1.11/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

388 NFL Shop Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Ordered two T-shirt and paid for 3-5 day shipping. It was not mentioned was that the items would not be shipped for an additional two weeks. In this case adding those two weeks brought my total shipping time frame to three weeks. Seeing as to how the this company operates through online sales, these items should have been shipped in a more prompt manner. Due to the extended period of time in shipping delays, I’ve decided to take my future business elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I recently purchased a sweatshirt for a birthday present 10 days prior to the date I needed it. The product said "available" and the shipping date said "allow 3-5 days for shipping", so I figured that I had a good chance of getting it. On day 5 the online tracking (which is not easy or at all intuitive like Amazon) said "processing" (not shipped). So I called the customer service department, and after about 20 minutes hold time, a man came to the phone and I told him my plight. He said "Yes that is 3-5 business days once shipped and it could take weeks to process". I said "How can that be since when I was ordering the website it clearly said 3-5 business days?" He said "Let me dumb it down for you..." and went on to condescend me.

I said to him, "Well that is just deceiving" and he "No it most certainly is not... Do you need me to explain this to you again". I then said "Wow this is not very good customer service... How would someone ever know that 3-5 business days means that it could take weeks to ship?" He again got very rude and said "Let me AGAIN dumb this down for you since you are NOT getting it"... At that point I just hung up. I sent a note later on the "live chat" to have a manager call me and the reply came back; "Please call **". Clearly the NFL Shop does not need our business! Please go to Amazon or Dicks... Online orders and service is easy and impeccable!! Maybe since Roger Goodell is arrogant, the NFL Shop feels that they could be as well. Good luck!

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Ordered a jersey the day after finding out my husaband's team made it to the Super Bowl. At first, I clicked the free shipping until I noticed a week had gone by and no shipping email was received. I called and they upgraded my shipping to next business day so I can get my product BEFORE the Super Bowl (it's beyond me why they think anyone wants Super Bowl product AFTER the Super Bowl). Called every day until I was told my item had shipped - very friendly and helpful customer service and promised I would get my jersey in time and in fact, I DID! They made my husband one happy fan. :))

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I wouldn't even consider purchasing from them again. Ordered items for Super Bowl party, paid extra for overnight shipping to find out it never shipped. When I spoke to customer service rep, they weren't planning to ship until Monday AFTER the event. Prior to calling the NFL Shop, I contacted the shipping company, they stated they had not received the item for shipment, though they could see a label had been printed by NFL Shop on 1 February. Very misleading on the part of NFL Shop. They told me I could not cancel the order, it was beyond their ability to do so at this stage. WHAT?!! I NOT AT ALL HAPPY WITH THEIR INABILITY TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THEIR END OF THE PURCHASE CONTRACT! No more of my business will they ever see!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Ordered a Super Bowl Jersey within an hour of the conclusion of the game. I received a confirmation, the website said it was in stock not a “pre-order” item. They acknowledged that it was a special event item, and the order would ship on or before January 31st. This led me and apparently many others that the special event item would be here BEFORE the event. I find out today, AFTER I called, that NOT only will it NOT be here for the Super Bowl, but it will NOT arrive until mid February. The customer service representatives and their supervisors were rude and not apologetic. Instead of admitting the inconvenience and error on their company, they blamed me because I should’ve known that it would ship out on January 31st.

In the confirmation email of the order, it says (copy and pasted): “This is a special event item. Orders containing this product will be shipped no later than Thursday, January 31st” which I should not have expected it before the game. I ordered January 20th... DO NOT waste your time with NFLSHOP.COM. Save yourself the grief, they only offered expedited shipping which would be “waived” as a courtesy and a 10% maximum discount. Therefore I should be appreciative to receive it 2/10/19 vs 2/11/19... There are other dealers licensed to sell these jerseys. Look into another, you will thank me later.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NFL Shop?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

2nd year in a row I ordered a jersey for the super bowl and never arrived. Don't buy from this loser of a company. I really don't know how the NFL allows them to sell their merchandise. I will be contacting them as well.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I ordered a special event item on Jan 20th, fully aware that the item needed to be manufactured and therefore, the item leaving the warehouse would be delayed. Received notice that the item had shipped on Jan 27th. Upon checking the tracking #, I see that I should receive the item on Feb 6 (later updated to the 5th). That is 11 days for shipping (10 with update). I contacted NFL Shop and they said it takes 7 business days, not sure how that matters because FedEx works 7 days a week. Their remedy for this is to return it whenever I receive the item and it will take 10 business days (2 weeks) for them to receive it and I will get my refund 7 business days after that. So I should get my refund by Feb 28th. So it takes 6 weeks for this scenario to play out.

According to them, all is good because they will waive the $4 return fee. I did not think it was possible to ship anything, within the contiguous states, and it take that long. I needed the item for Super Bowl Sunday, and that was obvious. No need for the item other than that. Will not conduct business with NFL Shop in the future.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I would give 0 stars, if I could. I placed an order for an NFL jersey. I was sent tracking information 2 days after ordering (the description said it would ship within 2 days). All week the tracking information never updated. Finally a week after I placed the order, the FedEx tracking said it would arrive on February 11th - after the Superbowl and 2 weeks after I placed the order. I called customer service, which was a waste of time. I would never order anything from the NFL shop again!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I ordered my jersey with the super bowl patch literally minutes after the NFC championship game. NFL shop waited 10 whole days to send my jersey and now it will not arrive for me to wear it during the super bowl. What is the point of ordering an event specific item if they can't even get it to you in time for the event? Terrible business practice!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I ordered my jersey I thought in a timely manner only to find out that it would be delivered on February 5... After the Super Bowl. I ordered my Husband the same day from another company and he received his today. Poor customer service! Do not order from this company.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Very upset with my order. I ordered two rams conference championship shirts for the Super Bowl. But I was just told they will not arrive till February 7th. They have the Super Bowl logo on them so you would assume they would be worn for the Super Bowl. NFL does not care about their customers. Why would you make specific items with Super Bowl logos and not have them to your customers for the Super Bowl.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

The worst company!!! Takes them FOREVER to get items to you. Unhelpful and dismissive! AVOID AT ALL COST! We have had a terrible experience with them. Shipping takes over 15 days and they don’t have items in stock. Worst company.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I was so pleased to order my husband's favorite team of all time now that we're in the Super Bowl. I ordered the day after the championship and thought it was plenty of time to receive the two shirts. I just got an email that’s they are coming Tuesday once the game will be over. Never again will I ever buy from the NFL. No help from their customer support. Shame on them. They charge so much just for a T-shirt. I worst part I had to tell my husband and had to ruin the surprise??? I still hope they win the Super Bowl but will buy the winning merchandise in the stores.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I ordered and received this Lego 3-D construction Bronco head. I have had 8 people from age 8-75 try to assemble this. Recommended for ages 6 and up. Would like to meet the 6 yr old that has put this together. The instructions are confusing and the pieces are so tiny. Called to send back for someone at the NFL shop to assemble and send back to me. That was a joke! I would not recommend purchasing this product unless you would like to test your patience or a Lego master.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Today I ordered from both the NFL Shop and Fanatics Super Bowl programs, hats, shirts. Naturally to wear and display on Super Bowl weekend (Feb. 3). After the orders and payment process there is a notification the items will ship on Jan. 31. I chatted and requested delivery by Feb. 2. Neither business would agree and subsequently the orders were cancelled. Don't waste your time (and they have your money for 2-7 days, they can take the money in seconds but need days to return it). Better to try the local fan shop. Good luck!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have purchased two black ones previously but decided to buy a white 3XL NFL Jersey from the NFL shop and it turned up tarnished. On the back on the right shoulder there's a botched part of a screen print. I've tried my best to safely remove it but it won't come off. I live in Australia so it is not worth returning it. So disappointed. Waste of money.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Order a Denver Broncos jersey and was shipped a Chicago Bears jersey and it was the wrong size. They are refusing a refund which the website promises and are lonely offering a 10% refund and I keep an item I don't want.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

First experience was frustrating, FedEx couldn't keep up on updates. It was during Christmas so I tried again after. Ordered a white Jersey and it came dirty! I live in NM. It came from NV and traveled all around CO for whatever reason. The delivery date changed like 4 times. Finally it came and it was dirty. Customer service was good, gave her all my info and she said she had one being ready to ship out and she would expedite it for me. That was Friday. Got a tracking number Saturday. Monday got an email it would be here Tuesday. Come Tuesday got an update that said Wednesday. Someone can't stay true to delivery dates. Probably FedEx but it was dirty nonetheless. Wish I could say it was nice while it lasted but it was a nightmare. Definitely won't order again or even recommend. Order somewhere that uses UPS.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Words do not do the attitude I received from the customer service rep AND the supervisor. I purchased Christmas gifts before Black Friday b/c of a sale. They would not honor the price I originally paid. Not only did they insult my intelligence by trying to tell me that a 20% coupon off EACH item was better than 30% off the total purchase, but spoke to me in an extremely condescending manner as if I did not pass middle school math. Additionally the full price has been marked up from $44.99 to $49.99. She tried telling me that I paid 44.99, with the 30% off coupon, last I checked that was only about 10% off if we are working with the original price of $49 and the purchase price of 44.99. When I log in to complete the return the item pops up as 31.49. So not only does she not take the time to look into my order, but is completely rude and indignant on top of her laziness.

So not only do I have to repurchase the items at a higher price but I am being charged $11 for the return label. I am honestly outraged. If the items were not sized way too big (last time I ordered these sizes it was like body suit tight) I would just keep them. She tried to talk me in circles and I feel sorry for anyone that complies with such stupidity. Luckily for me I am a middle school teacher and I am used to attitude, people talking me in circles, and then not understanding a logical explanation of why they are wrong. I hate to write poor reviews but this was my SECOND encounter with terrible customer service from this company. This company has officially lost my business. Which is a shame since I generally make large purchases a few times a year.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

@OfficialNFLShop Ordered item on 17th Dec for a family member stuck in hotel for Christmas, didn't make Christmas. Tracking stopped on 21st, 3 wks later guest is gone. 2 calls to CS w/ different stories, told call back, made me call FedEx/USPS. Embarrassed and no item. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Ordered jersey on December 18th and while not needed for Christmas, I did want this as a gift for the first round of playoff games. Called on Jan 3rd and customer service informed me that there were warehouse delays and wouldn't get the jersey until at least another week. No notifications, no communications, nothing from the company since initial order. One might think that an NFL jersey might be wanted prior to the end of the season. Customer service no sympathy. Never would do business again with them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

First and very last time ordering from this company. I wish I had checked the reviews before ordering. I ordered an item and was promised online it would be here by X-Mas. In fact it was a special promotion with the countdown clock and everything. I still don't have my item and when I called and spoke to a less than enthusiastic customer service rep. I was told the order was not eligible for Xmas delivery. I would not have ordered it if I knew it would not make it by Xmas. I think they are involved in bait and switch to get those holiday orders. I'm going to give them a few more days to send my order and if I don't receive it I'm calling my credit card company, the Better Business Bureau, and writing a PR article with good SEO to guarantee. People think twice before ordering from this place.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I bought a shirt for my boyfriend for Christmas in September, he opened it and it was a size too small. I went on to return it and it’s exactly 2 weeks after the 90 day return policy. I get the policy and understand they have it in place for a reason. But I bought this product early because there weren’t many sizes available and I wanted to purchase before they were all sold out. When I called customer service the first salesperson was nice and was attempting to work with me. We got disconnected. I called back and got a different associate who really didn’t help at all. Again I understand there’s a return policy, but it was 2 weeks passed, I was willing to pay the difference of a more expensive item since the one I wanted to purchase was no longer in stock (as I suspected would happen). Super disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

