2. Miscellaneous
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.16/5

For over 20 years, Life Line Screening has provided preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls and libraries. Its sixty mobile teams work to assess patient risk and scan for a number of conditions such as atrial fibrillation, Type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

Life Line Screening Video
Life Line Screening Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with risk factors for heart, liver, kidney, and bone and joint diseases. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

PROS

• Available in 100+ cities
  • Variety of tests available
  • Affordable

CONS

• May not be covered by insurance

Top Life Line Screening Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

The price of Life Line Screening was reasonable. Their people were nice and professional. They won’t make you feel nervous about anything. They checked the chest, heart and blood pressure, then the legs and the neck. You whiz in and out of there in an hour.

Every year, I look forward to the Life Line screening. The tech is very good. He goes through all the necessary tests and gave a result. I [know] what I need to do to make any adjustments in my life. It's excellent. I recommend a lot of my friends to go and do the test, and they do.

Life Line Screening Call Now Toll Free (800) 718-0961 Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

What is Life Line Screening?

Life Line Screening provides preventive health screenings for a variety of medical conditions and concerns with services geared toward adults over 50. Screenings are available for heart, liver, kidney, bone and joint health, as well as cancer, stroke, and diabetes risk, among others.

Life Line Screening tests

Screenings are available for heart disease and stroke, liver function, kidney and diabetes, cancer, bone and joint issues, and general wellness. You can find a full list of the screening panels they offer below. Life Line Screening’s tests are non-invasive and performed via ultrasound, blood work or EKG.

Heart Disease and Stroke
  • Wellness Panel Plus - Women
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Testosterone Deficiency

Life Line Screening preparation

Patients receive preparation instructions for the specific screening(s) they select. The most common requirement is to not eat for a certain number of hours prior to the exam. Screenings are non-invasive and don’t require you to remove any clothing, but Life Line Screening does recommend you wear loose clothing to your appointment and avoid any oils or lotion on your skin.

Life Line Screening results

You may receive some of your test results at the screening. The remaining results, which a board-certified physician reviews, arrive in your mail within 21 days. Most results are designed to help you understand your risk factors for specific diseases and conditions, like cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer and osteoporosis.

Understanding your risk factors for these common yet devastating diseases can be instrumental in their prevention and the maintenance of your overall health.

Is Life Line Screening worth it?

Life Line Screenings provides affordable health screenings to the public. Life Line Screening reviews mention the ease and affordability of the service, as well as the friendliness of the staff.

Health screenings can show you your risk factors for common disease and potentially help with early detection, but not all tests are created equal. The US Preventative Screenings Task Force lays out which screenings it thinks are worthwhile and which aren’t. However, for peace of mind, a simple screening can make it worth the time and investment. If you’re working in tandem with your doctor, preventative health screenings can be a good tool.

Life Line Screening FAQ

How much does Life Line Screening cost?
While the price of each screening differs, the popular "6 for Life" Health Screening costs $79 and assesses your risk factors for developing heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer.
How do I find a Life Line Screening near me?
Life Line Screening travels to over 100 cities in the U.S. throughout the year. You can use the Find a Screening tool on its website to enter your ZIP code and find the one nearest you.
Is Life Line Screening legitimate?
Yes. Life Line Screening is a legitimate company providing community-based health screenings. Life Line Screenings shows your risk factors for certain conditions, but it can’t replace your doctor.

To get the most out of a health screening, get your tests analyzed by your primary care physician. You should always continue to consult your doctor about how to prevent disease.

Is Life Line Screening covered by insurance?
Many preventative health screenings are not covered by insurance. You’ll want to check with your provider to be sure.

Life Line Screening Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Life Line Screening's technicians are super. They're polite, kind, they do their business and if there's a big long line, they're gonna be precise and not hem-haw around. If they have extra lenient time, like some of the time if there's spaces, they seem to be a little more at ease and may ask, "How you doing?" They're really good. They do their job and they get after it.

They ask you if you want any of the extra testing. They were super during the COVID this last time because they were making sure we were not too close together. There were several of us, so they did good. I took my results to my family doctor so that they could make note of anything and they were pleased with the results so was I. It's very affordable as well. I was very satisfied. I have recommended Life Line Screening to a couple of people, and they also attended.

Life Line Screening response

First of all Sharon, thank you for your review and recommending Life Line Screening to your loved ones! We are glad to hear it was an efficient process and you felt safe and cared for. You did the right thing by sharing your results with your doctor so that s/he can guide you with next steps. We hope that you'll think of us next year and schedule a screening.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

My primary care physician suggested a preventative screening done because it was affordable and thought it was a good screening method. Everybody at Life Line was very friendly and nice. We didn't have to wait long. We were in and out of there within an hour. We were very satisfied with that time frame. We had heard from other friends who had gone to Life Line Screening in nearby town that they had to wait a long time, and we didn't have to.

The osteoporosis test, testing your lower leg doesn't seem thorough and that was one of the things the primary care physician said that out of all the tests, that was what she didn't put a lot of stock in. I know several of my friends have had problems with osteoporosis. As you get older, that becomes more and more of an issue. And I think that is something that needs to be screen. But other than that, everything seemed to be good. I was interested in the cardio part because in general annual visits, they don't do a lot with that, at least with somebody my age. My parents both had heart health problems and that's something I wanna keep up on. That was one of the reasons I did the Life Line Screening in the first place. I wanted to have things checked out, for potential aortic aneurysm.

