Learn More
  2. Miscellaneous
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.40/5

For over 20 years, Life Line Screening has provided preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls and libraries. Its sixty mobile teams work to assess patient risk and scan for a number of conditions such as atrial fibrillation, Type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

Life Line Screening Video
Life Line Screening Gallery (3)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with risk factors for heart, liver, kidney, and bone and joint diseases. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

PROS

• Available in 100+ cities
  • Variety of tests available
  • Affordable

CONS

• May not be covered by insurance

Top Life Line Screening Reviews

The price of Life Line Screening was reasonable. Their people were nice and professional. They won’t make you feel nervous about anything. They checked the chest, heart and blood pressure, then the legs and the neck. You whiz in and out of there in an hour.

Every year, I look forward to the Life Line screening. The tech is very good. He goes through all the necessary tests and gave a result. I [know] what I need to do to make any adjustments in my life. It's excellent. I recommend a lot of my friends to go and do the test, and they do.

Life Line Screening Call Now Toll Free (800) 718-0961 Learn More

What is Life Line Screening?

Life Line Screening provides preventive health screenings for a variety of medical conditions and concerns with services geared toward adults over 50. Screenings are available for heart, liver, kidney, bone and joint health, as well as cancer, stroke, and diabetes risk, among others.

Life Line Screening tests

Screenings are available for heart disease and stroke, liver function, kidney and diabetes, cancer, bone and joint issues, and general wellness. You can find a full list of the screening panels they offer below. Life Line Screening’s tests are non-invasive and performed via ultrasound, blood work or EKG.

Heart Disease and Stroke
  • Wellness Panel Plus - Women
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Testosterone Deficiency

Life Line Screening preparation

Patients receive preparation instructions for the specific screening(s) they select. The most common requirement is to not eat for a certain number of hours prior to the exam. Screenings are non-invasive and don’t require you to remove any clothing, but Life Line Screening does recommend you wear loose clothing to your appointment and avoid any oils or lotion on your skin.

Life Line Screening results

You may receive some of your test results at the screening. The remaining results, which a board-certified physician reviews, arrive in your mail within 21 days. Most results are designed to help you understand your risk factors for specific diseases and conditions, like cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer and osteoporosis.

Understanding your risk factors for these common yet devastating diseases can be instrumental in their prevention and the maintenance of your overall health.

Is Life Line Screening worth it?

Life Line Screenings provides affordable health screenings to the public. Life Line Screening reviews mention the ease and affordability of the service, as well as the friendliness of the staff.

Health screenings can show you your risk factors for common disease and potentially help with early detection, but not all tests are created equal. The US Preventative Screenings Task Force lays out which screenings it thinks are worthwhile and which aren’t. However, for peace of mind, a simple screening can make it worth the time and investment. If you’re working in tandem with your doctor, preventative health screenings can be a good tool.

Life Line Screening FAQ

How much does Life Line Screening cost?
While the price of each screening differs, the popular "6 for Life" Health Screening costs $79 and assesses your risk factors for developing heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer.
How do I find a Life Line Screening near me?
Life Line Screening travels to over 100 cities in the U.S. throughout the year. You can use the Find a Screening tool on its website to enter your ZIP code and find the one nearest you.
Is Life Line Screening legitimate?
Yes. Life Line Screening is a legitimate company providing community-based health screenings. Life Line Screenings shows your risk factors for certain conditions, but it can’t replace your doctor.

To get the most out of a health screening, get your tests analyzed by your primary care physician. You should always continue to consult your doctor about how to prevent disease.

Is Life Line Screening covered by insurance?
Many preventative health screenings are not covered by insurance. You’ll want to check with your provider to be sure.

Life Line Screening Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

With Life Line Screening, I had a positive, comfortable experience that provided facts and reassuring results. Life Line's content marketing approach drew me. I have seen a couple of times the flyer that was coming around with the information printed on it. Also age was a factor, but more specifically just looking at a milestone in my own personal age, whenever you reach a new decade to kind of reassess things. Life Line was very close to where I'm living. And the cost to do it for that convenience of being close, when I balanced it out, I was willing to pay that just for that convenience to get everything done without having to really go to my primary care provider who is actually further away than they were. So, then it was a time saving factor for me too that I didn't have to drive and go through a clinic.