My husband spoke with customer service when ordering my Xmas gift. He was told it would be no problem if it had to be exchanged even though it would be past the 90 days because he was purchasing for Christmas. He did all over the phone speaking to a live person. When I tried to exchange our Christmas for size I was told they don't exchange for size. Then I was told it was past the 90 days and there was nothing they could do. Spoke to a manager who then said they don't keep recordings. So my husband would be stuck with the gifts he bought and nothing could be done. How nice of them and convenient they don't keep recordings when it goes against them.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I bought my son's jersey on December 7 thinking 3-5 business days would be enough to be here by Christmas. However, when 12/19 hit, and we didn't have a jersey we called Customer Service to get an update, and they said it wasn't shipped until 12/14. When we asked why, the customer service rep Erica accused us of lying that we didn't pick the right shipping, and it will get here by 12/27. When we kept talking, Erica kept accusing us of lying and said there was nothing more she could do. When we asked for the item to be shipped again in time for Christmas, she said that wouldn't be possible, even though they were running a promotion to be delivered by 12/24.

On 12/27, when we didn't have a jersey, we called again and they said "it must have gotten lost in shipping." And they sent another jersey right away. Hopefully my son will have his jersey in time for the playoffs or next Christmas. I completely understand that not everyone is Amazon and ships within two days. However, accusing customers of lying, not delivering items, and causing stress isn't good customer service. We understand things happen, but learn from your competitors.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I purchased a jacket as a gift for my husband. It arrived and was too large so wanted to exchange for a smaller size. They don't do exchanges. I made the first purchase with a healthy discount code that was going on at the time. Had to pay full price for the correct size jacket a week later - a $50 difference. They wouldn't match the price of my original order. Strange they don't have an exchange program - most retailers do! I don't even mind paying the shipping on the return. Won't order from NFL Shop again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I ordered a black cowboys beanie and received the wrong item. That’s fine. Mistakes happened. However, I called customer service and explained to the lady what happened. She refunded me my money. I advised that was great but I still didn’t have the hat. She whispered on the phone, “I don’t give a **. It’s one thing to send me the wrong item but totally rude to be unconsidered of the fact that I paid $10 to receive it by Christmas. I hope the idiot gets fired.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I have tried more than three times to order from this company and every time is a nightmare. The first time I ordered a jersey and coffee cups both were damaged. Sent them back and the other jersey I received had a burn on it so I just opted for a refund. My husband bought me a jersey this year and it had stains on the front, back and sleeve. Customer service are rude and don't care. Do not buy gear or anything from this company!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I received this t-shirt from my son for Christmas. It was marked a medium - however the neckline was so large it would fit an XL. I went to the website to return it. There was no order number on the label - which makes it impossible to return unless you contact the purchaser or call the 800 number. After waiting an hour or longer on hold on the 800 number I reached an employee who found the order under my son's name. He first wanted to send me a gift certificate so I could purchase something else.

Since that wasn't appealing to me, I asked for a refund. The salesperson said since the order was a medium and they sent a medium - we would have to pay $5 plus to return the item. I continued to explain the shirt was not made correctly - the neckline would have fit an XL. Again, he said he was sorry "I didn't like the item." He sent the label to return - then it would take so many days to return, so many days to refund the money back to the credit card and so many days before the items would not be eligible for return. It is in the mail & we WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN. It would be fair for anyone who shops online to shop a company that has a reasonable return policy. Just because the item was marked a medium and I received a medium meant I "didn't like the item." Keep in mind I waited over an hour - SHOP AMAZON OR ANOTHER STORE.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I ordered my son who was a newborn at the time a newborn size baseball cap of the Dallas Cowboys and I was expected to receive it within 2 weeks and I received it within a week and I was charged a very reasonable amount! I feel bad for all the reviews on here that are negative. I've had really good experiences in ordering for my son and my husband!

NFL Shop Company Information