1.36/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 16, 2018

113 Guitar Center Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 16, 2018

I tried to order a DJ controller and two studio monitors. I made the payment and received an email from Guitar Center the next day, asking me to contact their verifications department and to send them a bank statement to confirm my payment. I did that right away, but didn't hear anything from them for two days. I contacted them again, the person on the phone didn't know anything about my order and asked me to send my bank statement again. The same thing happened over again twice until finally someone confirmed that they received my bank statement and my order had been confirmed. Two days later, I received another email from Guitar Center saying my order had been cancelled, without a reason added. The person on the phone couldn't tell me why this happen, but told me to try and order again and said hopefully it will work this time. Forget about it!

Original review: April 10, 2018

My multi-effects guitar pedal is on the fritz, so I decided to purchase a new one on Monday. I needed it for rehearsal Tuesday night, but my local Guitar Center didn't have the one I wanted. So I looked online and found that I could "Pickup Today" option for a Guitar Center store about an hour away. I purchased it and waited for the confirmation e-mail. The e-mail never came, so Tuesday morning I called customer service to ask about it. I find out the item is currently in a store 1.5 hours away and being shipped to the other store (where I requested the pickup), so I'll get it between Wed-Fri. When I asked if I could come to this other store and just pick it up, they said it was already on the truck, so I couldn't come get it and had to wait.

Now I'm without a solution for rehearsal tonight, when I thought the problem was taken care of. I would have had it shipped to my local store or paid for it to be shipped to my house if I would have know it wouldn't be ready the day they listed. Better yet, I would have ordered it from another company, if I would have known how this experience was going to be. I went to Guitar Center's website to let them know, so that this wouldn't happen to someone else, and the site times out when I submit the feedback form. I tried again a couple hours later and it was the same result. Then I tried the feedback form on my mobile and it said "Invalid characters", even though everything was fine in my post. Finally I decided to come here and write a review. Hopefully this prevents someone else from being in this same situation!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Multiple times I have purchased online and attempted to pick up in store. Each time there is a different excuse. No one working to deal with online orders. Check back in 3-4 days. Item not in stock even though it was listed in stock. When asked about if I should get from another store I was told they would request the transfer but it would take at least 3 days when I could just drive down the street. Contacted customer service. Hung on me twice. Asked for manager twice and was denied and then said the only one was busy and would call back. No call back of course. They agreed to cancel my order but aren't doing anything to take care of it. I simply asked that this issue be acknowledged so they would deal with the issue on their side but from the looks of it they are used to seeing these issues and just acknowledged they are aware and don't really care.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Ordered parts for a custom bass I’m working on, gave them my apartment number over the phone. Package was never delivered because the idiot that took my order never entered my apartment number. Called today to check the status of my order and they put a hold on my order!!! Unbelievable! If I could give it zero stars I would!!! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!

Original review: March 28, 2018

Customer service is not trained to put customer first. I went in the store today, and a customer requested the cashier to put the music, that was playing on the store speakers, a little down so he could hear the bass that he was testing, the cashier rolled his eyes but did, but when the customer left, he started talking about him, saying to the other employees all kinds of things, like, "Dude if you are bothered about the loud music, then leave my store, I like how loud it is." It was really rude, it actually happened with 2 customers. I don't like that, I'm not planning to go back at Colorado Blvd store, so they can talk about me when I leave.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guitar Center?

Original review: March 27, 2018

I received an incorrect item from that which I ordered. The customer support rep said it was my confusion and not their error (It didn't match the picture on their site at all), expected me to wait 2 weeks for replacement. When I said I would simply like a refund, they said it would be 5 days and cut me off immediately. Another unsatisfied customer.

Original review: March 25, 2018

This cymbal (20” AA Meinl Byzance Crash) was purchased 1 year plus 4 months ago. It has a 2 year manufacturer’s warranty from AA Meinl. It has a hairline crack on the edge of the cymbal. I took it back to Guitar Center in Framingham MA and was told by their staff that if I didn’t buy the gold coverage with the cymbal I would have to contact the manufacturer about the warranty. Which at this point I told them whenever I had bought anything from a regular drum store and had a problem their staff would always talk to the manufacturer and follow through and do the right thing under a stated manufacturer’s warranty. They absolutely refused to deal with the manufacturer and stated that they don’t even have contacts with the manufacturer and insisted that I contact the manufacturer AA Meinl. So I left disappointed.

