1.65/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

172 OpticsPlanet.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I did a lot of research on telescopes and settled on a Celestron 4SE. During a Black Friday sale. Opticsplanet.com had the best pricing so I ordered it through them. What a mistake! They advertised a 2-4 week delivery time which means it would arrive before Christmas. After 2 weeks of not hearing anything from them, I called to check on the status. They informed me that they did not have any of these units in stock and would not get them in time to ship out for Christmas. I then asked if they had anything else in the same price range.

They had two other options in stock that were $200 higher. I asked them to work with me on the price as I did have a 10% off coupon on Black Friday. The best they would do was a 6% discount causing me to incur a $168 upgrade charge. I canceled my order and will never shop with them again. If I hadn't called I would not have a major present for my kids and their lack of caring was evident and their offer of a 6% discount when my original purchase was 10% off was insulting. I ended up purchasing from another vendor who gave me a much upgraded telescope for only $50 more than what I originally paid with Opticsplaent.com. Be aware of their false promises and poor service levels.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I ordered a couple of items from OpticsPlanet and when I put them in my cart they said they were in stock and of course they took my money for the products and then they sent me an email a day later saying that they were 5 to 7 weeks on back order and they will not return my emails or refund my money!! I'm just stuck with waiting, they are a horrible horrible company. Do not waste your money and time on OpticsPlanet.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I ordered 4 items from this site last week that were supposedly in stock because one of the items that I ordered was out of stock at Primary Arms where I normally purchase parts. From what I can tell, none of these items have shipped yet. I ordered one part from Primary Arms the following day and received it today. I would say that OpticsPlanet is unusually slow at shipping items that you purchase from them. They do have decent prices but they aren’t great enough to wait a year to get your items. I saved a whopping $6.00 on my items by going to OpticsPlanet on this purchase. If I had received my items in a timely manner I would be going back. I purchase a lot of parts. After this experience, I don’t think that OpticsPlanet will ever get my business again. If you need any of your items in a timely manner, stay away from this business. If saving a couple bucks is worth waiting forever for your stuff then this is the place for you.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the frustration this issue has caused you. Our Value Shipping takes 5-10 business days in transit. Please be advised that time in transit does not include the day the order is picked up. Business days do not include Saturdays, Sundays, or major holidays. More shipping information can be found at: http://www.opticsplanet.com/free-shipping.html. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I placed an order for one item on 11/22, the item showed ‘in stock’ on OpticsPlanet.com and said it would ship in 1-3 days. Two weeks later, nothing. I called the customer service # and was told they had the item in stock, but because I bought it at a discounted rate, they had to wait until it could be shipped in from the manufacturer. Again this was their price on their website. I cancelled my order. I ordered the same item from Primaryarms.com, and the item shipped the same day, with a tracking number and all. I think the most telling thing about OpticsPlanet.com is that, remarkably, all of the reviews on their website are ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ but when you look for reviews elsewhere, such as here, you’ll get a different picture. Use caution when ordering from OpticsPlanet.com.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. You are an important customer and we value your opinion. We ask that you please reply privately with your order number so we may see what went wrong and correct this issue for all future orders and customer engagement. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I ordered some things when I was overseas so I would have them when I got back. I then received an email asking about ITAR restrictions. I replied to their email with the information they requested. I did the chat and explained my issue. The person in chat said he couldn’t do anything, but if I replied to their email it would be handled. He also told me 2 of the 4 items were back ordered, even though they said “in stock” on their website. I finally get back to the states, and I’ve been sent the exact same email about overseas that I’d already filled out. I cancelled my order and bought from a company that does some follow up as opposed to multiple form emails. 1 star because 0 wasn’t an option. A few days later I get the I was overseas when I ordered them, but the shipping address.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we have caused you. Customer service is our number one priority. Our Customer Care department is working tirelessly to catch up on e-mails following a higher than expected amount of recent orders. We are very sorry we were not able to fulfill your order in a timely manner and hope you allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet.com?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I ordered binoculars for my husband and they still hadn't shipped for over 1.5 weeks (even though they say 5-10 days) so I called the company. I was on hold for over 20 minutes before getting to talk to someone. The lady told me the binoculars were on back-order and wouldn't be shipped for 5-7 weeks; it never said that on the website and I was never notified. I decided to order them from another company. I wanted to cancel my order and was on hold on the telephone for over 30 minutes, I left my name and number and a description of wanting to cancel my order. I was never called back. I tried to use the live chat to cancel my order and was on hold for over an hour! The service of this company is horrible! I have never dealt with such a difficult site in my entire life. I will never order from them again and I will advise others not to as well. Horrible communication and false advertising.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we have caused you. Customer service is our number one priority. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order. Our customer service teams have been inundated with contacts following a higher than expected number of new orders. If you still need to cancel, please reply privately and we will make every attempt to cancel within 24 hours. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The OpticsPlanet website is blatantly misleading. They make it appear that they have items in stock when, in reality, they have to order the products from the manufacturer before they can ship them out. I ordered an item and was quoted "Estimated to ship within 8-19 days". I checked their website 2 weeks later and the same item I ordered was listed as "in-stock" on their website and my order is still yet to ship. Additionally, they constantly use misleading advertising such as 30% or 40% off, when every other online vendor has similar or better pricing. I have never written a review like this before, but I felt inclined after my experience with them. Do not use this website.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue caused you. Customers can check product availability by clicking under the add to cart button. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I am one of the very loyal OpticsPlanet customer since year 2008 and I've ordered so many products from them I can't even count them (mostly gun accessories) and never had any major problems until recent days. Most of orders I placed orders are now delayed or asking for my attention for some kind of ITAR verification (for example Order no.**). I replied them promptly with signed documents very same day but still holding my orders up to this date. Somehow, almost every single item I ordered recently going through the same stupid ITAR process again and painful delays starts again and again! I bought so many items and spent over thousands of dollars within a month period but I'm very one step closer to return every single items and cancel all open orders from them!

