1.7/5 (30 ratings)

About OpticsPlanet.com

OpticsPlanet is an online solution for shoppers in the market for outdoor and tactical gear. The company offers free shipping on orders of more than $49 to anywhere in the contiguous United States. OpticsPlanet’s collection is selected and organized by its employees and features customized hunting and tactical products.

Pros

• Free shipping and returns
  • Rewards program
  • Military and health worker discounts

Cons

• Doesn’t ship to all states
  • Some items restricted by law

Bottom Line

OpticsPlanet offers a comprehensive selection of outdoor and tactical gear for professionals and hobbyists. It provides free shipping within the contiguous U.S. for orders over $49.

OpticsPlanet.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OpticsPlanet.com?

Original review: July 25, 2021

I placed a couple of ammo orders back in November of 2020, and I am still waiting for them! They keep saying that they are waiting on the manufacturer to deliver new product, but the reality is that they are selling to other customers that are being charged close to three times what I paid. People that don’t have any other way to buy ammo are being taken advantage of, they should be ashamed. My recommendation for ammo buyers is to shop around, you should be able to find ammo at least half of the price they are asking.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience with us. While we are proud to support backorders, including hard-to-find and high-demand products, we never want to disappoint our valued customers. Please understand that your place in the queue is locked in, as well as your price, and we fulfill backorders on a first-come-first-serve basis. To see more details regarding backorders and your options, please check out https://www.opticsplanet.com/inventory-availability-faq.html.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I placed an order (Order # **) on March 8th 2021. The order processed and had an estimated delivery date of March 17 2021. As that date came and went, I continued to check the status and nothing changed. It still hasn’t changed on the site, but as of July 7th 2021, the UPS tracking number site says “Delivered on Wednesday, July 7th at 11:00 am at Front Door Delivered to MO US”. Which sounds good but when you consider that I live in Kentucky and haven’t received the package, it’s not good.

Then as many other people have noted in their reviews, customer service is nonexistent. When you call you get no answer, and it just puts you through to a voicemail box that they have clearly said they will not reply to, and when you email them all you get is a prewritten generic reply that addresses nothing. I don’t understand how OP doesn’t have anyone answering phones, or replying to actual emails.. I hope this reaches someone before they make an order, so at least they are warned.

OpticsPlanet.com response

Greetings Chris! We are sorry to hear that you have not received your package. Our customer care team is available through phone, chat and email, and answer inquiries in the order that they are received. We have referred your case to one of our customer care representatives and they will contact you in the next few days. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Original review: July 6, 2021

See all the posts below with ONE star and all the empty apologies from OP. I have spent thousands of dollars at this place. They have horrendous customer care. I have received opened mfg packaging and used products. They do not respond to phone calls. Optics Planet will not return voicemails. They do not have a storefront at the address listed on their site either (I know because I drove down there and was rudely told to leave by a general contract security guard). Optics Planet will not expedite orders nor try to expedite orders they committed errors on. If you live near their Aurora, IL shipping warehouse still anticipate a two week shipping period.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive customer experience with us. We currently do not have a physical store that can accommodate order transactions. Our warehouse and offices are not equipped to assist customers about order issues. Please contact our customer care team through phone, chat or email and we will be more than happy to help you. Inquiries are answered in the order that they are received to give fair attention to all customers.

Original review: July 5, 2021

Optics Planet's price gouging on ammo has turned me to other options on my ammo needs. They use to have reasonable prices on ammo and now that there is a shortage, they have raised their prices dramatically. A once $25 box of ammo is $40- $50 dollars. Walmart and Sportmans guide don’t have ammo available as often but when they do, the prices are the same as they were before the shortage.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We apologize for the inconvenience. We try our best to provide the best possible pricing on the products that we offer. Our prices are affected by the cost passed on to us by our suppliers, market fluctuations and other factors that are beyond our control. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team and we will be more than happy to assist you. Have a great day!

