4.5/5 (83 ratings)

About Life Line Screening

For over 20 years, Life Line Screening has provided preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls and libraries. Its sixty mobile teams work to assess patient risk and scan for a number of conditions such as atrial fibrillation, Type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

Pros

• Available in 100+ cities
  • Variety of tests available
  • Affordable

Cons

• May not be covered by insurance

Bottom Line

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with risk factors for heart, liver, kidney, and bone and joint diseases. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

Top Life Line Screening Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Verified

The price of Life Line Screening was reasonable. Their people were nice and professional. They won’t make you feel nervous about anything. They checked the chest, heart and blood ...

Verified

Every year, I look forward to the Life Line screening. The tech is very good. He goes through all the necessary tests and gave a result. I [know] what I need to do to make any adj...

What is Life Line Screening?

Life Line Screening provides preventive health screenings for a variety of medical conditions and concerns with services geared toward adults over 50. Screenings are available for heart, liver, kidney, bone and joint health, as well as cancer, stroke, and diabetes risk, among others.

Life Line Screening tests

Screenings are available for heart disease and stroke, liver function, kidney and diabetes, cancer, bone and joint issues, and general wellness. You can find a full list of the screening panels they offer below. Life Line Screening’s tests are non-invasive and performed via ultrasound, blood work or EKG.

Heart Disease and Stroke
  • Wellness Panel Plus - Women
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Testosterone Deficiency

Life Line Screening preparation

Patients receive preparation instructions for the specific screening(s) they select. The most common requirement is to not eat for a certain number of hours prior to the exam. Screenings are non-invasive and don’t require you to remove any clothing, but Life Line Screening does recommend you wear loose clothing to your appointment and avoid any oils or lotion on your skin.

Life Line Screening results

You may receive some of your test results at the screening. The remaining results, which a board-certified physician reviews, arrive in your mail within 21 days. Most results are designed to help you understand your risk factors for specific diseases and conditions, like cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer and osteoporosis.

Understanding your risk factors for these common yet devastating diseases can be instrumental in their prevention and the maintenance of your overall health.

Life Line Screening FAQ

How much does Life Line Screening cost?

While the price of each screening differs, the popular "6 for Life" Health Screening costs $79 and assesses your risk factors for developing heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer.

How do I find a Life Line Screening near me?

Life Line Screening travels to over 100 cities in the U.S. throughout the year. You can use the Find a Screening tool on its website to enter your ZIP code and find the one nearest you.

Is Life Line Screening legitimate?

Yes. Life Line Screening is a legitimate company providing community-based health screenings. Life Line Screenings shows your risk factors for certain conditions, but it can’t replace your doctor.

To get the most out of a health screening, get your tests analyzed by your primary care physician. You should always continue to consult your doctor about how to prevent disease.

Is Life Line Screening covered by insurance?

Many preventative health screenings are not covered by insurance. You’ll want to check with your provider to be sure.

Is Life Line Screening worth it?

Life Line Screenings provides affordable health screenings to the public. Life Line Screening reviews mention the ease and affordability of the service, as well as the friendliness of the staff.

Health screenings can show you your risk factors for common disease and potentially help with early detection, but not all tests are created equal. The US Preventative Screenings Task Force lays out which screenings it thinks are worthwhile and which aren’t. However, for peace of mind, a simple screening can make it worth the time and investment. If you’re working in tandem with your doctor, preventative health screenings can be a good tool.

Life Line Screening Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

My wife set up the original ones. We went two or three years running. And we decided we should just use our regular doctor. But a lot of the tests that Life Line Screening does are not done by the doctor. That's why we decided to do it again this year. They suggest that you follow up with your regular doctor. And the one thing that turned up with me was abdominal aortic aneurysm. My results says it might be possible. So, my cardiac doctor is gonna look at it and run some more tests and see if he concurs. We also had AFib, body mass, lipid panel, glucose, liver, thyroid, kidney, vitamin D and waste. We're both 75 and we felt that as much preventive medicine as we can have is good, because that way we can head offset before it becomes a problem. That was an incentive to do it again, especially when they come up with something like this.

I like the print out of Life Line's results. You can get it online. We get a hard copy of it. It's easy to read and tells you just quickly looking where you stand, what's the normal reading, what's an abnormal reading, where are you. I like the quantitativeness of it instead of just saying, "You're normal this, you're normal that". I want to know where I stand on the scale of normal to abnormal.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the 5 star review and for being a repeat participant at our screenings. We're so happy to know that our screenings are a part of your wellness routine.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2022

We've been coming and going to Life Line Screening for at least 20 years. It was the first time it came here to Alamogordo. Since then, different things have been revealed through the scans and screenings and I’m sold. And I tell everybody for the price you get as accurate as can be made. But they were almost right on for my issue. I'm very pleased.

The techs are very knowledgeable and extremely efficient. It was very slow this time. But they had a last minute change from one location to another. And people were showing up late and they were trying to work them in. But that is beyond anybody's control. Things were set up properly. We all had to wear our masks. They were very professional about that.

