Call toll free
4.17/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Barbizon was founded in 1939 and expanded from a single location on 5th Avenue in New York City to over 200 markets worldwide. Our program provides instruction in acting, modeling as well as personal development. At Barbizon, it is our goal to nurture the dreams of every client that enters our offices and help each them discover what makes them special. Let us help you develop your one-of-a-kind “star” quality and give you the tools to help you shine!

Barbizon Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

567 Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

We were in a local mall, and there was a table with some young ladies that had been through Barbizon and my daughter was talking to them. My daughter hadn't really expressed any interest. And when we were there, Barbizon caught her eye. She said, "You know Mom, I'm really interested in this," so we went and when she had her interview, they accepted her into the program. Every single person that we've dealt with has been the ultimate of a professional. They really care about the kids and the families. They helped me along the way. Anytime I had a question, they responded right away with an email or a phone call.

My daughter learned a ton in the program. She has competed just twice so far and already has two contracts with talent agencies. She did everything she was supposed to do, and she has done very well. She got an excellent education and foundation in a lot of different areas. She was sent on an audition for a feature film already. She also got interested in modeling and she won an award when she went into her second competition this fall and is gonna walk in the New York City Fashion Week fashion show. I've already had some friends that have asked, and my daughter had some friends that have gone ahead and applied. I've told friends that as long as their kid is interested and they wanna do the work, and they don't just expect Barbizon to do everything for them, it's great.

Get expert buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Barbizon Modeling has been one of the greatest things we have ever done. My daughter was walking down the mall a couple of years ago and Barbizon reps walked up to her and said she should be a model, which she was never thinking about doing. She didn't even tell me and she didn't call back for about a year or more. And then she said those people kept calling her so we checked it out. I felt like we should be optimistically cautious and not trust anybody. But now, my daughter is doing amazingly in the modeling world, and I owe it all to them. They prepared my daughter for her acting and modeling. They have been amazing and super supportive. They help us through every step of the process, from the beginning, to training and competing, to in the job market, and who to sign with like with Passport to Discovery and the Indianapolis Barbizon tour.

The staff taught her everything. And then, we went to some of the interviews like Passport to Discovery, the cruise, and for the Indianapolis thing, and they have scholarshipped her because we have 15 children. Then, she won some of the scholarships and paid her way and my way on the cruise. And when we were on the cruise, one of the people who was not her ambassador gave her ideas on her hair and some coaching for her next competition. My daughter did exactly what they said and she did great. We have met with Barbizon one time since then to go to one of their seminars and speak on their behalf because it has been such a success for my daughter.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We were at a Halloween event at a local outlet mall and my son wanted a few stick candies, so he filled up Barbizon's form. My best friend was a top model when we lived in the D.C. area and I had her talk to him about taking classes, and he said he wanted to do it. Signing up was super easy. Their staff is amazing and we love them. They were really sweet and always willing to help. Lily, Jamie and Mercedes still check on him now. We have a competition coming up Friday and we’re constantly in contact with them.

My son was bullied when he was in elementary school. He’s 6’2” at 13, so the bullying came really easy from other kids. He did all of the classes and it changed his outlook on who he was. He definitely came out of his shell. His confidence was completely different and he was more himself. He carries himself so different that it was worth the classes because they gave him a lifetime worth of knowledge. He learned how to walk, how to talk, where to put his fork, where to put his spoon and so forth. Plus, he has made absolutely amazing friends from this journey and I couldn't be happier for him. I absolutely recommend Barbizon.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Barbizon has been a very good organization to work with. We were most familiar with them and joining was something that my daughter was interested in. Signing up was very easy. She's done pretty much all of the events and we've been very happy with the staff. She is currently in college for acting.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Somebody from Barbizon approached me and my daughter at a mall. Then somebody gave us a call, we went to an audition and we just took it from there. We love Barbizon. They’ve done a whole lot for my daughter as far as bringing her out of her shell, showing her her potential and making her feel great about herself. We also love the way their reps communicate with us. The way they talk, the way they make us feel like family. We've been working with them for two years now and so far, we’ve had four competitions. Barbizon is a little pricey but we get what we pay for so I’m happy. I’d tell others that Barbizon is definitely worth it and that they should go for it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barbizon?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

It was really easy to sign up my son with Barbizon. Any time I ever needed anything, their staff helped. Barbizon definitely helped my son. He has more confidence in himself now.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I was in this mall in Little Rock with my friend and one of the workers from Barbizon stopped and asked me if I have ever been interested in modeling. They gave me a card to fill out and two years ago, they called my mother and asked me if I was still interested. I got set up to do six months of training with them and I graduated in 2016. Ever since I graduated, they've been sending me emails and calls about whatever work opportunities they had in my area.