Original review: June 23, 2021

Ordered a sleeping bag for my son's birthday on 6/7/21 and as of 6/22/21 still have not received it nor been notified that it has been shipped. We live in Wisconsin just a couple hours north from their warehouse so it should have been a quick shipment. Never order from them again.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are so sorry for the less than ideal experience you've had with us. We tried to ship your item from the manufacturer, however, it turns out that they no longer have stocks for your order. We will continue to hold this order open until the merchandise is ready for shipment and issue tracking once shipped. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer care team with any further questions or concerns. Have a great day!

Original review: June 11, 2021

I have been waiting over a year for my order. They periodically notify me it will be 2 or 3 more months. I have asked them to substitute similar ammunition. They never respond but their website shows they get new stock in yet they won't send it. Impossible to get a response out of these people. Had it not been for their ** I could've gotten the merchandise from someone else months earlier. Don't waste your time trying to order from them. Wish I had looked at their reviews earlier. Oh, they also constantly flood your e-mail with spam.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry for the delay on your order. We truly value you as our customer and want to do everything we can to restore your confidence in us. Unfortunately, I do not see any order details on your review, so I could not check this and see what I can do to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to our Customer Care team through phone, email, or live chat, and we will be more than happy to review your order and help out in the best way we can.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I placed an order for 9mm ammo in November 2020 knowing that it would be a while before delivery. Received an email stating the ammo would be delivered in March 2021. Every month I receive an update pushing the delivery back with the most recent "expected" delivery now in September. I have called several times and even waited on the phone for 75 minutes to talk to a supervisor to no avail. My main complaint is the fact that they are selling 9mm ammo on their website at a higher price then I contracted for but they still show my item "out of stock". I would not recommend this company to anyone.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry for the delay with your order. We fill orders on a first-come, first-serve basis. Currently, there is a high demand for ammo, but there is a limited supply coming in. The specific ammo on your order is still on backorder. If you are looking to get a replacement option, please contact our customer care team over the phone, chat, or email to be assisted. Have a great day!

Original review: June 3, 2021

I placed my 1st order and it seemed like a good deal, not for ammo or guns, or anything that needs background or safety checks. I get charged, and my stuff ships... Great right? Well it was running a little late compared to what the UPS tracking said so I decided to pop onto the UPS site to track it. Turns out they used SurePost and according to UPS they gave the wrong USPS part of the tracking number to UPS. So I reach out and spend just a hair under 15 minutes on the phone on hold, until it dumps you into a voicemailbox that they repeatedly say they will not respond to. So I use chat... I type out the whole situation and Eric O. replies back with:

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused with your package being delayed. Unfortunately, we are not able to start the lost package claim process until the tracking has not moved and has not been delivered for over 15 business days according to the UPS tracking link. If you do not receive the package after that point, please contact us back and we can proceed with that process."

So I assume he misunderstood the issue, after all the tracking information for the USPS part of my shipment states that the item was delivered to a different state, and 4 months before I had placed my order. So I rephrase it... Nope... He restates that they will not even try to figure out what my real tracking number is until I wait 3 full weeks (15 business days) So that isn't happening and I am going to reach out to my CC company and forward a link to all of these horror stories on here as well as the chat transcript.

Do not run, work at, think of opening a business, if your 1st customer service interaction on a customers 1st order is to say "we won't even try to help you for 3 weeks even though it was our staff that gave the wrong tracking information". I recorded UPS throwing them under the bus too, seems they have a reputation for bad tracking info and missing shipments I guess. At least that's how the UPS rep's attitude was when he looked up the account for the shipper (i.e. OpticsPlanet). I really regret placing a 2nd order with them. I never place a second order with a company until I see how the 1st one goes... but I broke my own rule and unfortunately gave them another sale before knowing how terrible their staff is.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Every so often, carriers will recycle their tracking numbers in order to keep them from getting too long. This is the case with your assigned tracking number. Unfortunately, a lost package claim can only be filed after 15 business days of no movement per carrier’s policy. The carrier will not accommodate this claim any earlier than the allotted time. We may assist you with a claim if the package is still not delivered after 15 days of no movement.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Updated on 06/03/2021: I ordered a scope and was given a delivery date that then changed and changed again. Now I am waiting endlessly for my scope to be delivered. Have called customer service repeatedly and they have told me they shipped the product so it is not their responsibility!!! Optics Planet will not stand behind their product and I am out the large amount of money invested to buy this scope. They did tell me that in the event the scope gets returned to them, they will begin to process a refund which could take 2 weeks or more from the time they request it.

