toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My daughter always wanted to do modeling and acting, so when the opportunity with Barbizon came up, we pursued it and everything seemed to play out accordingly. She's a little actress and it was a good fit for her. I couldn’t pass up this opportunity for her. Signing up was very easy. With regard to the payment, you could pay a lump sum or do it over time, so it's very convenient if somebody’s strapped financially. I didn’t encounter any issues.

My daughter has always been outgoing. When she puts her mind to something, she can do it. During graduation, there's a little fashion show and she was very happy with the number of agents that were interested in her. She's been on several auditions and she got to sing in one of the Conan Shows over Christmas. Seeing that, it makes her want to work harder when it becomes a reality.

This was all new for us. But signing up our daughter wasn't too difficult, we just needed to commit to taking her that one weekend out of the month and getting the dresses and all the required stuff. It can be pricey at times. The couple of times I went, the people at Barbizon were really polite and interacting. And when they contacted us on the phone, they seemed courteous and professional. The program definitely improved our daughter's confidence and it was a good thing. Barbizon gave a good opportunity for my daughter to develop into something that she likes and I am grateful for that.

My daughter wants to be a model and it was easy signing her up with Barbizon. Everybody was friendly and excited. They pretty much explained what the whole program was. It's been good for her and for her personality. She's become more outgoing and more disciplined. She's done the Barbizon competition audition, the Passport to Discovery audition, and something at a horse convention place in Conyers. It has been a very good and pleasant experience with Barbizon.

My 14 yr wanted a career in modeling. He is a good looking young man. Because I would not make an immediate on the spot decision on getting him to the modeling school, an 8 hour round trip, on their schedule, he is not going to be with this company. He truly wanted this, I wanted it for him. I was willing to do almost anything to get him there, 4 hours one way. I had 2 days with previous commitments I could not change over the next 5 months. They refused to work with us. He was saddened they would not work with us for those 2 days. It was not about the almost $2,500 they wanted that day. It was about 2 days that I had previous commitments.

I have trust issues with some agencies but meeting the people from Barbizon made it seemed really legit. They seemed really confident in themselves and the people that they were signing up for classes. I really liked it. They're really clear about everything that I needed to be prepared for and what I needed for classes. The staff were really nice. They understand that most people aren't already in that business and they're really patient with you and really thorough about the things that you need help with. My confidence is better since signing up with them. Meeting everybody, getting along, making new friendships and the different projects that we had to do together made us closer and more experienced. I've learned a lot about the modeling industry and how to present myself in public. I would definitely recommend Barbizon to anybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barbizon?

I've always thought about modeling but I never knew how to get into it. I got a random call from Barbizon wherein they told me that I was in. When I finally got this call, I thought it's my chance so I might as well take it. Signing up was easy. The difficulty is on my part trying to figure myself out and raising my confidence. After I realized how to do that, the experience became so much easier and clearer. I am about to go on the PTD cruise. I loved the teachers. One in particular was awesome. She made me come out of my shell and helped everybody. It's been an outstanding, life-changing experience with Barbizon. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel like I'm actually like myself now. I don't really worry about what people think or say about me.

As I was walking one time, I saw a Barbizon stand at the mall that I shop at. I've always wanted to try modelling. It's one of those things I always thought I could do. So, when this opportunity came up, I figured if I didn't try it I'd be regretting it years from now. It was super easy to sign up with them. I went for the initial interview and I was in and out in an hour and a half. Then, they called me back right away. Everyone there was super attentive and helpful. My teacher was awesome. It was one of her first classes but she did a great job. Even though it was an eight-and-a-half-hour-day, I still looked forward to it every month.

I learned a lot from their program. They taught me a lot on how to model and a lot of character development. I was a shyer person before I started the classes. Talking to people I don't know or talking in front of a group really helped me transition into college. It was noticed by my family and my friends. It was fun and I really enjoyed it. It's more than just learning how to model and how to act. It's a lot about growing as a person which I actually wasn't expecting it to be. It helped me more all around as a person than just learning how to get my picture taken. I graduated from my classes in January and then I competed at the Washington D.C. Barbizon competition this past June. It was an amazing experience and I'd recommend it to anyone.

