2. Miscellaneous
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.25/5

For over 20 years, Life Line Screening has provided preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls and libraries. Its sixty mobile teams work to assess patient risk and scan for a number of conditions such as atrial fibrillation, Type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

Life Line Screening Video
Life Line Screening Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with risk factors for heart, liver, kidney, and bone and joint diseases. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

PROS

• Available in 100+ cities
  • Variety of tests available
  • Affordable

CONS

• May not be covered by insurance

Top Life Line Screening Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

The price of Life Line Screening was reasonable. Their people were nice and professional. They won’t make you feel nervous about anything. They checked the chest, heart and blood pressure, then the legs and the neck. You whiz in and out of there in an hour.

Every year, I look forward to the Life Line screening. The tech is very good. He goes through all the necessary tests and gave a result. I [know] what I need to do to make any adjustments in my life. It's excellent. I recommend a lot of my friends to go and do the test, and they do.

Life Line Screening Call Now Toll Free (800) 718-0961 Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

What is Life Line Screening?

Life Line Screening provides preventive health screenings for a variety of medical conditions and concerns with services geared toward adults over 50. Screenings are available for heart, liver, kidney, bone and joint health, as well as cancer, stroke, and diabetes risk, among others.

Life Line Screening tests

Screenings are available for heart disease and stroke, liver function, kidney and diabetes, cancer, bone and joint issues, and general wellness. You can find a full list of the screening panels they offer below. Life Line Screening’s tests are non-invasive and performed via ultrasound, blood work or EKG.

Heart Disease and Stroke
  • Wellness Panel Plus - Women
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Testosterone Deficiency

Life Line Screening preparation

Patients receive preparation instructions for the specific screening(s) they select. The most common requirement is to not eat for a certain number of hours prior to the exam. Screenings are non-invasive and don’t require you to remove any clothing, but Life Line Screening does recommend you wear loose clothing to your appointment and avoid any oils or lotion on your skin.

Life Line Screening results

You may receive some of your test results at the screening. The remaining results, which a board-certified physician reviews, arrive in your mail within 21 days. Most results are designed to help you understand your risk factors for specific diseases and conditions, like cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer and osteoporosis.

Understanding your risk factors for these common yet devastating diseases can be instrumental in their prevention and the maintenance of your overall health.

Is Life Line Screening worth it?

Life Line Screenings provides affordable health screenings to the public. Life Line Screening reviews mention the ease and affordability of the service, as well as the friendliness of the staff.

Health screenings can show you your risk factors for common disease and potentially help with early detection, but not all tests are created equal. The US Preventative Screenings Task Force lays out which screenings it thinks are worthwhile and which aren’t. However, for peace of mind, a simple screening can make it worth the time and investment. If you’re working in tandem with your doctor, preventative health screenings can be a good tool.

Life Line Screening FAQ

How much does Life Line Screening cost?
While the price of each screening differs, the popular "6 for Life" Health Screening costs $79 and assesses your risk factors for developing heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer.
How do I find a Life Line Screening near me?
Life Line Screening travels to over 100 cities in the U.S. throughout the year. You can use the Find a Screening tool on its website to enter your ZIP code and find the one nearest you.
Is Life Line Screening legitimate?
Yes. Life Line Screening is a legitimate company providing community-based health screenings. Life Line Screenings shows your risk factors for certain conditions, but it can’t replace your doctor.

To get the most out of a health screening, get your tests analyzed by your primary care physician. You should always continue to consult your doctor about how to prevent disease.

Is Life Line Screening covered by insurance?
Many preventative health screenings are not covered by insurance. You’ll want to check with your provider to be sure.

Life Line Screening Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Life Line Screening's technicians are super. They're polite, kind, they do their business and if there's a big long line, they're gonna be precise and not hem-haw around. If they have extra lenient time, like some of the time if there's spaces, they seem to be a little more at ease and may ask, "How you doing?" They're really good. They do their job and they get after it.

They ask you if you want any of the extra testing. They were super during the COVID this last time because they were making sure we were not too close together. There were several of us, so they did good. I took my results to my family doctor so that they could make note of anything and they were pleased with the results so was I. It's very affordable as well. I was very satisfied. I have recommended Life Line Screening to a couple of people, and they also attended.

Life Line Screening response

First of all Sharon, thank you for your review and recommending Life Line Screening to your loved ones! We are glad to hear it was an efficient process and you felt safe and cared for. You did the right thing by sharing your results with your doctor so that s/he can guide you with next steps. We hope that you'll think of us next year and schedule a screening.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I was very satisfied with Life Line Screening. They've been after me for the last six years since the last time I had it, and I went, "You know what, I'm gonna be 75 this year. Let's do it." I wanna know that everything's clean, and they're the ones who can tell me that. The staff was great. They kept everything private. They kept everything clean. They kept using the sanitizer and they kept asking me questions that were important. They were personal in the sense that I didn't feel like I just went in, they put it to me, they took it off and they sent me over to the next table. They escorted me and asked me if I was okay. They were very concerned and that feels good. As far as the results, I came through clean. With my knowledge of how the ultrasound and everything works, it was great. They covered everything.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the review, Mary! We appreciate it when customers like you take the time to share their feedback. We're thrilled to hear about your great experience with Life Line Screening and that the screenings helped put you at ease. These preventative screenings are an important part of overall cardiovascular health and we're glad we could help! Happy (early) 75th Birthday!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

My primary care physician suggested a preventative screening done because it was affordable and thought it was a good screening method. Everybody at Life Line was very friendly and nice. We didn't have to wait long. We were in and out of there within an hour. We were very satisfied with that time frame. We had heard from other friends who had gone to Life Line Screening in nearby town that they had to wait a long time, and we didn't have to.

