OpticsPlanet

Compare Online Shopping Companies

Research top Online Shopping Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Awful. Do not buy from them. Warning you now. You may or may not receive your product. But I can guarantee the shipment time frame is false. They use the cheapest method possible to get your product to you so it takes twice as long as they state. And when you contact customer service - they do not care. JUST BEWARE AND KNOW THAT WHEN YOU ORDER FROM THEM - YOU ARE TAKING A 50/50 SHOT AT GETTING YOUR PRODUCT!

My father ordered scope mounts for his AR. His package was tracked right up until the time that it went from FedEx to postal service, then it stops. We called and were told to give it time. Days later we called again and were told they were delivered when they were not. We were then told to give it more time. (Now well over 2 weeks have passed from ordering). Gave it a few more days and called again. We were told to fill out a form, we did this and faxed it in. Gave it a few more days and called again. We were told they did not receive the fax. We then re faxed the paperwork and still have heard nothing!! Now we are a month out from when the item was ordered and the money was taken from my father's acct, we still have no mounts and all we keep being told is give it time.

My father will be leaving in 3 days for his winter home and we still have no closure on this issue. When we called today they stated that our case just opened on the 7th of this month because that is when they say they received the second paperwork. They apparently do not count the 3 weeks prior with phone calls every week where we were told to give it time. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen and I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. This company has (as far as I'm concerned) stolen my father's money and not delivered the guaranteed product, they did not follow the guidelines written on their website and we still see no resolution. DO NOT trust this company!! There are much more reliable distributors available!!!

I have ordered a few different items from OpticsPlanet prices are good but shipping is a joke. If you are in no rush for your item they are great. If you pay for 3 day shipping and get it in 7 to 18 days don't be surprised, it happened to me twice.

Ordered Ruger Scope Rings - order was confirmed and stated order would be shipped in 1-3 days. After a week requested shipping info and found out that Scopes Rings were not in Stock and were not able to get them. Only way I found this out was requesting shipping information. Asked why I was not notified - answer "should have been notified - and OpticsPlanet to notify IT Support". Now scope that I have to be put on gun for deer season will not happen. If I was notified of time of order or after the 3 days it was supposed to be ship I would have ordered from Midway USA. Learned my lesson - stay with reliable suppliers.

I ordered a red dot scope on 9/11/16. I received it quickly and returned just as quick on 9/16/16. The package was received by OpticsPlanet on 9/26/16. I inquired about when will I receive my credit. They told me ten days. It's now been 15 days and they just sent me an email stating it will credited back tonight. They've been telling me this for the last week. Everyday they keep telling me "tonight it will be credited back." Worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Would not recommend OpticsPlanet to anyone. The worst part is that Amazon had the same exact scope at a cheaper price. The only reason I went with OpticsPlanet was I worried about getting a counterfeit scope. Amazon is the way to go for anything. OpticsPlanet needs to work on their customer service. Will never do business with them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet?

Ordered over 200.00 dollars worth of items from them that their site stated were in stock. That's not the case. One item I ordered 2 of was out of stock and not expected till end of October. So they just sat on the rest of the items. They don't even bother to contact you to tell you this. I paid extra for fast shipping. Waste of money. Have had two days of live chats with customer service which the 1st time the guy said he would ship in stock out today. That didn't happen. When I contacted them today they couldn't find any record of that being talked about at all. Then they offered the same deal? Sounds fishy to me! Telling me since I asked for fast shipping for the weekend they couldn't meet that and it wouldn't show up till next week. A word of advice when ordering from OpticsPlanet don't expect to get your order anytime soon. They do what they want and customer service is a joke! Buyer beware!

Ordered 2 products for two day shipping (paid 41.34 for extra shipping), got a confirmation (**) and reference number (**). Checked the next morning and found out one product was out of stock (actually it had a manufacturers recall, verified by the manufacturer) from 20115. Called and canceled that product and was told the other product (stubia crampons) were on it way. Called 3 days later and the product had not been placed due to it coming from the manufacturer. I feel this website is falsely advertising their services and what they can deliver.

They sent out the wrong item. I ordered the correct product. The support staff was rude, impatient and are not qualified to help. They do not understand their products.They are wasting my time and forcing me to compensate for their mistake. They will not the ship correct item until they receive the original shipment back. The competition, the reason for the new trigger, will be long over before they sort this out with a lot of effort on my part. I may not have minded so much, but their attitude was completely belligerent. This is my last purchase from them. Pay a few bucks more, and deal with a better outfit.

Bought a great telescope at a great price. Delivery was on time. I would buy from there again.

