1.67/5

153 OpticsPlanet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Don’t even bother with OpticsPlanet. Guess I should have read the reviews before I placed an order. Seems like everyone in the industry was already aware.

Discuss my order with my gunsmith and he already knew. Spoke to several other hunting friends and they also knew. RUN AWAY... They are a waste of time.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

They sent the wrong item - and now have to "investigate the warehouse". Put simply - someone had a SINGLE job to do (pick and pack), and they failed. And now somehow this is MY fault and I'm out. That's terrible. I ordered this - two-day air - for an event which I will now be unable to use this for. It will be OVER A WEEK (or more) before they investigate, send a replacement - bill me a SECOND time - and then get the correct one out. This sucks. Optics Planet's shipping (warehouse) and return policies are terrible. I'm angry. Two calls, two times on hold. Hung up on (by accident), had to call back and wait again.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Our Logistics Department is conducting an inquiry with regard to your order to ensure your replacement is indeed the correct item. Rest assured that we are diligently working on a resolution to your claim. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Welcome to Optics Planet where orders ship when we get around to it... Sorry guys but 99% of online retailers ship same day unless it's past a typical afternoon cutoff time. 1-2 Days processing is ridiculous IMHO. I blame Amazon, they've spoiled us all but you gotta step it up.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. A large number of the products sold on OpticsPlanet.com require compliance investigations due to local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Due to these necessary checks, many orders can take 1-2 business days to process. However, we do ship orders as quickly as possible and understand Amazon has indeed changed the landscape of online retail. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Run away from them. Trust me! They sent me an empty box without the item inside. Their so called logistic claim or customer service is so unprofessional, inexperience and so slow to resolve the matter. They'll wait for 14 days then start to process your claim. The small amount money I've save from them it's not worth the headache nor my time, which each personnel have their unique different stories each week. Even dealing with their supervisor (Chris). He was offensively impolite pointing fingers who's assign responsibility. I just hope they didn't send me a used/refurbished product and forgot to put the item inside. I never experience of removing a newly purchased product that is missing a plastic wrap and the condition of the box seems someone place its foot inside already. Again don't waste your time even you think you'll save a small amount.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. A claim was initiated with FedEx one business day after you contacted us. Per their policy, claims can take up to 14 business days for deliberation. As previously advised, we will be in contact with you following the carrier's decision. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope you understand our hands are tied while we await the carrier's decision.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Ordered a riflescope described as in stock almost three weeks ago. Still hasn't even been shipped. Good luck getting delivery in the time period quoted. Been told multiple dates for expected delivery and now just a, “We are not sure when we can fulfill your order response.” While customer service is polite and courteous, they respond in previously prepared form text, are slow to respond, and lack knowledge of a solution. Don't waste your time! Go to a more reputable company and cares about living up to their word.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. Customers can check product availability by clicking under the add to cart button. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you again in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet.com?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I ordered a light from them because it was supposedly in stock and they offered expedited shipping. After 9 days I called the company to find out why my item hadn't shipped and I hadn't heard from them. They stated they sent an email that the item was back ordered (I didn't get one) and that the item wouldn't be available for an estimated 2-3 weeks. When I asked about switching to a similar item they said ALL similar items are all out of stock despite all currently being available on the website. DO NOT ORDER unless you are in absolutely NO hurry to get your item!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Customers can check product availability by clicking under the add to cart button. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. We truly hope you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Put in the order September 17th for 7-10 day shipping and they still haven't shipped yet. The new shipping date is October 12th. When ordering an item that is in stock it should not take a month to even ship. At the very least they should be upfront about the amount of time it will take. I won't be placing orders for this retailer again. Their service has been less than satisfactory. Do better.

