2. Miscellaneous

4.2/5 (62 ratings)

About Life Line Screening

For over 20 years, Life Line Screening has provided preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls and libraries. Its sixty mobile teams work to assess patient risk and scan for a number of conditions such as atrial fibrillation, Type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

Pros

• Available in 100+ cities
    • Variety of tests available
    • Affordable

Cons

• May not be covered by insurance

Bottom Line

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with risk factors for heart, liver, kidney, and bone and joint diseases. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

Life Line Screening Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The process was done in a timely manner. There were five screening tests and we did them all. Everything was fine at where we did it. It was only a mile from here, so it was convenient. That's one of the reasons we decided to do it. We did Life Line Screening two other times. We didn't do it for a couple years and we thought it was time to do it again. They did pick up his aortic aneurysm from the Life Line Screening first time that he did it, so I will definitely recommend it. We knew it was very good. We did a follow up with our doctors. I have bone density and it was right within the margin. His doctor looked at the results and said, "As long as you did it with Life Line Screening, we'll put the ultrasound off till next year."

Life Line Screening response

Thank you kindly for sharing your feedback and experience. Tt's a pleasure to provide our service to you!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I have two friends that went to Life Line over the years and they spoke highly of it and how it gave a nice detailed report of all the tests. Over the summer and back into the spring, I did not feel good and I kept going to the doctor. The doctor sent me to a heart doctor and they did lots of tests. They kept telling me I was fine but I still didn't feel good. I felt a little fatigued. I would take the dog for a walk every single night and I couldn't go as far as I used to go. That was getting shorter and shorter. There was something really wrong here.

I asked my friend about the Life Line Screening and he said it was going to be on August 19th at the Four Points Sheraton or Belmont Suites. I made an appointment and I went. I spent 150 and they did five tests. The girls then took me for a walk down the hall and they said I had to go to the emergency room because I had an abdominal aortic aneurysm that was pretty large. The normal one is 2 but I had 7.5. Some of the signs of an aortic aneurysm are fatigue, a little bit of shortness of breath, and pain in your lower back and up in your shoulder. I had all of those but I didn't know.

I went to the ER and they did tests then a CAT scan. They found the aneurysm and they contacted the surgeon on call for vascular. I had surgery on September 3rd. I was extremely fortunate that the surgeon on call was the director of vascular surgery. He was so nice and funny. He put me at ease. I have felt better every single day since the surgery. It's freakin’ amazing. The OR doctor told me that in four to six months, the aneurysm would have burst and in four minutes, I would have passed away. I suggest getting screened and I highly recommend Life Line. They saved my life and I am thankful for their services.

Good afternoon John,

Thank you so kindly for sharing your experience and feedback. It was and still is our pleasure to provide our service to you! I hope you are recovering well and feeling better each day!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I got the basic screening that whether I got plaque in your carotid arteries and the triple A screening. The technicians were helpful, pleasant, and upbeat. The last one I went to, she and her associate had a very good sense of humor. We cut up together. And I enjoyed that. Life Line was able to diagnose me with a heart problem I did not know I had. So the results were wonderful. The menu however was too big. We're familiar with it. But when we were there was more selling going on with respect to different tests than I would be comfortable with. But we have known it before, so we knew what we want and didn't want. The selling of the different services they have available should be done prior to any testing.

Other than that, Life Line Screening is a good thing to get. Because in my case, I found out I had what is called A-fib, and I didn't know it. They have impacted my life in such a way that I'm getting treatment for the A-fib. Many of the things that they do are things that we may not know we have. For example, an aortic aneurysm, which is a very dangerous thing. I know because I got one. But over a period of time, it can be a real problem. And that is one of the things you test for. An aortic aneurysm is something that, unless you went to Life Line Screening or you were just smart enough to go get the test, you would never know you had it.

