1.47/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

4health Dog Food

4health pet food uses premium natural ingredients to curate the best formulas for your pet. Always the #1 ingredient, real meat is complemented by whole vegetables so you can be sure your pet is receiving the nutrients they need. You will never find corn, soy or wheat in 4health foods, but you will find omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat as well as antioxidants to promote overall good health in your animals. Found exclusively at Tractor Supply Co., 4health is committed to providing optimal nutrition for optimal health.

Looking for a good dog food brand?

19 4health Dog Food Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2019

We switched to 4health after an employee at TS suggested we try it because it was made by Diamond. Our dogs were on Diamond Naturals before and this is suppose to be the same food. After good night through part of a bag all 3 dogs have started panting and one started having bloody stools. Then we started finding vomit. After a couple of days all 3 don't want to eat. We figured they didn't like the food and maybe the one had a bug and took him to the vet. Nausea meds and shots later he is better but not eating dry dog food. We go back to TS and buy the lamb and rice to see if they like it. After first bowl all 3 dogs are now sick. Vomiting white foam or all the food chunks. Panting and now will not eat. We are looking for another brand now. Never again will we buy this food!

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have a German shorthaired pointer and had trouble keeping weight on him. I 1st tried 4health because I received a coupon for a free bag. He loves it. Other dog food he would eat a little when he was hungry, but not enough to keep any weight on him. He was always underweight despite being free fed. With the 4health performance formula, he enjoys eating it and keeps a healthy weight, despite his almost constant running on the farm during the day. I have also been feeding 4health wet and dry food to the beagle puppies we have. Very healthy and chubby pups! I admit I was wary at 1st, not being a fan of Diamond dog feed, but I no longer have any reservations, despite what I have read on this page.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I started feeding my 4 yrs old Vizsla at the time, 4health dry dog food 2yrs ago. In and out of the vets for runny to bloody stools. All he wanted to do was sleep, slowly stopped eating. Hair loss, rashes. I stopped feeding 4health 5 months ago and WOW, what a difference! I have my dog back! This dog food is made by Diamond with a long list of RECALLS!!

Original review: May 11, 2019

I was buying 4health for my two dog for the last 7 months. My older developed a cough and wasn’t feeling well. Never thinking this was the food took him to the vet, the vet had nothing. He was coughing up a white foamy mucus. Back and forth to the vet 7 times…2000.00 later, multiple tests they shrugged their shoulders and said, maybe it's allergies. Then my 2 yr old mix started coughing and coughing up a white foamy mucus. I changed their food and it took a couple of weeks, but neither dog is coughing any more. It scares me to think this was causing liver or kidney damage to these guys. I still have most of the last big bag I bought. Not sure what to do with it because even sending it to the dump it can wild animals sick. Bad enough I’m out the 40.00 for it and have over 2000.00 in vet bills because of it. This is the worse thing anyone can do for their pets. This company should be out of business.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Gets a rating of 4 out of 5 on dog food advisor. Quality ingredients, no junk fillers, fair price, not too expensive and my dogs love it. It’s also available in grain free. Only sold at tractor supply, that is the only con.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 4health Dog Food?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

First I want to say ever since I switched my GS to 4health dry dog food he's been doing great. He's even out on weight after having issues with skin itching and ear infections and weight loss. He's three but after trying everything under the sun not sure what to do for my poor buddy we heard about 4health and it's been great. However... I thought I would try the 4Health canned dog food. After maybe an hour of feeding it to him and just a little bit mixing it in with his dry he had never had such explosive bowel movements and the three years that I've got him he was lethargic. Just in such bad pain.

So needless to say we just decided maybe it was the canned food and we weren't doing it anymore. Sure enough we stopped it. He was fine... But then I saw the 4Health hip and joint chewy bites I thought all this should be great. After giving him one now he seemed to get a little bit of diarrhea. This is months later by the way since the can food and wasn't as active but I thought nothing of it. Then I gave him another one the next day and went out for some errands. When I came home there was a yellow diarrhea everywhere. Vomit everywhere. Foamy vomit. He was in my house. When we leave the house he stays in the secure area. All through the night he was vomiting foamy vomit. I wasn't sure but I thought maybe it was the bite so I would help them.

