Massage Envy

Folsom, CA

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

After being with Massage Envy since 2008, I am terminating my membership due to poor customer service. I don't mind being charged if I can't make it to a visit at last minute. Over the years, I've worked with some therapists who call in, and I completely understand if they can't make it to a visit. What I can't understand is charging a client for a visit that they didn't schedule or get a confirmation call about. I booked an appointment for last week. I wrote it down in my calendar.

I checked the Massage Envy app that day, and noted that it was not listed in the app and that I hadn't received a call about that appointment so I did not go to that appointment. They apparently had the appointment listed as today. They did not call the day before to confirm (even though it says they did) and the appointment was not listed in the app. They told me that the app is not their responsibility even though it has their name and logo and all my other appointments have showed up in the app, and that I should "write down" my appointments in the future.

So, my husband bought me a $100 gift card, and got a $25 coupon with it. I thought it would be enough for two massages. Wrong. The first massage is $55, but if you don't join, the second one is $95! Not to mention, they took my gift card and lost it when they had to reschedule me because there was no masseuse at the scheduled time. My second massage was not great. I did start to sign up then changed my mind, but the terms were so confusing, it was crazy! I would not recommend this place, and will never go back.

On December 23rd, I went to ME for my monthly relaxation routine. This session I used the Woodmore location in Maryland, where I initially started my subscription. On this particular day, I was more than dissatisfied, to say the least. I was greeted by a masseuse that I made clear was one that I had requested not to be assigned to again due to our initial encounter. I spoke to the manager at the time about the situation. It took them 30 minutes to reassign me another masseuse, and this was not until I had demanded that my 1 hour get some resolve. There was more of a hush about the situation than haste. I completed the 30 minute, which was not the initial time, with another masseuse.

After that un-relaxed experience, I spoke to the manager and explained that I wanted to file a complaint and request that my account be pulled from their location and be reassigned to another, College Park, as I refused to be tied to this location anymore. The manager at the time was very slow to produce the necessary paperwork and decided to get another manager involved. My request didn't change however as I was by now utterly irate.

The second manager checked my file and stated that it was their mishap as they never documented that masseuse on my file and if I still need to be reassigned then she would have me complete the documents and forward it to the department. I filled out the form and requested a copy. They credited me a half hour, to pacify the matter, and then I left, feeling that the action would be complete. In February, I called ME College Park to gift a session to my daughter, who wanted the experience, which would determine her sign up, only to be told by a rep at College Park that my account is still assigned to Woodmore Town Center. Needless to say I went off.

When I called there, another manager was present and I had to update her on the situation. She asked me to hold and when she returned, she informed me that not only did they not fulfill the request, but the form that I had filled out somehow got missing, and a note was left stating that they needed more information from me regarding contact. Now I was on fire, as all the information that they needed was just a click away as no information change had been made since 2013. I informed the manager that I will call the assigned department to that location about the matter.

The following day the manager that I spoke to on December 23rd, sent me an email which started a paper trail of information, which I still have saved. She apologized and ranted about how she recently requested update on the request. This is now February. She is saying this about an action that should have been taken care of in December. Not only did she do that, she explained she wasn't sure how the document got missing, but she sent me a completed form with the reason being that I requested relocation, no explanation as to why, which was on the initial document.

She also added that if I didn't get a chance to sign she will still move forward with the request. I responded by telling her that I will not sign the document as that didn't state the true reason I wished a relocation. I spoke to Sara ** the ME affairs coordinator who requested my copy to complete the transaction after I spoke to her in length about all that was taking place. She said she would get in touch with Shelby, who was the manager.

I forwarded all that I needed to. She replied to me once, stating that she apologized now for the delay and as soon as that is cleared up she would reply. It is now March 14, 2017; about 12 weeks after the incident and 4 weeks since Sara and I made contact. I sent an email last Monday, explaining that I now wish to cancel my monthly with ME based on the lengthy unresolved matter and my feeling as a consumer and no one, especially Sara has tried to reach out nor any update has been made to my account. This is far beyond acceptable and I need to know what can be done regarding this matter.

I just don't understand how they charge people. If your massage is 85$ it should be 85$ whether or not you're paying in cash or you're using one of your prepaid month that you spent 60$ on. If you use your prepaid massage they want to charge you for 2 pre-paid massage that adds up to 120$. Or if you want to use 1 of your prepaid massage then they want to charge you another 45$. I know I'm not the smartest person but I can add, if something is 85$ why would I pay 120$ or 105$ for something they have listed for 85.

So if we recap. A hot stone is 85$, a prepaid massage is 60$ so if I want a hot stone I should only owe you 25! When I went to school 60+25= 85. I don't know where they get off charging 105 up to 120 for a 85$ massage just because you want to use your prepaid massage that they already charged you for. What a RIPOFF.

If I could give a zero star rating, I would. Let me say, that I canceled my membership because I wasn't using the services as often as I was paying for them. I had 4.5 remaining to use and scheduled a facial. I was called shortly after to reschedule due to a training the esthetician was attending. No sweat, I rescheduled for the next day instead. Then, the morning of the appointment, I was called and informed the esthetician no longer worked there. OK, things happen. I rescheduled for the following weekend. I was never given a confirmation call, mind you, but I showed up for my appointment (rescheduled twice now) to find out, I was again scheduled with the same esthetician that no longer worked there. What imbecile reschedules an appointment for a client, with an esthetician they KNOW no longer works there?

So, they tell me they can rebook my appointment for later the same day - "No I'm sorry, this is your mistake. I'm not coming back after I've already rearranged my day for this." Then they try to offer me a comped service. "I'm sorry, you can see I already have 4.5 that I haven't used, what makes you think I need another one?" At this point, I no longer want to do business with Massage Envy and ask for my services that I have remaining, to be refunded. I paid for these services and they can't competently schedule me, then I wanted my money back for them. The person says they can't refund my money but again tried to give me another service. NEVER will I go back. I am filing a BBB complaint. They need smarter people to work there. Someone who doesn't reschedule your appointment with someone they just told you no longer works there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?

How does one describe the nature of this company in Myrtle Beach? You sign a contract, the contract is a crock of crap. There is a high turnover rate with both the front desk and the massage therapist themselves. Is right of the bat is a revelation that owner does not know what he/she is doing. Any time there is a high turnover rate, one must question the nature of this location/owner/company as a whole. It is such a complete joke. For example when someone you like works on you they are usually gone within six months or less. It seems the good employees are either frustrated out the door or the owner fires them. It appears they would rather hold on to mediocre help, instead of quality help for whatever reason or reasons. Perhaps this act has something to do with controlling the subpar help.

However, me and my wife will no longer be seeking their services. Not to mention the male therapist we use to go to was exceptional, whatever happened to him, remains unknown. However, we tried other male therapists at this location and they were lousy. The pressure was light and they did not pay attention to detail. It appears the owner of this location does not care and maybe should sell the franchise right to someone else. The fact of the matter remains, do not ever become a member of this company and these Myrtle Beach locations are a complete and serious joke. Use caution before joining. And test the therapist before joining, if they are good they usually will not last.

I and my husband was the membership of Massage Envy one and half years ago. Since October last year, we thought we already finished our one year contract. However we didn't know that we need to cancel the membership by person. Nobody in the front desk told us at that point neither, they just told us how membership is good and benefit for us and sign the contract. We did not realized that the contract is auto-renewable, until almost half year past, when I check our credit card, they charge us 130 each month without any notices. They even did not make any phone call ask! Totally, they charged me 520 dollar, and they would not give back all the charges after I made a phone call. I would not recommend this company to anyone. A very disappointed company only cares about money!

I became a member of ME in Sept of 2016. I feel I got scammed. I went for my monthly facials/massages up until today. Mind you I had already cancelled my 6 month membership with them so today I went in for my massage, which sucked, and then asked how many more do I have left for my final month, the girl says "none." I said "wait a minute. I should still have 1 more month of service" and she told me "no because you used all yours up with the extra times you took." "I thought that was covered since I paid $20 each time extra." "No that was taken from each month." Also I never used anything in January so technically I still have a month, not all used up. As I see it, I still paid for 1 more month until the end of March but not according to them. This place is nothing but scam artists. So basically I paid for 6 months but only got to use 4 months. I'm so pissed right now. I will never go to them again nor will I tell anyone to go there.

