Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My daughter was trying to build her confidence and get into doing some modeling. She likes that. She was happy with the teachers that she had at Barbizon, and everyone that I've had to deal with was nice and helped us out a lot. The program made a big difference. She's more outgoing, not as shy, and she's happier with herself. I was generally pleased with the outcome. It was a very good experience, and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

My daughter always wanted to do modeling and acting, so when the opportunity with Barbizon came up, we pursued it and everything seemed to play out accordingly. She's a little actress and it was a good fit for her. I couldn’t pass up this opportunity for her. Signing up was very easy. With regard to the payment, you could pay a lump sum or do it over time, so it's very convenient if somebody’s strapped financially. I didn’t encounter any issues.

My daughter has always been outgoing. When she puts her mind to something, she can do it. During graduation, there's a little fashion show and she was very happy with the number of agents that were interested in her. She's been on several auditions and she got to sing in one of the Conan Shows over Christmas. Seeing that, it makes her want to work harder when it becomes a reality.

My wife and daughter went to the mall a while back and my daughter filled out a card, then I got a phone call one day where I was briefed about Barbizon. It was a good opportunity and the right thing to do at the right time to put our daughter in Barbizon and it was the right place. Their staff were very knowledgeable and were always nice and the ladies were great from the times that I had drop my daughter off.

Amazingly enough, Barbizon's modeling program has made my daughter more confident and has gotten her out of her shell. She's really a shy person and takes a long time for her to get to know people so the program really forced her to become her own person and do her own thing. Now, she's even in a dual credit speech class at school and she says that it's not a problem because a lot of the things she learned in Barbizon is what she can use in the class. It's awesome and definitely worth the money. My wife and I really appreciate it and hope that she can gain some more. I hope that she has opportunities down the road to really utilize the things she's learned even though she's already got some and we'd love to see how that expands.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Barbizon modeling and acting program! We see that you returned your model card to enroll in the placement program which is really great place to start if you are interested in pursuing modeling and acting opportunities. Have you had a chance to submit to any of the agencies on the list provided with your placement package yet? Additionally, you can contact your local school directly to make sure that your placement status includes all of the modeling and acting opportunities in the major cities near you. Opportunities will be submitted to you but are dependent on client requirements and the availability of jobs in your specific region. Hope this helps and please do reach out to your school directly for further information.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I got signed up with Barbizon in the mall and I told my mom about it when I got home. We were worried at first but my parents came up to me and asked if it was something I was interested in. It seemed fun to me so we went in to Barbizon inside the mall and my parents heard in the meeting that all of them in Barbizon are nice. It was easy for my mom to sign me up but it was hard on the budget. I had the modeling class and we talked about everything. My interactions with the staff were good and I felt really close and comfortable with them. My mom was told how easy it was going to be for me to get jobs and that Barbizon will help out with jobs really quick after graduating but she doesn't see results that much.

We signed up with Barbizon for the fun of it. It was an opportunity to see where they can go. Signing up with them was pretty easy. Everything was pretty smooth and the staff was wonderful. The only problem I had was trying to get my daughter into the business. Everywhere she's been to or wherever they sent her to, people like her right off the bat. But sometimes it's costly trying to get her into other areas and getting her be recognized by someone. My husband is on a fixed income right now and it's kind of hard.

They wanted my daughter to go to a trip sometime this year. They came back and told me they've given her another 20% off discount and that they really want her to go. But 20% discount is not enough. If I'm going to go with her, we're still talking about $5000 or $6000 for the whole package and that is where things need to be put to the head office. There is opportunity but there's not enough opportunity where low income people can be given a chance. Barbizon should have a scholarship where they can help them. That's my only problem and everything else was great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barbizon?

My daughter saw a Barbizon stand in the mall and she signed up for it. It was an easy process although I was a bit worried having to spend the money and not knowing where it would take her but we went through with it. She went to the classes that were held in Hebron, Kentucky. She was leaning towards acting but I guess she did wind up modeling. My daughter now wears cologne and make up which she never did before. Their staff was real nice. Anytime I needed something I could call them and they would always make sure to answer our questions. Now I'm waiting for her placement packet.

My daughter was interested in personal development, such as in modeling and acting, and it seemed to help her self-confidence. It was an easy and pleasant experience signing my child up with Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers. The lady that we signed up with seemed very knowledgeable of what we were doing and able to answer any of our questions, and was really easy to talk to. My child participated in a class in Shreveport last year during this time. She's always been into dance, so it helped her self-confidence and taught her how to be a little lady. I wouldn't recommend the Barbizon class to everybody since it's not something that's for everybody, but I have recommended it to people I thought it would be good for. Overall, we had an amazing experience with Barbizon.

