3.11/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Mack Weldon

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Mack Weldon Reviews

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I bought a bunch of shirts with the idea that I would keep some and send back the ones that I didn't like. Big mistake. Their return process is a nightmare. The site makes it extremely complicated to select which items you'd like to return. It says that they will give you a shipping slip, but the site just get stuck in a loading loop. Very clever guys....

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I like to purchase "high-end" clothing and sheets advertised on TV and radio to see if they really are THAT much better … You know the ones where “you've never slept on something so comfortable”, "somehow the sheets cured my arthritis", “this is the most comfortable sweatshirt you'll ever own”… “If you don't like it, the first pair is on us” (Mack Weldon). Blah blah blah. Other than Boll & Branch branch I can honestly say nothing has lived up to the claims. I even bought Mike's most comfortable pillow in the whole wide world, including his mattress topper and now my very first "sweatshirt” from Mack Weldon.

Not everyone likes to read long reviews; I try to keep this to the point. I'm just under 6 feet tall and very physically active. I've got broad shoulders and a relatively slim waistline; this thing did not fit at all. First of all, I bought the largest one that they sell which is a 2XL, tight in the shoulders but otherwise a decent cut. Here's the issue, calling this a sweatshirt is somewhat of a stretch. I guess in my mind; a sweatshirt will always be the thickness and durability of Champion; this is more like a thick casual pullover. In fact they really need to stop marketing this as a sweatshirt and call it a pullover. The fabric is nice but nothing special. It is cut a little differently than off the rack "sweatshirts" but it's just a shirt/pullover.

So for $68 is it worth it? It wasn't for me, so I returned it, which was a relatively easy experience. Because this is one of those millennial companies that thinks it is clever not to have a telephone number so you can’t call them. You have to remember your username and password and go on the website to request the return. This process, I will say is shockingly simple; more companies should make returning items this easy. Here’s my two cents… If you go to friends or family(s) homes or have people over but want to keep it casual, this is an excellent choice. It looks nice, will keep you relatively warm. It doesn't look like you're some bum who invited company over and then walks around the house in a sweatshirt. All in all this is a nice pullover for casual use as long as it's not too cold. This is not the sweatshirts that generation X grew up with. Swing and a miss Mack Weldon.

PS I was recently at Nordstrom's and they had incredibly comparable pullovers for sale for less money in a broad range of colors and sizes. Clothing is a tough thing to sell online because you never know how it's going to look or fit. This company clearly makes an effort to produce a higher quality (then say Kohl's) product line. But it is absolutely not worth what they charge for it. Tommy John and Mack Weldon are simply overpriced clothing that is supposed to make you feel like you're smarter than the average bear… In reality it might be a little dumber for wasting your money.

Get expert buying tips about Online Shopping Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

The number one responsibility of an online retailer is to provide a receipt upon charging credit cards. Don’t do that = Cheating people. I am not writing letters to your customer support, have better things to do. Your goods are not that good, you have to respect your customers.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Left multiple emails to reach customer service, note email contact only. Only way to reach representative, asking to exchange unopened briefs for a smaller size. 5 days went by to receive a reply, giving me no return info, address or label. ????

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Purchased pair of Mack Weldon boxer briefs at Nordstrom and requested return/exchange from Mack Weldon; company would not honour their "Best Pair Guarantee" unless underwear bought via their website. No indication of latter in advertising the guarantee. Found their underwear not to be as advertised in the slick marketing language used in their ads. Able to obtain much more comfortable underwear, including a non-roll waist band, from Jockey brand boxer briefs and for less than half the price of a Mack Weldon pair of boxer briefs. Don't buy into the fancy language descriptors in the Mack Weldon advertisements, you can get much better value for your money with other companies.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mack Weldon?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I have ordered several pair of Mack Weldon briefs, love the fit, love the softness of the waist band and the brief also. I have had 3 pair where the waist band has raveled from the brief. Way too expensive for the waist band to ravel. One pair came that way the other 2 pair raveled after 1 or 2 washings. I have contacted the company twice with pictures of what has happened and they have sent replacements. Probably won’t purchase anymore, too expensive for 1 or 2 wearings.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have ordered several times. This time I need to make a return. They make it sound easy but it is not. First, there is no phone number, only email contact. Second, you are directed to your account page to process the return but the order doesn't even show up on the account page as an order. So I cannot return what the website doesn't know I have received. I am on my third email. And, note, they are clear that you have only 30 days from purchase and since it took a week to get here; I have three weeks left to see if they answer my email.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have ordered over $1000 worth of product over the last two years. However, I'm not sure what happened since they changed their website. I ordered a new item two weeks ago and the shirt is still listed as shipping soon. I have emailed and submitted an online request for info on when it will ship or if the item isn't available. Have not heard anything from them. Very unlike them to not respond. Not sure if they sold out to another company or VC, but something has definitely changed. Makes me hesitant to order anymore from them.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Ordered 8 pairs of underwear and then tried to contact the company about returning 6 and ordering 6 of the more expensive pair that I liked better. Also to return the (per their advertisement) the pair I did not like. Have emailed 3 times with no response.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Return policy is not true. No one ever even got back to me. Promotional codes are not accepted. All codes entered even from their own add materials are not excepted. Lack of customer service. No one has ever returned my call or email. Buy Tommy John.

Mack Weldon Company Information