Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My daughter was trying to build her confidence and get into doing some modeling. She likes that. She was happy with the teachers that she had at Barbizon, and everyone that I've had to deal with was nice and helped us out a lot. The program made a big difference. She's more outgoing, not as shy, and she's happier with herself. I was generally pleased with the outcome. It was a very good experience, and I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

My daughter always wanted to do modeling and acting, so when the opportunity with Barbizon came up, we pursued it and everything seemed to play out accordingly. She's a little actress and it was a good fit for her. I couldn’t pass up this opportunity for her. Signing up was very easy. With regard to the payment, you could pay a lump sum or do it over time, so it's very convenient if somebody’s strapped financially. I didn’t encounter any issues.

My daughter has always been outgoing. When she puts her mind to something, she can do it. During graduation, there's a little fashion show and she was very happy with the number of agents that were interested in her. She's been on several auditions and she got to sing in one of the Conan Shows over Christmas. Seeing that, it makes her want to work harder when it becomes a reality.

We were at the mall then and a young lady came up to us and asked about signing up with Barbizon Modeling. Since my daughter really wanted to pursue modeling and acting, I thought it was a great opportunity for her. So, when we received a call about classes that were going to start here in Atlanta, my husband and I talked about it and we decided that we'd go ahead and let her take a shot at it to see what it was all about. So far, my interactions with their staff went well. She had a great instructor and she really liked her a lot. Their program really gave her some self-confidence to help her come out of her shell a little more. She’s very focused now that she’s signed with an agency, which was not going as well as we thought it would go. But, otherwise, it’s been an awesome experience, overall.

My daughter has always wanted to be in that industry of modeling and acting and always participates in pageants. Barbizon's reputation is pretty well known and I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt it had to be a reputable company. We got a flyer through the mail, filled out the paperwork, and then they sent the information. Signing her up wasn't difficult as they pretty much already had everything in place. They had the packets with the different plans we could choose from, the different payment options, and things they had available to all the parents going through the lifestyle. They would also call me, and sometimes send me information via the post or mail. My daughter attended their six-month program and she said it had given her a sense of confidence and a lot more information as far as runways, the turns, what to do, and what not to do. It was a great experience for her and I would recommend it to a friend.

Resolution In Progress

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Hi Sonya, Thanks so much for taking the time to review your daughter's experience. We are happy to hear that she enjoyed her classes and that they were able to help her build on her natural leadership skills. We apologize that there were some issues during your original registration and would like to let the local school know about the challenges you faced registering. Please send any additional information or comments to us at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com. Thank you again.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

My daughter was at the mall and there was a Barbizon kiosk, and she filled out information for their classes. Then they called us the first time and I didn't believe them because I didn't have a clue, and I'm like, "Oh my gosh, who is she giving my number to?" So, it went rather badly and we didn't attend the audition the first time around. The second time around, I spoke to a person who was very charismatic on the phone and made me feel quite at ease. We went and did the audition, and they said that they would love to take and train my daughter.

We initially didn't do the sign-up. We had a week to agree, but I took a bit longer. There was a lot of my daughter's begging that she wanted to do this, so I agreed to it. However, they did not give me all the information and paperwork, and we had planned a family trip, so she missed her first class. Nonetheless, they told us not to worry and that she can make that class up the following month. So, she went to the second class, which would have been her first class, even though it's the second class in the program, but they didn't have her booked. They had her on the list, but they had to call somebody to verify. It was a mess. She ended up making her first class up for her third class.

I let her take a lot of the initiatives. She is 15 and that's something that she really wanted. She's already driven and a leader, but this course was great for her because it gave her more skills that allowed her to be more comfortable, and it gave her the opportunity to show off some of her skills. She ended winning Diva twice because she went to the class that had that Diva award two times, where two different classes were make-up classes. All in all, it was her initiative and she took all the ownership of the classes. It wasn't something that we parents pushed our daughter into. It was something that she wanted, and she graduated and did very well at it, and I'm really proud of her. This course, though, isn't for everybody.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barbizon?

My daughter was in the mall and she signed up in the Barbizon Modeling kiosk. With their modeling program, she got the audition to go the cruise. Everything is just great and easy.