Working with them has helped me a whole lot, like if I want to do this, to go back to it. I sent an email out telling them that I can work full-time, so they sent me the website that I could go to if anyone needed models in my area. And so, whenever they need models, they always call me if there's somebody close to where I live. Barbizon's staff help me whenever I have questions or don't know how to email any agencies that I might wanna work with. They always give me guidance and tell me what I should do.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Barbizon Modeling called us first and then we went to the first meeting to see what it was all about. Then it seemed like my boys were interested, so we started trying little by little and ended up doing the courses. They had a class with six sessions and my first son only had one left to graduate but he went off to college and Barbizon didn’t have any courses over there, so he couldn’t finish it. My other son has basketball, so he’s been busy and couldn’t finish it too. The timing was really bad but he still has some classes to go to. The program is more geared for girls though. There weren’t too many guys there and a lot of it was putting on make-up, so my sons got bored and they left. They learned a little bit on how to walk but that was it. But for someone who really wants to put their foot in the door, Barbizon is a good thing. Plus, everyone there was really friendly and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I always wanted to try modeling out and I ended up really liking it. Barbizon was a recommendation from one of my friends and the experience was very helpful throughout those months that I was there. My self-esteem grew and I was more confident. I learned a lot of good things. Up until now, we're also still talking here and there, and they send me emails for jobs sometimes. I recently did a fashion show. Then I should also be having an internship in January with them. So I'm happy about that.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I got a call from Barbizon Modeling over the phone. I had filled something out at the mall with my information, and that’s how they had my number. They asked me if I was interested in classes. I thought the program was cool to do and it was something different compared to what I’ve already done so I went with it. The staff at Barbizon were all nice and it was interesting meeting everybody. It’s so different compared to everybody that I met before, so it was a cool experience. The program has helped me a lot. I was in my shell and I didn’t go out and talk to many people. I wasn’t confident. And because of the classes, I can see a difference in how I was acting and even in my posture. I am glad that Barbizon helped me get to where I am today.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We sent a picture of my daughter to Barbizon in Phoenix. They called us within a week and set up a one on one meeting. When scheduling this appointment I made sure to ask that there were no costs of any kind with their company. The scheduler assured me that was correct and told me that they were very selective with who they choose to represent their company. We arrived for her one on one interview and there were over 50 people or so called want to be models there that had been told the same thing. These 50 "models" came in all shapes, sizes and looks. It was very clear that Barbizon took anyone and everyone that showed an interest in their company. I thought I would give it a few minutes and see if my thoughts were correct.

A very obnoxious woman dressed in a ridiculous prom like dress with 3 inch heels came to the stage to address us. I immediately got another bad feeling, but she went on to say that their company never charges for a portfolio and they are not one of those "scam" companies. She loudly stated that modeling has nothing to do with looks and that is why you see people of all looks within the room. Really, modeling has nothing to do with looks? After about 30 very long minutes she told us if they do decide to sign you in their 2 minute one on one interview you have to be trained. That was the moment in which she let us know there were four months of training before they would really decide if they were going to sign you or not.

YES, you have to pay for those four months of training too (around $3000.00)! I immediately knew my thoughts were correct and this was a definite bait and switch company. My 14 year old daughter and I sitting in the second row stood up and walked out immediately! As we were leaving the parking lot another mother and her daughter came walking out with my exact same thoughts. I was thoroughly disgusted with this company and feel bad that they got my daughter's hopes up for no other reason than to prey/profit upon her. SHAME on this company!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was looking through a newspaper and my daughter saw a little thing that said Barbizon, so we called. We looked into personal development since she’s outgoing and she needed some self-confidence. She also wanted to try something. Signing up at Barbizon was a great experience. There were a lot of nice people and the teachers were awesome. After the class, they sent a certificate but they didn’t give any information on what we were supposed to do. They should send emails or keep in touch like they used to about upcoming events that they could put my child in the right direction to what she does afterwards. Nevertheless, my daughter is not much of a tomboy now. She keeps up on her appearance and the latest of fashions.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

