2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.02/5
Based on 1,265 ratings submitted in the last year

Take a Moving Companies Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

PODS rents containers to movers interested in partial do-it-yourself moves in 44 states. Unlike other moving companies, PODS doesn't charge based on the weight of your possessions. Instead, the company's costs are based on the number of containers you rent and the rental period. PODS rents on a month-to-month basis.

Take a Moving Companies Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

PODS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about PODS?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

They have given me different pricing each time. They have now charged my acct over 1200 to move the pod 50 miles because they now say it's long distance. Worst company ever! No one will investigate it.

PODS response

We'd like to connect with you to learn more and address your concerns right away, Sabrina. Can you please email socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I used PODS to store furniture for a renovation project and it worked out well. They delivered the POD when they said they would and picked it up in a timely manner. The price was fair also. An all around good experience.

PODS response

We appreciate you taking the time to spread the word about your satisfaction with the level of service PODS provided. Thank you, Artisan!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Pods offer an efficient and professional service. They bring your pod on time and pick up whenever you're done with it. It's easy and convenient. I would highly recommend them for your moving needs. I only used them once but was very happy with the service.

PODS response

We’re delighted to hear about your experience! Thanks so much for sharing, Yasmin!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Service is horrible. They say they will pick up but show up and leave. They charge your card before they even complete the service. Cannot reach anyone by phone, it's at least a 45 minute hold time. The associates are unable to contact the facilities that do the deliveries and pickups, they won't give you a contact and you are just waiting for a call to come that never does. Drivers are violent and threatening to customers. Stay far away.

PODS response

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, Joann. We certainly don’t like to see this. We encourage you to send us an email at socialmedia@pods.com with your customer ID and additional details so we may best assist.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I think they are a good company, they did good work. And everything was just like before. And other friends of mine have used them and had a good experience with them. But they. Do not unload your stuff that is the only thing I did not like about them.

PODS response

Hi, Kris! We don’t offer packing/loading assistance, but we know a few local companies that do! They know our PODS containers inside and out! Please visit pods.com/packing-and-loading-assistance for more information. Thanks for stopping by and providing your feedback! We hope to see you again!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Fast and reliable service - they are careful of surrounding structures and are exceptionally skills in maneuvering in tight spaces. Their costs are reasonable and it's nice to not have to rush to pack your belongings.

PODS response

We’re happy that you're pleased with your service from PODS and look forward to doing business with you in the future, Keri! Thanks for the great review.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

They deliver pods for filling up and pick upon completion. They also hold the pod until ready for delivery to new location for emptying. The pods are clean and kept safe at location from damage. Their rates are very reasonable. Have not experienced any negative issues.

PODS response

We appreciate you taking the time to spread the word about your awesome experience. We have your back when you need us again, Hitomi!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

First, the convenience. I sold my house without another to move in to. Therefore, I was temporarily living with my son's family, so my belongings had to go in storage. The idea that someone would drop the storage unit in my driveway so I could fill it at my leisure, and they would pick it up and move it to a storage facility was perfect. The problems came when I had it delivered. It was the day after Thanksgiving, and it was the last day of my billing month.

When I called them on that day to come and pick up the pod they refused, which ended up costing me another full month, $269. They told me they would pick it up on Monday. However, I moved into a condo complex and a snowstorm was predicted for Saturday. The manager of the complex told me I had to get the Pod out of there right away or they would have it towed. I called Pods and relayed that message to them. Because they didn't want the Pod towed, they came and picked it up and added another $100 fee. As far as the convenience, there are other companies out there who do the same thing, and will prorate the charges by the day.

PODS response

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your feedback with us, Ann. Your concerns will be elevated to the appropriate team as we depend on customers such as yourself to let us know how we're doing and what we can improve. We appreciate your willingness to give us a second chance in the future so we can better demonstrate the level of service we strive to provide.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

My experience with PODS was excellent up until I had to schedule my pickup/delivery to the new address. It was advertised on their website that due to volume I should schedule it 7 days ahead so I called 10 days ahead. Unfortunately they just flat-out tell me they will pick up the pod from the current address (and deliver it to my new address) 2 days after I actually need it. But by that time I will not own the current address anymore so that really gets me in trouble. They have no option for me whatsoever other than "nothing we can do, you need to deal with your buyer." They will neither accommodate picking it up earlier than my ideal date (even if I am ok with paying the storage fees). It's just "No".

PODS response

Hello, Flavius. We have been in contact with you regarding these concerns. As we shared, our team is looking into your concerns further and will reach out to discuss. Thank you for your continued patience.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Beware of this company. They are way over capacity yet continue to accept thousands of dollars in payments for new orders. It was fine on the MA end but FL is a nightmare. First I was told the truck broke down which initially I believed. That caused a 1 day delivery delay which I really didn't object to. I figured things happen and I already have a home in FL so I was not really anything more than slightly inconvenienced. I emptied the POD a full 24 hrs prior to scheduled pick up. My pick up window was 7:45 AM to 10:45 AM. The driver called about 8 am to confirm he would be here in a few minutes. Never showed. Called at 1:45 pm to find out the status. Was told if it wasn't going to be picked up that afternoon it would be next day. The customer service person filed a red flagged report. No response to that and no delivery time for next day.

Today I called and was told that it was not picked up because I said it wasn't empty and I was out of town!! An utter lie that now I have to deny. They have re-booked me for a 10/31 pick up. That is 2 weeks past original date. I have nowhere to park and am about to be fined by HOA. I have been accused of lying and there is no one to escalate a complaint to beyond one against driver which has a 3 day response time. Beware of paying for a POD. They take your money knowing they are way overbooked and weeks behind.

PODS response

We have been in contact with you regarding these concerns, Suzanne. As we shared, our team is looking into this matter further and will reach out to discuss on Monday. Thank you for your continued patience.

PODS Company Information