Resolution In Progress

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Hi Alice, We are sorry to hear about your experience. We would appreciate any specific feedback you had regarding the curriculum at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com. Our local schools are always evolving and improving the way the courses are taught to ensure that regardless of whether the student is interested in modeling, acting or personal development they are able to find success in the program. Regarding job opportunities, did your daughter ever call to request her placement package following graduation? During the program, students are informed that this is a necessary, no cost step to receive notifications of local job opportunities for which they are a good match. If you call the local school, they will be able to assist in providing you with specific information of what is included with placement. While the cruise audition is not required, it is a great additional opportunity for graduates looking to have access to many agents and managers that travel from all over the world for this event. We hope this helps answer some of your questions. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email if you would like any additional information.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

My daughter was approached in the mall about modeling with Barbizon. We attended the tryouts where they determined whether or not they qualified. The next day they pressure you into committing or you are out. We committed and attended training about once a month. There was a final showcase the last day where the girls showed off their ability. It was pretty bad watching some of the girls run down the runway. It appeared they were not trained by a professional as they said they would supply. At the end, they invite you to try out for a cruise.

I think all the girls made the cut because I saw them all the next day where they try to get you to pay thousands of dollars to go on a cruise in which there are no guarantees of jobs. We got 0 job opportunities through Barbizon. Only opportunities were me reaching in my back pocket. We have since moved onto another company and for much less money we are getting modeling opportunities. Barbizon will sell you on "you must pay money to get returns". This is hogwash. You must pay the money so they can live more eloquently.

Lina joined Barbizon's modeling and acting classes. I called in for a packet and haven't received it yet when she graduated. It's been a couple of days, but I got her certificate.

My daughter wanted to do modeling and acting, and we went with Barbizon since they seemed very enthusiastic for the kids that they were working with. Signing her up with Barbizon was very easy. The Barbizon staff has been like family. My daughter went to the audition for Passport to Discovery, and she got accepted. Barbizon's Modeling program helped her achieve obstacles that she used to not know how to achieve before.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Hi Bridgitte, Thank you so much for sharing your daughter's experience with Barbizon. We are happy to hear that it was a positive environment to nurture her personal development. In reviewing her file, it does not look like we have received the model card provided with her placement package. This is necessary to enroll her for placement notifications so that she will receive updates when modeling and acting jobs become available in your area. If you have any questions about the placement program and what is needed to complete her registration, please don't hesitate to contact the local school she attended directly. Thank you again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

My daughter signed herself up with Barbizon and she said it was easy. She still has some work to do when it comes to her shyness, but Barbizon is more personal versus a large-group training session that she had done before. She had smaller-group training sessions so it worked out a little bit better. The biggest disappointment was that she hasn't had any acting or modeling jobs to come through from it. When you join these programs, you want more than just the personal development.

My wife and daughter went to the mall a while back and my daughter filled out a card, then I got a phone call one day where I was briefed about Barbizon. It was a good opportunity and the right thing to do at the right time to put our daughter in Barbizon and it was the right place. Their staff were very knowledgeable and were always nice and the ladies were great from the times that I had drop my daughter off.

Amazingly enough, Barbizon's modeling program has made my daughter more confident and has gotten her out of her shell. She's really a shy person and takes a long time for her to get to know people so the program really forced her to become her own person and do her own thing. Now, she's even in a dual credit speech class at school and she says that it's not a problem because a lot of the things she learned in Barbizon is what she can use in the class. It's awesome and definitely worth the money. My wife and I really appreciate it and hope that she can gain some more. I hope that she has opportunities down the road to really utilize the things she's learned even though she's already got some and we'd love to see how that expands.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Barbizon modeling and acting program! We see that you returned your model card to enroll in the placement program which is really great place to start if you are interested in pursuing modeling and acting opportunities. Have you had a chance to submit to any of the agencies on the list provided with your placement package yet? Additionally, you can contact your local school directly to make sure that your placement status includes all of the modeling and acting opportunities in the major cities near you. Opportunities will be submitted to you but are dependent on client requirements and the availability of jobs in your specific region. Hope this helps and please do reach out to your school directly for further information.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

I got signed up with Barbizon in the mall and I told my mom about it when I got home. We were worried at first but my parents came up to me and asked if it was something I was interested in. It seemed fun to me so we went in to Barbizon inside the mall and my parents heard in the meeting that all of them in Barbizon are nice. It was easy for my mom to sign me up but it was hard on the budget. I had the modeling class and we talked about everything. My interactions with the staff were good and I felt really close and comfortable with them. My mom was told how easy it was going to be for me to get jobs and that Barbizon will help out with jobs really quick after graduating but she doesn't see results that much.

