Call toll free
4.07/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Barbizon was founded in 1939 and expanded from a single location on 5th Avenue in New York City to over 200 markets worldwide. Our program provides instruction in acting, modeling as well as personal development. At Barbizon, it is our goal to nurture the dreams of every client that enters our offices and help each them discover what makes them special. Let us help you develop your one-of-a-kind “star” quality and give you the tools to help you shine!

Barbizon Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

537 Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Jada was into modelling and she found Barbizon online. It was the most reasonable modelling and acting school that met our financial guideline. Jada is into their modelling and acting classes and the enrolment experience was easy. Her experience with their staff was good until the end. I got two more classes to go and I just got them enrolled. But one of them, I’ve got to wait until she’s a little bit older. Jada loves the experience she had with Barbizon and she really enjoyed it. It also taught her a lot. Jada got to meet other young ladies and it really built her confidence up to 100%.

Get expert buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

My daughter wanted to try modeling ever since she was a baby. I enrolled her to Barbizon and she’s learning a lot of things. She can pose and she has been working on pictures and makeup. She also has more confidence now. She’s very different from when she started. She has been more accurate with her parents and she gained more experience and grew up little bit. She doesn't feel like a child anymore. Her teacher would call and tell me what my daughter is doing or what she needs before the class. She sends me papers on how my daughter is doing when she is acting or trying to make a commercial. She would also tell me to make sure my daughter is practicing and she practices in the house sometimes.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

My daughter's desire is to be involved in acting as a career. She decided that going with Barbizon seemed like a good opportunity for her. Barbizon was the first one that she has gotten information from and we liked what we heard from them. Enrolling in Barbizon was very easy. We were very impressed with the professionalism of the people at Barbizon. My daughter had to miss a couple of classes and made them up due to a school commitment and the Barbizon staff was very helpful about that. They worked with us and tried to help us make sure that my daughter could take the class again at the time that is workable for our schedule. They also always recognized her name and I was very impressed with that, with the number of kids that they see on a regular basis.

My daughter did the six-months initial training classes. And then, she is going to pass ports and we’re actually leaving on Sunday. The Barbizon Modeling program was definitely giving her a goal to work for, and it gave her some clarity into her future plans. We are a little surprised and a little disappointed that she completed her classes back in May and we still haven’t really gotten involved with the modeling or acting aspects. But we’re hopeful that maybe she can get some exposure and maybe start making some of those dreams a reality.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My daughter has always been interested in acting. We went to one of Barbizon's meetings and we really liked the lady who hosted it so we decided to go with them. Signing up was really easy. They get you through everything and they're really great people to talk to so it was a good experience. My daughter then went to all their classes and the staff kept on top of her. They were always there and quick to return our calls if we needed anything.

My daughter learned to give good job interviews and ask for what she wants. And so far, she's doing really good. She has been to a couple of competitions already. She won a competition in Indiana a couple of weeks ago and she has gotten six offers from talent agencies all over the country. Barbizon really teaches kids to be confident and have the confidence to go after what they want. Even if your kid doesn’t want to be a model or an actress, it is a great personal development program to go through.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My daughter had started modeling and she wanted to see what else is out there because she’s interested in it. She loves taking pictures and posing and doing dresses. We went to a mall and Barbizon was advertising. There were kids filling up cards and my daughter went up and filled one of those. It was super easy to sign up with them. My daughter got up and was a volunteer for a couple of things. Then, one of their reps took my daughter aside and called us to her table. She talked to both of us and said my daughter would make a good athletic wear-type model. She gave us a scholarship for it and my daughter started going.

My daughter is all done now. She did one that was right here in Utah and it was for acting, modeling, and athletic modeling. But I have not seen any change in her at all and I am kind of sorry we went the modeling direction. It has really caused my daughter to be more critical of herself and it has caused her to compare herself to everyone out there. She always came home feeling like she wasn’t as good as someone else or someone did this better. She’s only 5’3” and they really led us on to believe that she would be a model, but when she got towards the end of the class, they said my daughter has to be at least 5’4” to 5’7. 5’9” is the height they were looking for and even for a sports model, one needs to be taller. We were really misled because now my daughter hasn’t gotten anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barbizon?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Personality development is something new for my child. She wasn't really totally interested in it but she wanted to try it out, and when she started with Barbizon Modeling & Acting classes, she liked it. She was a very shy kid but she's been more outgoing when she started going to the classes and doing what they do. It helped her really come out of her shell and now, she's not afraid to talk to other people. She has always liked having her picture taken but now, instead of standing or posing awkwardly, her model brain would kick in and would do what she needed to do with how she sits, what to do with her face and head just like what she did recently when she had her school pictures done. The photographer even said she was good.

