1.69/5

Last updated: April 15, 2018

121 OpticsPlanet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 15, 2018

Great deals that is if you ever get your product. Ordered Vortex Venom Top Load 1x26.5mm 3 MOA Red Dot with discount $ 201.00 12 % off. Still waiting a month and a half later. Going to cancel order and buy it from someone who actually has it in stock.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I purchased AmeriGlo sights and a TLR-7 light for my Glock 19 from OpticsPlanet. Both were on a short waiting list, however I was notified of this upon purchase. Given the fact that I am waiting on other parts for my build, a wait was not a concern. The fact that the parts I was purchasing were also 30% or more below market value (when I purchased then) was another reason to wait. All parts came BEFORE the listed wait period, and customer service was in contact with me every step of the way.

I have a child in the house and do not trust her friends to be around a package with any sort of firearms labeling. Her friends know that I am a combat vet but do not know that I am a gun owner. This was made clear to OpticsPlanet and discreet packaging was supplied. This is, in my experience, a relatively rare thing for firearms and firearms parts dealers to accommodate. Furthermore, after being told of the wait period I was told that I can cancel my order if the wait is not to my liking. I was also only charged after the product shipped. I have nothing bad to say about OpticsPlanet. However, if you are an "order the cheapest version of a product and expect it to be delivered tomorrow" sort of person, shy away. My parents and the military taught me to hurry up and wait, however. If you can wait, OpticsPlanet is a great place to buy from.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2018

So I got a scope in and when I was unboxing it I noticed that only two sides were protected with bubble wrap. After examining the scope, I found a dented cap on one of the turrets and contacted OP first thing Monday morning. They said to take a picture of the damage and send it in with an email. The email I just received said I needed to create a RMA by clicking on a link. Followed the instructions and now they are saying on the website that shipping damage is not covered and will not issue an RMA. So don't think I will be upgrading any other scopes or optics with them ever again. It was nice being placed on hold for 45 min just to get a question answered that was wrong. So far not worth the 50 bucks I saved buying from Optics Planet.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I have been a customer for the past 7 or 8 years. Great place to buy tactical and hunting gear. The customer service is great, they take returns for free. The selection is huge. I just got an awesome deal on Vortex scope shipped free and had it in one day. I have purchased different stuff and never had an issue. I will be back for me.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I will never do business with OpticsPlanet again. The first two orders went OK. I got free shipping and the first order took about a week to ship. The second order took around 2 weeks. The third order was a mess I ordered a bunch of items, for a security job, which included a streamlight handcuff key. They let me know around a week later that the order was on freeze because I needed to fax credentials for the handcuff key. I then cancelled the order because I thought that was ridiculous. Even after I cancelled the order they continued to email me for a few weeks later saying the order would not process without my fax. I made the final mistake of making another order this time without the handcuff key. I immediately paid them the entire amount via PayPal $60 and $10 from my credit card.

After 3 weeks I contacted them when I did not receive the order and they said they would ship it out a week later but then I got another email saying they cannot process because PayPal stopped the payment since it took so long. I had to repay them $60 via my PayPal. Then they asked for the $10, which I told them they had already collected and I never got those funds back. After explaining all this they said they needed the $10 still to process the order. I cancelled the order and chalked the $10 as a loss. I will never deal with this company again regardless of the deals. Terrible shipping times, bad communication, difficult in tracking orders (no ETA on order). Just saying "in transit".

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet.com?

Original review: March 5, 2018

I am a returning buyer from this business, but this is my first purchase of a high-end product (AccuPoint Rifle Scope). The Post Office lost the package for 12 days and after 7 days I launched a search with USPS. OpticsPlanet worked with me and USPS in getting the product located and delivered. The product is exactly as advertised and delivered in excellent condition with everything it's supposed to include. Their videos were helpful in my selection and their amazing prices sealed the deal for my purchase. I couldn't be happier with my selection and the service from front to back from OpticsPlanet and would/will be recommending them from here on out. Good Job!

Original review: March 3, 2018

Do not purchase from OpticsPlanet or Drago. I purchased a 3 items online. I received a confirmation that all 3 items shipped. I received a tracking number and the package arrived on the date indicated (UPS PASS). I opened the box and there was 1 item in the box. There was no information regarding shipment of the other 2 items. Supposedly they are in transit. (OPTICS PLANET FAIL.) The item that arrived was a Drago Hydration pack. All 3 of the small zippers on this pack failed during first operation. (DRAGO FAIL.)

