1.50/5
Are you this business? Claim your page

229 OpticsPlanet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 22, 2019

I ordered a Strike Industries MPX/MCX Stabilizer brace and a Sig Sauer MCX/MPX Collapsible Stock STOCK and both were shipped fast! Customer service is excellent and products are quality solid. Thank you.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Ordered 2 items from OPTICSPLANET. One of the items... A laser boresight... did not work. Shipped it back. They sent me an email saying they received it. No exchange. Can't make contact with them in any form... nothing. I'm out the money and the item. THESE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I placed an order for a DDM4v7 URG. The product page showed that there was 1 in stock. The next day, the product page was updated to show that there were plenty of units in stock and the price increased by several hundred dollars. Several days later, I got an email from OpticsPlanet's compliance team saying that they need to cancel my order because the product I ordered is "regulated." Of course, 99% of their inventory is regulated. They're firearm parts and there's nothing preventing me from legally making the purchase. The email failed to specify what's actually preventing them from fulfilling the order but they did offer me a 5% discount code to apply to my order if I order it again (at the newly increased price).

I guess it wasn't a compliance issue after all. Just a bait and switch tactic. Went to Gilbert's and bought the same item for around the same price. Shipped immediately from Gilbert's without any issues. Here's a hint if you decide to buy from them: If you go to their testimonials page on their site, as far as I can see, all reviews are positive. Then do a Google search for "OpticsPlanet reviews" and you'll find that most third-party reviews are negative.

Original review: March 14, 2019

OpticsPlanet is an excellent retailer comprised of high quality personnel. I’ve been placing orders through OpticsPlanet for nearly three years, as this is my fourth order. There has never, not ever been any issues or concerns as the staff and personnel have always been very professional, courteous, and most efficient in assisting the customer. In fact, OpticsPlanet has provided discounts to us, whereby many other retailers are more concerned with the inflow of cash.

Every time I’ve placed a call to OpticsPlanet, there has always been someone on the other end to readily assist me in a most timely fashion. Yes, on rare occasions one may have to wait but that is contingent upon the hectic, fast pace of a retailer (OpticsPlanet) trying to fill orders, as well as brisk sales during holiday periods. Emails sent are always answered; as details further enhance upon, and provide the needed documentation relating to our order(s).

Their prices are very reasonable, more so than the many retailers attached to the world wide web. OpticsPlanet carries a large variety of optics, hunting, shooting gear, apparel, tools, photography equipment, action cameras, and much, much, more. Our family has never been dissatisfied with any merchandise we received from OpticsPlanet. The items are always well boxed and always arrive in excellent condition. In terms of their shipping, we have found no abnormalities relating to a lengthy time frame.

I prepared this review due to OpticsPlanet providing concierge service to us each and every time; failing not. In so doing, I found many reviews mocking OpticsPlanet in various ways which we cannot believe. Some of the stories seem far fetched to me and are overly saturated with assertions, innuendos, surmises, and mere conjecture. If any read some of the negative comments, one can readily see an innumerable amount of linguistic errors, and notice strings of meaningless diatribe that are just unbelievable.

We provide positive feedback where the merchant has treated us with respect, being more than fair in all areas relating to business management, and always strives to aid the customer. This is what we have seen first hand in the course of our purchases. We consider OpticsPlanet a very viable source to acquire many things, and as stated earlier; an excellent retailer. We would highly recommend OpticsPlanet to everyone as the premier source of quality goods. Try to find any better. We hope the best for OpticsPlanet, the staff and personnel, now, and in the future. I’m so confident in OpticsPlanet, I’m writing this review without even receiving my latest order, just placed this 13th Day of March 2019.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Placed my order, then waited four weeks for the order to arrive. The order isn't even remotely close to what I ordered. I've sent two emails, no response. I will never order from this company again. My advice! Shop somewhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet.com?

Original review: March 11, 2019

I order two magazines for my Walther PPS M2. They were in stock and I was eligible for two-day shipping. I placed my order and a week and a half later I still haven’t received it. Optics Planet has good deals but bad customer support. It took over a week before my email to them was responded to. Better websites I would recommend are, Palmetto State Armory, Brownells, or even Preppers Gun Shop. All of these places are much faster and have better customer service.