Also keep in mind previously I have spent thousands of dollars at their stores on various equipment. So I visited the AA Meinl website under their warranty which says that if you have the original receipt and if it’s less than 2 years old it falls under the manufacturer’s warranty and to contact your authorized AA Meinl dealer. In another section of the AA Meinl website lists Guitar Center as authorized dealers. All of the locations in Massachusetts. So for another words Meinl says right on their website to take the cymbal back to Guitar Center aka the authorized dealer for replacement if found defective. Guitar Center won’t even look at it because I didn’t buy the gold coverage. The manufacturer’s warranty has nothing to do with gold coverage and Meinl says to deal direct with authorized dealer.

So now I’m stuck with a broken cymbal that is less than 1.5 years old with a manufacturer’s warranty of 2 years with no way of getting any support. Why should I pay Guitar Center extra for gold coverage to deal with a manufacturer’s warranty? So to me in this case the gold coverage is a scam and they won’t even honor a manufacturer’s warranty for a product that is clearly within that period. I can’t state enough to stay away from them and go direct to a local shops that have expertise in selling whatever equipment you are buying in my case drums. In all cases I have gotten great support from these shops and they are willing to deal with company reps such as Meinl, Zildjian, Pearl, DW etc when they sell you products.

Original review: March 24, 2018

This started in August 2017. I brought my Jackson V guitar in for set up (not repair). This was in Reno, NV. Their guitar tech complained in the store loudly about Jackson guitar. Mind you they sell Jackson guitars! He said it would be done by the end of the day. I finally got a call the next day to tell me that a part needed replacement and would cost me $50 more plus labor. I said no, I am picking up the guitar don't work on it. I picked it up. I took it to Bizarre Guitar to Jimi. Jimi had it done in 30 minutes and it was perfectly intonated. He told me that there was nothing wrong with it. So, basically they were bribing us for more money. That or the guitar tech didn't know what he was doing.

Next, we went in to buy a Gretsch guitar. We asked if we could have some kind of discount because it had been in the shop for a while and wasn't exactly flawless. He said no that's the price. We went back to Bizarre Guitar in Reno and they gave us a huge discount on a flawless Gretsch. March 2nd we ordered a Grateful Dead Uke collection online from them. They are the only ones who sell it. We were nervous but thought oh maybe online will be easier. It's been the worst experience we've had with any online vendor. ANY online vendor. We are in our 40s. We've had numerous online purchases as you can guess. This is the absolute worst experience.

We have called so many times. No one gave us the same answer to the whereabouts of the collection. It was something entirely different. And at some point one actually said it wasn't shipped that it was backordered after the last person said it was UPS's fault. On top of that we paid out almost $700 for this merchandise and only received $300 worth so far with no idea of when or even IF we will get the rest of our order. They never contacted us about any backorders except for the cheap 20 some dollar gig bags. They never told the same story more than once. They argued with us on the phone when we asked to speak for a manager. And every time we call they try to upsell their lame protection plan. We don't even have all the ukes!

