2. Pets
  3. Dog Food
Accredited Partner

Shop on Chewy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.34/5

Taste of the Wild provides a wide variety of quality wet & dry food options for dogs & cats. Taste of the Wild understand the importance of feeding quality food to your pets, which is why we are committed to strict quality and safety standards. Contact us today or visit our website to find out more about our products and where you can find them!

Taste of the Wild Shop on Chewy

Taste of the Wild Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Taste of the Wild?

Original review: June 3, 2020

I have a two-year-old Black Lab named buddy. He is my third Lab and my first puppy. I was just looking for a good food. He is pure-bred so I wanted him to start off right. When he came to me, he was on grain-free puppy chow. But when he went to adult food, I asked the vet what she would feed her dog. She told me she fed her dog Taste of the Wild, but only because she was my friend.

I decided that grain-free wasn’t always the best, so I went to the Pacific Stream ancient grain. We’re trying to keep the fat off of him. He doesn’t have any table food except for fresh fruits and vegetables to supplement and grain-free snacks. Buddy is very slender. He’s 77 pounds, but he’s lean. He’s in great shape. People compliment all the time that he’s really shiny and we don’t even bathe him or anything. Moreover, he doesn’t smell. He doesn’t have problems with anal glands or digestion in any way.

Original review: June 2, 2020

Taste of the Wild had a good reputation at that time, so I thought I would try it. I have show dogs. They are Weimaraners and they are four and eight. I feed them two times per day, but I’m not using Taste of the Wild anymore. It is a no-grain food and due to new research, I’m not feeding my dogs no-grain any longer.

Original review: May 28, 2020

A friend turned me onto Taste of the Wild and it was great. I have a French Bulldog and as a pet owner, I was satisfied. I used the lamb, but it got a little too pricey for me, so I went with Costco food. For the same price that I get for a bag of Taste of the Wild, I get double the amount at Costco and from what they say, it's just about the same quality.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Our dog Baxter has severe food allergies. It took us a while to find a good dog food that he could actually eat! Baxter loves Taste of the Wild! His vet said it's a good food for him and they have a few different varieties that he can handle with his allergies. We always buy Baxter's Taste of the Wild at the Stock shop and Taste of the Wild has a great price! Baxter is a Taste of the Wild Boy for life! Thank you Taste of the Wild for keeping our boy healthy and happy! Here's a picture of Baxter as a baby! He just turned 3yrs old on the 15th and we thank Taste of the Wild for helping him thrive!

Original review: May 19, 2020

My 90-pound dog likes Taste of the Wild. I switch things around when I use it and he doesn't get hungry.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I have a 11.5 year-old female Standard Poodle. We have struggled since she was a puppy to find food that she would a) eat and b) wouldn't give her allergies or an upset stomach. I was delighted when I saw the limited, non-GMO ingredients on Prey Turkey formula and decided to try her on it 2 years ago. Much to my amazement, she ate it quickly and felt good on it. I feel like the price is reasonable since the quality is so high. I don't have to clean up after a sick dog like I did on the cheaper brands. My Poodle continues to feel much better, too, I call this a win-win!

Original review: May 12, 2020

I like how Taste of the Wild is grain-free. My corgi-Chihuahua got bad allergies so it works pretty well for him. I've been using it for nine years now and I like the different flavors. Depending on the time of year, I'll use either cooling proteins or hot proteins. I use salmon during the summer and then poultry or pork during the winter. The food is good for my dog, his skin and his coat. He really enjoys it.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I have a healthy 80-pound German Shorthaired Pointer. I switched to Taste of the Wild for her since the price was favorable compared to other brands.

Original review: May 7, 2020

We were using Taste of the Wild because my cousin who raises Australian Shepherds was using it for a while but we only used it for about a year. Then my dogs were not liking it anymore. Then with the whole study coming out about grain-free not being good for dogs and causing cardiomegaly, we just did not do that anymore.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I only used Taste of the Wild for a very short time when we got a new Labradoodle puppy. It was exactly what the breeder was feeding him and I bought the food at the store but my puppy had bad diarrhea. We went through all kinds of testing with the vet to see if he had worms and until I changed his food, he continuously had diarrhea. It wasn't even a month that we used it.

Taste of the Wild response

Hope you're enjoying your little ball of fur! Am sorry to hear that about the diarrhea and hope that's resolved. The stress of weaning and going to a new home can often play a role as well.

Taste of the Wild Company Information