2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Shop on Tractor Supply
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.61/5

4health pet food uses premium natural ingredients to curate the best formulas for your pet. Always the #1 ingredient, real meat is complemented by whole vegetables so you can be sure your pet is receiving the nutrients they need. You will never find corn, soy or wheat in 4health foods, but you will find omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat as well as antioxidants to promote overall good health in your animals. Found exclusively at Tractor Supply Co., 4health is committed to providing optimal nutrition for optimal health.

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

4health Dog Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 4health Dog Food?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about 4health Dog Food?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Bought this at TS and thought this grain free food would be good for our three dogs. Boy, was I wrong!!! All three usually active dogs are just laying around, have diarrhea and are throwing up. We even have to carry them outside to go potty (if they make it that far). Would never ever buy this stuff again. Pet owners stay away from 4Health dog food!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

We have sister hounds and thought this brand was the way to go. Early this summer, we noticed both of the girls were not eating typically, their normally firm stools were straight diarrhea. Several times, they had vomiting (white foam included) and explosive diarrhea on more than several of occasions. We changed everything else except their food brand/line (this 4health food). After going round and round with the vets, at LEAST hundreds in vet bills, several rug cleaners, innumerable phone calls, and even tears, in desperation, we changed their food brand/line. THANKFULLY now they are BOTH MUCH better. We will NEVER go back to this line again....EVER. STAY AWAY FROM THIS LINE OF FOOD!

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I purchased 4 Health canned food after talking to someone that worked at TS. Our little dachshund puppy loves it but has now started with horrible diarrhea. She’s already housebroken but she can’t make it outside with how bad this is. She has finished 1 1/2 can but you better believe there will be no more. She’s slept more today and wants to be carried and that’s not her personality. A couple of our other dogs have ate it out of bowl and they now have diarrhea. I’ve thrown the rest in the garbage and will never purchase this again.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I have a 1yr old Pit Lab mix that I had tried many dry kibbles and she wouldn't eat them and was losing weight so I tried adding canned food which she ate more of but still showed little interest in till I bought 4health lamb and rice canned food, she wolfs this food down like nothing and has put weight on. Her coat looks awesome and she is so much happier. I have since started using their kibble too and she is doing great. She refuses any other dog food and doesnt like chicken or beef but haven't tried fish yet so may try that at some point to mix it up a bit.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

4Health Grain Free Dog Food. I switched my dog to 4Health for just one night gave him a 1/4 cup with his regular dog food. That night at 2am he started throwing up and was not sure it was the dog food so I gave him an other feeding in the morning and he was fine then mid morning he started throwing up again until he was throwing up blood. I am now at the ER and they believe he has a gastrointestinal problem and will have to stay overnight with an IV as he will not keep any food down. They are getting him X-rays now. I am praying he will be okay. But not sure. DO NOT GIVE YOUR THIS FOOD!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

My dog recently stopped wanting to eat this food and has been getting sick. Just realized today that the inside of the can is lined with a gray paint/chemical peel type of coating that is peeling off into the food. I will be returning the remainder of the cans I have and will never purchase this food again. I thought I was purchasing food that would keep my dog healthy. Doesn't matter what is in the food if it is packaged irresponsibly. I pray my dog isn't seriously ill and wanted to warn others who are feeding this food to their dogs.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I had not read any reviews about this food before we switched our 8 year old Weimeraner to this food (combo of the wet and dry food). He was having some unusual skin problems on his paws and with hair loss in several areas of his body which we could not figure out and the sales person at the Tractor Supply co suggested that we try this (not the vet). We were astounded. Firstly, he absolutely loves the food and secondly, all his skin issues cleared up within a few weeks of eating this food. He has had no issues with his GI tract as described in the other reviews at all.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

We recently switched our three dogs to 4Health dog food. They all began vomiting within a week. Two of them recovered but one did not. He continued vomiting white foam that eventually turned to pure blood. Shortly after that he began diarrhea that was pure liquid blood like a water faucet. We rushed him to the pet ER. He was diagnosed hemorrhagic gastroenteritis due to the change in dog food. He was immediately put in IV antibiotics, IV fluids, anti nausea meds, anti diarrhea medications and they ran several test on him. Three days in critical care and THOUSANDS of dollars later we brought him home. That’s today.

We had the most horrible weekend not knowing if we were going to lose our family member because of the food we chose to give him. How can this company continue selling this poison!!!? It is horrible that it’s killing animals. Something needs to be done. A class-action lawsuit??? I have paperwork from the vet stating the dog was the cause....please whatever you do ....DO NOT EVER GIVE THIS TOXIC DOG FOOD TO ANY OF YOUR PETS!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

After reading everyone’s review, I am dumbfounded. My dog Gracie was switched to 4H and within a week I noticed she was vomiting constantly and pooping diarrhea at night and in the house. She couldn’t hold it. She was a 14 year old miniature schnauzer, and she refused to eat anymore. I took her to the vet and long story short she was in kidney failure. We tried desperately to save her, I spent thousands on hospitalization and iv treatments to get her back. She ended up passing away after a two week battle to live. I am so brokenhearted right now, if I had only read these reviews first! It’s the exact same as others are describing. I was feeding her the canned 4Health dog food in the grain free variety. This deserves a class action suit. My poor baby Gracie, gone from me because she was too old to fight through whatever poison is in this food!

Original review: July 13, 2019

We switched to 4health after an employee at TS suggested we try it because it was made by Diamond. Our dogs were on Diamond Naturals before and this is suppose to be the same food. After good night through part of a bag all 3 dogs have started panting and one started having bloody stools. Then we started finding vomit. After a couple of days all 3 don't want to eat. We figured they didn't like the food and maybe the one had a bug and took him to the vet. Nausea meds and shots later he is better but not eating dry dog food. We go back to TS and buy the lamb and rice to see if they like it. After first bowl all 3 dogs are now sick. Vomiting white foam or all the food chunks. Panting and now will not eat. We are looking for another brand now. Never again will we buy this food!

4health Dog Food Company Information