Massage Envy

Folsom, CA

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a massage package for my husband who happens to be a therapist. When the massage therapist found this out she spent the entire time talking to him about her personal problems. He said all in all it was okay. But when I bought an hour of deep massage for my son who happens to be a serious athlete, the massage therapist asked if she should continue once the hour was over and my son, not realizing she was adding cost, said okay. He ended up paying 60 dollars for a massage that we had already paid for ahead of time. It was supposed to have been a GIFT. That is unacceptable.

I had at least six paid massages when I cancelled my account that I had for at least three years. I was planning on using them over the next year. When trying to book they told me that all paid massages expire after 60 days. They did not tell me this when I cancelled. Quite a rip-off!!

My 87 year old Mother was scammed out of $60 on a non-refundable gift card. She gave it to me for my birthday and I have no interest in any services or products Massage Envy offers. She doesn't do the internet but I do and I've read their reviews. I called the franchise she bought this card from to see if she could get a full refund if she brought them back the card and her receipt. No. Not under any circumstances. All they are out is a plastic card which we will gladly give them back. But no. They will not refund her money.

What kind of business is in such bad shape that they have to hold on to every penny that comes in the door. If she had bought a blanket or sweater she could have returned it. She has no "product" at all, just a piece of plastic. This is not the only scam this company perpetrates. They also short their customers on their massages, starting late and ending early, they don't honor gift cards claiming they've expired when in my state that is illegal, they don't cancel memberships thus ruining the credit of customers and sending their canceled accounts to collections and in one review they even stole a Fitbit. This is not a company you want to do business with on any level.

I received a free massage as a gift from my roommate because I have been going through a very difficult time. After I was done, unfortunately, it was easy for the saleswoman Nicole to talk me into a membership. She said I could cancel after the initial period which ended on Sept 14th. I asked her multiple times about this because I was nervous. I never sign up for things like this because I'm always afraid of having a bad experience or being screwed over. I should have listened to my instinct.

I signed up with her telling me I could cancel and she even laughed and said, "No, we're not here to screw people." That should have been a sign for me. Sept 01 my car's engine blew up and I spent everything I could in getting it fixed to get to work. Clearly, this caused a financial burden for me. I already paid the $54.99 on Sept 5. I knew after my car blew up that I would not be able to continue with this because I would be negative in my account. It was get a massage or get my car back so my son could go to school and I could go to work. Am I going to miss work so I can pay my massage service? Of course not. The money was taken out on Sept 5, of course. Sept 15, I called and told them I had to cancel. I will never use my massage and they can just keep that Sept 5th payment of $54.99 because I don't have the energy to fight.

I sent an email and called customer service. I spoke with Cody (a fantastic and wonderful customer service agent!). Shannon (a manager at the actual store) emailed me a cancellation form. I filled it out and sent it back. October 5th, they took ANOTHER $54.99 out of my account and they're saying although I requested it on Sept 24, they didn't reach out to me to send me the cancellation form until Sept 27, and my next payment falls within the 10 day period of processing, therefore, they get another payment and will not refund it. I reached out WAY before that. They got back to me and finally got me a form on Sept 27, I complied with everything, even thanked Cody for doing an awesome job unlike anyone in the actual store, and was assured it would all be cancelled and I wouldn't be charged anything more.

Of course I was charged again. Of course, they refuse to refund. They now have $109.98 from me, and I've never once used their services or had a massage. I have literally paid this company $109.98 for nothing. Literally nothing. Shannon ** works at the store. Stacy ** is the General Manager. These people will scam you out of your money and don't care if you have the money or don't and do not care about human to human kindness. My father passed away and my car blew up. They don't care about WHY I don't have money.

Saw same therapist for months. They confirmed appt. But when I arrived found out she was not in. No one at Massage Envy would respond to my complaints. Filed a Better Business Bureau complaint & they responded immediately. Thought things were straightened out then they called me today to tell me my therapist was no longer employed by Massage Envy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I sent an email to the Area Manager. On 26 Jul 2016 I talked to ** (one of the managers) at the Massage Envy located at 10 Vista Blvd, Slingerlands, NY (518) 478-0900, in regards to the cancellation of my wife's membership. I asked whom the individual is that can make a decision for this branch? ** stated that the person to talk to is **. I explained to ** that my wife is very timid and often agrees with people who come across as rather forceful, pushy, and extremely persuasive in sales techniques as demonstrated by her, ** staff. I also explained that every couple of months my wife would receive a call from Massage Envy stating that she has a few, then several, unused sessions and when would she like an appointment. Not once did the representative ask why she was no longer scheduling any appointments but rather “When are you going to come in?” You can note the lack of appointments in their schedule.

