3.26/5

Folsom, CA

379 Massage Envy Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2019

DON'T SIGN UP FOR THIS SERVICE!!! This company has done nothing but stress me out since I signed the contract. My initial service was a gift for a friend and myself. That went well. However, the day before the massage, we received a call saying that the therapist was ill. There was no one to help my friend, but my appointment was still open, so I gave it to my friend. Next day friend was suffering so bad with allergies he need to cancel. I lose the $10 fee for a friend, and all 15 massages I had on file, which I couldn't use, because my 40 year old daughter was diagnosed with cancer and for two years I was with her until she passed away on October 17, 2018. Now that I really need this, they cut us off. This place has no sympathy and is all about the money! I'll say it again, DON'T SIGN UP FOR THIS SERVICE!!!

Original review: May 26, 2019

I bought a 12 month wellness program $65 a month last year 2018. I believe in March they're telling me my payment didn't come out until April. I will be checking my bank statement for that discrepancy. I lost my job in May 2018, they wouldn't let me cancel the program but offered to put a 6-month hold on it. So I started paying on the program in November of 2018 and according to their records one month of April 2018 and they are claiming my last payment will be coming out in October. I believe my last payment should be September 2019. I recently didn't realize I had an appointment this April 2019 and it was a no-show no call - my very first one and got charged the full of $65 missed appointment. I will not be signing up for this wellness program ever again. I will say the therapist I have Alicia is excellent and does a great job every time I'm there.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I've been a member with Massage Envy for 2 years ($65/month) and have had no complaints...until now. I have been contemplating cancelling my membership for a few months now because I don't use the services as much as I thought I would. My husband and I decided it was time to cut down some monthly costs due to financial hardship. We just moved to a new state for the military and I (nurse) haven't found a job yet. I have 7 credits (1 hour massages, facials, etc) which is a significant amount - $65 x 7 = $455. So I called to cancel my policy today and learned a few things:

1. If you cancel your policy, you can still use the remaining credits that you have but you only have 60 DAYS to use them. Anything leftover after that period goes to WASTE. It's simply money that the company takes from you.
2. You can "freeze" your account if you want to "catch up" on unused credits, but this costs $20/month. Here's what got me - that $20 does NOT go towards credit for you to use in the future. It's simply a FEE that you pay Massage Envy. Once again, the company taking free money.

3. If you cancel your policy, there are no refunds allowed. Yet again, company taking your money.

I spoke with a franchise manager for 15 minutes and she agreed that the policies are unfair. She'll be speaking with her general manager to see if there's anything they can waive/change for me. I explained that I'm a nurse and will have income again in the near future and would love to continue using Massage Envy as my place of choice. However, if I'm not granted FAIR customer service, I will never go back there again and I'll write the company. I will edit this review to reflect the outcome of the manager's conversation next week. *Take away advice* Do NOT obtain a membership unless you're going to actually utilize the services every month.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I had been a member of Massage Envy for years, but after the recent disrespect and hate that I received from the staff at Massage Envy Plymouth, Minnesota, I decidedly cancelled my membership and will not go back. After dealing with the rude daytime/weekday staff there, to include the "manager" or "supervisor", a woman who apparently cares more about controlling staff and customers than retaining a longterm member for the business or even listening to a customer's concern, I'm not even sure if I will use the outstanding massage credit that is still on my account. I'm not sure of the staff's names because the "manager" refused to give them to me.

This latest debacle happened, I believe, tuesday, april 23rd of 2019. This is exactly why massage envy is getting such low reviews and any stockholder or corporate ought to be seriously concerned with these issues. I will be posting and reposting this experience for much time to come and at various forums until I reach the right one and get the explanation that I deserve.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I purchased the membership pkg. I schedule massages every two weeks. Every other appointment has been cancelled just hours before scheduled time. This company DO NOT HONOR their contracts. It is a problem for them to reschedule, but it is a big problem for me. I will used elements massage from now on. I won't be back. My time is important but not to Massage Envy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?

Original review: April 21, 2019

Receptionist was rude and unprofessional. She became irritated with my questions and mentioned a few times that their location was a franchise and they made their rules. When I pointed out that she was not being professional and totally disregarding me as a consumer, she hung up the phone.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I am very disappointed in Massage Envy. Not only do I now live 60 miles from a Massage Envy, but I call to cancel my membership (mind you I have about 3 overlapping appointments I can use because I wasn’t able to a couple months). Now I paid for those 3 appointments and don’t get to use them... all because I live so far and had to cancel my membership... I spend so much money in products with them. I am very disappointed. They basically took money from me.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I have been trying to redeem a complimentary add on services gift card I received. The back of the card states: “The Massage Envy complimentary card is redeemable when presented at any Massage Envy location.” However, the Shiloh IL location will not honor it. Also, since I signed up for the membership in January, I have not been able to get the same therapist at all, twice, even when trying to schedule out a couple weeks. They always say to schedule out a month. It is hard because of my job to schedule out a month, or even 2-3 weeks in advance.

The first visit in January, I was told I could use this card, but then they did the membership sales pitch and told me to keep it for any other add-ons. Which I did. Now they are telling me it is only good for the location which is on the front of the card, even though the back specifically says any location. This is very bad business. The person who gave me the complimentary card would never have bought it at a different location if I would not be able to use it at my closest location, so perhaps he was lied to also. I am currently trying to get this resolved with my location, however they are not willing to do anything except say they apologize, I cannot use it there.

Original review: April 14, 2019

My experience with Massage Envy is lengthy, but they were essentially slimy in every chance they got. Icing on the cake was when I had a massage appointment that the masseuse wasn’t even in the building for, so they stuck me with a different masseuse that gave me the most painful experience I’ve ever had on a massage table. I asked for medium pressure, and didn’t request anything specific to my neck and upper back. Yet, he only worked on my neck and upper back, and he was outrageously rough.

8 months later, and I still have constant pain in those areas, and it’s all derived from that one experience. I had no neck or upper back pain prior to walking in there. Their owner evaded taking any accountability for this. I complained to their “guest solutions” group, and they also acted slimy and avoided taking any action. I don’t understand how this place is allowed to keep operating. They inflicted permanent damage on my body, and basically shrugged about it while licking their fingers to count my cash.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I was told my gift for M.E. Didn’t expire until June 2019. So I made an appointment in April and I get a call saying you have to pay full price. And I need to call the College Park store. They told me Crofton was incorrect and their computer system changed and there’s nothing they would do. Basically they took 2 1 hour credits from me that was paid for and on the certificate there’s no expiration date. Well needless to say I won’t be back. And beware getting gift certificates!

Massage Envy Company Information