Folsom, CA

3.0/5 (100 ratings)

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?

Original review: April 24, 2022

I also have staffing issues in my business but I don't charge my customers for services I cannot deliver. I have not been able to book a massage at a time that will work for me for nearly 6 months. The price has gone up repeatedly and I have started using them for much cheaper services just because I can make an appointment for them. At one time I kept my membership because I would lose a lower rate if I cancelled. Now a future membership will SAVE me money as I am being charged more than the new member rate. If I can't find a way to use up the banked services I will just cancel and lose them. Services are cheaper if you are a member but only if you don't work or want a lot of facials. Staff has always been friendly and tried to be helpful but I hope franchise owners are looking into a way to reward members. Customer services ratings should terrify them.

Original review: March 25, 2022

My wife and I have been members at Massage Envy for over a decade. This operation was, at one time, professional, helpful and provided a good service. This is no longer the case. Since reopening after COVID it has been a huge challenge to schedule a massage due to lack of therapists. Also, when we were able to schedule a massage on the mobile app the scheduled therapist on several occasions did not keep the appointment. To add insult to injury, there were times where multiple cancelations happened and my wife and I were not provided notice of the cancellation prior to the appointment time. Only after we showed up at the location were we told the massage was cancelled. This was a huge error by the scheduling staff and a colossal waste of our time.

After several of these scheduling mishaps we decided to cancel our memberships. We called the Parker, Colorado location to cancel our memberships but Massage Envy continued to auto debit our account. After leaving several messages on the company voicemail, because the staff was not answering the phone during normal business hours, we were forced to physically visit the location to request Massage Envy to stop debiting via autopay. We had accumulated over $2,000 in unused massages.

After speaking with Shara, the manager, we were told they would not refund any charges that were auto debited after we cancelled the membership. Shara claimed she did not cancel the memberships at the time of our request because she was sick with COVID for 2 weeks. Shara said she would send a written cancellation form via email but she didn't do that either. Shara was RUDE on the telephone and was absolutely unwilling to help a client who was a Massage Envy member for over a decade. A client who had accrued $2,000 in unused massages that were not refundable according to company policy. A client Massage Envy continued to auto debit after the cancellation was made. In the end, our only option was to call our bank and put a stop payment on any future charges from Massage Envy.

This company is unethical and predatory. The management is in dire need of fundamental training in customer service. Massage Envy has already been involved in one class action lawsuit due to their poor business practices, but they continue operating with the same practices to this day. I highly recommend to anyone who is contemplating a membership with this company to look elsewhere. We will never use this company again and will recommend our friends and family do the same.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I am writing this review because of the poor service from this location. This location is the blueprint of failed leadership, management, and supervision!!! The Massage Envy Franchise should be ashamed to allow this location to continue to neglect their clients. Do not visit this location for services!!! The staff is poorly trained, personnel turnover is the highest I've ever seen, phone calls are never returned (If they answer), there is no sense of care or professionalism to address your needs, and a manager is never available!!! Absolutely Unprofessional!!! There are other reviews that address the same concerns. It is obvious they don't care about their reputation. This review will not address my needs or improve the culture at this location. I want to share my experience and to warn you before doing business at this location. Hopefully, someone will care enough to embrace the staff with true professional guidance, mentoring, and leadership. George Jr.

Original review: March 22, 2022

This is a rating for the Massage Envy in Casa Linda shopping center in Dallas, Texas. I had a difficult time cancelling my membership at this location. I became unhappy after over 10 years of going there when I was turned away one day (although I had 6 months of credits saved up!) because it was the day before payday and my monthly payment had not gone through. I was treated as if I was trying to steal from the company, not like a faithful 10-year customer who was one day out from payday and having a cash flow problem.

After the rudeness, I decided to cancel altogether. I had received a letter about a price increase that said anyone who wanted to cancel their membership should send an email to a certain email address, which I did. I was charged again that month and when I called the manager to protest, she very coldly informed me that my email meant nothing because I had not filled out the proper form. (Keep in mind I did not get a response to the email at all--much less telling me that.) No apologies, no kindness: she did a fake "Have a nice day" in a snotty voice. So I paid that month reluctantly (what choice did I have?).

