It's that easy Request Information
4.02/5
Based on 68 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Barbizon was founded in 1939 and expanded from a single location on 5th Avenue in New York City to over 200 markets worldwide. Our program provides instruction in acting, modeling as well as personal development. At Barbizon, it is our goal to nurture the dreams of every client that enters our offices and help each them discover what makes them special. Let us help you develop your one-of-a-kind “star” quality and give you the tools to help you shine!

Barbizon Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

503 Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

My daughter and I were talking about modeling schools and we didn’t know a lot in Omaha. And it was right on time when someone from Barbizon called. My daughter was selected to go and audition. She is 18-years old and gorgeous and always wanted to walk so I looked into their modeling or acting class. We paid for a nine-month session that she went to. The enrollment was easy and once we paid the money, everything else was simple. If we needed any help, their people were there to assist us. They were welcoming too. Barbizon’s Modeling program helped her communication and social skills for she has trouble making friends. The program also helped her become comfortable with the people around her. We worked on the acting skills as well as the modeling program.

Get expert buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My daughter Valerie has always loved fashion and she always loved to sing. But I needed something to bring her personality more out of the shell because she’s a bit shy. So we thought maybe modeling would give her the confidence that she needs. We live in Canada and we’re in Ontario. We’re close to the border to the states and for us, Barbizon in Canada is only in Toronto. But it’s four hours away and they won’t accept anybody who lives so far so they recommend that I get the Barbizon in the States. I called them and they told me they do it in Michigan. And we agreed because for us, a ride to Michigan is just 30 minutes away.

We had two different experiences when we signed up with Barbizon. Valerie’s experience was awesome and she really loved it. She really had fun in all those classes and she prepared for them. I was happy but at the same time, I didn’t know too much about Barbizon and how things worked. We went to two different auditions and I was a bit disappointed because I didn’t know that we had to invest more money to get her to know those agents. She was so happy when she passed the auditions but we couldn’t place her because we couldn’t afford it so it was a bit sad for her. I talked to Barbizon and they told me that if she can do the placements, then we can go from there and see how it goes. But she couldn't make it until we could save a bit more money and then when she had another audition.

Our interaction with the staff at Barbizon was over the phone and we never got too much interaction with the teachers. They were always busy, they take care of the girls and they focus on the classes. But over the phone everything was good. They always gave me the information that I need and when I told them all my questions, they were willing to answer without any problem. The Barbizon Modeling program has made Valerie more confident. Also, she learned a lot more about how to do her hair and dressing and walking proudly to people. Our experience with Barbizon Modeling has been good and I really enjoyed what it brought to Valerie. She would do the commercials and she was good. She was a little bit nervous but she prepared. She was confident to talk in front of those people and the camera so that was good.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I wanted my daughter to increase her self-esteem and confidence, and have her learn make-up and how to take care of her skin. She then participated in Barbizon's six-month program, where she would go once a month for something from 9:00 in the morning to 5:00 in the afternoon. She would learn how to walk, do make-up, skin care, nails, and how to dress and do different hairstyles. They did a couple of mock interviewing, too. Signing up with them was pretty simple and I just filled out forms. Overall, I would recommend them.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 4, 2018

My daughter's interested in modeling, and she signed up with Barbizon. Their program sounded like it was a good fit at the time, so I let her do it. And since they wanted money, they made the process of signing up easy. The person that we signed up with was nice, but I didn't really care too much for the school and stuff that she attended. It seemed like they didn't really teach her anything useful or good. And every job that they tried to send her on is something we have to pay for and not anything she gets paid for. It was a waste of my money and I don't think that she benefited at all. So, I used other resources that I found myself that we did not pay for and she got paid for and those helped her way better. I wouldn't recommend Barbizon to anybody. Their program is just to take people's money, and I wish that there was a way that I could get back some of the money that I spent on it.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers response