Signing up with Barbizon was very easy. My daughter loved all of her instructors and office staff. We were on the monthly pay system. There were a couple of times that payment didn’t go through, but they worked with us. They had no issue with having us pay a couple days later than what the actual payments were due. If someone would ask me about Barbizon, I'd tell them that it is worth the money. It is a little more on the expensive side, but the cost is worth it.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Colby and her girlfriends saw the Barbizon Modeling kiosk at the mall and filled out the questionnaire. They took whatever picture Barbizon wanted. Modeling was something Colby thought she wanted to do and she seemed committed to it at the time. I had a couple of extra bucks sticking around so we did it. It was a feather in Colby’s cap where she was selected to move on. She did one class in Buffalo and she was supposed to go to the one in D.C., but she had a scheduling conflict. Colby got her certificate and she is more self-confident now. She carries herself a little better. She was pleased with the whole experience and I’m happy with it too. Barbizon is a great experience for the kids but if you’re gonna spend that kind of money, make sure that it’s something that your children wanna do.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Growing up, I did not have any confidence because of how I was raised. I was not very photogenic and did not care about myself in general. Then I spoke to my friend Kylie about modeling. She told me how it helped her improve. I thought that the experience could do the same for me. She told me to search Barbizon up and how much she enjoys it. I pushed through with Barbizon because of the environment. The lady who presented it to me made it very comfortable and seem more secure. Signing up was also easy. I put in my information and was there on time. I did the classes and now, I am doing the internship for them. I won a spot for the Discovery but I couldn’t afford the whole trip. But they allowed me to start paying for the competition in December instead.

My teacher was really nice and I liked her because she was not the type that you could run around. Unlike the first teacher we had, she took control when other kids were being distractions during the class. I love to learn and I learned way more with her. Also, I had stage fright and she made it very comfortable and easier to be on stage. The best part was they showed me how to take my pictures and my angles. I’m much more photogenic and more comfortable since I was with Barbizon. My poise and manners are also now both more lady-like than they were when I first started. I would recommend Barbizon. It is the best experience and it looks good on your resume when carrying on inside the modeling industry.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

My daughter sent a picture somewhere and Barbizon contacted her. She wanted to take classes and we supported her into doing that. It was available for her and it was very easy to get started but maintaining it was not. She did the runway thing and then nothing. She wasn’t picked to move on and they didn’t call back. It was expensive, but my daughter was able to experience what it was like and she enjoyed it. I would like her to move on and she would, too, but we just don’t know what to do for the next step. Their staff was wonderful. However, that was more of a money thing. If we were pushing out money, they kept on calling. If we stopped pushing out money and didn’t do pictures, they stopped. I would tell others to do the classes only, but I wouldn’t tell them to go on after the classes. Overall though, the experience was good and it was organized.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

The signup process with Barbizon was not difficult at all. I just applied for the scholarship and then I was invited to an audition. We didn't have a previous interest in the field at all. But the actual classes for the school were beneficial as I wanted makeup skills and things that help with self-confidence.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Kylie has always been interested in acting. That has been her passion for the last three to four years and so we thought we'd go and check out Barbizon. It sounded like a good opportunity. It was not for the personal development side of it because she doesn’t have an issue there but the exposure from a standpoint of seeing about getting in front of some acting agencies and modeling agencies. After I heard of Barbizon, I checked out a few other ones. For the most part, there were good feedback about Barbizon so we went with them. It was easy to sign up but it was a lot of money I had to fork over. Even so, the interaction with the staff was good.

Kylie was chosen to go on the Passport to Discovery but because of the cost of it, we weren't able to do that. They told us that we could participate in the one in Dallas, which was much cheaper so that’s what we chose to do there. We had corresponded back and forth once we got closer to that event but since then, we heard nothing. And when she finished her classes, we didn’t hear anything either. I've been disappointed in that aspect because they told us that they would sign her up in the database and that she should be getting some calls. The only call that we've received is one phone call, and this was about a week after her show in Dallas, and it was to work at a kiosk in a mall for Barbizon and that was it.

