Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My daughter was trying to build her confidence and get into doing some modeling. She likes that. She was happy with the teachers that she had at Barbizon, and everyone that I've had to deal with was nice and helped us out a lot. The program made a big difference. She's more outgoing, not as shy, and she's happier with herself. I was generally pleased with the outcome. It was a very good experience, and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

My daughter always wanted to do modeling and acting, so when the opportunity with Barbizon came up, we pursued it and everything seemed to play out accordingly. She's a little actress and it was a good fit for her. I couldn’t pass up this opportunity for her. Signing up was very easy. With regard to the payment, you could pay a lump sum or do it over time, so it's very convenient if somebody’s strapped financially. I didn’t encounter any issues.

My daughter has always been outgoing. When she puts her mind to something, she can do it. During graduation, there's a little fashion show and she was very happy with the number of agents that were interested in her. She's been on several auditions and she got to sing in one of the Conan Shows over Christmas. Seeing that, it makes her want to work harder when it becomes a reality.

I attended the Savannah Georgia Barbizon courses and I was very dissatisfied with my experience. I am 16 years old and I was placed in the class for 8-12 year olds. My mother and I requested to have me moved to the proper multiple times (seeing as that particular class was taught to accommodate small children) and they denied my request. I had to have my father come and speak personally to the director before they would change my class. Even in the correct class we learned almost nothing towards the industry and we generally just sat in chairs and talked amongst ourselves. For the last 3 classes the instructor for the younger children quit and the children were moved to our class. Once again our curriculum was slowed down to accommodate small children. We repeatedly had "photoshoots" which were very unprofessional and the photos were taken from an old iPad with horrible camera quality.

We were told to use these pictures in our professional portfolio but any agency would see those pictures and dismiss the talent as unprofessional and inexperienced. Despite all that my family paid multiple thousand dollars for these classes and I completed them. We were guaranteed job offers or at least casting calls. Here I stand 6 months after completion of these classes and I still have yet to even receive an email from Barbizon about a casting call. We were also supposed to receive a certificate of completion that would help us in the industry. I have yet to receive that certificate.

I have maintained contact with the class I graduated Barbizon with (making those friends was the only part of the experience worth completing) and the entirety of the class feels cheated. We all paid enough to buy a gently used vehicle to complete those classes and we all agree that is was not a trade we would ever make again. None of us would recommend any family waste that exuberant amount of money as it is not worth it and is a overall bad experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had amazing comments from those who attend Barbizon about ten years ago. However, my experience and the experience of parents in my daughters class was horrific. Our children were scheduled to go in a training area of a very unsafe neighborhood. We were informed it was the only location available. There's a huge lack of communication amongst the teammates, for these reasons Barbizon isn't what it used to be???

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Hi Cleidy, We are sorry to hear about your experience. It appears that you recently booked a project for a major brand through your local school's Placement Department. If you contact the Placement Department directly, they will be happy to ensure that all of your contact information on file is correct and that the photos you submitted for your file are marketable. As opportunities become available in your area you will continue to be notified via email and/or phone but it is based on the limitations of the number of clients booking in your area and what their requirements are for each specific job. If you have any additional feedback on the program we would appreciate hearing from you and can be reached at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Do not go to the Suffolk Barbizon. (Every Barbizon is different). You are paying thousands of dollars for only 5 classes. They teach you the basics which is ok but not worth thousands of dollars. It's one class a month. The photos you take aren't with a professional they come out looking like trash. They promise to give you job offers but I rarely get any unless I call their Florida office. Their office is in Florida so living in New York you can't do much about it. Side note: I have met people who went to different Barbizons and have had different experiences but DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with this one. If you are living in New York go to the Manhattan one.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Jessica,

We are sorry for any confusion and are more than happy to fix any mistakes that were made. Could you please send us a private message and let us know if this has been resolved? If it has not been resolved, we are happy to review your account and fix any errors.

Original review: July 3, 2017

My daughter was selected for the Barbizon modeling school. At first she was super excited. She attended one class and decided it's not something she wants to do anymore. I sent in certified letter so could have refund sent back (we paid in full). First was told because we paid in full we were not entitled to refund. I asked where can I read that because not stated on my contract. Then I was told out of the $1995 we paid we would only get $595. They get to keep 80%. I'm getting a lawyer. She only attended 1 class. How do you keep that much?!?