If OpticsPlanet can't fix whatever problems that they are dealing with soon enough then I will return and cancel all items then I never will spend a single dime here EVER again! Absolutely unacceptable! Worst shipping & shopping experiences I ever had. OpticsPlanet is about to destroy my upcoming hunting trip right now and most likely they will since most of my items are back ordered and being held from stupid reason. What the heck is wrong with you OpticsPlanet!? You will lose many loyal customers if this kind of problems persist and not solved. I am asking you one last time! These orders must be handle with timely manner. No.** and more!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I placed an order for two items believing both were in stock and would ship promptly. I only became aware of the fact that shipping for one of the items would not take place for up to 25 days. The second item did not have any date that this would available. I immediately send an e-mail asking that my order be canceled and a full refund be made to my PayPal account. Since then I have sent additional e-mails asking for confirmation of my cancellation and refund but have not heard a word back.

I have also called their customer service number four times. Each time I was on hold for over ten minutes without an answer. I was given an option to leave my call back number, which I did but never heard back from them. At the moment I am on hold once again waiting to talk to a "Customer Service" agent and still no answer after another ten minutes on hold. On the farm we refer to servicing the bull which is exactly what Optics Planet is doing. This will be most certainly be my last order with this company. They simply do not have the staff to handle their business effectively.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. Our Customer Care department has been inundated with contacts following a higher than expected volume of orders. We are working hard to reply to all contacts and making plans for the future to avoid this issue in future. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

On November 25, 2018, I purchased a Trijicon ACOG 3.5x35 Dual Ill Riflescope w/Mount, Green Crosshair .308 Reticle. On November 29, 2018, I received a strange email requesting that I "verify" my payment method. The email gave me two options. Either I could "manually" verify my payment method by calling customer service and having them charge me some random amount of money, OR, I could go on to PayPal and send the amount that way. I decided to send via PayPal.

On December 3, 2018, I receive the very same email I received on November 29, 2018, informing me that I needed to verify my payment method. I checked to see if the PayPal transaction went through and it had. So I tried to call Customer Service but I was put on hold for over 30 minutes without anyone answering. Undeterred, I went to the "live chat" option on the website, which proved to be a total waste of time. I don't think I have any choice but to cancel the order. I will certainly never purchase anything from Optics Planet and I would strongly discourage you from doing so as well.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Unfortunately, our Customer Care department became inundated with calls, chats, and e-mails following a higher volume of orders than we had anticipated. This is in no way an excuse for proving poor service and we deeply apologize. We see your PayPal transaction was located as of yesterday evening and your order is being processed. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we have caused you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Had to put in a few orders for gifts for the recent holidays and I've never seen slower shipping/handling times in my life. I mean I put in these orders almost 3 weeks ago and still says "waiting for item" or "order needs your attention" some of these orders I've already cleared with my credit card holder AND OPTICSPLANET, AND STILL HASN'T BEEN UPDATED!! Does it really take 3 whole weeks to change the status of an order? Let alone the voicemails AND support emails that have gone COMPLETELY unanswered, other than one where I decided to just cancel the item and get a refund, but guess what they replied within an hour of me sending out the email to them.

