2.89/5
Based on 19 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Elk Grove Village, IL

21 Sam Stores Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2018

I glad to be able to resolve everything with Sam Stores, they have a great great management team. All orders are reviewed for accuracy, and immediately processed. I am back to business with them, also referring tens of customers to them. All items work great, flawless. I did appreciate their feedback calls.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I will never forget my bad experience with Sam Stores. Everyone should remember this website samstores.com. The customer service is poor, the delivery time is too long. I spent $2300 in appliances since April 12th. Till now, I am having a nightmare. He never received, every day bounces to the next day. I asked for refund and cancelation, but harder than ever. I am tired of calling every day. Their delivery company CENTRAL TRANSPORT is even worse.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I purchase instant pot here because they don't sell 220V in Amazon. But they never delivered. My invoice number is ** and their customer email address is info@samstore.com. Complete fraud. Never buy from them. All they did is to verify how to get my payment.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

A year ago we purchase a treadmill, Multistar. Almost to the year, with light usage, suddenly it stopped working. We live in Africa and to find the part to be replace is very hard. Almost impossible I can say. So, I figure if I order the part from SamStores I can just have it replace here. It has been a nightmare, since reported about 2 months ago. They have NO interest in help me. One of the agents even said, "WELL BUY ANOTHER TREADMILL". When I call they say "Yes, we are working on it", or "Peter is not here so we don't know", or "Call later." This is a terrible customer service. I DO NOT RECOMMENDED THIS STORE! Aside from the treadmill, before, we had bought 220v TV and they ended up sending a different model. They are not serious, they don't care to sell rubbish products and they charge you high prices and then don't care for the customer. Don't feed this kind of business. Don't buy from her.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2016

I placed an order for a region free blu ray player. I was thinking this was Sams Club instead it was Sam Stores. Instead of reading the reviews for this company before I placed the order, I was an idiot and read them after I placed the order. A lot of the reviews said that after you placed an order with Sam Stores, they will send you an email later on saying to call them concerning the order. Then they try to get you to pay more money for the item you ordered. The reviews also said that their customer service people were jerks and would yell at you for no reason. Well, guess what. All the negative reviews about Sam Stores were correct. The next day after placing the order, I received an email from Sam Stores saying to call them about the order. Then after calling them, I was told I needed to pay $40.00 more for the region free blu ray player that I just ordered. I told them to go ahead and cancel the order. I was placed on hold and then disconnected.

I had to call back and explain the situation to another customer service representative, who proceeded to yell at me and to be very rude because I asked to cancel the order. I do not expect this kind of treatment from a professional company. I'm still hoping to receive my refund but not holding my breath. All the negative comments about Sam Stores are correct, and I learned this the hard way. Avoid this company if you don't want headaches and rude customer service. I would rather pay a lot more money than to ever deal with this company again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sam Stores?

Original review: July 7, 2015

I ordered an LG phone. Before I received it they called me and informed me they had sent a wrong phone and to return it when I receive it. In the meantime I purchased another phone. I sent their phone back unopened and unused, I have not received a refund. When I contacted them they called me a liar and berated me. Worse company I ever dealt with.

Original review: June 8, 2015

New customer. Samstores exceeded my expectations. I definitely will shop Samstores again because competitive prices and outstanding customer satisfaction. I also will recommend Samstores to friends and family. They have the most knowledgeable salespeople and they don't get paid on commission, so they have no incentive to sell the more expensive item.

Original review: June 4, 2015

Fraudulent store. Gave me a runaround for 5 days, never sent my item. Wanted more money, lied every time I got them on the phone, about shipping the item, no invoice or tracking was ever provided, tried to extort more money! Do yourself a favor, don't waste your time!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2015

I had made many purchases in the past 5 years from Samstores. This is one of my preferred merchants to deal with. Great customer service oriented to solve any problems.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2014

My order arrived fast, but the item was damaged in shipping due to UPS mistake. I called customer service, he set up my shipping and paper work for a return and exchange. My exchanged region free blu ray arrived in new condition and so far works great.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I have, over the years, made a lot of purchases at Samstores, and they have always offered good service. I have had to change orders (before shipment) and change the delivery location. They has always been courteous and helpful. I couldn't possibly give them too high a rating.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

All my items have arrived in a good amount of time and were all packed well. It seems to me that all of their employees are very good too. They have always done their very best to resolve any issues that I have. Never have they given the whole run around about how they are "unable to do that" like other online retailers will. I will always buy from SamStores.com even if its cheaper somewhere else. Customer service representative, Peter, was fantastic - exceeding my expectations. The 220 volts appliances what I had ordered was in brand new condition and looks the same as displayed on their site. I wish all on-line retailer's customer service reps were as knowledgeable, professional and personable as Peter. I will definitely purchase from SamStores again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2014

I was moving in different state and bought Large & small Appliance online talk to Staff in Samstores. I was amazed with the help I was given by them with great experience of product knowledge & the best deal I ever had compare to other stores. I would recommend this stores to all online buyers specially looking for great product & deals.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2014

SamStores advertised some really top of the line appliances that I ordered from them. The ad said they were just received. Samstores accepted the money for the order and later communicated that they were out of the appliances - every one of the 6 that I ordered - and that they would replace them with better for the same cost. Who wouldn't like that! But, what I received all the way in St. Lucia in the Caribbean were outdated appliances that were already off the market for about 8 years already. When I called to complain, they said I had agreed with the replacements! I ended paying premium cost for outdated appliances that they said were better than what I had ordered. 4 televisions, 1 refrigerator, 1 gas stove and 1 top loading washing machine all 220 v.