Get the test. It's very much worth it. One thing that I probably will do the next time is when they collect the blood to look for something about inflammation within the heart area. I'd probably recommend that, too. I would drop off some of them. From the packet, whenever they send it out, there's usually five for 100 something dollars. I don't know if you can drop one off and add another and it changes the price or not. For instance, AAA, once I have this repaired, I won't need that screening again. So that sort of thing, if it would be adjusted because there are definitely things I would have all the time. The osteoporosis, I get tests with the doctor all the time, but it doesn't hurt to have two opinions. And the carotid artery thing, that I would have each time. Other than that, I responded to Life Line's recommendations and I'm having a procedure that I needed done.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for being such a long time participant of our screenings! We are so glad that you understand the importance of early detection or peace of mind about your health. We apologize for the delay on your last visit and appreciate your patience.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I went to Life Line Screening though I had no symptoms. They finished the screening and told me to go to a doctor or emergency room immediately. I went to my doctor and ended up with a successful surgery that, had I not had, would likely have resulted in a stroke. I do have one huge suggestion for LifeLine. The technician who did my screening told me to see my doctor within 24 hours or go to an emergency room. When you have someone like me who clearly was in a critical situation, they should have had an on line real doctor talk to me rather than having some tech who wouldn’t say anything else to me. Nonetheless, without doubt saved my life.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your experience with Janet. We are so happy to hear that you followed up with your doctor after our screening and had a successful surgery. We appreciate the feedback you shared very much and will discuss it internally.

Original review: March 25, 2022

Everybody was telling me to get my carotid artery and see if there were any blockages. I had it checked with Life Line and there were slight blockages from what they could see on their pictures. It was a good screening thing and it was a good thing to go through for me for my own knowledge. Life Line seemed like a good company and my experience with them was interesting. The people were nice and they seemed to know what they were doing. They were all professionals.

You get in line and you fill out the forms. You sit there and you wait until your name’s called. They tell you, “Okay, we're going to do this test. We're going to put this here and we're going to look at your veins and see if there are any blockages.” They explained what they were doing and they were very gentle. I did another test checking bone density. My bones are very strong. They were worried about the little blockage. The process was non-invasive. They were quick with the results and getting it back to me. The appointment time was X and within 20 minutes at the most, I was in to see them. I'm happy with them. In another five years, I'll go back and I’ll take another picture and see if there's anything wrong.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you chose Life Line Screening for peace of mind or early detection.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Life Line Screening sends me too many notices. Their right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing, because I would just have tested and they would send me a notice to test. The last time I went, one of the ladies evidently had a problem getting one of the carotid arteries, reading it from the machine. She tried and tried and ran around with it, sensor all over my neck. Finally, she called another lady over and she did the same thing but she didn't take near as long and the test was over. So, I knew this other lady was probably still in training. And everybody has to learn. That was why I went and had it done again at the hospital. To see if I got the same result.

And I realize that people have to be trained, but if you're in training, the people that are training you should be there with you. But they were somewhere else. She couldn't get it so she had to call somebody over that was somewhere else. That's the only thing I felt was a little odd. Other than that, it's a very good service. I'm a dentist and I recommend Life Line to some of my patients, especially if they’re showing that they may have a problem, like shortness of breath, because I check everything. I've been a dentist for 50 years and I try to be observant and see if I can help other things besides teeth.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your feedback Ron. Many people appreciate our letters as reminders to book their appointment. We are always striving to provide an excellent experience and will discuss your feedback internally. Thank you for having a screening with us.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

I do Life Line Screening every year. They're nice people. Usually, they tell me consult one doctor. One girl told me I need to eat more vegetables. Every time I went to my doctor, my cholesterol was high. When I go to the Life Line screening, it's normal. I don't have to take cholesterol medicine.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the 5 star review! We're so glad our events are part of your preventive health routine, thank you for being a repeat participant.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I did carotid artery and aneurysm screening. My wife had scanning for osteoporosis and peripheral artery disease for the legs. We're satisfied with the results. They are helpful. We had a good experience.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the 5 star review! We're so glad you and your wife came to our event for your preventive health screening. We also appreciate the feedback you shared.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I had a medical screening done on my heart through Life Line. They're a little slow. Their appointments don't mean anything.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the positive review! We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any delays. We're so glad you chose Life Line Screening for your preventive health screening.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I did the carotid artery screening through Life Line. I also did the aorta and the blood pressure. The Life Line techs were very nice. Hopefully, they knew what they were doing.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the positive review and for visiting our location for your preventive health screening. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Everything went well with Life Line. We did a general screening, and we had an appointment but it kind of took a little while to get us in. The results seem to be competent though and I was comfortable during the process. My husband had just a slight issue. He has the aortic aneurysm thing, but his is on the mouth. I did share that with our primary care doctor as soon as we got the results. We're glad that we found the aortic aneurysm. It's not anything bad right now, but they've got it in his folder and our family doctor said he'd be doing something every year to keep a check.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the 5 star review! We're thrilled that you and your husband visited our screening and received peace of mind or early detection. Be well!

Life Line Screening Company Information