It was a lot of money to give to not have any representation at all. They should be actively trying to put their graduates in front of agents. And I've come to find out that Dallas and Fort Worth is a large market and there's a lot of need for local modeling and acting but Kylie hasn’t been contacted at all. She actually did well in the competition in Dallas. She got honorable mention out of her entire group. So it was not like she doesn’t have somewhat of a talent at least to go to an audition. She has been doing some work on her own from the agents that she got callbacks from at the competition, but that had nothing to do with Barbizon. That was all outside agents that had come to that show.

Also, Kylie said she didn’t learn a ton from Barbizon in the classes. She's in theater at school and she said the things she has learned from Barbizon were everything she has also learned in theater. I would tell others to save their money and go take some photos of their child, and I would show them how to do it because we had to do it on our own. They should also start sending their child out to agents themselves with a little bio. But if others don’t know how to put on makeup, Barbizon may help them a bit.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

They build up the dreams of young women, tell them limited amounts of people are selected when the truth is they accept any and all that are willing to pay them money. Then if you cannot finish paying it off they will continue for years to collect even if your child is not participating in the program. And deny you refund stating you are past the refund point even though they are actively taking money for something your child never participated in.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My daughter's best friend was in Barbizon Modeling and she was already doing some modeling. With the way they were talking, my daughter got interested in Barbizon. She got picked and we signed her up with them. The program helped her with her self-esteem. My daughter graduated and received the certificate. Barbizon was supposed to send her the final packet. They said it was supposed to be mailed within two to four weeks of whenever we order it. However, it has been over three months and nothing.

She was chosen for the annual modeling performance in Dallas last July and I was able to speak with somebody from Barbizon and asked about the packet. They said that they would get to it, but I never heard back from anybody. Also, my daughter was a little disappointed because nobody ever called her back. We even went to that competition. Barbizon's staff was very pleasant though. It's a good experience for the kids and it's worth it to sign up with them.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

A Barbizon Modeling spokesperson was in the mall and my daughter signed up with them out of spontaneity. They called her and told her about things. She attended the classes once a month for six months. It was expensive but the staff was professional and friendly. Also, my daughter seems more confident now.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

My daughter and I tried out Barbizon and she loved it and talks about it. I liked Barbizon as well and I went with it. Signing her up for Barbizon was great. The people at Barbizon explained it all to us really well and it was reasonable, so it was okay. My daughter graduated in six months from whatever class or activity that was. She loved it and she still wanna do it. They taught her a lot such as how to do things and how to say things. She enjoyed it and she learned a lot. She wished she could have gone to Passport to Discovery though. But we couldn't afford it and it was interfering with her college at the time that they went. Still, I've already recommended Barbizon to friends. Somebody else would love it too.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My child has always wanted to act and model and Barbizon Modeling was the only modeling or acting school available in my area. Signing him up for Barbizon went well. The staff there are very friendly. He did some auditions and he got Passport to Discovery, but I wasn't able to go, so they scheduled us for another one. The classes were good and he already graduated. He has gained a lot of confidence and the program has made him wanna do more acting. Barbizon is a very good company for the child to start off with.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My daughter had been in modeling before. She did some classes with Robert Powers when we lived in St. Louis. I had told her that we were only gonna do that as long as she thought it was fun. She is a little older now and wanted to get back into modeling so I told her okay. Barbizon came at a good time too. She had a very rough year at the time. Her self-esteem was down and she was dealing with a lot. Part of it was also that she figured that she needed that boost. She has now gone through all of the modeling classes with Barbizon in order to get ready. She has graduated from those and then she did the Dallas competition. In a year's time, she has changed a lot.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

My daughter was always in her little circle and she never got out of the room. I wanted her to try out new stuff to be more open and I really wanted her to feel like she could have friends. Barbizon called us for an event, and she didn't want to go to the first one. Six months later, they did another event in Greenville, and we went to it. It was like an audition. She was shy at first, but I saw that she opened up a little bit more. She saw the flyer and she was interested in it. She filled out a form and I asked her if she was gonna do it. She said she was gonna think about it, so I let her and then she said she was gonna try it out. She had participated in the Greenville class and she worked one time at Haywood Mall. It was a trip that they were giving out, winning money for a scholarship and she enjoyed doing that. She met new people, and she likes it. She's gonna work at Concord mall this weekend.