Now I have a total of 6 orders that are 3 weeks, yes THREE WEEKS LATE and I've heard nothing from them. First and LAST time EVER buying from this company. All of their shipping times they advertise on their website are complete lies. I'm guessing I won't see my order by mid-late December if I get lucky. Most likely January.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we have caused you. Customer service is our number one priority. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order with the information provided so we cannot locate your orders. Please do contact us at 1-800-504-5897, via chat or via email care@opticsplanet.com and our customer service supervisors will be happy to help you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I ordered a very popular scope in the last few hours of Cyber Monday. I was contacted today that the scope was going to take 5-7 weeks to ship and instead of giving me the run-a-round I have had with other online vendors, Johnathon ** emailed and called me with an upgrade option for a serious discount. I am extremely satisfied with my upgrade, service, and how quickly Mr. ** was able to help me out. I have been shopping for a scope for several months now for a planned coyote/prairie dog hunt and OpticsPlanet has the best prices of any vendor by far.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I have been buying things from OpticsPlanet.com for years now. Sights, weapon attachments, etc. I have never had any problems worth writing about. I ordered a folding brace and backup iron sights for my new rifle-type pistol. The prices weren't that great, but I have done business with OpticsPlanet in the past, so it was worth the extra money to buy from a place I know and trust. Anyway, so I ordered and filled out shipping and payment options. I get an email confirming all of that stuff. Then I get an email from OpticsPlanet telling me that the item is on backorder and I have to wait 6-8 weeks. There's no mention of this on the webpage for the item.

There is a link that says Check availability of item. I find this highly deceptive and very agitating. I email them asking to cancel my order. I get an auto-reply telling me to wait 24-48 hours for a response, I get nothing. At this point, I'm frustrated and angry, but I'm busy and don't want to deal with it, so I ignore it and go about my life. A few weeks later, I check back on it and I see that the price has dropped by $20 over Black Friday. I email them again asking them to cancel my order, but again I get an auto-reply, but nothing else. Finally, they shipped the item and charged my card. I try to contact them again and still nothing.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order and we very much want to address that multiple e-mails you sent went unaddressed. This is unacceptable on our part. Please contact us at 1-800-504-5897, via chat or via email care@opticsplanet.com and one of our Senior customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

Resolution response: Dec. 5, 2018

Canceled order and they issued credit to credit card still was not a good experience!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Same problem as many others in stock items not shipped or received when promised. Still waiting for shipping date. I expect the same apology as I read on other reviews with no corrective action taken. STAY CLEAR OF OPTICSPLANET!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we have caused you. Customer service is our number one priority. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order with the information provided so we are unable to take corrective action at this time. Please do contact us at 1-800-504-5897, via chat or via email care@opticsplanet.com and our customer service representatives will be happy to help you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I have never taken the time to post a negative review of anyone but I am so angry I had to let everyone know. I ordered a scope and all of the necessary equipment to mount. Then a week later get an email asking why I am sending to my PO box rather than residence and my shipment is on hold. I wait on the phone nearly 22 minutes before rep picks up and tells me I cannot verbally reply to the questions in the email. Then she tells me it's no problem b/c my scope is backordered 5 weeks. Terrible customer service and no notice given of the backorder status.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue caused you. Customers can check product availability by clicking under the add to cart button. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. This being said, the information you were provided with was all the information we obtained from the manufacturer at the time.

Resolution response: Dec. 1, 2018

The company just responded to my review and apologized. And as i was finally able to get hold of someone on the phone, and get my order resolved, this issue is closed for me.

i will say that the gentleman i talked to on the phone was nice and prompt and did cancel the order as i requested. Getting hold of him ( or someone else) in the first place was the issue

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I am a usual Amazon customer and guess am pampered by the reliable shipping of Amazon. Don't know why I went here to save 20 bucks. Product was $20 more expensive on Amazon. Never again. 20 dollars is not worth my wasted time and energy and stress. This is the first negative review I have written in the whole year and that too because I am so upset.

