2. Miscellaneous

4.2/5 (78 ratings)

About Life Line Screening

For over 20 years, Life Line Screening has provided preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls and libraries. Its sixty mobile teams work to assess patient risk and scan for a number of conditions such as atrial fibrillation, Type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

Pros

• Available in 100+ cities
    • Variety of tests available
    • Affordable

Cons

• May not be covered by insurance

Bottom Line

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with risk factors for heart, liver, kidney, and bone and joint diseases. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

Top Life Line Screening Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The price of Life Line Screening was reasonable. Their people were nice and professional. They won’t make you feel nervous about anything. They checked the chest, heart and blood ...

Verified

Every year, I look forward to the Life Line screening. The tech is very good. He goes through all the necessary tests and gave a result. I [know] what I need to do to make any adj...

What is Life Line Screening?

Life Line Screening provides preventive health screenings for a variety of medical conditions and concerns with services geared toward adults over 50. Screenings are available for heart, liver, kidney, bone and joint health, as well as cancer, stroke, and diabetes risk, among others.

Life Line Screening tests

Screenings are available for heart disease and stroke, liver function, kidney and diabetes, cancer, bone and joint issues, and general wellness. You can find a full list of the screening panels they offer below. Life Line Screening’s tests are non-invasive and performed via ultrasound, blood work or EKG.

Heart Disease and Stroke
    • Wellness Panel Plus - Women
    • Thyroid Disease
    • Testosterone Deficiency

Life Line Screening preparation

Patients receive preparation instructions for the specific screening(s) they select. The most common requirement is to not eat for a certain number of hours prior to the exam. Screenings are non-invasive and don’t require you to remove any clothing, but Life Line Screening does recommend you wear loose clothing to your appointment and avoid any oils or lotion on your skin.

Life Line Screening results

You may receive some of your test results at the screening. The remaining results, which a board-certified physician reviews, arrive in your mail within 21 days. Most results are designed to help you understand your risk factors for specific diseases and conditions, like cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer and osteoporosis.

Understanding your risk factors for these common yet devastating diseases can be instrumental in their prevention and the maintenance of your overall health.

Is Life Line Screening worth it?

Life Line Screenings provides affordable health screenings to the public. Life Line Screening reviews mention the ease and affordability of the service, as well as the friendliness of the staff.

Health screenings can show you your risk factors for common disease and potentially help with early detection, but not all tests are created equal. The US Preventative Screenings Task Force lays out which screenings it thinks are worthwhile and which aren’t. However, for peace of mind, a simple screening can make it worth the time and investment. If you’re working in tandem with your doctor, preventative health screenings can be a good tool.

Life Line Screening FAQ

How much does Life Line Screening cost?
    While the price of each screening differs, the popular "6 for Life" Health Screening costs $79 and assesses your risk factors for developing heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer.
    How do I find a Life Line Screening near me?
    Life Line Screening travels to over 100 cities in the U.S. throughout the year. You can use the Find a Screening tool on its website to enter your ZIP code and find the one nearest you.
    Is Life Line Screening legitimate?
    Yes. Life Line Screening is a legitimate company providing community-based health screenings. Life Line Screenings shows your risk factors for certain conditions, but it can’t replace your doctor.

To get the most out of a health screening, get your tests analyzed by your primary care physician. You should always continue to consult your doctor about how to prevent disease.

Is Life Line Screening covered by insurance?
    Many preventative health screenings are not covered by insurance. You’ll want to check with your provider to be sure.

Life Line Screening Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I got the basic screening that whether I got plaque in your carotid arteries and the triple A screening. The technicians were helpful, pleasant, and upbeat. The last one I went to, she and her associate had a very good sense of humor. We cut up together. And I enjoyed that. Life Line was able to diagnose me with a heart problem I did not know I had. So the results were wonderful. The menu however was too big. We're familiar with it. But when we were there was more selling going on with respect to different tests than I would be comfortable with. But we have known it before, so we knew what we want and didn't want. The selling of the different services they have available should be done prior to any testing.