Good morning Robert,

Thank you for sharing your experience and your feedback, it allows us to better service our Participants!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The ultrasound sucked. The lady did it like seven or eight times to make sure on what she was getting and getting recordings. Because I have abdominal aorta aneurysms, she was pushing down on my stomach hard enough that it hurt. They could have used a little more power on the machine rather than having to press down so they're actually touching my backbone with my stomach. It was like an hour for the one test and by the time we got done, I was so cold and shaking from laying there. I had to go outside in the heat and stand there in the sun to warm up. Then they had me come back in one more time because they didn't get a certain set of pictures right. But overall, it was good.

Good morning Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback. We will have someone from our team reach out to you soon!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Everybody at Life Line Screening is nice. They talked to me and joked. I always try to take care of my own health when possible. So Life Line gives me some indicators of what is going on. And I would know if I can eat a cheeseburger Friday night instead of a salad. I was very pleased with my blood work that came back. I feel confident. So I don’t have to worry about my cholesterol and things because it came back very good. It made my life a little easier than to keep making doctor's appointments every six months. It's convenient and it works. You get results.

Good morning Gary,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! We look forward to providing our service to you in the future!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Working with Life Line was fine but it was a weird place where they have it done so that felt uncomfortable. But the people who did the screening were very efficient and seemed to know exactly what they were doing. They gave me a report quickly so I was satisfied with the services I received.

Good morning Janet,

Thank you for your comment and we're glad you had a positive experience at our screening. We also appreciate you also sharing your feedback regarding the site as it allows us to better service our participants.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

My son must have seen a brochure of Life Line Screening somewhere, picked it up and brought it to me. It was reasonable and I told him to go. They were very helpful and told him to go see his cardio and he went right away. He had issues that Life Line Screening found. He's got appointments to have the surgery for the aorta and then, they found that one kidney is only 5%. So, he's going to a specialist. It’s hard to get in because of all the COVID and everything is behind. But he is on top of it, thanks to Life Line Screening. Now, my neighbors are getting it. Everybody's going out to find Life screenings, which is good. I would recommend people to do that. It’s so convenient.

Good morning Linda,

Thank you for sharing your son's experience. We were happy to serve him and look forward to providing our service to your family and friends.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I had an episode on vacation of passing out and just wanted the test done and talk with my doctor. My sister-in-law said she loved the testing Life Line Screening did. The abdominal ultrasound was almost painful, just the way they were pressing on my stomach.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for your feedback. We listen to everyone's comments and are always looking for ways to improve our service.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I found an aneurysm that no one knew about. So, I was glad I did the screening. The techs were good.

Good morning John,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We were happy to serve you!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Life Line Screening uses a cattle call approach to scheduling and overbooks appoints on purpose. They will ask you for money before providing you any services and will later (less than 24 hours before your appoint) change your appointment. I cannot claim they are a complete scam but I can warn you. Please keep in mind that if you sign up and send them money it can take from 5 to 11 days for them to give you your money back, at least that is what they told me. That said I am still waiting to get my money back.

If you plan on taking a day off work only to discover they cancelled your appointment then you're out a day's pay and left waiting to get your money back (if you gave them any money up front). Some have said that the services you receive can be done using other more reliable sources. Please keep this in mind is all I’m saying. If you do decide to make an appointment let them know you will pay once you receive the services and do not give them any money in advance.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Life Line did a great job in raising a flag and telling me what I needed to do. Also, the technicians were all awesome. The only thing I would do differently is keep the waiting area a little more separated than just a row of curtains. When you're back there behind the curtains and getting the work done on you, the people who are waiting are in earshot of what they're telling you as the results come in. There could be a little more privacy added to that. If they had more than just a curtain separating the two areas, it would be beneficial to the patient.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience Mr. Richard. Your concerns will be addressed and correctly as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I’ve had some issues over the years. I’m trying to go a little bit cheaper route than what my doctor usually charges, and I went with Life Line Screening. The screening process was good. The results are not specific enough for my particular situation, but the quality is okay.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for scheduling a preventive health screening with us.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I've had better luck with other techs. I signed up my aneurism check and Life Line didn't have that checked off. I paid for it and they had to charge me again for it. Also, when they drew blood through my finger, it was not a good test - not like a doctor does where they draw a vial of blood and they test it. After I got my results, I went to my regular doctor and she did the same thing. And she said, "No," she said, "You're lower than what your screening said and you're okay."