OpticsPlanet.com response

Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on items. This being said, the information you were provided was all the information we obtained at that time. We completely understand the frustration and inconvenience this can cause our customers; that we truly try to obtain and provide our customers as much updated information we may receive from the manufacturer. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Shawn from OpticsPlanet assisted me in my order. He made sure the bow would arrive on time... and it arrived earlier than expected. This was a great experience and I will definitely shop with them again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I bought Ray-Ban sunglasses because they claimed to have the best price which they did. It took them 3 weeks to fulfill the order and when I received the glasses they were the wrong sunglasses. This was a nightmare. To top it off I had to pay for the return shipping. If I did not make the mistake why should I have to pay for the return cost? I would steer away from this company. It's more like eBay than Amazon. In 2018 there is no need for this kind of service. Look somewhere else.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. According to our records, your form of payment has been refunded in full. You were never charged for shipping on this order. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I recently placed an order with Optics Planet for a particular type of rifle scope. Optics Planet took the liberty to cancel a part of my existing order and replace it with something else without my authorization which I felt is completely unacceptable. Support staff just replied with, "Sorry, send it back." In my experience, a reputable company would provide some type of compensation to facilitate further orders. In the past I have experienced several shipping issues/delays. Was hoping this experience would be different but no luck. No more dealings for me with Optics Planet.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order. Please contact us at 1-800-504-5897, via chat or via email care@opticsplanet.com and our customer service supervisors will be happy to help you. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I bought 'NEW' camping stoves paying $1580, but ALL of the delivered products were used. I returned the products as they suggested, but NO MONEY REFUNDED NOR ALTERNATIVE PRODUCTS SENT. Never drop any money on the website, since it is an obviously intentional scamming.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We see you have been in contact with us through PayPal and we are working to resolve your issue.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have been using OpticsPlanet.com for over a year now with little issues. One thing I recommend to all is use PayPal and make an account with OpticsPlanet.com. Any time I have had any issues with my orders or questions I submit them when logged in and they respond within 12-24 hours every time. It's also a nice way to keep track of everything you have ordered and also if you need to return anything it's a couple of clicks and done.

The only issues I've ran into are shipping. Sometimes their system shows they have the item only for the warehouse techs to find that indeed they don't. The most recent mishap which I'm blaming on a misprinted shipping label for is one package out of 10 was marked undeliverable address. I contacted them Friday night at 1:00 am and got a response at 10 am Saturday morning. They are reshipping (once it gets back to them) my item 2nd day to make up for the mishap. They've also given me almost $50 in gift cards for waiting on items. They always contact me and let me know there is a issue and ask if I'd like something different. It's very frustrating when spending hard earned money to end up waiting for a month for a part but they have always come thru for me. As I said in the beginning make an account with them. It makes EVERYTHING easier.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I ordered the glasses, and called to get my prescription worked out. I didn't think I filled in the prescription right, but the dude on the other end of the phone was super nice and helpful. It took about a week longer than I expected (about 2.5 weeks total), but it was Labor Day weekend so that really wasn't their fault. I called twice for status updates, about a 7-minute hold, but everyone was really nice and helpful. Glasses were just as described, and probably the best pair I have ever owned. I use them on my motorcycle, and plan on testing them out for skydiving. They're a little big on the sides, but the strap accounts for that. I have a small face.

I'm just glad they were able to do the prism. A lot of other places were going to charge a small fortune for prism, transition, wileys, but after their 10% discount $300 was very reasonable. I am happy with my purchase. I was worried when they sent me a tracking number and nothing ever updated. It got here though, and it's all good. I see no reason for any review less than 5 stars with my experience. Good price, expected level of customer service/hold time for an online company, weird prescription filled just fine & it serves its purpose (no issues with sight at all - very clear and on point), shipping delay only likely to be caused by holiday weekend, arrived as described/purchased, gtg. :) :)

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

August 17th I ordered 2 ten round mags for MKA-1919 12GA and paid right then when ordered. August 18th I got email saying items shipped. To this day items still have never been given to shipping service to be delivered per tracking number they provided me! Now my bank card number I used with them has been stolen and used (Really feel them or an employee of theirs stole and used it). They say they don't take money from your account til items ship but took my payment next day after email saying shipped as they never were as proof per tracking number. Plus emails me saying order canceled per my request which I never requested. Then emails me saying they messed up and was referring to a order from 6 months ago. And that order was canceled due to their lack of shipping details.