The osteoporosis test, testing your lower leg doesn't seem thorough and that was one of the things the primary care physician said that out of all the tests, that was what she didn't put a lot of stock in. I know several of my friends have had problems with osteoporosis. As you get older, that becomes more and more of an issue. And I think that is something that needs to be screen. But other than that, everything seemed to be good. I was interested in the cardio part because in general annual visits, they don't do a lot with that, at least with somebody my age. My parents both had heart health problems and that's something I wanna keep up on. That was one of the reasons I did the Life Line Screening in the first place. I wanted to have things checked out, for potential aortic aneurysm.

Life Line Screening response

Amanda -- thanks for the feedback! We're glad you had a good experience with Life Line Screening and are happy to hear that your primary care physician recommended these preventative screenings. The osteoporosis screening is simple but effective and helpful, and we're happy to offer it. It's definitely something that can become more of an issue as you age. You're absolutely right that cardiovascular screenings are an important part of preventative health, so we hope to see you again next year!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I had preventive screening done before with Life Line, and this time, I got three screenings done. The screening technicians were really good and they made me feel very relaxed. I was just put off with the receptionist. It seemed like she was a little rude to the lady ahead of me. The lady came in early and the receptionist just said, “Well, you just have to wait,” because she was busy on her phone. I understand that it was maybe her lunch hour and she can do whatever she wants, but she should always be polite no matter what. She could've just said, “Please give me a second, I’ll be right with you.” It bothered me that she was rude to the lady. But after that, the waiting time was fine. The only mix up was that, when I set up to do bloodwork, I was told I had to fast, but when I got there, they told me that I didn’t have to. The screening results made me feel good because I’m fine at where I’m at. I don’t have to worry, take any further test or change anything.

Life Line Screening response

Thanks so much for your feedback, Althea. We're glad the experience was comfortable and your results made you feel secure! We always strive to provide excellent customer service and regret that it wasn't the case with the receptionist during your visit. Your feedback will be forwarded to our supervisor to make sure it isn't repeated.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

When I walked in, there was no sign-in sheet. They just said, "Have a seat." They didn't ask my name. I had a seat, and then they called people up that got there after me. But I had an appointment. So, it was very confusing, and people started saying, "Did you forget me? Did you forget me?" Because apparently, there were some people that had been there longer than me. They need to put a sign-in sheet so that they could take people in the order they come in, except for appointments, and then walk-ins would be worked in. That makes perfectly good sense to me. If they would fix the check-in process, it'd be better for their people and for their patients. But the results were fine and I took them to my doctor. It might help if people were notified about the additional testing that they offer. If more information was given on that, they may have more participants.

Life Line Screening response

Carla - We appreciate the honest feedback and greatly apologize that the process wasn't smoother on the day you screened. We always strive to provide the best possible service for our customers at Life Line Screening, and we'll make sure your comments are routed to the appropriate team members. Thank you for the helpful review, and we're glad your screening results were good!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

We've been doing Life Line for many years and they were not well organized. We would wait a long time sometimes. But the last few times, they're much better organized. They get us right in and right out. Also, I've never had a negative experience with any of the little technicians that we had. That's why we keep going back every year. I'm pretty pleased with it.

Life Line Screening response

Lanny and Mrs. Lyle, thank you for taking the time to share about your experiences with Life Line Screening and for your trust over the years. We're thankful for your feedback and happy to know your experiences have been so pleasant. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

My experience was very uneventful. I just went in, got the test done, and left. The quality of the results was fine.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for the review, Steve! We're glad to hear it was a smooth experience.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Last year, I was told my artery is about 50% or a little more plugged and I thought that I better keep checking it. Life Line helped me. I was glad I went and found this or it could have been bad.

Life Line Screening response

Emanuel, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and personal story with others. We love hearing real-life experiences about how Life Line Screening makes a difference in people's preventative health journeys. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

My husband got some information on Life Line. He started going and then I started going. Their receptionist is nice and the techs are good. The results go online and then they go right to our doctor and she can see it.

Life Line Screening response

Hi Debbie! Thanks so much for sharing about your experience with Life Line Screenings. We're so glad to hear you and your husband had a smooth experience and that you shared your results with your doctors! That's the right thing so they're able to guide you on any next steps needed. We hope to see you both next year for your next screenings.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I had some illness before and we've done a preventative screening. I had some different scans and stuff made. The techs from Life Line are good and nice. They did about three screenings this last time that I went. I just take them and then they send me a copy of it. I send them to my doctor and he said it looks good to him.

Life Line Screening response

Douglas, thanks for your review and also with your business! We're glad to hear it was a pleasant experience and you shared your Life Line Screenings results with your doctor so he can guide you with any next steps. We hope to see you again in the future!

Life Line Screening Company Information