We signed up with Barbizon for the fun of it. It was an opportunity to see where they can go. Signing up with them was pretty easy. Everything was pretty smooth and the staff was wonderful. The only problem I had was trying to get my daughter into the business. Everywhere she's been to or wherever they sent her to, people like her right off the bat. But sometimes it's costly trying to get her into other areas and getting her be recognized by someone. My husband is on a fixed income right now and it's kind of hard.

They wanted my daughter to go to a trip sometime this year. They came back and told me they've given her another 20% off discount and that they really want her to go. But 20% discount is not enough. If I'm going to go with her, we're still talking about $5000 or $6000 for the whole package and that is where things need to be put to the head office. There is opportunity but there's not enough opportunity where low income people can be given a chance. Barbizon should have a scholarship where they can help them. That's my only problem and everything else was great.

My daughter saw a Barbizon stand in the mall and she signed up for it. It was an easy process although I was a bit worried having to spend the money and not knowing where it would take her but we went through with it. She went to the classes that were held in Hebron, Kentucky. She was leaning towards acting but I guess she did wind up modeling. My daughter now wears cologne and make up which she never did before. Their staff was real nice. Anytime I needed something I could call them and they would always make sure to answer our questions. Now I'm waiting for her placement packet.

Signing up with Barbizon was fairly easy. The staff were all very friendly and were able to answer any questions I had. I would recommend Barbizon Modeling to other people.

My daughter was interested in personal development, such as in modeling and acting, and it seemed to help her self-confidence. It was an easy and pleasant experience signing my child up with Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers. The lady that we signed up with seemed very knowledgeable of what we were doing and able to answer any of our questions, and was really easy to talk to. My child participated in a class in Shreveport last year during this time. She's always been into dance, so it helped her self-confidence and taught her how to be a little lady. I wouldn't recommend the Barbizon class to everybody since it's not something that's for everybody, but I have recommended it to people I thought it would be good for. Overall, we had an amazing experience with Barbizon.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Hi Patrick, Thank you so much for taking the time to review your daughter's experience. We are happy to hear she learned new skills from her time in the program. We reviewed your account and noticed that while she requested a placement package from her local school, they did not receive back a model card back. She will need to submit this in order to receive notifications of upcoming modeling and acting opportunities. This is a great resource to help her learn about more bookings in her area. If you call the local school directly, they will be able to provide you with more information about their placement program for graduates.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I went to the meeting that Barbizon Modeling had. I wanted to really see what it was about. Signing up with them was easy, and my child went to all the classes and to events in Cleveland, Tennessee to audition. She has better modeling skills with Barbizon along with her overall appearance and how she acts. However, it got a little costly and I didn't really see the reason for all of that. I'm a little bit dissatisfied as they didn't do enough booking too.

I've been in Barbizon since September, I just love it!!! I do modeling and acting and I have gotten a lot of experience lately! The teachers are really polite, lovely, they make you confident! Ms. Marylin is a one of the awesome teachers in the industry, and Also Ms. Jezzel is awesome! You should check it out!

A friend of my daughter that was doing Barbizon introduced us to it. It's something my daughter wanted to try. She has lupus and an abundance of illnesses and I thought getting her into Barbizon would help her. Signing her up with them was relatively easy and their staff was pretty good. My daughter did the full class and it was exceptional and wonderful. She enjoyed it and the people she went in there with.

For the most part, everyone was so pleasant. However, when she joined an event at the movie theater, that kind of discouraged her because she heard the young lady that was over her say that she didn't do certain things. I called them about it because different kids have different needs or things that go on. And before that event, my daughter was excited and confident that she can do things but now her self-esteem's less and she's second-guessing on what she wants to do next. That's a lot of money to be sitting up here and she doesn't know if she still wants to continue. I don't even know if I can get her to go back to the class because I would like her to do the class over again.

Also, I was supposed to get a packet and I haven't gotten it to fill it out and do the other stuff for my daughter. Then they called about an internship but at that time, she didn't have her license yet. She does now but I don't know how it goes and what it's supposed to do to put her out there. And they were supposed to be working to be able to get money and she hasn't experienced any of that yet.