She has been under the care of a doctor who will gladly send you a letter to verify her condition. I explained to ** what had happened on the last couple of occasions when her staff called my wife. My wife had tried to terminate the membership due to a medical condition but all the Massage Envy would keep doing is ask her “When would be a good time for an appointment?” The phone representative would just continue attempting to get her to agree to schedule an appointment. After being on the phone for while, my wife, in tears, said, "Please, I just want to cancel my membership, what do I have to do." The phone representative FINALLY informed her of what to do.

I had also made a couple of phone calls while we were on vacation in July 2016. I got the same disrespectful and pushy treatment from your phone representatives as my wife. I am a retired 28-year Air Force veteran and I can tell a scripted response to questioning. It was unnecessary, disrespectful, intimidating for my wife, and more importantly, thoroughly unprofessional.

My wife drafted a letter to include her name, medical condition, doctors' name and mentioned that she is able to get a letter from her doctor. I asked ** for the amount of the unused sessions over the last several months. The total was $929.85. However, ** explained that she was not authorized to give the refund of $929.85 and that I would have to send the request to the Director of Operations, **, and she (you) will have the authority to disperse the refund. ** said she was going to give you a heads up to let you know that I would be sending you an email.

I believe that under the circumstances in which my wife, and myself, have been treated and that her fear of being touched (medical condition) prevented her from getting the nerve to continue massage treatments, it is fair to request a refund of the remaining balance on past months of automatic payments in the full amount of $929.85. Please return the amount to the Visa card on file or mail her a business check to her name and address at the Slingerlands Massage Envy on file. We look forward to hearing from you for an expedited resolution in this matter.

THIS IS THEIR CANNED RESPONSE. Note the "one time off" at the end and the conditions for reinstatement... pitiful. I am still working on it to this date: "I would like to personally offer you a OnetimeOpportunity to get your account updated and back in good standings. We care about you and you became a member with us for a reason. We understand that things happen and that is why I am reaching out to you today because we want to help you. As an added benefit of getting your account current, you will receive a free Enhancement in your account to be used on your future services.

"In order for us to be able to do this, our billing information needs to be updated. I am willing to waive all past due payments for you, therefore your account will be current and avoid further collection efforts. Please call now to provide your updated information. All past due payments will be waived by making 1 current payment of $59.99 and placing a valid credit card of file. This will bring your account and membership current and you will receive an Enhancement, free. This is a great opportunity for a “clean slate” and a way to start over. We value you as a member and would like to see you continue to benefit from our wellness program.

"Free Enhancement (Aromatherapy, Sugar Foot Therapy or Deep Heat), waive all past due payments, account Becomes 100% current immediately, protect your Credit. Please contact your location today for this one time special offer. We look forward to hearing from you and I personally thank you for being a valued member. This offer can only be offered one time per member. If you have accepted this offer before, we cannot offer it again. Your account must be serviced one of our Buffalo or Albany Locations. Expiration date of updated credit card will need to be at least 1 year or greater from today's date. Offer valid until 8/29/2016."

I have never had to write a review on anything, but today has been too much. I'm not one to speak out. I try to avoid confrontation at all costs. Let me go back. About a year and few months back my husband bought me a 100 gift card to Massage Envy, but I work 3 jobs and have 3 kids so my time is limited. It took me about 5 months to redeem. The first couple attempts to make appointment they told me I had to be a member for them to even set me up with appointment. Okay that's strange. I know I have seen their sign out that clearly says walk in welcome, but whatever. So finally I was able to get an appointment. My massage was amazing. So when I'm ready to go, the lady at the desk asks me if I would like to become a member and today's visit will only be 59.00, but if I didn't want to it will take the whole 100.00. The catch is you have to sign up for 6 months and it is directly taken out of your account.

