2. Movers
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.95/5

Allied Van Lines is a moving company offering local, long-distance, international, residential and corporate moves. It provides a wide array of moving services, including online tracking, full-service packing and full valuation coverage. Allied’s costs can be high, but customers enjoy the peace of mind they get from its long history of successful moves.

Allied Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Van Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Van Lines?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

Moved and stored our belongings for 6 months until we were ready to move into our home. They picked up, carefully wrapped our furniture moved into a storage warehouse. They were great on the delivery end also. They were professional and used care during each phase of our move.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I moved cross country. I paid extra to expedite the move; it arrived a week late. I was heartbroken that many of my things were damaged and destroyed and not replaceable. I filed a complaint but have not heard back. I also spoke with someone in customer service who said she would call me back. After waiting 2 weeks, I called her. She initially picked up then after looking up my contract number the call got disconnected. I tried to call her back and left messages and have not heard back nor has she tried to reach me. Customer service has made a bad situation that much worse. I would never used Allied again. I have never filed a negative review before. Moving experiences in the past were uneventful; I had no idea things could go so wrong.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I contacted this company by phone to see about getting a quote on moving from our home to a new home that was 12 miles apart. The home we were moving from was a 1 bedroom 750 sf home. The price they gave me was outrageous. I contacted another moving company (Two Men and a Truck) and they were less than half the cost. I would not recommend Allied.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I moved after 46 years. I was supposed to get North American because I had Read the reviews but their parent company Allied showed up. They came with nothing, no extra boxes, nothing. Suppose to shrink wrap my husband's wood, antique, irreplaceable high chair that made into a table and chair. Never did. It broke into pieces. Lost lamp shades to three lamps. Lost my teak patio bench. Lost my Cosco folding tables (2) from Costco. Lost my kitchen pans. The list just goes on.

My things went into storage they broke stuff putting it in storage. Gave me the bill of lading. I paid in full with a cashier's check that was required. No credit cards or there was a fee. Then several months later some woman called me. Wanted another $213.00. Said the driver didn’t charge me enough but he gave me what the company charged. Decided after a month wasn’t worth the stress so paid over the phone with a credit card, amazingly no fee. Then a month later said I hadn’t so I had to send proof on my CC Bill I had plus the copy they had sent me that I had. That woman is no longer employed there and hasn’t been for over a year. By the way the driver retired not too long after my move. I Felt since I was a female and a widow I was taken advantage of. Never use Allied again.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I contracted Allied Van Lines in 2004 to move from Long Island, New York to Charlotte, North Carolina. At the time we contracted, they proposed a maximum price of $5,400 for my move, when destination was reached, they held my contents hostage unless I paid $7,200 for the move. I was panicked and needed my belongings so I paid the gouged higher price! This is criminal activity and I was too young and broke to sue them or otherwise recover their obvious bait and switch tactic ransom up-charge!... Stay away from these crooks!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Very reliable company. Great workers. Came on time, moved furniture in a timely manner, neatly replaced furniture. They were cheaper than most moving company. Thanks Allied. The experience was alright with me.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

From start to finish, working with Allied was a terrible experience. First, we were told that the movers would come on a certain day, and when I called to confirm 2 days prior (because I hadn't heard back via email to confirm), I was told the movers would actually take 2 days and would come the next day. Next, when items were being packed, an entire closet was missed (Luckily, we did a walk through before we moved). Finally, Allied lost nearly $3,000 of items in our move, including our wedding silver, an unused designer purse and attachments for our Dyson vacuum (not to mention things we likely haven't noticed). When I submitted a claim, I was told that since we signed for our items, the claim was invalid (as if one could actually know what was in every box the day they were dropped off). We paid $14k for the pleasure of this terrible experience. AVOID ALLIED AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

The whole experience with this company was a nightmare. One day for boxing took 3 days. All the boxers did was complain. Showed up late and no motivation whatsoever. Asking is this going or that going. Each time YES we are moving out of state and taking everything. When boxers were done they had left all their trash (empty table wraps and drink bottles) all over the house. Truck comes and they can't load it all. So we had an overflow truck come out. We were heading to our new home the following day. It is getting around 8 PM the day before. They are rushing to get stuff on the truck. They weren't even wrapping the furniture or labeling the boxes at that point. Our overflow stuff sat in their warehouse for a month (We already paid them the full amount of almost 13 grand).

Our stuff was picked up by a driver after a month and was on his truck for almost 2 weeks before we got it. This is where it gets really ugly. Furniture coming off the truck hadn't been wrapped. So we have scratches on tables and busted ends on 2 of the end tables. A tall vase was brought off the truck not wrapped at all but in pieces. They brought it in our house that way. We are missing rugs and a 12 foot ladder. Not done unpacking the overflow stuff, but I am sure we are missing other items as well. Avoid this company at all costs. The only positive I will say about this whole process is that the loaders were pretty quick. Another thing is keep a garbage bag around. Drink bottles, cigarette butts, food garbage, and packing materials seem to have gotten left behind for me to clean up.

Original review: July 18, 2020

The worst moving experience I have EVER had. I’ve moved states 3 times prior. And moved 5 times within the state. Dale ** came out to walk my house. Most of our stuff was boxed and sitting in my garage. So, to me it seemed very clear how much we had and what needed to be loaded. He saw everything and gave me a quote. We received 3 bids and went with Allied. Loading day: The truck showed up with a prior load so the crew was unable to get all our stuff loaded. After trying to contact the office unsuccessfully, I was assured by the crew they’d get the rest on another truck the next day.

Allied showed up the next day with a box truck (REALLY?!?). STILL unable to load everything. I needed to leave so I could meet the driver in Utah to let him in our house to unload. Again, after being reassured they get everything I left. About 3 hours into my drive to Utah I get a call from Dale ** who then tells me that I need to pay a third party to come take apart our weight gym. THIS WAS THE FIRST I HEARD OF THIS. (Remember he walked my house and SAW everything) So, I ended up paying $300 to a third party to come take apart the weight gym while I was driving. I felt taken advantage of because I was backed into a corner. Hire the company or they wouldn’t load the gym.

5 days later the first truck showed up in Utah. Took about 6 hours to unload. 2 guys to unload and driver were excellent. Didn’t realize UNTIL AFTER THEY LEFT that they left a mattress standing up in my garage. 2 beds arrived out of 5 so my kids slept on the floor. I had to go buy a mattress so my kids had something to sleep on. (I was reimbursed – because we bought the full coverage insurance).

15 days later the SECOND truck shows up. (My kids first day of school in a new state, new school, new friends – they should have been done before they got home from school, right?! NOPE!) Took 3 guys 10 HOURS to unload. The driver worked hard. The 1st guy acted like he didn’t know anything so I stood outside most of the time reading boxes to him. The 2nd guy slept on the front lawn for 6 hours! Yes, you read that right 6 hours! At 8 pm I made a call to corporate to complain. (I missed EVERYTHING great about my kid's FIRST day of school.) They claimed they couldn’t get a couch through the front door so they left it in the garage.

68 days later the THIRD truck showed up. Half my stuff looked like it was stored outside. (Even after being reassured that it was being kept in a climate-controlled storage unit in Houston). So, what was told to me that our stuff would arrive in 7-10 days took 68 days.…BUT, I had to pay in full the first day they loaded 1/4 stuff.

The people I dealt with lied continually about the status of our stuff, never answered or returned my calls, made promises that clearly, they never intended to keep. BUT WERE PAID IN FULL THE SAME DAY ¼ OF MY STUFF LEFT HOUSTON. I’ll spare you the long list of lies I was told by Dale ** and Angie and the few others that work in the Houston office.

This ALL could have been a delightful experience IF THEY WOULD HAVE SHOWED UP DAY 1 WITH AN EMPTY SEMI TRAILER. 3 loads and with each load different items were left in my garage claiming they couldn’t get it through the door. I had to hired a local moving company 3 TIMES to move items into my house. Things were damaged along the way. The company they hired to come out to fix broken, ripped or damaged items were great to work with. This was an awful experience, awful!! I wouldn’t use this company to move if it was gifted to me. Please save yourself the stress and heartache and HIRE a different company.

Original review: May 28, 2020

We moved from Elkhart IN to Ponce Inlet FL. Paid for full pack and move with insurance $13,700. We have 4 reclining couches which required disassembly and the assembly at the new location. The assembly team in FL stripped nearly every bolt hole due to improper assembly. They have denied my claim stating the couches are functional. How about expecting them to be in the same condition they were in prior to the move. We will be moving again in about a year and the stripped threads I’m sure will be an issue. I highly recommend anyone that reads this finds a different company for their move. Allied doesn’t stand behind their work or their insurance.

Allied Van Lines Company Information