Original review: March 11, 2019

On March 6th I ordered protective goggles for SWAT. On March 7th I received an email stating that the item had shipped. The tracking number with USPS, however, states that they have not received any shipments from Optics Planet. They took my money fast enough. From what I see here what they have learned from these complaints is to take your money fast and leave you hanging. They do not answer phone calls no matter how long you stay on the line. They do not answer e-mails. No contact to resolve this issue. They have all products in stock even when they don't. They take your money tell you it's shipped knowing that in most cases people will not do anything about it. Your bank or card co can do nothing as you cannot prove that they did not ship the items. Looks like my lawyer will be the next call.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Bought a Bolle Bolt sunglasses online on 02/26/2019... and still waiting for my order! I have called Customer Service 5-6 times to request for a status and they keep me on hold for minutes, and nobody answer! (As a matter of fact I'm on the line right now waiting to be assisted!!!) Also I have sent 3 emails and nothing! I want to cancel the order and the page doesn't give you the option to do so! Unbelievable!!! Do not buy from this seller! I want my money back!

Original review: March 9, 2019

I ordered the Vortex 4-16x50 Crossfire 2 rifle scope 3/3/19. I checked to make sure it was in stock before ordering and it took until 3/7/19. I mean if it takes you that long to ship an in stock item then why even waste people's time and money with garbage service like that? Just close down the company if you're gonna do it half ** cause most people don't have the time to deal with your **.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Ordered Rx sunglasses and subtotal was $262. Went to check order status the next day and price went up to $378 with no explanation. I emailed them 2 times and never got a response. I called and waited 30 min for someone to finally answer. The rep assured me it was going to be $262 and as a matter of fact, doesn’t even see the $378 price anywhere. I went in again tonight to check status and it shows the $378 amount! What the hell is this bait and switch. Looks like I’ll be calling my CC company to file a fraud report tomorrow.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Placed the order online Feb 24, has not shipped and their customer service will not answer emails or phone calls. Waited on hold for 15 mins, even tried contacting order number, same results. You are warned, do not order from them. I think they have closed and I am out $100!

Original review: March 6, 2019

I see many posts have the same issue with the less than impressive customer service. I placed an order for a set of Redding reloading dies and received the incorrect order. I sent my first email to customer service on February 26th and I received four auto generated emails since then asking for pictures. My first email contained a write up of the discrepancies and detailed photos showing the items are not what I ordered.

After waiting on hold for an hour and half yesterday I learned they only monitor emails sent to QAQC@opticsplanet.com. I sent another email tonight, I can’t wait for their response. I’m not very hopeful at this point, but I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. OpticsPlanet if you are reading this my order numbers are ** and **. I hope you come through and restore my faith and in your company by fixing this error.

Original review: March 6, 2019

They may reply to this as they finally did with my emails saying how their customer service is #1 priority. This couldn’t be further from the truth. I have NEVER been able to talk to them on the phone after multiple 30+ minute wait times. They respond to my emails eventually saying, “sorry - we are busy”. I order 5 items 2 weeks ago, all were in stock in stock at the time of purchase. Next day, received an email saying thanks for the order, 2 items are not in stock. One item was gonna take 18-32 days, other 8-15 days. 2 days after the order I tried to call about the items that were in stock, no luck.

They shipped 3 days after the order. Good news was the long lead item shipped too. I gave it 13 days and decided to cancel my last item on the order. 27 hours after my cancellation request, credit card was charged for the 5th item, no shipping email, now says out of stock, nothing else from them. Multiple phone attempts, nothing but wasted wait times. Email responses from them are, "We're sorry." Worst online distributor I’ve ever dealt with, period.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. Due to our seasonality and number of great deals that we have available on our site, our agents are experiencing significantly higher volumes than normal. If your question is urgent I recommend reaching out through our Live Chat feature. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 5, 2019