I personally paid for my sister's classes. I was there when she signed up. When I asked them how long does it take to get a response on an event or a special, they told me it was fast or it depends on the kind of agent they’re looking for. I saw her training every day, learning the poses, the catwalks and she took it very personally. In fact, I was the one who took her to all the places. However, we still haven't got the packet and every time we called for the packet, they keep telling us to wait but it's been three months, and we still haven't gotten it.

She already did the class, passed and graduated but there was no call to inform her if there's going to be tryouts. She had one event in a mall and the team leader never showed up nor contacted her. When we couldn't contact her, we called the office to let them know that we couldn't find her. They even tried to contact her but she never reached out. Barbizon helped us at some situations but overall, they lack professionalism. Our experience was not very good.

Somebody just randomly called me and said somebody picked my name in the drawing for Barbizon. I decided to try modelling and acting because I wanted to have experience in it, learn more about the industry and find a career in that field. Right now I am interning with them. I help the educational director with the classes. I also help the girls set up the room until they'd work. I haven't participated in any event yet. Everything is easy except for driving up there to class. Since there's like a lot of events going on, it's hard to find parking and you had to pay for it, too.

I also attended some classes. We had about three or four different teachers which didn't make sense to me. I didn't have anybody I could focus on. If you only have one person as a teacher they would have known you more personally. They'll know your strengths and weaknesses. Barbizon helped me learn the things that I did not know that was out there like health, skin care regimen and nails. It just built more knowledge for me about what's actually happening in the industry. It was a different experience. I wish I can have more opportunities like that in the future.

My daughter is a very beautiful person inside and out and she has an interest in fashion so I thought Barbizon might be a good step in the door. I was very concerned about some of the reviews that I've read online and so I didn’t want to spend all those money and not get anywhere which, unfortunately, is where we’ve ended up. But I’m sure it’s the lack of ability to know where we need to go within marketing her. She completed the initial program where I had to pay $2,000 for her development and she attended this audition for a cruise and she was selected, but we just could not afford to pay more to go on a cruise.

She didn’t get a lot out of the classes. I don’t know if they taught her more than what she already knew. I thought I would get a more personalized experience. We didn’t really get an individual person helping us and walking us through the whole thing. It felt like a big corporation who processed people through and leaves it up to you to determine your own success. I don't have the time to invest in trying to develop a career for my daughter because I hoped that they would give us more direction and more personal attention for the amount of money we spent. It was a bit unorganized. They did not stick to the curriculum layout of what they had given us to what would be taught in each class. It was presented in a very minimalistic fashion rather than going above and beyond in trying to develop each girl to their full potential. I don't know if I would recommend this to somebody because I expected something different on the outcome.

We had a pretty good experience with Barbizon. It was eye-opening in life. But I haven’t been able to follow-up with the people that request a callback for my daughter. Also, they could have been more informative for the competition. We’re new to this and it felt like we were out there by ourselves. And we had to ask questions instead of them having an agenda set up when we arrive at the hotel that this is what we'll be doing and these are the classes we'll go to.

I’ve always known that Barbizon is a reputable company, and I contacted them because my daughter was interested in modeling. Also, she was lacking in self-esteem and I thought going to the classes would be good for her. We went to an informational session and signed her up, and then she started her classes. It was very easy. She took all of the classes that they have, and she graduated from the course and got her certificate. I would drop her off and pick her up. There was always somebody at Barbizon, and they seemed friendly enough. There were a couple of times that I had to call the 800 number to get a question answered. They called me back but there was one time that they never did.