Unacceptable. I have had several issues with the Kingstowne facility. First one was a bad odor in the facility on the day of a massage. They did reimburse me with a free session for that month. Another time the room was so cold the masseuse could barely warm her hands. They gave me another free session. Today my 2 PM massage was cancelled by a phone call at 11 am!!! There was no backup masseuse. People have busy lives and I told them that I had rescheduled my entire weekend around the appointment. Not having a backup is stupid and hardly worth a subscription. How can I be sure there won't be another issue? I resent having to "subscribe" to a facility that is obviously not ready for prime time. The concept of a subscription is in itself stupid and only benefits the corporation. Other facilities don't expect you to "join"... they are doing fine. I will most likely be taking this into consideration going forward.

Finding time to get a massage from a place you don't care for is hard. Going in to cancel your membership is just as hard. After not using the membership since July of 2015, I was relieved when the card they had on file apparently expired and they were no longer able to charge. Magically this month, they were able to charge the last 5 months at $299. This was obviously an unexpected charge and not easy to swallow. Upon calling the Westminster, CO store, I was told that the system automatically runs the card daily. If find this to be a lie as there was definitely enough money in the account to pay at some point over the last 5 months. They won't give refunds as they say it is impossible, bs. Steer clear of Massage Envy and make sure you follow their outdated procedure of canceling in person!

Massage Envy lost two or three new customers, earned a POOR rating from us and I am recommending to everyone we know that they should not only steer clear of ME as a business, but to definitely NOT buy a gift certificate. You won't get what you pay for with ME. My granddaughter and I booked a one hour massage and foot spa the last week of September for my daughter's birthday the first week of October. ME's prices increased October 1st.

When my daughter called to book her massage and foot spa, ME would not honor what we purchased in September because of a price increase that happened AFTER we purchased her gift certificate package. Neither the location purchased or the location where she wanted to book would honor the purchase because of corporate ME policies. Instead of granting my daughter the massage and foot spa as paid for, ME deducted the foot massage from her package because of the price increase, even though her gift certificate had not expired.

To add insult to injury, they charged her $0.01 more because of the price increase! A PENNY! Lastly, she booked the appointment weeks in advance for 4:30. The day of the appointment, ME had a cancellation and called to advance her appointment time to 4 p.m. to which she agreed to at the time of the call, but with 4:30 still in her mind, she got busy and when she remembered the time change and realized she'd be late, she called and learned that if she rescheduled back to her original time of 4:30, ME would have charged her for the time change because it was less than 24 hours notice - even though it was ME that rescheduled her within a few hours.

My daughter rushed to get there and was ten minutes late. ME not only deducted the ten minutes from her one hour massage, but deducted an extra five for the time it took to check her in - So - for the gift of a one hour massage and foot spa, she received a "45" minute massage, No Foot Spa and Owed a Penny! The only reason we gave ME a try was convenience (there's a location close to my daughter's work and home). I will NOT recommend Massage Envy to anyone and NO ONE in our circle of influence will darken the doors of Massage Envy as a result of this poor experience.

I went online to Massage Envy in Fishers, Indiana to schedule a massage after receiving their gift card as a gift for Christmas. I was called by a representative and told my charge would be $65 for a 60 minute appointment. I told the representative the price online was $55. She said it would be $65 if I chose a pedicure without the polish, which is an upcharge. I told her I did not want the upcharge. She then told me my reservation would not be secure without a credit card, which I refused to give over the telephone in this day of credit card theft.

I explained I would be paying by gift card, which she said was fine, but they would not reserve an appointment for me. I shared I do not live in Fishers and did not want to travel 30 minutes to take a chance on not being serviced. An appointment was not reserved for me and I was given no satisfaction, even asking if I could just get a refund for the gift card. I will use the gift card I was given, but I will never return and I will recommend that all of my friends and family not use the services of Massage Envy.

On 1/13, I had a 7pm appt for a 90 minute massage. At 7:07pm I was still waiting. I went to front desk and was told Ashley was just finishing up with her previous client. I was very upset and cancelled the appt. I was charged for that appt. If they were late why am I still being charged? I cancelled my membership. The front desk acted like I had no right to be upset and cancel. I was a member for several years, they didn't care that they were losing a client, they wouldn't reinstate my time.