Original review: May 16, 2014

I've bought several items from SamStores online and in the store. Both ways it's easy to find you're looking for and complete the purchase. The items arrive by the estimated date. The prices always seem to be the lowest online.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2014

I chose this site because they had the best prices and the phone was in stock. So I got the phone (black 8gb) and paid it. It was $394.00. After the order I did not get an email till 2 days later saying to call them... I called and turns out even now the phone was in stock when I got it, it wasn't in stock anymore and I would have to wait a week and even then it wasn't sure to get it. So the manager hooked me up with the 16gb in white for $36.00 more dollars. A week later I receive the phone (2 days late), set it up, put my screen protector on before turning it on and then noticed it was a 8gb version (there was actually no invoice in the box).

So I called them up and told them my story and the vendor started literally yelling at me and saying I was a bad customer for not checking the item they sent... After getting yelled at I asked to speak to the manager who told me he would give it to me for the price they got it for. I got 30 dollars back but it was still more than I originally paid for and it was not even the color I wanted and I still had not received an invoice. So after at least 2 weeks I got 15 more dollars back so 10 dollars less than I originally paid for but I had to send at least 10 emails to get the right invoice.

Point is I got the phone a week late, not the color I originally wanted and the whole process took me over two weeks with long phone calls, many emails and unfriendly vendors. Worst buying experience ever. I do not recommend!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2013

Missing 1 TV from the order... I have to call every day. They will put me on hold as if they were going to help but nothing... Each time, I was told the TV is shipped out but when I ask for tracking number, they always say they will call me or email it to me later, then nothing... I asked for refund and they refused... Did I mention that this particular TV is just a replacement TV of another one they listed online that they don't even have that I paid for the order? They call me to talk me into replacing the one I ordered with this one... It's more than a month that this is going on... Please stay away from this store!!!!!

Original review: July 5, 2012

I would recommend them. We were moving overseas and they got all my 220 volts appliances in my house in 5 days. I got a call from the trucking company one day before the delivery. All the product were nicely packed, brand new and sealed box. It was done very well. Also, we tested one of the 55" LED multi-standard T and it has excellent picture.

Original review: March 21, 2012

I was buying a new BlackBerry phone (unlocked GSM) from Samstores. I ordered it and got a confirmation for it; however, I got an email the following day that the one I wanted was not available and they talked me into getting a refurbished. Now, the refurb came in and it required activation. The battery was worn on the edges, so I sent it back and paid for the return. I called my sales associate on two occasions and he told me I would get my refund the moment they get the phone back. His name is Benny. He keeps telling me he would get to me on the issue, but never does. I was told awhile ago their policy doesn’t allow refunds, only exchange.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2010

I ordered a specific DVD unit from their website; they switched it and sent me a different unit. I returned it, and they kept it for 4 weeks before sending it back. When I called them and said I was sending it back again and to refund my money, they refused saying that the unit had been delivered over a month ago. I sent it back anyway and executed a chargeback on my VISA. The charge back was approved, and SamStores kept the unit (and they still have it, now for more than 2 months). A week ago they turned the matter over to a collection agency saying that I owe them the money back anyway, even though they still have possession of the unit. I will be contacting every government and private agency I can to try and have this "bait and switch" operation shut down. No damage other than realizing that this is just another scam operation that needs to go away.

Original review: April 16, 2010

I purchased a cellphone online on April 9, 2010 from Samstores. The sales rep said that the item was shipped on the 9th of April from Elk Grove Village, IL to Okemos, MI (approximately four hours of driving time). On April 12, 2010, after UPS' deliveries for our address were completed, I called Samstores to request a UPS tracking number. They said they did not have a tracking number and the item will be shipped today, the 12th. I said that the rep told me the item was already shipped on the 9th and I would receive it on the 12th.

They said it will definitely be shipped on the 12th. On the 13th, after the UPS delivery had come and gone, I called to ask for the tracking number and they gave me a tracking number. They said that the package was shipped on the 12th. The UPS tracking number I was given only shows that UPS received billing information on the 12th, and the package had not been shipped yet.

I contacted UPS to determine the ship date and they said that the item was shipped on the 13th. On the 14th at 18:00 EST, I received the package. The package and the contents were damaged and the item was not the item I ordered. I immediately contacted Samstores and told them that I am returning the incorrect, damaged item for a full refund on the 15th of April via FedEx, and I provided a tracking number for them. The package was delivered to them on the 16th and they refused delivery. So, they were made aware of the problems beforehand and knew that the return package was being delivered because I had provided them with the tracking information.

Dealing with this company is very difficult, as they do not do what they say they will do and the information they provide is false and misleading--both in the shipping and item description. The phone I received was for use in Europe, not in the U.S.A. as the rep had said it would be. And the phone's keypad had Arabic letters. I am frustrated and disappointed. This online purchase experience is the worst I have ever had, and I purchase many things online without incident. This company is fraudulent and they do not respond to my requests for a refund, that is why I am writing to you. Please contact me should you require additional information or documentation. Thank you.

Not sure about Sam Stores?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Deal Websites for you.

Sam Stores Company Information

www.samstores.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business