3.7/5 (34 ratings)

About Bodybuilding.com

Bodybuilding.com is a retailer that sells fitness vitamins, supplements, accessories and clothing. Bodybuilding.com sells vitamins, supplements and protein bars from its own Signature brand in addition to third-party offerings. Bodybuilding.com provides access to workout plans for weight loss, muscle building and getting fit for a monthly fee.

Bodybuilding.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bodybuilding.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bodybuilding.com?

Original review: March 2, 2021

I ordered a home gym from Bodybuilding.com on 2/7. On 2/8 my account was updated to say: Date Ordered: Mon, Feb 8, 2021. Status: Shipped on Mon, Feb 8, 2021. The order time was 7 to 10 working days. But Covid and all I have been patient. Fast forward three weeks and on 2/26 I contacted bodybuilding.com's customer chat support to ask where my delivery was. I was told that it was coming from a third party supplier (something I was never told before payment) and they would get back to me within 48 hours about the whereabouts of my shipment.

Fast forward to 3/2 and still no communication. I got in touch with them again and was told, "This is actually being drop shipped from a 3rd party supplier and we do not actually hold the product at our own facilities. The last notes that I am seeing is that the vendor informed us that the product was backordered which was on 2/26. We suspect your order will still be fulfilled once the supplier receives more stock. However, we can contact the vendor and request a cancelation a refund if you prefer."

Which means 1) their third party supplier didn't even backorder the item until I complained on Friday and 2) bodybuilding.com doesn't bother to even follow up once they send your money off into oblivion. The support tech "suspects" I may one day miraculously receive my item. WHAT A JOKE! Now it's 2 weeks of red tape apparently to get my refund. This amounts to fraud. They took my money and lied about my shipment being sent. Please don't use bodybuilding.com if you expect to actually receive a product.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I have purchased different supplements over the years from BodyBuilding.com and they have also been prompt to get my orders shipped. I recently bought some Bucked Up pre workout, and it was shipped within days of purchase. I will for sure purchase there again!

Get buying tips about Health Products and Supplements delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I have been buying from BB.com for years, as has many friends and family members. I have recently been stationed at an overseas post in the EU and purchased about $120 worth of supps. The package came within 2 weeks, but due to the bad packaging, two of the three items were damaged and had leaked out powder from the package. It looks like the box had been smashed in transit due to the products being crammed inside, without any padding, and no room for movement.

I reached out to BB.com to inquire about how we can proceed, they sent me a generic email back stating they're having a high volume of inquiries and will respond soon. This was almost two weeks ago. I would normally not care and just start shopping elsewhere, but due to their $45 shipping charges I would like a resolution. It seems neither BB.com or their shipper, DHL, care about keeping or gaining customers as they will take your money and then hang you out to dry should issues arise. I understand things happen but ignoring customers and issues will be the death of this company. Tip for BB.com: look at the long term game, not the short game. Losing a little now would make you a lot in the future.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

They sent an email stating product was shipped and updated multiple times that the product was received by a local carrier for days. Sent multiple emails regarding non delivery of their product and they have not responded except for an auto generated response if we are busy. Very poor service.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

I have to be honest, I have read a lot of these 1 star reviews and I completely disagree from my personal experiences. I've been buying from this company for years and had nothing but amazing experiences.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Not recommending to buy from Bodybuilding. I buy on a regular basis from several companies my supplement. It was my first time buying from bodybuilding. It will be first and last buying from them. It took nearly two months for the shipment to arrive. This company is not recommended. Be aware!!! Also the package came completely damaged and poor customer service...

Original review: April 27, 2020

I ordered early April and Bodybuilding recently decided to cancel the order. There were two items initially on backorder which became available not too long ago. Now if I had to reorder the items previously purchased, I would have to pay more since the sales aren't the same. I suspect they cancelled the order because of the sale and are using Bait-and-switch techniques.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

They offered 50% off their products. I click on the very first product and it won’t give me the discount. So I go on their chat and am told “they ran out but there’s other products to try”. Sounds like the old bait and switch to me. This isn’t the first time I’ve encountered this with them - but it’s definitely the last. I don’t do business with dishonest companies.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I placed an order today which was buy one EVLUTION for $19.99 or get 2 for $25 dollars. Minutes alter I received an email from Bodybuilding with shipping instructions and that's when I realized I had made a mistake. I placed an order for 1 EVLUTION FOR $19. 99 instead of the 2 for $25. Immediately I called Bodybuilding customer services phone number and explain the situation to the representative and without hesitation NW Nick told me, he will look into it. Long story short NW Nick added another other for me at NO additional cost. That's what I call GREAT customer services. Highly recommend doing business with Bodybuilding and NW Nick.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I used this for many years... Since they bought out, now everything very expensive. You can buy same quality product from outside... from many websites. Like Amazon, eBay.. There many out there. Thank you.

Bodybuilding.com Company Information