My daughter learned about the industry and about modeling and acting. She hasn’t been practicing it as much as she should, though. Moreover, she said that she already knew everything about the hair and makeup stuff. In fact, she took it upon herself to go on YouTube and look at a lot of videos on that. She said that the person that was teaching wasn’t even as knowledgeable as she was about it. Barbizon has been keeping us very up-to-date. They send us newsletters consistently and keep us updated with the modeling cruise, the Passport to Discovery, that she’s about to do. For anyone interested in the modeling and acting industry, Barbizon is a reputable company to start with.

Signing up at the kiosk in the mall was really easy. But once I made it past the auditions, the payment process and filling out the paperwork online was kind of hard. But other than that, it was pretty easy. The staff has been awesome. I just moved in, so I haven't sent in my placement, and haven't gotten any jobs yet. But I'm currently teaching for Barbizon, and I've had my own class and was also a sub for another class.

Modeling and acting are something I wanted to get into as a career, so signing up with Barbizon could be a good try. At the time, I wasn't really looking into the modeling agencies, but we were walking through the mall and they were passing out fliers. I thought to try it out, so I wrote my name down and a couple of other people. Their staff was friendly and understanding. They work with us well and they are able to answer our questions. I'm going on that cruise that's supposed to be coming up in October. Their program has improved my self-esteem, posture, and also gave me beauty tips to look better and healthy.

We had a lot of people at Barbizon to help us sign up so it was easy. My daughter wants to be an actress, and she did all the classes and she went through recruiting jobs with them. Her confidence went up a little bit and she had fun doing it. It was an interesting experience.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Hi Nicole, Thank you so much for taking the time to review your daughter’s Barbizon experience. It looks like your daughter recently enrolled for placement. As audition opportunities become available in your local area, she will begin to receive notifications of upcoming auditions for which she is a good candidate. Additionally, with her Placement Package she should have received a list of agents/managers in your local area that may be accepting submissions for representation. Has she had a chance to look into any of the contacts provided to start the submission process? If you would like any additional information regarding the placement process and audition availability in your area, please feel free to call 1-800-330-8361 and we would be happy to connect you with the placement department who can assist with specific information for you daughter.

We are sorry to hear your daughter felt mismatched with the other girls in the class. Did she have a chance to speak with her teacher about her experience? We would appreciate any further information about her experience as it is our goal to make sure each and every student is able to shine to their fullest potential throughout the program. Our corporate office can be reached via email at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2016

My child was walking in the mall with a friend, and Barbizon caught them. My child loves to act, and she needed a little bit of a boost on the other end, so we went with them. Signing her up was an easy process. However, it hasn't really done anything for her. They've called a couple of times asking her to come to some auditions, and when we would get there, it was discouraging because they would tell her it was for one thing and then it would end up being another thing. Also, they wanted more money from us that we didn't have. It was just a discouragement because she thought she was going to get to do an audition and go out for a job, and it wasn't what it was supposed to be, or what they told her. I have not been pleased with it. We spent $2,000 and we haven't gotten a thing out of it.

She had fun in the beginning. But a lot of the times, they would make them do group things. The group wouldn't participate, and my daughter was the only one doing everything, but the group was getting the credit for it. It was okay at the very beginning, but afterwards, she would be crying. She didn't like it, and she just thought that we wasted our money. She was waiting to get a job out of it, and there's nothing.

My daughter was trying to build her confidence and get into doing some modeling. She likes that. She was happy with the teachers that she had at Barbizon, and everyone that I've had to deal with was nice and helped us out a lot. The program made a big difference. She's more outgoing, not as shy, and she's happier with herself. I was generally pleased with the outcome. It was a very good experience, and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

My daughter said that acting and modeling were what she wanted to do. She’s always been a person that loves stars. She mentions the stars' names and looks them up on the internet. So, I felt it would help her earn some money for college. Signing up with Barbizon was easy. The difficult thing was coming from Tuscaloosa going to Hoover once or twice a month, but it wasn't too bad. Their staff are pretty nice people. If I have a question, they try their best to answer it and if they don’t know then they’ll find somebody that could help me.