This is ridiculous and absolutely unacceptable for that large of a company to be that bad. How are they even still open?!? It's almost April and we still have another story being told to us. You cannot be a well known company and get away with this BS. We would have canceled the order and bought it from someone else had someone else had it. We have been nothing but patient and nice the whole process through.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I went into the new North Fort Worth store for a new amp and guitar... Was virtually ignored by their verrry cool sales staff standing around the cash registers. Here's a clue for you commission salespeople out there - it's the guys with the gray hair that have the money. Walked out, bought my new Taylor online and bought my new Marshall from Sam Ash of Dallas today. Both of those retailers were excellent. Completely insulted. I absolutely will never deal with GC again.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Don't ever buy used gear from Guitar Center and have it shipped. The amp I purchased ended up to be a different model than the one listed in their online ad. And, when it arrived, it was missing a tube. It took multiple calls to get a replacement for the tube shipped.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Alright so I found a used amp I wanted from their list and bought one from their NH store or so I thought as I get email next day saying that my amp is not on their shelf. So they canceled my order and said my money would not be returned for 5-7 days. So I called my local store. They had the same amp. I want just a little more money. I ask them if the amp was there. Said they see it right now and even told me it had a upgraded speaker so I paid for it. Said I'd pick it few days. I get home from work. Get email saying they accidentally sold the amp to someone else and that they had to cancel my order. Money refunded 5-7 days. So now I sit here writing this. No money no amp. I can't see how they are still around.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I have had good customer service but both stores in Indiana are complete chaos. They have no idea where certificates of authenticity are. This a big deal since Fender sells a limited edition only through their stores. We have actually went back to get the correct COA only to be given the wrong one again. Asked a simple question of whether or not a guitar comes with a gig bag or case to be told it comes with nothing. Lie, I bought that same guitar from you just last week and it came with a case. Some employees are quite willing to lie to you so they can move on. It really stinks when you want to purchase a $3k guitar but you can’t be certain you will get the COA or the correct accessories.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I recently went up to Guitar Center in Indianapolis and traded my Boss MT-2 Metal Zone and an additional $68.00 for a Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff with Top Boost. Package got mixed up.

Updated on 02/23/2018: After refunding my order. I was told they will send it on 21 February 2018 and receive it 23 February 2018 and then told me they will send it 23 February 2018 and receive 25 February.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Guitar Center stores are a whole other web of terrible anti-consumer misery. I returned a Gretsch electromatic hollow body because after assurance by the commissioned salesman that I would love having a Bigsby Tremolo system... I don't and I return it and start shopping on their website. So I've got around $1.1k in Guitar Center credit on a gift card, I find a nice Reverend Double Agent III and a few other things. I purchase them and pay a difference of about $80. Despite being in stock online, I get an email after I buy it saying it will be available 2 weeks from now.

Two weeks later it's back ordered 2 months from now. Not an amazingly huge deal but kind of annoying. So I call, and pick out another guitar about $300 cheaper with that credit. Mind you I should have roughly $800. The lady on the phone says I am 10 dollars short on my credit. Where did that $300 go? They don't know but offer to look, which will take like 10 business days. So I relent and pay the $10 on my credit card. Well this girl accidentally charges the total of the card to my debit card, which I should have been wary about when I heard her say whoops followed by a brief silence. She didn't tell me, if this is truly the case and she knew. In itself it's whatever, not a massive deal. I'd hate to work for guitar center and I feel a bit bad knowing she probably has to deal with people that yell at her due to the vile construct known as guitar center's online ordering system.

So back on the phone after being charged for $500 to my debit card. They've seen the issue and my account has been flagged and they're working to fix it. But remember, I had roughly $800 in credit that is not tangible because they can't exactly put it back on my gift card. Where did that go? They have no clue. They'll look into it. It will take 10 business days.

And the kicker to all of this, the proverbial cherry on top. I paid for next day shipping. It's going on 5 business days now and the guitar isn't even in the same time zone as me. I still don't know where that $800 in credit is, and even if I get it, it still means I have to deal with guitar center. This is like some Sisyphean nightmare that I can't shake.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

In July 2017, I purchased a Gibson/Les Paul (Epiphone) Slash AFD guitar for my son. Five months later my son complains about the guitar sound not being right? We take it the repair Tech at our Lincoln, Nebraska store (very talented and great guy). He tells us that the neck of the guitar is warped beyond repair. He explains that this problem is no fault of ours, the wood is bad? I had purchased a 36-months "Pro Coverage plan Plan" at Guitar Center for $43.99. Attempted to make a claim for a refund or replacement at the store, but was told to call the number on the Pro Plan. This is where I started to get the runaround. Pro Coverage people says that I am still under manufacturer’s warranty and I have to go through the manufacturer. The lady at the Pro Plan says the warped neck is not covered by Pro Coverage Plan, only electrical problems and accidental damage was covered under the plan.