I have belonged to Massage Envy for over 8 years and was going to the one in Cleveland, Ohio, the Chagrin road branch. I was consistently working with a therapist named Eric **. I have had various injuries. One of them being a right shoulder injury that I was rehabbing for a presumed labral tear, and Eric knew about this. I was actually commenting to him that I was happy my shoulder was getting better with rehab. During the massage, he starting massaging my right arm and pulled down on it and on my shoulder causing acute pain. I jumped in pain and he got angry with me. Told me he knew what he was doing, and to go find another therapist. I was pretty shocked, but decided to get the rest of my massage. I even tipped this arrogant therapist.

Since that time, now a month later, I have had bad shoulder pain, have seen doctors, gotten acupuncture, and cannot get back to the improvement I had. He hurt me badly and when the owner called me about it, I explained my position. One month later, the owner has not taken any appreciable action (I asked for a face to face meeting with him and the therapist) and has yet to even talk to the therapist more than a few minutes.

I am a physician, and I have not experienced such an arrogant massage therapist who does not know his physiology. Not only does this therapist NOT know what he is doing, he is arrogant and indignant (I have recently found out that he is known to be arrogant and this obviously makes me feel worse). The owner (Christopher **), although nice on the phone, said he was going to "counsel" Eric ** and let me know the result. One month later he has done nothing (except gave me a couple of facial massages which is a pittance compared to the damage his therapist has created). I strongly recommend NOT going to this Massage Envy, but if you do, NOT going to Eric ** who is known for his arrogance and who physically hurt me without showing an ounce of compunction. Stay away is my advice.

Contract with Massage Envy does not allow for rate increase at the location I have the contract with. They increased rate - charged my credit card without notification (they mailed a notification to the person who recommended them to me apparently- not to me!). My contract clearly stays at the rate that I signed up for. There is no clause that states they can raise the price. They are refusing to continue giving me the contractual rate, telling me I have to go to a far away location in order to continue with my contractual rate, as the location that I have the agreement with "cannot" charge me the now lower rate.

Also they would not refund the charge to my account! They gave me a gift card for Massage envy for the overage and told me I had to use the massage! Which I did and used the gift card for the tip for the Massage Therapist. Then my account was put on hold, until they could figure out how to honor the contract. First they said they would manually charge my credit card each month. Now they are refusing to do that! They are telling me I have to sign a cancellation form and then resign up with another location that is 30 miles away to get my original contract price. They are in breach of our contract. They have no integrity whatsoever; unethical business practices.

I was sold the Massage Envy membership. BIG Mistake!!! It is very difficult to get appointments on the weekends. I made an appointment for a facial and a massage at the Massage Envy in Thornton Colorado for 11/26. My massage was first and my facial was to follow the 60 minute massage. Seven minutes after my appointment was supposed to take place a young woman walks up to me and says "I am sorry but the therapist that was supposed to do your massage is not even on the schedule". I asked what that meant to me - she stated that I would have to reschedule my massage at another time. I said that I did not understand how they could make an appointment with someone not on the schedule. She said that those types of things were out of her control. I told her that was not true, they had complete control of the schedule and they made a mistake. I should not have to pay for their mistake. Basically there was nothing she could do.

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. If I no-showed I would be charged. Shouldn't they provide the service for free - since they made the mistake? Interesting they offered nothing in compensation for their mistake. All the people at the front desk gaped at me as I told the alleged manager that I was upset. I had gotten a ride to the business. I could not leave and I was dressed for a massage and facial. I would love to never go back to this HORRIBLE business, but unfortunately they conned me into a membership and I have 10 unused services that I need to use before I can cancel.

Massage Envy debited my checking account with a debit card that was not authorized. When I originally signed up with Massage Envy I used a different debit card and not the one I currently have. They went behind my back and found out from my bank which card I did have and used that one to pay my monthly bill. This is considered fraud. Massage Envy is a scam and now I will have to report them to my bank and try to get my money back. They will not have another chance to do this again. This is a rip-off!!!

Once you sign a contract, you are stuck with paying monthly even if you don't use any of the services. To cancel, you need to be present and pay a month in advance even if you haven't used any of their services. You have to apply to have your account frozen so you don't pay the monthly membership but then you have to pay up to keep your membership before they freeze your account. If you freeze the account, you can't use the services you are entitled to, unless you pay an additional monthly fee. It is a racket. My advice, if you must use Massage Envy you are better off paying regular rates rather than paying for membership. They now owe me 6 sessions and there is no way I can get my money back without having to continue to pay them. Their practices are shadowy if not illegal. Stay away!