I gave it to him one more time a couple weeks after to see. Sure enough the next day. I mean is it this product? The dry dog food seems fine but the chewy bites I would never thought something like that would cause such bad issues for him. I mean he was near death. By the way I'm blind as a bat and using my talk-to-text to try to write this message review. His stool by the way was also like a yellow sponge. I don't know. Never had these kind of issues. Won't bees in the bites anymore. I think I'm going to stay with the dry dog food because that seems to be doing great for him. But never ever use that canned dog food and absolutely do not buy those bites.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Updated on 02/02/2019: I am disgusted with DIAMOND 4HEALTH dog food and the way corporate did absolutely NOTHING to aid, check in, or even pretend like they care. My 4 year old boxer nearly died, from their dog food mistake and Diamond Pet Foods straight up ghosted me for the last 23 days. I was sent one email that was a copy and paste email from a Diamond "veterinarian". I sent in proof of purchase along with clean images of the production stamp, and they said and did NOTHING. I have spent thousands with them, and in return they try to kill my family boxer. Do not support Diamond or 4health. Look at the real reviews - there are about 6 on here with folks that had the exact same issues with their dog's health after feeding them this food. Diamond knows about this and they continue to make dogs very ill and even kill them because they cannot monitor their food production.

Original Review: I have fed our 4 year old Boxer 4 Health large breed adult. Made by Diamond, for the last 3 years. It started as a great alternative to higher priced grain free foods. The most recent bag, purchased from TSC as that's where diamond sells under the label 4 health, makes my boxer vomit after each meal. She is mostly food motivated. It's not like her to have a food standoff for 5 days and refuse to eat. Within 1 hour of eating, each time without fail, she vomits, followed by dry heaves. I need to know what's going on with my boxer, in regards to what happened with this batch of food as it needs to be recalled and removed from the shelves before someone's pet gets very ill or worse. I will make a video as well if I don't hear back today, just to show everyone the signs, so they know.

Original review: March 23, 2018

So I had no idea that this was here but I want to share my story. Was urged to switch to 4health by a vet in Franklin TN. Our English bulldog had some skin issues and he thought it help. About 4 months in she started the same issues. Hair loss and itching. We take her to a different vet who does some checking and finds she has some allergies and prescribes some meds. Just when we think we are on the road to good health she stops eating, is rapidly losing weight and throwing up phlegm and panting constantly. Oh and the cow patties she is leaving behind are awful. So back at the vet again and we learn she has some problems with her blood and we pay 500.00 at that visit. 2 days later another round at vet and 450 more. The third visit she is a bit better probably because of steroids but we also started feeding her boiled chicken breasts and rice.

The vet then tells us they think she has cancer so we take to a specialist and they want to test her at 2000.00 and say they wouldn’t be able to cure if it is cancer. They could only treat it. So we take home our 6 year old dog scared to death she could die at any time. But we were in for a miracle. She starts eating more of the chicken and rice we made and her weight picks up and her healthy happy self is back. But not so fast. When we had to go out of town we bought some more 4health salmon and potato dog food thinking it would be easier for the kids to feed while we were away. Now she is back in the same boat. She is throwing up foam and pooping throughout the night. Has no energy and looks awful.

After reading some other reviews on here one thing I find crazy is that most of the bad reviews are coming from TN. So why don’t they notice this and do a little research and find out what is going on. I would like to know. Hell if it were human food it would have been recalled already. I am going to take these reviews to my vet and just ask because I could be wrong but I doubt it and at least they can keep an eye out for it in the future. If anyone else would like to talk about this with me email me **. Thanks for reading.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My dog has been eating 4health for a few years. A year or so ago he experienced explosive bowel movements after eating the grain free beef stew - the clerk at Tractor Supply was unaware of any issues. A few months ago I bought 2 bags of the hip/joint bones (he had eaten them before and no problem). After eating a few out of the first new bag, he became lethargic and vomited the foamy phlegm that I saw someone else on here had described. I threw away the bag. After a month I decided to open the new bag and try one, thinking he may have just not felt well before, AND seeing no recalls. He ate one and within the hour looked like someone who was drunk. He fell over and couldn't get up, was also vomiting the phlegm.

My son helped me get him into the car and to the vet. By the time we got there (by now a couple of hours since eating the bone), he was acting alert. The past few weeks he has refused to eat any of the 4heath dog food with the exception of a couple of the cans. He began acting lethargic, drinking a lot of water and losing weight. Our vet has just put him on meds for a kidney infection as his white count is up and BUN level is off. After seeing these other comments I have no doubt something is wrong with this food and treats. But what to feed him? Guess I will be making my own since I don't know that there is any brand to trust anymore.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

My daughter has had her pup for 4 years. She is a AKC Basset Hound and on last Sunday she left us all heartbroken. After purchasing a big bag of 4health whitefish and potatoes dog food my daughter and Bailey returned home from college. After opening the bag and feeding Bailey a bowl we left for a few hours and upon returning my wife and daughter's walked into a house of horror and it was only the beginning of this nightmare. BAILEY had vomited and had bloody diarrhea all over the house. She was completely lethargic by Sunday afternoon and died Sunday night. She did not eat anything other than this dog food. Please don't put your beloved pets life at risk. DO NOT BUY THIS DOG FOOD.

4health Dog Food Company Information