I explained to her that I'm very busy as you can see it has taken me this long to redeem this. She tells me my hours will roll over. Huh, this goes on for about 20 minutes. So my 6 months end but everything has been going great, but come June I get my daughter braces so I start spending money like I did on things that I don't really need, besides I have 3 hours saved up. This was on June 29th 2016. I cancel my membership, and she tells me my hours will expire in 60 days so that would make august 29th, right? Wrong! I said, “EXPIRED? What do you mean?” She explains to me well not really, “Those hours will always be there, you can just call and use them.” Talking to her for a while about this she reassures me I have nothing to worry about. So I leave there feeling pretty good.

September 1st I call and speak to a lady who was really nice, and she says, “Yes your hours expired in July, huh.” But she puts me on hold and comes back and she said she extended it until October. Sweet, right away I scheduled appointment the next day, after that massage I scheduled for Sunday September 11th. This is where the ** hits the fan. I get a call today from Massage Envy telling me my hours are expired and I will have to pay 100.00. I don't think so. I call them back and explained to the lady. I just spoke with someone a week ago about this. She tells me that girl no longer works her and they can't extend my 2 hours. Are you serious, I spoke with 2 ladies that told me I had nothing to worry about and you're telling me that the money you took out of my account is just yours and I get nothing? Her response is YES. As I'm losing it, she HANGS UP ON ME! I can't be the only person that thinks this is wrong.

I read reviews all the time, rarely take the time to sign up for a service with the sole purpose of writing one. My experience today was so ridiculous, I felt I needed to alert anyone that might be tempted to purchase a gift card for friend or loved one from Massage Envy. I received a Massage Envy gift card from my brother last Christmas. The voucher was good for a customized 1 hour massage or a 1 hour skin facial session. It expired on Sept. 15th, so I decided I better give them a call (about 10 days before expiration), to make an appointment. So I called and asked about making an appointment to redeem my gift card. The receptionist asked if I had ever used Massage Envy, to which I replied yes but was at least 10 years earlier (I did not mention it was not a great massage so I never went back).

She said "oh, so you never get massages or facials?" (Her remark sounded a bit condescending, maybe it's just me), to which I replied "actually I get massages all the time. I have a private masseuse, which is why I am interested in the facial". That seemed to put her in her place (always my goal, ha), and she proceeded to find me an agreeable time for appointment, and then set about creating an account for me (apparently required, sigh). Once she got me in her computer (email/address/phone number/first born haha), she asked me which credit card I would like to use to secure my appointment? "I need a credit card to secure my already paid for facial?" She said "yes in case you are a 'no show' for your appointment"...??? So, of course, I replied "you mean, for the appointment that has already been paid for?"

She started to explain the logic behind this, but I must admit, at this point I interrupted her because I was at my "idiocy meter" limit & just told her I was no longer interested in anything Massage Envy had to offer, and hung up the phone. That is 10 minutes of my life I will never get back & now I will need an extra massage this week, for the stress, hahaha. In summary, as if I have to, for those paying attention... If you're tempted to give your loved one a gift certificate, do them a favor and pick something a bit more consumer friendly.

I was a member of the Massage Envy in Seal Beach, CA from 4/2014 to 7/2016. In the beginning everything was really good. However, about 10 months ago things began to take a turn for the worse. I noticed every time I went in for a massage there was someone knew at the front desk. Never a good sign. My massage therapist let me know she was going to be giving her 2 week notice, because of the poor treatment from the owner. So I made sure I had a massage scheduled with her before she left. The day before my appointment I got a call from Massage Envy telling me she had gone on a leave of absence, would I like another therapist. I said no thanks and cancelled my appointment. I got a recommendation for a new therapist and made an appointment with her. Things went pretty well for a few months, until she decided she was tired of the unfair treatment of the owner and told me she was giving her 2 weeks notice.

