2. Background Check Companies
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.84/5

Founded in 2003, Intelius is an industry leader in delivering information about individuals, online people data and their connection to others. We strive to provide consumers and businesses with the information needed to make confident decisions by creating trusted solutions for millions.

With access to the world’s most extensive databases, we can gather billions of public records from government and professional entities. Serving over 300 million monthly requests for access to its databases, Intelius leverages exclusive genomic technology to identify connections between people, places and things to uncover insights that many others providers can’t.

Intelius Gallery (3)

Intelius Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intelius?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intelius?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I CALLED TWICE TODAY, AFTER TRYING TO DO A PHONE LOOK-UP WITH MY $29.95 MEMBERSHIP WHICH I BELIEVED TO BE A "FULL" MEMBERSHIP. Anyway, I first spoke with a young lady name Padi, who was very helpful an offered me a $14.95 fee effective 3/3/2021 which would be a truly free subscription, including phone look ups. She said she'd send a confirmation email and I checked and it hadn't shown up yet, and I went back to log in, when I got a pop-up on my screen offering a trial for $4.95, so I went thru the steps to sign up for that, and finally got a message that an account with that email already existed.

So I called again and got a charming and delightful young lady name "Lisa", from somewhere in NE Iowa, who was patient and extremely helpful, in spite of the fact that I'm a horrid typist and while I'm on the phone have to typed one handedly, and she was kind and helpful and displayed a wonderful sense of humor and brought a ray of sunshine into a dreary afternoon for me. She's certainly a keeper and hopefully you have bigger things in store for her.

I retired 10 years ago after a 38 year career as a human resource executive, so I think I'm a pretty good judge of people and personalities, and Lisa's a winner! Not to take anything away from Padi, but I think, from my experience Lisa would be a perfect role model for the general population of customer support & service folks, and not just with Intelius, but I spend a lot of time on-line and have dealt with and/or hired probably hundreds of them so I'm not just blowin' smoke. She's the real deal, and I wish nothing but the best for Lisa and for your organization. Sorry for the long message, but she made it worth the time. Thanks for listening.

Dan

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I spoke with Tim, in customer service, and I was very impressed with his personal service in satisfying my personal request. His empathy, personality, professionalism and overall knowledge serves him well. He is Excellent in his demeanor, and I consider Tim to be the Best of the best in his service to myself and others. I personally consider him to be a tremendous asset to your company. This pleasant gentleman deserves a Hefty Raise since I, the customer, is supposed to be always right. RIGHT? Thank you Tim. You are the Greatest in how you related your empathetic response to my request! Thank you again. Allen **

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I gave all the info Intelius asked for. I wanted the report. SCHARIE walked me thru signing up with PayPal... All seemed to go well but at the final point pay pal rejected payment.. Neither of us knew why... But this young woman did a fantastic job< trying to help. I commend her. She deserves a raise>.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

The young man I spoke to today, was the most helpful agent I have ever spoken to!!! Give him a raise!!! Most reps I have talked to have either been rude or complacent with the job. Your rep felt that he needed to help me rather than had to help me. A true gentleman. Thank you!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I spoke with the nicest, knowledgeable and kind customer service person. I wish Intelius could clone her. :) I think you should note: sadly, Patricia ** and Ellen ** have passed away.... You should bring your information up to date. I have lived at this address for 21 years and am on the Board for this community and that is why I have this information to send and share for your company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Had a legal issue and found myself needing some information which I found promptly through this service. As I genuinely don't need this type of information often enough to keep a membership but if I did, I'd have no problem continuing to use this service.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
    Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

For $30/month I should be able to get into my account more easily. Anytime I’ve tried to login it says my password is in correct. When I try to do password recovery, I never get the email to reset so I have to call the 800# to have it reset.

Intelius response

Thank you for reaching out. We apologize that you experienced technical issues attempting to login to your account. We want to let you know that we’re committed to making things right. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Intelius Support

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Generally very helpful, but sometimes there are inaccuracies with dates of residencies and telephone numbers not very reliable. Would be great to have relatives identified as spouse, brother, sister, etc.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I am not finding out anything at all. It keeps reporting that didn't find anything. I haven't found out anything I didn't already know. Phone numbers aren't in service, not saying where anyone really is. I'm just disappointed.

Intelius response

We’re sorry to hear you were unhappy with your report. We gather our information from numerous public sources. Consequently, this does present the possibility of false positives, and more than one individual with the same name and basic information may match up with other records. We guarantee that we will search every database available to us; however, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate

Respectfully,

Intelius Support

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I purchased Intelius to find property owners for buyers that were interested in purchasing their properties. Intelius was by far the best source of information relating to the property owners, as it had the most in depth information on each contact that I looked up. I will definitely continue to use Intelius as my go-to source.

Intelius author review by Ben Mannes

Intelius was founded in 2003 as an information commerce company. They offer businesses cloud-based background check solutions that can be accessed on desktop and mobile devices.

• Specialized screenings: Intelius offers specialized employee screenings, which allow employers to find all necessary information about potential candidates. The company also provides screening services for landlords and employers of nannies.

• Technologically advanced: Intelius is a cloud-based company, and they offer clients access to the site and their information via a desktop site and mobile application. This means customers can take advantage of services anywhere they have access to the Internet.

• Community focus: In addition to providing background checks for customers, the company is also philanthropic and generous, donating dollars and time to community organizations.

• SSN-based search: The company uses a SSN based search, which provides fast, accurate results.

• Free trial offered: Intelius offers customers a free trial for seven days after sign-up, giving users a chance to test drive Intelius's services.

• Important disclaimer: Intelius is not a consumer reporting agency as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and the information in the Intelius databases has not been collected in whole or in part for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports, as defined in the FCRA. This means it is unlawful to use Intelius’s information as a factor in (1) establishing an individual's eligibility for personal credit or insurance or assessing risks associated with existing consumer credit obligations, (2) evaluating an individual for employment, promotion, reassignment or retention (including employment of household workers such as babysitters, cleaning personnel, nannies, contractors, and other individuals) or (3) any other personal business transaction with another individual (including, but not limited to, leasing an apartment).

by Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Intelius Company Information