1.57/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

4health Dog Food

4health pet food uses premium natural ingredients to curate the best formulas for your pet. Always the #1 ingredient, real meat is complemented by whole vegetables so you can be sure your pet is receiving the nutrients they need. You will never find corn, soy or wheat in 4health foods, but you will find omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat as well as antioxidants to promote overall good health in your animals. Found exclusively at Tractor Supply Co., 4health is committed to providing optimal nutrition for optimal health.

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4health Dog Food Reviews

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I had not read any reviews about this food before we switched our 8 year old Weimeraner to this food (combo of the wet and dry food). He was having some unusual skin problems on his paws and with hair loss in several areas of his body which we could not figure out and the sales person at the Tractor Supply co suggested that we try this (not the vet). We were astounded. Firstly, he absolutely loves the food and secondly, all his skin issues cleared up within a few weeks of eating this food. He has had no issues with his GI tract as described in the other reviews at all.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have a German shorthaired pointer and had trouble keeping weight on him. I 1st tried 4health because I received a coupon for a free bag. He loves it. Other dog food he would eat a little when he was hungry, but not enough to keep any weight on him. He was always underweight despite being free fed. With the 4health performance formula, he enjoys eating it and keeps a healthy weight, despite his almost constant running on the farm during the day. I have also been feeding 4health wet and dry food to the beagle puppies we have. Very healthy and chubby pups! I admit I was wary at 1st, not being a fan of Diamond dog feed, but I no longer have any reservations, despite what I have read on this page.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 27, 2019

Gets a rating of 4 out of 5 on dog food advisor. Quality ingredients, no junk fillers, fair price, not too expensive and my dogs love it. It’s also available in grain free. Only sold at tractor supply, that is the only con.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

My dog recently stopped wanting to eat this food and has been getting sick. Just realized today that the inside of the can is lined with a gray paint/chemical peel type of coating that is peeling off into the food. I will be returning the remainder of the cans I have and will never purchase this food again. I thought I was purchasing food that would keep my dog healthy. Doesn't matter what is in the food if it is packaged irresponsibly. I pray my dog isn't seriously ill and wanted to warn others who are feeding this food to their dogs.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

We recently switched our three dogs to 4Health dog food. They all began vomiting within a week. Two of them recovered but one did not. He continued vomiting white foam that eventually turned to pure blood. Shortly after that he began diarrhea that was pure liquid blood like a water faucet. We rushed him to the pet ER. He was diagnosed hemorrhagic gastroenteritis due to the change in dog food. He was immediately put in IV antibiotics, IV fluids, anti nausea meds, anti diarrhea medications and they ran several test on him. Three days in critical care and THOUSANDS of dollars later we brought him home. That’s today.

We had the most horrible weekend not knowing if we were going to lose our family member because of the food we chose to give him. How can this company continue selling this poison!!!? It is horrible that it’s killing animals. Something needs to be done. A class-action lawsuit??? I have paperwork from the vet stating the dog was the cause....please whatever you do ....DO NOT EVER GIVE THIS TOXIC DOG FOOD TO ANY OF YOUR PETS!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 4health Dog Food?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

After reading everyone’s review, I am dumbfounded. My dog Gracie was switched to 4H and within a week I noticed she was vomiting constantly and pooping diarrhea at night and in the house. She couldn’t hold it. She was a 14 year old miniature schnauzer, and she refused to eat anymore. I took her to the vet and long story short she was in kidney failure. We tried desperately to save her, I spent thousands on hospitalization and iv treatments to get her back. She ended up passing away after a two week battle to live. I am so brokenhearted right now, if I had only read these reviews first! It’s the exact same as others are describing. I was feeding her the canned 4Health dog food in the grain free variety. This deserves a class action suit. My poor baby Gracie, gone from me because she was too old to fight through whatever poison is in this food!

Original review: July 13, 2019

We switched to 4health after an employee at TS suggested we try it because it was made by Diamond. Our dogs were on Diamond Naturals before and this is suppose to be the same food. After good night through part of a bag all 3 dogs have started panting and one started having bloody stools. Then we started finding vomit. After a couple of days all 3 don't want to eat. We figured they didn't like the food and maybe the one had a bug and took him to the vet. Nausea meds and shots later he is better but not eating dry dog food. We go back to TS and buy the lamb and rice to see if they like it. After first bowl all 3 dogs are now sick. Vomiting white foam or all the food chunks. Panting and now will not eat. We are looking for another brand now. Never again will we buy this food!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I started feeding my 4 yrs old Vizsla at the time, 4health dry dog food 2yrs ago. In and out of the vets for runny to bloody stools. All he wanted to do was sleep, slowly stopped eating. Hair loss, rashes. I stopped feeding 4health 5 months ago and WOW, what a difference! I have my dog back! This dog food is made by Diamond with a long list of RECALLS!!

Original review: May 11, 2019

I was buying 4health for my two dog for the last 7 months. My older developed a cough and wasn’t feeling well. Never thinking this was the food took him to the vet, the vet had nothing. He was coughing up a white foamy mucus. Back and forth to the vet 7 times…2000.00 later, multiple tests they shrugged their shoulders and said, maybe it's allergies. Then my 2 yr old mix started coughing and coughing up a white foamy mucus. I changed their food and it took a couple of weeks, but neither dog is coughing any more. It scares me to think this was causing liver or kidney damage to these guys. I still have most of the last big bag I bought. Not sure what to do with it because even sending it to the dump it can wild animals sick. Bad enough I’m out the 40.00 for it and have over 2000.00 in vet bills because of it. This is the worse thing anyone can do for their pets. This company should be out of business.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

First I want to say ever since I switched my GS to 4health dry dog food he's been doing great. He's even out on weight after having issues with skin itching and ear infections and weight loss. He's three but after trying everything under the sun not sure what to do for my poor buddy we heard about 4health and it's been great. However... I thought I would try the 4Health canned dog food. After maybe an hour of feeding it to him and just a little bit mixing it in with his dry he had never had such explosive bowel movements and the three years that I've got him he was lethargic. Just in such bad pain.

So needless to say we just decided maybe it was the canned food and we weren't doing it anymore. Sure enough we stopped it. He was fine... But then I saw the 4Health hip and joint chewy bites I thought all this should be great. After giving him one now he seemed to get a little bit of diarrhea. This is months later by the way since the can food and wasn't as active but I thought nothing of it. Then I gave him another one the next day and went out for some errands. When I came home there was a yellow diarrhea everywhere. Vomit everywhere. Foamy vomit. He was in my house. When we leave the house he stays in the secure area. All through the night he was vomiting foamy vomit. I wasn't sure but I thought maybe it was the bite so I would help them.

I gave it to him one more time a couple weeks after to see. Sure enough the next day. I mean is it this product? The dry dog food seems fine but the chewy bites I would never thought something like that would cause such bad issues for him. I mean he was near death. By the way I'm blind as a bat and using my talk-to-text to try to write this message review. His stool by the way was also like a yellow sponge. I don't know. Never had these kind of issues. Won't bees in the bites anymore. I think I'm going to stay with the dry dog food because that seems to be doing great for him. But never ever use that canned dog food and absolutely do not buy those bites.

4health Dog Food Company Information