This is not what was sold to me when purchasing the plan. When the salesman up-sold me the plan, he made it sound like it was a full safe replacement plan. "If anything goes wrong with the guitar, we would be given a full refund or replacement". He made it sound like a great and easy exchange process if something would happen? I called Gibson/Epiphone and was told that I will have to file a claim with them, receive authorization for a review of the guitar first, ship it to them and wait for an answer if they will replace or repair the guitar or even maybe do nothing. I was advised "NO REFUNDS" from Gibson. What a nightmare! I live 40-miles each away from my local Guitar Center in Lincoln, Nebraska. I have already made one trip there to get the runaround, now I will probably be stuck with shipping cost to Gibson. By the time it is all said and done, I will have spent more $$ than the guitar is worth.

Come on GUITAR CENTER, get these exchange problems straightened out and quit this runaround game of passing the buck with us customers! You are the (Walmart) of Guitars. (Walmart) will exchange anything! Keeping their customers happy and coming back to their stores. Maybe you, (Guitar Center) should adopt the same type of policy to keep your customers coming back. If this problem is not resolved satisfactorily and soon, I will no longer spend my money in any of your stores.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Spent over 2K with GC in Sarasota. Talked into a product I did not want and cannot get honest answer about exchanging for one that will fit me (wheelchair user with MS). Not offered Pro coverage. Mgr of store not returning my calls. Guitar that will work that's on sale goes off tonight. GC management needs to get involved in this.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I purchased a guitar from GC online as a gift for my wife. The guitar was purchased almost an entire month prior to her birthday. When the package arrived in the mail, it was a $79 Rogue guitar, But I purchased a Les Paul. I immediately called Guitar Center, and was told I would have to pay for the shipping to return the item. After arguing, I was sent a shipping slip that was paid for by GC. After Guitar Center received the wrong item, I was told they would have to verify that I did not damage the item out of anger before they could ship the correct item. This reasoning is ridiculous, since it's GC's mess up. They have had the item for a total of seven days now.

I called this morning and the customer service rep, who was very nice, told me the guitar should have been shipped by now and he doesn't know why it's not. Unless it is shipped within the next hour the guitar will not get here in time for me to give it as a gift. Now, as a birthday gift I will have to present a receipt showing the purchase and a story to a large group of musicians as to why they should continue shopping at the local music store instead of Guitar Center. Thanks for ruining the birthday surprise Guitar Center.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I understand Guitar Center is in the business of making money by selling music equipment. However, the few times I've had some negative feedback, Guitar Center has sent me an email saying my post is under "review". (Censorship) Which literally means all the reviews and ratings on their website are sugar coated, and thus bogus. In my opinion Guitar Center doesn't respect their customers enough to allow them a truthful account of what they're selling, and prefers to protect the manufacturers they represent, by allowing their customers to be scammed at times because it's profitable, and convenient.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I recently purchased the Behringer ACX 1000. I wanted to tell you guys how happy I am with this amp. First off, my order came on time and was packaged very well. Right out of the box this amp did not disappoint. I plugged my AEF Ibanez into the amp and began playing and it was if angels started to sing. Thank you Guitar Center for an incredible sounding amp!!! We will be a regular customer and will be making another purchase in the near future!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Purchased a used Bass amp online. It was listed as excellent condition so I was willing to pay a little more than other options because I wanted it to be as close to like new as possible without spending "new" money. The amp came today and didn't have the power cord to plug it into the wall. So I called Guitar Center customer service and she called the store it came from who apparently told her that used amps don't come with the power cord from their store. I can't believe this and if it is true it should be listed in the posting that there is no power cord (kinda important to use an amp). Long story short Guitar Center refused to stand behind their sale. I guess I will return it to a local Guitar Center and lose the shipping cost, plus the fact I now will have to buy the amp somewhere else. Unbelievable.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I needed some essential item delivered by Thursday. I reviewed the shipping policy on of Guitar Center website found here **. The policy states that orders made after 4 PM, with item in stock, and 2-day shipping with be shipped the next day. I placed my order Monday evening. According to their policy, the order should have shipped on Tuesday and arrived on Thursday. However, on Wednesday, the Order Status on their website was blank. I called customer support and was told that they take 24-48 hours to verify orders before they are processed. Because of this my order was delayed and I would not be receiving my items by Thursday.

Furthermore, the customer service representative I spoke was unhelpful and snarky. He told me there was nothing he could do to get my order to me by Thursday and when I explained that I had read and followed their shipping policy, he interrupted me to inform me it took 24 hours to verify my order. I explained that I was confused because I didn't see anything about that on their shipping policy and he patronizing said, "Well I can read it to you." I have read all of their policies on their website and can't find anything about a 24-48 hour delay due to order verification. Avoid Guitar Center at all costs.

