4.2/5 (78 ratings)

About Life Line Screening

For over 20 years, Life Line Screening has provided preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls and libraries. Its sixty mobile teams work to assess patient risk and scan for a number of conditions such as atrial fibrillation, Type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

Pros

• Available in 100+ cities
  • Variety of tests available
  • Affordable

Cons

• May not be covered by insurance

Bottom Line

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with risk factors for heart, liver, kidney, and bone and joint diseases. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

Top Life Line Screening Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The price of Life Line Screening was reasonable. Their people were nice and professional. They won’t make you feel nervous about anything. They checked the chest, heart and blood ...

Verified

Every year, I look forward to the Life Line screening. The tech is very good. He goes through all the necessary tests and gave a result. I [know] what I need to do to make any adj...

What is Life Line Screening?

Life Line Screening provides preventive health screenings for a variety of medical conditions and concerns with services geared toward adults over 50. Screenings are available for heart, liver, kidney, bone and joint health, as well as cancer, stroke, and diabetes risk, among others.

Life Line Screening tests

Screenings are available for heart disease and stroke, liver function, kidney and diabetes, cancer, bone and joint issues, and general wellness. You can find a full list of the screening panels they offer below. Life Line Screening’s tests are non-invasive and performed via ultrasound, blood work or EKG.

Heart Disease and Stroke
  • Wellness Panel Plus - Women
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Testosterone Deficiency

Life Line Screening preparation

Patients receive preparation instructions for the specific screening(s) they select. The most common requirement is to not eat for a certain number of hours prior to the exam. Screenings are non-invasive and don’t require you to remove any clothing, but Life Line Screening does recommend you wear loose clothing to your appointment and avoid any oils or lotion on your skin.

Life Line Screening results

You may receive some of your test results at the screening. The remaining results, which a board-certified physician reviews, arrive in your mail within 21 days. Most results are designed to help you understand your risk factors for specific diseases and conditions, like cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer and osteoporosis.

Understanding your risk factors for these common yet devastating diseases can be instrumental in their prevention and the maintenance of your overall health.

Life Line Screening FAQ

How much does Life Line Screening cost?

While the price of each screening differs, the popular "6 for Life" Health Screening costs $79 and assesses your risk factors for developing heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer.

How do I find a Life Line Screening near me?

Life Line Screening travels to over 100 cities in the U.S. throughout the year. You can use the Find a Screening tool on its website to enter your ZIP code and find the one nearest you.

Is Life Line Screening legitimate?

Yes. Life Line Screening is a legitimate company providing community-based health screenings. Life Line Screenings shows your risk factors for certain conditions, but it can’t replace your doctor.

To get the most out of a health screening, get your tests analyzed by your primary care physician. You should always continue to consult your doctor about how to prevent disease.

Is Life Line Screening covered by insurance?

Many preventative health screenings are not covered by insurance. You’ll want to check with your provider to be sure.

Is Life Line Screening worth it?

Life Line Screenings provides affordable health screenings to the public. Life Line Screening reviews mention the ease and affordability of the service, as well as the friendliness of the staff.

Health screenings can show you your risk factors for common disease and potentially help with early detection, but not all tests are created equal. The US Preventative Screenings Task Force lays out which screenings it thinks are worthwhile and which aren’t. However, for peace of mind, a simple screening can make it worth the time and investment. If you’re working in tandem with your doctor, preventative health screenings can be a good tool.

Life Line Screening Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Original review: May 11, 2022

We've been coming and going to Life Line Screening for at least 20 years. It was the first time it came here to Alamogordo. Since then, different things have been revealed through the scans and screenings and I’m sold. And I tell everybody for the price you get as accurate as can be made. But they were almost right on for my issue. I'm very pleased.

The techs are very knowledgeable and extremely efficient. It was very slow this time. But they had a last minute change from one location to another. And people were showing up late and they were trying to work them in. But that is beyond anybody's control. Things were set up properly. We all had to wear our masks. They were very professional about that.

Get the test. It's very much worth it. One thing that I probably will do the next time is when they collect the blood to look for something about inflammation within the heart area. I'd probably recommend that, too. I would drop off some of them. From the packet, whenever they send it out, there's usually five for 100 something dollars. I don't know if you can drop one off and add another and it changes the price or not. For instance, AAA, once I have this repaired, I won't need that screening again. So that sort of thing, if it would be adjusted because there are definitely things I would have all the time. The osteoporosis, I get tests with the doctor all the time, but it doesn't hurt to have two opinions. And the carotid artery thing, that I would have each time. Other than that, I responded to Life Line's recommendations and I'm having a procedure that I needed done.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for being such a long time participant of our screenings! We are so glad that you understand the importance of early detection or peace of mind about your health. We apologize for the delay on your last visit and appreciate your patience.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I went to Life Line Screening though I had no symptoms. They finished the screening and told me to go to a doctor or emergency room immediately. I went to my doctor and ended up with a successful surgery that, had I not had, would likely have resulted in a stroke. I do have one huge suggestion for LifeLine. The technician who did my screening told me to see my doctor within 24 hours or go to an emergency room. When you have someone like me who clearly was in a critical situation, they should have had an on line real doctor talk to me rather than having some tech who wouldn’t say anything else to me. Nonetheless, without doubt saved my life.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Janet. We are so happy to hear that you followed up with your doctor after our screening and had a successful surgery. We appreciate the feedback you shared very much and will discuss it internally.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Life Line Screening sends me too many notices. Their right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing, because I would just have tested and they would send me a notice to test. The last time I went, one of the ladies evidently had a problem getting one of the carotid arteries, reading it from the machine. She tried and tried and ran around with it, sensor all over my neck. Finally, she called another lady over and she did the same thing but she didn't take near as long and the test was over. So, I knew this other lady was probably still in training. And everybody has to learn. That was why I went and had it done again at the hospital. To see if I got the same result.