My daughter wanted to do modeling and we went to a Barbizon Modeling audition. They told us a little bit about what they do there, how long it takes and it was something my daughter was very excited about doing, so we decided to enroll. My daughter wasn't really sure she wanted to continue it, with her school and everything else, but she was so proud of herself for finishing it and that made a big difference in her social life and in a lot of other areas. She's actually applying herself in school more and she's not as shy as she used to be. The program boosted her confidence and it did a lot for her. The fact that she's so young and she got to complete something, it's something that's pretty neat. Not everybody can say they've been trained to be a model at 16 years old. It's great for anybody that has self-esteem issues. In fact, I've referred plenty of people to Barbizon.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

My twin sister told me about Barbizon Modeling. At the time, we were into acting and modeling and Barbizon was like a girls’ school. They gave us some information about it and I was really interested to see if I can tighten up on some of the skills on filming and modeling. The signing in process was super easy. They had us come in and there was an audition process, but it was very fair and super simple for everybody to catch on to. The staffs that I dealt with were super amazing. They were very personable where everybody could enjoy the experience. Working with Barbizon was definitely a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Barbizon was at the right place and the right time. They seemed to have a really great program once my dad and I looked into it. The enrollment process was easy and the staff was really nice and always well put together. They set a great example as far as presentation. We did classes on runway, posing, hair and make-up, or how to present ourselves in the professional world. We also did classes on how to do a table setting and hosting events, and hosting television or whatever the case may be. The classes definitely made me more confident in myself, have the knowledge of everything possible and have the wherewithal to handle myself in various situations.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

My daughter is really into acting so we went ahead and signed her up with Barbizon. She got a phone call and we went out to the school. We listened to what their rep had to say. They wanted the applicants to do a short monologue and my daughter did her monologue. She got a callback and started from there. My daughter loves it and she's really good. A lot of their staff enjoyed her company. My daughter goes to school now in California and she went to Barbizon in Florida. Everything that she has to do, she’s gonna do it only coming out of Tampa, which is not a problem. I know there is a Barbizon out in California, and she tried to get with them, but they do not return phone calls. Other than that, I've had several coworkers with their kids asking about Barbizon and I told them it's really worth it once you get through everything.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Macy is 15 and she's 6'9. So, she's got a very unique look about her. She's got really long and beautiful red hair. Everywhere she goes, people are like, "You should be a model." So, she went home and got herself set up on getting information from Barbizon. When Barbizon had a casting thing in Austin, she went to see if she got picked, and she did. We decided to go ahead and do it because it was something she's been wanting to do for the last three years.

We've had a good interaction with the staff at Barbizon. They kept us very informed in the beginning, and Macy is doing some marketing for them, which is great. I'm glad they called for her to do that. The Barbizon rep Macy was under said she did a really good job. I was happy to hear that 'cause Macy is super quiet and timid, so the fact that she put herself out there and talked to strangers was very encouraging for me to hear. Barbizon has definitely allowed Macy to get herself out there in ways that she probably never would have done, so it was good.

So far, it has been a fairly good experience with Barbizon. When we call in, the people are really nice, so that's been a good part of it as well. Nothing big has happened yet, but we felt that Barbizon helped with her self-esteem, and with the way she carries herself. I'm hoping that Macy starts to see some work from them, but part of that has been that she hasn't actually sent back the necessary steps. They have reached out to us and Macy still needs to give her pictures back into them to try to get on more lists, but we are also working with somebody in California as well, to try to get her some work. So, it has opened some doors.

Barbizon is a good program for girls that are needing a little help with self-confidence and what-not. A lot of different things have been going on with Macy since she finished the program, so we're trying to get through all that right now. And then hopefully, start pursuing some different things a bit more vigorously especially once the holidays get through.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My son always had a knack for acting. When he got on stage for performances at school, he grabbed the microphone and became the emcee of the program just naturally, even in kindergarten and first grade. Where all the other kids were crying and shy, my kid was up there. When he was small, we wanted to develop those talents, but he said no. We pushed him to take dance classes, acting classes and singing classes but he refused everything.

We went to Barbizon’s presentation and we were excited. We thought and talked about it, and we got accepted into it. It was nice that there was a process and it was a good one. There was a whole build-up and it was good for children to not get immediate gratification. They had to wait, think and get excited. After he took Barbizon, he said he needed dance and singing lessons. He also wanted to take some acting classes. I told him it sounded good and that we would arrange it. We love Barbizon and the team that they have, the follow-ups, the phone calls, the reminder, and the encouragement. It’s an amazing company. They have the top management and the top reputation. It could not be a better run company.

