2. Miscellaneous

Call Now Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.51/5

For over 20 years, Life Line Screening has provided preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls and libraries. Its sixty mobile teams work to assess patient risk and scan for a number of conditions such as atrial fibrillation, Type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

Life Line Screening Video
Life Line Screening Gallery (3)
BOTTOM LINE

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with risk factors for heart, liver, kidney, and bone and joint diseases. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

PROS
  • Available in 100+ cities
  • Variety of tests available
  • Affordable
CONS
  • May not be covered by insurance

Top Life Line Screening Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

The price of Life Line Screening was reasonable. Their people were nice and professional. They won’t make you feel nervous about anything. They checked the chest, heart and blood pressure, then the legs and the neck. You whiz in and out of there in an hour.

Every year, I look forward to the Life Line screening. The tech is very good. He goes through all the necessary tests and gave a result. I [know] what I need to do to make any adjustments in my life. It's excellent. I recommend a lot of my friends to go and do the test, and they do.

Life Line Screening Call Now Toll Free (800) 718-0961 Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

What is Life Line Screening?

Life Line Screening provides preventive health screenings for a variety of medical conditions and concerns with services geared toward adults over 50. Screenings are available for heart, liver, kidney, bone and joint health, as well as cancer, stroke, and diabetes risk, among others.

Life Line Screening tests

Screenings are available for heart disease and stroke, liver function, kidney and diabetes, cancer, bone and joint issues, and general wellness. You can find a full list of the screening panels they offer below. Life Line Screening’s tests are non-invasive and performed via ultrasound, blood work or EKG.

Heart Disease and Stroke
  • Wellness Panel Plus - Women
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Testosterone Deficiency

Life Line Screening preparation

Patients receive preparation instructions for the specific screening(s) they select. The most common requirement is to not eat for a certain number of hours prior to the exam. Screenings are non-invasive and don’t require you to remove any clothing, but Life Line Screening does recommend you wear loose clothing to your appointment and avoid any oils or lotion on your skin.

Life Line Screening results

You may receive some of your test results at the screening. The remaining results, which a board-certified physician reviews, arrive in your mail within 21 days. Most results are designed to help you understand your risk factors for specific diseases and conditions, like cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer and osteoporosis.

Understanding your risk factors for these common yet devastating diseases can be instrumental in their prevention and the maintenance of your overall health.

Is Life Line Screening worth it?

Life Line Screenings provides affordable health screenings to the public. Life Line Screening reviews mention the ease and affordability of the service, as well as the friendliness of the staff.

Health screenings can show you your risk factors for common disease and potentially help with early detection, but not all tests are created equal. The US Preventative Screenings Task Force lays out which screenings it thinks are worthwhile and which aren’t. However, for peace of mind, a simple screening can make it worth the time and investment. If you’re working in tandem with your doctor, preventative health screenings can be a good tool.

Life Line Screening FAQ

How much does Life Line Screening cost?
While the price of each screening differs, the popular "6 for Life" Health Screening costs $79 and assesses your risk factors for developing heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer.
How do I find a Life Line Screening near me?
Life Line Screening travels to over 100 cities in the U.S. throughout the year. You can use the Find a Screening tool on its website to enter your ZIP code and find the one nearest you.
Is Life Line Screening legitimate?
Yes. Life Line Screening is a legitimate company providing community-based health screenings. Life Line Screenings shows your risk factors for certain conditions, but it can’t replace your doctor.

To get the most out of a health screening, get your tests analyzed by your primary care physician. You should always continue to consult your doctor about how to prevent disease.

Is Life Line Screening covered by insurance?
Many preventative health screenings are not covered by insurance. You’ll want to check with your provider to be sure.

Life Line Screening Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Original review: March 19, 2021

I saw a screening with Life Line that I didn’t get from my regular doctor. Artery clogging in the neck was something that we weren't following through with the doctors and we weren’t running any kind of tests that would check it so it would be worth it to see if there was any going on. The only thing is that the few locations that I've gone to are all temporary ones.

There are enough space to put chairs and the beds or whatever to lie down on to do the testing on. But I'm not used to that from when I go to see my regular doctor. It wasn't comfort so much as the whole idea of fly-by-night. They move into this and then take your money and go away. There's no permanence in the location or the people that I could go back to, for example, and say that I was here two weeks ago and this is what the result was and to explain it. It was too mobile. But it wasn't uncomfortable. The only thing is that it might have been a little bit cooler than I would have preferred, but that's not a big deal.

For Life Line to do this, one thing that would make it more permanent-seeming would be like what I've seen done with blood pressure. They'll have a mobile blood pressure trailer set up. You go in. lie down on one of the beds that’s there, they do their thing and then, you go out the other end. It's still mobile but it's more permanent-seeming because money was spent to buy the vehicle and to outfit the vehicle with the equipment than to just move in, unload the stuff in the empty room, set it up, and then pack it all up and drive away the next day.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I received a brochure and had an appointment about 30 days later with my cardiologist. I called the cardiologist and said, “this is what this program does and price looks good. Would this be valuable information for our upcoming session?” he said, "It can't hurt as the more information we have, the better. Sure, proceed." that's what prompted me to go ahead with Life Line Screening. It turned out, it had to be delayed and delayed because of COVID, but we got it pulled together. I had five tests done, and it took less than a half hour. It was a very quick, simple and professional experience. It was very positive for me.