I wanted a sub zero sleeping bag for an Everest base camp expedition in winter. Most bags are very expensive and I wanted something in the less than $200 range. I purchased one on Optics Planet and it gave me a time of 2 weeks arrival. One week into the order, not only had they not shipped it, but they had no idea when the item will be available. Their shipping now said 14-28 days AFTER the product is available.

I wanted to cancel the order, since I need to leave in 2 weeks and can't wait around, and this is where I got most frustrated. This should be a simple process for the customer. I have been trying for 3 days to get hold of someone on their live chat. they say you are 9th in line or 13th in line but when your number comes after 20-30-40 min of waiting, they say no support personnel is logged in. I did this over 5 times in the last 3 days.

Same deal with phone support. I could not get hold of anyone. email support sends a canned message and say someone with get back in 24 hours but no-one has. In this day and age, this kind of customer service and non reliability is just not acceptable. Will stick to my Amazon, REI, Sephora and other trusted brands from now on.

Update: I was finally able to get through to someone on the phone and they canceled my order. Phew! But instead of being relieved, I am just upset that it had to be this painful. I will watch carefully to see that PayPal cancels my transaction. I don't trust them. Just like the other reviews: If you want something by a date, they are unreliable. If you need help resolving something, good luck with that happening in a timely manner.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused. Customers can check product availability by clicking under the add to cart button. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. Again, our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

When I received my order the package had been opened during shipping. I made 1 call to customer service and in a very few minutes a new shipment was on its way to my address at no charge, I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER WITH THEIR SERVICE.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Only order for this company if you have absolutely no deadline for expecting delivery of your item. None of the advertised "shipping" times are true. I ordered an item on 10/28 that stated it would ship in "19-29 business days", two weeks later the item stated it would ship within 12/17 business days... Now it states the item I ordered will ship in 5-7 weeks. This is all while the actually "value shipping" memo states items are shipped within 5-10 business days. My order, placed on 10/28 still to this day (11/24) states "order placed". When I reached out to customer service last week I was told not only do they have no update on my order, but I was also told they have no way of checking into an order to see where is it in the process or what may be causing the delay.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. This being said the information that you were provided with is all the information we obtained from the manufacturer at the time.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I tried to order something on their website. They automatically added items to the cart that I had no interest in and didn't want. To add insult to injury, I could remove the item I wanted from the cart that I wanted, but not their lame suggested item to complement the purchase. They actually expected me to waste $10 on something I didn't want... lame website, lame programmers, sham company.

OpticsPlanet.com response
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent order.
Our web development team ensure our merchandise and descriptions explain to our customers exactly what they should expect when ordering a product from Optics Planet. We have forwarded your review to the website management staff for future training opportunities.

We value you as a customer and we hope to service you in the future.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Don’t even bother with OpticsPlanet. Guess I should have read the reviews before I placed an order. Seems like everyone in the industry was already aware.

Discuss my order with my gunsmith and he already knew. Spoke to several other hunting friends and they also knew. RUN AWAY... They are a waste of time.

OpticsPlanet.com response

Customer service is our number one priority. We have forwarded your complaint over to the customer service management staff for future training opportunities.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