Hi Bradley,

Your review has been received and one of our customer service members will follow-up with you soon. Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

The screening was worthwhile in that it identified a condition that I have and was unaware of having. However, the screening was very expensive. When I signed up for the screening I was told that most insurance would cover the screening on a reimbursement basis. But, when I tried to have the charges reimbursed my insurance company stated that since Lifeline Screening does not use medical billing codes they could not cover the cost. Furthermore, if I had had the screening done through my primary care physician Medicare would have covered it at 100%.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your experience, Unfortunately we do not use medical/billing codes because we are an out of pocket expense medical company.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

The wonderful people at Life Line Screening found an irregularity in my carotid artery with ultrasound testing. Subsequent medical professionals found that my right carotid artery was, in fact, more than 95% blocked. I was asymptomatic and wholly unaware of the issue. I had a carotid endarterectomy in mid July to remove the blockage. As of mid August, I'm nearly recovered from surgery. Thank you Life Line!

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the feedback and sharing your experience, we were happy to serve you!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

My husband had a stroke right before turning 55 yrs old. He had asked our PCP to have tests done several times, in the 5 yrs since then, to make sure there were no further blockages because they never really determined the reason for his stroke (stroke was 12/31/2015). His cholesterol numbers were normal & the PCP said that he was 'doing good ' & no need for any tests. We had a bit of a windfall & had the money to do Life Line Screening at the time of receiving the notice in the mail so I decided to set up appts for each of us.

We got results that his right carotid artery has 100% occlusion/blockage!! We were stunned & had it backed-up with further test done by a Vascular Surgeon, with the exact same results. BUT now we know how vital it is for these test to be done... They can not operate on 100% blockage, but we will watch his other arteries so we can stay on top of things! We are very happy we had this test done & really believe it could have been a decision that saved his life!!!

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your story with us! Screenings provide peace of mind or early detection and we are so happy to have been helpful to you and your husband.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I am 93, my daughter took me in for a screen and they found a very large Abdominal Aneurysm. On my follow up appointment with an MD they discovered it was mostly a blood clot and therefore stable, no surgery needed.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are glad you shared the findings with your MD.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Your screenings did not inform me of anything I did not already know. Also failed to let me know that my mitral valve was failing and needed to be replaced as soon as possible. The screenings also did not show or explain what the arteries looked like as far as blockage.

Hi Mr. Duncan,

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I was pleased with the timeliness and coordination of all the people involved in providing this screening. My only wish is that Medicare Advantage PPO would have covered the out of pocket costs to me for the tests I had done. Had that been the case I would have done the extra screenings that were offered at an additional cost.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for your comment and we're glad you had a positive experience at our screening. Comments are always reviewed internally so thank you for sharing your wish!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

Just a routing screening we thought....He came out with findings that his carotid artery was super blocked!! Dr. confirmed he's 78% blocked and could stroke at any time. We are scheduling his surgery asap...SO HAPPY I made him go this screening!! He's only 60. Everyone should do this.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your husband's experience, we were happy to serve you!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Life Line did a complete job. I was quite satisfied with the results I got.

Ronald,

We’re pleased to read your feedback about Life Line Screening!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. Our goal is to provide the best screening and experience for each customer!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

It was a good experience and the technicians were very professional. They discovered something that led me to go see my doctor and get on some maintenance medication to take care of it. I'm glad I went.

Julie,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to serve you!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I got screwed on Life Line Screening. I went in to have my screenings done. They refused to do two of them because I had a stroke. They said I'd be reimbursed, and I never was. The techs were very professional until this past year. Also, my doctor wasn't as impressed as I was with the quality of the results I get. She says that they don't give a good percentage on the reading of my arteries being clogged.

