1.72/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

OpticsPlanet.com

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 5, 2017

89 OpticsPlanet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

When I purchased my product it said it was available and would arrive within 2 days with free shipping. Now the status is "waiting on order," with over 3 weeks estimated arrival. Shame on their dishonesty.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Don't order from them unless you have plenty of time to receive the product. I didn't find out until after I had placed the order that several items were not in stock. My order status kept saying estimated time for shipment 1-3 days. My order was shipped 10 days after I placed it, with one additional item still on back-order. It was too late for that last item so I tried to cancel the order. I removed it from my cart and when that didn't seem to work, I used their online form to change an order. I received a confirmation email saying someone would get back to me. They never did. Instead, they processed my order anyway.

When I did an online chat, I was told the product was in the warehouse being prepared for shipment. Okay. I asked them to stop preparing it because I no longer wanted it. They couldn't stop it or were too lazy to do the work to stop it. So, now I'm having to deal with my credit card company. This company is too frustrating to deal with. I wish I would have read these reviews before ordering. Someone at that company should take a look at how things are being managed, because it's being done poorly.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

So many items on this site are priced well below market price, and then one decides, "Yeah, everyone reviews them horribly, but I have to try to get it because it's so cheap." Well, they have some kinda BS going on because I haven't seen a single order fulfilled out of three orders I've placed there during the last six months. They seem to have absolutely no stock, and obviously have no relationship with suppliers given the prices.

I spoke to someone at the manufacturer of one of my purchases, who said that they get lots of complaints about OpticPlanet.com (and a few other online companies suspected of being owned by the same people) selling their products and the customers never, ever getting them. They made me wait 43 business days, apologized profusely a number of times through email for the delay, and then they just cancelled my order one day. Keep away!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Order confirmed and shipped on 09/08/17. FedEx sure post in Kent WA on 09/14/17 to be transferred to USPS for final delivery. On 09/18/17 USPS has no scan of the package, Last delivery promise was for Saturday 09/16/17. Tried to track thru USPS. Wrong tracking number and (no status available). Kent, WA is 20 miles away. 4 days to travel 20 miles by mail???

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Upon Contacting OpticsPlanet in reference to the placement of an order from one of their parent companies, I found the customer service personnel to be highly qualified, courteous, friendly and very professional. Actually, I was seeking information regarding an item purchased that was back ordered in which they assisted me greatly by inquiring to the manufacturer the date of delivery. An email was sent to me in a most efficient manner describing the estimated time of arrival. This type of management brings an aspect of professionalism to OpticsPlanet and is a reflection of their character.

In addition to the aforesaid, the prices attached to all of their items are reasonable, more than reasonable as they strive to be very competitive with the many retailers. The quality of the goods sold by OpticsPlanet are the very best. We would highly recommend OpticsPlanet to everyone, and an online retailer one can trust.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet.com?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I ordered a picatinny rail for my rifle and it arrived missing the screws to mount the base to the receiver. I called customer service today (8/1/17) and then the rep said he would put in a "request" for the missing screws. I will wait to see how long it takes to receive the parts (if they do in fact send them) and post a follow up at that time. Main point... They should not ship incomplete units. Poor quality control.

Original review: July 6, 2017

These people suck!! The item sent is not as described. Does not fit at all. Then they take forever to start the return process. Still have not received the money yet. They also will not pay back the full amount. Trying to keep ten dollars for shipping. I would not have asked for the piece of garbage to be shipped in the first place if the description was correct. Do business elsewhere. Once again, these people are sleazy and they Suck!!

Original review: June 21, 2017

I'm building a new AR and I'm doing it on a tight schedule. I called my gunsmith (who is a pro, worked as a pro, and knows his work) and he suggested I might find a good deal on an Aimpoint optic through this site. Which I did. I ordered on a Sunday so the order was waiting at opening on Monday, obviously. I also selected 3 day shipping as, again, I am building this on a tight schedule and am slated to leave town on Thursday of this same week. I had intended to have this weapon go with but customer service just tried to convince me that I will receive my package by end of the day on Thursday and that counts as three days. Maybe that's how shipping works. I've never expedited a package because I usually plan well. What I do know, is that I paid $40 for shipping when I could have reasonably gotten my package in the same time for free.