Hi Cyndi, We checked your daughter's account and it appears that she requested and has been sent a placement package. Submitting to any of the agents and managers on the list that was included in the package to gain representation is highly recommended to start working in the industry. Additionally, the school has not yet received back the model card that was the package. Sending this back along with her marketable photos will enroll her to their placement program at no cost which will give her notifications of modeling and acting opportunities in your area. If you have any specific feedback regarding the program your daughter attended and the curriculum, we would greatly appreciate hearing for you as we strive to constantly develop a well-rounded program for modeling, acting and personal development. We can be reached at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My daughter went through the training course that Barbizon has. She goes on Saturdays for like three months. During the signing up process she had to go to a competition and then she was chosen. It was fairly difficult. It was not like you just walk in and sign up. People call and say we owe money or we gotta pay for something. Barbizon seems like they wanna charge for every single thing. But if you had a quick question about that day or session or whatever was happening at the hotel they were at, you can ask one of their staff. Since getting into Barbizon my daughter is a little more excited and has a little more hope that she's gonna become an actress or model.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barbizon?

Original review: May 31, 2018

We got a random call from Barbizon Modeling. My son has always been kind of interested and he has wanted to be into the acting industry so that was what prompted us to look into personal development. The experience when signing up my son was a little crowded but it felt okay. The lady that we spoke to was great. She felt super interested in him. We were told that we were gonna get an introductory packet and we've yet to receive that. That would've been in January, and we're going on June. All we've gotten was a postcard. It was the lack of resources or the knowledge that made us go with Barbizon over a different acting school. But for what we paid for, my son has not received the opportunity that I feel like he should have. So do a lot of research before doing it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I've always wanted to model since I was little. My sisters and I, would like play pageants and do fake photo shoots. My sister was at the mall and Barbizon approached her and she signed me up for them. My parents looked it up and they saw a lot of good things about it and they decided that was the place that we should go. I feel like Barbizon explained things really well, and some things that I didn't understand, they helped me to understand it.

And then when we went to informational meetings like before you sign up for classes, I feel like that was really helpful because that was what made my parents realize that it was a real thing that I wanted to do. I've loved everyone that I've talked to that's worked at Barbizon. In one class one of our mentors would help everyone understand everything before we move on to the next topic. Barbizon made me a lot more confident. Like I didn't know all the different presidents, I feel like they taught it in a way that I would be able to remember it.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We had signed my daughter up with Barbizon years ago when she was eight years old. Now she's 26, she's gone to college and finished. We didn't continue 'cause at the time, we couldn't afford it. Fast forward years ahead, my nephew ended up getting signed up with them, and he is two years older than my son. My son asked me and my husband, and we asked him if that was something he wanted to do. He was a little shy and introverted, so we thought it would be a good idea as well. We allowed him to sign up and it was a very smooth enrollment process. He signed up on a little card that my nephew had while he was in the mall. They called him back and told us when the first class or meeting was gonna be, and attended.

I had a very limited interaction with their staff, but it was very informative, cordial, and also resourceful. They answered our questions and guided us to where we needed to be. They were also very open, and it made us feel good as well because we didn't want him to be going off anywhere by himself. They were very pleasant to work with. Barbizon is really helping my son's confidence and we're liking it. His personality is coming out more now. He's a little bit more aggressive and approachable. If a friend has a child that was smart but a little introverted and needed help coming out and being more assertive, I will share how Barbizon will help in those areas.

Original review: May 12, 2018

My daughter ran into someone at one of the malls and then filled out a form from Barbizon. They called the house phone, and knowing the background since I went to Barbizon when I was a young girl, I went ahead and signed her up. It was easy and I was real pleased with the way everything was handled. Everybody at Barbizon seems to be very professional. My husband has stage four lung cancer and everybody has been great about working with us as far as my daughter's schedule. She went to the modeling and acting classes and it's been great. She also signed up for the Passport to Discovery so we're excited about that.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We were looking for someone to teach my daughter the basics, and when she was walking through the mall one day, someone approached her with a Barbizon certificate. We went to that and signed her up. The process was easy and everybody there was friendly. It was a good experience. With Barbizon's program, my daughter’s confidence and modeling skills have improved because it's not just all about looks. She has to know what she's doing. She gained all of her skills through Barbizon and now she knows what to do with them.

