1.52/5
Based on 52 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

137 OpticsPlanet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I ordered two Zebco 33 Platinum Reels way back on June 18, 2018. There was no notification that the item was backordered so I called in early July and was told it would be a week more. I then called later in July of 2018 and was told the item was backordered but would ship out by August 7, 2018. It is now August 14 and I have heard nothing from the company about my order which was backordered???

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. This being said the information that you were provided with is all the information we obtained from the manufacturer at the time. Again, our apologies for the continued delay.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I ordered gun parts from Optics Planet for the first time last week. After an incredibly annoying process of verifying my account and payment methods (which took about 4 days) I was notified that there was a delay in the processing even after my account was verified. Over a week later and my items still hadn't shipped, and the ordered was still in processing. Canceled all the items I ordered and decided to never order from them again. Just a terrible experience from start to finish.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Last Friday I ordered a scope/Mount from OpticsPlanet saying it would be shipped with free 2 day shipping. I really needed this thing here this week since my gunsmith is waiting on the scope to sight it. It’s almost a week and my product was just now sent with standard 7 - 10 day shipping instead of 2 day free shipping. I called OpticsPlanet 2 days ago to see what was going on with my order. They told me that the product won’t be sent out for another day or two so I told them to cancel the order and get my refund back to me. As soon as I said that they said they’ll send me a confirmation with a cancellation email but guess what, instead of canceling my order they send the scope to the USPS with standard shipping. Very bad customer service, dishonest company I wish I read the reviews before I ordered anything from these guys. I will never in my life buy anything from them again. Thank you OpticsPlanet.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. Occasionally we offer free expedited shipping offers on certain products. An offer code is required at checkout to waive the fee and customers must select 2-Day for the shipping method to participate in this offer. Since we cannot find your order, we cannot confirm if this code was entered. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I ordered two holsters exactly TWO WEEKS ago! When I placed my order both holsters were showing that they were in stock. I was leaving for a trip in two weeks, but I had ordered from OpticsPlanet several different times in the past and had always received my products quickly. So I placed the order. I later receive an email saying that one holster is out of stock and won't be in stock for another 16 days!! I immediately emailed them back and explained to them that I was going out of town and that I really wanted to take the other holster that I ordered with me and that was the whole purpose of me ordering it so that I could conceal carry on my trip. I asked them if they could ship the holsters separately since I was not aware that the holster was out of stock when I placed my order (they clearly advertised it as in stock). They refused to do this without charging me even more for shipping.

I kept emailing back and forth trying to explain the situation to no avail, finally on Friday the week before my trip I called and spoke to a representative about my order. This representative told me that both of my holsters were now IN STOCK and would ship in the NEXT FEW DAYS!! I was shocked. First of all according to the representative the holster have arrived in stock the day prior (Thursday), and now second of all she said that it could take up until Tuesday before they even shipped it!! I explained to her the whole situation and she said that there was nothing that she could do, but that it would ship on Monday (I was leaving Wednesday).

So here it is Thursday now. The holsters did not leave their facility until Tuesday, I am on my trip, unable to cc and they are not scheduled to be delivered until tomorrow, freaking 15 days after I placed my order!! I am upset to say the least. I gave OpticsPlanet plenty of chances to make this right, and they could care less. I WAS a loyal customer of theirs for years, but never again. They clearly don't need mine, or your business. So keep this in mind before ordering anything from OpticsPlanet.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 30, 2018

Ordered an item on Amazon from OpticsPlanet. A few days later they contacted me, stated that the item was backordered at the manufacturer, and offered to waitlist me. I confirmed that I wanted to be waitlisted for the item. Every communication with OpticsPlanet generated an automated response, confirming that they had received my communication.

A week+ later, they cancelled the order via a vacuous form letter that claimed they had never heard back from me. I contacted them via Amazon, informed them that I was still interested in the item, that I had in fact confirmed that I wanted to be waitlisted. I asked if I was still waitlisted, whether they would be able to fulfill the order, etc. They responded with ANOTHER copy of the SAME vacuous form letter. I complained to Amazon. Amazon contacted OpticsPlanet. Amazon themselves ALSO received the SAME vacuous form letter. OpticsPlanet never actually answered my questions, or offered any useful information about the outcome of the transaction.