On a level of 1 to 5, the quality of the results is 3 to 4 because it prompted additional tests from specialists. One of the tests led to a follow-up with a doctor that studies veins. While I'm okay, my carotid artery is partially blocked and needs to be watched. I'm following up with the carotid artery issue and having the testing done again at a hospital with the specialist in a few more months. Had I not started with Life Line Screening, I don't know if I've ever tested for that. I'm glad I did it, and I would recommend it to others.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

We're not going back to Life Line Screening because it costs money and we're on Medicare Advantage. Our policies cover all that through our physician. I don't believe Life Line is worth the cost. The doctors really don't accept it. They'll order the same test again even though I give them the Life Line Screening stuff. When my wife and I go, it's $600. With Medicare Advantage, we hardly ever pay $10 for a doctor's visit, and I can't remember spending hardly anything, even when we go to emergency room. It's all kind of covered. I used to have five jobs after I retired from my main job. I'm over 89 and I only have one job. So, I can't afford it. $500 is a lot of money.

We went with Life Line due to the convenience and they used to be a little cheaper, too. I might have started way back when I was fairly healthy, and the doctor wasn't ordering any of those tests, especially the one about the carotid artery, the sonogram on your carotid, and then your aorta, your stomach. The doctor usually would take your blood pressure down at your ankles. With Life Line, it seemed like at one shot, you could get it all done, and it did cost a little money. It was a few hundred dollars. So, my wife and I did that for several years. Then we would take the results to our physicians, and if they thought there was a problem, they would order the test again. But now that I'm over 80 and things are showing up, our physicians say, “Oops, Life Line Screening says this and this. We better order you another test.”

The technicians and Life Line personnel were always nice. In fact, they were kind of friendly. This last time, the clerk that took us in and took all our information, we kind of became friends because they didn't have a whole lot of people coming through. For people who don't have insurance, I’d recommend them going through Life Line. I'm not dissatisfied with them, but their prices have increased over the last 10 years.

Life Line Screening response

Hi, James! Thank you for sharing your experience with Life Line Screening over the years. We're so glad you had a positive experience and the team felt like friends by the end of the appointment. We're happy to hear you're now working with a doctor to maintain your cardiovascular health.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Life Line Screening's technicians are super. They're polite, kind, they do their business and if there's a big long line, they're gonna be precise and not hem-haw around. If they have extra lenient time, like some of the time if there's spaces, they seem to be a little more at ease and may ask, "How you doing?" They're really good. They do their job and they get after it.

They ask you if you want any of the extra testing. They were super during the COVID this last time because they were making sure we were not too close together. There were several of us, so they did good. I took my results to my family doctor so that they could make note of anything and they were pleased with the results so was I. It's very affordable as well. I was very satisfied. I have recommended Life Line Screening to a couple of people, and they also attended.

Life Line Screening response

First of all Sharon, thank you for your review and recommending Life Line Screening to your loved ones! We are glad to hear it was an efficient process and you felt safe and cared for. You did the right thing by sharing your results with your doctor so that s/he can guide you with next steps. We hope that you'll think of us next year and schedule a screening.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I was very satisfied with Life Line Screening. They've been after me for the last six years since the last time I had it, and I went, "You know what, I'm gonna be 75 this year. Let's do it." I wanna know that everything's clean, and they're the ones who can tell me that. The staff was great. They kept everything private. They kept everything clean. They kept using the sanitizer and they kept asking me questions that were important. They were personal in the sense that I didn't feel like I just went in, they put it to me, they took it off and they sent me over to the next table. They escorted me and asked me if I was okay. They were very concerned and that feels good. As far as the results, I came through clean. With my knowledge of how the ultrasound and everything works, it was great. They covered everything.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the review, Mary! We appreciate it when customers like you take the time to share their feedback. We're thrilled to hear about your great experience with Life Line Screening and that the screenings helped put you at ease. These preventative screenings are an important part of overall cardiovascular health and we're glad we could help! Happy (early) 75th Birthday!

Original review: April 16, 2021

My Mother has been doing this for a few years now, and swore by it. She was able to talk my Aunt into having it done, and they found an Aortic aneurysm, Her Doctor watched it for a few months, and then performed a successful surgery!! This screening literally saved her life! I only wish it had been around years ago, as this same thing is what my Dear GrandMother died from at the young age of 64. I have had the screening done now myself and Highly recommend it!!

Original review: March 30, 2021

I never really got the answers to the results of my test. That could be better. Other than that, everything was good. It all worked out with Life Line.

Original review: March 25, 2021

We love Life Line Screening. We’ve been doing it for maybe 20 years and we’ve told all our friends and family, so we all go. Our children have it done and then, they tell everybody. The techs are always wonderful, very polite and thorough. The results are excellent. They found my husband’s carotid problem. Then, we went to NYU in New York and we saw the top man there. Once he did the same tests that Lifeline did, they came out identical.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Life Line Screening detected a total blockage of one of my husband's carotid arteries. We made an appointment right away with the vascular surgeon, who then told us that it wasn't life-threatening at this point and sent us on our way, which was good. But it gave us a baseline. My husband is now in touch with a vascular surgeon on a regular basis because of that. I'm very glad that we had the Life Line.

The staff was very helpful. But it was messed up because with the pandemic and the situation last fall, and they were getting super booked up. And then, they had staff shortages. I said, “You have to get me this appointment. ‘Cause we're going to Florida.” The lady I talked to went out of her way to make sure she got us that that day that we wanted. Because they called us and they were going to cancel because one of their people hadn’t shown up. Other than that, I would recommend Life Line to other people because it does check certain things. We see our doctor every six months all the time, and she's on top of everything normally. But the Life Line was a little extra thing that she would have missed it. So, it worked out.

Original review: March 22, 2021

My husband had a stroke. I wanted to make sure I was healthy. I got checked out and Life Line did a very thorough job. They checked all the major arteries and the process was painless. We went from station to station and there was no waiting. Every place we went to had a different technician and they were very polite. They explained what they were going to do and did it. The results were right on. All my veins are clear.

Life Line Screening Company Information