Resolution In Progress

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Hi Patrick, Thank you so much for taking the time to review your daughter's experience. We are happy to hear she learned new skills from her time in the program. We reviewed your account and noticed that while she requested a placement package from her local school, they did not receive back a model card back. She will need to submit this in order to receive notifications of upcoming modeling and acting opportunities. This is a great resource to help her learn about more bookings in her area. If you call the local school directly, they will be able to provide you with more information about their placement program for graduates.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I went to the meeting that Barbizon Modeling had. I wanted to really see what it was about. Signing up with them was easy, and my child went to all the classes and to events in Cleveland, Tennessee to audition. She has better modeling skills with Barbizon along with her overall appearance and how she acts. However, it got a little costly and I didn't really see the reason for all of that. I'm a little bit dissatisfied as they didn't do enough booking too.

I've been in Barbizon since September, I just love it!!! I do modeling and acting and I have gotten a lot of experience lately! The teachers are really polite, lovely, they make you confident! Ms. Marylin is a one of the awesome teachers in the industry, and Also Ms. Jezzel is awesome! You should check it out!

A friend of my daughter that was doing Barbizon introduced us to it. It's something my daughter wanted to try. She has lupus and an abundance of illnesses and I thought getting her into Barbizon would help her. Signing her up with them was relatively easy and their staff was pretty good. My daughter did the full class and it was exceptional and wonderful. She enjoyed it and the people she went in there with.

For the most part, everyone was so pleasant. However, when she joined an event at the movie theater, that kind of discouraged her because she heard the young lady that was over her say that she didn't do certain things. I called them about it because different kids have different needs or things that go on. And before that event, my daughter was excited and confident that she can do things but now her self-esteem's less and she's second-guessing on what she wants to do next. That's a lot of money to be sitting up here and she doesn't know if she still wants to continue. I don't even know if I can get her to go back to the class because I would like her to do the class over again.

Also, I was supposed to get a packet and I haven't gotten it to fill it out and do the other stuff for my daughter. Then they called about an internship but at that time, she didn't have her license yet. She does now but I don't know how it goes and what it's supposed to do to put her out there. And they were supposed to be working to be able to get money and she hasn't experienced any of that yet.

The staff at Barbizon was always very professional and more than helpful. My daughter enjoyed being under the program. She learned a lot and enjoyed the cruise that we just did. However, signing her up was time-consuming. They did a little presentation and then we had to wait in line to meet with people to see if they wanted to pick my daughter or not and it took up five hours of the day.

Resolution In Progress

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Hi Salena, We are happy to hear your daughter enjoyed the Barbizon program and that is helped to boost her self-esteem. In reviewing her profile, it looks like her placement enrollment was not sent back to the local school following graduation. This is needed to receive notifications of booking opportunities for modeling and acting jobs. If she returns the model card provided in the placement package she will be eligible for these notifications. Please contact your local school directly and they would be happy to provide you with information about the placement program and what is needed to start taking advantage of this free graduate resource.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

My daughter enjoys modeling and acting. The staff at Barbizon was good and Barbizon did boost up her self-esteem and did what it’s supposed to have done with the courses. However, after the courses were over, we were just left out in the cold. She did an audition but we thought after we paid the $2,000, she would start trying to get gigs in order to get the money back. She's not and my husband is highly upset about that.

This is amazing modeling school of barbizon. This is new way for all who wanna be a model or acting because really in the Barbizon very nice and funny school and I'm student there and I get nice experience! I like it.

Ms. ** and Ms. ** are great teachers. For the couple months that I have been attending Barbizon I love it and learn a lot. It is a really good school and is worth the money and time. I know that after I finish with Barbizon I will become successful and I am glad that my mom enrolled me in this program. It is awesome.

It's a fun but expensive experience. They teach you the way of the industry and how it works and helps you build confidence. They also hold photo shoots, teach you how to pose, how to walk a runway, improvisation, as well as edict and how to carry yourself.

BARBIZON is my first ever acting and modeling agency and I can't really say that they are the BEST AMONG THE REST but I can say that the way these people treat their students...it's just sooo full of positive attitude. They always motivate you to do better. Since I got here in Barbizon my confidence has been boosted up, more than ever. I never really actually do fashion and "girly" things because I was afraid what others might think BUT since I came to Barbizon I became more of myself.

