Call toll free
4.63/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Life Line Screening has served some 8 million people since its inception more than twenty years ago. The company provides preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls, and libraries. Each of their sixty teams serves a specific geographic area, setting up each day in a different location, much like a mobile MASH unit or a blood drive.

Life Line Screening Video
Life Line Screening Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with certain risk factors. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

PROS

• Available in 100+ cities
  • Variety of tests available
  • Affordable

CONS

• May not be covered by insurance

Top Life Line Screening Reviews

06/13/2019

The price of Life Line Screening was reasonable. Their people were nice and professional. They won’t make you feel nervous about anything. They checked the chest, heart and blood pressure, then the legs and the neck. You whiz in and out of there in an hour.

06/09/2019

Every year, I look forward to the Life Line screening. The tech is very good. He goes through all the necessary tests and gave a result. I [know] what I need to do to make any adjustments in my life. It's excellent. I recommend a lot of my friends to go and do the test, and they do.

What is Life Line Screening?

Life Line Screening provides preventive health screenings for a variety of medical conditions and concerns with services geared toward adults over 50. Screenings are available for heart, liver, kidney, bone and joint health, as well as cancer, stroke and diabetes risk, among others.

Life Line Screening locations

Life Line Screening has locations in over 100 cities in the U.S. You can use the “find a location” tool on their website to enter your zip code and find one nearest you.

Life Line Screening Cost

The popular "6 for Life" Health Screening costs $79 and assesses your risk factors for developing heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer.

Life Line Screening tests

Screenings are available in the categories of heart disease and stroke, liver, kidney and diabetes, cancer, bone and joint, and general wellness. You can find a full list of the screening panels they offer below. Life Line Screening’s tests are non-invasive and performed via ultrasound, blood work or EKG.

Heart Disease and Stroke
  • Wellness Panel Plus - Women
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Testosterone Deficiency

Life Line Screening preparation

You will receive preparation instructions for the screening(s) you select; but generally, you’ll be required to fast for a certain number of hours prior to the exam. They recommend you wear loose clothing to your appointment and avoid any oils or lotion on the skin.

Life Line Screening results

The goal of Life Line Screening is to provide people with early detection and prevention. Most results are designed to help you understand your risk factors for specific diseases and conditions, like cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer and osteoporosis. Understanding your risk factors for these common yet devastating diseases can be instrumental in the prevention and the maintenance of your overall health.

Life Line Screening FAQ

Is Life Line Screening legitimate?
Yes. Life Line Screening is a legitimate company providing community-based health screenings. Life Line Screenings will show you your risk factors for certain conditions, but it can’t replace your doctor. To get the most out of a health screening, you’ll want your tests analyzed by your primary care physician. You should always continue to consult your doctor about how to prevent disease.
Is Life Line Screening covered by insurance?
Many preventative health screenings are not covered by insurance. You’ll want to check with your provider to be sure.

Is Life Line Screening worth it?

Life Line Screenings provides affordable health screenings to the public. Life Line Screening reviews mention the ease and affordability of the service, as well as the friendliness of the staff. Whether or not a life screen is worth the money will be a personal decision. Health screenings can show you your risk factors for common disease and potentially help with early detection, but not all tests are created equal. The US Preventative Screenings Task Force lays out which screenings they think are worthwhile, and which aren’t. However, for peace of mind, a simple screening can make it worth the time and investment. If you’re working in tandem with your doctor, preventative health screenings can be a good tool.

16 Life Line Screening Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 13, 2019

It gives information regarding heart, stroke, diabetes, blood pressure, weight to height obesity among other things so it helps me have peace of mind for a very reasonable price compared to the cost of going to a doctor. Wait times are not what I would like but short enough. I might suggest that the appointments be scheduled with those who are still working in mind versus those who are are retired to allow those who are working to have a shorter wait time.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2019

My wife and I went to get a second Life Line Screening to determine any changes to the first screening. We provide this screening to our family doctor to help improve the health evaluation and determine if any further steps needs to be taken to maintain good health. This screening is very helpful in early detection of any issues so positive steps can be taken early on before major health problems occur. We are both retired and recommend this screening for other families that are interested in maintaining good health.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I’ve had three tests with Life Line. The last time I was there, it was a little crowded and had to wait quite a while. There were technical problems with their computers. The thing with Life Line is they have to operate in kind of odd quarters many times. They don’t have their own place so they go anywhere they can find space. They have to make do with what they have. The biggest problem was the long wait. I waited for two hours. Everybody was very nice about it though. But my results were very good. I got an okay from my family doctor before I took the tests and she said that was fine to do. Life Line was consistent with everything I knew about myself so they were fine. Their people were all very helpful. My blood pressure was pretty high that day and they were very concerned.

