4health Dog Food

4health Dog Food Reviews

About 4health Dog Food

4health pet food uses premium natural ingredients to curate the best formulas for your pet. Always the #1 ingredient, real meat is complemented by whole vegetables so you can be sure your pet is receiving the nutrients they need. You will never find corn, soy or wheat in 4health foods, but you will find omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat as well as antioxidants to promote overall good health in your animals. Found exclusively at Tractor Supply Co., 4health is committed to providing optimal nutrition for optimal health.

4health Dog Food Reviews

Stars Rating

• 13%
  • 9%
  • 3%
  • 1%
  • 74%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 4health Dog Food?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 4health Dog Food?

Reviewed June 7, 2024

I have been using 4health for all my puppies and dogs for years! I have NEVER EXPERIENCED any issues with this dog food! With a 20 year feeding structure. I like that they use less fillers such as corn, and they use a decent amount of protein. Moving forward I am very happy with this product and will continue using it!

Profile pic of the author.
    Customer Service

Reviewed May 22, 2024

I breed boxers. I had a litter born in March and was on Diamond ....No issues and switched to 4health lamb puppy with the litters born in April and out of those litters I had 10 puppies die from bacterial gastritis. Every single puppy got sick except for the ones that I had on Diamond. Coincidence? You tell me. They had projectile regurgitation and couldn't hold down anything in their stomach. They were 3 weeks old. It was heartbreaking and in 18 years of breeding I've never had anything like this happen.... Stay away from this food. I wish I knew what I could do to prove this. Who to call? My number is ** If anyone has any ideas.

Stacy

Maybe stop switching food with puppies that are only old enough to just start trying food.

Get buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed May 14, 2024

I couldn’t believe it when I found this site today, ten days after my sweet dog died from a heart attack! I had changed from Purina 1 and had been feeding her this lamb and rice brand for at least 4 weeks. My other dog didn’t want to eat it and began limping and gaining weight. After reading this, I feel certain it was caused by this crappy dog food. Not many dry dog foods are very good.

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Purchased 4Health Salmon and Potato dry dog food for my 4 dogs. All dogs started vomiting white foam, lethargic, hot spots, diarrhea and vomiting. 2 dogs got pancreatitis, and one dog almost died. Vet bills I would say easy over $2000. My mini dachshund stopped walking because of the pain in her intestines. We thought it was her back at first, but then it just turned out to be her intestines were inflamed from this food. This food is a death sentence. Once we switched their food, all their symptoms went away. Now, back to normal.

Reviewed April 27, 2024

We thought this would be a good food for our German Shepherd/ Malinois. One month into it she started scratching herself a lot and her poop became soft and yellow. Soon after that it turned into diarrhea for a week. We realized it was the 4health food. Threw that away and immediately started her new diet with Diamond Naturals and today normal poop and she looks a lot better! Didn’t even bother mixing it to get her used to it! Don’t buy this crap!

Price

Reviewed April 26, 2024

Purchased 4Health Salmon and Potato dry dog food and BOTH of my dogs have been vomiting white foam for two weeks, lethargic and evidently eating a ton of grass. We haven’t changed anything else besides their dog food. I came here to check the reviews and I’m shocked. Throwing it out and switching back Purina Pro Plan Sensitive Stomach and Skin Salmon dog food. Tried to save a few bucks with the 4Health dog food and it’s cost me $$$ in vet bills. Take this food off the shelf please.

Staff

Reviewed April 20, 2024

I switched my boxer mix to the 4 health salmon recipe due to his chicken allergy. He has been so sick! Vomiting multiple times over the course of two weeks. I wouldn't recommend this dog food. It's caused him to puke white foam. I stopped giving it to him for one day and he didn't vomit again. We were following the slow transition guidelines. Something is seriously wrong with this dog food. It seems great on the bag with the limited ingredients... seems...

Reviewed April 20, 2024

Do not buy! Worst thing I ever did was switch to this dog food. My dog got a severe ear and skin infection. Vet bill over $300. This dog food should be taken off all shelves. It’s horrible. Do not feed it to your dog unless you are trying to kill it! It’s that bad. Had to switch to Science Diet dog food for sensitive skin and stomach. Now my dog's not eating grass and feels much better. Science Diet is way to go if you're having problems with dog foods. Ask your vet. They will recommend what type your dog needs. Science Diet saved my dog!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 2, 2024

Bought 4 health salmon and potatoes food to try to switch our dog to who has a sensitive stomach since it has probiotics in it, and after 4 days of being on it he developed blood in his stool and had to be taken to urgent care. He was diagnosed with Acute Hemorrhagic diarrhea syndrome which can be life threatening if not caught early, thankfully it was.. The vet said it was caused by switching foods, which he wasn't fully on it yet as we were mixing it with his current food to allow his stomach to get used to it. Do not buy this food.

Profile pic of the author.
      Price

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2023

I have been giving my working k-9. Sheppard/Malinois 4health for two years. No issues. I have been told in past it’s a good grain free food, no preservatives. All a sudden she had been getting violent bouts of bad diarrhea. Go to chicken and rice and it came back over and over. No other food or treats were given. Changed food to Royal Canin. Although extremely expensive. It seemed to have work almost immediately. I do not recommend this food at all. Either she developed an allergy to it or they started adding something to the food that is obviously not healthy. Pay the extra money and buy better food.

4health Dog Food Company Information