I called Optics Planet in order to initiate a return. I waited on hold for 30 minutes. Once connected customer service rep could not find my order via the Order Number (OPTICS PLANET FAIL). Once my order was found the customer service person told me how to initiate a return/refund using the RMA link on the web page. I tried to initiate the RMA but it required the Order Number which was somehow not in their system. So I was not able to initiate RMA. (OPTICS PLANET FAIL.) I'm currently on hold for 30 more minutes and counting... (OPTICS PLANET FAIL.)

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I bought a holster on December 11th 2017 and they sent the wrong one. I called and they said, "So sorry. We’ll be glad to sent you the correct one, but we’ll wait until we get the one you have back." Fine, so I sent it back and in 2-3 weeks they email saying they’ve got my return so they’ll send me the other holster now. Then a few days later they call saying the holsters they have are wrong and they don’t have the one I want. So they say, "Pick a different one," so I do and they say it will take 29-37 days to arrive. That day was January 13th, I called at day 38 and they said they’re still waiting and they don’t know when they’ll have it. It’s now February 22 (day 40 from the day they “received my return”) and they say they’re still waiting on the items to arrive at their facility before they’re sent to me. Ridiculous.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I placed an order with OpticsPlanet on January 20, 2018. After 17 days I contacted customer service and was told that there was an issue with the shipping and they would check on it. When I asked if someone from the company would call to let me know what the status of the package was I received a non-answer, I asked a second time and was hung up on. Extremely poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I would never buy another product from OpticsPlanet and strongly suggest other shop elsewhere. It took close to twelve months for my order to arrive. When it did arrive, two items were missing. OpticsPlanet are very reluctant to send me the missing items. OpticsPlanet rarely reply to my emails and I'm sure this is on purpose in the hope that I will stop contacting them for the items I've paid for. If I could award less stars I would. DO NOT SHOP THERE!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

An item that was too large was sent back to OpticsPlanet, using their return shipping label, to the post office (as directed). I left it at the post office on January 13. OpticsPlanet has an arrangement by which the United States Post Office apparently holds an item until it can be transferred to UPS. As a result of the system, the item arrived back at OpticsPlanet on January 25 (12 days later). After arriving back at OpticsPlanet on January 25, it took until February 5 for them to transfer it to FedEx.

I believe this will be via FedEx ground which means it will probably arrive to me somewhere around February 10-12. That means it will have taken ONE MONTH for OpticsPlanet to have replaced my item. Multiple conversations with their customer service just provided me with the boiler-plate words, "we regret things took this long", or, "we are very sorry". No sort of compensation, store credit, discount, or any material compensation for this absurd service on a $150 item! Never again!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Ordered Meprolight Flip-up Sight Sets with Tritium, 2 Rear Dots FRBS M2D-B for around $60, and had planned to buy two new rifle scopes as well. Turns out - a “typographical error occurred on our website causing a pricing discrepancy”. As a business owner, if I quote a job at a specific price and then realize I screwed up, that’s on me and I honor that quote. This is the opposite of that. It’s a great way to permanently lose current and potential customers. Won’t ever recommend OpticsPlanet to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I purchased a Leupold scope and two sets of metal Leupold scope covers shortly before the end of Dec. via over the phone order with Optics Planet. I received automated email about a week later informing me I had two days to respond or my ordered would be canceled. I immediately called the co. and was asked to allow them to charge my cc for 1.00 to 5.00 and I would have to call my credit card co. and find out the amount. I call Optics Planet back with the secrete amount to verify me is me. I appreciate the fraud protection, but why didn't we play this game a week earlier when I first placed my order over the phone.

I asked my cc co. if they ever heard of sales co. asking for this type of verification and my cc replied only small tiny co.s' require this type of verification according to my cc co. I received my scope, but never the other two sets of metal Leupold scope covers for apparently they were backordered. No email or phone call letting me the customer know they were out of stock.

