Call toll free
4.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Line Screening has served some 8 million people since its inception more than twenty years ago. The company provides preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls, and libraries. Each of their sixty teams serves a specific geographic area, setting up each day in a different location, much like a mobile MASH unit or a blood drive.

Life Line Screening Video
Life Line Screening Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with certain risk factors. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

PROS

• Available in 100+ cities
  • Variety of tests available
  • Affordable

CONS

• May not be covered by insurance

Top Life Line Screening Reviews

06/13/2019

The price of Life Line Screening was reasonable. Their people were nice and professional. They won’t make you feel nervous about anything. They checked the chest, heart and blood pressure, then the legs and the neck. You whiz in and out of there in an hour.

06/09/2019

Every year, I look forward to the Life Line screening. The tech is very good. He goes through all the necessary tests and gave a result. I [know] what I need to do to make any adjustments in my life. It's excellent. I recommend a lot of my friends to go and do the test, and they do.

What is Life Line Screening?

Life Line Screening provides preventive health screenings for a variety of medical conditions and concerns with services geared toward adults over 50. Screenings are available for heart, liver, kidney, bone and joint health, as well as cancer, stroke and diabetes risk, among others.

Life Line Screening locations

Life Line Screening has locations in over 100 cities in the U.S. You can use the “find a location” tool on their website to enter your zip code and find one nearest you.

Life Line Screening Cost

The popular "6 for Life" Health Screening costs $79 and assesses your risk factors for developing heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer.

Life Line Screening tests

Screenings are available in the categories of heart disease and stroke, liver, kidney and diabetes, cancer, bone and joint, and general wellness. You can find a full list of the screening panels they offer below. Life Line Screening’s tests are non-invasive and performed via ultrasound, blood work or EKG.

Heart Disease and Stroke
  • Wellness Panel Plus - Women
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Testosterone Deficiency

Life Line Screening preparation

You will receive preparation instructions for the screening(s) you select; but generally, you’ll be required to fast for a certain number of hours prior to the exam. They recommend you wear loose clothing to your appointment and avoid any oils or lotion on the skin.

Life Line Screening results

The goal of Life Line Screening is to provide people with early detection and prevention. Most results are designed to help you understand your risk factors for specific diseases and conditions, like cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer and osteoporosis. Understanding your risk factors for these common yet devastating diseases can be instrumental in the prevention and the maintenance of your overall health.

Life Line Screening FAQ

Is Life Line Screening legitimate?
Yes. Life Line Screening is a legitimate company providing community-based health screenings. Life Line Screenings will show you your risk factors for certain conditions, but it can’t replace your doctor. To get the most out of a health screening, you’ll want your tests analyzed by your primary care physician. You should always continue to consult your doctor about how to prevent disease.
Is Life Line Screening covered by insurance?
Many preventative health screenings are not covered by insurance. You’ll want to check with your provider to be sure.

Is Life Line Screening worth it?

Life Line Screenings provides affordable health screenings to the public. Life Line Screening reviews mention the ease and affordability of the service, as well as the friendliness of the staff. Whether or not a life screen is worth the money will be a personal decision. Health screenings can show you your risk factors for common disease and potentially help with early detection, but not all tests are created equal. The US Preventative Screenings Task Force lays out which screenings they think are worthwhile, and which aren’t. However, for peace of mind, a simple screening can make it worth the time and investment. If you’re working in tandem with your doctor, preventative health screenings can be a good tool.

57 Life Line Screening Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

With Life Line Screening, I had a positive, comfortable experience that provided facts and reassuring results. Life Line's content marketing approach drew me. I have seen a couple of times the flyer that was coming around with the information printed on it. Also age was a factor, but more specifically just looking at a milestone in my own personal age, whenever you reach a new decade to kind of reassess things. Life Line was very close to where I'm living. And the cost to do it for that convenience of being close, when I balanced it out, I was willing to pay that just for that convenience to get everything done without having to really go to my primary care provider who is actually further away than they were. So, then it was a time saving factor for me too that I didn't have to drive and go through a clinic.