My child originally signed up with Barbizon Modeling a couple of years ago. She was with her friend and they saw Barbizon at the mall. She and her friend decided to sign up to see if they would receive a callback. They gave their name, phone number, and information. She got enrolled and finished the courses but she has to make up a couple of the classes in August and September. But with the classes that we have been able to attend, she was able to learn a lot from them. And that has helped her when she was trying to look for work this summer.

As for the Barbizon staff, anytime I had to interact with them, they were always very courteous. They did the best to help us, get the information that we needed, and answer the questions that we had. They have always been able to help us in whatever way possible for them to make sure that my daughter grows and becomes a better person in her future. It was a very good learning experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barbizon?

This is our first experience with Barbizon and it was really good and warm plus the signing up process was pretty easy. Janai participated in a class wherein they had to do a music video or an acting skit and she said it was an amazing day. It’s been wonderful just for them to call and check on her and keep me informed of the little things that she need and now she is more confident in herself. he's not so shy, she's accepting that she's a very beautiful young lady and it's teaching her mannerisms and lady etiquette. So, I appreciate that. It was a big help. The representatives in Barbizon kept communicating with me and they went above and beyond to make sure that I was comfortable.

My sister and I both attended Barbizon and graduated in 2009. I wasn't into the whole modeling thing. I was more interested in the acting world because we did professional theater for three years and we both joined Barbizon hearing they were great and where we took the classes was close to our house as well. Everything went well. There was an audition process. We had to walk and present ourselves. And we had to let them know if we have some type of talent. I told them I could sing so I performed a song and did the follow-up process. And then, we talked about money and the down payment. There was a payment plan too. Everything was very professional and well-polished. When I was 15, I was very tomboyish and shy. I was in a shell all the time but Barbizon did boost my self-esteem. We worked on presence, manners, how to walk, how to do our makeup, and how to make friends all at once.

I attended the Barbizon competition and also had a parent's convention a few years ago. And we did a couple of performances and commercials. I got a few callbacks but I politely had to decline because I was too young to travel out of state. I also won a medal but that was in my division because they separate the girls by size, age and everything in two different groups. And from my division, I was the best. So, I had an amazing experience.

Both of our daughters have already been to Barbizon and our youngest is doing mall promotions with them. Barbizon is well known and it started off as a finishing school so it was more of the cause that we are aiming for like being able to speak publicly and know how to represent yourself in front of people. Experience with them has been great except for some reason they keep losing track of our kid's ages. Barbizon really affected our children well. My wife had our younger daughter get involved in a girl scouts as well. She was kind of an introverted kid and she really learned how to put herself out in public and be able to speak to people that she had never met before and be able to do it past their parents so it was very good.

Our elder daughter went to a Passport to Discovery and like the Orlando airport. There was a big screening with different folks, and she did a couple of those. Our youngest daughter decided that she didn’t want to go that route. They like doing the mall promotion because it gave them an opportunity to earn a little bit of money at a young age, and our elder daughter likes doing the registrar jobs too. Also, the world is full of rejection so the sooner you get that captured in your head and able to deal with it, the better off you are and that's one thing we like about it. There's rejection when doing mall promotions where people are kind of brushing by you and saying "No, thank you" or being rude, and being able to handle it and keep going is a very valuable experience for them.

No response received

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Hi Valerie, We are sorry to hear this. We can connect you with the local school that would be happy to assist in getting your daughter a placement package if she graduated from the Barbizon program in your area. Can you please send us an email at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com with your information so we can better assist?

Original review: June 5, 2017

My daughter went to Barbizon and she graduated and they told her after everything she was gonna be place. The first time I paid almost $3,000 did not receive any of my money back. They kept calling me outta Florida and never got a placement package. And when they call me the second time for my daughter I still had to pay out money so Talia said forget it was about the money to me. And she is 18 now and this was back in 2012 and 13. Got the paper of the money I paid but I wish they would at least have gave me my money back since they never helped her. And the lady I was talking to was Ms. Judy at the time. To me it was a ripoff.

The people at Barbizon were very helpful and so signing up was an easy process. I thought about the price that morning but I see potential in the classes. I was in modeling when I was younger and I thought that that will help my daughter with the confidence and the self-esteem. She went to part of the classes and she’s been working for Barbizon many times, in different events at the mall.

I have issues with my daughter because she’s very shy and needs to be reminded of her self-confidence. So I feel like people don’t have to see it as a modeling career or something attached to that but as part of life. Even in a regular job, you need to step-up and have that confidence in order to get the job because there are so many people waiting for the same job. The girls bringing that confidence and learning how to be pretty in and out is important and has been the highlight of our experience. But I'd like to have more events that will give more exposure to the girls.