I called Optics Planet and the salesperson placed another order from a different supplier according to the salesperson, but once again no ordered ever arrived. I called Optics Planet back and it was ship to a different address other than my specific address of previous partial order. Now another order was sent out according to Optics Planet with scope covers, but they also never arrived. I followed up with Optics Planet and was told they sent out my order via snail mail with no real tracking. I had to call this co. 8 times in forty five days only to give up and request a refund for the scope covers. I never received the balance of my order. Supposedly the scope covers were snail mail, but were returned to sender. Guess they entered another incorrect address.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I ordered a $400 scope from OpticsPlanet about 3 weeks before Christmas with a promised delivery well ahead of gift giving time. Just before Christmas I was sent an email saying my shipment had been delayed. I think it was 3 business days ahead of the holiday. I contacted the company and was treated pretty badly by their staff. I canceled my order, found the same scope elsewhere for less money and it arrived on time for Christmas. I had bought other things from OpticsPlanet that were on time which is the only reason I didn't give them just one star. But what they did and how they handled it was off the chart bad.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Placed online order on 11/27/17 for over $100, expected to receive item/Christmas gift before holiday, as stated by company's shipping policy of 7-16 days. I never received an out of stock or delayed shipping email. On 12/23/17, I received email shipping notification. Item was received the following week on 12/28/17 and missed the holiday. On 12/26/17, I immediately called CSD. Could not reach anyone for days, left several voicemails with no response. Then I contacted them via email. The only response and resolution they offered was via email, not even a phone call, and received a credit of $9.79. Worst experience ever, I hope you read this before placing your order!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I recently ordered 2 Vortex Scopes from OpticsPlanet expecting that they would arrive relatively quickly however, I received 2 emails stating that it would take much longer than expected. I was very frustrated and called OpticsPlanet to cancel my order. Seth ** who is the contact number at the bottom of the email was very prompt in returning my call and explained to me that the items ordered were back ordered. Seth ** went above and beyond to ensure that I found a better Vortex scope which would better serve me (recent grad of state Sniper Academy) and took extra steps to ensure that my order was shipped ASAP. I cannot express how professional and personable Seth ** is and will be doing business and recommendations for OpticsPlanet from here on in! Thank You Again Seth **.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

**********NOTE TO APPROVER: https://opticsplanet.pissedconsumer.com/order-cancellatio-201712281157210.html

Obviously, Optics Planet (OP) does not check their emails or simply ignores them in order to ship the product regardless of any cancellations. Now, I am left to endure the waiting process for receipt of the product and then the return/reimbursement ($147.00). I purchased an item from OP and upon further measurement consideration with my armorer, realized it would not properly fit my weapon application. Twenty-eight (28) minutes later, 0850 EST, I followed the website's "cancellation" email prompts to advise of my cancellation; at the time, calling in the cancellation was not a option (although I tried that too) due to time zone difference (OP would not be open for business for at least two more hours), and I wanted to effect the cancellation as soon as possible, so that timeliness would not be a factor on my part. Eleven (11) hours later, I got a shipment notification. I checked the tracking number provided and the shipping carrier's website indicated that a label had been created, but the item had NOT YET been provided to the carrier. I called OP to address the issue, and they advised that they could not cancel the order, despite my reiteration that I initiated the cancellation 11 hours prior, and that the carrier did not yet have the item for shipping.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I ordered 2 items shown as in stock, 18 in inventory. I used the chat feature to confirm. The agent told me the items were in stock & would ship in 1-2 days. 7 days later, still no shipment or tracking info. I can't get through on the phone, goes to voicemail. Using chat gets the same "final stages of being shipped" answer. Agent can't confirm anything, no proof of stock, no shipping ETA. The same thing happened on my first order with OpticsPlanet. The order will process & they will have your money but there's no inventory to ship. Order at your own risk. OpticsPlanet will gladly take your payment instantly & your item may not ship for a month. I'm done with OpticsPlanet. I'll be shopping in a different universe.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