We've had a good experience with Barbizon. My daughter was at a weird place as far as teenagers can be. I'm not the most socially graceful person and she gets that from me but she does better than I do now. Getting their services gave my daughter confidence and a boost to her self-esteem. And now, she could walk into a room and be able to stand there, smile and talk to somebody. Those kinds of things are the biggest benefits to me even if their price is expensive. My daughter also has worked for them so she's earned a bit of money for them. She's had the opportunity to sign with an agent so she's had good experiences with them.

My daughter wants to be a model and it was easy signing her up with Barbizon. Everybody was friendly and excited. They pretty much explained what the whole program was. It's been good for her and for her personality. She's become more outgoing and more disciplined. She's done the Barbizon competition audition, the Passport to Discovery audition, and something at a horse convention place in Conyers. It has been a very good and pleasant experience with Barbizon.

My 14 yr wanted a career in modeling. He is a good looking young man. Because I would not make an immediate on the spot decision on getting him to the modeling school, an 8 hour round trip, on their schedule, he is not going to be with this company. He truly wanted this, I wanted it for him. I was willing to do almost anything to get him there, 4 hours one way. I had 2 days with previous commitments I could not change over the next 5 months. They refused to work with us. He was saddened they would not work with us for those 2 days. It was not about the almost $2,500 they wanted that day. It was about 2 days that I had previous commitments.

I have trust issues with some agencies but meeting the people from Barbizon made it seemed really legit. They seemed really confident in themselves and the people that they were signing up for classes. I really liked it. They're really clear about everything that I needed to be prepared for and what I needed for classes. The staff were really nice. They understand that most people aren't already in that business and they're really patient with you and really thorough about the things that you need help with. My confidence is better since signing up with them. Meeting everybody, getting along, making new friendships and the different projects that we had to do together made us closer and more experienced. I've learned a lot about the modeling industry and how to present myself in public. I would definitely recommend Barbizon to anybody.

I've always thought about modeling but I never knew how to get into it. I got a random call from Barbizon wherein they told me that I was in. When I finally got this call, I thought it's my chance so I might as well take it. Signing up was easy. The difficulty is on my part trying to figure myself out and raising my confidence. After I realized how to do that, the experience became so much easier and clearer. I am about to go on the PTD cruise. I loved the teachers. One in particular was awesome. She made me come out of my shell and helped everybody. It's been an outstanding, life-changing experience with Barbizon. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel like I'm actually like myself now. I don't really worry about what people think or say about me.

As I was walking one time, I saw a Barbizon stand at the mall that I shop at. I've always wanted to try modelling. It's one of those things I always thought I could do. So, when this opportunity came up, I figured if I didn't try it I'd be regretting it years from now. It was super easy to sign up with them. I went for the initial interview and I was in and out in an hour and a half. Then, they called me back right away. Everyone there was super attentive and helpful. My teacher was awesome. It was one of her first classes but she did a great job. Even though it was an eight-and-a-half-hour-day, I still looked forward to it every month.

I learned a lot from their program. They taught me a lot on how to model and a lot of character development. I was a shyer person before I started the classes. Talking to people I don't know or talking in front of a group really helped me transition into college. It was noticed by my family and my friends. It was fun and I really enjoyed it. It's more than just learning how to model and how to act. It's a lot about growing as a person which I actually wasn't expecting it to be. It helped me more all around as a person than just learning how to get my picture taken. I graduated from my classes in January and then I competed at the Washington D.C. Barbizon competition this past June. It was an amazing experience and I'd recommend it to anyone.

I personally paid for my sister's classes. I was there when she signed up. When I asked them how long does it take to get a response on an event or a special, they told me it was fast or it depends on the kind of agent they’re looking for. I saw her training every day, learning the poses, the catwalks and she took it very personally. In fact, I was the one who took her to all the places. However, we still haven't got the packet and every time we called for the packet, they keep telling us to wait but it's been three months, and we still haven't gotten it.

She already did the class, passed and graduated but there was no call to inform her if there's going to be tryouts. She had one event in a mall and the team leader never showed up nor contacted her. When we couldn't contact her, we called the office to let them know that we couldn't find her. They even tried to contact her but she never reached out. Barbizon helped us at some situations but overall, they lack professionalism. Our experience was not very good.

