1.0/5 (11 ratings)

About Crown Relocations

Crown Relocations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crown Relocations?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Crown Relocations?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Moved from South Africa to Doha. Air freight incomplete at arrival (missing documents and other items). No back up, no explanation, no research done by Crown. Unexisting service. With sea freight we had more missing and badly damaged items. Some of them not even appearing on our packing list, therefore impossible to have it reimbursed (all my CD collections was missing, no trace of it on the packing list, outrageous!). I did a detailed research of how and when things have gone wrong. Despite having spent days to connect the dots, and doing the work that Crown should have done, it took months for them to get back to me, after many mails, with no help, no apologies, no solution. Departure date from SA to Doha was wrong. Arrival into Doha as well. We did not have any temporary storing space because of this mistake. So another stressful event.

While doing my own research I heard from house personnel that the crew was drinking while packing my stuff (I am asking myself if missing objects on my packing list have been done on purpose, or just because crew was presumably drunk), In my opinion it is really outrageous that this company is still allowed to work. I have never been reimbursed for the missing and damaged items. Means I paid an insurance for nothing, and of top of it, incurred on high costs of replacing/repairs. Crown kept hiding from my mails, my phone calls. I believe I said enough to make you understand in which dangers you can occur by using Crown relocation. Good luck with finding a suitable and reliable moving company!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

We selected Crown as they were an international company for our move from France to Australia, and paid a substantial price premium for the privilege. On the French side, things seemed to run relatively smoothly, although we did subsequently discover some strange packing choices. Everything was marketed as "Books", "Linens" or "Houseware", which caused massive confusion at the other end. What the decision to disassemble, or not, was also a mystery. We had two identical beds. One was broken down into about 200 pieces and the other ones shipped whole.

At the arrival end, it was a disaster. They initially showed up with a container that had other people's stuff in it. The first question the foreman asked was how little we wanted unpacked (we had paid for a full unpack) as they had another job to get to. Because of the bad labelling of boxes, we had to open every box before telling them where to position it, which for some reason was our fault (in subsequent correspondence we were told we could not make up our minds as to where to put stuff which created extra work for the crew. No wonder as we could not tell what had been packed.

Certain things that had been disassembled could not be reassembled by the crew, but Crown very kindly offered to arrange a handyman to come to do it for us, $300 per hour for a minimum of 3 hours, at OUR cost to fix what they disassembled. Needless to say we declined, with the result that certain items had to be marked as broken and thrown away. We had several interactions with them afterwards and when I wrote a letter to the company to summarise what had happened, they basically responded with a series of lies - including how long, and how many agents, they had on-site, which was vastly overstated.

In addition, we had (to be honest) a small amount of breakages and damages. But getting compensation for this, even though we had bought their very costly insurance, was a battle, involving multiple emails, forms and constant follow up. It was if they thought that we would give up and forget about it. Once things started to go wrong, customer service went out the window. So don't confuse their slick sales process with what you will experience once you have paid your money. My advice - go elsewhere!

Get buying tips about International Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I asked Crown to take care of my moving from London to Singapore and I have been extremely disappointed for below reasons:

- I had to send several emails to make them work on my quote, edit it. I was the one who was moving forward to make things done.
    - Expensive quote compared to others without any quality reasons based on below comments.
    - They asked another provider White company to take care of my moving without letting me know... Meaning the day of the pick up, I had to open my door to a company I've never heard of.

- White company's delivery wasn't good. They didn't have any cutter to open my boxes. So they didn't take any empty boxes. I had a bike they dismantled they haven't been able to reassemble because of above reason.

I used Crown when I moved from Singapore to London and it was good but for this moving service was terrible. I will never use Crown again. Don't recommend it

Original review: May 4, 2020

My experience was with the Crown Relocations office in California in the Southbay. The office was unprofessional, unorganized and rude. I needed to move my household internationally and it took them forever ( while all my things were in storage) to get everything ready. They tried double charging me and overcharging me. I asked several times to Dianne that works there to please let me me know ASAP when we could start the move. She ignored my emails and let 6 weeks go by until I went over her head and had her boss take over. SHE STILL tried to overcharge me and charge me with WEIGHT of the cargo AFTER I removed more than half the items that were not going on the cargo. My things were packed horribly and there were NO apologies. As of today, 6 months later, we have to remind them to stop charging our credit card for storage. Please don't use them. NIGHTMARE.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Stay away from them! To say we were dissatisfied with the service would be a huge understatement. We have had relocated a few times and never had any issues. We hired them to ship our belongings from Singapore to Sydney and here is what went wrong.