I think they are accepting people's money and using it to stay afloat from customer to customer and never sending 50% of customers items. My bank's fraud department is looking into the unauthorized charges on my card. I'm calling them today to tell Chase bank that they need to add Optics Planet to that investigation as well as calling ATF, BBB, Local state police near them and FBI online department. Don't risk buying from these scam artist. Go with a accredited company with good reviews and a good payment service to pay thru like Paypal or Google pay. Now have cancelled my bank card and have it replaced. I'm ordering mags from another company to see which shows first (OpticsPlanet or competitor). I'm betting on competitor myself.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue caused. Most in stock orders ship from our Illinois warehouse within 1-2 business days. Value shipping is listed as taking between 5-10 business days in transit and per our records, we shipped the package and e-mailed you tracking on August 22. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I made inquiries on two different occasions and have never heard from anyone. They sent emails saying there would be one of their Trained Professionals would get back within 24 to 48 hours... NOTHING!! Ordered a recoil pad and two days later, the order is "still processing". They didn't have any problem taking my money right away. I won't do business with OpticsPlanet ever again. Their Customer Service sucks!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Most in stock orders ship within 1-2 business days from our warehouse based in Illinois. We see an agent is working on stopping this shipment per your request and will be in contact with you once our warehouse has updated us. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I ordered a Holosun HS510C which is a $300 sight on Monday Aug 13th and I selected 2 day shipping so it would come in before the weekend which my birthday is on so I could have the optic for a rifle I built specifically for my birthday. And upon arrival of the optic I Unboxed it and noticed it wouldn’t turn on so I pulled the battery tray out and there was no battery. So I check the extra battery tray that comes in the box and there was no battery in that one either which the optic is supposed to come with 2 batteries! So I drive back into town and buy some CR2032 batteries so I can make sure the optic even turns on well. It does.

So I go to put the optic on my rifle and notice the tensioning screw to tighten it onto the Picatinny rail is stripped out so Optics Planet sent me a second hand optic that someone has already mounted on a rifle and stripped the screw out. So I call customer service about seeing what they can do for me to make it right and all they can do is send me a return label and I’d have to wait a couple weeks before I can get another optic! I was pissed off. I was counting on having this optic for my birthday and they screwed me on that. I came to Optics Planet because I heard good reviews and I liked the Holosun brand so I was gonna order 5 more optics for myself but I’ll be taking my business elsewhere because of a company that can’t take care of their customers. Thanks for wasting my time!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. We have sent your comments to our customer experience management staff for their review. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I ordered two Zebco 33 Platinum Reels way back on June 18, 2018. There was no notification that the item was backordered so I called in early July and was told it would be a week more. I then called later in July of 2018 and was told the item was backordered but would ship out by August 7, 2018. It is now August 14 and I have heard nothing from the company about my order which was backordered???

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. This being said the information that you were provided with is all the information we obtained from the manufacturer at the time. Again, our apologies for the continued delay.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I ordered gun parts from Optics Planet for the first time last week. After an incredibly annoying process of verifying my account and payment methods (which took about 4 days) I was notified that there was a delay in the processing even after my account was verified. Over a week later and my items still hadn't shipped, and the ordered was still in processing. Canceled all the items I ordered and decided to never order from them again. Just a terrible experience from start to finish.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Last Friday I ordered a scope/Mount from OpticsPlanet saying it would be shipped with free 2 day shipping. I really needed this thing here this week since my gunsmith is waiting on the scope to sight it. It’s almost a week and my product was just now sent with standard 7 - 10 day shipping instead of 2 day free shipping. I called OpticsPlanet 2 days ago to see what was going on with my order. They told me that the product won’t be sent out for another day or two so I told them to cancel the order and get my refund back to me. As soon as I said that they said they’ll send me a confirmation with a cancellation email but guess what, instead of canceling my order they send the scope to the USPS with standard shipping. Very bad customer service, dishonest company I wish I read the reviews before I ordered anything from these guys. I will never in my life buy anything from them again. Thank you OpticsPlanet.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. Occasionally we offer free expedited shipping offers on certain products. An offer code is required at checkout to waive the fee and customers must select 2-Day for the shipping method to participate in this offer. Since we cannot find your order, we cannot confirm if this code was entered. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I ordered two holsters exactly TWO WEEKS ago! When I placed my order both holsters were showing that they were in stock. I was leaving for a trip in two weeks, but I had ordered from OpticsPlanet several different times in the past and had always received my products quickly. So I placed the order. I later receive an email saying that one holster is out of stock and won't be in stock for another 16 days!! I immediately emailed them back and explained to them that I was going out of town and that I really wanted to take the other holster that I ordered with me and that was the whole purpose of me ordering it so that I could conceal carry on my trip. I asked them if they could ship the holsters separately since I was not aware that the holster was out of stock when I placed my order (they clearly advertised it as in stock). They refused to do this without charging me even more for shipping.