"3 day shipping" suggests to me that I will have my package within three days of them receiving the order. By my math, that would suggest that Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday would be the three days necessary to get it to me. At worst, Thursday morning would make sense. "End of day" Thursday on an expedited order placed on Sunday and shipped "3-day" does not justify the expense. Again, maybe it's just me, but I can't figure out how they call it 3-day, charge a premium for it and have it take 4. Just be advised before you expedite your purchase. Or, maybe consider another company. I wasn't convinced that customer service had any interest in seeing my point or refunding me the difference to accurately reflect the shipping I was actually receiving.

Original review: June 14, 2017

They shipped the item to the wrong address. After a few weeks of phone calls and emails, they did not want to do anything about it. They were very rude I just lost the item and the money. Go spend your money somewhere else.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Excellent service. Explained scope sunshield product fully. Ordered on May 31st-came in on June 6th as promised. I am very pleased with the service and I will recommend this company to all my friends and shooting buddies. I will definitely order from this company again.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I ordered an item from this company in which I paid extra to receive in 3-5 business days! That was 2 weeks ago. I still have not heard anything about the item I ordered, I have contacted customer service multiple times and still nothing!!! This company steals people's money if you let them. Do not order from this company!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: May 18, 2017

Poor attitude. After dealing with these you guys, I call Wilson Combat direct, they know how to take care of a customer and are shipping the Wilson Combat TRARM30 1-Pc Base and Ring Combo 30MM Accu-Rizer overnight. I guess you are a small company working out of garage, or just don't care about your customer. Maybe you need hired a few people in shipping. I would never ever deal with you again.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Before purchasing I saw all the horrible reviews. However, I thought to myself, I'm not ordering those types of products. I don't see any bad reviews for what I'm ordering. I think it will be ok. Placed order. Next day I receive an out of stock announcement and it will take 7-18 days. Gave them 18 business days (not calendar days), not a single update during that time. Just a bunch of spam emails trying to sell me junk. On 18 day I call and find out the product is still back order and won't be available for another 2 weeks. I ask why I wasn't notified. Was told: "things change". Yes, "things change". If someone was paying attention they would know it changed and should have provided me an update. I know this isn't the worst thing that ever happened, but the way they do business is just so flippant. Really irritating. Stay away.

Original review: April 8, 2017

Buyer beware of these folks. Their customer service is run by a group of children. Purchased a laser sight, which did not work as advertised, had problems with on/off switch, beam strength and power consumption. Returned it using the same method it was shipped to me USPS, and their supplied return label. The item was received at their location on 3/20/17 at 11:15 AM. They denied then subsequently admitted receipt three days later, 3/23/17. Sent me an email stating I might get my refund within a week or maybe two weeks. Well it is now 4/8/17 and still no refund. If you find yourself in a similar situation, don't waste time haggling, just file a complaint with BBB, State Consumer Affairs Dept and the Feds. These people are flakes!

Original review: April 1, 2017

I ordered front and rear sights for a rifle from OpticsPlanet. The day the package was supposedly delivered, I never received anything. It was delivered SOMEWHERE, just not to MY door. I fully blame the mail carrier for this though. I called OpticsPlanet and told them I didn't receive my package. They were very nice, but told me to call back in 2 weeks, just to make sure that the package didn't happen to "show up." I waited the 2 weeks and called back, and they were very accommodating and willing to refund my money or ship the product again, which they did. Very pleased with their customer service.

Resolution response: April 4, 2017

The vendor has resolved my complaint. They are very nice people.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Like previous buyers have said, I ordered an item and paid for it immediately. Ten days later, they sent me a message to say the item is not in stock and will take another 5 to 10 days. There were ten other companies online that had the item in stock. Had I known that, I would not have ordered from OpticsPlanet. GONE are the days when you went into a store and ordered an item for delivery three weeks later. These people are still living in 1985. Online sellers should either have the item IN STOCK, or... not display it on their site. This is 2017. Everyone now expects fast delivery. This vendor scores a zero for online commerce fulfillment. Jeesh!