I love Barbizon. Their people are very nice and thoughtful. I was very happy when they asked us to donate some toys around December and I did. It encouraged the kids a lot. Also, their program affected my daughter really good. She came home from her second class and she was excited. She showed us her walk, showed us facial masks and how to take care of our skin. She used to be an indoor girl and now, she likes to be out and talking to more people. There were three girls working with her and the last time she worked, she won an ice cream because she was the one who got more people to sign up. Barbizon changed her life a lot.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We signed up for Barbizon at the mall. Around that time, we found out about acting and modeling schools and we got more information about the industry from Barbizon. Then, a year passed and out of the blue, we got a call for an audition. The girls were interviewed and they ended up taking classes. I didn't mind paying for the classes because it was a new experience for them and they wanted to try it. The enrollment process was easy and if I had questions, I had answers. The classes the girls have taken helped them with the confidence and posture. Also, the girls always talk about the runway. They had a session at the end of every class, and Barbizon always made them walk the runway.

The modeling and acting program has been rough with the girls. I have yet to see a big accomplishment from them and I'm sure that they will get there soon. I'm satisfied with what Barbizon has provided for my girls. They love it. As a parent, as long as I see them happy, I'm happy. Barbizon opened up a lot of doors for my girls so we're looking forward to what's coming up next. Our experience has been awesome and we are still working with them. The girls are preparing for a competition coming up in December. Sometimes, one of my girls works on the weekends with Barbizon. She enjoys it and it's a new experience for her.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My daughter was interested in modeling and we wanted her to build up her self-esteem. Signing her up at Barbizon wasn't that difficult. The staff there was friendly and they always reached out. The good thing is we were able to afford it so we were able to pay the full payment upfront. Through Barbizon, my daughter has learned about what it's like to try out for things and be able to get an opportunity. We did a competition in DC that Barbizon sponsored and the talent agents loved her. But we live in Rochester so access was an issue. One of the things that we're gonna be working on because of that is to use this path to help guide us in trying to locate other talent managers.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I've known about Barbizon for 40 years. I know that they have been in business for a number of years and I felt that they have a good track record. We got involved with them when my daughter Elena signed up for more information at their booth at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield, Illinois. She took their base level modeling class and there were six different classes that were part of the class roster. So far, she has signed on with a modeling group out of Chicago and she is currently working with them on getting a portfolio put together. She's also working for Barbizon currently this summer. They also reached out to us to see if Elena would be interested in working with them or for them as an instructor.

I found my experience with Barbizon to be positive. Anytime that I've called with any questions or concerns they’ve always been able to answer my questions quickly and in a positive manner. I also very much appreciated them organizing the first open call that they did this past summer. I felt my daughter really gained a lot from that experience and she really enjoyed going to eight open calls. It was really cool. She did some online stuff like sent in photos and things like that but never really did much in the way of actually showing up in person to the open calls. So for Barbizon to organize that was a big service to the people who were graduating from their coursework. They also had an actual Barbizon rep that met the models, arranged the interview for them and escorted them into the modeling agency. That was great as well.

Recently, Barbizon has also been a lot better about getting information to us concerning different job opportunities. But they should do even more at promoting the open calls. I also feel that the actual course that the girls took could better prepare the girls who wanted to go into modeling more. There was information that should have been shared with the models to prepare them for open calls and for actually signing on with the modeling agency because I know there were things my daughter didn't know how to do when she went to meet with the agency and sign on with them.

Also, it was the simple things. For instance, the agency that my daughter signed on to wanted her to bring all of her clothes to her first photoshoot in a garment bag on hangers. But instead she had them packed in a duffel bag. The guy there told her that he wanted all of the stuff hung up in a garment bag and asked why didn't she do that and why didn't she know about that. It was her first time ever going in! That would be very easily talked about within a class.

The other thing too was that this modeling agency wants her to put together outfits and certain clothing items to bring to the shoot and that’s the kind of stuff that Barbizon should be a little bit more aggressive in dealing with. A whole class should have been done on how to prep yourself before going to a shoot. I kept asking her “Well, didn’t you study this in your classes?” She told me they did not. That should have been addressed in the classes that she took. Despite this, I would still definitely recommend Barbizon.

Original review: July 24, 2018

A couple of friends have heard about Barbizon Modeling and we saw some advertisements that they were gonna be in the area doing a six-month training. My daughter is 12 and is very active in the church and does the drama team. She sings and she pretends to be a model. I wanted to really get her into Barbizon Modeling and I knew that it would be a great opportunity for her to meet a lot of other people without it being with mom, so it's a socialization portion of it that I really enjoy. I modeled years ago, although I didn’t model with Barbizon, but I heard of their reputation back then and it was a great reputation. I had also heard that Barbizon has been doing way more than just modeling and I had heard some good reviews from mothers who had had their children in Barbizon, so we went with them.

