2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.38/5

Get matched with the right moving company for your needs.

Based in New Jersey, Radius Moving and Storage provides relocation services all around the United States. The company works on a 4-step process of estimating, packing, transporting and unpacking. Radius Moving’s services include full service moving, long distance, packing supplies, packing service, secure storage and commercial relocation.

Radius Moving and Storage Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2018

I had called for an estimate for moving from N.Y. to AZ. They gave me their estimate and I said I would let them know. Meanwhile, after calling several movers for estimates, I felt I could do better with renting a truck from Budget and move my things myself. About a week after I called Radius, they called me back to see if I was going to hire them. I told them I was going to move myself with a Budget rental. He began to tell me all the reasons that was a bad idea when we got disconnected. A few minutes later he called me back.

He told me he went on Budget's website and looked at their prices. He began quoting their supposed prices, all the while telling me how much more it would cost me. I told him the prices he saw are not the ones I got. I got discounts for several reasons. He tried to argue the point with me then suddenly said, "You know what? Do it yourself. ** you." And hung up on me. They have got to be kidding. That's how they run their business? I was actually thinking, maybe it isn't worth the effort of doing it myself. If I decide to hire someone, they will not be on the list of businesses I ever call again, or recommend to anyone.

Original review: May 22, 2018

My mother always said if you can't say something nice about someone or something then keep your mouth shut. Well I am safe here. Have only great things to say about Radius Moving and Storage, Clifton, NJ. They are so very professional, the communication was great and the movers were nicer. The price was very competitive as well. Have had so many bad experiences with moving companies in the past so couldn't be any more pleased that I chose Radius Moving. Don't hesitate for a second to check them out. You will be glad you did.

Original review: May 11, 2018

DO NOT USE RADIUS MOVING! Radius Moving is an awful company, run by a bully, who refuses to accept responsibility for any mistakes, of which there are countless, as it pertains to their contracts and customer service. Their staff, especially the owner Michelle **, was especially nasty when confronted with anything other that passive conversation. Our contract with them was last summer, and we have exhausted every possible avenue, legally or otherwise, to try and recoup money for damages and lost items, but unfortunately there really is nothing we as clients could do.

We contacted Radius to help us move from our two bedroom, two bathroom condo in Norwalk, CT to a storage unit in Pittsburgh, PA. Their sales representative gave us their document that listed a binding estimate, ensuring us that no matter what happened (in his words, “unless you have a elephant hiding in your condo, nothing will change”), that amount of money would be what we paid. Their representative also said, despite several requests to do so, that they would not need to have anyone come out to confirm the amount of items we had. We went with them because they offered the best price. This is how they trap you; because they will just skyrocket the price later.

Upon arrival, it was quickly obvious that their sales representative had no idea how much goes into a two bedroom, two bathroom condominium. We had already filled up the allotted dimensions estimated within 3 hours of loading the truck and the condo was barely packed. The foreman contacted Michelle, the owner, and was able to negotiate a fixed price, however it was more than double what the binding estimate was. Michelle threatened us by saying our options were to pay half of this amount now, or unpack the truck. We agreed to pay hoping that we could negotiate during transport.

Two weeks passed while our property was sent to their warehouse and before everything arrived. Countless phone calls trying to contact Michelle were met with sales reps saying they left messages for Michelle, or just silence. At one point, after being on hold for 30 minutes, we tried from another phone to get in contact with someone. After explaining the fact that we had been on hold for that amount of time, the sales rep put us on hold, but did not do so correctly. We could explicitly hear someone on the other line say “if they’ve been on hold for an hour, they’re *explicative” stupid.” They immediately realized we were able to hear them and hung up. After calling back and trying to confront them, they of course denied it.

Finally, on a Sunday with less than two hours notice, Radius Moving contacts us to inform us our property would be delivered to our storage unit, and that we needed to pay the second half of our bill. At this point, Michelle is finally able to call us back, and proceeds to demean, insult, and talk down to us about how we made the mistake and she will hold our property hostage until we pay up. Not wanting to deal with this bully any longer, we reluctantly agree.

After the items were unloaded, we returned to sort through everything. We quickly found that they had damaged a good portion of it. A sharp garden tiller was placed next to our guest room furniture, completely ruining the headboard and dresser. Multiple picture frames were shattered, furniture was repeatedly knicked along with fabric torn. Our ceramic crockpot was also completely shattered. We also realized that two boxes containing kitchen items was missing. This included our wedding china, coffee mugs, water glasses, and several other items. All told, we were either missing and had damaged property worth about $3000.00. And this is after they more than doubled our original bill.