Guaranteed 2 day shipping actually goes ground and takes 10 days. I ordered a pistol brace at 11 pm on Sunday night, with a window of 1 hour to guarantee delivery by the following Tuesday. Paid for the product and received confirmation in my email. TWO DAYS LATER, on Monday afternoon, I receive a shipping receipt that states the label was JUST printed. Today, Tuesday, when I'm supposed to be receiving my order, I check the tracking number to find out my item will not arrive until NEXT Tuesday. A full week after the guaranteed delivery date. I have been on hold for 45 minutes, while I type reviews online, to speak with a representative. I will never shop here again, and I urge everyone to avoid this site.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue caused. Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days from our warehouse based in Illinois. Please be advised that time in transit does not include the day the order is picked up. Again, we deeply apologize for the frustration. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Ordered a Serpa Duty holster for 1911s with rail and/or light that states it fits Colt 1911s. It might fit someone else's Colt 1911, but not mine and what it definitely does not fit is a duty belt, or any holster belt due to the belt loop area being far too narrow even when adjusted fully out. So, the product fails on 2 counts and the shipping fails on all counts. Took forever to get here and taking forever to get back to them via FedEx Ground. My money will have been tied up for a month when this finally gets resolved. Un...believable. Never again. Only tried them because the product was no available on Amazon and that is probably because Amazon realized the product was a fail to begin with. Sorry OpticsPlanet... I may be a slow learner...but this only took once for the real shopping experience to my last with you.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order. Please contact us via chat or via email and our customer service representatives will be happy to help you. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Updated on 03/03/2019: I finally issued a complaint to the Better Business Bureau on Feb 28th and the same day they informed me that they would make an "exception" for me and on Mar 1st, they emailed a different account of mine that I never gave them to tell me that they had processed an "early replacement" for me. I had previously asked for a discount and they said they would apply one. The invoice showed that the "discount" was not being charged full price again for my replacement. They shipped it and it arrived on Mar 5th. It was finally the right scope and only 37 days after I ordered it. Later that day, I was informed that OpticsPlanet had indeed charged me the full amount a second time. Luckily there were insufficient funds and the attempted theft was declined. Don't buy from this company. They are the worst company I have ever experienced.

Original Review: I ordered a Primary Arms 1-6X24 FFP 7.62X39/.300BLK Raptor scope on Jan 27th and my package arrived on Jan 31st. It was a $400 FFP scope box with a $300 SFP scope in it. Sent it back for an exchange. They received it on Feb 7th. It is now Feb 22nd and still nothing. All I get in reply to my inquiries are canned responses. The only difference in them being that they initially claimed returns are processed within 10 days and then changed it to 14 days. This whole thing is unacceptable for multiple reasons. Don't buy from this company.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. We see that a replacement has been shipped and tracking information provided via e-mail. Again, our sincerest apologies for the handful of issues you experienced regarding this order. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

So I ordered some things from the website on 2-19-19 and was charged. Then the next day 2-20-19 got a notification that I was charged $223.98 again for the same order I placed the day before. I have tried calling them and I was on hold for 62 mins the first call and 45 mins the second time I've called.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order. If you have been unable to contact a representative to investigate and correct this issue, please reply privately to this message with your order number. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I made a purchase thought Optics Planet's website last Friday. This weekend I noticed that on the day of my purchase, OpticsPlanet had re-accessed my bank account without authorization and had mad an additional withdrawal of $140.51. This amount is different than that of the original purchase amount. Essentially they broke into my account without permission, or authorization and stole money.

When I noticed this, I called on Monday to find out what happened. I was told that they had incorrectly calculated the taxes, withdrew the recalculated amount, and had failed to reimburse me the amount of the original purchase. They after bringing this to their attention they reimbursed me the lower of the 2 amounts, and said that this was a mistake on their system. I don't care. The real issue is that they were able to re-access my bank account and take out an unagreed upon amount of money without permission, after the initial transaction, without any notice afterward of having done so!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. Please note "OpticsPlanet reserves the right to revoke any offer and correct any omission, error, or inaccuracy, whether or not a quotation or order has been submitted, confirmed and/or your credit card charged." Additional information regarding our policy can be found at https://www.opticsplanet.com/our-policy.html.