Even though you could expect an hour to an hour and a half that you're there, there was something that suggested it could happen pretty quick because it's multiple stations on one place. So, the driving time for me to go to my primary care doctor and then the time that it would take to get all those tests lined up and go to different sections of the clinic that would probably take several hours versus getting it done in one time.

I had more than one tech because each station had different techs at it and everybody was good. When I first walked in, I was greeted very positively. I didn't have a wait time. And then I was directed where to sit. The technicians all explained what was going on. Also, they all kept saying, "Are you comfortable? Is this a comfortable position? Do you need a pillow?" They checked in on how I was physically feeling as I was preparing. One even asked, "Are you nervous?" "Are you getting tests?" And they would be like, "There's no pain." They did all those types of things to just be reassuring. It was very efficient and I felt informed.

I got the peripheral arterial disease screening. I also got the one for a condition which could lead to sudden death if you have some kind of rupture in the stomach, and they did an ultrasound in the stomach area to identify that. They also did an EKG. And for the PAD test, it was like doing different pressures on my body to make sure there was some kind of balance. They looked for an imbalance between blood pressure across different parts of the body. I got what I went there for. The results were complete and they were all positive. And because of them being positive, it would reduce any anxieties again as I'm getting older about those possible things being there. I'd recommend Life Line. I have suggested it to other people.

Life Line Screening response

Antanas, We love hearing great feedback like yours. Our goal at Life Line Screening, is to make sure that we make quality preventive cardiovascular health care .....affordable & convenient. Thank you so much for your business, we greatly appreciate it !

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Life Line called me one day and told me that preventive screening was something that would be good to do, and I did it. I went last year for the first time and then I went again this year. I personally like the way I was treated. I really felt cared-for. They were very, very kind to me. During the process, I was totally 100% comfortable. They did about five different tests on my legs, on my arms, on my stomach, and on my neck. They were caring, and very, very professional. Another thing that I appreciated was the fact that they have everybody on a time schedule. When I go in there, I know exactly how long it will gonna be.

It’s good to be able to have a personalized care like that. The types of tests that they’re giving are tests that are life saving or it could inform you if there’s a life threatening situation. And you need that type of affordability in your life as you get older to be able to monitor your own health. The care that they give you is done in a nice amount of time, and you also get your results back in about two weeks. It’s worth it.

I’m very impressed with Life Line Screening. They let me know that I’m on a high risk of having a stroke. I got a little scared when I heard that. But, it’s good to know. I don’t take it lightly, but I’m glad that I knew about it. It has made me more aware of the fact that I need to take care of myself better. I would recommend Life Line.

Life Line Screening response

Thanks for the positive feedback Arlene. We do our best at Life Line Screening to provide you with quality preventative cardiovascular screening services conducted by professional staff with the goal to ensure that every customer has a great experience. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I've used Life Line for several years now so this is probably the sixth time I've had a test done and I like the convenience and the pricing for what I get ‘cause if going to the doctor and try to get all that, a lot of times the person has to have a medical reason instead of just being preventative, which Life Line got, and it's a lot higher too. I did a general screening and I also did the new one for the colon cancer, although I've never gotten my results back and I need to follow up with that. For the type of test I had done, I had to fast so that’s the worst part. I can't have coffee. But the process has been very easy. They're typically very quick. I also like the type of people they go and I always end up having great conversations with the people that are there.

I've always been very pleased with the value as far as what I'm getting. They’ve gotta send after the test and I understand that because of the reading. A lot of times they'd let you know that everything was fine but they'd send it off so at least, in that way, you're not to worry. I also like that if they see anything, immediately they will either refer you and you're not having to wait. As I've read in some of the testimonials, even people they’ve done immediately, like in the emergency room and the ones that are always doing the test, they always have some great personalities. There was also a $25 gift card because I also participated in a study on some kind of weight loss. They were kind too.

Life Line Screening response

Hi Alyssa, We really value your feedback about your experience with Life Line Screening services. We are so grateful for returning customers like yourself who are pleased with our service and see the value. Make sure and share this experience with fiends and family so we can help them also. Have a great day!

Original review: July 15, 2019

I retired and I hadn't gotten Medicare, and I normally did a check-up every year. So, I just pay the money to have the check-up done through Life Line Screening. My experience with them has been excellent. They were doing different types of screening for just one price. If I had gone somewhere else, I would've had to get a referral for that, to have a referral for this, to have a referral for this thing, and I just wasn't for that. I wanted to get everything done at one time, and it worked out perfectly.