We informed Radius of this, and their only response was to file a claim with their insurance group. We did so and they said they could only award us $90.00. We explored legal action, to which Radius ignored, and at one point even returned our legal documents saying it was the wrong address (Again, Radius Moving returned legal documents mailed to them saying it was the wrong address for Radius Moving). Our lawyer said that even if Radius Moving is found guilty in court, we would not have any way to actually recoup money from them and the process could drag on for years.

Radius Moving claims to have the best interests of their clients in mind. They write it on their website. But they are liars, they are bullies, and they show no remorse for anything wrong that they have done. They cornered us into paying more than twice what they quoted us with a binding estimate, then lost most of our kitchen items, then damaged our property by neglecting to properly arrange everything in a storage unit. Do not make the same mistake we did. DON’T USE RADIUS MOVING!

Original review: April 12, 2018

They were fantastic. Super competitive quote by a friendly, competent and quick surveyor. Two removal guys turned up on time and were super quick, efficient and helpful making what could have been a very stressful day with 3 kids under my feet absolutely seamless. Full three bedroomed house move completed in four hours from starting loading to full unloading. Everything was put where I needed it to be and even involved getting a settee out of a window!!! Top class, could not recommend highly enough.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Highly recommend! Radius Moving and Storage handled my mother's local move in the area from a one-bedroom apartment to another one with great speed, efficiency and professionalism - and at a very reasonable cost. She is retired, and they saved her money where they could, even giving her a Sr. discount. Communication was excellent. We worked with Michelle in the office, and then with them as our movers. They were all great and we would definitely use them again. Very trustworthy and do what they say they'll do, and all charges were estimated up front and put into writing - there were no surprises or 'hidden' fees after the move was completed. Also very easy to work with, and accommodated our requests. We appreciated all of their efforts for a job well done!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Radius Moving and Storage?

Original review: March 15, 2018

Hands down the best moving company I have ever used in the 4 moves I have done! We have used them four times now and wouldn't use any other company! They are 100% trustworthy, he is very communicative with bookings, he is GREAT when he comes to do the evaluation of how much it would take as far as time and manpower. I really can't say enough about the integrity and all around quality of this company and their men! They are a group of men who are not changing month to month but men who have been with the company for a while and that really says something! USE THEM! You won't be disappointed! I decided to use them based on reviews and I certainly wasn't disappointed!

Original review: March 6, 2018

It’s satisfying to work with professionals like these guys. Customer service was excellent and the price was accurate. I was moving my office and needed to get it done fast to keep the business running, fortunately these guys managed to deliver next day. They evidently are very organized, since the schedule ran as planned. I wont hesitate to hire them again if I had to move again.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I moved from Manhattan, NY to Aliso Viejo, CA on January 30th. I have finally settled in and had the chance to go through my items. At the time of my pick up, the movers arrived a little later than I expected which was a little annoying. They explained that the traffic in New York and parking was very difficult; which I understood as long as they provided good service. I was nervous because of the time restrictions for the elevator. Time was of essence. My Items were packed and moved out of my building quickly.

When I received my shipment in CA, I had very minor damages. One of my Tupperware containers was broken. After all the horror stories I read, I didn't expect things to go as smoothly as they did. Terry was great and so was the crew. Sometimes it was hard to reach the driver to get status, however, I always received a call back within the hour from him or Toni. I am happy with the company I chose.

Original review: March 1, 2018

This moving company is professional! Our family had a good experience with our first move. We disassembled all of the furniture right down to their components but were worried that wouldn't be sufficient, however; they dealt with the whole thing. They arrived early and moved everything out of the condominium inside 55 mins. Wrapped all the sensitive things in moving blankets and loaded it in the truck. Drove to the new condo and carefully hauled items out of the truck into the new place. The team was courteous and professional, I highly recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Great price, great guys, great service. Thank you for making a very stressful day slightly less stressful. The team was very professional and friendly. Arrived on time and got straight to work and by the time we got the keys to the new house, additional members of team came along to help move us in. They even moved items of furniture already in the house. I would highly recommend Radius Moving and Storage to anyone considering using a removal firm.

Radius Moving and Storage Company Information