1.12/5

Compare Movers

Compare Movers

345 Allied Van Lines Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 25, 2019

They kept foisting new charges on me, right from the start. They lost stuff, jewelry was stolen, they broke a lot of our furniture, they lost/stole multiple totes of videos & music CDs. They lie and tell you that you're covered, they ask you to sign documents on the delivery day, when of course you cannot get everything unpacked, and then say because you signed you cannot file a claim. They are charlatans and scammers. Every single one of them, from the sales person to the claims adjuster. They will not pay for your claims, they lie and tell you to file a claim and they will take care of you. Literally the worst customer service of any company I've ever worked with at any time in my entire 53 years on the planet. They should be ashamed of themselves. The value of the things they lost/stole/broke is greater than what we paid for the move, which was almost 12K and they said they will reimburse us $75.00. They are just bad people.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Packers should have better training. We hired packers to pack my 87 yr old mother's belongings because we were in FL & she was in PA. When the movers arrived in FL & started bringing in boxes, it was a total disgrace. 80% of boxes were crushed. I've never seen anything like it. Movers told us the packers should have filled boxes more so when they were stacked, they wouldn't get crushed. Also a lot of items were broke. Things were just thrown in the boxes. Lamp shades were put in boxes with other heavy items & they were dented. My Father was a mover for 25 yrs. I know how boxes are supposed to be packed. I read on their website how the packers are trained. Well after paying $400 for them to pack & our experience, I would not recommend Allied packers. There is a $500 deductible. Items weren't expensive, so to pay that is not worth but buyer beware, pack your boxes.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Moved from Pa to Texas in Oct 2018. First day driver backed off driveway and got stuck in yard, needing tow truck to pull him out. Supposed to load out house in one day----it took three. Took over a week to get to Texas --a three day drive according to other truckers. When he arrived, he couldn't backup to the storage unit so I had to rent a larger one so he could get there (only one left). When the three man crew started unloading, they wouldn't slow down so I could find and check off the item. After two hours of trying to check off items, I gave up.

We left everything in storage until we bought our house. When we finally emptied the storage unit into our garage, we found a lot of crushed boxes and totes with broken covers. What we didn't find was a brand new 4000 generator and two one of a kind antique painter ironing boards. When I put in a claim,for only the missing items--the Allied agent in Pa said we probably packed the broken totes wrong. I put in a claim within the nine months allowed but I was told the claim was denied because I did not check the items off as they came off the truck. The claim is not that much compared to the cost of the move. I would STRONGLY not recommend anybody use Allied Van Lines. They will not live up to their promise to take good of your property

Original review: May 21, 2019

This has got to be the worst moving company in the history of moving companies. They will give you a ship date and then ship it at their convenience. I had been given a firm ship date and then two days before it was scheduled to ship I was told it wouldn’t be shipping until 8 days past the scheduled ship date. Now mind you I’ve had many, many conversations with them and not one time did they mention a delay. They will not return phone calls nor will they reply to emails. When you call you will have to leave a message and they will get back with you at their leisure. They will pass blame and not commit to anything. Customer service is a total joke too. They wouldn’t help one bit. They basically read you company policy and ask you if there is anything further they can do for you. Never, never again.

Original review: May 10, 2019

This was the worst experience ever and the compensation and lack of customer service were virtually non-existent. Oh except the continued comment on both emails and letters. "We are sorry for any inconvenience." Huge inconvenience! Denver to Pittsburgh promised to pick up from my storage units. No driver was available. What? You are a moving company! They took my belongings to storage in Colorado Springs. It sat there for almost a month before slowly making its way to Pittsburgh. A MONTH! I had to sleep on an air mattress for a month, buy fundamental necessities (which they eventually reimbursed) and I was inconvenienced over and over again day after day continuously inquiring about my belongings.

Items that should have been moved twice were moved FOUR times. So many broken and crushed items totaling about $3000. With my purchased insurance, they refunded $250. Absurd. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Don't use this company as they will lead you to believe that all will be taken care of since they have been in business so so many years, it speaks to the service. What a joke.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Van Lines?

Original review: April 30, 2019

Extremely disappointed with this company. We moved from San Diego to Denver CO. Packers came to pack then the next day to load. They arrived 3 days delayed at the destination in CO; missing 8 art wall pictures, mirror and an entire section of my luxury bag collection ($$$$$). I filed a complaint and insurance claim and yet nothing.

Allied tells me there were no stops except for one resident unload prior to us. When they packed on day one, the driver asked for me to pick up food which created an opportunity for theft. They also damaged all of my Derby hats and missing one my most expensive one. They failed to load the piano books into a box, when I received the bench, the antique bench had a very large crack in the leg and another small one. They were careless with the items. When they moved our brand new treadmill, they never wrapped it in blankets, I mentioned that the base alone is 500 lbs and would require body straps, they ignored my comment and dropped it twice breaking both ends of the tread.

I have moved 17 times since 1997 and have used packers many times and never once did I experience theft and damage. My luxury bag collection is precious to me and irreplaceable. Now we waiting for the insurance that we have that doesn't cover my total loss. The packers are definitely shady and I highly recommend that you do not use Allied/Coleman for your move. You will get robbed!!! They unloaded items and 5 photos that weren't ours during the move, see attached photos.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I hired Allied to move me from Las Vegas to Seattle. When the movers arrived at my house in Las Vegas the took apart furniture and started a "parts box". When the truck arrived in Seattle the "parts box" was not on the truck. This had the parts to ALL of my furniture which meant they could not reassemble the furniture they took apart.

The driver noted on my paperwork that the "parts box" was missing. I had to pay for a flight to Las Vegas to look around my old house for the parts box and eventually found it. When I returned I emailed Allied asking for them to send their crew out to assemble the furniture THEY took apart and they refused. This is something they would have done when they delivered my stuff but now will not complete. I also asked for reimbursement for my flight I had to pay for to correct their mistake of leaving the parts box and again they refused. I don't think I am being unreasonable is what I am asking but their customer service is awful. DO NOT USE ALLIED.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Allied Van Lines is just plain crooked. I signed on the dotted line for a "not to exceed" guaranteed price. When they delivered my belongings, they demanded nearly $2000 MORE, saying they would not release my possessions unless the total new amount was paid. Their contractors they source to do the move - a total joke. They loaded hand trucks so high that they couldn't see over them, repeatedly slammed into stacks they couldn't see to avoid, causing boxes to tumble and more items to break. Items that were wrapped at the time of pickup were unwrapped at the warehouse with severe damage ensuing, resulting in over $10000 worth of items ruined. Their so-called insurance? They cut me a check for just over $500. Total criminals.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I had Allied move my furniture to my new residence last year and wanted my possessions put it in a storage facility until my house was ready for it. While the property was being removed from the van it was noticed that a table was damaged. I contacted Allied and some insurance agent called me to say that they would not cover the claim because it was moved into a storage unit. The logic to this escaped me as there is no provision in the contract as to this being an exclusion nor does it make sense. I contacted them again to make a formal complaint and was referred to their move.org website if I wanted to request arbitration. I twice filed the application as they claimed they had lost the first one. They then went totally silent on me and will not respond to any emails or will set the matter down for arbitration. It's been almost 8 months. My experience with their misrepresented claim procedures is an issue others should be aware of.

Original review: March 3, 2019

In June 2018 we contacted Allied to move my then 96 year old mother from Sugar Land, TX to Aiken SC. The contract was finalized on July 5th and paid in full ($7746.59). Then things went downhill. On the day the packers were to arrive, my sister (who had flown in from Maryland to assist) called to ask where were they. The office was contacted and no one knew about the move...it had not been entered into the scheduling computer. Well that was a fine note. Having flown my sister to town; had flights set the following evening for my sister and mother to fly to South Carolina, it was going to be an issue making adjustments. After several hours for various phone calls with a staff that was mildly rude, it was determined they would send a packing crew and transport crew at the same time. So the following day both crews arrived.

The truck was in a hurry as they were already scheduled and this was an extra job that was holding them up. Items were packed and carted straight to truck. After the last boxes were loaded, my sister was trying to confirm the manifest...but the truck had already left! Flights were taken as planned and the delivery crew arrive within the requested window. Early on a broken lamp was noted. With no listing for the number of boxes or what was in them, we could not verify that everything arrived. The carrier insurance (we took the full policy) was contacted. They said we had a year to file any claims, so unpack as time allowed. My Mom's new space was approx 40% of what she had, so unpacking and finding space/places for things too several weeks. Multiple items were missing, but only one item (Stiffel lamp) was damaged.

Fast forwarding 8 MONTHS, we received a payment for the lamp that will not cover repair or replacement. The insurance agent told us we needed to count every box and itemize packed goods before the truck left. Now how was that to happened when you (Allied) forgot about our move? The crew was rushing to get out...we were not allowed on the truck...we tried to get an inventory but they had already left. Bottom line, she is out lost goods (my sister agreed to a modest sum much to my mother's disagreement just to get this ended), but Allied rejected the claims. My Mom got moved. It was costly, both the move and lost/damaged goods. I would not recommend Allied/Coleman. We have documented the entire process more thoroughly than this review and filed with the Better Business Bureau.

Allied Van Lines Company Information