The staff is amazing and they are what makes it. The people they are putting up to the face of the customer is where it is all at. When you call, somebody will always get right with you. In some places, you call and it’s like, “This woman is overworked. She has 900 emails before me. She’ll get back with me in three weeks,” but never did I see all that at Barbizon. They have enough staff to handle the needs of their clients, and that was important to me.

My experience has been amazing with Barbizon and every child should go for it. Barbizon is raining down love on the kids and inspiring them to wanna do their best to take care of their health, to make dietary changes and to exercise. Barbizon has developed my child's modeling skills. He knew nothing before, but now, he has learned the right thing for a man. He has also become more confident. He had positive words and energy spoken over him in his life through Barbizon and he believed it. He’s taking it and using it to his full ability. We’re going to the competition and we plan to represent Barbizon forever. We hope that my child will be a good spokesperson/spokesmodel for Barbizon in the future. We’re very thankful to Barbizon for being there and developing my child into the amazing actor/model that he is becoming.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

We were in a mall in Bossier City, Louisiana and heard about Barbizon Modeling. It was something my daughter was interested in and she asked if she could do it. I had heard of Barbizon and being one of those inquisitive mothers, I immediately jumped online and did some research. I’m smart enough to know that two people generally leave reviews, people that are very happy and people that are very unhappy. Better Business said that Barbizon Modeling is good. Plus, they are legitimate and have a reputation. I weighed the pros and the cons and gave them a shot.

The enrolling process was seamless. At first, we filled out the little card in the mall and gave it to the people. They were very nice and approachable. We forgot about it for a couple of months and then we had gotten a phone call. We showed up at an event at the Civic Center. My daughter walked and talked with a bunch of other people. We were given some paperwork to fill out, which was straightforward. We filled that out. I had to think back a few years though. She then got enrolled in the classes. The paperwork for all of the events that she has done since then has always been very straightforward and easy. I’ve always chosen to fill out something online if I can since it’s always easier for me. Plus, there’s the 1-800 number. If I have questions, someone is always there to answer.

Parents need to know upfront that it’s going to require time and monetary investment from them. I know why the focus doesn’t go on that initially, but to some parents, that comes more of a surprise than Barbizon intends it to be. My daughter has done several modeling events and gained a lot of confidence. She has always been confident, but she's shy. They taught her to work through that. She also has an agent. We’ve done Passport to Discovery a couple of times. We live in Long Island now and she does photo shoots in New York. We’ve had a very positive and successful Barbizon experience. And I would recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

My daughter wanted to try Barbizon and getting on it was an easy process. We just signed up and then they gave us a call. We went to an audition and we decided to do it for her. It has changed my entire life completely. My daughter couldn’t walk straight or do a lot of stuff and Barbizon helped her do everything now. It’s a great program to teach our girls how to become more confident. Confidence is an underestimation after they get out of that school and we’re glad we went over to them. They've definitely taught her how to be a beautiful and very confident girl.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

My daughter wanted to get into modeling and acting but we did not know where to start to make that happen. We just happened to be at the mall one day and somebody from Barbizon stopped my daughter and she talked to him. After she told us about it, we went online. I knew there are a lot of scams so we did our homework. Barbizon has been around for a long time and has a good reputation. We had a wonderful experience with them from the very beginning. We were really fond of their staff, Mercedes and Lily. They were wonderful and we love them. They were always there any time we had any questions and they helped us where we needed to go. My daughter got offered a contract which we did not understand so, we sent it to Mercedes. She looked over it and advised us on what to do.

My daughter has completed all of her classes. She participated in a Dallas competition back in July. She also went to PTD in October and we are going again next year. When she first started with Barbizon, she was shy, has no confidence and has very low self-esteem. But now, she can get up in front of the agents. We helped out at the audition in San Antonio and she got up in front of all the parents and all the contestants that were auditioning and told them about her experience. It makes me wanna tear up every time I think about just how much Barbizon has done for her. They are great and I would recommend them to everybody. The program gives acting and modeling skills and it also does wonders for self-esteem. I would pay all the money 10 times over for what it has done for our daughter’s confidence and self-esteem.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My daughter's older half-sisters were in the classes at Barbizon, and my daughter wanted to do it as well. I also wanted her to learn a little bit about etiquette and general good manners. She was extremely shy and was pretty much in a shell. We signed her up at Barbizon, which was an easy process where we just filled out some forms and paid the fees.