At any time, OpticsPlanet could simply have informed me that the item was "no longer available, we can't supply it, sorry". They opted instead to keep shoveling fecal matter in my direction. Trying to deal with them was a COMPLETE waste my time. I consider it disreputable for a merchant to offer merchandise they can't supply, to offer a backorder process when they are clearly (in retrospect) not prepared to honor that commitment, to provide no effective means for the customer to find out the status of a backorder, and after stringing the customer along, to refuse to supply even the simplest explanation of what happened.

All of this senseless (and trivially avoided) hassle over an abortive transaction! I shudder to think what sort of trouble I would encounter over a return (i.e. of a defective/incorrect item), or a warranty issue, or anything that involved them already having my money and me trying to get it back. Hopefully Amazon will send OpticsPlanet packing. I certainly don't intend to have anything to with them again.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. Customer service is our number one priority. We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet.com?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 27, 2018

I ordered some Bravo Company Keymod Rail Covers for my free float handguard on my AR 15 back on July 19th. I just got an email saying they just shipped July 26th, Really! I called OpticsPlanet back on July 23rd, and they said that the order was not shipped due to it being the weekend. So, I ordered the same item from eBay, which I should have done in the first place, and it arrived yesterday, 3 days after I ordered it from them. I still haven't received the items from OpticsPlanet which I order from them first and it's been 9 days. I will never order anything from these people again. Lost my business, I guess they are not for the small time gun enthusiast, you got to be the big time to get service from these folks. I just thought I'd try them out since all my YouTube channels advertise for them with these special codes. I the sucker here, but it won't happen again!!!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused for you. In an effort to streamline our processes, we transitioned to a new warehouse system and have experienced a few unexpected issues. We appreciate your feedback and have forwarded your comments over to our management staff for review. Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 24, 2018

Was told repeatedly each day that I called that the next day I would receive an email with a tracking number for shipping from order placed on 18th. On the 24th, I called and asked again and this time I was fed some line about them changing up their warehouse processes and they still weren't sure when it would ship and it might be days, so I told them to CANCEL THE ORDER. They fed me some excuse (which I don't believe) about having to send a request to some other part of the company to get it cancelled. In the meantime I ordered the item I was in need of directly from Night Fision Sights, Inc, and then I get an email with from Optics Planet with a return RMA, yet still did not have a tracking number.

I called and stated I had earlier called and had cancelled this and now had an order pending with another company. I was then fed a line of complete ** that they can't cancel it because it's too far along in their process to cancel it even though at that point they STILL HAD NO TRACKING NUMBER!!! Within an hour of that phone call I magically get the tracking number.

I JUST WENT THROUGH THIS EXACT CORRUPT PRACTICE WITH ANOTHER COMPANY PRIOR TO PUTTING THIS ORDER IN WITH OPTICSPLANET! Luckily I was able to cancel the order with Night Fision, but at this point all I have is a tracking number from OpticsPlanet which means nothing until the shipping carrier takes possession of the item, so we'll have to see how long that takes and I'm betting it will be days.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS OUTFIT! I truly regret it. OpticsPlanet - spare me any false apologies. This practice is corrupt and YOU KNOW IT, so save your lies and apologies for someone else. We need some regulations against a business stating they cannot cancel an order if it the item has not been given to the shipping carrier. There was nothing upfront stating anything about their "process" and the inability to cancel an item when a certain threshold has been passed. I'm writing my reps tomorrow to see about introducing a bill to stop this type of corrupt practice and suggesting fines each time a company is caught doing it.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this caused. Most in stock orders ship within 1-2 business days from our Illinois warehouse. Unfortunately, we had a change at our warehouse that took longer than originally anticipated to complete. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 23, 2018

I placed an order through this company on a Wednesday. I received an email the next morning saying my order was being processed and would ship soon. 5 days after placing the order I have received an email that my order has finally shipped. Here it is 4:23pm California time and USPS is still reporting they are waiting for the package. I wrote a lengthy email to Optics Planet about things they could have done better and what do I get, some prewritten sorry for the inconvenience and frustration BS but we process orders for 1-2 days. Obviously based on their response they couldn't take the time to take responsibility or to really read what I wrote. I was not going to write any reviews but I feel that due to their cavalier attitude on customer service, others should be warned. I just wish I saw their Consumer Affairs rating before I ordered from them.

