2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.75/5

Get matched with the right moving company for your needs.

PODS is a moving and storage company that provides customers an innovation solution. PODS delivers a level container and allows unlimited time for individuals to load and unload their belongings knowing that they will not be damaged.

PODS is a great solution for personal belongings or business equipment. We promise to provide convenient, flexible, security, and control for your storage or move. Call us today for a free quote!

PODS Reviews

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I’m not at all happy with my PODS experience. First of all, the pod was dropped off when I wasn’t home and was delivered about as far away from my building as it possibly could be. I know that this was not the driver's fault because he claims he didn’t have enough room, but it was still inconvenient. Then, when I arrived home and tried to open my pod, it was completely stuck shut. Four people tried opening it together and it wouldn’t budge. I called pods customer service and they were perfectly nice but seemed unconcerned and basically said they would get someone out when they could, but it clearly wasn’t a priority. I had to call multiple times and kept being told that the manager at the local storage location was “working on it” and would call when he had an update. I never got a call.

The next day, after calling again and being told the same thing, the same three people and I tried to open the pod again. This time we were able to lift the door enough to start pulling some items out and clear the door. When we finally got it open all the way, we discovered a huge mess. There was broken glass all over, everything had toppled over despite being tied down and covered with protective blankets, and the most unfortunate part was that much of my grandfather’s irreplaceable antiques were broken beyond repair. I’m not sure what happened during transit, but something clearly went wrong as evidenced by the fact that my tv was literally snapped in half and an antique marble table top was shattered into multiple pieces. I would be very cautious about using PODS, especially if you have extremely valuable, antique, or irreplaceable items.

PODS response

This is not the experience we wanted for you, Chelsea, and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would like to know more, please reach out to us at socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID so we can take a look.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Delivery to MA. This is the second of two PODS being delivered. They were very helpful, courteous and prompt. They put the PODs exactly where I wanted them without question. I'm very happy with the company and would recommend them to anyone needing to move.

PODS response

We really appreciate your review, Sean! Prompt service is what we expect of ourselves and we're always glad when others recognize it!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

We needed to move to another state but didn’t have a place to rent right away, so while we searched needed a place to stash our things. PODS is a great idea implemented into a good company that allows you to do just that. So we’re very satisfied customers.

PODS response

Thanks so much for your review, Taty! We're glad to have helped you with your move, and hope to help you again with any future moving/storage needs you may have!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Delivery was fine BUT POD pick-up was supposed to be on 2/8/20 per a previous call. This info was not transferred to my order details. Also, the workers I hired to remove items were more costly than advertised. Everything else went smoothly.

PODS response

Thanks for your review, Henry. We'd like to learn more about your experience with us. Can you please reach out to socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID so we can take a look?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I have been telling everyone to get a POD! I can't believe how easy and efficient it was to use a POD. The company communicated with me numerous time during the process. And I can't believe how well my items traveled! Nothing moved inside the POD! I can't recommend this service enough!

PODS response

Easy and efficient is exactly how we want everyone's experience with us to be, Lesley! Thank you so much for your review and recommendation!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I used Pods to move & because of circumstances I had to rent for several months at $163 per month. So when I got to the month of pickup I called ahead of time on Dec. 11 which was before Dec. 18 when my recurring charge. The lady said they were booked up but could pick up on Dec. 21 but promised I would not be charged for Dec. 18. I was ready for the pickup but they did not show up. They did show up several days later. After repeated calls & assurances I never received the December credit of $163 even though the promise of refund is noted in their computer. I had already paid them over $800 so feel they owe me the $163 for December charge especially since the promise of that refund was given & even documented in the computer. Promise.

PODS response

We'd like a chance to connect with you about your concerns so we may best assist you, Beth. Please reach out to socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID so we can take a look.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

When scheduling my POD delivery the person on the phone told me not to schedule movers for that specific date, I found this odd, and booked movers for the following day. My POD did not arrive the day it was scheduled and when I called to find out the expected delivery no one could get in touch with people in my local office nor any of the drivers and therefore could not locate my POD. It ended up being delivered 3 days late. Everyone I spoke with kept assuring me my POD would be delivered either that day or first thing in the morning, despite being unable to locate it. It was not delivered first thing in the morning and greatly delayed. I urge people to NOT use this company as they are unreliable and inefficient.

PODS response

It's disappointing to hear this has been your experience, Kristine. We'd like to research this further and learn more. Can you please reach out to us at socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID so we can take a look at your account?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

When I originally quotes my move from California to Virginia the total was approx $1800. They told me it was fine to leave my POD in CA until I had an address in VA. I have now called twice and given two different quotes at MUCH higher rates than what I was quoted prior to them having possession of my household items. January 23, 2020 I was quoted $2786.44 to bring my POD to VA. February 4, 2020 I was quoted $4000.00 to bring my POD to VA.

When I asked about how the price jumped almost $1000 in 12 days I was told that they are now using "Summer Rates" It is FEBRUARY. I was also told the rates change daily and that it will just keep getting higher every day. At this point I am now looking for an honest moving company to get all of my things out of my POD and bring them here. Do not under any circumstances ever use PODS. We did not have a choice since I'm a single Mom and it was the most affordable option at the time... Or so it seemed. Now I know it's just a dishonest company once they have your possessions.

PODS response

We can understand your frustration, Amanda. We'd like to take a look at your account to get a better understanding. Can you please send us an email at socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

My family hired PODS to help us move from Texas to Virginia. We were told our pod would arrive in Virginia by February 1st barring inclement weather. I confirmed this date with them a few times and we had reserved a loading dock, had people coming to help us move everything and on January 31st at 3:00 PM, they called and said the pod was delayed until February 4th. No explanation (we drove the route and weather was not the issue), no offer of assistance. We have two little kids and had nowhere to stay and they couldn't help me with that at all. I was never able to speak to a single person who could explain what my options were. I was told it would be 3-5 business days until I heard from someone in their customer resolution center. My husband had to start work on February 3rd and we have no one to help us move our stuff in when the pod is supposed to arrive. I would not recommend using PODS. We had a very unsatisfactory experience.

PODS response

This is certainly not the experience we hoped for you, Kelly. Please reach out to us at socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID so we can take a look into this.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

The Pods experience was great. Delivery was professional and within the window indicated. My only complaint was the way the Pack and Load service packed. We had damages to several pieces of furniture. Also we could not find the hardware build them furniture when Pack and Load unpacked the Pod. So I was pleased with the Pod itself experience. I also was pleased with customer service on the phone when I called several times for information. Thank you.

PODS response

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Teresa. Please email socialmedia@pods.com so we can help connect you to the folks at Pack and Load so they can look into your concerns and best assist.

PODS Company Information