And I realize that people have to be trained, but if you're in training, the people that are training you should be there with you. But they were somewhere else. She couldn't get it so she had to call somebody over that was somewhere else. That's the only thing I felt was a little odd. Other than that, it's a very good service. I'm a dentist and I recommend Life Line to some of my patients, especially if they’re showing that they may have a problem, like shortness of breath, because I check everything. I've been a dentist for 50 years and I try to be observant and see if I can help other things besides teeth.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your feedback Ron. Many people appreciate our letters as reminders to book their appointment. We are always striving to provide an excellent experience and will discuss your feedback internally. Thank you for having a screening with us.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I have two friends that went to Life Line over the years and they spoke highly of it and how it gave a nice detailed report of all the tests. Over the summer and back into the spring, I did not feel good and I kept going to the doctor. The doctor sent me to a heart doctor and they did lots of tests. They kept telling me I was fine but I still didn't feel good. I felt a little fatigued. I would take the dog for a walk every single night and I couldn't go as far as I used to go. That was getting shorter and shorter. There was something really wrong here.

I asked my friend about the Life Line Screening and he said it was going to be on August 19th at the Four Points Sheraton or Belmont Suites. I made an appointment and I went. I spent 150 and they did five tests. The girls then took me for a walk down the hall and they said I had to go to the emergency room because I had an abdominal aortic aneurysm that was pretty large. The normal one is 2 but I had 7.5. Some of the signs of an aortic aneurysm are fatigue, a little bit of shortness of breath, and pain in your lower back and up in your shoulder. I had all of those but I didn't know.

I went to the ER and they did tests then a CAT scan. They found the aneurysm and they contacted the surgeon on call for vascular. I had surgery on September 3rd. I was extremely fortunate that the surgeon on call was the director of vascular surgery. He was so nice and funny. He put me at ease. I have felt better every single day since the surgery. It's freakin’ amazing. The OR doctor told me that in four to six months, the aneurysm would have burst and in four minutes, I would have passed away. I suggest getting screened and I highly recommend Life Line. They saved my life and I am thankful for their services.

Good afternoon John,

Thank you so kindly for sharing your experience and feedback. It was and still is our pleasure to provide our service to you! I hope you are recovering well and feeling better each day!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I got the basic screening that whether I got plaque in your carotid arteries and the triple A screening. The technicians were helpful, pleasant, and upbeat. The last one I went to, she and her associate had a very good sense of humor. We cut up together. And I enjoyed that. Life Line was able to diagnose me with a heart problem I did not know I had. So the results were wonderful. The menu however was too big. We're familiar with it. But when we were there was more selling going on with respect to different tests than I would be comfortable with. But we have known it before, so we knew what we want and didn't want. The selling of the different services they have available should be done prior to any testing.

Other than that, Life Line Screening is a good thing to get. Because in my case, I found out I had what is called A-fib, and I didn't know it. They have impacted my life in such a way that I'm getting treatment for the A-fib. Many of the things that they do are things that we may not know we have. For example, an aortic aneurysm, which is a very dangerous thing. I know because I got one. But over a period of time, it can be a real problem. And that is one of the things you test for. An aortic aneurysm is something that, unless you went to Life Line Screening or you were just smart enough to go get the test, you would never know you had it.

Good morning Robert,

Thank you for sharing your experience and your feedback, it allows us to better service our Participants!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Life Line Screening gives me peace of mind. It answered some questions, like bone density, that I had in the back of my mind. I saw that there was a partial clogging up of my right aorta. I showed that result to the cardiologist that’s treating me after I'd had a stent put in my heart. He said, “That's interesting. We are going to follow up on that.” I am pleased with the results of the testing.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the 5 Star review Thomas! We're so glad you shared your results with your cardiologist and have a follow up plan. As you know, screenings provide peace of mind or early detection and both are a good thing.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

They seemed very professional and went very quickly. They did find a minor situation that I referred to my regular doctor, so that was a good thing and we're following up on it. It's better to catch stuff early, so it doesn't become a serious issue. It was a positive experience.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the positive review John! As you mentioned, screenings provide peace of mind or early detection and both are a good thing. We're thankful that you chose Life Line Screening as part of your preventive health routine and even happier to know that you shared your results with your medical team for further evaluation.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Life Line Screening is worth the time and the money. I did well on the results, except the one about the good cholesterol. I needed to increase that one. That was a surprise to me but I'm working on that. I also contacted my doctor about it.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the 5 Star review Keith! We're so glad you see the value in our screening services and make us part of your preventive health routine.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

My experience has been excellent with the people assigned me and also with the people doing the test on me. This last time, it took a half hour. The last two years, I've turned the results over to the APRN that I was seeing. Last year, it showed that I had buildup in my left artery. She insisted on me going to the hospital and having an ultrasound done. She wanted to see it for herself. It ended up costing me about $700 out of the pocket after insurance. She told me the results showed that I had no plaque buildup at all in that particular artery. This time, I went back in. Life Line Screening showed me the same thing. It said my aorta was ballooning a little bit. I talked to my doctor and she said she wanted to keep an eye on it. They said it was a good idea that I get those tests done with Life Line Screening. The price was right too.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the 5 Star review Richard! We're really thankful that you chose to use our screening services as part of your preventive health routine.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

The staff was very professional. Everything was covered well and in a timely fashion. I was happy. The only thing that I was disappointed with was that my doctor didn't pay much attention to it. Life Line Screening's tests came out showing better results but my cardiologist didn't act like there was anything to do with that.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the 5 Star review Wanda! We're so happy you scheduled a screening appointment with us for peace of mind or early detection.

Life Line Screening Company Information