Updated on 07/31/2018: This is my second review of Opticsplanet. I placed an order of July 18th for 3 items. After a delay 2 of them finally shipped and I received an email that the last one was expected to ship in 1 to 7 days. 11 days later I had heard nothing back from the company so I emailed them. Their response was that the wait time could be 1 to 2 more weeks. During the last review a representative from Opticsplanet posted "We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future." They haven't even finished this single experience and continue to mess it up. How do you sell something you don't physically own. Where I am from that is called fraud.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. We regret you did not feel that you received excellent customer service from our agent. You are an important customer and we value your opinion. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 20, 2018

I went online to purchase a spare spring kit, a Magpul pistol grip and 2 stock stoppers so I can stay compliant with CA new laws for my AR15. On their website it said that they had all items in stock so I placed my order. 2 days after I placed the order I got a confirmation stating that they have received my order and that they will send me another email with my tracking # etc. A week went by and I haven’t received anything in my email so I called the customer service department and ask them what is going on and then they told me that the spare OOPS spring kit that was in my order wasn’t in stock and is actually on back order. So I was okay with that, I know things like that happen, no big deal right.

Well since 1 item wasn’t in stock they decided not to ship my other 3 items that were in my order. That’s not okay with me. I’ve been waiting patiently for my items I ordered to stay compliant with CA laws. I then emailed their customer Service Department asking them if they can please send my other items that were in my order so I can go to the shooting range next week and not get arrested for a felony since I’m no longer CA compliant. They then told me since they are splitting my order into pieces instead of one order that I now have to pay additional shipping since I no longer am qualified for their free shipping for orders over $50 and on top of that I will have to pay additional processing fees.

What a load of crap. It’s their fault in the first place by not telling me ahead of time that the spare spring kit wasn’t in stock. I was very nice and explained everything to their customer service department in detail and they started to make it seem like I was a bad guy for buying gun accessories in the first place. I will never order from this place again. I never take the time to write any comments for anybody but in this case I want other people to know how crappy this place is. Don’t support these liberals.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. We regret you did not feel that you received excellent service from our agents. We have forwarded your review to the customer experience management staff for future training opportunities. It does appear your in stock items have already shipped and no shipping charges were applied. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Original review: July 13, 2018

11 days to receive product which is unacceptable.... then they charge you $7.95 if you are unhappy and want to return item. I will never order anything from OpticsPlanet.com again, especially when there are so many other options available that ship on time.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent experience. Customer service is our top priority. Optics Planet uses a variety of shipping carriers to ensure your order is delivered in a secure manner. The most efficient carrier is automatically selected based on the destination, size, and weight of your package. Value shipping is the default method and can take 5-10 business days in transit. Again we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I placed an online order with this company and they sent me an email saying that the order had been placed on "hold" because the delivery address was different than the billing address. They wanted my permission to allow them to verify my card by playing some stupid game, with the incentive of a "free gift". I couldn't believe what I was reading. The credit card company accepted the transaction, but they denied the transaction unless I met their stupid and probably illegal demands. This is what they sent me… "We truly apologize but your order has been temporarily placed on hold because the shipping address you provided is different from your billing address. For your protection, we need to validate this credit card transaction before we can proceed with your order. There are several simple ways to verify your transaction:

1. Change your shipping address to match the billing address. 2. Authorize us to conduct Manual Verification. By choosing Manual Verification, you qualify for a free gift. Please note, due to certain restrictions, the incentive will be selected by our Order Processing Team and cannot be changed upon request. Here is how Manual Verification works:

I. We charge your card for a random amount between $0.01 and $5.00. This amount will either be credited back to you or applied towards your purchase.
II. You verify the charged amount with your bank, over the phone or online.
III. You contact us by phone or email with the exact amount which was charged.