Having gone through Barbizon, my daughter is definitely well-learned as far as modeling is concerned. She signed up for some acting classes from another outfit and it was really sad to see that in the graduation, my daughter had been complaining that the acting classes were really not worthwhile. I still made her go to the graduation and I sat through their rehearsal. She was then getting ready to go to the Barbizon Passport To Discovery, so I told her that since there was a runway there, she could just practice her runway walk. And so, some of the teachers saw her doing her runway walk and they were like, "Wow." By the end of their rehearsal, my daughter was showing another kid how to do the runway properly.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My younger daughter was 11 and she wanted to be a model, but her problem is that she has the cute little face of an 11-year-old and the height of a 15-year-old. I knew Barbizon's reputation because my sister didn't just model with them, but she also was an instructor for a few years. I saw them in the SouthPark Mall and I thought my daughter would be interested in something like this because I know that they are more of a wholesome reputation and it's not super bloodthirsty or questionable.

I filled out a card and I got a call. As part of the call, I texted a picture of my two daughters at the beach and the woman I talked to asked if my other daughter wanted to model. My older daughter said yes when I asked her so, we went to the audition with both of my daughters and they picked my older daughter, Grace. They said they can't put my younger daughter in child and they can't put her in grown-ups because she was right in the middle of there. So, we went ahead and we went through the training with Grace.

Everyone that I've talked to on the phone has been very polite, courteous, and kind of role modeling what they are expecting out of their models. A lot of them seemed like they are young, like Barbizon is kind of a starter but on to bigger and better things. But I kinda liked that about it because we were not into any serious cutthroat modeling stuff. We were just doing it because we thought it would be fun and she could make some money. About that time, my daughter was 14 years old and she was going through the awkward phase with acne and braces and middle school, but already, she was super confident and had a lot of friends. I was comfortable with her going through a program like Barbizon.

She was learning about modeling, and I had been looking for something to get her feet wet in it simply because I didn't want her going out and doing it on her own. Barbizon is a great way to get your feet wet and learn about modeling. It’s not a guarantee to a modeling career but it's a great way to learn poise and how to carry yourself and how to be confident. If you wanted to start into modeling, it is a good first step to learn how to do all that stuff and then, they kind of set you up nicely to meet other people if they think that you could be successful in modeling.

We finished the classes this summer. She graduated, she went to an open audition, and they picked her to go to their southeast competition. That's where she could meet some actual agencies. So, we're looking forward to doing that next month. It's expensive but if she was gonna jump off and try something like this, we wanted it to be done the right way. So, that's why we went ahead and spent the money. She's done some Barbizon promotable stuff at the mall and earned a little bit of money that way. The experience with Barbizon has been great.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My son came home and told me about Barbizon. He talked off and on about modeling schools before and he really wanted to get started with Barbizon. Getting him signed up felt impersonal. They met in a hotel and there was a whole bunch of other people there. Yet when I interacted with the staff at Barbizon over the phone, the person I spoke with was very nice and kind.

Going through the experience with Barbizon was fine and my son had a great time. He filled out the placement packet and we've only had one possible gig or job session. However, the timing was very last minute, and as a result, he had already put in his work schedule for the week and he can't take other time off. So, that part has been less than satisfactory. He has been done since June and I thought that he could have had more job opportunities, like at least once a month. For the money that we put in, so far we haven't received our returns.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I used to do Barbizon and the program didn’t even help me, they were worried so much about my weight and my looks rather than me actually getting gigs and doing shoots so I left Barbizon, recently I was at Annapolis mall where they were trying to get girls to sign up for a Barbizon scholarship. I told the lady “No I’ve already done Barbizon” and she said “No it’s for a Barbizon scholarship”. We argued a bit and then after I said “No I’m fine” she flipped her braids in my mom's face and said “Ok **”. Barbizon is this really the type of person who is representing you?

