1.39/5
Based on 43 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

OpticsPlanet.com

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 10, 2018

113 OpticsPlanet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I placed an order with OpticsPlanet on January 20, 2018. After 17 days I contacted customer service and was told that there was an issue with the shipping and they would check on it. When I asked if someone from the company would call to let me know what the status of the package was I received a non-answer, I asked a second time and was hung up on. Extremely poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I would never buy another product from OpticsPlanet and strongly suggest other shop elsewhere. It took close to twelve months for my order to arrive. When it did arrive, two items were missing. OpticsPlanet are very reluctant to send me the missing items. OpticsPlanet rarely reply to my emails and I'm sure this is on purpose in the hope that I will stop contacting them for the items I've paid for. If I could award less stars I would. DO NOT SHOP THERE!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

An item that was too large was sent back to OpticsPlanet, using their return shipping label, to the post office (as directed). I left it at the post office on January 13. OpticsPlanet has an arrangement by which the United States Post Office apparently holds an item until it can be transferred to UPS. As a result of the system, the item arrived back at OpticsPlanet on January 25 (12 days later). After arriving back at OpticsPlanet on January 25, it took until February 5 for them to transfer it to FedEx.

I believe this will be via FedEx ground which means it will probably arrive to me somewhere around February 10-12. That means it will have taken ONE MONTH for OpticsPlanet to have replaced my item. Multiple conversations with their customer service just provided me with the boiler-plate words, "we regret things took this long", or, "we are very sorry". No sort of compensation, store credit, discount, or any material compensation for this absurd service on a $150 item! Never again!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Ordered Meprolight Flip-up Sight Sets with Tritium, 2 Rear Dots FRBS M2D-B for around $60, and had planned to buy two new rifle scopes as well. Turns out - a “typographical error occurred on our website causing a pricing discrepancy”. As a business owner, if I quote a job at a specific price and then realize I screwed up, that’s on me and I honor that quote. This is the opposite of that. It’s a great way to permanently lose current and potential customers. Won’t ever recommend OpticsPlanet to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I purchased a Leupold scope and two sets of metal Leupold scope covers shortly before the end of Dec. via over the phone order with Optics Planet. I received automated email about a week later informing me I had two days to respond or my ordered would be canceled. I immediately called the co. and was asked to allow them to charge my cc for 1.00 to 5.00 and I would have to call my credit card co. and find out the amount. I call Optics Planet back with the secrete amount to verify me is me. I appreciate the fraud protection, but why didn't we play this game a week earlier when I first placed my order over the phone.

I asked my cc co. if they ever heard of sales co. asking for this type of verification and my cc replied only small tiny co.s' require this type of verification according to my cc co. I received my scope, but never the other two sets of metal Leupold scope covers for apparently they were backordered. No email or phone call letting me the customer know they were out of stock.

I called Optics Planet and the salesperson placed another order from a different supplier according to the salesperson, but once again no ordered ever arrived. I called Optics Planet back and it was ship to a different address other than my specific address of previous partial order. Now another order was sent out according to Optics Planet with scope covers, but they also never arrived. I followed up with Optics Planet and was told they sent out my order via snail mail with no real tracking. I had to call this co. 8 times in forty five days only to give up and request a refund for the scope covers. I never received the balance of my order. Supposedly the scope covers were snail mail, but were returned to sender. Guess they entered another incorrect address.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet.com?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I ordered a $400 scope from OpticsPlanet about 3 weeks before Christmas with a promised delivery well ahead of gift giving time. Just before Christmas I was sent an email saying my shipment had been delayed. I think it was 3 business days ahead of the holiday. I contacted the company and was treated pretty badly by their staff. I canceled my order, found the same scope elsewhere for less money and it arrived on time for Christmas. I had bought other things from OpticsPlanet that were on time which is the only reason I didn't give them just one star. But what they did and how they handled it was off the chart bad.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Placed online order on 11/27/17 for over $100, expected to receive item/Christmas gift before holiday, as stated by company's shipping policy of 7-16 days. I never received an out of stock or delayed shipping email. On 12/23/17, I received email shipping notification. Item was received the following week on 12/28/17 and missed the holiday. On 12/26/17, I immediately called CSD. Could not reach anyone for days, left several voicemails with no response. Then I contacted them via email. The only response and resolution they offered was via email, not even a phone call, and received a credit of $9.79. Worst experience ever, I hope you read this before placing your order!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I recently ordered 2 Vortex Scopes from OpticsPlanet expecting that they would arrive relatively quickly however, I received 2 emails stating that it would take much longer than expected. I was very frustrated and called OpticsPlanet to cancel my order. Seth ** who is the contact number at the bottom of the email was very prompt in returning my call and explained to me that the items ordered were back ordered. Seth ** went above and beyond to ensure that I found a better Vortex scope which would better serve me (recent grad of state Sniper Academy) and took extra steps to ensure that my order was shipped ASAP. I cannot express how professional and personable Seth ** is and will be doing business and recommendations for OpticsPlanet from here on in! Thank You Again Seth **.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