IV. Once verified, we immediately continue processing your order."

So as you can see, they wanted to dictate to me where the items were shipped and they wanted me to go through this elaborate verification process even though my credit card company had already accepted the transaction. I spent a fair amount of time on their website shopping for this order and was more than just a little peeved that they shamelessly wasted my time and made no sincere apologies for it. I called them on the phone and gave them every opportunity to do the right thing and they flat-out refused to honor my purchase. Needless to say that I will never attempt any transaction with them again and you are a fool if you do.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience. Customer service is our top priority. We completely understand the inconvenience you may experience due to our risk management procedures. However, it is in your best interest for us to practice fraud prevention since we are an online retailer, and come across fraudulent orders from every aspect. Our aim is to protect our customers. Please accept our apologies as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you in the future.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I ordered a holster from OpticsPlanet with some reluctance because of all of the negative reviews but I must say that I had no issues. It took them two or three days to process my order but I received my item in nine days from the date that I ordered it. I also am very pleased with the holster.

Original review: June 8, 2018

When I went to check out for a Nikon rifle scope with a free 2 day shipping tag on it, my FedEx arrival day was a week out. I called customer service and asked why I didn’t get the 2 day shipping. They said I had to enter a code. I explained to them there was no prompt for the code and checkout had no instructions on how to obtain the code. If a product has a 2 day shipping for free why not just ship the thing with 2 day shipping because I didn’t receive a refunded to me for the 8 day snail mail. Just saying if you don’t want bad reviews make sure check out is clear.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Sent them a check but cancelled the order 2 days later. It's been almost a month and still no refund. Each time I call it's a different story. This is my first and last time doing business with this outfit.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I've ordered a few things from OpticsPlanet. I've never had a smooth and, ultimately, satisfying transaction with them, though. They have 3 major downsides that I believe makes them a pretty bad company to do business with: First, they are very misleading in that they offer a ton of products, but hardly any of them are stocked and it's not always clear as to which ones are available and how long you're going to wait if they're not. This can be extremely frustrating because their wait times are often in the months, not days or weeks, but months.

This leads me to the second reason they suck: they take your money immediately. You will be out of funds regardless of whether or not they ship or are in stock or whatever. And guess what? That means if you cancel your order after waiting over a month for progress (which they will not help you with (see reason number 3) you run the risk of never getting a product or your money back because they don't process refunds well. In fact, they owe me money right now for an order that was canceled after waiting over a month for products to come into stock. Nothing shipped and I was told I'd see a refund. No money.

I've contacted them multiple times through multiple methods and finally they just told me to take it up with Amazon, my method of payment. So, the third reason why OpticsPlanet sucks is due to horrible customer service. This is a given and I guarantee you'll experience it if and when you need to deal with them. They've also got misleading advertising on their web page. They say "free shipping" with a disclosure that states it will be free if you purchase over $50 worth of products, then elsewhere in their company policies is says free shipping is only applicable to purchases of $100 or more.

I've been dinged on one of my orders by this confusing policy before so make sure you read the fine print with them. Also, use a credit card to pay. Don't use Amazon payment or your checking account because you're going to want the extra security. Needless to say, I won't even be visiting their website again unless I'm simply doing product research to buy somewhere else.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Sent $1200+ return back and it’s been at their location for two weeks now and when called was told “that is a lot of money. They have 30 days to initiate refund”. Then I will have to wait longer for the credit back to my card. PLEASE LOOK AT ALL THE ONE STAR REVIEWS... SHOP ELSEWHERE.

Original review: April 15, 2018

Great deals that is if you ever get your product. Ordered Vortex Venom Top Load 1x26.5mm 3 MOA Red Dot with discount $ 201.00 12 % off. Still waiting a month and a half later. Going to cancel order and buy it from someone who actually has it in stock.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I purchased AmeriGlo sights and a TLR-7 light for my Glock 19 from OpticsPlanet. Both were on a short waiting list, however I was notified of this upon purchase. Given the fact that I am waiting on other parts for my build, a wait was not a concern. The fact that the parts I was purchasing were also 30% or more below market value (when I purchased then) was another reason to wait. All parts came BEFORE the listed wait period, and customer service was in contact with me every step of the way.