So once again I made an appointment for one last massage, received a call the day before my appointment saying she took a leave of absence. I really needed a massage so they scheduled me with a therapist they said had been with them for about 4 years or so. This woman was scary, she came in to do my massage and asked what areas I needed work on and so forth. She started the massage, which was very abrupt and rough. I let her know and she said no problem. Then I noticed she was constantly sniffing, I got the impression her nose was constantly running. So she starts rubbing my neck, but starts rubbing the same spot over and over, harder and harder. I told her to stop, that it was hurting, she said sorry and moved down to my shoulders. Within a couple of minutes she started on the same area of my neck again with the same rough and fast movement as before and I told her "that's enough." She said "time was up anyway." Thank the good Lord.

I let them know at the front desk and told them I never wanted her to massage me again and asked how long she had been working there and was told about 8 months. I asked if her credentials had been checked and if they did drug testing on their employees. I tried a new therapist the next time and she was also horrible. Finally I ran into someone who had formerly worked there and she referred me to another therapist. When I called to make the appointment the guy that answered the phone was rude and dismissive. He told me there were no appointments at the time I was requesting. So I said thank you and hung up. I called again a few days later to make an appointment and the same guy answered and was even more rude than the first time. He told me once again the days and times I requested were not available for this particular therapist. I settled for a day and time that was tough for me to make.

The next day I called and asked to speak with the Manager. Her name was Wilma I believe. I let her know about the poor customer service I had received from the guy on my two previous calls. She said she was sorry, but he was only going to be there 2 more weeks, because he had given notice. I said if I were her I would let him go now or at least make sure he didn't answer the phones because they could lose business with his behavior. She said she would look into the matter. While I had her on the phone I asked her if the therapist I wanted was available on a certain day and time and she said yes. It was the same day and time I had tried to schedule the day before with the guy. I inquired if that spot had just become available due to a cancellation and she told me that the therapists schedule was wide open for the week I was requesting.

I had her cancel the appt I had made on the phone with him and let her know he had told me the therapists schedule was booked that week and only had the appt left that he made for me. When I called the following week the same guy answered the phone so I just hung up. A few weeks later I was getting ready to go for massage appt with my new therapist and got a call that she wouldn't be in that day and they had to cancel. I was done. I went down there a couple of days later and cancelled my membership. You go to get a massage to relieve stress, but Massage Envy in Seal Beach provided me with more stress than driving on the freeway. No Joke! Stay away from this location, it's horrible!

MASSAGE ENVY SPA @ Flowery Branch, GA 30542 - I was treated like a second class citizen at this location. Avoid at all cost. The front desk woman is hateful person and she don't want minority business. At least that is how I felt after being a member 2 days. By far, this is one of the worst customer service I experience and I am 58 years old. If I own a business, I wouldn't let someone hateful welcoming my client. Period.

There are policy to cancel an appointment 5 hours before. Trying to call, transfer to massage machine since 10 am. I have an appointment at 4 pm today. Spoke to other places in NJ and Brooklyn, the answer "try to call later", but I left several massages and nobody's call me back. Meanwhile if an appointment will not cancelled on time I will lose 65 dollars. It is monthly charging 65 dollars.

My extraordinarily poor experience with Massage Envy can best be retold through my July-August 2016 email communications with Katie, a supervisor at Massage Envy: My name is Veronica and although I live in California, I signed up to become a Massage Envy member while traveling in Houston on March 19, 2015. Julian, the business manager at the Houston Galleria area location provided me with your email address as I have a situation that he cannot fully address.

I received my first Massage Envy massage from Garrick at the Houston Galleria area location, and it was phenomenal; I was so delighted with the quality of the massage that I signed up to become a member that day (especially since I had travel plans to visit Houston monthly for the next 5 months). Unfortunately, since becoming a member, I was only able to be scheduled with Garrick one other time.

In addition to the Houston Galleria location, I tried massages in California at the Walnut Creek and Pleasant Hill locations. All other massages fell far short of Garrick's expertise and quality. I have since learned that I have osteoarthritis in my neck which may be impacting my massage experience (I can provide a note or copy of x-ray if required). After mentioning this to a massage therapist at the Houston Galleria location, I had the roughest and most hurtful neck massage of my life. I mentioned the experience to the attendant on duty and said that I would never book with that specific massage therapist again.