The Life Line Screening techs were the best. They were nice, friendly, and they explained everything they were going to do and what it was for. They were very thorough. It is a very nice team. They were very knowledgeable, addressed all of my questions, and they also gave me advice on certain things that I should look at because I've been having a problem with my high blood pressure since I was 14. My blood pressure always stay high even though I'm on medication and general medication since 15 years old. No matter what they had given me, it never worked to get my blood pressure down to where it's supposed to be.

So, I spoke to one of the nurses and she told me to see a nephrologist to see if my kidneys were working properly and my liver was working properly. I wanted to go back and do my screening through Life Line Screening for other things because they only just touched on a few things. But I wanted to use their service to get any other screening that they offer besides the one that I had done. And I told several of my friends about it also. I let them know that it was fast, it was very informative, the people were very nice, and I loved it. It was great.

The quality of the results that I got from the screening wasn't that bad. A couple other things that were on there, I knew already that it was a possibility, but I just wanted to make sure that I was having to be going to one doctor. And I also liked that with Life Line Screening, I was in one facility and there were five things done. To me, that's important. I did the heart disease, stroke, cancer, bone and joint screening, which was awesome. And also, I asked them if there were any other tests that they did besides the one that I had done so I can have it done through them.

With the screening results, I've known I had high blood pressure, but I already knew that. And my COPD is not that high, but they want me to have another test done in April. Everything else was good. So I'm not worried. Before, I was worried because I normally have a physical every year nonstop. I've been doing it for 30 years. And then, my life changed, and I didn't have medical coverage. I use that as an alternative to make sure that I was okay. They put me at ease. It's the most awesome thing. I just wish they do everything that could go wrong with the human body. I wish they do a screening for all of that. Still, I'm satisfied.

Life Line Screening response

Andrewlynn, We love hearing stories like yours, especially when it helps people like you save money and get valuable cardiovascular health screening services. Please tell your friends about Life Line Screening services, so they can experience the same benefits that you did.- Thanks!

Original review: July 11, 2019

This is the fourth year I've done preventive screening and financially, it has definitely helped not having to put out a ton of dollars. It’s a whole lot less expensive than going through your doctor’s office to try to get all of the tests that they do done. It also definitely makes me aware of my decision where I can do better. Whenever I go to do the Life Line Screening, afterwards, I go and have my annual physical done with my primary doctor. It is generally just a confirmation. He’ll do my blood pressure and a separate blood panel. But they usually run hand-in-hand with what the results are with the Life Line. So I’m content with the result. I think they’re legit.

The people are also always very gracious and helpful with the information that they give, like what’s available to me for whatever price they have going at the time. They always undercuts the doctor’s office, no matter what. Then each person has their station that they do the test with and I ask about their credentials. I wanna know if they know what they’re doing and if they’ve been schooled and trained to do it, and the majority of them have had some type of a medical background, which is really good. I definitely feel better with it. I had a panel that checks for chronic COPD, diabetes, congestive heart failure, coronary heart disease and stroke, as well as kidney disease, blood pressure, waste and weight. They set a complete list of panel, including glucose and the C-reactive whatever, the abdominal aortic aneurysm, peripheral arterial disease and osteoporosis. Then they send you the results thing and it is very easy to read. I have highly recommended them to friends.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you, Alesia! We appreciate your loyalty and positive feedback! We’re happy to hear that Life Line Screening was able to provide the cardiovascular health screening services you needed. It's customers like you that make us proud to serve the community's needs. - Look forward to seeing you again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Original review: March 31, 2020

I signed up for Life Line Screening and the policy said if you cancelled 24 hours before your appointment you would get a refund. I called to cancel 1 week before my appointment but now they tell me they have changed their refund policy and won't refund my credit card even though I told them I was struggling financially due to COVID-19. They had nothing to say except that's our new policy. I told them they could get funding to help their business instead of denying people their refunds and they continued to tell them NO REFUND will be given. That is the WORST customer service I have ever experienced during such a difficult time! I will NEVER say anything good about a company who will not stand behind their policy and then changes it midstream to protect themselves only, caring nothing about the people who have kept them in business! HORRIBLE!

Life Line Screening response

Hello, Darla – We sincerely apologize for how this was handled. We greatly appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and would like to make things right. Please email us at socialmedia@llsa.com and we’ll be glad to work with you to resolve this situation. Thank you for your patience & understanding during what is—as you stated—such a difficult time for us all.