Just sending back a laser sight for a kel-tec p32. It didn't work when initially put together. Removed from gun to find the pulse/constant on switch was not in factory set position. After switching to constant on and putting back on gun I discovered the on off switch was faulty. Worked most of the time not every time. Decided to return because it was obviously a returned faulty product. When packing everything up for return, I first noticed one of the cards in the box was perforated and previously torn off! This would not happen from factory! Plus box was not cellophane sealed. That's 3 red flags that OpticsPlanet is shipping out old merchandise as new. Is that legal? I'll see how they handle my return. I told them I wanted a new item this time. That's what I paid for!

I strayed from amazon.com and thought I was saving myself a few bucks by going to http://www.opticsplanet.com/. Trust me when I say this was a HUGE mistake. Amazon is in a league of its own. I made two purchases from OpticsPlanet and both of them were complete debacles. First, You need to read their policies very closely. They essentially charge you twice then remove one charge when the items has shipped which may take days. Next, Any return takes up to four weeks to process after they receive it which took over a week in my case just to ship it back. Once they receive it, they inspect it and give you what THEY think it is worth. In my case, I never opened the boxes of the first purchase and had to go tooth and nail with them about the right refund amount.

Second Order the item arrives but the mounts seems to be wrong. I check and they are the right size but not fitting the scope. I go to a gunsmith and we adjust the mounts which took the two of us almost a week as they were obviously defective. I only did this because I didn't want to wait another four weeks for another mount. Once I Also received the scope I noticed a scratch on it. I let opticsplanet know of the situation and they told me they would not take it back and I had to contact the manufacturer. They offered me ten percent off the scope but then refunded the money to a prepaid debit card which doesn't accept refunds or money back. It doesn't even accept me adding money to it. It is a one-time card to throw away.

I asked for the transaction ID for the refund which they didn't have so I could call the Prepaid Visa Company. Opticsplanet refuses to cancel that refund and send me a check even though I told them not to send the ten percent refund to me via check. They also have a policy that states if you buy an item with one form of payment that is all they will deal with. In other words, if you buy an item and have to cancel your debit card from it being compromised they won't refund a product to your new card issued by the same bank to the same account. Do yourself a favor and avoid http://www.opticsplanet.com/ like the plague. Use Amazon.com when at all possible.

I made an online purchase with opticsplanet.com and it has just been a nightmare. I ordered a few items; only some of the items were actually in stock though their website said they were all in stock. I have found this to be very common with opticsplanet.com. They have false inventory and often don't order the parts until their customer places the order. Anyway...they shipped part of the order and I received it in about a week. I was wondering why I only received half of the order so I looked into it and found out they were trying to get the remainder of the order in stock. Finally 10 days after I had place my order they finally shipped the rest of my product. I tracked it and was patient.

Until 20 days after my order the tracking said that it was out for delivery for 2 days straight and was a no-show. So... I wrote Optics Planet and they told me there was nothing that they could do that I couldn't do myself. They suggested that I call FedEx and USPS because it was shipped SmartPost (which is an oxymoron). I was finally told by USPS that the item seemed to be lost in delivery. By this time it was almost a month since I had placed my order, so I wrote Optics Planet and asked for a refund. They said they could not do anything for another 14 day as per FedEx's shipping agreement. So... once again I was patient and waited the extra 14 days.

By this time 40 day had passed. I contacted USPS to make sure that they couldn't do anything else, then contacted Optics Planet again and asked for my refund. They said they would reship the lost items. By that point I just wanted a refund so I opened a claim with PayPal to get a refund. Optics Planet totally pulled the wool over PayPal's eyes and sent a tracking number that made it look like it had been delivered (the first part of my order). PayPal ruled in Optics Planet's favor and close the claim. So here I am out $75.00. I am doing everything I can to notify their potential customers of the possible aggravation they might be facing in buying from them. In my research I have found so many of the same horror stories as mine.

If you have any problems with your expensive frames that you work hard to pay for after 30 days, they do NOT do anything to help you find a solution. They don't even tell you who to contact to get them repaired. You're on your own after the 30 days. Good luck getting them fixed when you buy online. You have to go through a third party and send them out. It takes weeks to even get them back. This place is only good for wasting your money. Beware!

Ordered a Nikon Aculon 12 x 50 binoculars from this company on 1st January 2016. Last correspondence I had was on 13th Jan by way of a tracking report saying an attempt was made to ship item but was unsuccessful and an attempt will be made on the following day. After a week I called the company who indicated that the item was already shipped. To this day (7th March) I have had no further word from these people and I have not received my order. This was the first time I tried online shopping and it have left a very bitter taste in my mouth. Thankfully I subsequently used another online company and all my orders have been delivered on time. I definitely will NEVER order anything from this company again. Will like to know if my monies will be refunded to my account.

I ordered a Vortex scope that was listed as being in stock and a week later the item hadn't shipped. I contacted OpticsPlanet looking for an update and they did not respond. I waited another week and logged in to find that my order had been put on back order without notification. I contacted them again and still no reply. I contacted them a 3rd time the next day informing them that I would be submitting a claim with google. For good measure I had taken screenshots of each attempt to contact them. When I did finally receive a reply, after I submitted a claim, the Customer Service Rep's first words were, "It appears this is your first attempt to contact us."