Original review: March 17, 2017

In violation of federal law, this company advertises a product they do not have in stock, does not identify in their website that they do not have the product, and posts a potential ship date three weeks later. They ship the item and so notify me, but there is no communication from Fedex of the potential date of delivery. Then I find they have used the USPS, instead of Fedex and the post office will not deliver in the same manners as UPS or Fedex. Very poor communication. Will never buy from them again and this is not my first purchase, just my last.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Wow where to begin. While searching for an Item, a red banner pops up telling me special offer on an already discounted item so I hit chat. The guy offers me %6 off... I ask, "On top of the %12 I already have?" He says, "No I can only enter one code." WHAT! Why would I take your %6 offer when I already have %12, that make no sense at all. So I decide to call and speak to a live person. I called several times over several days, each time getting a different offer from %6 -%20 off the same Item. Someone else could have called that day and paid full price just because he/she got a different rep. Doesn’t seem right.

My purchase is said to arrive on a Thurs, but doesn't show up till Friday. The box is damaged, opened, product has been handled, nothing wrapped in plastic, paperwork missing and there is what looks like dried grass and leaves in the box. So I call OpticsPlanet and get ZACK. He promised to overnight a replacement. I call Sat afternoon to check if the order was processed. (NO NOT YET) I have to wait for a manager approval he says. "But you put me on hold Friday to talk to a manager who already gave you the go ahead..." "YA but I need Final approval and the manager isn't in until Monday." But he promises to take care of it first thing Monday.

I call Monday (WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED) Kim says ZACKS not in today. But she said she would process it AFTER SHE SPEAKS TO A MANAGER... So she gets the ok and tells me it could take up to 24 hrs to processes then ship to FedEx and they will overnight. On top of all this the weatherman says winter storm Tues and Wed, which no doubt will delay deliveries. Meantime my credit card has already been charged $1500.00 and I have nothing.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Biggest joke of a company I have ever tried to buy from: Ordered a pistol barrel from them. I ordered one that was Black fluted. What I received after waiting over a week was one in Hunter green. I called and told them they had shipped me the wrong product. They told me to return it and when it got back to them they would send me the correct product.

I told the lady I didn't want to wait that long and she said I had no choice that they couldn't send me anything until I returned what they had sent me. I told her I'd just place a new order if she would assure me this wouldn't happen again. She assured me it wouldn't. She sent me a return authorization and I shipped the product back and placed a new order for what I ordered the first time. Lo and behold my second shipment arrived about a week later with the exact wrong product again.

At this point I returned the second incorrect order and told them all I wanted was my money back. After numerous calls and online chats I was assured my money would be refunded shortly. Tonight I get an email saying my "order" is ready to ship but I need to send them 29.95 more before they can ship it. I honestly can't believe this. Worst company I ever tried to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Buyer beware. OPTICSPLANET INC customer service rep are charging credit cards without your authorization. I open a fraud case with my bank towards OPTICSPLANET INC. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP I TALKED WITH NAME WAS BILL. No last name, buyer beware.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Horrible transaction. The folks that read this please understand I am not trying to hurt OpticsPlanet. I'm simply trying to keep you from having the same bad experience I did. So here it goes. Bought two scopes - one scope was $400 category and the other scope was a Nightforce NSX $2000 category. My order arrived on time however the reticle was a MilDot and I ordered MOAR. Contacted customer service, was given a free return label and shipped the scope back. My tracking number said they received it 4 days later then a email they were processing my refund. Over 20 days had passed and still no refund. I contacted them by email and they stated they received a Trinity rifle scope and not a Nightforce. I have never heard of or purchased a Trinity scope. I believe in face-to-face conversations or at least over the phone. I am not a keyboard warrior.