Original review: March 28, 2020

I've thought about doing a screening for a few years. I'm low on Vitamin D and it's so expensive at the doctor's office versus when Life Line Screening does it. I did not tell my doctor that I did the screening so that when I had my physical, I could compare. It was two months later that I could compare the results and they were right on. It's just that the ones that Life Line had were cheaper and I got a lot more tests.

The techs were really good, too. One girl was working really hard trying to get things done fast. Then the supervisor was scolding her a little bit for being slow. So she wasn't able to be as friendly as she clearly wanted to be because she was being pushed to hurry. Also, it's strange that they allowed walk-ins which made our appointments fall behind. If we have an appointment, there's a reason why we have an appointment. We had a group of walk-ins and it made us a little late. But as far as anything that was controllable, it was all wonderful and they were very professional.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you, Brenda! This is excellent feedback and we really appreciate it. We're proud to offer thorough, affordable, and convenient screening services for every customer, and we're so glad you had a positive experience. That's an interesting note about the tech and supervisor—we'll make sure to pass it along to the appropriate manager here to make sure it's heard.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I haven't had anything done like preventive screening in a while so I just wanted to. I thought it was a good thing to do. Life Line Screening was the closest one by. They did a good job. Everything was positive. It gave me peace of mind that my heart was okay. My results were good and everything is okay.

Life Line Screening response

Thanks, Bruce! We're thrilled to hear about your positive experience with Life Line Screening and that the cardiovascular screenings helped put you at ease. These preventative screenings are an important part of overall cardiovascular health and we're glad we could help! We hope to serve you again next year.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I had used these services in the past. I scheduled an appointment for 3/25/2020, and when the virus concerns began to grow, I attempted to cancel the appointment 4 days prior. I tried calling, and and could not reach a soul, and I replied to a confirmation email and got no response. I showed up to the location 15 minutes early on the scheduled day, and there was a sign stating the testing had been suspended due to the virus. This company had my cell # to text a confirmation, but did not provide the courtesy to notify me it had been cancelled. They did not call or send an email. So, this morning I called to request a refund. The refused, stating they would only issue a gift certificate for future screening. I explained I will not use them in the future, and they refused to issue a refund to my credit card. VERY POOR SERVICE!

Rick

Life Line Screening response

Hi Rick – We sincerely apologize for your experience during this difficult time. We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention and would like to make things right. For further resolution please contact us by email at socialmedia@llsa.com and we’ll be glad to work with you to resolve this situation. Thank you for your patience & understanding.

Original review: March 24, 2020

Beware of this company. My experience with Lifeline Screening was a horrible, frustrating sickening one. They set me up with their "Gold VIP" plan and quoted me $119 for the screening. They asked me if I also wanted to include kidney and liver screening and I said yes. They didn't inform me that that would cost another $100 so, when I got the bill (prior to my screening appointment), I called them and they took the liver and kidney screening off. When I say I "I called them", I mean it took multiple calls where I was on hold for at least 20 minutes each time, and often after 20 minutes, it would send me to voicemail. I would then leave a voicemail and call back number and no one from that organization ever called me back.

The the corona virus hit and I did not want to go to a public place so I called a week in advance to cancel the appointment. Again, put on hold and eventually shunted to voicemail where I left my cancellation message and a call back number, and no one ever called back. I had been put on a monthly payment plan and they charged my credit card $19.95. After the frustrating experience of never being able to reach anyone and after leaving at least 3 voicemails with callback numbers and no one ever returning the calls, I decided to cancel everything with them. It took multiple phone calls, totaling at least 2 hours on hold, to finally get a human on the phone. That person told me "since you're a Gold VIP member, there are no refunds". Their website says "If you need to cancel your screening, a full refund is issued if you call at least 2 days prior to your appointment", which I had done.

I kept reading that to her and she kept insisting, with no explanation, that "there are no refunds for Gold VIP members"... So I cancelled through my credit card company. These people might provide a helpful and important service, but their policies, customer service, and procedures suck big time, and they LIE. Horrible, frustrating and sickening is the best way I can describe my experience.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for this feedback, Sam. Your experience should not have gone this way and we would absolutely like to make things right. Please send us an email at socialmedia@llsa.com and we’ll be happy to work with you to resolve this issue. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention.

Life Line Screening Company Information