2. Miscellaneous

Folsom, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.16/5

Massage Envy Reviews

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I had 90 minute session with Yanet at Massage Envy in Fort Myers today. I have fibromyalgia and had been suffering for a week. I feel great after the combination of stretching and massage.. I highly recommend this Massage location and Yanet!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

My wife bought me a gift card about a year ago and I have scheduled 1-2 massages each month. The staff and therapists are always friendly and professional. About a month ago I started thinking about cancelling my membership. Don’t get me wrong, the massages are always good~ just not fantastic! I decided to try one more therapist (Lori L) and I am now a believer! She is professional and knows what she is doing and enjoys her job! The massages have really helped my chronic neck pain and overall health!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Before massage begins you get a few minutes to relax in a comfortable chairs. I've tried two masseuses and settled on the one that best suited my needs. My masseuse Maria at Coconut Creek Fl location is perfect. Wherever your aches and pains are she will find them. Excellent knowledge on the different muscles. I prefer the deep massage because I lift weights and walk many miles as part of staying health. Most of the time I have muscle pains and the massage helps to alleviate them. Also she massages my head which feels incredible. The atmosphere is very comfortable and relaxing. Clean and massage table comfortable. Maria checks frequently with me to make sure her pressure is not causing pain. I do have a massage once a month and love it. I now incorporate it in my fitness program. It affordable and you can earn points toward future cost when you set your next appointment. You can also schedule your appointments via internet. Webpage is easy to navigate.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I’ve had good and bad experiences with M.E. But yesterday I had an appointment with my new therapist and I gotta tell you, she was extremely cute! Long story short we connected in a different way if you know what I mean! I loved massage and I’m sure she loved what I had for her!

Original review: March 29, 2020

While many of us are trying to pay our bills, mortgages, employees, groceries and everything life has thrown at us in this COVID-19 environment Massage Envy - West University continues to charge us their monthly fees even though we cannot get a massage even if we wanted one. You should be ashamed of yourself. My wife and I intend to cancel with this low life organization and join Massage Heights who we understand froze billing. Come on Massage Envy your greed is unacceptable!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I was told I could cancel my contract at anytime free of charge only if I cancel 10 days before the next payment due date, only to find out it was a complete and total lie! You will owe the money no matter what unless you get a medical doctor to say you can't have the massage.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

It would be nice to get a lower back message. The therapists are so restricted of how to cover and maneuver so not make people uncomfortable, that it takes more time doing that than do the job. It's a massage. Lower back is most people's issues if they do physical work. Put a camera in the room if needed...not like we're laying there nude.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Hi Everyone! My sister bought me a year membership, in full for Christmas 2018. Since she bought the membership they wanted my credit card to keep on file. They started charging my card in April for what I thought was for extra services, but ended up being for monthly membership (which was already paid for in full). Now they refuse to refund me my money...but out of the kindness of their greedy little hearts will extend my membership so I can use my twice paid for service. I don't want anything to do with these people or their services. I intend to see if I can give my services to other people....we'll see just how greedy this company is....

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Thank goodness I looked at my statement. I was charged on two separate dates (meaning it was not a random mistake) for services and products I did not receive. The franchise I dealt with was slow to act and refund me. The bookkeeper informed me that the employee who charged me has since left. What does that mean? Was she fired for doing this to other clients? I'm very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I live in Massachusetts but am spending 8 weeks in Florida taking a class at a training facility. My friend from Massachusetts purchased me a Massage Envy gift card as a going away present to use while I’m here in Palm Coast, Florida. When she purchased the gift card, they had her set up an account for me (not a membership) with my name and phone number. The amount on the gift card was for the price of one couple's massage for my husband and I plus gratuity. I made my appointment, we had a nice massage, and at check out I was told the gift card balance was only 17 dollars. What? I was confused. They then told me they could see on their system that I had used part of it in California and part of it in Wisconsin. I said I haven’t been to either of those places, and I had never even heard of or stepped foot in a Massage Envy until today. They said “I’m sure there’s a mix up, don’t worry, we’ll figure this out and give you a call.”

Well, my credit card (that they had taken to have on file when I made the appointment in case of cancellation) was charged $103 dollars, and they did call me. I asked what was going on. They said “think of this from our perspective- you purchased the gift card in Massachusetts, you used it in California, you used it in Wisconsin and now you’re in Florida- it seems you’ve been traveling, what else are we supposed to think?” I said, “No, I have not been traveling. could it be possible that someone with a similar name as me went into the Massage Envy in those other states, said their name, and the employee mistakenly pulled up my account instead of theirs, told the customer they had gift credit, and applied my gift card to their services?” They admitted that was probably what happened, but said I should call my friend who purchased the gift card to find out what had happened.

How would she know what happened?! Plus, why should I have to embarrass my friend because of your mistake?? Then I was told my only other option was to call corporate. I left a message there but I’m not hopeful I’ll hear back or get a refund. I opened a dispute with my credit card company to retrieve the funds, and canceled the card Massage Envy had on file so they won’t charge someone else’s services to my account, if that’s even what really happened. I’m thinking it might just be a total scam to get paid double, because it’s strange they would require the gift card purchaser to have to set up an account for the recipient. That enabled them to claim someone had used my account before I was able to use the gift card. Terrible. No accountability or apology, and so irresponsible. I asked why they don’t verify who people are before pulling up their account, they said “we have no way to do that” haha.

Massage Envy Company Information