Original Review: Ordered and received a tracking number in reasonable time (approx. 1 day) with a promised delivery date, then that changed - now almost a week later I still have no products and an ever changing delivery date. No answers, the money has been charged to my credit card. Would prefer to buy local in the future. If the issue is with shipping, then maybe a different and more reliable shipper would be a good answer.

OpticsPlanet.com response

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the delay on your order. The shipping method selected for your order was Value Shipping, which may take 5-10 business days for final delivery. We have no control over the logistics of the carrier. Unfortunately, they have suspended their service guarranties due to current events. If in case the tracker shows no movement for more than 15 business days, please contact our customer care team and we will assist you with a claim. Have a great day!

Original review: May 27, 2021

I ordered ammo from Optics MONTHS ago, not major, a SMALL ORDER. They sent me updates pushing the ship date out further and further, at first. Then I contacted them to INCREASE my order because I knew ammo was getting hard to get but still, I just wanted 3-4 boxes. They confirmed the change but I've NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN! They have never bothered to even TRY to send me my order, partial order or anything. HORRIBLE company and customer service, don't tell me they have not gotten at least ONE BOX in that they could have shipped to me of 9mm ammo! Lots of jibber jabber, NO FOLLOW THRU with this company, what a JOKE! I'm passing on my experience to every gun owner I know...they will buy elsewhere!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are at the mercy of our suppliers and the estimates listed are directly provided by them. There are occasions when the merchandise is delayed due to circumstances outside our control and we are unable to ship according to the original timeframe. Unfortunately, I do not see any order details on your review so I was not able to check this and see what I can do to get this resolved for you. Please contact our customer service team so that we may assist you.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I've ordered from Optics over the years and always have had problems with getting my orders on time. They always take so long. My recent order was actually on time. I was very surprised. I'm not sure what they are doing but I hope they continue to keep the service level. I'll be making another order soon just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Great job Optics!

OpticsPlanet.com response

Greetings Jose! We appreciate the feedback and we are constantly looking to improve our services. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a nice day!

Original review: May 14, 2021

I made a purchase for Ammo over a year ago and I can only assume they are trying to get me to cancel to be able to sell it at the inflated pricing during Covid. I've never received an email telling me of any changes to my shipping status. Poor customer service. Poor business practices.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We apologize for the delay on your order. There is a limited supply of ammo across the board and currently, we do not have stocks for the ammo that you ordered. Supplies are affected by factors that are beyond our control. Orders are filled on a first-come first-serve basis. We appreciate your patience during such unprecedented high demand. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team. Have a great day!

Original review: May 5, 2021

Have talked to supervisor. Took over an hour. Promised to get back. Never did. Called again never called back. They still have my money. This order has been cancelled and still shows shipping with no tracking number.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry to hear of your less than ideal experience. We appreciate hearing feedback and are constantly looking to improve. Unfortunately, I do not see any order details on your review so I was not able to check this and see if there is anything we can do to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to our Customer Care team through phone, email or live chat and we will be more than happy to review your order and help out in the best way we can. Have a great day!

Original review: April 29, 2021

I ordered products that were backordered 29 days, over six months ago. Still haven't received them, and their new estimate is that I should have them in just over a year. Their customer service is unapologetic, and their site is still selling the same items (now no longer backordered and supposedly shipping tomorrow) but at higher prices. This means they have items they could ship to fulfill my order that they already agreed to, but are choosing instead to sell it to other people to make more money (instead of honoring their old commitments). Steer clear of these guys, unethical all the way, will screw their customers any day to make a buck, and customer service that isn't even sorry about it. Skip them and go with someone more reputable, and less dishonest.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive customer experience with us. Please understand that your place in the queue is locked in, as well as your price, and we fulfill backorders on a first-come-first-serve basis. We give unbiased attention to all orders. We are showing that your issue has been addressed on another platform. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team. Have a great day!