I have been a Massage Envy customer for years and had to deal with their ridiculous system requirements and convoluted membership system. But this is the last straw. I'm moving to an area that has no Massage Envy. I have an hour and a half of services that I have already paid for. I told them that I wanted to use my prepaid service and then cancel my account. Then informed me that I would have to pay for another month so that I could use the services that I had already previously paid!

This company has no way of keeping track of gift card transactions. I had a $100 gift card and had used all of it but $35. Now all of the sudden there is a zero balance and no one can tell me the last transaction. I've tried to call corporate but no one answered. I've emailed several times as well. I've gotten one email back confirming the zero balance and then have been ignored when I asked for last transaction.

On August 28, 2016, I came into Massage Envy in South Reno for a massage using 2 $100 gift certificates (equaling $200). My massage was ok, nothing great. Afterwards there was a new employee who was using false promises to have me sign a contract for massages for a year. When the girl helping her was looking up my gift certificates, she was unable to find the balance or information on one card and stated "Don't worry, we will honor it." She stated this several times. This was after my voicing that the only reason I would even consider a one year of massages contract is because I have the $200 in Gift Certificates given to me by family members. She ASSURED me the $200 would be applied and stated that she noted both cards in my account in the notes and that I didn't even need to keep the cards anymore. (I kept them anyway).

Later when I arrived home I noticed she did not fill in the date that my credit card would be charged each month making this an incomplete contract. I also asked this new employee if the massage on this day was going towards the 12 credits required for the year and was told "yes, absolutely." Fast forward to my next appointment I made. (9/11/16) After the massage, again mediocre. I told the person at the front counter I wanted this to go towards the 12 credits. Meaning I now have 10 left to fulfill my contract. I was verbally told "no, it didn't go towards your contract, but let me change that now for you."

Also, she stated there was no balance on my $100 gift card that was used at the previous appointment when I was told I did have a balance after the first massage was paid for using that card. She then stated that the other card she magically found on this day was used by my sister-in-law in Kentucky who is the giver of the gift card. (SO, WHY WERE THEY UNABLE TO FIND THIS ON THE DAY I SIGNED UP?) I left that day extremely upset at the inconsistencies your employees tell your clients.

Then, I called to set an appointment on 10/23 and spoke to manager named Anna. She looked into my account and stated that I have no massages towards my contract fulfillment at this time. Imagine my frustration as I have been told something different each time I have called or walked through your door. I was told during first visit that I now had 11 massages left on the contract to fulfill. On my second visit I was told I had 10 left to fulfill and now during booking third visit I was told I still have 12 left and that NONE have been used. Each time I have been told "Don't worry we will make notes on your account" only to find the next person can't find anything in the notes and one employee even stating you don't have notes. Horrible experience and very unethical practices.

Shoved paperwork in my face after I went in for first massage. They never told me that there was a 12 month "commitment". My only purpose was to use up an HSA that I had from previous job and I told them that. They overdrafted my account and refused to refund 2 credits that I had paid for.

I have been a member of Massage Envy since 2010. I was fortunate enough to find and keep good therapist over the years. Recently, ME decided to increase their monthly fees to $55 per month. I learned about this increase through word of mouth from one of my girlfriends that also has a membership, not sure why they did not bother notifying me via email or in person especially since I usually get a massage monthly. I went to ME today to update my credit card and take advantage of maintaining the $49.99 rate that was extended to existing customers (although no one from ME told me about this) and was told that the offer to keep the $49.99 expired on October 13, 2016.

When I spoke to someone at ME well in advance of October 13, 2016, about updating my credit card, I was never told that there was an expiration date on keeping the $49.99 for a additional year. Why wouldn't an existing customer agree to keep the lower rate for an additional year? ME should have simply grandfathered everyone in to the $49.99 rate. It looks like more of their tactics to gouge customers and take advantage of people regardless of the longevity of the relationship. ME should be ashamed of themselves!!! They probably had to increase their dues to make up for all of the customers that are leaving them. Needless to say, I cancelled my membership.

