a pitbull puppy back in June. At the time I was feeding her Iams and she was having skin allergies. She lost fur and was itchy all the time. I tried shampoos for her coat and her hair never would fully grow back. I switched her over to Taste of the Wild Pacific stream puppy formula and her hair grew back within 2 weeks. Her coat is so soft and shiny now! Love this dog food.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We no longer have our pet. But we've used Taste of the Wild since we got him. The veterinarian recommended it, and we still order it and send it to his new home. He likes it and eats it. We had dog food that causes reactions to our pets in the past. This doesn't, so I think it's properly made. But I'd love it if it costs less.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

My American bulldog was having allergy problems so I made a switch to Taste of the Wild. I use a venison buffalo one, the salmon one -- I use all of them just to switch up so she’s not getting tired of the same flavor. When I first switched over it was a big difference. She gained a lot of healthy weight, and then her skin got better. But then, I don’t know if it’s seasonal allergies or what, but now she’s shedding a lot. She has a lot of allergies and itching. But I don’t think it’s the food because I tried switching over to something else and limit her ingredient diet, and it still didn’t work. So, I just went back to Taste of the Wild because she likes that one.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

We have used Taste of the Wild for five years and we are happy with it. It was recommended by a pet store. It is all natural ingredients and we alternate the formulation for our black Lab -- he has had Taste of the Wild since he was born.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I have a Boxer-Lab mix and he itches a lot and he scratches. We found Taste of the Wild is the best dog food for his allergies and he likes it. He likes the Buffalo. Also, we always give him the salmon formulation. I'd recommend it to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Both of my dogs are rescues and for five years now, I've been feeding them Taste of the Wild. They haven’t had anything else. Their coat is shinier, but I feed them raw eggs in the morning as well. I used to feed them lamb, but they drank a lot of water with it. They like Taste of the Wild and have been healthy. Moreover, their breath doesn’t stink.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I just started with Taste of the Wild and my dog, a Tri-color American Bully, likes it more than what she had before. She’s an inside dog. She goes outside and wants to come right back inside. I’ve tried a couple of different formulas and she likes all of them. It’s a good value and she has definitely gained some weight.

Taste of the Wild Company Information