**********NOTE TO APPROVER: https://opticsplanet.pissedconsumer.com/order-cancellatio-201712281157210.html

Obviously, Optics Planet (OP) does not check their emails or simply ignores them in order to ship the product regardless of any cancellations. Now, I am left to endure the waiting process for receipt of the product and then the return/reimbursement ($147.00). I purchased an item from OP and upon further measurement consideration with my armorer, realized it would not properly fit my weapon application. Twenty-eight (28) minutes later, 0850 EST, I followed the website's "cancellation" email prompts to advise of my cancellation; at the time, calling in the cancellation was not a option (although I tried that too) due to time zone difference (OP would not be open for business for at least two more hours), and I wanted to effect the cancellation as soon as possible, so that timeliness would not be a factor on my part. Eleven (11) hours later, I got a shipment notification. I checked the tracking number provided and the shipping carrier's website indicated that a label had been created, but the item had NOT YET been provided to the carrier. I called OP to address the issue, and they advised that they could not cancel the order, despite my reiteration that I initiated the cancellation 11 hours prior, and that the carrier did not yet have the item for shipping.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I ordered 2 items shown as in stock, 18 in inventory. I used the chat feature to confirm. The agent told me the items were in stock & would ship in 1-2 days. 7 days later, still no shipment or tracking info. I can't get through on the phone, goes to voicemail. Using chat gets the same "final stages of being shipped" answer. Agent can't confirm anything, no proof of stock, no shipping ETA. The same thing happened on my first order with OpticsPlanet. The order will process & they will have your money but there's no inventory to ship. Order at your own risk. OpticsPlanet will gladly take your payment instantly & your item may not ship for a month. I'm done with OpticsPlanet. I'll be shopping in a different universe.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