I called customer service and they assured me it was some type of mishandling. When they located the scope they would call me. A few days later another email stating they would process my return then still several more days and received a email stating they were not refunding my money because they did not receive the Nightforce scope back. So for 20 days the return sat in their hands not processed. Now I will not refund my money. I am not the type that will stand for that. It sounds to me as though they have problems with handling in their warehouse and returns or dishonest employees. Nevertheless I am left the victim. After sending over a dozen emails with no response or no details of what happened to the scope I returned. I called my credit card company and notified them.

In conclusion I should've done my research better but they are such a big company I assumed I was safe. However take time and read thousands of bad reviews on the Internet and thousands of negative feedback on eBay. The internet even listed that they had several employees who were stealing optics and selling them to another store. This is not the kind of company I will deal with again. What would you do if you were in my position? My hope is OpticsPlanet improves their handling and receiving procedures.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I would give 0 stars if I could. My experience with the comps is absolutely horrendous. 4 orders in the same month. On their website they will have everything listed as in stock. The second you purchase your items. You will receive an email listing all the items in your cart that you paid for that they either do not have in stock or they don't even currently sell those items anymore. I cancelled each item and still have yet to receive my refund for anything. I call them every day and nothing. All they say is "we're working on it." This website is a scam and have nothing but worthless liars working for them. DO NOT EVER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM FOR ANY REASON. You think you're getting a deal and they're just trying to steal your money.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I ordered a gun safe from Optics Planet and they never shipped it. Calls to their customer service number go unreturned. You must call the customer service number and wait on hold for 5-10 minutes to talk to someone. I was told twice that the product was on backorder. So I called the manufacture to find out when the product would be available. The manufacturer said the product was available and had been available. The manufacturer said they never received an order for my item. All I can figure is Optics Planet did not want to honor the sale price and wanted me to cancel the order. There are better companies out there.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

Purchased 2 Beretta chokes for 12 gauge shotgun... Denied purchase by risk management team because my Credit Card was Canadian and I had a USA address. I live 4 months in Florida every year and purchase many, many items under these conditions. The items I was purchasing can be bought by anyone at any Sporting Goods Stores (Bass Pro, Cabelas, Gander Mountain, etc) right off of the shelf in blister packs... OpticsPlanet suggest there is some export issue!!! Get with it Planet Risk Management... You obviously lack knowledge in this area. Get educated to the issues and further, have the courtesy to answer e-mails when sent... I guess I will take my business elsewhere and tell everyone about their lack of knowledge.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

Ordering from OpticsPlanet was as easy as ordering from Amazon and they had a better price too. The customer service were very friendly and the package arrived on time and as described. If I needed any more microscope gear I would surely order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2016

After placing an order and not receiving any information about shipping within a week, I decide to find out if this is a fake company with a nice website. Find out that I am not the only one who had been scammed by OpticsPlanet, Inc. I had sent to e-mail to the company requesting a shipping day and tracking number, and no answer. In their web page do not have any way you can cancel the order just a canceled order that may be there for decoration only.

The problem that this company create by holding the money and the merchandise, put the customer in a position that have to buy the product in another place and fast. As I had read the review, this company does not care about the customer's needs. I had been looking for a way to get the money back and cancel the order. I used PayPal to pay, something that was a good choice due they care of companies like this and we get the money back. I paid $339.00 for a Cazal frame for a prescription glasses that need to be done before the end of the year. I have to use the vision benefits before it expire at the end of this month. That put me in a situation to go to another local place and buy whatever frames for my prescription glasses that they might have and not the choice I wish.

Second time that this happens to me with this kind of business. I should had done a researches of the legitimacy of companies like this doing business and check the reviews from other people that had gone through the same struggles. My recommendation is that business like this should be out of business. They do not deserve to rip off customers who wants to buy from internet companies with good faith. I hope that this review help save some time to others and money.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

For a company to exist in 2016 and beyond they must have good logistics and great customer service. I order a product online on a Saturday and paid with my PayPal account. On Tuesday I inquired about why my order was still at Order Placed. She informed me that all orders over the weekend get processed on Monday and that they "should" be updating the tracking information later in the day.

On Wednesday, there was still no update. I called them for an updated, they had no information other than telling me that since I paid with PayPal it would take additional time for the payment to credit my account. I asked to speak to a manager to give them some much need suggestion on how to update their order status. Order Placed is not informative enough for a customer to know what stage the order process is in. I also wanted to ask the management why it was not possible to cancel my order. The customer service rep told be that once the order has been place I could not cancel my order. They told me that NO manager was available because they were "too busy".

I asked the rep, with their experience with the how their logistics works with past customers would my order ship on Wednesday. She told me that it "should" and the shipping information will be updated on the order. She also told me that she would follow up with be the next day and never once did she ask if I still want a manager to follow up with me.

On Thursday, no update and no call from the rep who said they would call me the next day. I call them back and I was on hold for a long time. It got to the point where the phone system said that call volume was high, leave a message and someone would call me back. So I did. Couple of hours passed, NO phone call. I called them back and asked for an update. Same story, they have no update other than it a tracking number should be available soon. I told them I call for the past three days asking for some type of update. She told me that on my account, only 1 other person put notes in my account. I told them I wanted to cancel my order. They told me that I may not be possible to cancel it.

When I asked why they then explained, the order is a picked. What change for the couple of minutes of talking to them to now that all of sudden they had a different order status for my order. I forced them to put the request to cancel the order. I also asked them what happens with my order if it ships because their logistics could not cancel the order. They told me to return the order and that they would waive the return cost. I had them note that in my account. Late Thursday afternoon I receive an email that my order was shipping and it would be arriving on Friday, the very next day. Friday morning, I check the tracking number; the package was misrouted due to "Barcode label unreadable and replaced". The shipping location is the next town over from me and the order was sent 30 miles further.

Not a good company to deal with. I having been purchasing online items for many years now. This is the first company that being 2016 their technology is from the early 90's. They really need to step off with the customer service and logistics. They need to update their order tracking system with additional status, inform customer on about the processing of order and payment process, update their systems with the ability to cancel orders at any time, training the customer service reps to log all phone calls, better training on how to explain order processing through their system to better inform the customer, have management available for phone calls, if not a team lead some with the responsible to log issues like mine and to follow up properly.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

Awful. Do not buy from them. Warning you now. You may or may not receive your product. But I can guarantee the shipment time frame is false. They use the cheapest method possible to get your product to you so it takes twice as long as they state. And when you contact customer service - they do not care. JUST BEWARE AND KNOW THAT WHEN YOU ORDER FROM THEM - YOU ARE TAKING A 50/50 SHOT AT GETTING YOUR PRODUCT!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

My father ordered scope mounts for his AR. His package was tracked right up until the time that it went from FedEx to postal service, then it stops. We called and were told to give it time. Days later we called again and were told they were delivered when they were not. We were then told to give it more time. (Now well over 2 weeks have passed from ordering). Gave it a few more days and called again. We were told to fill out a form, we did this and faxed it in. Gave it a few more days and called again. We were told they did not receive the fax. We then re faxed the paperwork and still have heard nothing!! Now we are a month out from when the item was ordered and the money was taken from my father's acct, we still have no mounts and all we keep being told is give it time.

My father will be leaving in 3 days for his winter home and we still have no closure on this issue. When we called today they stated that our case just opened on the 7th of this month because that is when they say they received the second paperwork. They apparently do not count the 3 weeks prior with phone calls every week where we were told to give it time. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen and I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. This company has (as far as I'm concerned) stolen my father's money and not delivered the guaranteed product, they did not follow the guidelines written on their website and we still see no resolution. DO NOT trust this company!! There are much more reliable distributors available!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I have ordered a few different items from OpticsPlanet prices are good but shipping is a joke. If you are in no rush for your item they are great. If you pay for 3 day shipping and get it in 7 to 18 days don't be surprised, it happened to me twice.

OpticsPlanet.com Company Information