Even though you could expect an hour to an hour and a half that you're there, there was something that suggested it could happen pretty quick because it's multiple stations on one place. So, the driving time for me to go to my primary care doctor and then the time that it would take to get all those tests lined up and go to different sections of the clinic that would probably take several hours versus getting it done in one time.

I had more than one tech because each station had different techs at it and everybody was good. When I first walked in, I was greeted very positively. I didn't have a wait time. And then I was directed where to sit. The technicians all explained what was going on. Also, they all kept saying, "Are you comfortable? Is this a comfortable position? Do you need a pillow?" They checked in on how I was physically feeling as I was preparing. One even asked, "Are you nervous?" "Are you getting tests?" And they would be like, "There's no pain." They did all those types of things to just be reassuring. It was very efficient and I felt informed.

I got the peripheral arterial disease screening. I also got the one for a condition which could lead to sudden death if you have some kind of rupture in the stomach, and they did an ultrasound in the stomach area to identify that. They also did an EKG. And for the PAD test, it was like doing different pressures on my body to make sure there was some kind of balance. They looked for an imbalance between blood pressure across different parts of the body. I got what I went there for. The results were complete and they were all positive. And because of them being positive, it would reduce any anxieties again as I'm getting older about those possible things being there. I'd recommend Life Line. I have suggested it to other people.

Life Line Screening response

Antanas, We love hearing great feedback like yours. Our goal at Life Line Screening, is to make sure that we make quality preventive cardiovascular health care .....affordable & convenient. Thank you so much for your business, we greatly appreciate it !

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Life Line called me one day and told me that preventive screening was something that would be good to do, and I did it. I went last year for the first time and then I went again this year. I personally like the way I was treated. I really felt cared-for. They were very, very kind to me. During the process, I was totally 100% comfortable. They did about five different tests on my legs, on my arms, on my stomach, and on my neck. They were caring, and very, very professional. Another thing that I appreciated was the fact that they have everybody on a time schedule. When I go in there, I know exactly how long it will gonna be.

It’s good to be able to have a personalized care like that. The types of tests that they’re giving are tests that are life saving or it could inform you if there’s a life threatening situation. And you need that type of affordability in your life as you get older to be able to monitor your own health. The care that they give you is done in a nice amount of time, and you also get your results back in about two weeks. It’s worth it.

I’m very impressed with Life Line Screening. They let me know that I’m on a high risk of having a stroke. I got a little scared when I heard that. But, it’s good to know. I don’t take it lightly, but I’m glad that I knew about it. It has made me more aware of the fact that I need to take care of myself better. I would recommend Life Line.

Life Line Screening response

Thanks for the positive feedback Arlene. We do our best at Life Line Screening to provide you with quality preventative cardiovascular screening services conducted by professional staff with the goal to ensure that every customer has a great experience. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you again.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I've used Life Line for several years now so this is probably the sixth time I've had a test done and I like the convenience and the pricing for what I get ‘cause if going to the doctor and try to get all that, a lot of times the person has to have a medical reason instead of just being preventative, which Life Line got, and it's a lot higher too. I did a general screening and I also did the new one for the colon cancer, although I've never gotten my results back and I need to follow up with that. For the type of test I had done, I had to fast so that’s the worst part. I can't have coffee. But the process has been very easy. They're typically very quick. I also like the type of people they go and I always end up having great conversations with the people that are there.

I've always been very pleased with the value as far as what I'm getting. They’ve gotta send after the test and I understand that because of the reading. A lot of times they'd let you know that everything was fine but they'd send it off so at least, in that way, you're not to worry. I also like that if they see anything, immediately they will either refer you and you're not having to wait. As I've read in some of the testimonials, even people they’ve done immediately, like in the emergency room and the ones that are always doing the test, they always have some great personalities. There was also a $25 gift card because I also participated in a study on some kind of weight loss. They were kind too.