1. Quote – we were quoted over the phone 8cbm. Our shipment ended up being 12.7 cbm. Substantial volume and price difference.
    2. Communication – was appalling. We had to chase for every update. Forms were not check and were returned by customs etc.
    3. Timing of shipment – we were told it should take 6-8 weeks. Reasonable time frame considering it took 6 weeks to get our stuff from Sydney to London. We received our shipment exactly 3 months later!! My baby has outgrown clothes that were in the shipment!
    5. Lost items – half of my shoe collection was missing. This include Chanel, Tods, Gucci, Giuseppe Zanotti etc. All shoes were in boxes so we are not talking about a few random items that could have been misplaced. Two large boxes have gone missing and shipping company I trusted with my possessions had no clue!

6. In all the mess with communication we didn't get the Crown insurance and therefore we were not compensated. Thousand of dollars worth of goods were stolen and all we got "sorry for your experience".

Do your research and stay away from this guys.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

We moved from Netherlands to Nepal and Crown Relocation did an extremely poor job from the very beginning. I have relocated several times over the past 3 decades and never experienced such poor service. It began with wrong quotation. Delay in correspondence and finally poor packaging of my household goods. Many of my precious collections are damaged beyond repair due to poor handling and packaging. They have remained stubborn on their stand on packaging standards. They must have used a local packer in Amsterdam who were not well trained to handle transcontinental moves.

They have packed porcelain bowls in paper with other heavy steel kitchen equipment and left the cartons half empty without ensuring protection from shift of goods during transport. Similarly several of my valuables has been packed in the same manner leading to quite a lot of financial loss. The cartons are rather thin and no protection has been ensured against water seepage. Very poor service and quality of response and support. Will never use them and will tell all my contacts to avoid their services. They have proved very incompetent.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I tried to ascertain a ballpark figure on having 1 prebuilt shipping container brought in from Shanghai China to Auckland NZ. I told them the overall weight, the outer dimensions, also assured them of container certification as well as to structural certificates and they just placed it in the too hard basket. The world is booming in shipping container home builds and other countries like Canada are building AND shipping worldwide. Crown Relocations have no strategy yet for this.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My husband and I recently moved back to Sydney Australia from Wanaka New Zealand and decided to use Crown Relocations because of their reputation and great assurance by their staff of their ability to take care of it. I paid over $NZ10,000 to ship all our furniture and personals all of which was only 2 years old. We were assured by the sales person sent out to quote us that everything would be handled by Crown, personally disassembled, packaged or boxed, loaded into the container and then shipped to Sydney, cleared by customs, delivered to our new address, unpacked/unwrapped and reassembled then rubbish taken away. Our New Zealand part of this experience carried out their part to the letter!

Two very professional young men dressed neatly in Crown union with all the required tools and equipment and got promptly into packing our household away in boxes, loaded the container and completed everything as they had promised. We cannot praise them enough, unfortunately this cannot be said about the Sydney end of our experience.

We booked in a time for the delivery and amazingly they did arrived within 30 minutes of that time but from there it all went pear shaped... Two very unprofessional looking guys jumped out of the truck with cigarettes in their hands, neither checked to see what access was like, neither had any tools or moving blankets with them and when they did finally see the front door entrance proclaimed that they couldn't possible deliver the 2 x lounges unless someone helped them. My husband & I promised we would assist and suggested that they be lifted over the balcony and even provided a blanket to protect the railing and the lounges. Then they proceeded to open the door to the first of the wooden containers and one of them had to hold the boxes back from all falling out while the other unloaded some of them. They then proceeded to start bringing them and dumped them in rather unceremoniously in the rooms we designed.

Then things went from bad to worse, the 65" TV which the young packing guys had taken so much care in packing came in to reveal a huge hole punched into the box which had gone straight through to the TV screen leaving a huge dent and cracks running the full length of the screen, another box containing the dining table top also had a hole punched in it but fortunately for them it was on the underneath. They then started ripping off the packaging in such a manner that you couldn't see the floor or move without tripping over it. They unpacked one of the beds but left it laying in the room un-assembled and the other bed was left in all its packaging. At no point did they offer to unpack the boxes.

Once they had delivered all the items in the containers they couldn't wait to get out of our apartment so consequently most of the rubbish is still waiting to be removed. When we did unpack the bed there were scrape marks on the edges where it had obviously been dragged along something. This is nothing like what we were promised!!

Crown's claim to fame is that they look after your items from pack up to delivery and disassemble and re-assemble, which is why we went with them. But they do not deliver on that promise!!! I feel extremely ripped off, I only got half of what I was promised and now we have to wait for an insurance claim to go through for a smashed TV which we paid $6100 NZ for and if we're lucky we'll receive $4699 AU because that's the replacement value. I'd like half my money back because I certainly didn't get what I paid for. I have sent a number of complaints to various email addresses and to date there has been no explanation given and no apology!!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I did a relocation with Crown from Abu Dhabi to Egypt and the estimate time for the shipment to arrive was between 6/8 weeks. The shipment arrived after 10 months and when I received the final bill surprising I read Storage fees that I never asked for it and was about 10 days storages at the port. When I asked why there is storage fees the company answer me is normal for small shipment. It mean if the company knows why I didn't get any information before? If my Shipment was "on time" why I should pay the storage fees? This is the second shipment that I had with Crown Relocations but I will not have the next after this unprofessional manage experience.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I moved from Canberra to Brisbane with Crown Relocations with a three bedroom house and a spa needed to manage my spinal disability. It takes a truly special degree of incompetence to break as many items as Crown Relocations broke. I do not know how an organization so lacking in competence stays in business. They broke my antique cabinet, smashing the central door with its ornate shaped mirror. They broke numerous other smaller items of value to me. They also smashed my spa beyond repair. This has had terrible consequences for me financially and physically. It will take some time for me to recover physically from the damage to my body that Crown Relocations inflicted.

Thanks to their dodgy insurance arrangements I am $11,000 out of pocket and have had to take out a two year loan I can ill afford to pay for a replacement spa. Crown Relocations did not merely damage my spa. They destroyed my health and functionality for three months leaving me in unbearable physical pain. Their response when trying to resolve the dispute was appalling. Essentially they couldn't care less what damage they have inflicted and claim that all due care was taken with my items. What a furphy! Items do not end up smashed beyond repair when all due care is taken with them. If this is an example of all care being taken by Crown Relocations it is a sad indictment on its competency. People need to be warned to never use the dodgy services of Crown Relocations lest they incur serious damage.

Crown Relocations author review by Jessica Render

Crown Relocations is a shipping company that ships fine art and other valuable items both nationally and internationally. They specialize in shipping items of large sizes that carry great monetary value. The company has over 50 years of experience.

• Attention to detail: Crown Relocations places a lot of attention to detail when it comes to transporting art, such as temperature conditions, extra packing needs, insurance to cover the expensive art and more.

• Art handling experts: They have a number of case studies that detail how they undertook both large and small art handling jobs successfully, and helped galleries and museums set up shows around the world.

• Countrywide partners: They work with partner companies around the world to make sure your belongings are passed into good hands and delivered safely by a local professional.

• Specialize in families with children: In addition to art handling, they also provide excellent help and resources to families with both older and younger children, both in advising parents on how to manage kids' expectations during the move as well as on how to make sure that kids' stuff is separated from the parents if needed.

• Customs: The company is good at dealing with customs and filing out all the paperwork necessary beforehand in order to ensure that the orders do not encounter any problems while crossing borders.

by Jessica Render ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team, Jessica Render is dedicated to providing well-researched, valuable content designed to help consumers make informed purchase decisions they can feel confident making. She holds a degree in journalism from Oral Roberts University.

Crown Relocations Company Information