Call toll free
4.04/5
Based on 83 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Barbizon was founded in 1939 and expanded from a single location on 5th Avenue in New York City to over 200 markets worldwide. Our program provides instruction in acting, modeling as well as personal development. At Barbizon, it is our goal to nurture the dreams of every client that enters our offices and help each them discover what makes them special. Let us help you develop your one-of-a-kind “star” quality and give you the tools to help you shine!

Barbizon Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

520 Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

My daughter was always in her little circle and she never got out of the room. I wanted her to try out new stuff to be more open and I really wanted her to feel like she could have friends. Barbizon called us for an event, and she didn't want to go to the first one. Six months later, they did another event in Greenville, and we went to it. It was like an audition. She was shy at first, but I saw that she opened up a little bit more. She saw the flyer and she was interested in it. She filled out a form and I asked her if she was gonna do it. She said she was gonna think about it, so I let her and then she said she was gonna try it out. She had participated in the Greenville class and she worked one time at Haywood Mall. It was a trip that they were giving out, winning money for a scholarship and she enjoyed doing that. She met new people, and she likes it. She's gonna work at Concord mall this weekend.

I love Barbizon. Their people are very nice and thoughtful. I was very happy when they asked us to donate some toys around December and I did. It encouraged the kids a lot. Also, their program affected my daughter really good. She came home from her second class and she was excited. She showed us her walk, showed us facial masks and how to take care of our skin. She used to be an indoor girl and now, she likes to be out and talking to more people. There were three girls working with her and the last time she worked, she won an ice cream because she was the one who got more people to sign up. Barbizon changed her life a lot.

Get expert buying tips about Modeling and Talent Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We signed up for Barbizon at the mall. Around that time, we found out about acting and modeling schools and we got more information about the industry from Barbizon. Then, a year passed and out of the blue, we got a call for an audition. The girls were interviewed and they ended up taking classes. I didn't mind paying for the classes because it was a new experience for them and they wanted to try it. The enrollment process was easy and if I had questions, I had answers. The classes the girls have taken helped them with the confidence and posture. Also, the girls always talk about the runway. They had a session at the end of every class, and Barbizon always made them walk the runway.

The modeling and acting program has been rough with the girls. I have yet to see a big accomplishment from them and I'm sure that they will get there soon. I'm satisfied with what Barbizon has provided for my girls. They love it. As a parent, as long as I see them happy, I'm happy. Barbizon opened up a lot of doors for my girls so we're looking forward to what's coming up next. Our experience has been awesome and we are still working with them. The girls are preparing for a competition coming up in December. Sometimes, one of my girls works on the weekends with Barbizon. She enjoys it and it's a new experience for her.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My daughter was interested in modeling and we wanted her to build up her self-esteem. Signing her up at Barbizon wasn't that difficult. The staff there was friendly and they always reached out. The good thing is we were able to afford it so we were able to pay the full payment upfront. Through Barbizon, my daughter has learned about what it's like to try out for things and be able to get an opportunity. We did a competition in DC that Barbizon sponsored and the talent agents loved her. But we live in Rochester so access was an issue. One of the things that we're gonna be working on because of that is to use this path to help guide us in trying to locate other talent managers.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I've known about Barbizon for 40 years. I know that they have been in business for a number of years and I felt that they have a good track record. We got involved with them when my daughter Elena signed up for more information at their booth at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield, Illinois. She took their base level modeling class and there were six different classes that were part of the class roster. So far, she has signed on with a modeling group out of Chicago and she is currently working with them on getting a portfolio put together. She's also working for Barbizon currently this summer. They also reached out to us to see if Elena would be interested in working with them or for them as an instructor.

I found my experience with Barbizon to be positive. Anytime that I've called with any questions or concerns they’ve always been able to answer my questions quickly and in a positive manner. I also very much appreciated them organizing the first open call that they did this past summer. I felt my daughter really gained a lot from that experience and she really enjoyed going to eight open calls. It was really cool. She did some online stuff like sent in photos and things like that but never really did much in the way of actually showing up in person to the open calls. So for Barbizon to organize that was a big service to the people who were graduating from their coursework. They also had an actual Barbizon rep that met the models, arranged the interview for them and escorted them into the modeling agency. That was great as well.