On December 1st I placed an order 1800.00 worth, I was promised it would ship by 2nd week of same month. Well it's been 20 days. Several calls to them, items are still on order, finally had to cancel, very dissatisfied with them. Called Midway all items in stock and shipping today. Will never use Optics Planet again.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Placed order for an item & paid for expedited shipping, two days later still not shipped. Called CS & rep was very rude & said there was some kind of brief delay & shipping is 3-5 days. Expedited is suppose to be 3 days guaranteed. Sent several emails,with no response. I know it's Christmas time, but don't offer & guarantee shipping ETA if you are not going to be able to fulfill. Looks like other customers have had same issue. Will do business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Ordered on 12-14 before noon with free shipping. Order not shipped till 12-18 and now they say free shipping will not arrive before Christmas. Never said that anywhere during order or I would've gladly paid extra for shipping. In addition is said 1-2 days to ship and it took 4. I will never order from here again. They are a poor company to do online business with.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Ordered item on Saturday morning, Expedited Shipping, $20.04. Item didn’t ship till Tuesday. They are open on Saturdays, which clarifies a business day. Will not return emails when asked about product. Listed an item to have a feature, which did not have. They do not tell the truth about shipping times or methods. Very rude CSR’s. Will never buy again. eBay or Midway USA has same items.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Order placed 2017-11-27. Not a big order, about $60. The games started immediately with a request for payment verification via PayPal or a small verified charge on my CC. Customer service by phone is unreachable and they don't return voice messages. It was 3 phone calls and 2 emails to sales before my order was "verified" on 2017-12-4. It was 5 more days (12/9) until I received a shipment notification for FedEx. FedEx didn't actually receive the package for 3 more days (12/12). 4 more days (12/16) until FedEx GAVE IT TO THE USPS! It is now with USPS and I've yet to see it. 21 days and counting. They are now advertising free delivery for Xmas. I don't believe they can do that it. More to follow if I get my order...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Ordered Kel-Tec PMR30 barrel on Dec. 8th, 2017 and then on 12 of December I called them because I haven't received anything saying it sent when I picked 2 day shipping. To find out it was on back order even though they said they have 3 in stock. First and last time I'm doing business with this company. Then to top it off the lady said I haven't been billed yet which was false because I got a notification saying The money was pulled from account. She said tomorrow it should ship. Fingers crossed.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I bought a safe from this people on 12/05/17. Few days later no confirmation no tracking. NADA. So I sent an email. Got an automatic response with no helpful info whatsoever. Called 150 times on Saturday 12/09 till a human answered the phone and told me he would "gather" some info and let me know with their logistics department what was happening, again dead-end. No email. No call. Today I spoke to a very nice lady KIM 12/11/17. Same BS "Let me talk to logistics", waited for 5 minutes and she told me they have to wait for the vendor to let them know when they will ship my goddamn safe, meaning I still don't know when if ever will I get my $626 USD safe which they were quickly to collect from my checking account. WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN. Save yourselves some time and order from Amazon. I regret so much trusting these people.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I wish I had done more research on this company before ordering from them. I could have bought the scope that I ordered and received it in two days, via Amazon Prime. They told me today that it will not even ship for approx. another two weeks!! It looks like that they do not even order it from the supplier until you order it from them... Stay away unless you want to wait and wait for your order.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Ordered a pair of sunglasses on 11/10/17 and was offered a chance to pay for 2 day shipping. As of 11/18/17 the order status had not changed and I had received no updates that they had shipped. On 11/24/17 I sent an email using their customer service address to see what was going on. I never received a response after a few emails. Finally decided it was time to call today on 12/05/17 and was told that the glasses I ordered were on backorder till 12/27/17. I most likely would never have been notified and they were content to let me wait until after Christmas for an item I bought intending to give as a present for a late November birthday. Save yourself the trouble and just order from Amazon. Customer service representative was nice and apologetic but overall this was a waste of time and a terrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

This company does not return messages of any kind. They claimed the order was in stock. When I checked the order status it claimed it was on order. Not interested in a storefront window. This is a horrible company. DO NOT order from them!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

So after a long time of hunting and waiting to find a Daniel Defense M4A1 upper receiver (*pinned at 16 inches*) I found one on their website. Not to mention it was on sale. To say the least I was excited. I purchased the upper right away. After ordering I waited two days with no email confirmation. I found my order number and entered it on their website to track my shipment. Then I find that my order was cancelled? No email? No call?... When I called them they told me this was a restricted item and they can’t ship it at all.

Clearly this place doesn’t keep up with very basic laws (a 14.5 inch barrel in California is illegal unless it’s pinned and welded to make it 16 inches WHICH THIS ONE IS) so I contacted both Daniel Defense and my local FFL dealers and they both told me that it’s perfectly legal and the laws are what I thought they were. I don’t know what kind of business you guys are running but you have lost mine forever. After explaining to them what the laws are they tell me "it’s still a restricted item". Wonderful, you guys are great! Don’t sell anything firearm related if you don’t know the laws behind them, ignorant to say the least.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Well, it finally hit me after my 3rd order that this whole company is some kind of non-stocking front. You order, they order, then send to you... unreal. All of my items were supposedly in-stock when I ordered them, after 3 days, my orders page says my items are "on order"... What the heck is that?? I'd rather pay a few dollars more to a reputable online seller. Midway has never done this to me, so I apologize Midway for ever trying someone new.

OpticsPlanet.com Company Information