Resolution response: Feb. 13, 2019

An apology and partial refund were received thank you, however, it took three complaints (all with photos) to achieve any such action which I feel is unacceptable. I am reluctant to try any orders in the future.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Received a third package with critical machined parts from Optics Planet where the cheap, thin, unpadded plastic envelope was literally melted and torn open from the postal sorting machines. I know I can't be the only one complaining about how these envelopes are ineffective in protecting and securing expensive machined items. I even requested the item to shipped in a box instead of an envelope to no avail. All I ever receive back from OP is a canned apology in return.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any frustration we caused you. It appears a customer care agent issued a partial refund due to this packing/shipping issue. An inquiry was opened regarding the use of plastic envelopes for these types of items and we hope to correct this issue very soon. Again, our sincerest apologies for the manner in which you have received packages lately and the inconvenience caused thereof.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Ordered $200 worth of stuff and 3 days later they sent me a email saying that after they had already withdrawn the money that they could not process my order. So I called (4 times and stayed on hold for 30 minutes each time) left messages and sent emails just to have them tell me it would process today just to cancel my order after everything I went through getting through to them. I will not be ordering off them ever again. Good selection sucky service.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. Customer service is our number one priority. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order with the information provided. Please contact us via chat or via email and our customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

At the time of this writing, I am deployed to the Middle East and needed a 2 Blackhawk SERPA products by a specific date for mission. There was no movement on the shipping and no communication "UNTIL" I canceled the order - then it suddenly "shipped". Customer service never returned calls or emails in spite of voicemail messages and cancellation emails. I was on hold forever. Never again. Nice website and they say the right things but customer service is about what you DO not what you advertise. The items, if they ship, will be returned. I fully expect that will also be a sterling experience. I will let you know. I view this as extremely deplorable support of US Military service members.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. Customer service is our number one priority. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order with the information provided. We are absolutely grateful for all of our servicemen and women and regret this sentiment was lost. Please contact our Customer Care management by phone or email.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Still waiting on them to answer the phone or respond to my emails... It's ridiculous that I have left several voice messages, emails and still haven't received a response. Plus one of my items didn't ship which clearly shows in stock but it isn't. Now I have to wait a week to get my money back (If they answer the phone so I can cancel my back ordered item). I may have to get my bank involved. I'm not sure what's going on but this is not the Optics Planet I know.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

One thing you do not do is lie to customers. This is my last order with OpticsPlanet. When placing my order everything showed in stock. Half the order was supposed to be 2 day shipping. Now 15 days later still waiting for my order. It was shipped ground. After all the B.S and lies about the order you think maybe you would have shipped a little faster??? No thanks. I will buy local for now on even if it is a few bucks more. A few bucks is worth less stress and B.S. My last order.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. Customer service is our number one priority. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order. Please contact us via chat or via email and our customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

It has been over 48 hours since I ordered 2 sets of Trijicon heavy duty night sights and my order status is still processing. Also, the site stated both items had over 20 in stock of each so why is it taking so long? Maybe they will answer the phone so I can cancel my order and just pay extra at local gun store. Not worth the hassle.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Most in-stock orders ship within 1-2 business days from our warehouse based in Illinois. It typically takes 5 to 10 business days to receive your order with our value shipping option. An e-mail was sent on February 2 with your tracking information. Your package is in transit and an ETA is provided by the carrier. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I have a pair of boots that I love but which were literally falling apart after 5 years of heavy use, and I was searching for replacements. OpticsPlanet was the ONLY site that still had these specific boots, as they are apparently no longer manufactured from the company that makes them, or anywhere else. And not only did OpticsPlanet have the exact shoes I was desperately searching for (seriously, I love my boots, don't judge), they were also way cheaper than I had bought them for, 5 years prior. They were around $150 originally, but on Optics they were $79, which was even better.

But guess what - I did a Google search to see if OpticsPlanet was "legit", and there came up a billion bad reviews, so I was immediately turned off to purchasing through them. But when I told my friend I could not find my boots anywhere besides "some place called Optic something" and it has "a butt ton of bad reviews so it seems sketchy". He was like "OpticsPlanet!?" And apparently he shops through OpticsPlanet regularly and he told me they're most certainly legit as well as professional.