Life Line Screening response

Hi Alyssa, We really value your feedback about your experience with Life Line Screening services. We are so grateful for returning customers like yourself who are pleased with our service and see the value. Make sure and share this experience with fiends and family so we can help them also. Have a great day!

Original review: July 15, 2019

I retired and I hadn't gotten Medicare, and I normally did a check-up every year. So, I just pay the money to have the check-up done through Life Line Screening. My experience with them has been excellent. They were doing different types of screening for just one price. If I had gone somewhere else, I would've had to get a referral for that, to have a referral for this, to have a referral for this thing, and I just wasn't for that. I wanted to get everything done at one time, and it worked out perfectly.

The Life Line Screening techs were the best. They were nice, friendly, and they explained everything they were going to do and what it was for. They were very thorough. It is a very nice team. They were very knowledgeable, addressed all of my questions, and they also gave me advice on certain things that I should look at because I've been having a problem with my high blood pressure since I was 14. My blood pressure always stay high even though I'm on medication and general medication since 15 years old. No matter what they had given me, it never worked to get my blood pressure down to where it's supposed to be.

So, I spoke to one of the nurses and she told me to see a nephrologist to see if my kidneys were working properly and my liver was working properly. I wanted to go back and do my screening through Life Line Screening for other things because they only just touched on a few things. But I wanted to use their service to get any other screening that they offer besides the one that I had done. And I told several of my friends about it also. I let them know that it was fast, it was very informative, the people were very nice, and I loved it. It was great.

The quality of the results that I got from the screening wasn't that bad. A couple other things that were on there, I knew already that it was a possibility, but I just wanted to make sure that I was having to be going to one doctor. And I also liked that with Life Line Screening, I was in one facility and there were five things done. To me, that's important. I did the heart disease, stroke, cancer, bone and joint screening, which was awesome. And also, I asked them if there were any other tests that they did besides the one that I had done so I can have it done through them.

With the screening results, I've known I had high blood pressure, but I already knew that. And my COPD is not that high, but they want me to have another test done in April. Everything else was good. So I'm not worried. Before, I was worried because I normally have a physical every year nonstop. I've been doing it for 30 years. And then, my life changed, and I didn't have medical coverage. I use that as an alternative to make sure that I was okay. They put me at ease. It's the most awesome thing. I just wish they do everything that could go wrong with the human body. I wish they do a screening for all of that. Still, I'm satisfied.

Life Line Screening response

Andrewlynn, We love hearing stories like yours, especially when it helps people like you save money and get valuable cardiovascular health screening services. Please tell your friends about Life Line Screening services, so they can experience the same benefits that you did.- Thanks!

Original review: July 11, 2019

This is the fourth year I've done preventive screening and financially, it has definitely helped not having to put out a ton of dollars. It’s a whole lot less expensive than going through your doctor’s office to try to get all of the tests that they do done. It also definitely makes me aware of my decision where I can do better. Whenever I go to do the Life Line Screening, afterwards, I go and have my annual physical done with my primary doctor. It is generally just a confirmation. He’ll do my blood pressure and a separate blood panel. But they usually run hand-in-hand with what the results are with the Life Line. So I’m content with the result. I think they’re legit.

The people are also always very gracious and helpful with the information that they give, like what’s available to me for whatever price they have going at the time. They always undercuts the doctor’s office, no matter what. Then each person has their station that they do the test with and I ask about their credentials. I wanna know if they know what they’re doing and if they’ve been schooled and trained to do it, and the majority of them have had some type of a medical background, which is really good. I definitely feel better with it. I had a panel that checks for chronic COPD, diabetes, congestive heart failure, coronary heart disease and stroke, as well as kidney disease, blood pressure, waste and weight. They set a complete list of panel, including glucose and the C-reactive whatever, the abdominal aortic aneurysm, peripheral arterial disease and osteoporosis. Then they send you the results thing and it is very easy to read. I have highly recommended them to friends.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you, Alesia! We appreciate your loyalty and positive feedback! We’re happy to hear that Life Line Screening was able to provide the cardiovascular health screening services you needed. It's customers like you that make us proud to serve the community's needs. - Look forward to seeing you again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