Because of the Barbizon program, my daughter's got more confidence in herself. She used to be one of these people that didn’t communicate with a lot of people, but now she’s more active. She’s enjoying it very much and she’s improved in a lot of things that she needed help with. She’s completed the whole class and right now, she’s waiting to go to Passport to Discovery. I also have a granddaughter that I want to try to get in there in the next three years.

We were walking in the mall one time and there was a Barbizon booth. They stopped my daughter and a couple of girls in the mall. She’d always wanted to do personal development and Barbizon was the only one I knew. When we went to the introduction session, just listening to the past people that have been in it got my attention and the fact that they do God, family, and school. I thought those are the most important things in our lives so, that made me feel good. Signing up was very easy to do. Everybody was really nice and friendly. It was a good experience. However, she’s graduated for eight months now but she still hasn’t gotten any jobs from them yet.

She did 15th Annual Houston competition and that’s the only one she’s really been able to get into because everything’s expensive. She’s supposed to be on the cruise but I had to postpone that because we can’t afford that. It was easy interacting with their staff while she was in classes. They called us back right away and answered our questions. It was really good. Since she’s graduated, it’s a little harder to get people on the phone. Overall, the experience was easy, they're very informative and they made us feel comfortable. I love Barbizon in the sense that they taught my daughter a lot and gave her a lot of self-confidence.

My daughter has done the six months training with Barbizon. She went to a local day-long event and we were at the weekend event in Washington, DC in June. The staff at Barbizon are easy to talk to and helpful. But it was a little difficult when I was trying to get some information for the regional events. I had to call the number in Florida five times and had trouble getting a hold of someone who knew the answer.

Their program has made my daughter a little more confident and gave her some specific personal presentation skills, but she already had pretty great social skills before joining them. She graduated from the six month program and they sent us the placement packet, but we haven’t contacted any of the agencies that they suggested. I understand that it’s a business and they’re in it for a profit. But the thing that I found a little difficult is it’s a little misleading - if you graduate from this program and shows up to this event, she’s gonna get put in touch with people who will want to hire her. And that didn’t turn out to be true.

And when we paid almost $2,000 to go to this weekend event in Washington, they said she’d be put in front of all these modeling agencies. But none of the agencies that were local to Boston have contacted her. And some of the “agencies” that she went to the callback for just wanted people to participate in their contest. It wasn’t work for her. And then there was a really heavy sell to go on this six-day cruise thing, which was more thousands of dollars. My daughter thinks that the classes themselves were quite valuable, and that they did teach her skills that would be useful to her. But she says she feels the competitions were oversold in terms of getting her contact with people who might actually hire her. Overall, it was a bit of a pushover. It raised a lot of hopes for my daughter that were not realistic at all.

The Barbizon Modeling program definitely affected my child’s personal development. She was always into self-grooming and taking care of herself but they gave her a little bit more objective information about how to groom, dress, and present oneself. But so far, we’re doing Passport to Discovery with a little questioning about the opportunities.

I saw great reviews for Barbizon and enrolled my daughter in a modeling class with them. They offered to help with some of the expenses because I couldn’t afford the full tuition so we got a half off of it. She enjoyed herself and received awards in her class. She has also gained a better confidence level and etiquette in different areas since she joined the class.

My daughter has always wanted to do personal development so we decided to sign up with Barbizon. She did the six months classes and she also did the regional competition where she qualified for state. So she's going to state this next week. Every time we talk to their reps, they're really friendly and helpful. She just turned 10 and she's just starting to get into that phase. She has been taking care of herself more and wants to be more independent, and her confidence is better. I can really see that it has helped her. She really likes runway modeling.

It was in one of the kiosks at a carnival where we found Barbizon and my daughter signed up with them. They explain everything upfront, what to expect, and how much is the cost. It was no pressure. They contacted us about a couple of months later and my child wanted to do it. We went to the first workshop they had and she started going to the classes. They did everything-- how to model, how to apply makeup, how to work behind the scenes, and other different stuff.