I have a child in the house and do not trust her friends to be around a package with any sort of firearms labeling. Her friends know that I am a combat vet but do not know that I am a gun owner. This was made clear to OpticsPlanet and discreet packaging was supplied. This is, in my experience, a relatively rare thing for firearms and firearms parts dealers to accommodate. Furthermore, after being told of the wait period I was told that I can cancel my order if the wait is not to my liking. I was also only charged after the product shipped. I have nothing bad to say about OpticsPlanet. However, if you are an "order the cheapest version of a product and expect it to be delivered tomorrow" sort of person, shy away. My parents and the military taught me to hurry up and wait, however. If you can wait, OpticsPlanet is a great place to buy from.

Original review: April 2, 2018

So I got a scope in and when I was unboxing it I noticed that only two sides were protected with bubble wrap. After examining the scope, I found a dented cap on one of the turrets and contacted OP first thing Monday morning. They said to take a picture of the damage and send it in with an email. The email I just received said I needed to create a RMA by clicking on a link. Followed the instructions and now they are saying on the website that shipping damage is not covered and will not issue an RMA. So don't think I will be upgrading any other scopes or optics with them ever again. It was nice being placed on hold for 45 min just to get a question answered that was wrong. So far not worth the 50 bucks I saved buying from Optics Planet.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I have been a customer for the past 7 or 8 years. Great place to buy tactical and hunting gear. The customer service is great, they take returns for free. The selection is huge. I just got an awesome deal on Vortex scope shipped free and had it in one day. I have purchased different stuff and never had an issue. I will be back for me.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I will never do business with OpticsPlanet again. The first two orders went OK. I got free shipping and the first order took about a week to ship. The second order took around 2 weeks. The third order was a mess I ordered a bunch of items, for a security job, which included a streamlight handcuff key. They let me know around a week later that the order was on freeze because I needed to fax credentials for the handcuff key. I then cancelled the order because I thought that was ridiculous. Even after I cancelled the order they continued to email me for a few weeks later saying the order would not process without my fax. I made the final mistake of making another order this time without the handcuff key. I immediately paid them the entire amount via PayPal $60 and $10 from my credit card.

After 3 weeks I contacted them when I did not receive the order and they said they would ship it out a week later but then I got another email saying they cannot process because PayPal stopped the payment since it took so long. I had to repay them $60 via my PayPal. Then they asked for the $10, which I told them they had already collected and I never got those funds back. After explaining all this they said they needed the $10 still to process the order. I cancelled the order and chalked the $10 as a loss. I will never deal with this company again regardless of the deals. Terrible shipping times, bad communication, difficult in tracking orders (no ETA on order). Just saying "in transit".

Original review: March 5, 2018

I am a returning buyer from this business, but this is my first purchase of a high-end product (AccuPoint Rifle Scope). The Post Office lost the package for 12 days and after 7 days I launched a search with USPS. OpticsPlanet worked with me and USPS in getting the product located and delivered. The product is exactly as advertised and delivered in excellent condition with everything it's supposed to include. Their videos were helpful in my selection and their amazing prices sealed the deal for my purchase. I couldn't be happier with my selection and the service from front to back from OpticsPlanet and would/will be recommending them from here on out. Good Job!

Original review: March 3, 2018

Do not purchase from OpticsPlanet or Drago. I purchased a 3 items online. I received a confirmation that all 3 items shipped. I received a tracking number and the package arrived on the date indicated (UPS PASS). I opened the box and there was 1 item in the box. There was no information regarding shipment of the other 2 items. Supposedly they are in transit. (OPTICS PLANET FAIL.) The item that arrived was a Drago Hydration pack. All 3 of the small zippers on this pack failed during first operation. (DRAGO FAIL.)

I called Optics Planet in order to initiate a return. I waited on hold for 30 minutes. Once connected customer service rep could not find my order via the Order Number (OPTICS PLANET FAIL). Once my order was found the customer service person told me how to initiate a return/refund using the RMA link on the web page. I tried to initiate the RMA but it required the Order Number which was somehow not in their system. So I was not able to initiate RMA. (OPTICS PLANET FAIL.) I'm currently on hold for 30 more minutes and counting... (OPTICS PLANET FAIL.)