I kept emailing back and forth trying to explain the situation to no avail, finally on Friday the week before my trip I called and spoke to a representative about my order. This representative told me that both of my holsters were now IN STOCK and would ship in the NEXT FEW DAYS!! I was shocked. First of all according to the representative the holster have arrived in stock the day prior (Thursday), and now second of all she said that it could take up until Tuesday before they even shipped it!! I explained to her the whole situation and she said that there was nothing that she could do, but that it would ship on Monday (I was leaving Wednesday).

So here it is Thursday now. The holsters did not leave their facility until Tuesday, I am on my trip, unable to cc and they are not scheduled to be delivered until tomorrow, freaking 15 days after I placed my order!! I am upset to say the least. I gave OpticsPlanet plenty of chances to make this right, and they could care less. I WAS a loyal customer of theirs for years, but never again. They clearly don't need mine, or your business. So keep this in mind before ordering anything from OpticsPlanet.

OpticsPlanet.com response

Original review: July 30, 2018

Ordered an item on Amazon from OpticsPlanet. A few days later they contacted me, stated that the item was backordered at the manufacturer, and offered to waitlist me. I confirmed that I wanted to be waitlisted for the item. Every communication with OpticsPlanet generated an automated response, confirming that they had received my communication.

A week+ later, they cancelled the order via a vacuous form letter that claimed they had never heard back from me. I contacted them via Amazon, informed them that I was still interested in the item, that I had in fact confirmed that I wanted to be waitlisted. I asked if I was still waitlisted, whether they would be able to fulfill the order, etc. They responded with ANOTHER copy of the SAME vacuous form letter. I complained to Amazon. Amazon contacted OpticsPlanet. Amazon themselves ALSO received the SAME vacuous form letter. OpticsPlanet never actually answered my questions, or offered any useful information about the outcome of the transaction.

At any time, OpticsPlanet could simply have informed me that the item was "no longer available, we can't supply it, sorry". They opted instead to keep shoveling fecal matter in my direction. Trying to deal with them was a COMPLETE waste my time. I consider it disreputable for a merchant to offer merchandise they can't supply, to offer a backorder process when they are clearly (in retrospect) not prepared to honor that commitment, to provide no effective means for the customer to find out the status of a backorder, and after stringing the customer along, to refuse to supply even the simplest explanation of what happened.

All of this senseless (and trivially avoided) hassle over an abortive transaction! I shudder to think what sort of trouble I would encounter over a return (i.e. of a defective/incorrect item), or a warranty issue, or anything that involved them already having my money and me trying to get it back. Hopefully Amazon will send OpticsPlanet packing. I certainly don't intend to have anything to with them again.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. Customer service is our number one priority. We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I ordered some Bravo Company Keymod Rail Covers for my free float handguard on my AR 15 back on July 19th. I just got an email saying they just shipped July 26th, Really! I called OpticsPlanet back on July 23rd, and they said that the order was not shipped due to it being the weekend. So, I ordered the same item from eBay, which I should have done in the first place, and it arrived yesterday, 3 days after I ordered it from them. I still haven't received the items from OpticsPlanet which I order from them first and it's been 9 days. I will never order anything from these people again. Lost my business, I guess they are not for the small time gun enthusiast, you got to be the big time to get service from these folks. I just thought I'd try them out since all my YouTube channels advertise for them with these special codes. I the sucker here, but it won't happen again!!!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused for you. In an effort to streamline our processes, we transitioned to a new warehouse system and have experienced a few unexpected issues. We appreciate your feedback and have forwarded your comments over to our management staff for review. Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Was told repeatedly each day that I called that the next day I would receive an email with a tracking number for shipping from order placed on 18th. On the 24th, I called and asked again and this time I was fed some line about them changing up their warehouse processes and they still weren't sure when it would ship and it might be days, so I told them to CANCEL THE ORDER. They fed me some excuse (which I don't believe) about having to send a request to some other part of the company to get it cancelled. In the meantime I ordered the item I was in need of directly from Night Fision Sights, Inc, and then I get an email with from Optics Planet with a return RMA, yet still did not have a tracking number.

I called and stated I had earlier called and had cancelled this and now had an order pending with another company. I was then fed a line of complete ** that they can't cancel it because it's too far along in their process to cancel it even though at that point they STILL HAD NO TRACKING NUMBER!!! Within an hour of that phone call I magically get the tracking number.

I JUST WENT THROUGH THIS EXACT CORRUPT PRACTICE WITH ANOTHER COMPANY PRIOR TO PUTTING THIS ORDER IN WITH OPTICSPLANET! Luckily I was able to cancel the order with Night Fision, but at this point all I have is a tracking number from OpticsPlanet which means nothing until the shipping carrier takes possession of the item, so we'll have to see how long that takes and I'm betting it will be days.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS OUTFIT! I truly regret it. OpticsPlanet - spare me any false apologies. This practice is corrupt and YOU KNOW IT, so save your lies and apologies for someone else. We need some regulations against a business stating they cannot cancel an order if it the item has not been given to the shipping carrier. There was nothing upfront stating anything about their "process" and the inability to cancel an item when a certain threshold has been passed. I'm writing my reps tomorrow to see about introducing a bill to stop this type of corrupt practice and suggesting fines each time a company is caught doing it.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this caused. Most in stock orders ship within 1-2 business days from our Illinois warehouse. Unfortunately, we had a change at our warehouse that took longer than originally anticipated to complete. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I placed an order through this company on a Wednesday. I received an email the next morning saying my order was being processed and would ship soon. 5 days after placing the order I have received an email that my order has finally shipped. Here it is 4:23pm California time and USPS is still reporting they are waiting for the package. I wrote a lengthy email to Optics Planet about things they could have done better and what do I get, some prewritten sorry for the inconvenience and frustration BS but we process orders for 1-2 days. Obviously based on their response they couldn't take the time to take responsibility or to really read what I wrote. I was not going to write any reviews but I feel that due to their cavalier attitude on customer service, others should be warned. I just wish I saw their Consumer Affairs rating before I ordered from them.

Updated on 07/31/2018: This is my second review of Opticsplanet. I placed an order of July 18th for 3 items. After a delay 2 of them finally shipped and I received an email that the last one was expected to ship in 1 to 7 days. 11 days later I had heard nothing back from the company so I emailed them. Their response was that the wait time could be 1 to 2 more weeks. During the last review a representative from Opticsplanet posted "We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future." They haven't even finished this single experience and continue to mess it up. How do you sell something you don't physically own. Where I am from that is called fraud.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. We regret you did not feel that you received excellent customer service from our agent. You are an important customer and we value your opinion. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I went online to purchase a spare spring kit, a Magpul pistol grip and 2 stock stoppers so I can stay compliant with CA new laws for my AR15. On their website it said that they had all items in stock so I placed my order. 2 days after I placed the order I got a confirmation stating that they have received my order and that they will send me another email with my tracking # etc. A week went by and I haven’t received anything in my email so I called the customer service department and ask them what is going on and then they told me that the spare OOPS spring kit that was in my order wasn’t in stock and is actually on back order. So I was okay with that, I know things like that happen, no big deal right.

Well since 1 item wasn’t in stock they decided not to ship my other 3 items that were in my order. That’s not okay with me. I’ve been waiting patiently for my items I ordered to stay compliant with CA laws. I then emailed their customer Service Department asking them if they can please send my other items that were in my order so I can go to the shooting range next week and not get arrested for a felony since I’m no longer CA compliant. They then told me since they are splitting my order into pieces instead of one order that I now have to pay additional shipping since I no longer am qualified for their free shipping for orders over $50 and on top of that I will have to pay additional processing fees.

What a load of crap. It’s their fault in the first place by not telling me ahead of time that the spare spring kit wasn’t in stock. I was very nice and explained everything to their customer service department in detail and they started to make it seem like I was a bad guy for buying gun accessories in the first place. I will never order from this place again. I never take the time to write any comments for anybody but in this case I want other people to know how crappy this place is. Don’t support these liberals.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. We regret you did not feel that you received excellent service from our agents. We have forwarded your review to the customer experience management staff for future training opportunities. It does appear your in stock items have already shipped and no shipping charges were applied. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Original review: July 13, 2018

11 days to receive product which is unacceptable.... then they charge you $7.95 if you are unhappy and want to return item. I will never order anything from OpticsPlanet.com again, especially when there are so many other options available that ship on time.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent experience. Customer service is our top priority. Optics Planet uses a variety of shipping carriers to ensure your order is delivered in a secure manner. The most efficient carrier is automatically selected based on the destination, size, and weight of your package. Value shipping is the default method and can take 5-10 business days in transit. Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I placed an online order with this company and they sent me an email saying that the order had been placed on "hold" because the delivery address was different than the billing address. They wanted my permission to allow them to verify my card by playing some stupid game, with the incentive of a "free gift". I couldn't believe what I was reading. The credit card company accepted the transaction, but they denied the transaction unless I met their stupid and probably illegal demands. This is what they sent me… "We truly apologize but your order has been temporarily placed on hold because the shipping address you provided is different from your billing address. For your protection, we need to validate this credit card transaction before we can proceed with your order. There are several simple ways to verify your transaction:

1. Change your shipping address to match the billing address. 2. Authorize us to conduct Manual Verification. By choosing Manual Verification, you qualify for a free gift. Please note, due to certain restrictions, the incentive will be selected by our Order Processing Team and cannot be changed upon request. Here is how Manual Verification works:

I. We charge your card for a random amount between $0.01 and $5.00. This amount will either be credited back to you or applied towards your purchase.
II. You verify the charged amount with your bank, over the phone or online.
III. You contact us by phone or email with the exact amount which was charged.

IV. Once verified, we immediately continue processing your order."

So as you can see, they wanted to dictate to me where the items were shipped and they wanted me to go through this elaborate verification process even though my credit card company had already accepted the transaction. I spent a fair amount of time on their website shopping for this order and was more than just a little peeved that they shamelessly wasted my time and made no sincere apologies for it. I called them on the phone and gave them every opportunity to do the right thing and they flat-out refused to honor my purchase. Needless to say that I will never attempt any transaction with them again and you are a fool if you do.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience. Customer service is our top priority. We completely understand the inconvenience you may experience due to our risk management procedures. However, it is in your best interest for us to practice fraud prevention since we are an online retailer, and come across fraudulent orders from every aspect. Our aim is to protect our customers. Please accept our apologies as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you in the future.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I ordered a holster from OpticsPlanet with some reluctance because of all of the negative reviews but I must say that I had no issues. It took them two or three days to process my order but I received my item in nine days from the date that I ordered it. I also am very pleased with the holster.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When I went to check out for a Nikon rifle scope with a free 2 day shipping tag on it, my FedEx arrival day was a week out. I called customer service and asked why I didn’t get the 2 day shipping. They said I had to enter a code. I explained to them there was no prompt for the code and checkout had no instructions on how to obtain the code. If a product has a 2 day shipping for free why not just ship the thing with 2 day shipping because I didn’t receive a refunded to me for the 8 day snail mail. Just saying if you don’t want bad reviews make sure check out is clear.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Sent them a check but cancelled the order 2 days later. It's been almost a month and still no refund. Each time I call it's a different story. This is my first and last time doing business with this outfit.

OpticsPlanet.com Company Information