I was really shy but I also enjoy acting, so I felt like Barbizon could help me. I put my information in on the internet and then they called me for an audition. It was a very easy process. At the audition, they wanted me to walk like I was walking on a runway. They asked me what I expected to get out of Barbizon and then I went to the classes. I attended their modeling, acting, and personal development classes, which were very inclusive. The staff was really good, nice and understanding. They still keep in contact with me whenever they have an upcoming event that I would be interested in working. On the whole, it was a great experience.

One of the ladies at a table in the mall came up to us and that's when I decided to go with Barbizon. I went to their acting and modeling classes. It was good to learn proper etiquette and how to act in a job interview. Their staff was friendly and able to answer any of my questions.

My daughter was approached in our local mall by Barbizon. She was with a friend and the friend’s mom, and no one mentioned it to me. Then I kept getting calls from Florida and I didn't answer. At one point, they left a message and referenced my daughter's name. The message didn’t mention that it was Barbizon but said it was about a great opportunity. It pinched my interest so I called back and spoke with Debra. My daughter said she was interested and then she attended her classes in Syracuse, New York. She also did the PTD Cruise and done some work at the mall in behalf of Barbizon.

She's also been approached several times to do some other things but it's been conflicting with school. But she's been doing very well and I credit it all to Barbizon. It's not just specifically about paid work, but all of the things that Barbizon course did for her in terms of adequate and proper interviewing skills, having the confidence to speak in front of a group, and even acting in and of itself. When we went to the first meeting with Barbizon, my daughter said she's interested in modeling but was afraid to do acting. But now she's been in two school musicals, TV commercials and print ads. She even knows how to read from a teleprompter. Most importantly, she has just completed her freshman year as a television/radio major at Ithaca College. She hosts a college television show and she's part of their news team. It's just amazing. And that's all because of the nurturing of Barbizon.

No response received

Hi Laura,

We are sorry you have not received the customer service or services you should have received. We are happy to review your file and work with you to make things right. If you could please provide us some additional info on when you graduated from the program, we would be happy to begin reviewing your file. Again our apologies for the poor service you received.

Original review: May 15, 2017

I attended Barbizon School many years ago. My mother paid the tuition which was a couple of thousands of dollars. I went through the classes. They weren't that bad. I eventually graduated and when I did, my mother asked me "Well what now? Are they going to help you find a job like they said they would?" So we went up to them and they seemed more forced than anything to try to help me after the graduation.

They brushed me off, paid no interest, and no effort to try to help me in achieving what I had paid so much money to do. I eventually stopped going because I realized we had thrown our money away. I didn't feel like they helped and after paying so much money and most of us being so young, I felt like I was getting nowhere. I would not recommend this school to anyone. Total rip off and waste off time.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: May 15, 2017

It was nice to finally hear from someone. Kelly called me and was very empathic and I appreciate her calling me and apologizing for the mistake. Thank you Kelly for hearing me out and thank you and Barbizon for resolving this matter. I realized that not everyone is the same. Just keep in mind that if anyone agrees to the contract, then that means you do not get all your money back if you want to discontinue along the way. The exception would be only if there was a mistake on their end.

Hi Johanna,

As we have expressed to you, we are very sorry you did not receive the customer service you deserve and for the confusion with your payments that you experienced. We have reached out and tried to resolve this for you and hope still to be able to reach a fair resolution. We will continue to speak with you privately to resolve this matter.

Original review: April 28, 2017

Please I beg you all to be cautious with this company. They psych people up real good and convince people that they are best. Boy was I deceived. This agency has young girls in the mail signing up under false information... We signed up because they were promoting a chance to win a trip to new York with a contract with Nickelodeon. I get a call weeks later and get invited to the so call interview. At first we were so excited so I took my daughter because I thought this would be a great opportunity for her. The director Renee chooses my daughter to be in the children's department but of course there is a catch... it was too good to be true. SMH. We have to pay for the courses. The director convinced me not to worry because she will work with me on payment arrangements.

A down payment of 495 is required before they go to the first class. I had gave them 400 the day my daughter went to the first class and made arrangements to pay the other 95 dollars in a week. But this conniving company goes behind my back and decides to draw the money days earlier than the day agreed, which causes my bank to overdraft since I didn't have the funds in there. When I tried to reach the director and she went MIA after they sucked up my money in the bank and left me in bad standings with my bank. I was upset that they didn't wait until the day we agreed because I didn't make preparations to put the funds needed in my account for that transaction.