My Massage Envy account has been paid timely and shows 11 hours/massages remaining, which should be an indication that there has been an issue with service delivery or customer satisfaction. I spoke to the Ygnacio Valley, CA location about cancelling my membership at the time of my one massage attempt there, and they indicated that I needed to work with the office that originated my membership. So I made several calls earlier this year to the Houston Galleria location, and in April was told that Julian would call me back; he never did, so I called again on Friday, June 17, 2016. At that time Julian provided me with your contact information.

Timely payments have been automatically deducted from my account throughout the membership period, including payments in May 2016 and June 2016 (a couple months beyond the expiration date of my agreement). I've been seeking a solution for months, and have not gotten any traction or escalation until now. I am a wellness coach and believe in the power and healing of massage, and during this time period, have returned to my former massage therapist for massage. I really don't want to walk away from this Massage Envy experience without having due consideration for my multiple requests to transfer massages or gift remaining massages to others. My request is that my remaining massages be transferred to the friend who recommended Massage Envy and routinely receives benefit from the experience. Can you facilitate an equitable solution to this situation?

My next communication: There doesn't appear to be flexibility in the Massage Envy policy when the services provided have not met the expectations of the client. That said, I'm willing to let my unused hours go unused. What I am not willing to do is to continue to be charged for services I am not using. I am livid as today I received another monthly charge from Massage Envy. This is the third month beyond the expiration date. I request that you initiate a credit to my account as I have been in conversation (verbal and in writing) with Massage Envy employees since April (or earlier) and have made it clear that I DO NOT WISH TO CONTINUE MY CONTRACT. I have now been charged $59.99 for 3 months beyond my contract date. How can I make it stop? Maybe you can do this? I am requesting a credit of $179.97. If you cannot handle the credit portion of this request, I ask that you provide me with the name of your immediate supervisor.

After filling out a two-page cancellation form, and scanning and emailing it back, my final communication to them was: Please process the attached cancellation at your earliest convenience. I will be talking about my Massage Envy experience to others, especially cautioning folks about the expiration and cancellation procedure. As you might imagine, I'm seeking to join a class action against Massage Envy for their inability or unwillingness to honor the expiration date on their agreement.

They refused to honor a coupon of $10 which I received in the mail claiming it is for those who had service in July and not for new customers. The coupon did not say for members only and it was sent to "Current resident". I had a facial and requested a deep clean to clear blackheads, not that I have a lot, and her response was you need to come 3 to 4 times to clean your blackheads!!! REALLY.

My went to his 1st appointment today. He stated it was the worst spa place he has ever went to. He stated that the place look like a hospital to get your therapy at. The person that do his massage could not breathe and was very heavy he felt uncomfortable the whole time. So since I purchase this for him for father's day I call the Massage Envy myself. Oh then what that the front desk clerk said was not nice she would not let me complete my sentence at all. So I ask for the manager. All she kept saying "Would your husband want to come back so we can make it right?" I told her that their 1st impression is the best impression and that he was not happy. I told her we know our spa, this not the 1st spa he has been to and if he is not happy then I am not happy. Angela stated that she has refunded my funds back and cancel my agreement. I will see.

I wish I could express my true feelings about the management of this company, in particular, the one on Highway 17, in the Hibernia area of Fleming Island, or what use to be a part of Orange Park, Florida. Let me first say, the therapists and young staff are usually just great. Their problems lie in the upper management and ownership of the place. I had a membership for about 3 years. I think the concept is great, but the way they treat the worker bees, and members, leaves a lot to be desired. They can be exceptionally rude to patrons, and downright mean to their employees. I would NEVER go there again. They are NOT interested in people, just the bottom line. Regrettably, most companies have forgotten that the employees make or break their business, and being fair to customers should the number one most important guideline in growing your little empire. :(

I was a member for a little over a year and half. I had 4 credits paid for... But my job went out of business so I couldn't continue my monthly membership anymore. I couldn't even get my $$$ back or anything, since I was unable to pay. They told me they would use my credits that I already paid for to cover the months I couldn't pay. But still couldn't receive massage service. My account had to be in good standards. If I paid for them, I should be able to use my massages. So disappointed with this company. So basically if you can't continue to pay you can't utilize your credits. My friend also had 4 credits and she wasn't able to use hers as well... They used hers as payment for months missed... Left a sour taste in our mouths. Rip offs... 180. Gone in their pockets...