Mighty interesting that you can boldly call someone, threaten to send to collections, non-payment. Maybe because the service is the worst? Hmm, well if you look at a person's account and see they have massages on their account that are paid for, that you refuse to allow them to use because you suspended their account. So tell me how do you get to keep my money I paid for unused massages but have the nerve to send me to collections. Can we say absolutely ridiculous! You mean to tell me you get to keep $240 plus try and collect for future never used service for $180. You have got to be joking! I feel that is theft. How do I get paid for not doing any services because I am in the wrong line of work?

You should be ashamed by reading all these reviews your company seems absolutely the worse. Oh another thing, just automatically renewing a membership without checking with your client seems wrong. Especially when you see in their account that they don't use your service on a regular basis. Have you ever thought about a call out a month before renewal? That's called customer service. You may want to look into that. It's not like you're a gym and people use you on a regular basis. I'm just saying. Your fine print may cover you but it doesn't make it right.

I bought a massage package for my husband who happens to be a therapist. When the massage therapist found this out she spent the entire time talking to him about her personal problems. He said all in all it was okay. But when I bought an hour of deep massage for my son who happens to be a serious athlete, the massage therapist asked if she should continue once the hour was over and my son, not realizing she was adding cost, said okay. He ended up paying 60 dollars for a massage that we had already paid for ahead of time. It was supposed to have been a GIFT. That is unacceptable.

I had at least six paid massages when I cancelled my account that I had for at least three years. I was planning on using them over the next year. When trying to book they told me that all paid massages expire after 60 days. They did not tell me this when I cancelled. Quite a rip-off!!

My 87 year old Mother was scammed out of $60 on a non-refundable gift card. She gave it to me for my birthday and I have no interest in any services or products Massage Envy offers. She doesn't do the internet but I do and I've read their reviews. I called the franchise she bought this card from to see if she could get a full refund if she brought them back the card and her receipt. No. Not under any circumstances. All they are out is a plastic card which we will gladly give them back. But no. They will not refund her money.

What kind of business is in such bad shape that they have to hold on to every penny that comes in the door. If she had bought a blanket or sweater she could have returned it. She has no "product" at all, just a piece of plastic. This is not the only scam this company perpetrates. They also short their customers on their massages, starting late and ending early, they don't honor gift cards claiming they've expired when in my state that is illegal, they don't cancel memberships thus ruining the credit of customers and sending their canceled accounts to collections and in one review they even stole a Fitbit. This is not a company you want to do business with on any level.

I received a free massage as a gift from my roommate because I have been going through a very difficult time. After I was done, unfortunately, it was easy for the saleswoman Nicole to talk me into a membership. She said I could cancel after the initial period which ended on Sept 14th. I asked her multiple times about this because I was nervous. I never sign up for things like this because I'm always afraid of having a bad experience or being screwed over. I should have listened to my instinct.

I signed up with her telling me I could cancel and she even laughed and said, "No, we're not here to screw people." That should have been a sign for me. Sept 01 my car's engine blew up and I spent everything I could in getting it fixed to get to work. Clearly, this caused a financial burden for me. I already paid the $54.99 on Sept 5. I knew after my car blew up that I would not be able to continue with this because I would be negative in my account. It was get a massage or get my car back so my son could go to school and I could go to work. Am I going to miss work so I can pay my massage service? Of course not. The money was taken out on Sept 5, of course. Sept 15, I called and told them I had to cancel. I will never use my massage and they can just keep that Sept 5th payment of $54.99 because I don't have the energy to fight.

I sent an email and called customer service. I spoke with Cody (a fantastic and wonderful customer service agent!). Shannon (a manager at the actual store) emailed me a cancellation form. I filled it out and sent it back. October 5th, they took ANOTHER $54.99 out of my account and they're saying although I requested it on Sept 24, they didn't reach out to me to send me the cancellation form until Sept 27, and my next payment falls within the 10 day period of processing, therefore, they get another payment and will not refund it. I reached out WAY before that. They got back to me and finally got me a form on Sept 27, I complied with everything, even thanked Cody for doing an awesome job unlike anyone in the actual store, and was assured it would all be cancelled and I wouldn't be charged anything more.