This all took place in November 2016 and now we are in April 2017, and I'm still fighting for my refund of 495.00. I have a pending case with the BBB and I been going back and forth. It upsets me that Barbizon doesn't even respect the guidelines to the window time frame to respond to complaints. They somehow are still accredited with the BBB even though they pass deadlines with responses to complaints against them. I ended up closing my account with my bank account. I got so upset with my bank that they had to do a 21 day investigation before crediting me the funds and overdraft fees to my account. I needed my funds right away because money needed to secure my family's shelter. Renee made it seem like she wanted to help but all she said did was play with my emotions. She made promises to correct her mistake but all she did was give me the runaround via text messages.

Before going to the BBB, I tried to resolve the matter with Renee. She would tell me that she mailed the check and I would go to the mailbox for a week. I would tell her that I haven't received anything and she would say check supposedly and say it was returned. I went in circles with her telling me lies when she had no intention to pay anything. I have proof of text messages for everything and my bank statement and with all this, they still won't do the right thing of refunding my down payment.

Please, please, do not be fooled by these people who act like they want a relationship with your kids and that they are so interested in their education. It's all facade to tie you into their contract and then they BLEED your money. They have an objective which is to get all you got at no cost. None of them are genuine. Once you give them the money, they will do and say anything to not refund it even when you the evidence to support their wrong doing. No one should have to spend thousands of dollars to build a child's confidence. I will not budge and give in. I'm still fighting for my refund. Save yourself the same grief. I will broadcast this if it's necessary. I'm currently looking for people who have experienced similar situations in order to file a civil lawsuit them.

I'm on the dance team at my school and we were doing a competition. I went to the mall at Nashville, and I decided to sign up with Barbizon and see where that takes me. I used to watch Shirley Temple when I was little and I always wanted to be an actress or model. Then I got a call from them a couple of months later. I looked through the magazines that they gave me and wanted to make sure that their program was not like one of those fake ones. But I saw some people there that I recognized, so I was like, "Okay, that's good."

I went to the Barbizon modeling and acting class in Chattanooga, and then they changed to Georgia, but that was way too far for me, so they transferred me to Nashville and that's the one I took. I'm from a small town, so signing up with Barbizon was very out of my comfort zone. At first, they interviewed us and everything went really fast. The staff made me feel a lot comfortable. My experience with Barbizon definitely made me feel more confident about myself. Doing the Barbizon class once every month was like being a different person for one time a month. I'm very satisfied and I really like the experience that I had with them. It has quite improved me a lot.

It was Olivia's second time to go out with something like a personal development. I told her once she got a little older that we would try it. I looked and read some reviews online and we decided to give Barbizon a try. So far, it’s working out good. She learned a lot and met new people and friends. She really has shown growth in her personality so it was a great experience. Also, the staff there was always very respectful and helpful and their communication was very well.

For the most part, my daughter enjoyed the experience with Barbizon. It has opened her up in regards to the way she looks at life although she's young. Also, I've seen her confidence level go up. The classes have opened her up to be more outspoken, not in a bad way but to be able to voice her opinion, not feel threatened by it and voice it in a way that she is not offensive to others. She's also being more inclusive of others and other people. I've seen the growth in her over the course of the classes that she's taken in the last six months. She completed her classes in December, but even at school, she volunteers more for public speaking. Now she's still enjoying the opportunities that she's hopefully able to participate in. She's doing the audition for Passport to Discovery and she's also doing the audition for the Capital District that's coming up in May. The one for the Capital District, I appreciate Barbizon inviting her to that.

The Director of buffalo go by the name Michelle has a very bad attitude and very unprofessional to be working with kids. My daughter was attend her 2 day of class and I owe .50 cent and she wouldn't let my daughter go into the classroom until I pay the .50 cent and I told Michelle when I came to get my daughter I would bring it back and she told me no because she can lose her job over .50 cent. Then a situation happen in class and Michelle the Director of the school told my daughter if they kick her out she will not receive none of her money back that her parents put in. Very unprofessional to say to a child that didn't know her parents was paying for her to attend them class.

Also I call the corporate office to let them know my daughter was not comfortable attend their school and ask them to refund me my money and on my contract it say 50 dollars of the money is nonrefundable and 150 was nonrefundable and she only attend 33% of the class and they got 820 dollars from us and they don't want to refund none of the money back.

