OpticsPlanet.com

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Excellent service. Explained scope sunshield product fully. Ordered on May 31st-came in on June 6th as promised. I am very pleased with the service and I will recommend this company to all my friends and shooting buddies. I will definitely order from this company again.

I ordered an item from this company in which I paid extra to receive in 3-5 business days! That was 2 weeks ago. I still have not heard anything about the item I ordered, I have contacted customer service multiple times and still nothing!!! This company steals people's money if you let them. Do not order from this company!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Poor attitude. After dealing with these you guys, I call Wilson Combat direct, they know how to take care of a customer and are shipping the Wilson Combat TRARM30 1-Pc Base and Ring Combo 30MM Accu-Rizer overnight. I guess you are a small company working out of garage, or just don't care about your customer. Maybe you need hired a few people in shipping. I would never ever deal with you again.

Before purchasing I saw all the horrible reviews. However, I thought to myself, I'm not ordering those types of products. I don't see any bad reviews for what I'm ordering. I think it will be ok. Placed order. Next day I receive an out of stock announcement and it will take 7-18 days. Gave them 18 business days (not calendar days), not a single update during that time. Just a bunch of spam emails trying to sell me junk. On 18 day I call and find out the product is still back order and won't be available for another 2 weeks. I ask why I wasn't notified. Was told: "things change". Yes, "things change". If someone was paying attention they would know it changed and should have provided me an update. I know this isn't the worst thing that ever happened, but the way they do business is just so flippant. Really irritating. Stay away.

Buyer beware of these folks. Their customer service is run by a group of children. Purchased a laser sight, which did not work as advertised, had problems with on/off switch, beam strength and power consumption. Returned it using the same method it was shipped to me USPS, and their supplied return label. The item was received at their location on 3/20/17 at 11:15 AM. They denied then subsequently admitted receipt three days later, 3/23/17. Sent me an email stating I might get my refund within a week or maybe two weeks. Well it is now 4/8/17 and still no refund. If you find yourself in a similar situation, don't waste time haggling, just file a complaint with BBB, State Consumer Affairs Dept and the Feds. These people are flakes!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet.com?

I ordered front and rear sights for a rifle from OpticsPlanet. The day the package was supposedly delivered, I never received anything. It was delivered SOMEWHERE, just not to MY door. I fully blame the mail carrier for this though. I called OpticsPlanet and told them I didn't receive my package. They were very nice, but told me to call back in 2 weeks, just to make sure that the package didn't happen to "show up." I waited the 2 weeks and called back, and they were very accommodating and willing to refund my money or ship the product again, which they did. Very pleased with their customer service.

Consumer Increased Rating!

The vendor has resolved my complaint. They are very nice people.

Don of Washington, DC on

Original Review

Like previous buyers have said, I ordered an item and paid for it immediately. Ten days later, they sent me a message to say the item is not in stock and will take another 5 to 10 days. There were ten other companies online that had the item in stock. Had I known that, I would not have ordered from OpticsPlanet. GONE are the days when you went into a store and ordered an item for delivery three weeks later. These people are still living in 1985. Online sellers should either have the item IN STOCK, or... not display it on their site. This is 2017. Everyone now expects fast delivery. This vendor scores a zero for online commerce fulfillment. Jeesh!

In violation of federal law, this company advertises a product they do not have in stock, does not identify in their website that they do not have the product, and posts a potential ship date three weeks later. They ship the item and so notify me, but there is no communication from Fedex of the potential date of delivery. Then I find they have used the USPS, instead of Fedex and the post office will not deliver in the same manners as UPS or Fedex. Very poor communication. Will never buy from them again and this is not my first purchase, just my last.

Wow where to begin. While searching for an Item, a red banner pops up telling me special offer on an already discounted item so I hit chat. The guy offers me %6 off... I ask, "On top of the %12 I already have?" He says, "No I can only enter one code." WHAT! Why would I take your %6 offer when I already have %12, that make no sense at all. So I decide to call and speak to a live person. I called several times over several days, each time getting a different offer from %6 -%20 off the same Item. Someone else could have called that day and paid full price just because he/she got a different rep. Doesn’t seem right.