Recently, Barbizon has also been a lot better about getting information to us concerning different job opportunities. But they should do even more at promoting the open calls. I also feel that the actual course that the girls took could better prepare the girls who wanted to go into modeling more. There was information that should have been shared with the models to prepare them for open calls and for actually signing on with the modeling agency because I know there were things my daughter didn't know how to do when she went to meet with the agency and sign on with them.

Also, it was the simple things. For instance, the agency that my daughter signed on to wanted her to bring all of her clothes to her first photoshoot in a garment bag on hangers. But instead she had them packed in a duffel bag. The guy there told her that he wanted all of the stuff hung up in a garment bag and asked why didn't she do that and why didn't she know about that. It was her first time ever going in! That would be very easily talked about within a class.

The other thing too was that this modeling agency wants her to put together outfits and certain clothing items to bring to the shoot and that’s the kind of stuff that Barbizon should be a little bit more aggressive in dealing with. A whole class should have been done on how to prep yourself before going to a shoot. I kept asking her “Well, didn’t you study this in your classes?” She told me they did not. That should have been addressed in the classes that she took. Despite this, I would still definitely recommend Barbizon.

Original review: July 24, 2018

A couple of friends have heard about Barbizon Modeling and we saw some advertisements that they were gonna be in the area doing a six-month training. My daughter is 12 and is very active in the church and does the drama team. She sings and she pretends to be a model. I wanted to really get her into Barbizon Modeling and I knew that it would be a great opportunity for her to meet a lot of other people without it being with mom, so it's a socialization portion of it that I really enjoy. I modeled years ago, although I didn’t model with Barbizon, but I heard of their reputation back then and it was a great reputation. I had also heard that Barbizon has been doing way more than just modeling and I had heard some good reviews from mothers who had had their children in Barbizon, so we went with them.

Signing up with Barbizon was very easy and I enjoyed the process. Brooke was very instrumental and we fell in love with her. She was amazing and some of the other ladies were very hands-on and they ensured that we understood everything. We received phone calls back from them on a regular basis to make sure there were no questions. I also received emails on a regular basis so that if I forgot something, I can go right back to the emails. It had all of the information and it continued to remind us to give them a call if we have any additional questions, and we could do that at any time.

My daughter had blossomed even further than when we were doing it on our own or with her being in church. Her confidence is already high, but Barbizon boosted it significantly because getting on the catwalk, being in front of other people, and actually performing in where you're knowing you're being judged really relaxed her to the point where she doesn’t mind getting in front of people. The fear and the nervousness that come over all of us were really less stressful for her. Since then, she has done a lot of performing at church and singing. Also, she has really helped encourage other young ladies to get involved in something.

There was a major competition on the 8th of June that just happened in the Alexandria area and my daughter had an amazing time. They had some of our Barbizon representatives there that she remembered and knew, and the environment was wonderful. It was the two-day weekend big competition that we paid for and it was in preparation for the cruise that’s coming up. She enjoyed it.

Barbizon's program is extremely encouraging to the families. I have a church member whose son signed up with Barbizon and was in some commercials. The excellent part is this last competition, my daughter received five callbacks and this Sunday, she’s going to sit down with one of the agents who called her back. We're excited and we know that we can give a callback to Barbizon to make sure before we sign anything or before we do anything else, that we can get clear guidance. That’s the comfort that I have with Barbizon. They make sure that we understand that we don’t step out and do something that is not gonna be a wise decision. We are completely sold on the program and on the ladies that are involved in. We are really happy to be a part of the family. I would highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Barbizon?

Original review: July 17, 2018

Barbizon seems like a very good organization and we’ve been very pleased with them. They're very straightforward and honest. They're very encouraging but not pushy, which is nice. They don't make you do something that you may not really wanna do. Enrolling with them went well but the presentation was a little on the long side. I understood the reasoning behind it though. There were over 300 contestants that were there to be seen by everybody.

My daughter really enjoyed Barbizon's classes. Now, she's also a little more aware of what she wears, how she presents herself and what other people think of her. She was pretty sloppy before, wearing her brother’s shorts and old T-shirts when she would go places. Now, she dresses up a little bit more. She's also getting ready for her competition at the end of July.