On December 1st I placed an order 1800.00 worth, I was promised it would ship by 2nd week of same month. Well it's been 20 days. Several calls to them, items are still on order, finally had to cancel, very dissatisfied with them. Called Midway all items in stock and shipping today. Will never use Optics Planet again.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Placed order for an item & paid for expedited shipping, two days later still not shipped. Called CS & rep was very rude & said there was some kind of brief delay & shipping is 3-5 days. Expedited is suppose to be 3 days guaranteed. Sent several emails,with no response. I know it's Christmas time, but don't offer & guarantee shipping ETA if you are not going to be able to fulfill. Looks like other customers have had same issue. Will do business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Ordered on 12-14 before noon with free shipping. Order not shipped till 12-18 and now they say free shipping will not arrive before Christmas. Never said that anywhere during order or I would've gladly paid extra for shipping. In addition is said 1-2 days to ship and it took 4. I will never order from here again. They are a poor company to do online business with.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Ordered item on Saturday morning, Expedited Shipping, $20.04. Item didn’t ship till Tuesday. They are open on Saturdays, which clarifies a business day. Will not return emails when asked about product. Listed an item to have a feature, which did not have. They do not tell the truth about shipping times or methods. Very rude CSR’s. Will never buy again. eBay or Midway USA has same items.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Order placed 2017-11-27. Not a big order, about $60. The games started immediately with a request for payment verification via PayPal or a small verified charge on my CC. Customer service by phone is unreachable and they don't return voice messages. It was 3 phone calls and 2 emails to sales before my order was "verified" on 2017-12-4. It was 5 more days (12/9) until I received a shipment notification for FedEx. FedEx didn't actually receive the package for 3 more days (12/12). 4 more days (12/16) until FedEx GAVE IT TO THE USPS! It is now with USPS and I've yet to see it. 21 days and counting. They are now advertising free delivery for Xmas. I don't believe they can do that it. More to follow if I get my order...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Ordered Kel-Tec PMR30 barrel on Dec. 8th, 2017 and then on 12 of December I called them because I haven't received anything saying it sent when I picked 2 day shipping. To find out it was on back order even though they said they have 3 in stock. First and last time I'm doing business with this company. Then to top it off the lady said I haven't been billed yet which was false because I got a notification saying The money was pulled from account. She said tomorrow it should ship. Fingers crossed.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I bought a safe from this people on 12/05/17. Few days later no confirmation no tracking. NADA. So I sent an email. Got an automatic response with no helpful info whatsoever. Called 150 times on Saturday 12/09 till a human answered the phone and told me he would "gather" some info and let me know with their logistics department what was happening, again dead-end. No email. No call. Today I spoke to a very nice lady KIM 12/11/17. Same BS "Let me talk to logistics", waited for 5 minutes and she told me they have to wait for the vendor to let them know when they will ship my goddamn safe, meaning I still don't know when if ever will I get my $626 USD safe which they were quickly to collect from my checking account. WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN. Save yourselves some time and order from Amazon. I regret so much trusting these people.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I wish I had done more research on this company before ordering from them. I could have bought the scope that I ordered and received it in two days, via Amazon Prime. They told me today that it will not even ship for approx. another two weeks!! It looks like that they do not even order it from the supplier until you order it from them... Stay away unless you want to wait and wait for your order.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Ordered a pair of sunglasses on 11/10/17 and was offered a chance to pay for 2 day shipping. As of 11/18/17 the order status had not changed and I had received no updates that they had shipped. On 11/24/17 I sent an email using their customer service address to see what was going on. I never received a response after a few emails. Finally decided it was time to call today on 12/05/17 and was told that the glasses I ordered were on backorder till 12/27/17. I most likely would never have been notified and they were content to let me wait until after Christmas for an item I bought intending to give as a present for a late November birthday. Save yourself the trouble and just order from Amazon. Customer service representative was nice and apologetic but overall this was a waste of time and a terrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This company does not return messages of any kind. They claimed the order was in stock. When I checked the order status it claimed it was on order. Not interested in a storefront window. This is a horrible company. DO NOT order from them!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

So after a long time of hunting and waiting to find a Daniel Defense M4A1 upper receiver (*pinned at 16 inches*) I found one on their website. Not to mention it was on sale. To say the least I was excited. I purchased the upper right away. After ordering I waited two days with no email confirmation. I found my order number and entered it on their website to track my shipment. Then I find that my order was cancelled? No email? No call?... When I called them they told me this was a restricted item and they can’t ship it at all.