My purchase is said to arrive on a Thurs, but doesn't show up till Friday. The box is damaged, opened, product has been handled, nothing wrapped in plastic, paperwork missing and there is what looks like dried grass and leaves in the box. So I call OpticsPlanet and get ZACK. He promised to overnight a replacement. I call Sat afternoon to check if the order was processed. (NO NOT YET) I have to wait for a manager approval he says. "But you put me on hold Friday to talk to a manager who already gave you the go ahead..." "YA but I need Final approval and the manager isn't in until Monday." But he promises to take care of it first thing Monday.

I call Monday (WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED) Kim says ZACKS not in today. But she said she would process it AFTER SHE SPEAKS TO A MANAGER... So she gets the ok and tells me it could take up to 24 hrs to processes then ship to FedEx and they will overnight. On top of all this the weatherman says winter storm Tues and Wed, which no doubt will delay deliveries. Meantime my credit card has already been charged $1500.00 and I have nothing.

Biggest joke of a company I have ever tried to buy from: Ordered a pistol barrel from them. I ordered one that was Black fluted. What I received after waiting over a week was one in Hunter green. I called and told them they had shipped me the wrong product. They told me to return it and when it got back to them they would send me the correct product.

I told the lady I didn't want to wait that long and she said I had no choice that they couldn't send me anything until I returned what they had sent me. I told her I'd just place a new order if she would assure me this wouldn't happen again. She assured me it wouldn't. She sent me a return authorization and I shipped the product back and placed a new order for what I ordered the first time. Lo and behold my second shipment arrived about a week later with the exact wrong product again.

At this point I returned the second incorrect order and told them all I wanted was my money back. After numerous calls and online chats I was assured my money would be refunded shortly. Tonight I get an email saying my "order" is ready to ship but I need to send them 29.95 more before they can ship it. I honestly can't believe this. Worst company I ever tried to deal with.

Buyer beware. OPTICSPLANET INC customer service rep are charging credit cards without your authorization. I open a fraud case with my bank towards OPTICSPLANET INC. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP I TALKED WITH NAME WAS BILL. No last name, buyer beware.

Horrible transaction. The folks that read this please understand I am not trying to hurt OpticsPlanet. I'm simply trying to keep you from having the same bad experience I did. So here it goes. Bought two scopes - one scope was $400 category and the other scope was a Nightforce NSX $2000 category. My order arrived on time however the reticle was a MilDot and I ordered MOAR. Contacted customer service, was given a free return label and shipped the scope back. My tracking number said they received it 4 days later then a email they were processing my refund. Over 20 days had passed and still no refund. I contacted them by email and they stated they received a Trinity rifle scope and not a Nightforce. I have never heard of or purchased a Trinity scope. I believe in face-to-face conversations or at least over the phone. I am not a keyboard warrior.

I called customer service and they assured me it was some type of mishandling. When they located the scope they would call me. A few days later another email stating they would process my return then still several more days and received a email stating they were not refunding my money because they did not receive the Nightforce scope back. So for 20 days the return sat in their hands not processed. Now I will not refund my money. I am not the type that will stand for that. It sounds to me as though they have problems with handling in their warehouse and returns or dishonest employees. Nevertheless I am left the victim. After sending over a dozen emails with no response or no details of what happened to the scope I returned. I called my credit card company and notified them.

In conclusion I should've done my research better but they are such a big company I assumed I was safe. However take time and read thousands of bad reviews on the Internet and thousands of negative feedback on eBay. The internet even listed that they had several employees who were stealing optics and selling them to another store. This is not the kind of company I will deal with again. What would you do if you were in my position? My hope is OpticsPlanet improves their handling and receiving procedures.

I would give 0 stars if I could. My experience with the comps is absolutely horrendous. 4 orders in the same month. On their website they will have everything listed as in stock. The second you purchase your items. You will receive an email listing all the items in your cart that you paid for that they either do not have in stock or they don't even currently sell those items anymore. I cancelled each item and still have yet to receive my refund for anything. I call them every day and nothing. All they say is "we're working on it." This website is a scam and have nothing but worthless liars working for them. DO NOT EVER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM FOR ANY REASON. You think you're getting a deal and they're just trying to steal your money.

I ordered a gun safe from Optics Planet and they never shipped it. Calls to their customer service number go unreturned. You must call the customer service number and wait on hold for 5-10 minutes to talk to someone. I was told twice that the product was on backorder. So I called the manufacture to find out when the product would be available. The manufacturer said the product was available and had been available. The manufacturer said they never received an order for my item. All I can figure is Optics Planet did not want to honor the sale price and wanted me to cancel the order. There are better companies out there.