Barbizon called me but I wasn’t positive it was something I wanted to do. Then they called me back again and I thought it would be good for my child, to help instill confidence and learn how to conduct herself around others and in interviews, to put on makeup. It's been a very positive experience so far. My daughter's doing something nobody else or her friends are doing, and it's building confidence knowing that she can do what Barbizon is asking her to do.

However, Barbizon doesn't tell you up front it's gonna cost you money. They get you in there, talk to you for an hour and a half, try to sell you on their product and then tell you how much it costs. They put you on the spot and you have to make a quick decision for a lot of money. I understand why they do it, but from a consumer standpoint, it catches you off guard. That was something I wish I would've been a little more prepared for going into it.

One of the reps from Barbizon was at the International Mall. My daughter got a sheet and signed up, and we got a call from them. We enrolled her because that made her happy. Barbizon taught them how to behave in public, as well as manners so it wasn't that bad. Then we got a call from Passport to Discovery, and in my opinion, that's a total scam because I pay almost $4,000 for a Carnival cruise, which is the cheapest cruise. But other than that, my daughter got lots of confidence and that was why we supported her. This is something that made my child happy and I don't regret doing it for her. That was a very, very positive thing but it was very expensive to gain this positive feedback. The only reason I won't recommend it to anyone is the fee.

My parents got a phone call. They told me that I was a selected to audition, and we found out about Barbizon through that. Barbizon sounded very promising. I needed confidence and skills, so my parents thought it would be a very good investment. I have the want and the drive to finish, and I felt Barbizon was going to improve my acting and modeling skills.

The classes were very fun. My family did not have enough money to pay for it all at once, and I like how Barbizon let us split up the payments. That was very helpful. I was very sad because our director had to leave our second month of class. So it took a little while for us to get used to our new director, but she was very nice and very sweet to us. And I love my teacher. I am very thankful because I wouldn't be who I am today without Barbizon. I've built up my confidence and my acting skills for auditions and I can do my runway walk with no problem. I'm getting ready for Passport to Discovery and I'm very excited about that.

My daughter was approached at the mall, along with a bunch of her friends, and was asked to fill in some information if she was ever interested in modeling. It was a right time, right place kind of situation. She had been interested in it for a while, so she put the information in. Signing up was very easy for her. She’s a happy-go-lucky kid and she's lucky enough to be tall, skinny and pretty. So she just showed her own personality and I think that's what attracted them to her.

It had been a while and then we got contacted by them to see if she still wanted to come in and see if they could find a fit for her. It's not just about being pretty. There was a lot of education, little steps they needs to take and little nuances within the industry, and Barbizon prep them for it. There's a series of classes that they offered, so she went to those and had a lot of great experiences and takeaways from them. Every time she would go, she’d come back with something else. We've noticed a physical and a mental change on her. She stopped dressing sloppily. Her attitude was always good and she always had a good outlook. It just seemed like the outside was matching the inside more.

She loved the classes and we've competed twice. We also did the Passport to Discovery competition and she got accepted, but unfortunately, financially, we couldn't do it. But she just got accepted again for the one that’s coming up in Washington, D.C., and we're looking forward to going to that and what comes from it.

It was a great experience with Barbizon. Everything's been good with their staff. Any time I've had to call or talk to anybody, they’ve always been very pleasant. We also like that they’re willing to talk with her, and if she needs to take refresher classes, she can. We’re getting ready to sign up for the extension so that’s going to be a different aspect that we’re running into. That's coming down the road and we're just hoping to get her working more because she's already working here locally.

My daughter was at the mall and got a brochure from Barbizon. They were a little more affordable so we went with them. She took the class where they went once a month for six Saturdays, which was best to have a little of everything. Signing up was easy but financially a burden. Every time there's something to be offered, there has to be money to be shelled out. Right now they got the D.C. thing that they're talking about, and just to do that costs $795, which doesn't include the hotel stay. I'm still struggling to figure out how I'm going to pay for the cruise because they highly recommend getting sought out by agents. They tell you, “Your daughter is this, your daughter is that.” But then when you're talking to the other girls, they all have the same critique.

My husband feels like it’s a scam, especially with wanting $4000 for a cruise when the average cruise to where we’re going is only $1100 round trip. We’re looking at almost $7000 because my husband doesn't want our daughter to go alone. In the meantime, we don't know if we're going to have it at the deadline, and then we’ll look like the bad guys because it's something she really wants to do. Then the reps at Barbizon are like, “If you go to the D.C. thing, you might be able to get a scholarship and that could pay for the whole thing or 50% or 30%.” If we want to stay at the hotel for the low price of $1300, we can take the gamble of maybe getting the scholarship on the cruise or not. Just so that she can have the exposure to agents, to know if this is what she's really gonna do in life. Overall Barbizon has done everything that they said they would do, but right now my photographer is giving my daughter more exposure than they have.