Made a HUGE mistake signing up for massage plan. They just keep taking out money from my account as well as charging me for the massage. Can't afford to keep plan or not keep the plan.

At a massage in May, while face down, the therapist twisted my left knee and damaged my meniscus. I was given an injection at the orthopedic clinic after my MRI had been reviewed. I informed Massage Envy in Winter Park (where the incident occurred) and was treated with a ho-hum response. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Today is my last treatment. I have 2.5 credits remaining and booked a 90 minute massage and a 60 minute facial to use the credits up and be done with Massage Envy (I complained about a couple of procedural things in June, and they just cancelled my account without me signing any paperwork. Just stopped dinging my credit card.). An hour ago, less than 3 hours before my appointment they called to change the massage to a sixty... leaving me with half a credit I won't be able to use. I opted to turn it into a gratuity for my massage therapist. How much is my half credit worth? Twenty bucks. This apparently means that each $59.99 is good for forty dollars worth of service and $19.99 in ME fees. So glad I am done. And. Hey. If I cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, I'd be penalized. I booked this appt. months ago. And confirmed yesterday. Truly this is the company of "no".

Massage Envy was unable to get me in for my regular monthly membership due to staffing. I went 3 months on a wait list with no massage, then called to cancel as it was a breach of contract. They would not allow cancellation and responded with them hiring more therapists and my massages carry over. The customer service is disingenuous making the experience less about pampering and more just a transaction. The staff were not responsive when I called. It took days to speak to the approved contact. 9 months later I paid my full year membership and I went two times. With the experience I had there was no way I would go back to use them. I wouldn't recommend working with this company. They hide behind a contract instead of taking care of the customer. There are more details, but in short I would not recommend this company.

I booked two massages and the lady at the counter waited until I arrived at the store and told me that the lady that was scheduled to do my massage had an emergency! Didn't offer any discount for having me drive to the store. All she wanted to know was... Did I want to reschedule! They are not professional when it comes to first-time customers and I will be taking my business elsewhere!

Massage Envy at Southpoint, Durham, NC has been charging me membership fee even after emailing a cancellation request. Any follow up call, I always get a standard response saying "there is no manager here and I'll pass the message."

I bought my wife a membership (she put on her card on our joint account). The service was ok but some of the employees were not good (very sore after for several days). The fee of $59.99 has come out for nearly 3 years she has over 16 months worth of "membership" not used. We asked to use the balance of almost $1000.00 at full price services and they declined and said we need to continue to pay the $59.99 to keep active so we can use the service -- crazy stupid. So if we cancel the service they want to steal the nearly $1000 of unused services. They won't allow her to gift to friends to catch up -- the whole thing is a major scam. BEWARE OF THIS SCAM. The service has so many restrictions you pay way more than the full non-member price unless you follow a strict guideline and almost impossible schedule. The accounting and managers are totally non-helpful. They have their money and service and help come last!!!

I cannot express how disappointed I am with the way your managers have handled this situation. Or should I say lack of handling this situation. Due to a computer error at your end ruined a Father's Day for my 13-year old daughter who saved months to buy this for her father. Not to mention you never even took the time to call me to let me know you cared and were looking into it. Why did you ask for my number if you were just going to ignore it and not do anything about it? It was only due to me calling you today 6/21 that you even acknowledged there was a problem and even then I had to do the running around to get what was needed to fix the problem.

It is disappointing that you lack common customer service skills that would make people believe in you and want to do business with you. But I know that none of this means anything to the person reading this letter. Or I would have gotten a call by now to resolve this issue. I expect a full refund for my purchase amount today 6/21/16. Since you took my money out on Saturday 6/18/16 and left me walking out the door with nothing but frustration and disappointment. It should have not been my job to call you to see what was being done about a computer issue at your end. A very disappointed consumer!

In Grand Prairie, Texas during March 2016 my wife bought me a free massage in the form of a ME gift card from Massage Envy during one of her facial treatments. I returned a couple weeks later to get my massage for my birthday. The gift card was for a 90 minute massage and it only lasted 50 minutes. After the massage, I returned to the front reception area to check out. They quoted me a 50 price. I handed the attendant the card. She scanned it and fumbled around with the card and said "That will be $50 dollars. How would you like to pay?" I told her this was a prepaid card with 50 dollars total.

