2 Crown Relocations Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 10, 2018

I moved from Canberra to Brisbane with Crown Relocations with a three bedroom house and a spa needed to manage my spinal disability. It takes a truly special degree of incompetence to break as many items as Crown Relocations broke. I do not know how an organization so lacking in competence stays in business. They broke my antique cabinet, smashing the central door with its ornate shaped mirror. They broke numerous other smaller items of value to me. They also smashed my spa beyond repair. This has had terrible consequences for me financially and physically. It will take some time for me to recover physically from the damage to my body that Crown Relocations inflicted.

Thanks to their dodgy insurance arrangements I am $11,000 out of pocket and have had to take out a two year loan I can ill afford to pay for a replacement spa. Crown Relocations did not merely damage my spa. They destroyed my health and functionality for three months leaving me in unbearable physical pain. Their response when trying to resolve the dispute was appalling. Essentially they couldn't care less what damage they have inflicted and claim that all due care was taken with my items. What a furphy! Items do not end up smashed beyond repair when all due care is taken with them. If this is an example of all care being taken by Crown Relocations it is a sad indictment on its competency. People need to be warned to never use the dodgy services of Crown Relocations lest they incur serious damage.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I used Crown because of their reputation and based on assurances from Crown staff. I paid over $9000 US to ship my items from the UAE to the US (NY then to FL). Crown assured me that they had the expertise to handle my move. I interviewed several companies but went with Crown based upon their assurances. When I received my shipment, my leather sofa was extremely sun damaged, as well as wood items & artwork collected from around the world. Crown prides itself on using one umbrella company - Crown - to handle the complete move. Other companies only handle part of the process and then contract the rest out, which is why I didn't use them. After the damage was discovered, Crown personnel took no responsibility for what happened. No explanation was given.

My shipment was packed in January, 2018 in the UAE and arrived in NY in March, 2018. This was careless. Excessive heat shouldn't have been an issue given the time of year. The items were not packed properly for shipping and/or storage. I may (the operative word being may) be able to recover some insurance to cover the partial cost of my sofa. But, that means I am still out of $9000 plus that I paid Crown to pack, move, ship and store my furniture. Essentially, I paid Crown a lot of money to damage my household items and then deliver them to me. Definitely not worth the time or effort and I would not recommend Crown to anyone either in the US or overseas. Very disappointed.

Get expert buying tips about International Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Crown Relocations expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Crown Relocations is a shipping company that ships fine art and other valuable items both nationally and internationally. They specialize in shipping items of large sizes that carry great monetary value. The company has over 50 years of experience.

• Attention to detail: Crown Relocations places a lot of attention to detail when it comes to transporting art, such as temperature conditions, extra packing needs, insurance to cover the expensive art and more.

• Art handling experts: They have a number of case studies that detail how they undertook both large and small art handling jobs successfully, and helped galleries and museums set up shows around the world.

• Countrywide partners: They work with partner companies around the world to make sure your belongings are passed into good hands and delivered safely by a local professional.

• Specialize in families with children: In addition to art handling, they also provide excellent help and resources to families with both older and younger children, both in advising parents on how to manage kids' expectations during the move as well as on how to make sure that kids' stuff is separated from the parents if needed.

• Customs: The company is good at dealing with customs and filing out all the paperwork necessary beforehand in order to ensure that the orders do not encounter any problems while crossing borders.

• Best for: Families with children, art dealers and private art collectors who need to safely transport artwork.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Other
Hong Kong
www.crownrelo.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business