The staff at Barbizon was always very professional and more than helpful. My daughter enjoyed being under the program. She learned a lot and enjoyed the cruise that we just did. However, signing her up was time-consuming. They did a little presentation and then we had to wait in line to meet with people to see if they wanted to pick my daughter or not and it took up five hours of the day.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers

Hi Salena, We are happy to hear your daughter enjoyed the Barbizon program and that is helped to boost her self-esteem. In reviewing her profile, it looks like her placement enrollment was not sent back to the local school following graduation. This is needed to receive notifications of booking opportunities for modeling and acting jobs. If she returns the model card provided in the placement package she will be eligible for these notifications. Please contact your local school directly and they would be happy to provide you with information about the placement program and what is needed to start taking advantage of this free graduate resource.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

My daughter enjoys modeling and acting. The staff at Barbizon was good and Barbizon did boost up her self-esteem and did what it’s supposed to have done with the courses. However, after the courses were over, we were just left out in the cold. She did an audition but we thought after we paid the $2,000, she would start trying to get gigs in order to get the money back. She's not and my husband is highly upset about that.

This is amazing modeling school of barbizon. This is new way for all who wanna be a model or acting because really in the Barbizon very nice and funny school and I'm student there and I get nice experience! I like it.

Ms. ** and Ms. ** are great teachers. For the couple months that I have been attending Barbizon I love it and learn a lot. It is a really good school and is worth the money and time. I know that after I finish with Barbizon I will become successful and I am glad that my mom enrolled me in this program. It is awesome.

It's a fun but expensive experience. They teach you the way of the industry and how it works and helps you build confidence. They also hold photo shoots, teach you how to pose, how to walk a runway, improvisation, as well as edict and how to carry yourself.

BARBIZON is my first ever acting and modeling agency and I can't really say that they are the BEST AMONG THE REST but I can say that the way these people treat their students...it's just sooo full of positive attitude. They always motivate you to do better. Since I got here in Barbizon my confidence has been boosted up, more than ever. I never really actually do fashion and "girly" things because I was afraid what others might think BUT since I came to Barbizon I became more of myself.

We've had a good experience with Barbizon. My daughter was at a weird place as far as teenagers can be. I'm not the most socially graceful person and she gets that from me but she does better than I do now. Getting their services gave my daughter confidence and a boost to her self-esteem. And now, she could walk into a room and be able to stand there, smile and talk to somebody. Those kinds of things are the biggest benefits to me even if their price is expensive. My daughter also has worked for them so she's earned a bit of money for them. She's had the opportunity to sign with an agent so she's had good experiences with them.

My daughter wants to be a model and it was easy signing her up with Barbizon. Everybody was friendly and excited. They pretty much explained what the whole program was. It's been good for her and for her personality. She's become more outgoing and more disciplined. She's done the Barbizon competition audition, the Passport to Discovery audition, and something at a horse convention place in Conyers. It has been a very good and pleasant experience with Barbizon.

My 14 yr wanted a career in modeling. He is a good looking young man. Because I would not make an immediate on the spot decision on getting him to the modeling school, an 8 hour round trip, on their schedule, he is not going to be with this company. He truly wanted this, I wanted it for him. I was willing to do almost anything to get him there, 4 hours one way. I had 2 days with previous commitments I could not change over the next 5 months. They refused to work with us. He was saddened they would not work with us for those 2 days. It was not about the almost $2,500 they wanted that day. It was about 2 days that I had previous commitments.

I have trust issues with some agencies but meeting the people from Barbizon made it seemed really legit. They seemed really confident in themselves and the people that they were signing up for classes. I really liked it. They're really clear about everything that I needed to be prepared for and what I needed for classes. The staff were really nice. They understand that most people aren't already in that business and they're really patient with you and really thorough about the things that you need help with. My confidence is better since signing up with them. Meeting everybody, getting along, making new friendships and the different projects that we had to do together made us closer and more experienced. I've learned a lot about the modeling industry and how to present myself in public. I would definitely recommend Barbizon to anybody.

I've always thought about modeling but I never knew how to get into it. I got a random call from Barbizon wherein they told me that I was in. When I finally got this call, I thought it's my chance so I might as well take it. Signing up was easy. The difficulty is on my part trying to figure myself out and raising my confidence. After I realized how to do that, the experience became so much easier and clearer. I am about to go on the PTD cruise. I loved the teachers. One in particular was awesome. She made me come out of my shell and helped everybody. It's been an outstanding, life-changing experience with Barbizon. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I feel like I'm actually like myself now. I don't really worry about what people think or say about me.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers Company Profile