Original review: July 15, 2018

My daughter has had a desire to do modeling from a young age and she was involved in so many other things, so we limited it first to a few things because of expense. When she said that she would be dedicated to modeling and that this was one of the things that she wanted to continue doing in life, we decided to let her go on the adventure and see how it turned out. She had a choice of three schools and she ultimately decided with Barbizon because of the classes that they offered. Some of the other modeling agencies that we were contacted by did not offer classes. The process of signing her up was very easy. When we contact Barbizon to ask questions or inquire into opportunities, we get an immediate response back and they’re very cooperative. There are other times though that it takes multiple emails to them before we receive a response back. Then the response sometimes is not clear or does not answer our question.

My daughter did the eight classes that Barbizon offered here locally and then she went in getting prepared to go on Passport to Discovery. The Barbizon program has increased her self-confidence a little bit. It has helped her to be more dedicated and excel in opportunities to put herself out there, whereas before she would not. Also, a lot of the staff for the classes are very nice. They seem very dedicated and very willing to work with the girls if they ask questions. The tremendous expense kind of discourages me but Barbizon is a great program.

Original review: July 14, 2018

My friend who was sending me castings referred me to Barbizon, and as I wasn't in the process of seeking out different avenues, I went with it and came in for the initial audition. I act and have acted in several things. However, most of it is just based off of my natural ability to act, so I wanted to further sharpen that skill. Although it was a bit pricey, the sign-up process was simple. Their staff at Barbizon is excellent, especially my teacher. Barbizon has definitely helped as I've taken some of the things that I've learned and incorporated them in the gigs that I get now. My instructor did several exercises with us that encouraged us and stretched our ability to improvise, and that's actually something I've been utilizing a lot in the roles that I've been getting. Barbizon was helpful with my personal development as an actor.

Original review: July 13, 2018

My son is really good looking and I love to send him for a modeling program with Barbizon. Signing up with Barbizon was easy, but the money was not. They want him for the acting program because they saw that he got talent. He has a really good memory. When I went down there, I wanted to see how they were doing in the acting class or in walking for modeling class, but we didn't have much time to spend to see. Also, there’s no room for parents to stay late. But I saw that it was really good.

The program was only for six months and now, we're done. Everything was not hard for my son. He was a really quiet kid but after a few weeks, he had a lot of friends. And now, he's working with an agency in New Jersey. He learned a lot and it was a really good experience for him, and we also liked the teachers. But kids are going there for no reason and Barbizon takes in any kid, even if they’re not gonna have a chance to work with an agency. But to me, I really like it. You have one door open which is a step closer to an agency. And from there, it depends on how much you can work.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Barbizon Modeling was at the mall and my daughter told us that she wanted to do it. We told her we would let her try it and signing up was easy. The whole thing was a good experience and the program has affected my daughter's development well but I wish that there was a little bit more for her to do. We haven't really done a lot with it now that she has finished. Also, we started getting bad vibes about it with the way things have been going so crazily with a lot of stuff. So we're pulling her out. We just want her to be safe.

Original review: July 10, 2018

My daughter signed herself up with Barbizon. They were pretty helpful at the beginning because I'm a single mom, so they let her have a scholarship. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to afford it. She enjoyed the experience and gained more knowledge. But I'm a little unhappy right now and there is really nothing that I can do about it. My daughter was chosen to go to the Washington annual thing that they have there. So I agreed to it because I had a couple of people that agreed that they were gonna help me pay for hotel and stuff like that. I paid for $1,200 just for her to get in to meet the agents. But when I contacted Barbizon to let them know that we wouldn't be able to make it down there it was kinda like, "Oh, well, that sucks" attitude. So I'm out $1,200 and it's pretty sad. I'm way too poor to be out $1,200. To me, Barbizon seems more like a finishing class than anything.

Original review: July 9, 2018

My daughter's senior year pictures came out gorgeous and that made me think of modeling and acting classes for her. I chose Barbizon because they did more of the natural beauty. It didn't necessarily have to be a perfect 10 shape and size and it was more about inside as well as the outside. So far all of the staff has been wonderful. There was only one time I had been unhappy and that was when there was a criteria that needed to be met and Jess met all that criteria, but the other girls didn't seem to have to. They were allowed to sit there doing nothing while my daughter, Jess was walking around doing the spokesmodel thing. And also the only other complaint I have is we still have not got her placement package.

We spoke to David of Barbizon and when I was standing there, he put the information in and said it should be coming in the mail because I know there's stuff that she needs to do like contacting agencies. But we haven't gotten the information or it has been misplaced My daughter finished in March and then she has another event in August so I was gonna talk to David and Brooke again then. Our next big thing is coming up in August and then she's doing the Passport to Discovery in October so I'm going to see. The Barbizon staff themselves like David and Brooke and the women that were at classes were wonderful. But it takes a lot of financial support on the parents' end so be prepared to support your child both financially and emotionally.

Original review: July 6, 2018

One of my daughter's friends in school told us about Barbizon and when we went to the place, one of the people that was interviewing said that our daughter had a unique look that she could use in the campaign that they were doing for jobs. So we signed her up. They offered many different options for payments and they explained the training requirements. It was a great experience and the whole enrollment process was really easy. Their staff was very nice, too.

Because of the program, my daughter came out of her shell and became more confident. But there was never any real opportunity for her to earn money, which we thought would happen. The only opportunities that came after the training were more opportunities for us to spend money. So, I felt slightly deceived on that aspect. But I determined with my wife in the beginning that even if a job opportunity didn't come out of it, it would be a good experience for our daughter. I also determined that the money that we'd pay would be worth it just for her to get the training and get exposure to that type of training because of her personality. So all in all, Barbizon offers good training for improving confidence, but no career opportunities.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My daughter showed interests in acting and modeling, and she signed up for something at the mall. Then Barbizon called her and we decided to go with it. It was very expensive, but the process of signing up was easy. Their staff is always giving me updates and they are professional and energetic. The program has done a good job and it’s gonna be a nice base for her.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Barbizon offered my daughter a 50% off after I told them that we weren’t gonna be able to do it since the price was too high. I was very skeptical 'cause I felt like they were promoting themselves as a talent agency and most talent agencies would've not required upfront money. But after we got there, and she had gotten all excited, we found out it was more of a modeling school where they would charge and teach you how to be a model. So it was just a little bit not straightforward initially.

The program was good and it was educational for my daughter. But after we were done, she was under the impression that Barbizon would be sending her out for auditions. That’s what they advertise. She was really disappointed that no one was reaching out to her. That didn't happen until she contacted them several times this summer. Finally, she did, and she got selected for one hair show. And we’re still waiting for the check to come. She also got picked up by a talent agency off of one of the auditions that Barbizon set up for her.

Original review: July 1, 2018

The sign-up process with Barbizon Modeling was very easy and the interactions with their staff were very good. Their modeling program changed my daughter as she's more responsible now. Overall, the experience with Barbizon Modeling was amazing.

Original review: June 21, 2018

My daughter and I were talking about modeling schools and we didn’t know a lot in Omaha. And it was right on time when someone from Barbizon called. My daughter was selected to go and audition. She is 18-years old and gorgeous and always wanted to walk so I looked into their modeling or acting class. We paid for a nine-month session that she went to. The enrollment was easy and once we paid the money, everything else was simple. If we needed any help, their people were there to assist us. They were welcoming too. Barbizon’s Modeling program helped her communication and social skills for she has trouble making friends. The program also helped her become comfortable with the people around her. We worked on the acting skills as well as the modeling program.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The opportunity of going to Barbizon presented itself. My husband and my daughter went to the initial interview and my husband was the deciding factor. If he liked the school, he liked it but if he didn't, then he wouldn't let us do it. He admired the fact that Barbizon is big on education. He felt personal development was a great opportunity for experience and exposure to other things and career paths. Our daughter took all six classes and completed the program. It gave her a skill that she didn't have before. Personal development assisted with boosting up her confidence, something that we, as parents, already work on with her before and after Barbizon. It helps to add and to advance what she already knows and has.

It was a good program and when I had questions, the staff answered it to the best of their knowledge or they directed me to someone that could answer it. But it was expensive. It's always a couple thousand dollars for these little events that our daughter gets into. I'm not a big fan of that but my husband wants to make the investment so we do what we can do as much as we can. If we feel it isn't worth it or it's not the time, then we don't do it.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My daughter Valerie has always loved fashion and she always loved to sing. But I needed something to bring her personality more out of the shell because she’s a bit shy. So we thought maybe modeling would give her the confidence that she needs. We live in Canada and we’re in Ontario. We’re close to the border to the states and for us, Barbizon in Canada is only in Toronto. But it’s four hours away and they won’t accept anybody who lives so far so they recommend that I get the Barbizon in the States. I called them and they told me they do it in Michigan. And we agreed because for us, a ride to Michigan is just 30 minutes away.

We had two different experiences when we signed up with Barbizon. Valerie’s experience was awesome and she really loved it. She really had fun in all those classes and she prepared for them. I was happy but at the same time, I didn’t know too much about Barbizon and how things worked. We went to two different auditions and I was a bit disappointed because I didn’t know that we had to invest more money to get her to know those agents. She was so happy when she passed the auditions but we couldn’t place her because we couldn’t afford it so it was a bit sad for her. I talked to Barbizon and they told me that if she can do the placements, then we can go from there and see how it goes. But she couldn't make it until we could save a bit more money and then when she had another audition.

Our interaction with the staff at Barbizon was over the phone and we never got too much interaction with the teachers. They were always busy, they take care of the girls and they focus on the classes. But over the phone everything was good. They always gave me the information that I need and when I told them all my questions, they were willing to answer without any problem. The Barbizon Modeling program has made Valerie more confident. Also, she learned a lot more about how to do her hair and dressing and walking proudly to people. Our experience with Barbizon Modeling has been good and I really enjoyed what it brought to Valerie. She would do the commercials and she was good. She was a little bit nervous but she prepared. She was confident to talk in front of those people and the camera so that was good.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I wanted my daughter to increase her self-esteem and confidence, and have her learn make-up and how to take care of her skin. She then participated in Barbizon's six-month program, where she would go once a month for something from 9:00 in the morning to 5:00 in the afternoon. She would learn how to walk, do make-up, skin care, nails, and how to dress and do different hairstyles. They did a couple of mock interviewing, too. Signing up with them was pretty simple and I just filled out forms. Overall, I would recommend them.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My daughter's interested in modeling, and she signed up with Barbizon. Their program sounded like it was a good fit at the time, so I let her do it. And since they wanted money, they made the process of signing up easy. The person that we signed up with was nice, but I didn't really care too much for the school and stuff that she attended. It seemed like they didn't really teach her anything useful or good. And every job that they tried to send her on is something we have to pay for and not anything she gets paid for. It was a waste of my money and I don't think that she benefited at all. So, I used other resources that I found myself that we did not pay for and she got paid for and those helped her way better. I wouldn't recommend Barbizon to anybody. Their program is just to take people's money, and I wish that there was a way that I could get back some of the money that I spent on it.

Barbizon Modeling & Acting Centers response

Hi Cyndi, We checked your daughter's account and it appears that she requested and has been sent a placement package. Submitting to any of the agents and managers on the list that was included in the package to gain representation is highly recommended to start working in the industry. Additionally, the school has not yet received back the model card that was the package. Sending this back along with her marketable photos will enroll her to their placement program at no cost which will give her notifications of modeling and acting opportunities in your area. If you have any specific feedback regarding the program your daughter attended and the curriculum, we would greatly appreciate hearing for you as we strive to constantly develop a well-rounded program for modeling, acting and personal development. We can be reached at barbizon@barbizonmodeling.com.

Original review: June 2, 2018

My daughter went through the training course that Barbizon has. She goes on Saturdays for like three months. During the signing up process she had to go to a competition and then she was chosen. It was fairly difficult. It was not like you just walk in and sign up. People call and say we owe money or we gotta pay for something. Barbizon seems like they wanna charge for every single thing. But if you had a quick question about that day or session or whatever was happening at the hotel they were at, you can ask one of their staff. Since getting into Barbizon my daughter is a little more excited and has a little more hope that she's gonna become an actress or model.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We got a random call from Barbizon Modeling. My son has always been kind of interested and he has wanted to be into the acting industry so that was what prompted us to look into personal development. The experience when signing up my son was a little crowded but it felt okay. The lady that we spoke to was great. She felt super interested in him. We were told that we were gonna get an introductory packet and we've yet to receive that. That would've been in January, and we're going on June. All we've gotten was a postcard. It was the lack of resources or the knowledge that made us go with Barbizon over a different acting school. But for what we paid for, my son has not received the opportunity that I feel like he should have. So do a lot of research before doing it.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I've always wanted to model since I was little. My sisters and I, would like play pageants and do fake photo shoots. My sister was at the mall and Barbizon approached her and she signed me up for them. My parents looked it up and they saw a lot of good things about it and they decided that was the place that we should go. I feel like Barbizon explained things really well, and some things that I didn't understand, they helped me to understand it.

And then when we went to informational meetings like before you sign up for classes, I feel like that was really helpful because that was what made my parents realize that it was a real thing that I wanted to do. I've loved everyone that I've talked to that's worked at Barbizon. In one class one of our mentors would help everyone understand everything before we move on to the next topic. Barbizon made me a lot more confident. Like I didn't know all the different presidents, I feel like they taught it in a way that I would be able to remember it.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We had signed my daughter up with Barbizon years ago when she was eight years old. Now she's 26, she's gone to college and finished. We didn't continue 'cause at the time, we couldn't afford it. Fast forward years ahead, my nephew ended up getting signed up with them, and he is two years older than my son. My son asked me and my husband, and we asked him if that was something he wanted to do. He was a little shy and introverted, so we thought it would be a good idea as well. We allowed him to sign up and it was a very smooth enrollment process. He signed up on a little card that my nephew had while he was in the mall. They called him back and told us when the first class or meeting was gonna be, and attended.

I had a very limited interaction with their staff, but it was very informative, cordial, and also resourceful. They answered our questions and guided us to where we needed to be. They were also very open, and it made us feel good as well because we didn't want him to be going off anywhere by himself. They were very pleasant to work with. Barbizon is really helping my son's confidence and we're liking it. His personality is coming out more now. He's a little bit more aggressive and approachable. If a friend has a child that was smart but a little introverted and needed help coming out and being more assertive, I will share how Barbizon will help in those areas.

Original review: May 12, 2018

My daughter ran into someone at one of the malls and then filled out a form from Barbizon. They called the house phone, and knowing the background since I went to Barbizon when I was a young girl, I went ahead and signed her up. It was easy and I was real pleased with the way everything was handled. Everybody at Barbizon seems to be very professional. My husband has stage four lung cancer and everybody has been great about working with us as far as my daughter's schedule. She went to the modeling and acting classes and it's been great. She also signed up for the Passport to Discovery so we're excited about that.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We were looking for someone to teach my daughter the basics, and when she was walking through the mall one day, someone approached her with a Barbizon certificate. We went to that and signed her up. The process was easy and everybody there was friendly. It was a good experience. With Barbizon's program, my daughter’s confidence and modeling skills have improved because it's not just all about looks. She has to know what she's doing. She gained all of her skills through Barbizon and now she knows what to do with them.

I would definitely recommend Barbizon. However, before everything began, they told us that they’ll set us up with someone who will take the head shots, but so far, all of that were invitations to audition and they were very expensive. I was under the impression that we'll have better modeling skills and they would help my daughter get jobs and stuff of that nature. We filled out the card because they said that they would sponsor her. My daughter wanted to get to modeling to make money, not break mama's wallet. She had done a nonspeaking part on TV and she liked the money she was making with that, but she wanted to focus more on modeling instead of TV and commercials and thought that signing up with Barbizon would do it.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My daughter Tatiana has always been the girly type and modeling, as well as acting, are things she has always wanted to do. She got the opportunity to do so at Barbizon. We chose them because of their friendly attitude and the way they interacted with individuals. They are very hands on. Christian was the one who always stayed in contact with us. From the beginning, she was the one who would always check up on Tatiana. In fact, even though my daughter has completed her classes I can text her and ask questions and she would still respond. Moreover, they understand the business, so that’s what made me comfortable and not making me feel like I'm just giving money.