They sent the wrong item - and now have to "investigate the warehouse". Put simply - someone had a SINGLE job to do (pick and pack), and they failed. And now somehow this is MY fault and I'm out. That's terrible. I ordered this - two-day air - for an event which I will now be unable to use this for. It will be OVER A WEEK (or more) before they investigate, send a replacement - bill me a SECOND time - and then get the correct one out. This sucks. Optics Planet's shipping (warehouse) and return policies are terrible. I'm angry. Two calls, two times on hold. Hung up on (by accident), had to call back and wait again.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Our Logistics Department is conducting an inquiry with regard to your order to ensure your replacement is indeed the correct item. Rest assured that we are diligently working on a resolution to your claim. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Welcome to Optics Planet where orders ship when we get around to it... Sorry guys but 99% of online retailers ship same day unless it's past a typical afternoon cutoff time. 1-2 Days processing is ridiculous IMHO. I blame Amazon, they've spoiled us all but you gotta step it up.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. A large number of the products sold on OpticsPlanet.com require compliance investigations due to local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Due to these necessary checks, many orders can take 1-2 business days to process. However, we do ship orders as quickly as possible and understand Amazon has indeed changed the landscape of online retail. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Run away from them. Trust me! They sent me an empty box without the item inside. Their so called logistic claim or customer service is so unprofessional, inexperience and so slow to resolve the matter. They'll wait for 14 days then start to process your claim. The small amount money I've save from them it's not worth the headache nor my time, which each personnel have their unique different stories each week. Even dealing with their supervisor (Chris). He was offensively impolite pointing fingers who's assign responsibility. I just hope they didn't send me a used/refurbished product and forgot to put the item inside. I never experience of removing a newly purchased product that is missing a plastic wrap and the condition of the box seems someone place its foot inside already. Again don't waste your time even you think you'll save a small amount.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. A claim was initiated with FedEx one business day after you contacted us. Per their policy, claims can take up to 14 business days for deliberation. As previously advised, we will be in contact with you following the carrier's decision. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and hope you understand our hands are tied while we await the carrier's decision.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Ordered a riflescope described as in stock almost three weeks ago. Still hasn't even been shipped. Good luck getting delivery in the time period quoted. Been told multiple dates for expected delivery and now just a, “We are not sure when we can fulfill your order response.” While customer service is polite and courteous, they respond in previously prepared form text, are slow to respond, and lack knowledge of a solution. Don't waste your time! Go to a more reputable company and cares about living up to their word.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. Customers can check product availability by clicking under the add to cart button. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. We truly hope that you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer and we hope to service you again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I ordered a light from them because it was supposedly in stock and they offered expedited shipping. After 9 days I called the company to find out why my item hadn't shipped and I hadn't heard from them. They stated they sent an email that the item was back ordered (I didn't get one) and that the item wouldn't be available for an estimated 2-3 weeks. When I asked about switching to a similar item they said ALL similar items are all out of stock despite all currently being available on the website. DO NOT ORDER unless you are in absolutely NO hurry to get your item!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Customer service is our number one priority. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. Customers can check product availability by clicking under the add to cart button. Unfortunately, some of our inventory does come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on popular items. We truly hope you accept our deepest apology as we value you as a customer.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Put in the order September 17th for 7-10 day shipping and they still haven't shipped yet. The new shipping date is October 12th. When ordering an item that is in stock it should not take a month to even ship. At the very least they should be upfront about the amount of time it will take. I won't be placing orders for this retailer again. Their service has been less than satisfactory. Do better.

OpticsPlanet.com response

Unfortunately, some of our inventory does indeed come from the manufacturer and extended back order times are expected on items. This being said, the information you were provided was all the information we obtained at that time. We completely understand the frustration and inconvenience this can cause our customers; that we truly try to obtain and provide our customers as much updated information we may receive from the manufacturer. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Shawn from OpticsPlanet assisted me in my order. He made sure the bow would arrive on time... and it arrived earlier than expected. This was a great experience and I will definitely shop with them again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I bought Ray-Ban sunglasses because they claimed to have the best price which they did. It took them 3 weeks to fulfill the order and when I received the glasses they were the wrong sunglasses. This was a nightmare. To top it off I had to pay for the return shipping. If I did not make the mistake why should I have to pay for the return cost? I would steer away from this company. It's more like eBay than Amazon. In 2018 there is no need for this kind of service. Look somewhere else.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this issue may have caused you. According to our records, your form of payment has been refunded in full. You were never charged for shipping on this order. Again, we deeply apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I recently placed an order with Optics Planet for a particular type of rifle scope. Optics Planet took the liberty to cancel a part of my existing order and replace it with something else without my authorization which I felt is completely unacceptable. Support staff just replied with, "Sorry, send it back." In my experience, a reputable company would provide some type of compensation to facilitate further orders. In the past I have experienced several shipping issues/delays. Was hoping this experience would be different but no luck. No more dealings for me with Optics Planet.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with your recent shopping experience. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience or frustration we may have caused you. Unfortunately, we are unable to locate your order. Please contact us at 1-800-504-5897, via chat or via email care@opticsplanet.com and our customer service supervisors will be happy to help you. We hope you will see past this single experience and allow us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I bought 'NEW' camping stoves paying $1580, but ALL of the delivered products were used. I returned the products as they suggested, but NO MONEY REFUNDED NOR ALTERNATIVE PRODUCTS SENT. Never drop any money on the website, since it is an obviously intentional scamming.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We see you have been in contact with us through PayPal and we are working to resolve your issue.

OpticsPlanet.com Company Information