Purchased 2 Beretta chokes for 12 gauge shotgun... Denied purchase by risk management team because my Credit Card was Canadian and I had a USA address. I live 4 months in Florida every year and purchase many, many items under these conditions. The items I was purchasing can be bought by anyone at any Sporting Goods Stores (Bass Pro, Cabelas, Gander Mountain, etc) right off of the shelf in blister packs... OpticsPlanet suggest there is some export issue!!! Get with it Planet Risk Management... You obviously lack knowledge in this area. Get educated to the issues and further, have the courtesy to answer e-mails when sent... I guess I will take my business elsewhere and tell everyone about their lack of knowledge.

Ordering from OpticsPlanet was as easy as ordering from Amazon and they had a better price too. The customer service were very friendly and the package arrived on time and as described. If I needed any more microscope gear I would surely order from them again.

After placing an order and not receiving any information about shipping within a week, I decide to find out if this is a fake company with a nice website. Find out that I am not the only one who had been scammed by OpticsPlanet, Inc. I had sent to e-mail to the company requesting a shipping day and tracking number, and no answer. In their web page do not have any way you can cancel the order just a canceled order that may be there for decoration only.

The problem that this company create by holding the money and the merchandise, put the customer in a position that have to buy the product in another place and fast. As I had read the review, this company does not care about the customer's needs. I had been looking for a way to get the money back and cancel the order. I used PayPal to pay, something that was a good choice due they care of companies like this and we get the money back. I paid $339.00 for a Cazal frame for a prescription glasses that need to be done before the end of the year. I have to use the vision benefits before it expire at the end of this month. That put me in a situation to go to another local place and buy whatever frames for my prescription glasses that they might have and not the choice I wish.

Second time that this happens to me with this kind of business. I should had done a researches of the legitimacy of companies like this doing business and check the reviews from other people that had gone through the same struggles. My recommendation is that business like this should be out of business. They do not deserve to rip off customers who wants to buy from internet companies with good faith. I hope that this review help save some time to others and money.

For a company to exist in 2016 and beyond they must have good logistics and great customer service. I order a product online on a Saturday and paid with my PayPal account. On Tuesday I inquired about why my order was still at Order Placed. She informed me that all orders over the weekend get processed on Monday and that they "should" be updating the tracking information later in the day.

On Wednesday, there was still no update. I called them for an updated, they had no information other than telling me that since I paid with PayPal it would take additional time for the payment to credit my account. I asked to speak to a manager to give them some much need suggestion on how to update their order status. Order Placed is not informative enough for a customer to know what stage the order process is in. I also wanted to ask the management why it was not possible to cancel my order. The customer service rep told be that once the order has been place I could not cancel my order. They told me that NO manager was available because they were "too busy".

I asked the rep, with their experience with the how their logistics works with past customers would my order ship on Wednesday. She told me that it "should" and the shipping information will be updated on the order. She also told me that she would follow up with be the next day and never once did she ask if I still want a manager to follow up with me.

On Thursday, no update and no call from the rep who said they would call me the next day. I call them back and I was on hold for a long time. It got to the point where the phone system said that call volume was high, leave a message and someone would call me back. So I did. Couple of hours passed, NO phone call. I called them back and asked for an update. Same story, they have no update other than it a tracking number should be available soon. I told them I call for the past three days asking for some type of update. She told me that on my account, only 1 other person put notes in my account. I told them I wanted to cancel my order. They told me that I may not be possible to cancel it.

When I asked why they then explained, the order is a picked. What change for the couple of minutes of talking to them to now that all of sudden they had a different order status for my order. I forced them to put the request to cancel the order. I also asked them what happens with my order if it ships because their logistics could not cancel the order. They told me to return the order and that they would waive the return cost. I had them note that in my account. Late Thursday afternoon I receive an email that my order was shipping and it would be arriving on Friday, the very next day. Friday morning, I check the tracking number; the package was misrouted due to "Barcode label unreadable and replaced". The shipping location is the next town over from me and the order was sent 30 miles further.

Not a good company to deal with. I having been purchasing online items for many years now. This is the first company that being 2016 their technology is from the early 90's. They really need to step off with the customer service and logistics. They need to update their order tracking system with additional status, inform customer on about the processing of order and payment process, update their systems with the ability to cancel orders at any time, training the customer service reps to log all phone calls, better training on how to explain order processing through their system to better inform the customer, have management available for phone calls, if not a team lead some with the responsible to log issues like mine and to follow up properly.

Awful. Do not buy from them. Warning you now. You may or may not receive your product. But I can guarantee the shipment time frame is false. They use the cheapest method possible to get your product to you so it takes twice as long as they state. And when you contact customer service - they do not care. JUST BEWARE AND KNOW THAT WHEN YOU ORDER FROM THEM - YOU ARE TAKING A 50/50 SHOT AT GETTING YOUR PRODUCT!

My father ordered scope mounts for his AR. His package was tracked right up until the time that it went from FedEx to postal service, then it stops. We called and were told to give it time. Days later we called again and were told they were delivered when they were not. We were then told to give it more time. (Now well over 2 weeks have passed from ordering). Gave it a few more days and called again. We were told to fill out a form, we did this and faxed it in. Gave it a few more days and called again. We were told they did not receive the fax. We then re faxed the paperwork and still have heard nothing!! Now we are a month out from when the item was ordered and the money was taken from my father's acct, we still have no mounts and all we keep being told is give it time.

My father will be leaving in 3 days for his winter home and we still have no closure on this issue. When we called today they stated that our case just opened on the 7th of this month because that is when they say they received the second paperwork. They apparently do not count the 3 weeks prior with phone calls every week where we were told to give it time. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen and I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. This company has (as far as I'm concerned) stolen my father's money and not delivered the guaranteed product, they did not follow the guidelines written on their website and we still see no resolution. DO NOT trust this company!! There are much more reliable distributors available!!!

I have ordered a few different items from OpticsPlanet prices are good but shipping is a joke. If you are in no rush for your item they are great. If you pay for 3 day shipping and get it in 7 to 18 days don't be surprised, it happened to me twice.

Ordered Ruger Scope Rings - order was confirmed and stated order would be shipped in 1-3 days. After a week requested shipping info and found out that Scopes Rings were not in Stock and were not able to get them. Only way I found this out was requesting shipping information. Asked why I was not notified - answer "should have been notified - and OpticsPlanet to notify IT Support". Now scope that I have to be put on gun for deer season will not happen. If I was notified of time of order or after the 3 days it was supposed to be ship I would have ordered from Midway USA. Learned my lesson - stay with reliable suppliers.

I ordered a red dot scope on 9/11/16. I received it quickly and returned just as quick on 9/16/16. The package was received by OpticsPlanet on 9/26/16. I inquired about when will I receive my credit. They told me ten days. It's now been 15 days and they just sent me an email stating it will credited back tonight. They've been telling me this for the last week. Everyday they keep telling me "tonight it will be credited back." Worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Would not recommend OpticsPlanet to anyone. The worst part is that Amazon had the same exact scope at a cheaper price. The only reason I went with OpticsPlanet was I worried about getting a counterfeit scope. Amazon is the way to go for anything. OpticsPlanet needs to work on their customer service. Will never do business with them again.

Ordered over 200.00 dollars worth of items from them that their site stated were in stock. That's not the case. One item I ordered 2 of was out of stock and not expected till end of October. So they just sat on the rest of the items. They don't even bother to contact you to tell you this. I paid extra for fast shipping. Waste of money. Have had two days of live chats with customer service which the 1st time the guy said he would ship in stock out today. That didn't happen. When I contacted them today they couldn't find any record of that being talked about at all. Then they offered the same deal? Sounds fishy to me! Telling me since I asked for fast shipping for the weekend they couldn't meet that and it wouldn't show up till next week. A word of advice when ordering from OpticsPlanet don't expect to get your order anytime soon. They do what they want and customer service is a joke! Buyer beware!

Ordered 2 products for two day shipping (paid 41.34 for extra shipping), got a confirmation (**) and reference number (**). Checked the next morning and found out one product was out of stock (actually it had a manufacturers recall, verified by the manufacturer) from 20115. Called and canceled that product and was told the other product (stubia crampons) were on it way. Called 3 days later and the product had not been placed due to it coming from the manufacturer. I feel this website is falsely advertising their services and what they can deliver.