I would definitely recommend Barbizon. However, before everything began, they told us that they’ll set us up with someone who will take the head shots, but so far, all of that were invitations to audition and they were very expensive. I was under the impression that we'll have better modeling skills and they would help my daughter get jobs and stuff of that nature. We filled out the card because they said that they would sponsor her. My daughter wanted to get to modeling to make money, not break mama's wallet. She had done a nonspeaking part on TV and she liked the money she was making with that, but she wanted to focus more on modeling instead of TV and commercials and thought that signing up with Barbizon would do it.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My daughter Tatiana has always been the girly type and modeling, as well as acting, are things she has always wanted to do. She got the opportunity to do so at Barbizon. We chose them because of their friendly attitude and the way they interacted with individuals. They are very hands on. Christian was the one who always stayed in contact with us. From the beginning, she was the one who would always check up on Tatiana. In fact, even though my daughter has completed her classes I can text her and ask questions and she would still respond. Moreover, they understand the business, so that’s what made me comfortable and not making me feel like I'm just giving money.

Tatiana in the past has had no sympathy and I had to get her out of her shell. But then, when she started with this modeling and acting, it was a whole different side of Tatiana. I've seen her improve and in fact, she recently got chosen to be a contestant for Miss Pre-teen Louisiana. We've been in interviews to see if they can stand up and she is the final contestant for Miss Pre-teen Louisiana. And it was a way to account for her to go up and model the way they had wanted her to model, but just how she modeled, you can tell that she had previous training. Her confidence level was there versus these other kids they’ve chosen before they had no previous training. That was a plus for her and I was grateful for that. She's looking forward because if she wins that title she can go to Anaheim, California Disneyland and compete for Miss Pre-teen USA.

However, my daughter hasn’t had any jobs so far so she’s upset about that. A lot of the jobs when we looked online were mostly not in her age range but she got picked for a passport to Discovery but we didn’t attend that because the expense was too high. But she did get chosen for the Dallas trip and we're attending that. Tatiana is hoping she'll be able to get a scholarship or land some type of agent deal in that way. Overall, Tatiana recommended Barbizon to some of her friends and I recommend them as well.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We were in the shopping mall when we learned about Barbizon. My daughter is extremely shy and I was hoping it would help her to sort of be a little bit more outgoing. She participated in eight sessions where she would go once a month. We signed up and they told us about the fees and what would be the dates and times of it and what types of things they would be learning. The enrollment was a seamless process.

Everybody at Barbizon was nice and helpful. We've gotten calls from Barbizon for two events. The only issue and I'm gonna discuss this with them next time I talked to them is when they send out the notices for the audition, they don’t say what the audition is for. They should put a little bit more information as to what the audition is for. I don’t find that out until I actually get there. It's not a huge deal but just going forward I'll know to probe and ask questions about it.

Since the program my daughter is not as afraid to be in front of people. Barbizon helped her to be a little more confident. With Barbizon the child will learn a lot of different things about the business -- things about etiquette, proper dress and makeup, and different modeling poses. It would be helpful if your child is looking for a career in modeling or acting.

Original review: April 29, 2018

My daughter gave me the puppy doll look and hooked me to sign her up in Barbizon. When I signed up for my daughter, people were talking about who did Barbizon and some of the famous people who made it. Some of them made it and tell you what to expect on payment-wise. And if your daughter or son has been chosen, then they will do a quick interview. Later on, they were chosen.

The staff of Barbizon has been okay. Their program helped my daughter because she’s now out of her shell. She’s now using her modeling skills and what can and can't do. So far, my experience with Barbizon has been okay. My daughter only got called for one event but we didn’t go. It would cost me more trying to attend the event and I was not paying but I was told that we’re supposed to go. So, I got to pay crazy cash on top of cash I already paid. Then, Barbizon calls you for commercials and you go and show up. They choose it for you. And we've been to one gig that Barbizon gave us. Most people mainly were getting to the local events to have their kids on little money and responsibility.

Original review: April 28, 2018

My daughter was already feeling that modeling and acting were what she wanted to do so I wanted her to build some confidence and get a bit more experience in that field. I looked up Barbizon's reviews and they have really good ones, so I was confident that that was where she needed to go. My daughter got a chance to build that experience and she’s a bit more confident in herself and not as shy as she was before she started with Barbizon. Financially, it was difficult because we weren't really prepared, but we made it happen. Also, their staff has been awesome. My daughter graduated back in January so I had to call them a couple of times to receive her certificate. But they were upfront about the process and how that worked, and she received her certificate of completion.