Original review: June 9, 2019

The price of Life Line Screening was reasonable. Their people were nice and professional. They won’t make you feel nervous about anything. You go in there, fill out the form then sit and wait. They checked the chest, heart and blood pressure, then the legs and the neck. The process didn’t take very long at all, just a few minutes for each test they did. You whiz in and out of there in an hour.

They said I had a moderate blockage in my neck, so I went back to my regular doctor. And she sent me for more tests because they didn’t really specify which side of the neck so I had to go take the test again. I never knew anything about my neck until I had that done and I think everybody should do it. I imagine it could save lives if you get it done soon enough, to find out things you need to find out. I’d recommend Life Line Screening.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Life Line Screening advertised and sent me brochures, and I just picked them. I don’t believe in medicals but I like to have tests done. I like the idea that I will know. If something happens, they will let me know right away, which they do. The bill was a little bit high for what you get and because I don’t believe in doctors, but maybe it’s due to the technology. The experience with Life Line was good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Original review: July 15, 2019

Would be nice if they would ever send me the report they indicated I was to receive after the testing was completed. I'd have a better feeling about my experience. Right now all I have is my receipt for what I originally paid and some blood work results which were provided at the site. Oh well…. maybe one of these days I'll get the results.

Original review: July 13, 2019

The experience was as expected based on previous visits. The staff was courteous and professional. Everything was performed on time and according to procedure. I would recommend the Life Line testing to others. I will sign up again next year for suggested tests.

Original review: July 1, 2019

My husband and I joined and got our 2 certificates for free carotid artery scan to give to friends, whatever. I sent my to my sister in San Antonio. (Asked if they could use and you folks said yes...) My sister has been trying to contact for a few weeks and NO ONE will call her back...? What gives?

Original review: June 22, 2019

I heard about Life Line Screening on TV and I made a phone call. They told me where to go. The staff was efficient and seemed to know what they were doing. They were in and out of there. Plus, they told me why they were doing everything they did. I was excited about the results that I was doing pretty good. I came out smelling like a rose.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I saw Life Line advertised on TV and decided it was something I wanted to try. The reps were very friendly and helpful. Things also turned out well and it is very comforting to find out that everything is okay.

Original review: June 19, 2019

We get this advertisement by mail and that mainly got our attention to Life Line. I decided it’s the safety thing to do. The screening techs seemed to be knowledgeable and the experience was very satisfactory. We had good results but I went to my doctor later and they did not take Life Line Screening for the final verdict. But they did their own screening and they found that Life Line was correct.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I thought I needed preventive screening done and I had my aorta tested. There were a few other tests and my experience with the screening tech was very good. She was very good in making me feel comfortable during the screening process. Then she got right out on the ball. I had an aneurism and she called down Syracuse. It was critical. It was bad news but Life Line Screening did a good job.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I wanna make sure that everything is okay so I decided to go with preventative screening. I went with Life Line Screening because it’s closest to where I live. They were very nice. When I asked questions, they were very professional. They made me feel very comfortable. We had a good time. I'd recommend them anytime.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Life Line Screening sent me something in the mail then I did a preventative screening with them and the quality was great. It was a perfect timing for me to go in and do it and it probably kept me alive. Recently they called and wanted to know what my feelings were about the whole thing and I thought that it was good.

Original review: June 7, 2019

The technicians at Life Line Screening did a good job. They impressed me by the way they were dealing with us. They were professional and explained the instructions. I had about five screenings with them. The quality and the set up was nice and everything was excellent. I hope they keep up the good work and send flyers out to everybody else so more people can get the screening. I'll recommend them to anybody.

Life Line Screening Company Information