Other than that, Life Line Screening is a good thing to get. Because in my case, I found out I had what is called A-fib, and I didn't know it. They have impacted my life in such a way that I'm getting treatment for the A-fib. Many of the things that they do are things that we may not know we have. For example, an aortic aneurysm, which is a very dangerous thing. I know because I got one. But over a period of time, it can be a real problem. And that is one of the things you test for. An aortic aneurysm is something that, unless you went to Life Line Screening or you were just smart enough to go get the test, you would never know you had it.

Good morning Robert,

Thank you for sharing your experience and your feedback, it allows us to better service our Participants!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

My husband had a stroke right before turning 55 yrs old. He had asked our PCP to have tests done several times, in the 5 yrs since then, to make sure there were no further blockages because they never really determined the reason for his stroke (stroke was 12/31/2015). His cholesterol numbers were normal & the PCP said that he was 'doing good ' & no need for any tests. We had a bit of a windfall & had the money to do Life Line Screening at the time of receiving the notice in the mail so I decided to set up appts for each of us.

We got results that his right carotid artery has 100% occlusion/blockage!! We were stunned & had it backed-up with further test done by a Vascular Surgeon, with the exact same results. BUT now we know how vital it is for these test to be done... They can not operate on 100% blockage, but we will watch his other arteries so we can stay on top of things! We are very happy we had this test done & really believe it could have been a decision that saved his life!!!

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your story with us! Screenings provide peace of mind or early detection and we are so happy to have been helpful to you and your husband.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I saw a screening with Life Line that I didn’t get from my regular doctor. Artery clogging in the neck was something that we weren't following through with the doctors and we weren’t running any kind of tests that would check it so it would be worth it to see if there was any going on. The only thing is that the few locations that I've gone to are all temporary ones.

There are enough space to put chairs and the beds or whatever to lie down on to do the testing on. But I'm not used to that from when I go to see my regular doctor. It wasn't comfort so much as the whole idea of fly-by-night. They move into this and then take your money and go away. There's no permanence in the location or the people that I could go back to, for example, and say that I was here two weeks ago and this is what the result was and to explain it. It was too mobile. But it wasn't uncomfortable. The only thing is that it might have been a little bit cooler than I would have preferred, but that's not a big deal.

For Life Line to do this, one thing that would make it more permanent-seeming would be like what I've seen done with blood pressure. They'll have a mobile blood pressure trailer set up. You go in. lie down on one of the beds that’s there, they do their thing and then, you go out the other end. It's still mobile but it's more permanent-seeming because money was spent to buy the vehicle and to outfit the vehicle with the equipment than to just move in, unload the stuff in the empty room, set it up, and then pack it all up and drive away the next day.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I received a brochure and had an appointment about 30 days later with my cardiologist. I called the cardiologist and said, “this is what this program does and price looks good. Would this be valuable information for our upcoming session?” he said, "It can't hurt as the more information we have, the better. Sure, proceed." that's what prompted me to go ahead with Life Line Screening. It turned out, it had to be delayed and delayed because of COVID, but we got it pulled together. I had five tests done, and it took less than a half hour. It was a very quick, simple and professional experience. It was very positive for me.

On a level of 1 to 5, the quality of the results is 3 to 4 because it prompted additional tests from specialists. One of the tests led to a follow-up with a doctor that studies veins. While I'm okay, my carotid artery is partially blocked and needs to be watched. I'm following up with the carotid artery issue and having the testing done again at a hospital with the specialist in a few more months. Had I not started with Life Line Screening, I don't know if I've ever tested for that. I'm glad I did it, and I would recommend it to others.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

We're not going back to Life Line Screening because it costs money and we're on Medicare Advantage. Our policies cover all that through our physician. I don't believe Life Line is worth the cost. The doctors really don't accept it. They'll order the same test again even though I give them the Life Line Screening stuff. When my wife and I go, it's $600. With Medicare Advantage, we hardly ever pay $10 for a doctor's visit, and I can't remember spending hardly anything, even when we go to emergency room. It's all kind of covered. I used to have five jobs after I retired from my main job. I'm over 89 and I only have one job. So, I can't afford it. $500 is a lot of money.