Somebody just randomly called me and said somebody picked my name in the drawing for Barbizon. I decided to try modelling and acting because I wanted to have experience in it, learn more about the industry and find a career in that field. Right now I am interning with them. I help the educational director with the classes. I also help the girls set up the room until they'd work. I haven't participated in any event yet. Everything is easy except for driving up there to class. Since there's like a lot of events going on, it's hard to find parking and you had to pay for it, too.

I also attended some classes. We had about three or four different teachers which didn't make sense to me. I didn't have anybody I could focus on. If you only have one person as a teacher they would have known you more personally. They'll know your strengths and weaknesses. Barbizon helped me learn the things that I did not know that was out there like health, skin care regimen and nails. It just built more knowledge for me about what's actually happening in the industry. It was a different experience. I wish I can have more opportunities like that in the future.

My daughter is a very beautiful person inside and out and she has an interest in fashion so I thought Barbizon might be a good step in the door. I was very concerned about some of the reviews that I've read online and so I didn’t want to spend all those money and not get anywhere which, unfortunately, is where we’ve ended up. But I’m sure it’s the lack of ability to know where we need to go within marketing her. She completed the initial program where I had to pay $2,000 for her development and she attended this audition for a cruise and she was selected, but we just could not afford to pay more to go on a cruise.

She didn’t get a lot out of the classes. I don’t know if they taught her more than what she already knew. I thought I would get a more personalized experience. We didn’t really get an individual person helping us and walking us through the whole thing. It felt like a big corporation who processed people through and leaves it up to you to determine your own success. I don't have the time to invest in trying to develop a career for my daughter because I hoped that they would give us more direction and more personal attention for the amount of money we spent. It was a bit unorganized. They did not stick to the curriculum layout of what they had given us to what would be taught in each class. It was presented in a very minimalistic fashion rather than going above and beyond in trying to develop each girl to their full potential. I don't know if I would recommend this to somebody because I expected something different on the outcome.

We had a pretty good experience with Barbizon. It was eye-opening in life. But I haven’t been able to follow-up with the people that request a callback for my daughter. Also, they could have been more informative for the competition. We’re new to this and it felt like we were out there by ourselves. And we had to ask questions instead of them having an agenda set up when we arrive at the hotel that this is what we'll be doing and these are the classes we'll go to.

I’ve always known that Barbizon is a reputable company, and I contacted them because my daughter was interested in modeling. Also, she was lacking in self-esteem and I thought going to the classes would be good for her. We went to an informational session and signed her up, and then she started her classes. It was very easy. She took all of the classes that they have, and she graduated from the course and got her certificate. I would drop her off and pick her up. There was always somebody at Barbizon, and they seemed friendly enough. There were a couple of times that I had to call the 800 number to get a question answered. They called me back but there was one time that they never did.

My daughter learned about the industry and about modeling and acting. She hasn’t been practicing it as much as she should, though. Moreover, she said that she already knew everything about the hair and makeup stuff. In fact, she took it upon herself to go on YouTube and look at a lot of videos on that. She said that the person that was teaching wasn’t even as knowledgeable as she was about it. Barbizon has been keeping us very up-to-date. They send us newsletters consistently and keep us updated with the modeling cruise, the Passport to Discovery, that she’s about to do. For anyone interested in the modeling and acting industry, Barbizon is a reputable company to start with.

Signing up at the kiosk in the mall was really easy. But once I made it past the auditions, the payment process and filling out the paperwork online was kind of hard. But other than that, it was pretty easy. The staff has been awesome. I just moved in, so I haven't sent in my placement, and haven't gotten any jobs yet. But I'm currently teaching for Barbizon, and I've had my own class and was also a sub for another class.

Modeling and acting are something I wanted to get into as a career, so signing up with Barbizon could be a good try. At the time, I wasn't really looking into the modeling agencies, but we were walking through the mall and they were passing out fliers. I thought to try it out, so I wrote my name down and a couple of other people. Their staff was friendly and understanding. They work with us well and they are able to answer our questions. I'm going on that cruise that's supposed to be coming up in October. Their program has improved my self-esteem, posture, and also gave me beauty tips to look better and healthy.

We had a lot of people at Barbizon to help us sign up so it was easy. My daughter wants to be an actress, and she did all the classes and she went through recruiting jobs with them. Her confidence went up a little bit and she had fun doing it. It was an interesting experience.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers Company Profile