They sent out the wrong item. I ordered the correct product. The support staff was rude, impatient and are not qualified to help. They do not understand their products.They are wasting my time and forcing me to compensate for their mistake. They will not the ship correct item until they receive the original shipment back. The competition, the reason for the new trigger, will be long over before they sort this out with a lot of effort on my part. I may not have minded so much, but their attitude was completely belligerent. This is my last purchase from them. Pay a few bucks more, and deal with a better outfit.

Bought a great telescope at a great price. Delivery was on time. I would buy from there again.

Just sending back a laser sight for a kel-tec p32. It didn't work when initially put together. Removed from gun to find the pulse/constant on switch was not in factory set position. After switching to constant on and putting back on gun I discovered the on off switch was faulty. Worked most of the time not every time. Decided to return because it was obviously a returned faulty product. When packing everything up for return, I first noticed one of the cards in the box was perforated and previously torn off! This would not happen from factory! Plus box was not cellophane sealed. That's 3 red flags that OpticsPlanet is shipping out old merchandise as new. Is that legal? I'll see how they handle my return. I told them I wanted a new item this time. That's what I paid for!

I strayed from amazon.com and thought I was saving myself a few bucks by going to http://www.opticsplanet.com/. Trust me when I say this was a HUGE mistake. Amazon is in a league of its own. I made two purchases from OpticsPlanet and both of them were complete debacles. First, You need to read their policies very closely. They essentially charge you twice then remove one charge when the items has shipped which may take days. Next, Any return takes up to four weeks to process after they receive it which took over a week in my case just to ship it back. Once they receive it, they inspect it and give you what THEY think it is worth. In my case, I never opened the boxes of the first purchase and had to go tooth and nail with them about the right refund amount.

Second Order the item arrives but the mounts seems to be wrong. I check and they are the right size but not fitting the scope. I go to a gunsmith and we adjust the mounts which took the two of us almost a week as they were obviously defective. I only did this because I didn't want to wait another four weeks for another mount. Once I Also received the scope I noticed a scratch on it. I let opticsplanet know of the situation and they told me they would not take it back and I had to contact the manufacturer. They offered me ten percent off the scope but then refunded the money to a prepaid debit card which doesn't accept refunds or money back. It doesn't even accept me adding money to it. It is a one-time card to throw away.

I asked for the transaction ID for the refund which they didn't have so I could call the Prepaid Visa Company. Opticsplanet refuses to cancel that refund and send me a check even though I told them not to send the ten percent refund to me via check. They also have a policy that states if you buy an item with one form of payment that is all they will deal with. In other words, if you buy an item and have to cancel your debit card from it being compromised they won't refund a product to your new card issued by the same bank to the same account. Do yourself a favor and avoid http://www.opticsplanet.com/ like the plague. Use Amazon.com when at all possible.

I made an online purchase with opticsplanet.com and it has just been a nightmare. I ordered a few items; only some of the items were actually in stock though their website said they were all in stock. I have found this to be very common with opticsplanet.com. They have false inventory and often don't order the parts until their customer places the order. Anyway...they shipped part of the order and I received it in about a week. I was wondering why I only received half of the order so I looked into it and found out they were trying to get the remainder of the order in stock. Finally 10 days after I had place my order they finally shipped the rest of my product. I tracked it and was patient.

Until 20 days after my order the tracking said that it was out for delivery for 2 days straight and was a no-show. So... I wrote Optics Planet and they told me there was nothing that they could do that I couldn't do myself. They suggested that I call FedEx and USPS because it was shipped SmartPost (which is an oxymoron). I was finally told by USPS that the item seemed to be lost in delivery. By this time it was almost a month since I had placed my order, so I wrote Optics Planet and asked for a refund. They said they could not do anything for another 14 day as per FedEx's shipping agreement. So... once again I was patient and waited the extra 14 days.

By this time 40 day had passed. I contacted USPS to make sure that they couldn't do anything else, then contacted Optics Planet again and asked for my refund. They said they would reship the lost items. By that point I just wanted a refund so I opened a claim with PayPal to get a refund. Optics Planet totally pulled the wool over PayPal's eyes and sent a tracking number that made it look like it had been delivered (the first part of my order). PayPal ruled in Optics Planet's favor and close the claim. So here I am out $75.00. I am doing everything I can to notify their potential customers of the possible aggravation they might be facing in buying from them. In my research I have found so many of the same horror stories as mine.

OpticsPlanet.com Company Profile