I now have 7 credits. I filled out the cancellation form, and emailed it. Once again there was no response so I called the manager, who this time admitted she received the form but refused to confirm this in writing; she would not even respond to the email to say she received it (leaving me vulnerable to being charged again this month). I asked her name which she told me was "Kristen," but she snippily informed me she did not have to tell me her last name. I asked for the owner's name but she also informed me she didn't "have to" give out that information. I don't think I have ever received such poor customer service and nastiness from a store manager.

I know their business has really suffered during Covid and you would think a customer who stayed through that time with automatic payments coming out every month would be treated a little better (not to mention I had been a customer for over 10 years). BTW, I loved my massage therapist there. But management is unbelievably rude and even mean. I will drive to another Massage Envy further away to fulfill my remaining credits and will never enter into a contract with them again after these experiences.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Save your money. You must pay a monthly fee to join, but I was unable to get any massage appointments for 3 months across 3 locations within 7 miles! And if you want firm or deep tissue massage, several places don't even have them anymore, which of course is not made known. So you accumulate credits that you can't use, and if you quit (stop sending more money after bad), you have 60 days to use up credit or forfeit! But you guessed it, you can't get an appointment. This setup is AWFUL for the customer!

Original review: March 17, 2022

Call to schedule an appointment, and it was a voice message telling me to text them with my information, and they would get back with me the next business day. Terrible customer service! I called because I hurt and want to set up an appointment asap. They missed out on someone that is in bad shape, and would have scheduled 2 massages a week. Their loss!

Original review: March 16, 2022

I have been trying to utilize my membership for months now with no availability. I have spent over $1000 with this company and no service to speak of except a facial that wasn't even very good. They are booked for four months out. If I don't get any service soon I will cancel and be out over $1000 and nothing to show for it. Don't get hooked into buying a membership! BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: March 9, 2022

I was a member for over 12 years. Last year I became ill and could not go for massages, I still paid, every month 59 dollars was taken out of my bank account. I had over 12 sessions unused. I gave my son a session as a gift in September. In October the rate increased, no one told me, I asked for a cancellation. I was offered a $10 a month instead to which I said, "No thank you, I want to cancel."

My son goes to get his massage and they denied it because my account was suspended for non payment, mind you, they have over 12 months of my money, over $600 that they took and now they cover their butts saying it's their rules. I lost all that money and the gift I gave my son, well before I cancelled. I spoke with a girl who was extremely rude, talked over me and hung up on me. I called back and spoke with the manager who basically said that's life, not his exact words but it summed it up as he said there was nothing I could do about it. In my opinion, Massage Envy stole my money!

Original review: March 2, 2022

I decided to cancel my membership due to the lack of using it on a monthly basis. I had the membership for over a year and had 9 credits on my account. I book a massage appointment on 3/1/2022, after my massage, I decided to go ahead to cancel my membership due to the increase in price and the lack of use of this membership. I was at the Allen Tx location, I asked to cancel my membership. I was told that they didn't have any cancellation forms, and their printer wasn't working. They said they would need to email me the cancelation form and I could email the form back to them. I asked them to email it at that time and I would fill it out on my phone. I was told I didn't need to sign it, that I could type that in. I did as I was told, waited at the store to make sure the email was received, and left afterward. I live about 15 minutes away from the location, once home I received an email from the location.

Stating: we noticed you failed to complete the cancelation forms, please make sure you sign where it asks and if you have any questions about credits or dates please contact us. We are only allowed to start your cancellation process with your forms being completed, thank you! (note: that I type this exactly as I received in the email). I called the office once I got home, resent the documents. I was told that the manager has to approve the cancelation. I would not recommend getting a membership with massage envy. Thank you, I hope this helps.

Original review: March 1, 2022

Company essentially stole from me. I paid for massages. I'm an active member in good standing and have been for nearly 8 years. Paid their fee to transfer massages to another person. They mysteriously lost them when they changed systems. They claim there's no record of the transfer, yet can't explain the previously massages being paid by that person by credits. This is completely unacceptable and corporate supposedly is aware of what happened and has left no remedy. I am disgusted.

Massage Envy Company Information