2. Miscellaneous

Folsom, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.19/5

Massage Envy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I had 90 minute session with Yanet at Massage Envy in Fort Myers today. I have fibromyalgia and had been suffering for a week. I feel great after the combination of stretching and massage.. I highly recommend this Massage location and Yanet!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

My wife bought me a gift card about a year ago and I have scheduled 1-2 massages each month. The staff and therapists are always friendly and professional. About a month ago I started thinking about cancelling my membership. Don’t get me wrong, the massages are always good~ just not fantastic! I decided to try one more therapist (Lori L) and I am now a believer! She is professional and knows what she is doing and enjoys her job! The massages have really helped my chronic neck pain and overall health!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Before massage begins you get a few minutes to relax in a comfortable chairs. I've tried two masseuses and settled on the one that best suited my needs. My masseuse Maria at Coconut Creek Fl location is perfect. Wherever your aches and pains are she will find them. Excellent knowledge on the different muscles. I prefer the deep massage because I lift weights and walk many miles as part of staying health. Most of the time I have muscle pains and the massage helps to alleviate them. Also she massages my head which feels incredible. The atmosphere is very comfortable and relaxing. Clean and massage table comfortable. Maria checks frequently with me to make sure her pressure is not causing pain. I do have a massage once a month and love it. I now incorporate it in my fitness program. It affordable and you can earn points toward future cost when you set your next appointment. You can also schedule your appointments via internet. Webpage is easy to navigate.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I've had 3 massages since signing my membership and loved them! Nice staff who greet you and answer the phones! Now with their new policy, the client and massage therapist must wear a mask during the massage. I respect their decision for this new rule. But not everyone wants to wear a mask during a massage and that's my right. I'm not trying to put anyone at risk by not wearing one, I simply asked to be released from my contract due to this unforeseen new policy, that I am not comfortable with or want to move forward with in my membership. M.E. will only let you freeze your membership which prolongs your yearly membership, after your 6 month hold. They won't take Covid and their new policy into consideration for cxl'ing. I think this is poor customer service. I wouldn't be wanting to cxl if their policies remained the same as when I signed my contract. So for this reason, I personally don't recommend Massage Envy.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I had signed a 1 year contract with Massage Envy. I was charged during COVID19 while they were closed. Refused to refund me and now they tell me I have 5 massages coming to be taken in the next 60 days. They will only allow 1 to be gifted and they will charge me $10.00 more for it. I do not feel comfortable due to COVID19 and I was advised that it was just too bad and "I don't make the rules". They assure me that they are sanitizing. WOW I am convinced. Very poor business practices especially during this hard time. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I live in Bend Oregon where Massage Envy Permanently Shut its doors without Notice in early March. There are NO other ME's in Oregon that I know of. Prior to this It was impossible to get an appt with them for various reasons. It was frustrating at best. I have been charged monthly for over 2 years and due to sudden serious ill health, early in the relationship, I have found this a hardship. I explained to them that I had been struck with Kidney cancer and was unable to use what I was accumulating in massages.. I repeatedly requested that the 24 massages (now) I'd accumulated be allowed to be gifted to my adult children. I was told yes, then later denied. Then there were stipulations applied and then later again denied. They now feel that I should pay an additional $10 fee per accumulated massages to transfer them. They have bounced so often I am confused. I can barely afford food now let alone additional fees.

When I originally joined in the NC office, I was given erroneous information. I was assured all my info and fees would be in Bend Oregon. I was then given the wrong info here at the Bend office as well on this and other matters. I am a Senior Citizen on SSI Disability and my budget is very small. I need Corporate to investigate these matters, but they have not responded to my emails. After the Bend Oregon office closed, I was not billed, and I thought it was because Massage Envy was debating my situation. Now I realize as they have started billing again this month, that the lag must have been due to the Covid virus.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I got a gift card from my husband for Mother's Day. I booked the first appointment at 10 a.m because it was all they had for what I needed within the next month. I took a screen shot of the appointment confirmation because I just always do that. I took off work for that day to go. I got there early, the appointment was for 10 am. I go to the desk. They tell me my appointment was booked for 1 pm. I show them my screen shot and they were nice about it and agreed I was right but I had to come back at 1. I realize that mistakes happen so I was not upset even though my day got kind screwed up because of it.

The SECOND appointment I booked because I still had money on my gift card. I made that one for 9 am because again, it was all they had available in the massage style I needed for the next month. I get there early and they tell me AGAIN that this time NO appointment is scheduled. I pull up the email with the confirmation and tell them this is the second time in a row my appointment has been messed up. The receptionist tells me don't worry, for my trouble they will throw in an extra 30 mins, her manager approved it, making my massage a 90 minute one from a 60 minute if I come back that afternoon. Also, the person who has an opening does not do the massage type I need but they were "good" so they should be able to accommodate me.

I go home. My husband is pissed and regretted ever spending his money there. I say they were going to throw in an extra 30 mins, so he calms down. I go there. Everything is good. I get undressed, get onto the table. The therapist comes in and tells me he is there to do a 60 minute massage (not the 90 I was promised). I was so mad I didn't even enjoy the massage. I just wanted out of there. Of course I tipped the therapist because it was not his fault, but after 100$ of my own money, money spent by my husband, and the time they made me waste because of their errors, I am never going there again. I hate nothing more than someone wasting my time and lying to me. Massage Envy, get it together!

Original review: May 4, 2020

My son bought me a gift card for Christmas; when I went I use it, the card had no funds on it. After knowing the situation, they still charged me $65 for an appointment I couldn’t keep because the company didn’t put my son’s hard earned money on the card. And because they’re franchised, I had to run around to try to get the problem resolved and it still to this day isn’t!! I will NEVER go there again!!!

Original review: April 5, 2020

We are all struggling with COVID-19 - some of us lost our jobs, lost friends and family members. Massage Envy, like many other businesses, were forced to close until further notice. YET MASSAGE ENVY CONTINUES TO CHARGE THEIR MONTHLY FEE!!?? How dare you take advantage of people when we are ALL being affected by this Pandemic!! I am cancelling my contract immediately. Shame on you!

Original review: March 29, 2020

While many of us are trying to pay our bills, mortgages, employees, groceries and everything life has thrown at us in this COVID-19 environment Massage Envy - West University continues to charge us their monthly fees even though we cannot get a massage even if we wanted one. You should be ashamed of yourself. My wife and I intend to cancel with this low life organization and join Massage Heights who we understand froze billing. Come on Massage Envy your greed is unacceptable!!

Massage Envy Company Information