Parents are not allowed to go in the center while they were conducting classes. Once we got there, they gave the children their materials and they go inside and the parents had to pick them up later that afternoon. They had classes in the morning and afternoon. My child is enjoying it and her modeling skill is getting there. The classes are positively affecting her personal development by bringing out her shyness. I recommend Barbizon.

My daughter always wanted to be on TV and do acting, and Barbizon were the first people that ever called to be interested in my daughter. We were nervous, hoping we would get the call for her to attend, and she did. We were very excited about it. The staff was always very cooperative. Any time I had a question, they always answered it for me. My daughter attended classes on how to do makeup, interviews and props, and she learned a lot. The things she’s taught me, I’m learning. We’re just waiting for someone to give her a call to see if she's eligible for any commercials. I want her to go back once she gets older so she can be proficient in what she wanna do.

At first, I thought Barbizon was a modeling agency because I had my daughter with me while we were walking through a mall and their reps were standing there and said my daughter is really pretty and she'd be a great model so I should sign her up. My daughter has always wanted to be a model so I signed her up thinking that it was for modeling. But when I went in Columbus for the big meeting, I found out that I had signed her up for classes in modeling and acting. They should have explained initially more about what Barbizon is before we had that meeting because we didn't even live in Columbus. It is about an hour and a half from where we are located.

They also say that once you pay for the classes, you're pretty much done with paying after that. That's not true because you have to pay about $300 for some big show in Atlanta. So there were a lot of monetary things that kept popping out at us at different times as if parents have that kind of money just sitting there. I wish we had been explained what signing up for their program entailed, what we'll be having to pay, and that even after the courses have been taken, your child is not guaranteed a job. They should be a little more organized in the initial information that they provide. The staff at Barbizon was good. I got the runaround a couple of times while talking to some people on the phone, but I had no problem with the people whom I actually met in person. They were amazing. The program gave my daughter a deeper knowledge of how to act and how to model.

My daughter's grandmother and her twin sister were with Barbizon when they were younger. One day, my daughter was stopped in the mall by Barbizon and since she really wanted to model and act, we looked further into it. She went through all the classes and events and got some confidence with it. She carries herself a little bit better and speaks more lady-like which is nice since she was always a tomboy. Now, she wants to get a booking.

Barbizon has been around forever and is well respected so when our child showed an interest, we signed her up for their modeling program. The sign-up process was a great experience and everything was easy to follow. There were no complications. Their staff were very professional and nice. We talked to them and we got answers. With the program, our child definitely seems to be more mature and professional as far as when she goes to get a job or set up to an interview. She takes all that with her and that seems to be amazing. I'd recommend Barbizon to anybody.

My daughter has been wanting to act since she was little. We're taking every opportunity to be able to get her the skills that she needs. Signing her up with Barbizon was very fast-paced. We went to the audition one Saturday and then they were going to call us back on Sunday to see if she would qualify to attend. She did and then we worked out the kinks throughout the week, like what was going to be the cost. Barbizon worked with me with a financial assistance due to not having all the funds at that time. They're very persuasive. I understand that it's a business, so they are going to say and do whatever it takes.

My daughter went to the modeling and acting class that Barbizon offers. It's not a separate class which I thought was going to be, but it's more towards modeling. My daughter's confidence level has emerged. The other thing that I like is that they’ve offered her a job opportunity where she is at the mall and trying to recruit other little girls to get into Barbizon. She is so young and that’s the only thing she can do, but she gets paid for it and that’s always a plus.

I was part of Barbizon's program when I was a kid. I wasn't able to complete the program but I definitely enjoyed it and gained a lot of confidence while in it. That was one of the things I was looking for for my two girls. I signed them up and it was amazing. We got all of our information out there at once, which I appreciate. One child is currently enrolled and one has already graduated, moved on, done the competitions and enrolled in the cruise coming up. She's doing wonderful things. The program has helped them with their confidence and the way they carry and present themselves. Overall, it's been a wonderful experience.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers Company Profile