1.71/5
Based on 41 reviews that contain star ratings

46 Bodybuilding.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I've ordered from Bodybuilding.com years ago and was always satisfied with their product selection and prices. However, I haven't shopped there in a while because I don't use supplements as often anymore. My grandmother has cancer and has been undergoing chemotherapy. She's completely lost her appetite and has lost a lot of weight. Since she doesn't eat, she's become weak and is wasting away. The only thing she can barely eat are meal replacement shakes from the store, and she is very particular on what brand and flavor she can stomach.

I checked the nutrition labels and these shakes aren't very calorie or nutrition dense. But it got me thinking about weight gainer shakes and that maybe she would be able to drink them instead. Weight gainer shakes would provide much more calories per cup and maybe it would help give her some strength back. But since my grandma is picky with flavors, I wanted to buy her a sampler pack that contained as many brands as possible. Unfortunately, nobody sells a weight gainer sampler pack. So I call up Bodybuilding.com to see if maybe they have it or they can make a custom order for me.

“Cheat day Colin” answers the phone and patiently listens to my long story about my ill grandma and my plan for her involving the sampler pack. He checks for me but there is no way to set up a sampler pack. He gives me some good suggestions on what to try, but also offers to send me some of the Bodybuilding.com weight gainer as a courtesy to my grandma’s situation.

I’m not too concerned about my expenses trying to find the right solution to my grandma's problem, I wanted to pay for anything I ordered. I graciously accepted his offer regardless. It was the principle of Colin’s offer that touched my heart. I don’t know if my grandma will like the weight gainer, or if it will really work for her, but I will never forget Colin’s and Bodybuilding.com’s generosity.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Bodybuilding.com and DHL eCommerce showing that my product is delivered but actually not. Another thing is my Bodybuilding email not working, many times I tried to reset password, site shows link has been sent but not, Please help me.

Get expert buying tips about Health Products and Supplements delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2018

After reading some of these reviews I'm convinced people will complain about the most minuscule problems. You're really going to complain that it took 6-7 days when it was estimated 5 days?! Most of the time it's the delivery services' fault. Once they ship it it's out of their hands. SMH. Now for my actual review I've never had a problem in 7 years of purchases. They have the best deals and easily the fastest shipping. My most recent purchase I made the mistake of buying protein synthesis when I thought it was protein. MY MISTAKE. I messaged them. They replied instantly and understood what happened. They were so cool about it that they let me keep the item. I mean that's real service right there and one of the many reasons I won't go to a rip off place like NutriShop. The real mistake here would be purchasing elsewhere besides Bodybuilding.com unless you're cool with losing money.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I have been ordering from this online company for over a year. All my protein powder, amino acids, protein bars and preworkout come from this company. I must say that not only they have very reasonable prices, their delivery is amazing. I always get my order at my door in one day! I recommend this company to anyone who is looking for reliable supplier with great prices!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

The email I had used to order my items was not working and it had already passed the date on which I was supposed to receive my items. I contacted support, and they contacted me within the hour with my tracking info and package status after I gave them my name and the items that I am having shipped. They were not only very prompt, but kind about it even though it was my mistake, I would highly recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bodybuilding.com?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I had placed an order to be delivered in India and it's been over 7 weeks and the package is nowhere. Bodybuilding says it is with customs however customs says they haven't received the package. So whatever happened. As a customer I have paid but without any delivery of goods. Never order from them outside US, there is less than 50% chance it will ever make it to you.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I have usually had a positive experience when I get a product from Bodybuilding.com. Mainly that is because I have never had to talk to customer service. The product will take over a week to get here now after being projected it would be here in two days. It is now be 8 days so I reached out to customer service. I talked to Dillion and said I was disappointed as I would have just bought it in store if I knew it would be this long. They ended up saying it's up to 5 business days even though it will now be 6 business days. And then proceeded to argue how many business days it would be with me over and over and never addressing the issue of I am not getting the product I ordered in the amount of time I paid for shipping. And that if it would have been this big of a hassle I would have went to GNC and bought it and would be 5 days into using the product already.

Original review: May 9, 2017

I had a great experience with this company. The gentleman was kind and even offered me workout tips ANYTIME I wanted, I just had to call. Seems like everyone that has trouble with this company lives outside the USA, so maybe you should look in to another company if this is the case. They are not responsible once the item is shipped. Shop local, you can't go wrong, plus it's better for your economy and environment.

Original review: April 8, 2017

Unlike the other comments I see at this site regarding Bodybuilding.com I have a very good experience with them. My first order did not arrive in the Philippines. Upon emailing their customer service, their staff were very helpful and quick in their reply. Eventually they re-shipped my order and it did arrive this time within a month. Well done, Bodybuilding.com!! Professional service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

I'm great customer of bodybuilding but I'm very disappointed in my last 2 orders. I'm live in Israel and never happens, always I received my orders on time but the last 2 never came and bodybuilding in the first order give my money back. Not complete but ok, after then I make new order and never came and now bodybuilding doesn't want to give my money back, is not fair isn't my fault problems with shipping. I need my money back.

Bodybuilding.com Company Information