Hi Toni,

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

The techs were all very nice. When I got into each section, they were nice to me and treated me well. I had a heart reading and screening for cancer, bone, stroke and my joints. They also did a blood test and checked my kidney function. My carotid artery had indicated that it was not in good shape. So I went to the doctor and I got a test done. And my carotid artery was okay. He said it was a little bit blocked, but it took me 68 years to get there and it was not something to panic about. So Life Line wasn't lying about that but it didn't mean I better get into the hospital to get it fixed. I recommend Life Line to anybody. But if any results they get from their tests is to bring that result to your doctor, get that retested.

Deborah,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to serve you!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Life Line screening has a much more reasonable price than going to the hospital and having preventative screening done. I've always had wonderful techs. They did the ultrasound on my neck and they also did a heart thing. They also screened for kidney disease, carotid artery disease and checked my body mass index. I took my results to my doctor when I went. He's happy I had them done.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I felt good about the techs who helped. They were very informative and efficient. You should go into Life Line screening. Any information is good.

Patricia,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to serve you!

Original review: June 11, 2021

I paid for a series of medical screenings. I get there - they added more tests. I paid twice for the same test and they will not refund me back my money. They also added on a test that I didn’t agree too. I did get that refund. Not please how they scam. Don’t recommend. Your prime doctor will do the same test.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Updated on 06/07/2021: Two months of anguish trying to get this company to return the money they stole from me, they only returned half. Please talk to your doctor before considering using this company. You don't deserve the anguish they have put us through. Remember your Doctor knows best what screening you need. Please check out the Cleveland B.B.B. Many complaints like mine. They are doing their best for us.

Original review: I always felt this company was suspect when two doctors would not even look at the results of this company. That said, the following is proof of a scam company. After I paid my commitment for nothing, they stole over $200.00 from me.. My stupid fault. This company continued to charge my card for one year at 19.95 per month. I had no idea they were doing this and they just kept stealing until my caretaker found it. After numerous e-mails and phone calls wanting to know why they were stealing from my card, they would not contact me and the phone calls were left on lengthy waiting with no results and no concern, just like any other day to them.

I contacted the BBB in the city of Cleveland Ohio where this finally got at least a response. The BBB are still working on this matter for me along with many others. The BBB has over 310 complaints in the last three years. This is terrible. Please check the BBB and other complaint mediums. My credit card company did a chargeback for four months the farthest they could go back. I am going to have to go into the fraud department to get the rest. Bottom line don't put yourself into the position I'm in right now. Lots of work trying to have them return stolen money. Just let your doctor order the procedures you require. I'm not going to tell you to stay away from this company but I can recommend you check their references and consult with your doctor. if you check their references you will have information to make an important medical decision.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Staff is very unfriendly and do not explain the procedures. When they call your name, they are looking at their computer the entire time. They never make eye contact and bark out orders. 2) They use the same plastic covered pillow for all patients. To protect the spread of lice, they apply one paper towel that does not cover the pillow. The plastic pillows are wrinkled and distasteful. 3) Lobby music is appropriate for the younger generation and not appropriate for the clientele. 4) Life Line Screening lack ALL customer service recommendations. 5) Because Life Line Screening is so inattentive to basic customer service rules, it does bring into question their work ethic. We will take the Life Line Screening results with a grain of salt. 6) Unable to talk to anyone at Life Line Screening customer service line. Waited 10 minutes before hanging up. Save your money - Don't go to Life Line Screening!

Original review: April 16, 2021

My Mother has been doing this for a few years now, and swore by it. She was able to talk my Aunt into having it done, and they found an Aortic aneurysm, Her Doctor watched it for a few months, and then performed a successful surgery!! This screening literally saved her life! I only wish it had been around years ago, as this same thing is what my Dear GrandMother died from at the young age of 64. I have had the screening done now myself and Highly recommend it!!

Life Line Screening Company Information