This is where the old scam comes in... She has the balls to tell me that "Yes that is for our members price only" blah blah blah BS. [As I think back I should have just walked out of there.] I paid for my free birthday massage again (my wife bought the card for 50 bucks). I paid and left feeling like I had just been violated and a bit confused & angry. They ruined my birthday gift and smiled as I walked away pissed. PLEASE avoid any location as this is a crooked business model.

Now fast forward to June 2016. My wife decided to cancel (or not renew). Her 1 year contract was up and she had gotten her last massage. They told her to come in for a last free massage she had remaining. Somehow this automatically signed her up for a new 12 month contract. We requested a cancellation form - they emailed out. May 2016, we filled it out completely and correctly, digitally replied with the signed/completed copy of the cancellation form. We also added to the email body for them to reply stating that they had received the email/form... No reply but in June 2016 we see another charge on our bank statement for the regular monthly membership fee 59.99.

I jumped into my car with a copy of the signed cancellation and a copy of the email and went to pay them a visit. I politely explained this whole mess and had the clerk print out an entire audit of the account. She took the cancellation form and signed it and brought out a refund receipt. We will cancel the CC they have on file to avoid the whole song & dance in the future.

Can't get same massage person, the prior one quit! This has happened twice. Appointments get changed by staff after being made. Highly suspect staffing comes up short so twice they told me I had the wrong appointment date. How about I substitute a massage for available facial slot? Can't get out of contract, would have to travel 45 mins to get to another site, more than 25 miles from my home. DO NOT JOIN THIS PROGRAM. MANY OTHER MASSAGE PROVIDERS AVAILABLE. ONE SHOULD NEVER NEED A CONTRACT, IT'S NO DEAL!!!

It is a financial scam. You can get the same service without joining. I cancelled an appointment within 3 minutes of scheduling one. They charged me 50% fee for cancelling even though I had just made the appointment because that was their "policy". You will regret any form of cancellation. The contract is almost never-ending cycle of making it hard to get out of. Worse than getting out of a rental contract.

Requested an appointment online 4 days prior, I received a confirmation email and the appointment time showed up in my Google calendar for the requested date and time. I was excited because I was finally getting a day off work and a massage too. When I arrived I let the girl at the desk know I was there for my appointment. She female was verbally short, eating her lunch at the desk, looked like she had been hit by a bus and acted like I was totally putting her out because I walked through the door.

After attempting to find me in the computer for a while and stating she could not find me... I tried to explain that I received an email confirmation and she said "Well we did not book it." I asked if there was another appointment available that I could schedule and she said "We won't have another for a week." I asked her if there was a possible other location I could get an appointment at and instead of providing a phone number or even calling to check to see if they had an appointment available the lady just said "Sugar house." No apology or try to make anything right or better. She was cold, rude, unprofessional and I left with nothing but a bad taste and disappointment that any company would hire such an awful person to clean bathrooms yet work the front desk.

My fiance and went to Massage Envy to get massages. We were talk into signing up. I ask the clerk if we could cancel wherever we want, and she told us yes. After a month we decided to cancel cuz we are busy with work and can't find time to make the one and a half hours drive to get the massage done. So I call and ask for a cancellation just to be told I sign a contract and I can't cancel until 5/21/17. That's not what I was told, I was told that we can cancel whenever we want. I have been called a liar, saying I wasn't been told that. I wish I had come on here and see all the negative reviews before going there, cuz I wouldn't have. Just wondering what can be done about this. I was trick into signing this contract.

Not only disappointed. I hate them, really. I hate them very much. I know the words are strong, but that's how I feel. Their therapist are actually really good. The problem is you have to deal with those worst customer service. I experienced the worst service at the San Jose Planet location. The staff were not well trained. The manager herself was very arrogant and rude. In the past 5 months, they canceled my appointment on the day and there was no sincere apology. The very last one just happened today. I have no interest to repeat their words to upset myself again, but if I were you, go for something more luxury than this crappy brand. Our ladies spend money to enjoy not to get upset, right?

Massage Envy Company Profile