Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.56/5

OpticsPlanet.com Reviews

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I have read the bad reviews on this company. I have had only excellent experiences with this company multiple times. Ordering was easy. Everything arrived exactly what I expected. In the event that there was a back order they informed me and I received them in a reasonable time. I will continue to do business with them.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

To start with, I've read some reviews about Optics Planet/Campsaver prior buying from them and, truth be told, I was a little bit worried when I made my purchase, because most of the reviews were negative, but there were some positive feedbacks as well, so they (and the lowest price in the market) convinced me to make purchase. Maybe I got lucky, but I've got exactly what I expected and even more (I also got some bonuses for my next purchase). I've received new and original boots which were much cheaper than even on the manufacturer's website. My main concern was that the boots I've ordered could be fake ones/damaged or something like that, but they weren't. They came in original packaging, with all the labels and they are 100% originals! And I'm so happy to have them.

All in all, I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews. Perhaps OpticsPlanet, indeed, have a lot that they need to work on. And I guess they have to pay attention on the reviews. But for the sake of justice I just wanted to share my experience with you. Hope it helps! Nevertheless, based on the negative feedbacks, I suggest you to be vigilant and ask managers as many questions as you need about the product you want prior buying from here, just to be on the safe side. And yeah! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2019

Call me lucky I guess, can't say I've ever had a bad experience with OpticsPlanet and I've been buying from them for years. It's been stress free for me. Every time I've made a call to them, either after work or on a Saturday there is the standard robo stuff but they've always answered. I also emailed tech questions and always hear back by the next day. I'm not believing that their pricing is the best but can certainly say they've provided me superior service over the years and I appreciate their no BS return policy. In my opinion they do a great job, so there, now maybe they will send me a discount coupon? (just kidding OP)

Original review: May 24, 2019

I don't typically write reviews but I felt that in this particular case, something was warranted. I have only shopped with OpticsPlanet.com one other time aside from the following experience where I had purchased a holster. It wasn't an overly expensive holster but it suited my needs and I received it within a week or two.

Fast forward to a few months later and I found myself looking for a new backpack. I was particularly interested in the Eberlestock Warhammer and I began to do some price checking. My search brought me to OpticsPlanet and I saw that they were having a sale on this particular pack. Not only were they having a sale but they also had an additional coupon code available that brought the price down to close to $75 below the going retail rate. I noted that they only had one pack in the coyote brown available, all other options were back ordered. Wanting to take advantage of the superb price, I quickly added to cart and completed my purchase.

As soon as I made the purchase, my credit card company contacted me, asking me to verify my purchase. I found this rather odd but it raised a flag with me all the same. I confirmed the purchase but something still wasn't sitting right with me so I went to look up my emails regarding my prior holster purchase. I couldn't find the emails and I began to get increasingly alarmed, thinking that maybe I had been mistaken in regards to who I had purchased the holster from. So I started to look up reviews regarding this particular company and I became further distressed. The reviews are not good and though there seems to be cases where the goods get delivered or at least refunds issued, there seems to be an enormous amount of hassle and their inventory tracking software seems less than accurate.

I soon remembered that I might have paid for the holster via PayPal and I checked my PayPal records and did indeed find the transaction where I had certainly paid OpticsPlanet. This put my mind somewhat at ease. However, I was worried that I might have become a victim of the "bait and switch" tactics that seem to prevail according to the reviews. Completely expecting a notification that my backpack was back ordered, I was quite surprised to receive a shipping notice the following day.

Immense relief ensued but I was still cautious and figured that I would be even happier to see the item on the move. I opted for the "value" shipping as it saved me 25 bucks but I would not recommend it if you are in a hurry. Keeping an eye on the tracking was akin to watching paint dry and it was aggravatingly slow. Nevertheless, despite my misgivings and my impatience regarding the shipping, my pack arrived and I couldn't be more pleased with it. I will be taking it on its maiden adventure this weekend. So to summarize a bit: Despite the concerns I had, this company delivered and I got an exceptional product at a terrific price. The 4 stars is simply due to my own angst and the speed of the shipping but ultimately, I received what I paid for and that is all that matters in the end.

Original review: March 14, 2019

OpticsPlanet is an excellent retailer comprised of high quality personnel. I’ve been placing orders through OpticsPlanet for nearly three years, as this is my fourth order. There has never, not ever been any issues or concerns as the staff and personnel have always been very professional, courteous, and most efficient in assisting the customer. In fact, OpticsPlanet has provided discounts to us, whereby many other retailers are more concerned with the inflow of cash.

Every time I’ve placed a call to OpticsPlanet, there has always been someone on the other end to readily assist me in a most timely fashion. Yes, on rare occasions one may have to wait but that is contingent upon the hectic, fast pace of a retailer (OpticsPlanet) trying to fill orders, as well as brisk sales during holiday periods. Emails sent are always answered; as details further enhance upon, and provide the needed documentation relating to our order(s).

Their prices are very reasonable, more so than the many retailers attached to the world wide web. OpticsPlanet carries a large variety of optics, hunting, shooting gear, apparel, tools, photography equipment, action cameras, and much, much, more. Our family has never been dissatisfied with any merchandise we received from OpticsPlanet. The items are always well boxed and always arrive in excellent condition. In terms of their shipping, we have found no abnormalities relating to a lengthy time frame.

I prepared this review due to OpticsPlanet providing concierge service to us each and every time; failing not. In so doing, I found many reviews mocking OpticsPlanet in various ways which we cannot believe. Some of the stories seem far fetched to me and are overly saturated with assertions, innuendos, surmises, and mere conjecture. If any read some of the negative comments, one can readily see an innumerable amount of linguistic errors, and notice strings of meaningless diatribe that are just unbelievable.

We provide positive feedback where the merchant has treated us with respect, being more than fair in all areas relating to business management, and always strives to aid the customer. This is what we have seen first hand in the course of our purchases. We consider OpticsPlanet a very viable source to acquire many things, and as stated earlier; an excellent retailer. We would highly recommend OpticsPlanet to everyone as the premier source of quality goods. Try to find any better. We hope the best for OpticsPlanet, the staff and personnel, now, and in the future. I’m so confident in OpticsPlanet, I’m writing this review without even receiving my latest order, just placed this 13th Day of March 2019.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet.com?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
          Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Placed order for Leupold red dot sight. Amount of order immediately taken off gift card. Order placed on hold because payment processed as credit card. Spent well over two hours on phone in multiple calls. Promised would go out 2nd day air by today. Got email at end of day saying order still on hold. Now told money was being put back on card but could take days before I see my money back on card. Only then will order be again placed. Could not get Optics Planet to overnight item even after the total inconvenience due to what I can only label as incompetence. I will probably not order again from them especially if I need something right away.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any frustration we have caused you. Customer service is our number one priority. We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. Shipping has been revised to UPS Overnight and tracking sent via email when available. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I have placed three orders with OpticsPlanet.com, only to cancel them after a couple weeks and the orders not being processed. Every time the website shows all the items in stock, but when I place the order, suddenly, none of the items were in stock. They show great prices, but who wants to wait weeks for something that you are charged for immediately.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent experience. We apologize for the frustration this caused. Customers can check product availability by clicking under the add to cart button. Unfortunately some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. This being said the information you were provided with is all the information we obtained from the manufacturer. We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

I purchased a slide assembly on 2019-12-01 when the item was still showing in stock. After a few days, the item shows as back ordered, and my order status became waiting for item. The initial ETA was early January, and then it was changed to unknown. I logged into the website today (2020-02-01), and was surprised to see my order was cancelled while the product shows as discontinued. There is not any form of communication about my order cancellation. It is shame that it took this company two months to realize a product was discontinued. With such a terrible practice, I would STAY AWAY from this company.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I am not happy with this company at all. Even though I save a little bit of money on items, the fact that I scour the site looking for IN STOCK items only when making purchases only to receive emails after I've paid my money irritates me to no end. I will avoid at all costs items that are labeled out of stock. They always claim they're out of stock on the most crucial parts that I order too. Out of stock items are also not billed the same as the day you purchased the item. The last purchase(s) I made was huge. Over $1k but the items I needed most were out of stock. On top of that, they later billed me for a MUCH HIGHER price on the item because it's always changing. They also did not honor the 11% off coupon I utilized when making that order. That's BS.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Ordered a frame on December 5, 2019 - a Christmas gift. Received the item on January 21, 2020 - two days short of 7 weeks. Full refund only for store credit. Utterly deceitful emails along the line: 'you'll receive the item shortly,' 'we'll be shipping it promptly,' 'we are preparing the item for shipping.' A total disgrace. I am astounded they're still in business.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

OpticsPlanet.com Company Information