Resolution response: Sept. 8, 2017

One day after writing the review I received an email from Guitar Center saying that the Fender guitar was being shipped to me. It seems that the person with whom I talked to got confused and thought that the guitar had been sold to another person, but turns out that it had been sold to me. I wonder what would have happened if I had just bought another guitar in this meantime... I'm updating the store's rating to 3 starts because of 3 reasons: (i) I think it shouldn't take more than 2 days (it took 10 days) to ship a used item that the store advertises as available; (ii) the misinformation of the attendant could have brought me a big headache (I almost bought another guitar on craigslist in this meantime); (iii) I received another guitar (a fender acoustic-electric) today and it was in really bad condition, it had several issues that were not disclosed in the website. Didn't have any problem returning it, but it cost me the shipping fee, which is about $20.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I tried buying a used Fender Strat 10 days ago online at Guitar Center's website and had an awful experience. First of all, at checkout, it says that shipping takes 3 to 5 days, and this is just not true. They take up to 3 days just to process your order and when they ship it, it takes more 7 business days to get the product delivered... To make things worse, they just advertised a product that they had already sold. I received a very generic email saying the following: "Thank you for your recent order. We have yet to receive the out-of-stock item(s) noted below, but we have more on order with the manufacturer. We will ship them to you as soon as we receive them."

The problem is that they didn't tell me the product had already been sold out, and I had to call them more than a week later just to receive this information. The way it's written in the email gives the impression that the item is just in transition inside their stock and will be shipped when ready. Summing it up, I had another good guitar on Craigslist that I could have bought, and now it's gone too. Sorry Guitar Center, you just lost a customer for life.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I just want to thanks Elias** from Guitar Center located on Orange Blossom Trail store in Orlando, for your patience and special attention in solve all my problems with my order although I'm 10.000 miles away from the store. I hope to deal with Guitar Center Orlando in the future, especially with Elias **.

Original review: May 13, 2017

I saw a guitar which I was looking for at the Guitar Center in San Antonio. I called them. The staff members there confirmed the availability of the guitar and its excellent condition. I made the order and its payment immediately that morning. However, in the late afternoon, the Guitar Center sent me a note stating that it was out-of-stock. I asked them for the reason considering that the local center had confirmed with me right before my order. No reply. The next day, I received a note of order cancellation. No explanation. No apology. What a waste of time dealing with those people who have no business ethics or courtesy.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I looked into an item several months ago on Guitar Center's web site and, because I needed to check shipping, input my debit card information. I did not place an order at that, or any other, time and I did not set up an account (i.e., did not authorize them to store or use any of my information). Yesterday, I found that Guitar Center had deducted $300 from my bank (the information for which they should not have kept) for an order I did not place; they have refused to refund this amount. This deduction caused me $70 in overdraft fees, which they also refused to refund.

In addition, one of their representatives informed me that the item in question had been shipped to an address other than mine but refused to provide that address to me, even though the item had been charged, and billed, to my debit card. Having spent the day speaking with various organizations (i.e., BBB, PA Attorney General's office), I found that Guitar Center is NOTORIOUS for fraudulent billing, unlawful storage of customers' financial information, and unauthorized "purchases" amounts being illegally charged to customers. STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! They will store your financial information, remove money from your account without your knowledge or permission and refuse to refund the monies they STOLE from you!

Original review: April 17, 2017

Back in early March or late February I purchased a seafoam green bullet for $99. Thought it was a great deal and my favorite color too. After a few days it seems to have issues holding tune and what not. Then I notice gap on the top side neck and the neck is not properly seated. Since it needs better strings and a setup I decide to look at neck pocket. I notice the router and the factory miscut due to the gig wasn't properly seated. Since I've been so sick lately I've not had strength to deal with fixing or returning. But, when I tried to I noticed more things. In the past I owned a used/vintage guitar shop. So I know better than most of GC's employee's.