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers response

Hi Linda,

We are sorry you did not have a good experience. We do appreciate you letting us know about your experience so we can address this with the location you attended and with our field reps in that location. Please know this behavior absolutely outside or our policy and we do take your feedback seriously.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I wanted to be a comedic actor or actress and I came across Barbizon on the internet. I applied for it when I was younger and they got back to me when I turned 18. Barbizon was bigger than other companies so I went with them. Getting in was easy and my interaction with their staff was good. But when I was in the internship, I didn’t know those people and they were mean to me. I didn’t know my job description, so I was not doing anything. Then someone told Barbizon that I was trying to get paid for doing nothing and I lost my internship. But no one ever told me what to do, so I was just waiting to know. Other than that, I did the Barbizon competition and I received an agency callback, so we’re talking to each other with the agency. Barbizon's program made me feel better. I already felt like I was good at something that I like to do and now, I’m better at it. I’m recommending them to everybody.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My daughter has always wanted to do something in fashion. So when Barbizon approached her, that gave her the opportunity to try to pursue her dream. Signing her up was exceptionally easy. They did emails, follow-up phone calls, and everything to make sure there was a smooth transition on her first day. Even up to her graduation as well. I always spoke to the staff and they always spoke with me and asked me if I had questions or concerns when I was picking up or dropping off my daughter. They were always very professional and courteous. They were able to answer all the questions that I had. If they couldn’t answer it, they’d put me in the right department or the right person to speak to immediately.

Since my daughter did the Barbizon program, I’ve seen her holding her shoulder back, holding her head up, and walking straight. Confidence is really in her. They have built the self-esteem and other little characters that I didn’t see before. She’s more outgoing now than she was before. Barbizon is one of the modeling agencies that I would recommend for professional development or for anyone who wants to bring their child into the industry.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

When we were in the mall, we filled in some flyer and Barbizon called us. In the selection process, they were saying that the program was good for the personality development of our daughter and that eventually, she would get to public speaking and her nervousness would be gone. But my daughter attended all the classes and the only thing she came to learn was how to do makeup. It was a waste of money with them and I don’t know why we spent $2,500.

Barbizon's reps were also saying something about placements and that they would connect us to the agents. And we thought they would take care of everything and at least our daughter would do some modeling, but she never got anything. We were under an impression that because she is good looking and she’s different from other kids in our community, Barbizon would help her. She's interested in acting and modeling but her desire was never fulfilled. Also, when she went for one audition, they said that she was selected but in order to come to Florida, we'd have to pay 1,000 again. It was like they are collecting money for nothing. All in all, I'm very dissatisfied with Barbizon and going with them is one of the worst experiences in my life.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers response

Hi Vani, We are sorry your Barbizon experience did not meet your expectations. We'd like to speak with you directly so we can resolve any outstanding issues and make sure you have a better experience. We will have someone from the corporate office reach out to you to discuss your experience further.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

My daughter wanted to pursue modeling or acting and my husband and I wanted to give her the opportunity. After hearing an individual who spoke at an event when her father was in the military, we thought of giving it a try and see how it turns out. Signing up my daughter in the program was easy. Their staff was very courteous and it was easy to talk to them and doing follow-ups.

Barbizon reached out to my daughter to get her a job, as far as speaking out and engaging at the local mall. However, it can be a bit more aggressive with helping her get out there and being seen doing a little more. Moreover, they have to improve in helping people who are interested and pushing the kids a little more, as well as learning from some of the seminars when we went on the Passport to Discovery, as far as what the agents and the management industries want from parents and don’t want from parents. Barbizon still has a little way to go with the amount of money that we invest in our kids to be in the industry.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Jada was into modelling and she found Barbizon online. It was the most reasonable modelling and acting school that met our financial guideline. Jada is into their modelling and acting classes and the enrolment experience was easy. Her experience with their staff was good until the end. I got two more classes to go and I just got them enrolled. But one of them, I’ve got to wait until she’s a little bit older. Jada loves the experience she had with Barbizon and she really enjoyed it. It also taught her a lot. Jada got to meet other young ladies and it really built her confidence up to 100%.

Barbizon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Barbizon is a modeling agency that has been representing young fashion and print models for more than 75 years. The company, which was founded in 1939, has offices in more than 200 locations around the world.

• Training and instruction programs: The company does not just get actors and models jobs, it also helps develop talent. Barbizon offers acting courses, such as improvisation and audition practice, as well as modeling training, such as makeup application and runway modeling techniques.

• Contests and scholarships: Barbizon focuses on representing young talent from preteens to teens, because of this it also helps clients win contests and scholarships to fund their education and careers.

• Convenient locations: Barbizon has more than 200 locations worldwide, so it is convenient for people who live all across the United States.

• Simple audition scheduling: People who are interested in representation can schedule an audition with the company. Barbizon offers Barbsimple online scheduling to make the audition process as easy as possible for potential clients.

• Life development: Barbizon works on personal development with its young talent. The company offers services such as interview skills classes, self-confidence development and etiquette lessons.

• Best for: Child talent.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs