3.24/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Folsom, CA

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Massage Envy Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Before massage begins you get a few minutes to relax in a comfortable chairs. I've tried two masseuses and settled on the one that best suited my needs. My masseuse Maria at Coconut Creek Fl location is perfect. Wherever your aches and pains are she will find them. Excellent knowledge on the different muscles. I prefer the deep massage because I lift weights and walk many miles as part of staying health. Most of the time I have muscle pains and the massage helps to alleviate them. Also she massages my head which feels incredible. The atmosphere is very comfortable and relaxing. Clean and massage table comfortable. Maria checks frequently with me to make sure her pressure is not causing pain. I do have a massage once a month and love it. I now incorporate it in my fitness program. It affordable and you can earn points toward future cost when you set your next appointment. You can also schedule your appointments via internet. Webpage is easy to navigate.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I’ve had good and bad experiences with M.E. But yesterday I had an appointment with my new therapist and I gotta tell you, she was extremely cute! Long story short we connected in a different way if you know what I mean! I loved massage and I’m sure she loved what I had for her!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I have been very pleased with my Massage Envy experience, and, from reading these reviews, can only surmise that it is because of the manager at the Burke, Virginia store. I bought a membership for myself and my daughter. Mine is $10 more a month, they give you a discount for the second. I have had these memberships nearly 10 years. I had to have surgery, etc., so I missed a ton of monthly massages. Since they allow you to bank them, I wasn't too concerned, but finally went in to redeem them, and since I had so many to redeem, I wanted to turn a lot of them into guest massages and give as gifts. My daughter was in grad school at the time, and I wanted to gift to her classmates, as well as family members. So I told her to ask who wanted them, and I would need their names and addresses. She did so, and got about 10 people who wanted a free massage. I also included my family members.

Because I had so many massages left, the Burke, VA manager not only allowed me to redeem all these massages at once, she also allowed me to give each person TWO Free massages! And she waived the $10 fee per guest. The store filled out the gift card for each person (it is a paper card, similar to a postcard) and wrote TWO Massages or something informative like that at the top, also with the person's name. People have had no trouble redeeming them, and these kids live all over the country now.

It is difficult to get an appointment unless you go 2 weeks out. I gave 4 stars because this is annoying. It is also annoying because the people they employ at the desk to schedule appointments seem to be somewhat unaware of what's going on when you call. I prefer to make my appts online. They opened a new Massage Envy much closer to me, and I have had No Problem switching between the stores for my appointments. As far as my appointments go, I have had massages, stretch, hot stone and facials. I like a fairly firm/hard massage, and the therapists are very accommodating with this. They always ask if it is hard enough, if I want something different, if I have areas they should work on more, etc. I have not had any issues in this area.

I would not recommend the stretch if you had recent surgery. I thought I would be ok since my surgery was 4 months ago, but it is still too soon, and it was painful and of course stretching me, which I am still having issues with. The hot stone is fantastic. The facials are too, and I look so great for the week I get them. Anyway, there seem to be a lot of negative reviews on this site, so I thought I'd share my experience. I will let you know if I try to cancel and how that goes, because that seems to be the major issue on this site. But in my experience, so far, so good.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I travel a lot around the world and getting a massage is for relaxation as well as therapeutic. I am very appreciative for my massage therapist Lacy in Murfreesboro, TN location as she is very good, professional and have great attention to detail. I have had a lot of massages and Lacy is the best... Thank you Lacy, you are awesome!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I started getting massages over a year ago. I signed up with a monthly billable “you can cancel anytime” membership. When I realized the massage was aggravating my hip, and it was taking over a month in advance to schedule, I cancelled. They continued to charge my credit card every month. I finally disputed the charges with my bank and was promised it would not happen again! It did!

I disputed the charges 3 times AND cancelled my card. However, they were able to get my new card number from MC as a recurring charge. Maddening!! I called ME again and they stated I had an annual membership now (not sure how that happened all of a sudden). Now they call me every month and are rude and threatening. The most recent call, the woman said “well, we’ll just keep calling you until you update your credit card.” How can any company do business like this It’s ridiculous! DO NOT sign up, you’ll never be able to cancel...Ever! If you see a Massage Envy sign, my advice is simply “RUN.”

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have recently ended my membership of about 5 years with Massage Envy. I stayed because I liked the massage therapist. The management has not been good at the LODO downtown location for years and this includes the current manager who is new. I had 5-6 appointments canceled over the last few years there. 2 of these in the last several months. Several appointments were canceled without any notice to me. I would call to confirm and someone had canceled the appointment. The management did not make it right with me. I did like the location that I signed up with off of Arapahoe and Parker road but did not find a therapist I really liked there. I have written emails to Massage Envy corporate with NO response about all of the canceled appointments.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

My daughter babysat and saved up in order to purchase a gift certificate for me. It was my birthday and she paid $100 online for a 90 minutes massage, gratuity included. The website STILL offers this in the exact same words. When I called to book my 90 minute massage within 3 weeks of receiving the gift, I was told that the pricing at my Massage Envy location "just went up" so that the $100 would only buy me a 60 minute massage OR (of course) I was "welcome" to ADD TO the cost and purchase myself the 90 minutes.

HORRIBLE and I felt terrible for my daughter, who really wanted to give me 90 minutes. Of course there is no one available via the website on weekends to contact about this, even though the company is open 7 days a week. Not even a "chat" available. Will just put a dispute in through my daughter bank, since she purchased the gift via her debit card. I'm so disgusted and will never walk back in a M.E. Envy again. Too many other great options out there.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I saw prices go up at Massage Envy from $60 to $90 for a 60 minute massage. To try and get a massage for less, I purchased a 6 month membership paying in advance so I could get 6 massages for $60 each. I usually give massage gift cards and thought this would be a good way to save money as I was told I could transfer one massage per month to someone else. I was told I would not lose the massages if I did not use them, they would carry over to the next month and I would have a certain amount of time after the 6 months to use up any unused massages. I ended up getting busy with other unexpected events during this time and was nearing the end of the 6 months with all 6 massages to use, but I wanted to transfer 4 of them so I was not too concerned.

Little did I know how much hassle I was up against to get the massages used!!! Every time I tried to transfer a massage, there was some kind of issue. It is a process to even get the massage to transfer and even at the end of the contract they will still only let you transfer to someone else once per month, so I could not transfer to family members I had promised to and ended up needing to pay for one of their massages separately even though I had a bunch to use up. Also, if the massage for someone you transfer a massage to is not done at the same location you purchased the membership from, they will charge a $10 fee.

When I had 2 days left to use up the last 2 massages and wanted to transfer one to my mom (I had to wait until the last minute so another month had passed so I could transfer the massage to her), I called the location I purchased the membership from to do the transfer to my mom. When the Massage Envy employee realized I had 2 days left to transfer the massage, she said she probably wouldn’t be able to transfer it because usually 3 days notice is needed to transfer a massage?!

This is ridiculous - why would it be so difficult to transfer a massage? She said she does not have the authority and since it was the weekend she didn’t know if management would be there to make the transfer. Then when I questioned this, she said she would make a note that I wanted the transfer done. I said I needed to know if it could be done so my mom could schedule it and somehow then she said she was able to get it done and said we were set. However about 5 minutes later she called back and said she could not do the transfer because I didn’t have a credit card on file. First of all, she had already said it was done. Second of all, I had prepaid so why would they need my credit card on file, and just to do the transfer which should be free?

Lastly, I had not specified where we were scheduling the massage so if it was at the location I purchased the membership from, there should not be a $10 fee. It was also odd she didn’t just ask for my card, instead she just said she wouldn’t be able to do it. After I brought up these points I asked her, "So you would be able to make the transfer with a credit card number?" She said yes and then I proceeded to give her the number and she asked “Do you know the zip code”? (Hello yes, I know my zip code). I was so frustrated by then and gave her the information - she said the only way she could do the transfer with her limited access to the system was for me to be charged.

I specified this charge would only be the $10 and only if we went to a different location and then she said there were no openings at their location except for a 90 minute opening, which would not work for a 60 minute massage because they would miss out on getting paid for the extra half hour. Wouldn’t you think they would just be happy to have a 60 minute massage instead of nothing if nobody scheduled during that time? Anyways I just accepted I would have to use a different location and pay the fee. They said when my mom goes to use the massage, she will need to give a code instead of her name to use the transfer & I am still not sure what this code is as she did not give it to me.

I have never experienced more rigamarole and useless policies that make things more difficult for the customer, and at a massage/relaxation business nonetheless! I am not a customer any longer - I will find a cheaper/better hassle free way to get a massage. The massages themselves were good, but not worth the headaches. And just think if the massages had expired I would have lost them - I thought it is now against the law for gift cards to expire and I do not see this as much different when it is paid for in advance, at the very least if you do not use it, you should be able to get your money back.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was appalled this morning as I watched a vehicle wrapped in “Massage Envy” stop for a loading school bus and then just take off and drive past it. Light were red and blinking, bus gate was still out. Vehicle then stop to turn into a church parking lot. Why the big hurry? They broke the law while advertising for this company, disgusting.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Very upset with Massage Envy! I purchase a gift card yesterday online. I got a white screen with “error - timed out” and no gift certificate - yet the money is coming out of my account. I’ve called multiple times leaving multiple messages and emailed multiple times with no responses. There are horrible reviews for their customer service and now I see why. It is absolutely impossible to speak to a live person at corporate and the actual Massage Envy establishments say they can’t help with anything purchased online.

Massage Envy Company Information