2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5

Hungry Bark is an online subscription dog food service that offers high-quality kibble, mix-ins to add nutrients and supplements for your favorite furry friend. Hungry Bark incorporates superfoods into its blends, giving your dog the best nutrients for its breed, size, age and health condition. The had has no fillers, artificial chemicals or GMOs.

BOTTOM LINE

Hungry Bark is a high-quality kibble that can be customized for your pet. Its prices are higher than some kibble brands, but the company uses high-quality ingredients and provides customization options.

PROS
  • Offers free food plan for your pet
  • Subscription service available
  • Can be customized for pet needs
CONS
  • Higher price than most kibbles
  • Shipping is not included

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

How does Hungry Bark work?

Hungry Bark offers its kibble as an online subscription, but you can also buy kibble or additional products directly on the company’s website. On the Hungry Bark website, you can choose to “Get a custom meal plan” or “Just shop.”

If you choose a custom plan, Hungry Bark asks you about your dog’s breed, size, specific lifestyle and other factors. Once you have finished the survey, the company’s representatives email you a customized meal plan that includes supplements. You can then choose to enroll in the subscription, which is sent monthly, or buy the food directly.

Hungry Bark dog food costs

A customized subscription’s price varies based on how much your dog eats, the custom options you choose and additional supplements included with the plan. Hungry Bark kibble prices usually start around $19 for 4 pounds and increase depending upon the bag's size and ingredients.

Supplements and mix-ins are generally priced between $10 to $30, a competitive price for high-quality food and supplements. If you opt for the subscription-based plan, you save 20%.

Hungry Bark FAQ

Is Hungry Bark grain-free?
    Hungry Bark offers both grain-free and grain-inclusive products.
    Is Hungry Bark organic?
    No, Hungry Bark is not organic, but it does use high-quality ingredients for your pup.
    Can I cancel my Hungry Bark subscription?
    Yes, you can go to Hungry Bark’s website to cancel.
    Where can you buy Hungry Bark dog food?
    You can buy Hungry Bark dog food on the company’s website.

Is Hungry Bark good?

Hungry Bark is a good option for healthier kibble for your dog. It provides high-quality ingredients and custom supplements based on your pet’s breed and lifestyle. Hungry Bark also offers advice on the best amount and type of kibble your dog should be eating. This guidance is useful and can help keep your dog healthy and happy.

Hungry Bark Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hungry Bark?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hungry Bark?

Original review: April 30, 2021

It's always been a struggle making changes into my dog's diet, however the step by step transition provided by Hungry Bark really helped me with introducing my dog to a healthier dog food option. My dog seems to be satisfied with the food and I have seen an improvement in her energy levels. The best part about the service is that it is automatic and I don't have to worry about re ordering. Would definitely recommend trying this out.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I've been having issues trying to find the right food for my Bentley. He's super picky and also suffering from a number of allergies. Every food I tried seemed to cause some new complicated. I decided to go the custom route and get a more personalized meal plan for Bentley based on his allergies and unique issues. So happy my vet mentioned Hungry Bark because it's been a game changer for me. Bentley is doing better, I'm doing better and really happy I found the company as they did all the guesswork for me. Definitely recommend trying their meal planner and seeing for yourself.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2021

My dog is just doing so well on so many fronts. He looks younger, acts younger, his coat is glowing. The most amazing part is he has stopped licking his paws from allergies. I feel great to see this but also guilty I didn't find you guys earlier. Thank you for making my dog happier!

Resolution response: April 16, 2021

Today I received a full refund from Hungry Bark! I gave it 3 stars because they came through; but only after I filed a dispute through PayPal. When I contacted them directly at the outset they refused.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Updated on 04/16/2021: I ordered custom kibble for my dog on April 1, 2021 with an interval of 4 weeks for subsequent orders. After meticulously following the steps they recommended in introducing their kibbles to my dog, in the end my dog didn’t like it. I was going to cancel future orders but I thought I had 2 weeks to do so before they send the next batch. Today, 2 weeks later they charged me for the next batch which they said had been processed already! Two weeks early??? This is very poor customer service. Also, in response to another reviewer Hungry Bark said that they would refund the reviewer’s first order of custom kibble. In my case they said they wouldn’t because it was custom order! Very disappointed.

Original Review: Beware before you buy anything from Hungry Bark. They will not refund your first purchase because what you bought (and you are cleverly led to it) is “custom.” My dog didn’t like his food. On their website it says that they will refund your first order within 30 days if your dog doesn’t like the food.

Original review: April 11, 2021

So I decided to try this product, ordered on March 21st and did not receive the shipment until April 6th at 12:32pm. April 7th I tried the product with my dogs. They went on a so called hunger strike for the next 4 days. The day after I received my first shipment (no time to try product) the company auto shipped another order and charged me $111.13. I have not even tried the product. I called FedEx to stop the shipment and they said that the shipment can only be stoped by the Hungry Bark. Hungry Bark refused to do anything and requested that I just donate the $111.13 worth of dog food to a charity.

Here is Bruce's response from Hungry Bark:

"As for returning the items, the agent whom you spoke with earlier was correct that we can only refund the first order of a Custom Meal Plan. We've gone ahead and done that and stopped your subscription, however we cannot refund the second one as well so there is no reason to refuse the delivery. Since the food would only go to waste if you returned the shipment, if you will not use we recommend donating it to your local shelter.

Please let me know if you would like to try one of our other recipes and I'd be happy to send that long with a free mix-in.

Sincerely,
      Bruce

Your Hungry Bark Customer Experience Team"

Hungry Bark Company Information