Life Line Screening response

Amanda -- thanks for the feedback! We're glad you had a good experience with Life Line Screening and are happy to hear that your primary care physician recommended these preventative screenings. The osteoporosis screening is simple but effective and helpful, and we're happy to offer it. It's definitely something that can become more of an issue as you age. You're absolutely right that cardiovascular screenings are an important part of preventative health, so we hope to see you again next year!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I had preventive screening done before with Life Line, and this time, I got three screenings done. The screening technicians were really good and they made me feel very relaxed. I was just put off with the receptionist. It seemed like she was a little rude to the lady ahead of me. The lady came in early and the receptionist just said, “Well, you just have to wait,” because she was busy on her phone. I understand that it was maybe her lunch hour and she can do whatever she wants, but she should always be polite no matter what. She could've just said, “Please give me a second, I’ll be right with you.” It bothered me that she was rude to the lady. But after that, the waiting time was fine. The only mix up was that, when I set up to do bloodwork, I was told I had to fast, but when I got there, they told me that I didn’t have to. The screening results made me feel good because I’m fine at where I’m at. I don’t have to worry, take any further test or change anything.

Life Line Screening response

Thanks so much for your feedback, Althea. We're glad the experience was comfortable and your results made you feel secure! We always strive to provide excellent customer service and regret that it wasn't the case with the receptionist during your visit. Your feedback will be forwarded to our supervisor to make sure it isn't repeated.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I'm 45 and something was happening to half of my friends. I was freaking out. I had to get checked out. But I don't really have a doctor and I'm not really sick. My husband did the screening years ago and I remembered the name. Life Line Screening is a great screening process to start and I looked it up online, scheduled and went. The experience was wonderful. I did the thighs, the abdominal ultrasound, the EKG and the carotid – that package – and the techs were very friendly. They didn't say much but I know they can't because I'm a technician myself. And no, it was really nice. The only thing is that the location was not so clean. But I know they have to be mobile and they gotta choose their location so it's all good.

The only other thing is that I wish we got a full report so that we can bring it to the doctor. All we got was saying where you fall in the zone. I would have liked the printout of the ultrasound or the readings of the carotid. It would be nice to get the actual report in the event you can compare it later with your doctor or if there was something abnormal, you could have taken it to the doctor instead of then repeating it for hundreds and thousands of dollars over because you don't have the report. But the overall screening was very good. In fact, I've already been recommending them to people.

Life Line Screening response

Agnes, We’re delighted to read your positive feedback about Life Line Screening!! Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We aim to provide the best cardio vascular screening service for each customer!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

My mother was in the hospital when Colorado City had their health fair, and a Life Line Screening display was there. I went around, and there was a young man there, and I talked to him. I decided that it was something that I needed to do. I've had several done. After I got signed up with Life Line, they would send me something every time they were gonna be close to where I lived. And then moved over here in San Angelo, and I got a letter, and they were gonna be here. So, I went to it and I got a screening. Their techs have always been really good. My mother had a stroke and my dad had a heart attack. I kinda got them both, so I try to keep with Life Line Screening.

I recommend Life Line Screening all the time. They did my carotid arteries for the stroke, and they found something. But it wasn't in my carotid. My thyroid was picking something up. So, they sent me a letter that I could take to my doctor. They did a thyroid scan, and I have a cyst on my thyroid. We found that through Life Line Screening. I've had several tests done on that. And each time that I do it, and the last time I did it, my carotid started to kinda show some buildup in them. So, I will keep that checked as often as I can.

Life Line Screening response

Barbara, We’re delighted to read your feedback about Life Line Screening!! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the best cardiovascular screening services at convenient locations nation wide.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I have a cousin who works out all the time. He is never ill and never goes to the doctor. He went to Life Line Screening and they found an abdominal aortic aneurysm. he was taken to the hospital and ended up with aneurysm repair. My husband and I went with Life Line as well and the techniques they used were fine. The building that they had their facility in was old though and not kept up very well. We're currently following up on the suggestions they gave us which included a bone density test for osteoporosis for me and an ultrasound of my husband's carotid artery.

Life Line Screening response

Delphine, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and family's story with others. We love hearing real-life experiences about how Life Line Screening makes a difference in people's lives. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Everybody at Life Line was really nice and professional. They had their masks on and they had hand sanitizer. Everything was being wiped down. I sat six feet from other people waiting to be seen and things were handled very well. I got the five package deal from them and it was very beneficial for me. Life Line provides a very good service. If people have concerns about their health because of family, it's a good thing to be able to access as a resource.

Life Line Screening response

Thanks, Yolanda! We greatly appreciate the kind words and are happy to be your preventative health partner. It's always an excellent idea to be proactive when it comes to your cardiovascular wellness. We're glad to hear you felt safe and cared for during these times. Hope to see you again next year!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

My screening at Life Line went very efficiently. This is the third time I've done it and each time has been a very painless and hassle-free process. It's reasonable cost-wise and my doctor recommends it. The techs are friendly and knowledgeable regarding what they're doing. The last time, I did screening for Stroke, AFIB, and peripheral artery disease. Life Line also checked my cholesterol for lipids. So far, my doctor finds the results fairly accurate.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for letting us be a part of your preventative health journey. We're glad to hear it was a hassle-free process and that you shared your Life Line Screening results with your doctor. We hope that you'll think of us next year and schedule a screening!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I've been going to them for quite a while and I'm very satisfied. They explain if you ask a question and they're very nice.

Life Line Screening response

Thanks, Sherrie! We're proud to offer thorough, affordable, and convenient screening services for every customer, and we're so glad you had a positive experience. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

I've been doing Life Line Screening for years and years and it goes exactly as I want it to, so I'm happy. I trusted the results too.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you, Delores! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide a smooth, positive experience and that Life Line Screening was a helpful piece in your personal health assessment.

Life Line Screening Company Information