The holes were not aligned right. The holes were widened (that's bright, huh? Lol) and I noticed it was resprayed after the holes were modified and the under color was probably white. So they knew, tried to modify and shipped anyway. What bothers me is that its beginners who buy these and I'm betting they give up not realizing the guitar is defective. The next Hendrix might have been missed because he bought a huge strat-like paperweight.

Not sure if guitar center knows but the subcontractor that manufactured knew because it's obvious they hid it. Have lots of pictures of it so denial is futile. Called Guitar Center in La Mesa. Put me on hold for about 15 minutes or so and dumped my call... Seems like common policy in these parts. So I'm here and hope they take accountability and attempt to make things rights (remember those days? Lol). Let's hope they do.

Original review: April 8, 2017

Purchased used guitar online. Received confirmation and my credit card was charged. The next three days my order still showed processing. I call Customer Service, hours later I get an email that they sold the guitar and it's no longer available. After I ordered the guitar I sold one of mine to offset the cost of buying the one that I ordered. Now, I have neither. Guitar Center said maybe they can find a similar guitar. Well, I found that they have a "open box" guitar of the exact model. I asked if they could give me a discount off of the open box guitar. They declined, said they would not offer a discount on it. This is lousy customer service and probably one of the reasons I hear that they will be out of business soon. I for one will never set foot in a Guitar Center again. I will take my business elsewhere. Corporate Bots are so yesterday. Good riddance.

Original review: March 24, 2017

This whole nightmare started 3 days ago when an order was placed for 7 items through Guitar Center's over the phone retail associate. I specifically informed the associate the order placed would need to arrive before Saturday as I'm flying back to California for funeral arrangements. Everything was fine. He assured me that the items will most likely arrive on or before Saturday. A business day has since passed and decided to check on order status. Shipping information was not updated and was still showing information unavailable so I decided to call back Guitar Center. I spoke with a couple different associates before being transferred to a verification manager. She explained to me that this is a standard process for order to be verified by the bank before processing and shipping. I once again stressed the level of importance and why I made the purchase on Wednesday over the phone to avoid any interruption and inconvenience.

After going back and forth I brought up purchasing next day air shipping in order to get this matter resolved. Here we are now on Friday and went to check status of shipping again and found that one package that contained my Pioneer DJM-909 mixer had not been shipped out yet, so I called Guitar Center once again to find out what the hold up was. I was informed that an employee that was handling the package went home early and the item was not shipped out. I had been dealing with this matter since Wednesday and at this point I have decided to write a review with the hopes of my story being heard. This has by far been the worst Guitar Center experience I have had to go through.

Original review: March 12, 2017

I was told by sales representatives ** and somebody else at the store location of 18361 Euclid St, Fountain Valley, CA 92708 that the finance option through their financing company "Synchrony Bank" that the credit inquiries were soft credit inquiries. Moments later after the credit pull I received notification that I had not only one but two hard inquiries recently made. I don't know if they feel it is necessary to lie to their clients to make commission or whatever the case may be, but if they were unsure they should have contacted their financing company to figure it out rather than giving false or inaccurate information. I was trying to refinance my house and that is now completely out of the option because again, I have not only one but two unauthorized hard inquiries on my credit. Thanks Guitar Center!

Original review: March 4, 2017

I ordered a guitar through them on Feb.17. Shortly after the email confirming my purchase I got an email stating that it was "out of stock" and "on backorder" and they would notify me when available. So about a week or so later I call just to get an eta and the customer service rep said rough estimation I should have it around March 10th. No big deal. I was already waiting why not wait a little longer. I bought it at good price on press day weekend so it selling out could be suspected I suppose.

So some time goes by and yesterday March 3rd I went to their site to show the guitar I'm so patiently waiting on to someone and it now says In-stock and ready to ship. So I thought maybe they got a shipment from the manufacturer so I give them a call to get an idea of when I was going to get it because I had hadn't received an email yet. So I call and the cs rep says the guitar's been discontinued and says he will go ahead and cancel my order for me and the only thing he offered was the same guitar in a different finish at about twice the price.

What angers me is not that the guitar is discontinued (that's out of their control) it's that they never notified me. I would probably still not know had I not called and even worse it still shows in stock ready to ship today March 4th. I will no longer be doing business with them and I am going to figure out how bad it will hurt my credit to close my gear card.

Guitar Center Company Information