2. Miscellaneous

Folsom, CA

3.6/5 (244 ratings)

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I have enjoyed the massage therapists at my location very much. They take pride in their work and are willing to dig in for us athletes. The reason for the 3 stars is the membership. Be warned: you are locked in for 12 months when you sign up. Had that been brought to my attention, I would not have signed up for it. Overall, I'm happy to get a massage at my location!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

*** WARNING DO NOT GET A MEMBERSHIP HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE MONEY. ...Google search yourself. So many online all with getting out of your contract! Just evil and dirty biz. I was mistreated by a therapist Palm Coast Florida and wanted to cancel membership. I was having nightmares and started feel uncomfortable due to experience. I'd been with Massage Envy 2006 but when I went to cancel they also canceled my prepaid on the book apt. Leaving me out money and they do things on purpose in the cancelling so it takes longer and you're charged again. It's dirty and criminal. Just look into it. Tons of stories like mine.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Rebecca represents the epitome of who NOT to place in a management. Her lack of professionalism, politeness, communication and listening skills, and ability to take ownership of provider mistakes is horrendous. I'm in the process of contacting the corporate office, and the Better Business Bureau, to file complaints of illegal practices regarding Rebecca's responses to me, and regarding possible class action due to the withholding of employee wages caused by her failure to resolve a consistent consumer issue.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

My mom and I started getting massages several years ago. We were told if we joined together it was cheaper. So 65.00 each was taken out on my mom's account once a month for our massages. April 2021 my mom had to start radiation treatments unplanned. We spent the month of may sending forms to them multiple times to cancel the account. We were told all was done to stop being charged again in June. Amazing enough they have continued to draft 65.00 out of my mom's account for June, July, August.

When I called them on this they said it was for me even though it has always been one account for the both of us. It is charges for services we stopped in May or they told us they stopped. They are not trained. They do not tell you the truth and another red flag is they are continually changing hands. It is theft any way you look at it, especially from a 76 year old woman. Do not in any way allow them to fool you into an easy monthly plan because you can't get it stopped and nobody seems to know how.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I am highly upset with the unprofessional and rude staff at Massage Envy- Cordova. My appointment was scheduled for 09/07/21 at 8:00 pm. I received a text message on Monday to reply "Y" to confirm and "N" to cancel the appointment. I texted "N" to cancel because I knew I could not make it. I thought everything was fine until I received a call on 09/08/21 after the appointment from the front associate stating that she will charge my card because I missed my appointment. I told her I cancelled the appointment via text. She stated it is nothing she can do. I ask to speak with a manager. She advised the manager is not there and will be in tomorrow morning. I requested for the manager to call me in the morning. The next day I waited for the call and the manager did not call.

I then called the manager at 12:30 pm and spoke with Raven. She was very unprofessional and her tone was very rude as if she didn't care. I told Raven what happen and she then stated I'll reimburse you. She then put me on hold. Once she came back to the line, she said she wasn't going to reimburse me because I am not a member. From there, I knew I wasn't going to ever become a member with this establishment. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! All I ask for is the $65 that were charged to my card. I was thinking about scheduling at appointment for a later date. This has changed that completely!! It is not my fault you didn't receive my cancellation text. I am reporting you to the BBB and will give you a really bad review. I would have never thought Massage Envy was this tacky. WOW.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

My husband bought me a gift card with a substantial amount on it a few years ago for Mother's Day. I scheduled a massage, walked in and was told it had 0 balance. Nothing on the card about expiration.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I called and scheduled a massage for both me and my sister for her birthday. They called the day before to cancel one appointment because of some issue with a therapist. I called other branches and all were full except for one. The day of on my way out the door they cancelled again because of a therapist went home sick. I understand things happen but twice is nuts.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Have been a member of Massage Envy since 2015. Unable to book a session with a vaccinated therapist. This is frustrating and disturbing for them to not identify vaccinated employees. This is a hands on business who is not taking into consideration the health and well being of its clients. It has been almost 2 years since I've been able to use my membership, paying $70 per month for unused services is a waste of my money! Let's hope the Corporate Headquarters is listening and change their policy.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Been going there on and off for years. Just signed up for 6 month contract paid in full. So far so good on the appointment scheduling and getting in. I think because I paid in full with my FSA vs. the monthly, that makes a difference. I'll see in 6 months if I'm not permitted to cancel my contract. I'll be sure to put in writing well in advance of maturity date even though I paid in full upfront to avoid auto renewal.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I've been a member for 1.5 years and in those 1.5 years it's been so hard to schedule a massage. There's just no available appts. They take your money, but can't deliver on services. My HSA was linked for auto pay. My account number changed. Massage Envy was very quick to call me out on it and suspend my account threatening to cancel any future appts if I didn't provide payment within 24 hours. I was on vacation. What did I learn? Massage Envy only cares about new business, roping in new people for their wellness plan. They don't care about their wellness members they already roped in. They don't care that you can't use your wellness benefits because they don't have the staff to provide them. They are super quick to drop you if miss a payment because your auto pay card number changed.

Massage Envy Company Information