Clearly this place doesn’t keep up with very basic laws (a 14.5 inch barrel in California is illegal unless it’s pinned and welded to make it 16 inches WHICH THIS ONE IS) so I contacted both Daniel Defense and my local FFL dealers and they both told me that it’s perfectly legal and the laws are what I thought they were. I don’t know what kind of business you guys are running but you have lost mine forever. After explaining to them what the laws are they tell me "it’s still a restricted item". Wonderful, you guys are great! Don’t sell anything firearm related if you don’t know the laws behind them, ignorant to say the least.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Well, it finally hit me after my 3rd order that this whole company is some kind of non-stocking front. You order, they order, then send to you... unreal. All of my items were supposedly in-stock when I ordered them, after 3 days, my orders page says my items are "on order"... What the heck is that?? I'd rather pay a few dollars more to a reputable online seller. Midway has never done this to me, so I apologize Midway for ever trying someone new.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Upon placing my order, I never received a confirmation email. I was only able to confirm based on the charges to my card. I received shipment notification along with a tracking number a few days ago, however, after 3 days, FedEx shows the package as unshipped. I tried calling their customer service number several times and I only get an answering machine. This will be the last order I place with them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I ordered from them on a Tuesday, item was in stock, but took 3 days to ship it out. Then they shipped it out, shipping showed 4 days to arrive but it's been almost 7. It shipped out FedEx with tracking then sent to the USPS with no tracking. I have no clue where my package is at now. I bought from them because it was a little cheaper than anywhere else, now knowing this I would've bought from somewhere else. Also fill out a form for a price match and another order that they had in stock around the same time. Still no e-mail back about it. Place is a ** joke. Save yourself the time and trouble and order elsewhere. They will never get another penny from me.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

When I purchased my product it said it was available and would arrive within 2 days with free shipping. Now the status is "waiting on order," with over 3 weeks estimated arrival. Shame on their dishonesty.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Don't order from them unless you have plenty of time to receive the product. I didn't find out until after I had placed the order that several items were not in stock. My order status kept saying estimated time for shipment 1-3 days. My order was shipped 10 days after I placed it, with one additional item still on back-order. It was too late for that last item so I tried to cancel the order. I removed it from my cart and when that didn't seem to work, I used their online form to change an order. I received a confirmation email saying someone would get back to me. They never did. Instead, they processed my order anyway.

When I did an online chat, I was told the product was in the warehouse being prepared for shipment. Okay. I asked them to stop preparing it because I no longer wanted it. They couldn't stop it or were too lazy to do the work to stop it. So, now I'm having to deal with my credit card company. This company is too frustrating to deal with. I wish I would have read these reviews before ordering. Someone at that company should take a look at how things are being managed, because it's being done poorly.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

So many items on this site are priced well below market price, and then one decides, "Yeah, everyone reviews them horribly, but I have to try to get it because it's so cheap." Well, they have some kinda BS going on because I haven't seen a single order fulfilled out of three orders I've placed there during the last six months. They seem to have absolutely no stock, and obviously have no relationship with suppliers given the prices.

I spoke to someone at the manufacturer of one of my purchases, who said that they get lots of complaints about OpticPlanet.com (and a few other online companies suspected of being owned by the same people) selling their products and the customers never, ever getting them. They made me wait 43 business days, apologized profusely a number of times through email for the delay, and then they just cancelled my order one day. Keep away!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Order confirmed and shipped on 09/08/17. FedEx sure post in Kent WA on 09/14/17 to be transferred to USPS for final delivery. On 09/18/17 USPS has no scan of the package, Last delivery promise was for Saturday 09/16/17. Tried to track thru USPS. Wrong tracking number and (no status available). Kent, WA is 20 miles away. 4 days to travel 20 miles by mail???

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Upon Contacting OpticsPlanet in reference to the placement of an order from one of their parent companies, I found the customer service personnel to be highly qualified, courteous, friendly and very professional. Actually, I was seeking information regarding an item purchased that was back ordered in which they assisted me greatly by inquiring to the manufacturer the date of delivery. An email was sent to me in a most efficient manner describing the estimated time of arrival. This type of management brings an aspect of professionalism to OpticsPlanet and is a reflection of their character.

In addition to the aforesaid, the prices attached to all of their items are reasonable, more than reasonable as they strive to be very competitive with the many retailers. The quality of the goods sold by OpticsPlanet are the very best. We would highly recommend OpticsPlanet to everyone, and an online retailer one can trust.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I ordered a picatinny rail for my rifle and it arrived missing the screws to mount the base to the receiver. I called customer service today (8/1/17) and then the rep said he would put in a "request" for the missing screws. I will wait to see how long it takes to receive the parts (if they do in fact send them) and post a follow up at that time. Main point... They should not ship incomplete units. Poor quality control.

OpticsPlanet.com Company Information

www.opticsplanet.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use