Of course I was charged again. Of course, they refuse to refund. They now have $109.98 from me, and I've never once used their services or had a massage. I have literally paid this company $109.98 for nothing. Literally nothing. Shannon ** works at the store. Stacy ** is the General Manager. These people will scam you out of your money and don't care if you have the money or don't and do not care about human to human kindness. My father passed away and my car blew up. They don't care about WHY I don't have money.

Saw same therapist for months. They confirmed appt. But when I arrived found out she was not in. No one at Massage Envy would respond to my complaints. Filed a Better Business Bureau complaint & they responded immediately. Thought things were straightened out then they called me today to tell me my therapist was no longer employed by Massage Envy.

I sent an email to the Area Manager. On 26 Jul 2016 I talked to ** (one of the managers) at the Massage Envy located at 10 Vista Blvd, Slingerlands, NY (518) 478-0900, in regards to the cancellation of my wife's membership. I asked whom the individual is that can make a decision for this branch? ** stated that the person to talk to is **. I explained to ** that my wife is very timid and often agrees with people who come across as rather forceful, pushy, and extremely persuasive in sales techniques as demonstrated by her, ** staff. I also explained that every couple of months my wife would receive a call from Massage Envy stating that she has a few, then several, unused sessions and when would she like an appointment. Not once did the representative ask why she was no longer scheduling any appointments but rather “When are you going to come in?” You can note the lack of appointments in their schedule.

She has been under the care of a doctor who will gladly send you a letter to verify her condition. I explained to ** what had happened on the last couple of occasions when her staff called my wife. My wife had tried to terminate the membership due to a medical condition but all the Massage Envy would keep doing is ask her “When would be a good time for an appointment?” The phone representative would just continue attempting to get her to agree to schedule an appointment. After being on the phone for while, my wife, in tears, said, "Please, I just want to cancel my membership, what do I have to do." The phone representative FINALLY informed her of what to do.

I had also made a couple of phone calls while we were on vacation in July 2016. I got the same disrespectful and pushy treatment from your phone representatives as my wife. I am a retired 28-year Air Force veteran and I can tell a scripted response to questioning. It was unnecessary, disrespectful, intimidating for my wife, and more importantly, thoroughly unprofessional.

My wife drafted a letter to include her name, medical condition, doctors' name and mentioned that she is able to get a letter from her doctor. I asked ** for the amount of the unused sessions over the last several months. The total was $929.85. However, ** explained that she was not authorized to give the refund of $929.85 and that I would have to send the request to the Director of Operations, **, and she (you) will have the authority to disperse the refund. ** said she was going to give you a heads up to let you know that I would be sending you an email.

I believe that under the circumstances in which my wife, and myself, have been treated and that her fear of being touched (medical condition) prevented her from getting the nerve to continue massage treatments, it is fair to request a refund of the remaining balance on past months of automatic payments in the full amount of $929.85. Please return the amount to the Visa card on file or mail her a business check to her name and address at the Slingerlands Massage Envy on file. We look forward to hearing from you for an expedited resolution in this matter.

THIS IS THEIR CANNED RESPONSE. Note the "one time off" at the end and the conditions for reinstatement... pitiful. I am still working on it to this date: "I would like to personally offer you a OnetimeOpportunity to get your account updated and back in good standings. We care about you and you became a member with us for a reason. We understand that things happen and that is why I am reaching out to you today because we want to help you. As an added benefit of getting your account current, you will receive a free Enhancement in your account to be used on your future services.

"In order for us to be able to do this, our billing information needs to be updated. I am willing to waive all past due payments for you, therefore your account will be current and avoid further collection efforts. Please call now to provide your updated information. All past due payments will be waived by making 1 current payment of $59.99 and placing a valid credit card of file. This will bring your account and membership current and you will receive an Enhancement, free. This is a great opportunity for a “clean slate” and a way to start over. We value you as a member and would like to see you continue to benefit from our wellness program.

"Free Enhancement (Aromatherapy, Sugar Foot Therapy or Deep Heat), waive all past due payments, account Becomes 100% current immediately, protect your Credit. Please contact your location today for this one time special offer. We look forward to hearing from you and I personally thank you for being a valued member. This offer can only be offered one time per member. If you have accepted this offer before, we cannot offer it again. Your account must be serviced one of our Buffalo or Albany Locations. Expiration date of updated credit card will need to be at least 1 year or greater from today's date. Offer valid until 8/29/2016."

Massage Envy Company Profile