Tatiana in the past has had no sympathy and I had to get her out of her shell. But then, when she started with this modeling and acting, it was a whole different side of Tatiana. I've seen her improve and in fact, she recently got chosen to be a contestant for Miss Pre-teen Louisiana. We've been in interviews to see if they can stand up and she is the final contestant for Miss Pre-teen Louisiana. And it was a way to account for her to go up and model the way they had wanted her to model, but just how she modeled, you can tell that she had previous training. Her confidence level was there versus these other kids they’ve chosen before they had no previous training. That was a plus for her and I was grateful for that. She's looking forward because if she wins that title she can go to Anaheim, California Disneyland and compete for Miss Pre-teen USA.

However, my daughter hasn’t had any jobs so far so she’s upset about that. A lot of the jobs when we looked online were mostly not in her age range but she got picked for a passport to Discovery but we didn’t attend that because the expense was too high. But she did get chosen for the Dallas trip and we're attending that. Tatiana is hoping she'll be able to get a scholarship or land some type of agent deal in that way. Overall, Tatiana recommended Barbizon to some of her friends and I recommend them as well.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We were in the shopping mall when we learned about Barbizon. My daughter is extremely shy and I was hoping it would help her to sort of be a little bit more outgoing. She participated in eight sessions where she would go once a month. We signed up and they told us about the fees and what would be the dates and times of it and what types of things they would be learning. The enrollment was a seamless process.

Everybody at Barbizon was nice and helpful. We've gotten calls from Barbizon for two events. The only issue and I'm gonna discuss this with them next time I talked to them is when they send out the notices for the audition, they don’t say what the audition is for. They should put a little bit more information as to what the audition is for. I don’t find that out until I actually get there. It's not a huge deal but just going forward I'll know to probe and ask questions about it.

Since the program my daughter is not as afraid to be in front of people. Barbizon helped her to be a little more confident. With Barbizon the child will learn a lot of different things about the business -- things about etiquette, proper dress and makeup, and different modeling poses. It would be helpful if your child is looking for a career in modeling or acting.

Original review: April 29, 2018

My daughter gave me the puppy doll look and hooked me to sign her up in Barbizon. When I signed up for my daughter, people were talking about who did Barbizon and some of the famous people who made it. Some of them made it and tell you what to expect on payment-wise. And if your daughter or son has been chosen, then they will do a quick interview. Later on, they were chosen.

The staff of Barbizon has been okay. Their program helped my daughter because she’s now out of her shell. She’s now using her modeling skills and what can and can't do. So far, my experience with Barbizon has been okay. My daughter only got called for one event but we didn’t go. It would cost me more trying to attend the event and I was not paying but I was told that we’re supposed to go. So, I got to pay crazy cash on top of cash I already paid. Then, Barbizon calls you for commercials and you go and show up. They choose it for you. And we've been to one gig that Barbizon gave us. Most people mainly were getting to the local events to have their kids on little money and responsibility.

Barbizon expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Barbizon is a modeling agency that has been representing young fashion and print models for more than 75 years. The company, which was founded in 1939, has offices in more than 200 locations around the world.

• Training and instruction programs: The company does not just get actors and models jobs, it also helps develop talent. Barbizon offers acting courses, such as improvisation and audition practice, as well as modeling training, such as makeup application and runway modeling techniques.

• Contests and scholarships: Barbizon focuses on representing young talent from preteens to teens, because of this it also helps clients win contests and scholarships to fund their education and careers.

• Convenient locations: Barbizon has more than 200 locations worldwide, so it is convenient for people who live all across the United States.

• Simple audition scheduling: People who are interested in representation can schedule an audition with the company. Barbizon offers Barbsimple online scheduling to make the audition process as easy as possible for potential clients.

• Life development: Barbizon works on personal development with its young talent. The company offers services such as interview skills classes, self-confidence development and etiquette lessons.

• Best for: Child talent.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

FL
888-999-9404
www.barbizonmodeling.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business