Original review: April 28, 2021

I purchased a self healing Bigfoot target. What I got was a flimsy cut out that has no way to secure or stand it up. It is rolled up. Complete waste of money. Tried to call customer service and just get a recording.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I have purchased several times from Optics Planet and their subsidiary Dvor.com. My experience has been similar with both of these companies. First, let me say their prices are good. The positive ends there. The negatives. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. They DONT RETURN VOICE MAILS. They LIE ABOUT SHIPPING TIMES AND RETURN TIMES. I ordered 2 items and they sent me an email stating the item was shipped. Six (6) days later, I checked the tracking number and USPS hadn't received the item from them. I returned 3 items, and they received them on 4/9/21. They sent me an email stating they would issue a refund within 10 business days. 14 business days later, nothing. I called and the agent lied to me telling me it was 14 business days from the email, but the email said from date of receipt.

THIS BUSINESS HAS TERRIBLE FEEDBACK FOR WHAT IS IMHO THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EXPERIENCED IN A LONG TIME. If you want a good price with a lot of hassle, don't need your item for about a month, and don't care about deceptive and unfair business trade practices, then this is your company. Oh and when you do return items, they only give you a store credit, so you're stuck with the same revolving door nightmares. BUYERS - YOU HAVE BEEN FORWARNED!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry that you have not had a positive experience with us. The pandemic has brought some challenges to our business processes. We have increased our staffing and improved on a lot of processes. While we are not yet at the point where you expect us to be, we appreciate your feedback and will use this as a learning opportunity. We hope you decide to give us another chance in the future. Please contact us if there is anything we can assist you with. Have a great day!

Original review: April 28, 2021

I placed an order on April 5, an in-stock Leupold scope and mount, the website stated 1-4 days to process, and no charge till it shipped. I was charged immediately when I placed the order, however, it took till the 13th to process, and create the label for shipping. Unfortunately the package never showed has having been picked up by either the USPS or the seller's website. Called on the 20th to inquire why my order still showed that it was awaiting pick-up. The first person I talked to offered no help, and without looking into anything, stated I couldn't do anything until it had been 15 days since order was ready to ship, said bye and hung up. Called back and received better service from a different person, same 15 day policy but offered me a 10% refund for my troubles, and handled the call in a courteous manner.

It is now the 28th of April but they are so busy with customer service phone calls that I was asked to leave a voicemail, and they would call me back, despite the message on the hold music that states they Will Not return voicemails at this time. I realize there are serious delays with orders, but a little upfront honesty about processing times, plus not charging me immediately, after their promise not to, and decent customer service could have made the experience a little more bearable. I had planned to order a spotting scope and range finder from them, as well, but I will be taking my business elsewhere.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive customer experience with us. We recognize that your demand for gear is as strong as ever, and this combined with the precautionary measures we are taking has led to some delays in our operations. We try our best to be transparent with our current processes. For more information on our operational status, please check https://www.opticsplanet.com/operational-delay.html. Please contact us if there is anything that we can assist you with.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I ordered some ammo off their website, at the time I placed this order, it showed item was in stock and would ship out to me within 1-7 days. It's been 2 weeks and now they tell me ammo orders have been delayed further. They won't even give me an estimate on how much longer!! Take my money then screw me is the kind of attitude I got.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive customer experience with us. We recognize that your demand for gear is as strong as ever. Our warehouse staff is working tirelessly to pick and pack all orders as quickly and as safely as possible but may experience some delays. When this happens, we notify our customers through email. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our customer care team.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Placed a small order of in stock items (4 items), on 4/10/20. On 4/20 received an email saying it shipped, as of 4/27 still hasn't arrived. They are less than 5 hours away. Tracking number says it's still in Illinois. Called customer service. Was told they'd look into it, but would take at least 15 more days. I've ordered from them several times and the shipping time has always been terrible, but not this bad. This will be my last order with them. They aren't the only place to order from, but by far the worse.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are so sorry for the less than ideal experience you’ve had with us. Your order shipped with value shipping and this shipping method may take 10-14 business days for final delivery. We have no control over the logistics of the carrier but if there is no movement for more than 15 business days on their tracker, we may file a claim. We show that the tracker has now been updated. If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact our customer care team and we will be glad to assist you.

Original review: April 24, 2021

Ordered a product that was shown to be in stock and Checking Availability showed it would ship in 23 - 32 days. Different colors of the same product were all on backorder. A couple of days after the order was placed it changed to 100 plus days. I understand that things happen. I could wait. 45 days later, it shows shipping to be delayed for over 250 days from when it was ordered.

I got on the site and found another configuration that again showed in stock and shipping in 23-32 days. A different color on backorder but not the one being ordered. So I place the order. The next day this new order shows shipping over 200 days as well now. Well, I go back to the item on the site and it is still showing that it is in stock and shipping in 23-32 days. It is not backordered or nothing stating that shipping will be delayed.

So I reach out to Customer Service. Just wanting to understand what happened. And to let them know that something may be broken. Yes I am frustrated. I explain the situation. The Agents gives me the song and dance that the manufacturer is behind. I explain that my complaint has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the Bait and Switch of telling me and other people right at this very moment that you can ship in 23-32 days when you cannot. Agent did what he was trained to do and towed the company line. etc...

However, it did not resolve anything. I am sure this Agents leadership at Optics Planet has no interest in knowing that they are either misrepresenting themselves (nice way of saying lying) or a system is broken and not updating correctly (assuming they have integrity). Due to the Agent not offering to pass on info, or unable to offer any solution as my complaint was the misrepresentation. The culture there is for the Customer Service people to just be a barrier between the customers and leadership. So just shut up and give us your money.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry for the less than ideal experience. We work with our suppliers to get the shipment as quickly as possible for our back ordered items. Typically, they provide an estimated delivery date and make their deliveries within the specified timeframe. Unfortunately, those estimates do not guarantee the item will be delivered to us in the timeframe provided. For more details regarding backorders, please check https://www.opticsplanet.com/inventory-availability-faq.html.

Original review: April 22, 2021

This company has its BBB accreditation suspended....enough said. Promises 3 to 5 day shipping. Quickly creates a shipping label and charges your credit card. Does not allow order cancellations after shipping label is created. UPS verified they have not received package for shipment. 9 days and think I'm hosed. PS- this website receive compensation from Optic Planet.

OpticsPlanet.com response

Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate hearing feedback and are constantly looking to improve. Unfortunately, I do not see any order details on your review so I was not able to check this and see if there is anything we can do to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to our Customer Care team through phone, email or live chat and we will be more than happy to review your order and help out in the best way we can. Have a great day!

Original review: April 14, 2021

They tell you that they are working hard to get my order to me but have not shipped it out in over 7 business days! No tracking number. April 14. 2021. Customer service was no help after 10 minutes on hold either!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive customer experience with us. We truly value you as our customer and want to do everything we can to restore your confidence in us. Unfortunately, I do not see any order details on your review so I was not able to check this and see what I can do to get this resolved for you. Please reach out to our Customer Care team through phone, email or live chat and we will be more than happy to review your order and help out in the best way we can.

Resolution response: May 27, 2021

After using Consumer Affairs I finally received a refund. OpticsPlanet shipped out the wrong item and it took almost 5 months to get this resolved. I used to buy a lot from OpticsPlanet and Dvor. After this experience I won't ever buy from them again. I'd recommend to anyone who asks me about them to find a different vendor and to never buy from OpticsPlanet or one of their other companies.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I ordered an "in stock" complete 45 acp upper. It took almost a month to receive the package. All I received was a barrel not the complete upper. After being in hold for over a 1/2 hour I was told it would be fixed immediately. Now 2 months later and multiple emails I haven't received an answer and have a $580 barrel that was supposed to be a complete upper. Look up this companies reviews before you buy. Especially on the BBB. I wouldn't recommend ordering from OpticsPlanet.com or any subsidiaries.

OpticsPlanet.com response

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry for the less than ideal experience you’ve had with us. Please be assured that this is not a usual circumstance and we are constantly striving to improve our services. A customer care rep has tried to contact you over the phone to try to resolve the issue but was not able to reach you. Please contact our customer care team through phone, email or live chat so that we can reach a resolution for your order. Have a great day!

Resolution response: April 7, 2021

Credit Card was finally reimbursed.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I returned a pair of expensive binoculars to Optics Planet. According to UPS tracking they received my package containing the binoculars on Monday March 8, 2021. They were sent in the original packing with all of the accessories in new condition. I used the shipping label they provided with the return summary inside the box. It's been FOUR WEEKS since the package was delivered to Optics Planet. I have tried calling them on 3 different occasions without success. I have also contacted them with written messages. My credit card still does not show a reimbursement.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We apologize for the delay on the processing of your return. We process returns in the order that we receive them. We ask for your patience as we try to catch up with the backlog that we have due to the pandemic. We are showing that your return has now been processed and credits were issued on 04/05. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for your bank to process this, depending on their policy. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with. Have a great day!

Original review: April 5, 2021

I found ammunition I have been searching for everywhere available for backorder on this website. Since most companies don't allow backordering this product, I was willing to pay the higher prices at OpticsPlanet and willing to wait as long as necessary for this item to ship. I got an order confirmation email as per usual, then a few days later I got an email asking me to correct my shipping address. I confirmed that my shipping address was accurate as listed on my order (my physical address, not a PO Box as required by law for ammunition).

A few days after I responded, I got another email that my order had been cancelled without any reason listed for the cancellation. I responded to sales@opticsplanet.com to ask why my order was cancelled. I told them my address was listed correctly in the original order, and also confirmed correctly. I also told them I was aware the items were on backorder and that there is no guarantee when they might ship, but wanted my order to stand or be reinstated. Sales responded to me that I should take the matter up with rm@opticsplanet.com. This seemed weird, since the cancellation email came from Sales. They can cancel my order but don't know why?

Not sure what RM stands for, but I forwarded the email chain to them with all my order information. I asked once again why my order had been cancelled and if I could reorder these items on backorder. No response for a week. So I emailed again, this time including Sales and RM both on the email. Since RM never replied, I was hoping sales might be able to help me at least get a response from the other department. Days go by, and no response from RM again. Sales sends the same response as before that I should contact RM.

At this point, it becomes obvious that this company is incapable of any semblance of decent customer service. The departments obviously don't communicate with one another. RM department either doesn't exist or just refuses to respond to even the most basic inquiry. I still have no answer as to why my order was cancelled, and zero faith that I could ever successfully purchase any products from this company in the future. They define awful customer service. Don't waste your time trying to give them your business!

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience with us. Your order shows that a PO Box number was indicated on the shipping address. We are unable to ship ammo to a PO Box address. You may review our ammo policy on https://www.opticsplanet.com/domestic-compliance-policy.html. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team. Have a great day!

Original review: April 2, 2021

Besides their shipping one of the slowest in the marketplace. They are the worst Company To Do Business With because if you have to return something you will wait more than at least 45 days or more before you get credit. I even tried "store credit" which Opticsplanet highly recommends and the fastest way to get credit back on refunds. Well.... more than 30 days and they still haven't issued a store credit. They received the item in 3 days and acknowledged the return and states they will post credit in my account. I've contacted customer service and they send you an automated response regarding their credit return policy which is FALSE. If you can find your item or product somewhere else do not get it from optics planet.

OpticsPlanet.com response

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you have not had a positive experience with us. We value our customers and look to provide a better service to help you. Unfortunately, I do not have enough information from your review to locate and check your order. Please contact our Customer Care team through phone, live chat or email and we would be more than happy to assist you. Have a nice day!

Resolution response: April 7, 2021

Finally received the items ordered.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Ordered Sky Watcher HEQ5 Mount S30400 on 3/18. Ordered a telescope for the mount on 3/20. Called twice to confirm the mount, most needed part, was indeed in stock and the HEQ5 Mount would be shipped to me. I was told, yes it was in stock and would be shipped to me. I confirmed, nobody beat me. Yes my order was first I would receive the mount. I was assured they were just back logged and trying to catch up. Days later no status change. Called a second time, they are working on it, the support person asked would you like a manager to check? I asked for a manager be notified I was assured that would be done. No movement on the order 3 days later. Saturday the telescope ships??? Backlogged but an order submitted two days later ships? No first come first serve? Even for orders to the same person? I need them both to use either.

Submitted an email request through their website, calling isn't helping, I have nothing to lose. I got a form email response, to be expected, it was Sunday. Monday, no contact other than, a second form email. Info about we are having delays. You aren't having delays, you shipped an order for me. Delays doesn't explain shipping out of order. That doesn't explain how an order ships first that was submitted two days later.

I question if they even had/have the mount. I understand Covid, is causing delays, I've had it, it's bad news. What I don't understand is how an item that was ordered, confirmed verbally twice as being in stock, hasn't shipped, but my second order has shipped. Orders aren't shipped as they are received? No first come first server? Very disappointing. The other two vendors I was looking at to supply HEQ5 are now sold out. Most sites now have a backorder of 3 to 6 months for the mount. I will not buy from them again and would recommend them to nobody. They may not have the items you order.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive customer experience with us. Our warehouse staff is working tirelessly to pick and pack all orders as quickly and as safely as possible. We are doing everything we can to ship orders within our promised timeline, but we are experiencing delays due to the business constraints brought about by the pandemic. Your order has shipped and we have emailed you the tracking details. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

Original review: March 24, 2021

Ordered a spotting scope on 1/4/2021. Amount debited from my account. Later informed that shipping would be delayed by several weeks so cancelled order on 2/10/2021. Even though I cancelled the order it was shipped so I returned it. Received notification on 2/27/2021 that it was received and that a refund could take up to 3 weeks. After almost 4 weeks, I still had not received a refund so called the company.

And informed them that I planned to file a complaint with credit card company. Customer service person was polite and after several long holds was told that he would call me back later in the day. He followed through with a call and informed me that I was going to get an "early" refund which is a joke since they had my money since 1/4/2021. I would not do business with this company again as their shipping and communication systems are very slow.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive customer experience with us. We value you as our customer and look to provide you with a better experience. We process returns in the order that they are received. We have a backlog with our returns processing due to the pandemic and we are working to catch up on processing returns. The rep who assisted you processed the refund “earlier” than going through the normal process to help out. Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I placed 2 orders October 2020, for 9mm and 223. Neither order has been shipped. When I placed this order, the cart said in stock. Still today, it says waiting on item. Very disappointed. Will not use.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We apologize for the inconvenience. We currently have a short supply of ammo due to the current high demand. We try our best to fill all orders as soon as we can but we are at the mercy of our suppliers. We notify our customers of any update that we have. If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please do not hesitate to contact us via phone, live chat or email and our Customer Care team will be more than happy to assist you.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I made an order for ammunition and added a T-shirt to the order, the T-shirt never shipped, it has a tracking number, but for 3 weeks has said that a label was created and UPS is waiting to receive the package. When I asked for a refund, they said it was shipped and provided me with a tracking number that was incorrect, the tracking number was for the ammunition, even though I clearly said T-shirt.

2nd email, I asked for a refund for the shirt. No refund, this time they said it was shipped and gave me the correct tracking number (that I already had) that still says that a shipping label was created 3 weeks ago, but the item has not shipped. You cannot get through on the phone to them and they even say that they do not respond to voicemails. Emails only get answered with the same thing, your item was shipped and it takes them 2 -3 days to answer emails with useless information. They will not refund my money. I had to go to my bank and dispute a $10 charge on my debit card. They'd rather loose a repeat customer, than to just look into a missing shipment.

OpticsPlanet.com response

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive customer experience with us. We have checked the shipping status of your order and can see that the shirt has now been shipped and delivered. We have also refunded the cost of this shirt to compensate for the issue. Credits are processed and refunded immediately on our end but your bank may take up to a week to process this. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Care team.

OpticsPlanet.com Company Information