So I gave them a try and gave them my money, and guess what they gave me? They gave me my beautiful boots! In just a few days after my purchase, and they even offered discounts and recommended other companies associated with tactical items and the like. So my point is give them the benefit of the doubt and give them your business. I'm sure they would appreciate it, and you'll get tons of cool stuff from them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Ordered some items on the 20th. One was in stock and the other said 1-3 days for them to get them in stock. After order was completed, both showed as on order. 10 business days later and neither item has been updated and the order has not shipped. After several emails and messages that they claim will be responded to in 24 hrs, they never responded and the only way for me to get a hold of a representative was to wait on hold for 20+ mins.

To further prove their responses are canned and they have no actual intention of adjusting either their service, website, or wording on their website to avoid what is an obvious issue given the 80+ negative reviews stating the same problem, they will respond to this review by apologizing and stating customer service is a top priority. The fact you have nearly 100 reviews all with the exact same issues, I'd say customer service isn't a priority at all. The slight discount they have over some other websites is not worth the hassle. Spend a little more for a company that actually provides some semblance of customer care.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. Nonetheless, this does not justify the fact that we did not provide an update on the estimated time for shipment of your order. We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I ordered a number of items that were run on their Black Friday sale. The Strike Industries LPK & trigger guard never came. These were intended for a Christmas build for my son. After New Years, they still had not arrived. I wasted a half hour on hold for customer service. They pointed to the fact that their hidden availability indicator said it would be 7-18 days to ship when I ordered, but wanted to blame Strike Industries for the fact that it had been more than a month. These parts have been "In Stock" and available from Strike the whole time. They insisted they would have the parts on January 8th. Several days ago their status on the LPK changed to "In Stock". My items still didn't ship. I called and waited another half hour for them to drag their lazy butt to the phone and was told the item was out of stock and would be available to ship January 31st.

Their customer service rep didn't have any better answer than "I don't know" when asked why they were listing it "in stock". He tried once again to blame Strike when asked when they told me it when be in on the 8th and sat in stony silence when I asked how they thought it was accepted customer service that someone should have to wait more than A QUARTER OF A YEAR for simple, widely available parts. I canceled my order and will never order from them again. BEWARE: Optics Planet is banking on you being wowed by marginally lower than market prices to convince you to put up with their terrible service. Read the other reviews here. This is just how they do things. I find it laughable that they seem to be taking more time to respond here to people's criticism of their lame practices than they seem to be filling orders to satisfy customers. Spend the extra $5-10 to keep yourself respect rather than taking the crappy treatment from these shysters.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the frustration caused by an extended backorder and regret you did not feel that you received excellent customer service from our agent. Customer service is our number one priority. You are an important customer and we value your opinion. We have forwarded your review to our customer care managers for future training opportunities. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Ordered some Oakley Lens replacements that were supposedly "in stock" on Dec 7th. I tried contacting the company on numerous occasions via phone, email and live chat and never received anything more than an automated response. Then on January 28th the company finally responded back confirming my cancellation request. Terrible customer service, phone # isn't even connected.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We completely understand the frustration extended backorders can cause. We do truly try to obtain and provide our customers as much updated information from the manufacturer. Nonetheless, this does not justify the fact that we did not provide an update on the estimated time for shipment of your order. We truly hope you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Tried to order a vest carrier 10/8/18. The Website stated the item was in stock. I included two additional items in my order. Also in stock. As of 1/23/19 I have not received the vest. The other items were also never shipped (Hat and Pant). Contacted customer service with no explanation on product delay and no help sending the other item I ordered. Don’t buy from OpticsPlanet.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. If you would like us to ship the in stock products, we would be more than happy to do so. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Ordered a book bag from this company for work and school. I ordered the item on Dec 9th, and called them two separate times. The first one said the ordered should be processed around Jan 9th to Jan 16. Now I called them again today, they say the item would be shipped around February most likely. At this point I don't expect the item to come here till 2050. This is the first time I see a company who does not know logistics and would have this kind of "backorder". Don't order from them unless you have the patience to wait for a long period of time.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Customers can check product availability by clicking under the Add to Cart button. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you again in the future.

OpticsPlanet.com Company Information