I sent them the screenshots of each attempt at communication and requested that they cancel my order. They complied, but only after I submitted a claim. The whole transaction would have been okay if they had just replied the first time, or even notified me when the item went on back-order. I'm pretty understanding and would have been okay with it being on back order, I just wanted to be notified. Since then I have actually told multiple friends not to shop there because of my interaction. This is not a very good place to shop.

I ordered a Vortex cantilever scope mount through Amazon.com on 1-31-16. I did not realized that the order would be fulfilled by OpticsPlanet. On 2-9-16 I received an email from Amazon.com stating that they were unable to confirm if my order had been shipped from OpticsPlanet. I was not informed of any delay nor did I receive a tracking number to locate my order. I agree with the other negative reviewers here. OpticsPlanet is disorganized and lacks adequate customer service. I will be sure that none of my future orders go through OpticsPlanet.

Ordered a Marine Corps Flag for my Father Early in December for Christmas and not notified of any delay. After sent Email after Christmas told of delay up to 5 weeks!!! Now 7 weeks still not sure if or when, Really! My father served in Korea as a Marine and I in the Gulf War. Would think they could have done something or substitute. Terrible way to treat veterans!

Bought a scope from this company (called Opticsplanet - so you know they sell gun scopes, right). The scope I purchase came loose from the mounting base within the first 20 shots of using it for the first time. Extremely unhappy - especially since they didn't ship me the scope I had originally wanted, ordered, said was in stock, then sent me an email stating they didn't have it in stock.

Their return policy states that they will not take back any product that has been mounted (Of course a scope has to be mounted to the gun to use it.). And OF COURSE you wouldn't know the scope was defective until you mount it and shoot the gun!! The mount is a quick release picatinny mount and mounting does not hurt the scope of the gun. I would highly suggest NOT shopping at OpticsPlanet for a scope of any type!

Was pleasantly surprised by the great service. After reading some reviews from this site, I was a bit hesitant to make a very large purchase. The price was the best I had seen on the net and other sites had them ranked well, so I decided to roll the dice. I am happy to say everything went great and the customer service was the most knowledgeable of any I have spoken with in regards to hunting gear. Thanks!

Seriously? I should have heeded the warnings about poor order fulfillment. I ordered these items the same day I ordered my ammo. My ammo arrived days ago. This order, however, I am not even sure. You offered items for sale that I attempted to purchase. 9 days later, 2 of the items have been ordered and one is "on order". This is no way to run a business. I am confident this is a common problem and you have closed any opportunity to cancel orders once they have fallen into your trap. If by chance I can cancel my order I certainly wish to do so. That way I can shop where the products offered are actually available and will be sent. If not send it whenever, if it takes too long I will just buy it elsewhere and have duplicates eventually.

The reason I took the time to write this is to let you know from a consumer perspective your service and order fulfillment is the worst I have seen. I did call to attempt to change to a different product, waited for a while and left a detailed message but was never contacted nor did I receive any further correspondence. Just left here with the message from your company that I will get my items sometime... In closing, I am confident you get many of these emails every day and this will be junked with the others but I figured I would give it a shot. Now I am off to attempt to warn unsuspecting consumers.

Ordered $120 holster/belt. Sucked me into site with "FREE VALUE SHIPPING," okay sounds good. Yes, I could have paid $9 and had it truly shipped with tracking, BUT I choose the free option - and boy do I regret it! I could have driven from Atlanta to Northbrook, IL, for all the time I have spent trying to locate my US MAIL shipment!

It shipped the next day, email with FEDEX tracking number (fooled, it goes to post office). "Projected" arrival dates comes and goes. No package, no tracking, no one knows where it is. FEDEX rep confirms it at local post office, but no way to track from there. He advises the method is cost savings to shipper - OpticsPlanet. It has been missing in action for 10 days past projected arrival date, 16 days since shipped. OpticsPlanet will not issue refund. Will not try to locate for another 5 days!

Told to read "fine print" by supervisor: "Our FREE Value Shipping offer uses a variety of reliable shipping carriers to ensure your order is delivered in a timely and secure manner. Once you place an order, the most efficient carrier is automatically selected based on the destination, size, and weight of your package. It typically takes 5 to 10 business days to receive your order with our Value Shipping option; however, allow up to 14 business days for final delivery."

WHERE DOES IT SAY IT WILL BE DELIVERED US POSTAL SERVICE??? "CARRIER" makes it sound like FEDEX/UPS. Slow - okay, but lost and no refund, wait 5 more days, and they "file" a claim. Do yourselves a favor men, go to GALLS, or similar. OpticsPlanet will respond with 6 screens of their "policy" which is like reading everything before you click ACCEPT on a website. Is that how you want to do business??