My daughter was 10 years old when she first wanted to go to Barbizon. She attempted the first time and she missed a call to do it. At 16 she made it and she went through the entire program. The worst part of signing up was the financial aspect of it because it's really high, but Barbizon wanted her so badly that they were willing to give her a partial scholarship, which really helped. She paid her way through Barbizon and I did not pay a dime for her.

One time in school, a problem arose when a gentleman was harassing my daughter, and she brought it up to the attention of the faculty there. The following day, the faculty staff called to make sure that everything was okay. Thanks to Barbizon, she now smiles more. She's already photogenic, but she loves to take photos and she knows the angles in which she should pose now. She holds her head higher when she goes out in public and with friends, and she takes great pride in the way she looks more so than before. Overall it's a great program and every child should do it and build their well-being.

The Barbizon staff has been very nice. Signing up my daughter with them was fine but they could do better about explaining ahead of time before you get there into the big room. Also, once you get to a certain level, you think you're coming in just for an audition but you're gonna need to pay a lot more money for it. That could be explained a lot better too. I also had questions on some of the classes that my daughter went through as to why they did them. Then after they graduate, it would take six weeks to get the paperwork. I called them after the six weeks and they told me that it was going to take anywhere from four to six weeks for me to either get an email or a package in the mail. So I asked the lady to let me talk to someone above her and then she said that I'd have that email in the next couple of hours.

I was walking through the mall and Barbizon had a table set up. They have been around for a long time and for fun, I filled out a card for my daughter who had talked about wanting to try modelling. The process of signing her up was easy. We came down to Tampa to meet them. It was like an audition and it's a no-brainer because my daughter is 6-foot-1. She then took the classes, but was a little too old because she's 20. She was hoping it would open up more doors for modelling. She has been hired as a paid intern for Barbizon. She would work maybe one week in a month but would work more if offered. She likes working with the kids, loves everybody very much, and is enjoying it, which is awesome.

My daughter has always expressed that interest in personal development. Since Barbizon Modeling was what we had available at the time we were looking, we signed up with them. The whole signing up process was easy. They started with a presentation and they walked us through the process. So far, it has boosted her confidence and created additional interest in modelling and acting. However, the website and their method of communication when they send letters by email, the quality is not there. Sometimes, the documents that we receive is very low quality and when we print it off or enlarge it, it's difficult to read.

My daughter was walking in the mall when Barbizon stopped her and asked if she was interested. She filled out an info card and they called and said that if she was interested, she should call back some talent person. When we called that person, we were told that there's a big meeting where they were interviewing possible Barbizon people. My daughter went to it and 400 people showed up. They claimed only 50 was chosen and she was one of the 50.

Personal development wise, it gave her a lot more self-confidence and poise. She's already very lady-like but it educated her that she's doing the right stuff with skin care, hair and makeup. But I don't know if it's really been helpful getting her into a modeling career. Like in the packet that they sent, they expect her to create her own slate, video and curriculum vitae that she has no experience to put on there. That's been the disappointing part. The biggest thing to us was that they said they know most people aren't gonna become runway models but they could do catalog modeling. That was a very interesting prospect for us but I don't know if that's gonna turn out now.

My daughter, Brianna, went through the Barbizon modeling and acting class. We received a call from a scout who told her that they wanted her to come through on a plan. They gave the information to let me know what it was all about, and it sounded like it was something good to get her in to give it a shot because she wants to model and do acting.

When I first got the call and the email, I was like, "Okay. Here we go. There's some company wanting money and to waste time." But it was very nice. We went and we sat through the orientation and they told us all about the class. Then we waited while she talked with the scouting agent in the next room, and it went from there. They told us to come back and we were interested. The staff at Barbizon were all friendly. If I had a question, they responded immediately, and that was nice. It was easy to sign Brianna up for the class, and so far we've been sticking with it.

My daughter has become more outspoken and outgoing since she got started with the Barbizon program. She was very excited about everything she learned. She would come home and share it with us. When I went in there, I was thinking, "Okay, this will be all that I would hear from them - the list of what I have to pay." But she has auditioned, and thus far they're real.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers Company Profile