Signing up with Barbizon was very easy and I enjoyed the process. Brooke was very instrumental and we fell in love with her. She was amazing and some of the other ladies were very hands-on and they ensured that we understood everything. We received phone calls back from them on a regular basis to make sure there were no questions. I also received emails on a regular basis so that if I forgot something, I can go right back to the emails. It had all of the information and it continued to remind us to give them a call if we have any additional questions, and we could do that at any time.

My daughter had blossomed even further than when we were doing it on our own or with her being in church. Her confidence is already high, but Barbizon boosted it significantly because getting on the catwalk, being in front of other people, and actually performing in where you're knowing you're being judged really relaxed her to the point where she doesn’t mind getting in front of people. The fear and the nervousness that come over all of us were really less stressful for her. Since then, she has done a lot of performing at church and singing. Also, she has really helped encourage other young ladies to get involved in something.

There was a major competition on the 8th of June that just happened in the Alexandria area and my daughter had an amazing time. They had some of our Barbizon representatives there that she remembered and knew, and the environment was wonderful. It was the two-day weekend big competition that we paid for and it was in preparation for the cruise that’s coming up. She enjoyed it.

Barbizon's program is extremely encouraging to the families. I have a church member whose son signed up with Barbizon and was in some commercials. The excellent part is this last competition, my daughter received five callbacks and this Sunday, she’s going to sit down with one of the agents who called her back. We're excited and we know that we can give a callback to Barbizon to make sure before we sign anything or before we do anything else, that we can get clear guidance. That’s the comfort that I have with Barbizon. They make sure that we understand that we don’t step out and do something that is not gonna be a wise decision. We are completely sold on the program and on the ladies that are involved in. We are really happy to be a part of the family. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Barbizon seems like a very good organization and we’ve been very pleased with them. They're very straightforward and honest. They're very encouraging but not pushy, which is nice. They don't make you do something that you may not really wanna do. Enrolling with them went well but the presentation was a little on the long side. I understood the reasoning behind it though. There were over 300 contestants that were there to be seen by everybody.

My daughter really enjoyed Barbizon's classes. Now, she's also a little more aware of what she wears, how she presents herself and what other people think of her. She was pretty sloppy before, wearing her brother’s shorts and old T-shirts when she would go places. Now, she dresses up a little bit more. She's also getting ready for her competition at the end of July.

Original review: July 15, 2018

My daughter has had a desire to do modeling from a young age and she was involved in so many other things, so we limited it first to a few things because of expense. When she said that she would be dedicated to modeling and that this was one of the things that she wanted to continue doing in life, we decided to let her go on the adventure and see how it turned out. She had a choice of three schools and she ultimately decided with Barbizon because of the classes that they offered. Some of the other modeling agencies that we were contacted by did not offer classes. The process of signing her up was very easy. When we contact Barbizon to ask questions or inquire into opportunities, we get an immediate response back and they’re very cooperative. There are other times though that it takes multiple emails to them before we receive a response back. Then the response sometimes is not clear or does not answer our question.

My daughter did the eight classes that Barbizon offered here locally and then she went in getting prepared to go on Passport to Discovery. The Barbizon program has increased her self-confidence a little bit. It has helped her to be more dedicated and excel in opportunities to put herself out there, whereas before she would not. Also, a lot of the staff for the classes are very nice. They seem very dedicated and very willing to work with the girls if they ask questions. The tremendous expense kind of discourages me but Barbizon is a great program.

Original review: July 14, 2018

My friend who was sending me castings referred me to Barbizon, and as I wasn't in the process of seeking out different avenues, I went with it and came in for the initial audition. I act and have acted in several things. However, most of it is just based off of my natural ability to act, so I wanted to further sharpen that skill. Although it was a bit pricey, the sign-up process was simple. Their staff at Barbizon is excellent, especially my teacher. Barbizon has definitely helped as I've taken some of the things that I've learned and incorporated them in the gigs that I get now. My instructor did several exercises with us that encouraged us and stretched our ability to improvise, and that's actually something I've been utilizing a lot in the roles that I've been getting. Barbizon was helpful with my personal development as an actor.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My son is really good looking and I love to send him for a modeling program with Barbizon. Signing up with Barbizon was easy, but the money was not. They want him for the acting program because they saw that he got talent. He has a really good memory. When I went down there, I wanted to see how they were doing in the acting class or in walking for modeling class, but we didn't have much time to spend to see. Also, there’s no room for parents to stay late. But I saw that it was really good.

The program was only for six months and now, we're done. Everything was not hard for my son. He was a really quiet kid but after a few weeks, he had a lot of friends. And now, he's working with an agency in New Jersey. He learned a lot and it was a really good experience for him, and we also liked the teachers. But kids are going there for no reason and Barbizon takes in any kid, even if they’re not gonna have a chance to work with an agency. But to me, I really like it. You have one door open which is a step closer to an agency. And from there, it depends on how much you can work.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Barbizon Modeling was at the mall and my daughter told us that she wanted to do it. We told her we would let her try it and signing up was easy. The whole thing was a good experience and the program has affected my daughter's development well but I wish that there was a little bit more for her to do. We haven't really done a lot with it now that she has finished. Also, we started getting bad vibes about it with the way things have been going so crazily with a lot of stuff. So we're pulling her out. We just want her to be safe.

Original review: July 10, 2018

My daughter signed herself up with Barbizon. They were pretty helpful at the beginning because I'm a single mom, so they let her have a scholarship. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to afford it. She enjoyed the experience and gained more knowledge. But I'm a little unhappy right now and there is really nothing that I can do about it. My daughter was chosen to go to the Washington annual thing that they have there. So I agreed to it because I had a couple of people that agreed that they were gonna help me pay for hotel and stuff like that. I paid for $1,200 just for her to get in to meet the agents. But when I contacted Barbizon to let them know that we wouldn't be able to make it down there it was kinda like, "Oh, well, that sucks" attitude. So I'm out $1,200 and it's pretty sad. I'm way too poor to be out $1,200. To me, Barbizon seems more like a finishing class than anything.

Original review: July 9, 2018

My daughter's senior year pictures came out gorgeous and that made me think of modeling and acting classes for her. I chose Barbizon because they did more of the natural beauty. It didn't necessarily have to be a perfect 10 shape and size and it was more about inside as well as the outside. So far all of the staff has been wonderful. There was only one time I had been unhappy and that was when there was a criteria that needed to be met and Jess met all that criteria, but the other girls didn't seem to have to. They were allowed to sit there doing nothing while my daughter, Jess was walking around doing the spokesmodel thing. And also the only other complaint I have is we still have not got her placement package.

We spoke to David of Barbizon and when I was standing there, he put the information in and said it should be coming in the mail because I know there's stuff that she needs to do like contacting agencies. But we haven't gotten the information or it has been misplaced My daughter finished in March and then she has another event in August so I was gonna talk to David and Brooke again then. Our next big thing is coming up in August and then she's doing the Passport to Discovery in October so I'm going to see. The Barbizon staff themselves like David and Brooke and the women that were at classes were wonderful. But it takes a lot of financial support on the parents' end so be prepared to support your child both financially and emotionally.

Original review: July 6, 2018

One of my daughter's friends in school told us about Barbizon and when we went to the place, one of the people that was interviewing said that our daughter had a unique look that she could use in the campaign that they were doing for jobs. So we signed her up. They offered many different options for payments and they explained the training requirements. It was a great experience and the whole enrollment process was really easy. Their staff was very nice, too.

Because of the program, my daughter came out of her shell and became more confident. But there was never any real opportunity for her to earn money, which we thought would happen. The only opportunities that came after the training were more opportunities for us to spend money. So, I felt slightly deceived on that aspect. But I determined with my wife in the beginning that even if a job opportunity didn't come out of it, it would be a good experience for our daughter. I also determined that the money that we'd pay would be worth it just for her to get the training and get exposure to that type of training because of her personality. So all in all, Barbizon offers good training for improving confidence, but no career opportunities.

Barbizon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Barbizon is a modeling agency that has been representing young fashion and print models for more than 75 years. The company, which was founded in 1939, has offices in more than 200 locations around the world.

• Training and instruction programs: The company does not just get actors and models jobs, it also helps develop talent. Barbizon offers acting courses, such as improvisation and audition practice, as well as modeling training, such as makeup application and runway modeling techniques.

• Contests and scholarships: Barbizon focuses on representing young talent from preteens to teens, because of this it also helps clients win contests and scholarships to fund their education and careers.

• Convenient locations: Barbizon has more than 200 locations worldwide, so it is convenient for people who live all across the United States.

• Simple audition scheduling: People who are interested in representation can schedule an audition with the company. Barbizon offers Barbsimple online scheduling to make the audition process as easy as possible for potential clients.

• Life development: Barbizon works on personal development with its young talent. The company offers services such as interview skills classes, self-confidence development and etiquette lessons.

• Best for: Child talent.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs