Find a Movers partner

3.4/5 (35 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Radius Moving and Storage

Radius Moving and Storage is a New Jersey-based moving company that serves the continental United States with local, interstate and long-distance moving services. In addition to transport, the company also provides packing and storage services for homeowners, renters and business owners. To get a quote, fill out a form on the website or call Radius Moving.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Full-service moving services
    • Secure short- and long-term storage
    • Screened and fully trained employees

Cons

• Only available in continental U.S.
    • No online pricing

Bottom Line

Radius Moving offers local, interstate and long-distance moves in the continental U.S. Customers can get a full-service move or just transportation for their belongings. Short- and long-term storage are available.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Radius Moving and Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Radius Moving and Storage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Radius Moving and Storage?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Horrible experience with this moving company. If I could give them minus 10 stars, I would. They’re completely unethical, I honestly don’t understand how they are still operating business. Terrible customer service, they’re all about money, money, and more money. They charged me almost twice as much of what they originally quoted me, they overcharged me for boxes and packaging supplies they never used. When I called to discuss my bill, they gave me the worst possible treatment and yelled at me saying someone else will call me AGAIN to discuss the issue!!! They are HORRIBLE... DO NOT USE THEM!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. This company is totally dishonest. They gave me an estimate on the phone of about $11,000, but when they showed up they admitted their estimate (done without any inspection and strictly over a detailed checklist with someone named Donovan over the phone) was wrong and tried to upcharge me to $22,000. I fired them on the spot, but they would not return my initial payment of $3,560. I paid the initial money by credit card and then disputed the charge when they put it through. They claimed I had had addition items that I refused to pay for and cancelled the move. In fact, I had no additional items. Their estimation procedures were faulty and they underestimated the size of my move by a factor of 2. The foreman admitted to me that I had answered their questions and estimate form accurately but that they did not realize the actual size of my move. Avoid this company. Read the other poor reviews on this site.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I've been writing reviews in various outlets because I feel, as consumers, this is the most we can do to deter or avoid unethical practice. The original moving company I signed up with called on the day of the move to say they can't make it. Radius sales rep understood my predicament and solicited service and confirmed he has a truck available to move that same day. It turned out to be an intentional lie. The dispatcher was surprised and since then I was never able to reach anyone from Radius moving company.

I called the sales rep and he never answered the phone. I called the number provided on the website and it went to voicemail every time. No one called back. I emailed "Donovan" and not a single response. In the end, no idea when the movers would come, no service, and then no refund on the deposit ($855). Again, no one answered the calls or returned my messages. The deposit was never refunded. 2 weeks later, I continue to try to reach someone and left messages. No contact.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I had called for an estimate for moving from N.Y. to AZ. They gave me their estimate and I said I would let them know. Meanwhile, after calling several movers for estimates, I felt I could do better with renting a truck from Budget and move my things myself. About a week after I called Radius, they called me back to see if I was going to hire them. I told them I was going to move myself with a Budget rental. He began to tell me all the reasons that was a bad idea when we got disconnected. A few minutes later he called me back.

He told me he went on Budget's website and looked at their prices. He began quoting their supposed prices, all the while telling me how much more it would cost me. I told him the prices he saw are not the ones I got. I got discounts for several reasons. He tried to argue the point with me then suddenly said, "You know what? Do it yourself. ** you." And hung up on me. They have got to be kidding. That's how they run their business? I was actually thinking, maybe it isn't worth the effort of doing it myself. If I decide to hire someone, they will not be on the list of businesses I ever call again, or recommend to anyone.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My mother always said if you can't say something nice about someone or something then keep your mouth shut. Well I am safe here. Have only great things to say about Radius Moving and Storage, Clifton, NJ. They are so very professional, the communication was great and the movers were nicer. The price was very competitive as well. Have had so many bad experiences with moving companies in the past so couldn't be any more pleased that I chose Radius Moving. Don't hesitate for a second to check them out. You will be glad you did.

Original review: May 11, 2018

DO NOT USE RADIUS MOVING! Radius Moving is an awful company, run by a bully, who refuses to accept responsibility for any mistakes, of which there are countless, as it pertains to their contracts and customer service. Their staff, especially the owner Michelle **, was especially nasty when confronted with anything other that passive conversation. Our contract with them was last summer, and we have exhausted every possible avenue, legally or otherwise, to try and recoup money for damages and lost items, but unfortunately there really is nothing we as clients could do.

We contacted Radius to help us move from our two bedroom, two bathroom condo in Norwalk, CT to a storage unit in Pittsburgh, PA. Their sales representative gave us their document that listed a binding estimate, ensuring us that no matter what happened (in his words, “unless you have a elephant hiding in your condo, nothing will change”), that amount of money would be what we paid. Their representative also said, despite several requests to do so, that they would not need to have anyone come out to confirm the amount of items we had. We went with them because they offered the best price. This is how they trap you; because they will just skyrocket the price later.

Upon arrival, it was quickly obvious that their sales representative had no idea how much goes into a two bedroom, two bathroom condominium. We had already filled up the allotted dimensions estimated within 3 hours of loading the truck and the condo was barely packed. The foreman contacted Michelle, the owner, and was able to negotiate a fixed price, however it was more than double what the binding estimate was. Michelle threatened us by saying our options were to pay half of this amount now, or unpack the truck. We agreed to pay hoping that we could negotiate during transport.

Two weeks passed while our property was sent to their warehouse and before everything arrived. Countless phone calls trying to contact Michelle were met with sales reps saying they left messages for Michelle, or just silence. At one point, after being on hold for 30 minutes, we tried from another phone to get in contact with someone. After explaining the fact that we had been on hold for that amount of time, the sales rep put us on hold, but did not do so correctly. We could explicitly hear someone on the other line say “if they’ve been on hold for an hour, they’re *explicative” stupid.” They immediately realized we were able to hear them and hung up. After calling back and trying to confront them, they of course denied it.

Finally, on a Sunday with less than two hours notice, Radius Moving contacts us to inform us our property would be delivered to our storage unit, and that we needed to pay the second half of our bill. At this point, Michelle is finally able to call us back, and proceeds to demean, insult, and talk down to us about how we made the mistake and she will hold our property hostage until we pay up. Not wanting to deal with this bully any longer, we reluctantly agree.

After the items were unloaded, we returned to sort through everything. We quickly found that they had damaged a good portion of it. A sharp garden tiller was placed next to our guest room furniture, completely ruining the headboard and dresser. Multiple picture frames were shattered, furniture was repeatedly knicked along with fabric torn. Our ceramic crockpot was also completely shattered. We also realized that two boxes containing kitchen items was missing. This included our wedding china, coffee mugs, water glasses, and several other items. All told, we were either missing and had damaged property worth about $3000.00. And this is after they more than doubled our original bill.

We informed Radius of this, and their only response was to file a claim with their insurance group. We did so and they said they could only award us $90.00. We explored legal action, to which Radius ignored, and at one point even returned our legal documents saying it was the wrong address (Again, Radius Moving returned legal documents mailed to them saying it was the wrong address for Radius Moving). Our lawyer said that even if Radius Moving is found guilty in court, we would not have any way to actually recoup money from them and the process could drag on for years.

Radius Moving claims to have the best interests of their clients in mind. They write it on their website. But they are liars, they are bullies, and they show no remorse for anything wrong that they have done. They cornered us into paying more than twice what they quoted us with a binding estimate, then lost most of our kitchen items, then damaged our property by neglecting to properly arrange everything in a storage unit. Do not make the same mistake we did. DON’T USE RADIUS MOVING!

Original review: April 12, 2018

They were fantastic. Super competitive quote by a friendly, competent and quick surveyor. Two removal guys turned up on time and were super quick, efficient and helpful making what could have been a very stressful day with 3 kids under my feet absolutely seamless. Full three bedroomed house move completed in four hours from starting loading to full unloading. Everything was put where I needed it to be and even involved getting a settee out of a window!!! Top class, could not recommend highly enough.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Highly recommend! Radius Moving and Storage handled my mother's local move in the area from a one-bedroom apartment to another one with great speed, efficiency and professionalism - and at a very reasonable cost. She is retired, and they saved her money where they could, even giving her a Sr. discount. Communication was excellent. We worked with Michelle in the office, and then with them as our movers. They were all great and we would definitely use them again. Very trustworthy and do what they say they'll do, and all charges were estimated up front and put into writing - there were no surprises or 'hidden' fees after the move was completed. Also very easy to work with, and accommodated our requests. We appreciated all of their efforts for a job well done!

Original review: March 15, 2018

Hands down the best moving company I have ever used in the 4 moves I have done! We have used them four times now and wouldn't use any other company! They are 100% trustworthy, he is very communicative with bookings, he is GREAT when he comes to do the evaluation of how much it would take as far as time and manpower. I really can't say enough about the integrity and all around quality of this company and their men! They are a group of men who are not changing month to month but men who have been with the company for a while and that really says something! USE THEM! You won't be disappointed! I decided to use them based on reviews and I certainly wasn't disappointed!

Original review: March 6, 2018

It’s satisfying to work with professionals like these guys. Customer service was excellent and the price was accurate. I was moving my office and needed to get it done fast to keep the business running, fortunately these guys managed to deliver next day. They evidently are very organized, since the schedule ran as planned. I wont hesitate to hire them again if I had to move again.

Radius Moving and Storage Company Information