I would like to keep working with Barbizon. My daughter has a modeling competition down in Florida later this year that I'm looking forward to. I know that there are a few things that she can go back to take up and I want her to continue to work with Barbizon. Barbizon Modeling would be the best route to go, especially if the child is shy. My daughter is more vibrant now. I can really tell the difference in her with the modeling since she attended with Barbizon. I would recommend to anyone to take that route.

Original review: April 24, 2018

My daughter was approached by Barbizon in the mall. She was with her sister and I got a phone call a couple of months later, saying that Barbizon was gonna be in the area and asked if my daughter could come in for an interview. Unfortunately, it wasn't a good time at that particular moment, but then, they came back and so my daughter was able to make the second one. She's always the one who wanted to do something with acting. It has been a bug of hers for a while. Not that she has ever done anything with it, but I figured this would give her an opportunity to try it and if it worked, great and if didn't, it was out of her system.

Barbizon was the only acting school we looked at. I did not know anything about it and I had no idea what to expect. Even so, signing up with Barbizon was good. The price knocked me over but everybody was very nice. I got the phone calls when they said they were gonna call me. My daughter went to the classes and didn't miss any. She also did the audition for the cruise and was able to be selected for that so it has been good.

My daughter's confidence level has definitely improved because of the program. She has been a very shy kid but she's doing more in school this year than I would have expected her to do. It has helped her break out of herself. She has just graduated and she sent her paperwork off. We've gotten a couple of emails about jobs but they haven't been a good time for her. We're just very early in the process.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I took my daughter to a counselor at the time because she is shy, quiet, not confident, all that stuff that teenagers go through. So, her counselor mentioned Barbizon Modeling. She said her granddaughter did that. She went through Barbizon and it helped her. I started checking into it and got involved with Barbizon. It was a good experience. Their process was easy and the people were very cordial. We had one session with them and then they started the classes. The limited interaction that I had with them was pleasant. The program was okay and very expensive but we wanted to invest this money to hopefully get my daughter out of her shell a little bit. However, my husband and I don't see a whole lot of difference. She's the same kind of person that she was before Barbizon. But she said she liked it and she feels that the program is a little better. So, we'll take her word for it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Mia has been wanting to try personal development and modeling for a long time already, and it was her decision to look into it. A long time ago, I've heard of Barbizon's commercials and I thought it would be a good idea to start it off with them because they have been around for a while. Sign up process was pretty easy. They were friendly and helpful. Still, they've been very helpful lately. This is just the start for her. However, getting information sometimes is slow from them. The placement information was gonna take about four to six weeks. How can we can't submit that online? That's how information is transmitted nowadays. We no longer use mail. We're not living in the 1800s anymore.

Original review: April 17, 2018

My daughter was in the mall and she saw a booth, and she signed up for it and Barbizon called back. It was an easy process. I talked with someone and he answered my questions. My daughter does modeling because it's part of the program, but she's mostly into acting as it's her passion. She took all of Barbizon's classes and graduated. She’s auditioned for Simone, the Passport to Discovery and for a competition in Dallas. I recommend Barbizon.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I am a mother of twin daughters who was targeted by Barbizon a model school. They target ** and ** in urban communities with false advertisement of how to succeed in show business and life. The education part is good but this agency has no credibility and charge thousands of dollars for unnecessary classes. When I attended their seminar I realized no other race besides ** and ** was in the room. It was a lot of young kids under 14 years old some without parents. When I enter the agent room she started to ask 3 times what was my kids' nationality. She touched their hair to confirm texture to see if they was considered ** or ** in my opinion. She played it off by asking if they went to the hair salon giving a complimenting. I gave $1000 for both kids holding a spot under the assumption I have 3 days to cancel but that was a lie. I was targeted because I was ** and young. This was a scam as per the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: April 11, 2018

My daughter got a phone call from somebody at Barbizon telling her that they were going to be in the area and that she should come and audition. Signing up was good and easy. The staff have all been great. If I had a question, they got back to me right away and were very pleasant. Victoria has a little bit of anxiety, has always been shy and lacked a lot of confidence, and we were hoping that going to the classes would make her a little more confident. She enjoyed the classes, made a lot of friends and now has a lot more confidence. She’s done a couple of auditions for Passport to Discovery and I’ve seen so much growth in her during everything. I definitely see a big difference in her modeling skills. She carries herself much better and I see a bit more maturity in her. Barbizon is well worth the time and money as what the students get out of it is just amazing.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My daughter was talking about stuff like modeling and she was interested in it. My husband came across Barbizon and asked her if she would like to try it. She went through her classes okay and seemed to learn a lot. Everything seemed pretty fine to us. They’re really good with the knowledge and helping her. They answer any questions you have and are really helpful if you have any problems. And they're cooperative and informative. She’s still going through some things with them now. They're really good with the kids and I would recommend them.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I’ve known about Barbizon since I was a young girl and I’m almost 50 now. My daughter already has an agent but we felt that she needed additional training, and Barbizon offered the best in that venue. Signing up was very easy. The Barbizon reps are very good and they answer very quickly. My daughter did the whole program in Pensacola and she learned a lot of real world applications that she wouldn’t necessarily listen to mom about. We have recommended Barbizon.

Original review: March 19, 2018

My daughter is interested in performing music and acting, and while Barbizon represents that they can get you in touch with the right people, all we saw were opportunities to pay $2,000 - $6,000 for a promise of an interview/introduction. First, we spent about $2000 for my daughter to take the class. I was not impressed with the people I dealt with. Nobody was aware of the "deals" we made with our phone representatives, or of payments we had made.

The headquarters is in Florida, and I wondered if they hired a person in our medium-sized town on the West Coast just to set up an operation to collect more people's fees. The class itself was...marginal. The kids did their makeup (with some very cheap makeup provided by Barbizon) and learned to set a table. They might have done a "commercial." I saw some horrible pictures that were taken of my daughter. She missed one of the classes over the summer, and since we don't live in a big city, "there are no make-up classes scheduled at this time." There probably never will be. Daughter can't be recommended for any auditions without having finished all of the classes!

We were called in to "audition" for a chance to go on a Barbizon cruise in the Caribbean, which was to be a huge chance to get in front of talent scouts from all over the globe. Maybe, just maybe my daughter could get picked to go live in South Africa and model for 6 months. (She is in the 9th grade--who would want that??) It turns out that for this opportunity (I would need to go with my daughter, because it's a cruise off Florida), I would need to come up with another $6,000 or more! I still have seen no return on the $2000 from the first class, not to mention buying high heels & clothes, and getting her to all-day-Saturday classes once a month for 6+ months.

The high-pressure sales tactics were astonishing! "We need to know today or you are coming on the cruise with us, or there won't be a spot". The "audition" and the hard-sell phone call occurred over a 2-day period. It was crazy! Then we found out that one of our friends was offered the cruise for 40% of what we were being asked to pay, so we just bagged it. It just doesn't feel like an authentic opportunity. Save your money. If you want your kid to model, just research auditions. You don't have to go through a "talent agency" to get an audition. This is not a creative confidence-building course. It's cheesy.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Our experience today March 11th 2018 was something else, my daughter was walking in the mall with my mother the day before and was approached by someone about Barbizon and to come in early on a Sunday morning, I found out late at night about the whole thing, so I didnt even get a chance to look up any information about the company off hand, and as a parent you want to know what you about to walk into, my mother wasnt aware of things like that and this hasn't been our first time being asked for one of my children to model. Anyhow, we get there to the New York office and it was nice to see a professional place of business and see how well set up everything was, gave me a better feeling than the last few places we have been to in the past, so I had hope after being there for a few hours and I found that each child in there would be a client no matter what, as long as their parent had the money to make it happen that day.

I was hoping that wasn't going to be the case because I didn't want my daughter to feel bad about it if we had to leave. We met with our Agent Jessica. She was nice, better yet she was the Sun, moons and Stars when you meet her, she tells you all you need to hear, want to hear, and makes sure your child is feeling her energy. Then of course the blow, I had to break it to her that I did not have any money down that day but could try and work something out within the week and the Sun went down on that light she had and she was no longer eager as she once was. I pay attention to body language cause of the job I do and it was disappointing to see, when I told her not now she informed me well my daughter would be dropped from her class and she won't work with her, and will not be a priority.