When I went for the screening, all involved were helpful and friendly. I was told that I would receive my results by mail within 2 - 3 weeks. After 4 weeks without hearing anything, I called Life Line and was told that my results had been mailed out, but would be resent. After another 2 weeks I finally received my results, with the report dated 5 weeks after my screening. (In the meantime I had to have some of the same tests done by my regular doctor) The results showed that my bone density was normal, with no osteoporosis, and I know for a fact that I do have osteoporosis, diagnosed by several doctors. This makes me doubt the accuracy of all of the tests done by Life Line. A friend who also had the screenings at the same time as I did is still awaiting his results, 6 weeks later.

Life Line Screening response

All feedback is important to us and we appreciate the time you took to tell us about the long wait time for results at your last appointment. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and regret the experience you’ve had. We will have someone from our team reach out to you to review the matter in more detail.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I take my regular office visits to see my doctor and since Life Line Screening offered some things that I thought I would get checked, I decided to sign up and go through the process. There were about five procedures done and the whole process was good. Although it was busier and it took longer than what I expected, I understood why that happened. Besides, they ran them through as quickly as possible. The people who did the exams were all courteous too. They explained what they were doing.

The only thing is that I was a little uncomfortable with one procedure. They hook up to your ankles and have you lay flat on a hard surface, and there was no pillow. It would’ve been nice if that was a little more comfortable or at least if you had a pillow to put underneath your head while the exam was being done. But overall, the experience was very satisfactory and I would recommend Life Line Screening. If you would’ve gone to a doctor or a hospital and had each procedure done separately, it would’ve been a lot more expensive. So as far as the price, that was very good.

Life Line Screening response

We appreciate your feedback, Arlan! Life Line Screening's goal is to provide the best prices possible for quality preventative cardiovascular screening services. We will use your constructive feedback to improve our customer experience and look forward to seeing you again next year.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I got almost everything that Life Line Screening had. It was supposed to be $149 and I ended up with $260. I brought the results with me when I went for a physical afterwards and the doctor used those as opposed to using his own. Everything was positive. I’d certainly recommend Life Line.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you, Anthony! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear that Life Line Screening was able to provide the quality preventative cardiovascular health care you needed.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

My experience with Life Line was great. I got an email about them, and I had issues that I wanted to be resolved and put my mind at ease. I got a package which has 4 or 5 things that they screened for and it was $149. They did AFib (atrial fibrillation), carotid, and an aortic. There were 4 or 5 ultrasounds. My first thoughts when I first walked in was odd and I didn’t expect it to look like that. It was all those little screens and little departments, but it went very smoothly. The only thing that I didn’t like was the osteoporosis test because that was not accurate at all. All they do is one little thing for two seconds on the leg, which doesn’t prove anything because I have osteoporosis. I’ve had osteoporosis for 15 years and it’s showing that I didn’t. And I’ve had bone scans which was definitely more accurate. So, that’s probably something they can do away with because it’s a waste of time. But all in all, I would definitely recommend Life Line Screening.

Life Line Screening response

Anna, Thank you for providing positive feedback about your last appointment with Life Line Screening! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience and will forward your constructive input to our operations manager. We hope you'll come back again and look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I’m at the age where I need to get preventative screening done. I’m a member of the NRA, and they sent me a pamphlet on Life Line Screening and an offer where they pay part of it. I got a package where I did the normal blood pressure screening and the stroke prevention that was the key deal which went along with it. The whole process for the screening was extremely smooth. I loved the techs who helped and everybody was kind and helpful. They told me in detail all that they were doing. Everything went quickly and it was a wonderful experience. I would do it again and when they come to my area again next year, I’m gonna do the full-blown package.

Life Line Screening response

Antonio, We’re delighted to read your feedback about your last appointment with Life Line Screening !! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the best cardiovascular screening service for each and every customer. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Life Line Screening Company Information