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I bought a holster on December 11th 2017 and they sent the wrong one. I called and they said, "So sorry. We’ll be glad to sent you the correct one, but we’ll wait until we get the one you have back." Fine, so I sent it back and in 2-3 weeks they email saying they’ve got my return so they’ll send me the other holster now. Then a few days later they call saying the holsters they have are wrong and they don’t have the one I want. So they say, "Pick a different one," so I do and they say it will take 29-37 days to arrive. That day was January 13th, I called at day 38 and they said they’re still waiting and they don’t know when they’ll have it. It’s now February 22 (day 40 from the day they “received my return”) and they say they’re still waiting on the items to arrive at their facility before they’re sent to me. Ridiculous.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I placed an order with OpticsPlanet on January 20, 2018. After 17 days I contacted customer service and was told that there was an issue with the shipping and they would check on it. When I asked if someone from the company would call to let me know what the status of the package was I received a non-answer, I asked a second time and was hung up on. Extremely poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I would never buy another product from OpticsPlanet and strongly suggest other shop elsewhere. It took close to twelve months for my order to arrive. When it did arrive, two items were missing. OpticsPlanet are very reluctant to send me the missing items. OpticsPlanet rarely reply to my emails and I'm sure this is on purpose in the hope that I will stop contacting them for the items I've paid for. If I could award less stars I would. DO NOT SHOP THERE!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

An item that was too large was sent back to OpticsPlanet, using their return shipping label, to the post office (as directed). I left it at the post office on January 13. OpticsPlanet has an arrangement by which the United States Post Office apparently holds an item until it can be transferred to UPS. As a result of the system, the item arrived back at OpticsPlanet on January 25 (12 days later). After arriving back at OpticsPlanet on January 25, it took until February 5 for them to transfer it to FedEx.

I believe this will be via FedEx ground which means it will probably arrive to me somewhere around February 10-12. That means it will have taken ONE MONTH for OpticsPlanet to have replaced my item. Multiple conversations with their customer service just provided me with the boiler-plate words, "we regret things took this long", or, "we are very sorry". No sort of compensation, store credit, discount, or any material compensation for this absurd service on a $150 item! Never again!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Ordered Meprolight Flip-up Sight Sets with Tritium, 2 Rear Dots FRBS M2D-B for around $60, and had planned to buy two new rifle scopes as well. Turns out - a “typographical error occurred on our website causing a pricing discrepancy”. As a business owner, if I quote a job at a specific price and then realize I screwed up, that’s on me and I honor that quote. This is the opposite of that. It’s a great way to permanently lose current and potential customers. Won’t ever recommend OpticsPlanet to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I purchased a Leupold scope and two sets of metal Leupold scope covers shortly before the end of Dec. via over the phone order with Optics Planet. I received automated email about a week later informing me I had two days to respond or my ordered would be canceled. I immediately called the co. and was asked to allow them to charge my cc for 1.00 to 5.00 and I would have to call my credit card co. and find out the amount. I call Optics Planet back with the secrete amount to verify me is me. I appreciate the fraud protection, but why didn't we play this game a week earlier when I first placed my order over the phone.

I asked my cc co. if they ever heard of sales co. asking for this type of verification and my cc replied only small tiny co.s' require this type of verification according to my cc co. I received my scope, but never the other two sets of metal Leupold scope covers for apparently they were backordered. No email or phone call letting me the customer know they were out of stock.

I called Optics Planet and the salesperson placed another order from a different supplier according to the salesperson, but once again no ordered ever arrived. I called Optics Planet back and it was ship to a different address other than my specific address of previous partial order. Now another order was sent out according to Optics Planet with scope covers, but they also never arrived. I followed up with Optics Planet and was told they sent out my order via snail mail with no real tracking. I had to call this co. 8 times in forty five days only to give up and request a refund for the scope covers. I never received the balance of my order. Supposedly the scope covers were snail mail, but were returned to sender. Guess they entered another incorrect address.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I ordered a $400 scope from OpticsPlanet about 3 weeks before Christmas with a promised delivery well ahead of gift giving time. Just before Christmas I was sent an email saying my shipment had been delayed. I think it was 3 business days ahead of the holiday. I contacted the company and was treated pretty badly by their staff. I canceled my order, found the same scope elsewhere for less money and it arrived on time for Christmas. I had bought other things from OpticsPlanet that were on time which is the only reason I didn't give them just one star. But what they did and how they handled it was off the chart bad.

OpticsPlanet.com Company Information

www.opticsplanet.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business