2. Miscellaneous

Folsom, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.18/5

Massage Envy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I called the Brookfield, CT location to purchase a gift card for my daughter-in-law and asked them to hold on to it for my son to pick up. I made an embarrassing mistake. I called the wrong place. I meant to call another local spa that my daughter-in-law goes to. When I realized my mistake I called right away, hoping for understanding and a refund. I had to call three times before getting an answer – which was... no refunds, even though they still had possession of the card. They said it was a national policy and I could call the national office, which I did.

Over a period of 4 business days, I left 5 messages with customer service and one with the CEO before finally receiving a call back from... IT. (You have to wonder about a company that uses IT personnel to appease customers.) Their answer was no refund but I could possibly work something out with the CT location. I called the Brookfield location again and asked for a manager to call me...it never happened. I called again two days later and asked for a manager. After being placed on hold an employee told me no refund, but again, no manager talked to me.

I made a stupid mistake that I admitted, and was hoping for some understanding during unusual times, however, what angered me is the total lack of response! Not one conversation with the local manager and 6 calls to the corporate customer service office before even a response? That silence speaks volumes about how they really feel about customers. Stay away from this company!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

Over the past 3-4 years, I have been a loyal Massage Envy customer. We have primarily used Nashua but also frequented Methuen. I have 3 memberships that are billed monthly. At the start of covid, the billing stopped. Once the massage parlors were allowed to open again, billing continued. One day, I called to schedule an appointment for my son who is a paying member. He was not quite 15 yet so they denied him an appointment. Why does he have to pay if he can’t go?

After not wanting to go for a few months due to safety concerns and length of possible exposure in a small room, I decided I no longer wanted to get massages. I called to cancel my memberships for the time being. We had over 8 credits paid for each by the time I cancelled. At $55 per credit, this is over $1300. They allow you only 2 months to use up your credits and then you lose the rest. I called the manager to see if there was anything I could do. I wanted to use them but how can I use 8 credits in 2 months? I will be there weekly which is ridiculous. They refused to help and basically told me TOO BAD!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

I purchased the minimum massage for my daughter and son in law. $65 for an hour. Gave the receptionist my card she charged $360.00 and said they could NOT refund me for overcharging my account. We contacted them 3 times. NO REPLY.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

If I could give 0 stars I would. I am high risk for covid and so are many of the people I associate myself with. They refuse to stop my payments when I haven't used the services in 7 months. I told them that not only did I lose my job to covid and can't afford it, but that I also can not risk using the services at all. They refuse to let me cancel. During a global pandemic! Corrupt!! Such a terrible awful company!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

My husband and I decided to treat ourselves with getting a membership subscription. A couple months after, Covid started and everything was in lockdown but monthly membership fees were still being charged and accumulated. When Massage Envy opened back up we asked if we could please freeze our subscription to be able to catch up with the amount of massages we hadn't been able to use due to the Covid lockdown. They said that even if we would freeze it we still would have to pay $40 and wouldn't be able to use the accumulated once in the meantime.

We then asked what would happen if we would cancel the subscription. Massage Envy said in that case we only would have six weeks to use the accumulated massages or we would lose them all. For such a big company we were not impressed with their rules. We contacted Massage Envy corporate customer service over a month ago and left a voicemail. Haven't heard back. Are they there for their clients? Don't think so. Very disappointing and we are about ready to completely cancel both our subscriptions.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

Do not get a membership! Biggest scam ever! I signed up for a membership and realized I wasn’t using it like I thought I would. When I canceled they told me I had 2 months to use 12 services that I hadn’t even gotten too in a year! Offered to let me use them over longer time if I paid $10 fee that went to the house. You have to pay an extra fee to transfer a massage, even though you’ve already paid for the service at their price. And to my knowledge now you can’t transfer a service after you cancel. So now I have to go for 10 massages in 2 weeks before they expire. They are just out for your money!!! Booked a couple's massage (that verbiage was used) and they didn’t tell me we wouldn't be in the same room until we arrived, how is that a couple's massage? Just so disappointed that I committed to something so scandalous.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

My spouse purchased a gift card February 2020 for $85 ($65 plus $20 tip). I couldn’t get an appointment until recently because of Covid. Meanwhile-He just purchased a second gift card and paid $135! He didn’t realize that they charged $50 more for only a ONE hour (basically really 50 minute) massage, thinking it must be a longer service. I just had my first massage today and asked them about the second gift card-, if it was for 90 minutes? They said their rate is now $115 PER HOUR and then added the $20 tip.

I asked for a refund for the unused gift card, because my spouse didn’t fully understand what he was really paying for. They refused. The manager at the North Wales, PA facility couldn’t have cared less!!! I feel like they took advantage of my well meaning, but uninformed husband. There are doctors who literally save lives that get paid less per hour! Obviously the owners are gouging the uninformed customers, which in this current environment Is sad. BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I had a membership here a few years back and the service was not up to par. I was given a massage as a gift March 2020. The massage was amazing, customer service - not so much. Because the massage was good, I thought I’d give it another try and purchased a 6-month membership. Well - do NOT waste your time! The management and customer service here are horrendous. My next couple of massages were not good, and the masseuse from March was no longer there. I can’t begin to tell you how unprofessional this place is. Go elsewhere. Spa Sydell/Lawrenceville or Natural Body Spa/Snellville will take care of you! Massage Envy is horrible! The front desk staff are horrendous! If I could give less than 1 star I would have.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I've had 3 massages since signing my membership and loved them! Nice staff who greet you and answer the phones! Now with their new policy, the client and massage therapist must wear a mask during the massage. I respect their decision for this new rule. But not everyone wants to wear a mask during a massage and that's my right. I'm not trying to put anyone at risk by not wearing one, I simply asked to be released from my contract due to this unforeseen new policy, that I am not comfortable with or want to move forward with in my membership. M.E. will only let you freeze your membership which prolongs your yearly membership, after your 6 month hold. They won't take Covid and their new policy into consideration for cxl'ing. I think this is poor customer service. I wouldn't be wanting to cxl if their policies remained the same as when I signed my contract. So for this reason, I personally don't recommend Massage Envy.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I had signed a 1 year contract with Massage Envy. I was charged during COVID19 while they were closed. Refused to refund me and now they tell me I have 5 massages coming to be taken in the next 60 days. They will only allow 1 to be gifted and they will charge me $10.00 more for it. I do not feel comfortable due to COVID19 and I was advised that it was just too bad and "I don't make the rules". They assure me that they are sanitizing. WOW I am convinced. Very poor business practices especially during this hard time. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Massage Envy Company Information