We went with Life Line due to the convenience and they used to be a little cheaper, too. I might have started way back when I was fairly healthy, and the doctor wasn't ordering any of those tests, especially the one about the carotid artery, the sonogram on your carotid, and then your aorta, your stomach. The doctor usually would take your blood pressure down at your ankles. With Life Line, it seemed like at one shot, you could get it all done, and it did cost a little money. It was a few hundred dollars. So, my wife and I did that for several years. Then we would take the results to our physicians, and if they thought there was a problem, they would order the test again. But now that I'm over 80 and things are showing up, our physicians say, “Oops, Life Line Screening says this and this. We better order you another test.”

The technicians and Life Line personnel were always nice. In fact, they were kind of friendly. This last time, the clerk that took us in and took all our information, we kind of became friends because they didn't have a whole lot of people coming through. For people who don't have insurance, I’d recommend them going through Life Line. I'm not dissatisfied with them, but their prices have increased over the last 10 years.

Life Line Screening response

Hi, James! Thank you for sharing your experience with Life Line Screening over the years. We're so glad you had a positive experience and the team felt like friends by the end of the appointment. We're happy to hear you're now working with a doctor to maintain your cardiovascular health.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

The ultrasound sucked. The lady did it like seven or eight times to make sure on what she was getting and getting recordings. Because I have abdominal aorta aneurysms, she was pushing down on my stomach hard enough that it hurt. They could have used a little more power on the machine rather than having to press down so they're actually touching my backbone with my stomach. It was like an hour for the one test and by the time we got done, I was so cold and shaking from laying there. I had to go outside in the heat and stand there in the sun to warm up. Then they had me come back in one more time because they didn't get a certain set of pictures right. But overall, it was good.

Good morning Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback. We will have someone from our team reach out to you soon!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Everybody at Life Line Screening is nice. They talked to me and joked. I always try to take care of my own health when possible. So Life Line gives me some indicators of what is going on. And I would know if I can eat a cheeseburger Friday night instead of a salad. I was very pleased with my blood work that came back. I feel confident. So I don’t have to worry about my cholesterol and things because it came back very good. It made my life a little easier than to keep making doctor's appointments every six months. It's convenient and it works. You get results.

Good morning Gary,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback! We look forward to providing our service to you in the future!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Working with Life Line was fine but it was a weird place where they have it done so that felt uncomfortable. But the people who did the screening were very efficient and seemed to know exactly what they were doing. They gave me a report quickly so I was satisfied with the services I received.

Good morning Janet,

Thank you for your comment and we're glad you had a positive experience at our screening. We also appreciate you also sharing your feedback regarding the site as it allows us to better service our participants.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

My son must have seen a brochure of Life Line Screening somewhere, picked it up and brought it to me. It was reasonable and I told him to go. They were very helpful and told him to go see his cardio and he went right away. He had issues that Life Line Screening found. He's got appointments to have the surgery for the aorta and then, they found that one kidney is only 5%. So, he's going to a specialist. It’s hard to get in because of all the COVID and everything is behind. But he is on top of it, thanks to Life Line Screening. Now, my neighbors are getting it. Everybody's going out to find Life screenings, which is good. I would recommend people to do that. It’s so convenient.

Good morning Linda,

Thank you for sharing your son's experience. We were happy to serve him and look forward to providing our service to your family and friends.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I had an episode on vacation of passing out and just wanted the test done and talk with my doctor. My sister-in-law said she loved the testing Life Line Screening did. The abdominal ultrasound was almost painful, just the way they were pressing on my stomach.

Life Line Screening Company Information