Ordered a rifle scope which was shown to be in stock, would ship in 3-10 days. Waited 3 weeks, contacted them and they said scope was backordered, and would be in stock in 2-3 weeks. Contacted them again asking why they lied about being in stock and got their typical scripted response about unseen delays, blah, blah, blah. This experience brought back memories of same thing happening with them years ago. They have not changed, bold faced liars, sham business, frauds, etc, etc. Avoid at all costs. I did cancel my order.

I bought a microscope for a local charity x-mas event that they showed in stock. I chose expedited shipping to get it in time for the event. A day and a half later, they send me an e-mail that it will be shipped in 22-33 days. I sure hope that the OpticsPlanet managers' Christmas will get as much screwed up as the little 12 year old that was supposed to get this microscope. Too late to order it elsewhere.

I had ordered a reflex sight for my pistol. When on the phone with customer service, I had asked several times if the mount would fit my pistol. The customer service rep reassured me that it would indeed fit my pistol. I was suppose to receive 2 day shipping and it took over a week to arrive. Upon arrival, I attempted to mount the sight on my pistol, only to find that it does not fit. I immediately called customer service to inquire about why I was told it would fit yet it does not. The customer service rep had no answer and transfered me to her supervisor. The supervisor, named Christopher, told me that it wasn't their fault that I had ordered the wrong mount and that their customer service reps aren't responsible to know the products that they sell, and that it is the customers sole responsibility to know the items that they are ordering.

I found this absolutely ridiculous and was even more aggravated that the supervisors remedy for this situation was that I could either buy the correct mount at full list price and receive "free 2-day shipping" (which I was originally suppose to receive yet it took over a week) or I could receive $4 off the correct mount and pay for standard shipping. I want to return the item and buy it off of Amazon but I am afraid that the return process would be a lengthy process and I will not get my money back. I will never again purchase from OpticsPlanet and advise anyone who reads this to take your business elsewhere.

I ordered a Lightforce light. Waited over a month. They forgot. Then sent one with gator clips even though it states on receipt for cigarette plug. They will not contact you unless you contact them. They make you run around to send the item back. Buy off another company. Not worth the aggravation. All liars.

I was encouraged to finally buy 2 riflescopes I had in my Wishlist because of an in house coupon that offered a 10% discount on all items. I was in the checkout stage, coupon entered, but noticed that only a $10 discount was effected. I did not continue with the order and wrote a note to their help desk that I was using a coupon well within its valid date. They never acknowledged my complaint but instead offered a new coupon with a 5% discount. This time it seems to calculate a 5% discount but I decided not to complete the order because of the principle behind the trickery.

Placed an order on 8/15/15, said in stock. Then it went to will be in stock in 23-32 days, then to will be fulfilled by Sept 9th, then to Sept 27th, then to 10/1, and now I was told 10/25. This company is a joke, employees will lie through their teeth (if they have any) and tell you what you want to hear. Talked to a supervisor who assured me he would call me back with a definitive date. No response so I called back and left a message. ** didn't have the balls to call me but emailed me. Said he gave me an additional 5% off and would ship when the units arrived. I'd rather pay full retail than deal with these crooks any day. Save your time and money, order from a reputable company.

Hi there. I ordered 2 bags at the start of May 2015 with Opticsplanet.com. One was supposed to be ready for shipment after 7 days, the other one estimated to ship within 14-23 days. Because I did NOT receive any updates from Opticsplanet.com on my order status, I had to proactively chase my order status multiple times. Apparently one of the items was on backorder with the manufacturer, which had an ETA of 22 August 2015. This is now over 1 week ago - and again no info from Opticsplanet.com. I have to chase the status. I have complaint to their Facebook page and my comments got deleted. This is probably one of the worst customer service experiences I ever had. I am awaiting another reply or will ask for a refund. This is a bit disappointing as I will lose money because I am an international customer. Thanks.

I ordered a mount that was "in stock". Paid 17.00 for extra shipping. A week later no mount. My cc was charged. I called..they said it should be there soon and was backordered. 2 weeks later nothing. Seems like they label everything "in stock" to get your $, charge you, then really never have the item. This is shady because most people will wait and they know this. It's better to piss people off and get paid than have them go to another website. It's hard to believe they are affiliated with Amazon also.

45 minutes later I find out from my daughter that she needs 9 not 8, I call and spoke with the lady in charge just to change the boots size. She start talking this and that, I said "maybe should I cancel this order and do different order for size 9." She said "no I will send email to the people and they will switch boots tomorrow afternoon." She send me an email stating that she was not able to change size that I will receive number 8 boots. I said, "that is just idiotic thing that now I have to lose time." They are going to lose time and money for what? Somebody is just is not good for any kind of job.

OpticsPlanet Company Profile