My next question is so if on Tuesday I had the money and I mean the whole $1000 down she asked for on a Sunday out of the $4700 program, without me even getting a chance to look up a company info to make sure it's real, without giving me a chance to think about how to move bills and life around and don't worry about your other kids, or the fact that there is little to no guarantee that my child will even get booked, just more like, "Trust me. Give me the money or your kid will be just another number to me after you walk out the door." It gave me that feeling again that this can't be good. Even after telling her my son had spine surgery which is really why I was tight with money (It was a good thing I was. She would have got me for it) because I was out of work for 3 months caring for him and my other kids.

She didn't even flinch at any remorse of the situation, and even if you don't have kids as a women you care just a little when you hear something like that, nope she's like, "Well do you have a credit card on you." It was funny to me that she stated that she would text me on a Tuesday cause she doesn't like to talk on the phone, now I am supposed to give you my money and I don't get to talk to you, I will get a text from you and if I was to come up with this money someone if not her would let me know who I would be dealing with but it won't be her. Now tell me why again should I be eager to get this money to her when she is no longer interested in my child because I don't have money in her hand today? That left a Bad taste in my mouth if you ask me. Where would it be going and who will my child be working with if we had the money? She said she didn't know. They would tell me if I decided to come back with money.

At the end, my 11 year old daughter caught what I saw at the end of our meeting, she said, "Mommy she didn't even get up and walk us to the door." I said, "I know." She stated, "I guess if you gave her the money she asked for she would have at least walked us to the elevator." Yeah I know. Thanks Barbizon. I hope this was not an overall way things are done but I really wanted to believe that we would be working with you guys with my kids. Today was not a best example of that. Maybe a different approach when it comes to the details of the money. That way nobody waste time in the whole ordeal, and people want to know they can trust you cause I can't tell what make you different from the other out there.

Original review: March 3, 2018

My daughter had signed up for some make-up. The girls really liked her and they passed it along because they were actually from Barbizon. They convinced me that she’d be really good at it, so we went ahead and went forth with the classes, and she really liked it. She’s really interested. She took all of her classes, and we went to the Orlando competition. It was an easy sign-up process and the staff is friendly.

But we just went through a difficult time on papers being sent and we didn’t receive some stuff. We’ve been playing phone tag this past couple of days. The people are great. It’s just that we're not getting a call back from certain people. I paid for the trip and we’ve already invested a lot of money. Now, I’m not hearing back from anybody. It was in October. And we haven't heard anything from them until now. We’ve done everything we were told do to. We sent our thank you's. I’m not a professional in this at all. This is all new to me as well. I asked other parents how this should go or that should go, and everybody else would turn back.

The program was absolutely wonderful. My child finished her classes and had done everything she needed to do. She is more confident and she learned a lot. She’s very happy with it. I am as well. I’d recommend them to anybody. It’s a great thing for the child to do. It’s just the miscommunication or lack of communication right now.

Original review: March 1, 2018

My daughter, since she was two years old, wanted to do either modeling or acting. Before she got involved with Barbizon, she entered into her first pageant, and she came first runner-up for the state of North Carolina and South Carolina for Top Model, and she never had any prior experience. She did that first in 2016, and then in 2017, she went to all six classes for Barbizon and enjoyed them. She learned a lot and honed in on her skills with things like the runway, speaking and doing commercials. She has more self-confidence. It’s been good for us, overall.

My wife found out about Barbizon in the mall here in Greensborough. There was some literature at the mall. Barbizon took the time to talk to us. Everybody was very nice and courteous. They answered all of our questions. It went well. And the instructors were very good and knew what they were talking about on the subject matter. The program is an investment for the child. It's a little expensive and one has to invest money as well as time.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

My daughter was interested and found more information about Barbizon. Then, she presented it to us, asked me if she can fill for it and I told her, “Yes”. The staff was good. Her sponsor let us know if she was prepared to the class and if she had any questions and reminded her about her next class and what she needed to prepare for. She has finished her classes and has learned a lot but we haven't been able to look for more things about modeling and acts because she has been doing a lot of stuff. But we went to one interviewer in New York where they gave her a small paragraph that she has to learn real fast and act like any type of actress that they prefer. They ended up choosing somebody else but it was a nice experience and it was fun for us. She could see how that industry moved.

I liked the program because she’s more confident with her personality. Whenever she has to do a presentation at school, that’s really good. And she knows much better to take care of her makeup and her hair. I would have liked that they could have interacted more with her because it was just a one-month thing. But they were really clear with us about it if she can go ahead and retake one class. It was a really amazing experience. And I think it’s a good experience for any type of teenager to go through with so they can get more confident and comfortable with who they are.

It helps them a lot in different aspects, especially to look for their inner person and what they want. Kids are always looking to be someone else and if they are going through these classes, they get to know their own person and classic things that you don’t teach your kids every day. Whoever asks me, I always tell them it was an amazing experience and if they have the budget to do it, why not.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

My daughter, Arielle, always expressed interest into personal development and we hadn't found a good avenue to plug into. So, when she found out about Barbizon and I did my research, I thought it was a good thing to do. And because of the reviews about them, we went with them. Signing her up was very easy. I did appreciate the customer friendliness. That meant a lot to me. We’ve had to call in a few times for questions here and there and everything has been professional and on point. They're very prompt and punctual. Arielle participated a year ago. She was with a different class, but I think it was six weeks. She has a lot more confidence. She walks with her shoulders back and with her head up, and I’m loving it. If I have a friend who has a child with the same interests as Arielle, I would definitely recommend Barbizon and tell them to do some research, plug into it and it’s a go.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

My granddaughter is happy. She's learning tremendous confidence and the little techniques, that’s all part of the confidence. I just don't know what direction she’s going to go yet, but she has the interest and she’s doing well with it. She was taught how to move her body when picking something up. It sounds like she had a good all round approach to modeling. And I think she needs to go further. She was selected to go to the Discovery in September and she’s looking forward to that. That’s going to be a cruise and it’s going to be 110 people who work with models. She could be selected. It’s all been a positive experience. I researched Barbizon before. We took the big plunge, and they're the number one modeling agency.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I grew up modeling. I was in Atlanta, and I started at 7 when I was placed in several magazines. I wanted my child to go through the program. I didn’t know of any programs around here. We got a call to go and listen to the presentation that Barbizon had. After they talked to me about the program, it was like, “This is great. We’ll just do this.” The class was once a month in Birmingham. And so, we went up there, and I think it was 9:00 to 5:00 learning how to do makeup and doing runways. It was more of the etiquette. It definitely helps and it’s great, especially for beginners. We don’t know how far it will take us, but hopefully, we’ll get something out of it. Sarah is very mature for 11. And I guess it exposed her. She has never done runway, and she didn’t know how to apply some of them, so it did give her some application.

Signing up was easy. It was online, and then I did have some problems, but I called Barbizon and they got it worked out. The staff were always available too. If we needed any help or we could reach out to someone. I would highly recommend them. It’s definitely a beginner’s program, so it would be very good for other people’s kids to do.

Barbizon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Barbizon is a modeling agency that has been representing young fashion and print models for more than 75 years. The company, which was founded in 1939, has offices in more than 200 locations around the world.

• Training and instruction programs: The company does not just get actors and models jobs, it also helps develop talent. Barbizon offers acting courses, such as improvisation and audition practice, as well as modeling training, such as makeup application and runway modeling techniques.

• Contests and scholarships: Barbizon focuses on representing young talent from preteens to teens, because of this it also helps clients win contests and scholarships to fund their education and careers.

• Convenient locations: Barbizon has more than 200 locations worldwide, so it is convenient for people who live all across the United States.

• Simple audition scheduling: People who are interested in representation can schedule an audition with the company. Barbizon offers Barbsimple online scheduling to make the audition process as easy as possible for potential clients.

• Life development: Barbizon works on personal development with its young talent. The company offers services such as interview skills classes, self-confidence development and etiquette lessons.

• Best for: Child talent.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs