4.3/5 (68 ratings)

About Life Line Screening

For over 20 years, Life Line Screening has provided preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls and libraries. Its sixty mobile teams work to assess patient risk and scan for a number of conditions such as atrial fibrillation, Type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

Pros

• Available in 100+ cities
    • Variety of tests available
    • Affordable

Cons

• May not be covered by insurance

Bottom Line

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with risk factors for heart, liver, kidney, and bone and joint diseases. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

Life Line Screening Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

It was a good experience and the technicians were very professional. They discovered something that led me to go see my doctor and get on some maintenance medication to take care of it. I'm glad I went.

Julie,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to serve you!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I got screwed on Life Line Screening. I went in to have my screenings done. They refused to do two of them because I had a stroke. They said I'd be reimbursed, and I never was. The techs were very professional until this past year. Also, my doctor wasn't as impressed as I was with the quality of the results I get. She says that they don't give a good percentage on the reading of my arteries being clogged.

Hi Toni,

Your review has been received and one of our customer service members will follow-up with you soon. Thank you and have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

The techs were all very nice. When I got into each section, they were nice to me and treated me well. I had a heart reading and screening for cancer, bone, stroke and my joints. They also did a blood test and checked my kidney function. My carotid artery had indicated that it was not in good shape. So I went to the doctor and I got a test done. And my carotid artery was okay. He said it was a little bit blocked, but it took me 68 years to get there and it was not something to panic about. So Life Line wasn't lying about that but it didn't mean I better get into the hospital to get it fixed. I recommend Life Line to anybody. But if any results they get from their tests is to bring that result to your doctor, get that retested.

Deborah,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to serve you!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

Life Line screening has a much more reasonable price than going to the hospital and having preventative screening done. I've always had wonderful techs. They did the ultrasound on my neck and they also did a heart thing. They also screened for kidney disease, carotid artery disease and checked my body mass index. I took my results to my doctor when I went. He's happy I had them done.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I felt good about the techs who helped. They were very informative and efficient. You should go into Life Line screening. Any information is good.

Patricia,

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are happy to serve you!

Original review: June 11, 2021

I paid for a series of medical screenings. I get there - they added more tests. I paid twice for the same test and they will not refund me back my money. They also added on a test that I didn’t agree too. I did get that refund. Not please how they scam. Don’t recommend. Your prime doctor will do the same test.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Updated on 06/07/2021: Two months of anguish trying to get this company to return the money they stole from me, they only returned half. Please talk to your doctor before considering using this company. You don't deserve the anguish they have put us through. Remember your Doctor knows best what screening you need. Please check out the Cleveland B.B.B. Many complaints like mine. They are doing their best for us.

Original review: I always felt this company was suspect when two doctors would not even look at the results of this company. That said, the following is proof of a scam company. After I paid my commitment for nothing, they stole over $200.00 from me.. My stupid fault. This company continued to charge my card for one year at 19.95 per month. I had no idea they were doing this and they just kept stealing until my caretaker found it. After numerous e-mails and phone calls wanting to know why they were stealing from my card, they would not contact me and the phone calls were left on lengthy waiting with no results and no concern, just like any other day to them.

I contacted the BBB in the city of Cleveland Ohio where this finally got at least a response. The BBB are still working on this matter for me along with many others. The BBB has over 310 complaints in the last three years. This is terrible. Please check the BBB and other complaint mediums. My credit card company did a chargeback for four months the farthest they could go back. I am going to have to go into the fraud department to get the rest. Bottom line don't put yourself into the position I'm in right now. Lots of work trying to have them return stolen money. Just let your doctor order the procedures you require. I'm not going to tell you to stay away from this company but I can recommend you check their references and consult with your doctor. if you check their references you will have information to make an important medical decision.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Staff is very unfriendly and do not explain the procedures. When they call your name, they are looking at their computer the entire time. They never make eye contact and bark out orders. 2) They use the same plastic covered pillow for all patients. To protect the spread of lice, they apply one paper towel that does not cover the pillow. The plastic pillows are wrinkled and distasteful. 3) Lobby music is appropriate for the younger generation and not appropriate for the clientele. 4) Life Line Screening lack ALL customer service recommendations. 5) Because Life Line Screening is so inattentive to basic customer service rules, it does bring into question their work ethic. We will take the Life Line Screening results with a grain of salt. 6) Unable to talk to anyone at Life Line Screening customer service line. Waited 10 minutes before hanging up. Save your money - Don't go to Life Line Screening!

Original review: April 16, 2021

My Mother has been doing this for a few years now, and swore by it. She was able to talk my Aunt into having it done, and they found an Aortic aneurysm, Her Doctor watched it for a few months, and then performed a successful surgery!! This screening literally saved her life! I only wish it had been around years ago, as this same thing is what my Dear GrandMother died from at the young age of 64. I have had the screening done now myself and Highly recommend it!!

Original review: March 30, 2021

I never really got the answers to the results of my test. That could be better. Other than that, everything was good. It all worked out with Life Line.

Original review: March 25, 2021

We love Life Line Screening. We’ve been doing it for maybe 20 years and we’ve told all our friends and family, so we all go. Our children have it done and then, they tell everybody. The techs are always wonderful, very polite and thorough. The results are excellent. They found my husband’s carotid problem. Then, we went to NYU in New York and we saw the top man there. Once he did the same tests that Lifeline did, they came out identical.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Life Line Screening detected a total blockage of one of my husband's carotid arteries. We made an appointment right away with the vascular surgeon, who then told us that it wasn't life-threatening at this point and sent us on our way, which was good. But it gave us a baseline. My husband is now in touch with a vascular surgeon on a regular basis because of that. I'm very glad that we had the Life Line.

The staff was very helpful. But it was messed up because with the pandemic and the situation last fall, and they were getting super booked up. And then, they had staff shortages. I said, “You have to get me this appointment. ‘Cause we're going to Florida.” The lady I talked to went out of her way to make sure she got us that that day that we wanted. Because they called us and they were going to cancel because one of their people hadn’t shown up. Other than that, I would recommend Life Line to other people because it does check certain things. We see our doctor every six months all the time, and she's on top of everything normally. But the Life Line was a little extra thing that she would have missed it. So, it worked out.

Original review: March 22, 2021

My husband had a stroke. I wanted to make sure I was healthy. I got checked out and Life Line did a very thorough job. They checked all the major arteries and the process was painless. We went from station to station and there was no waiting. Every place we went to had a different technician and they were very polite. They explained what they were going to do and did it. The results were right on. All my veins are clear.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're glad you had a positive experience at our screening!

Original review: March 21, 2021

I tried to do a screening once a year because it lets me know if I'm getting clogged again. I had open heart surgery already. This is the second year in a row I've done the screening to check my veins. Everything was good.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I went through the Life Line Screening and I got the solutions back. They did a professional job. The first time I used it was 10 years ago and at one time, they saved my life because they caught a problem I had no idea I had. And so, I'm a firm believer in it. They keep sending me stuff but I just had it done. They keep saying that we should do it again but it just puts me on the list, so it’s okay. Every other year or so, I follow up with a backup. I’ve been blessed with good health but to get the base, I kept it up. I see a heart doctor every year and he would tell me not to waste my money. I told him that he spends 5 minutes with me and Life Line at least spends 10. It’s worth the money.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I saw a screening with Life Line that I didn’t get from my regular doctor. Artery clogging in the neck was something that we weren't following through with the doctors and we weren’t running any kind of tests that would check it so it would be worth it to see if there was any going on. The only thing is that the few locations that I've gone to are all temporary ones.

There are enough space to put chairs and the beds or whatever to lie down on to do the testing on. But I'm not used to that from when I go to see my regular doctor. It wasn't comfort so much as the whole idea of fly-by-night. They move into this and then take your money and go away. There's no permanence in the location or the people that I could go back to, for example, and say that I was here two weeks ago and this is what the result was and to explain it. It was too mobile. But it wasn't uncomfortable. The only thing is that it might have been a little bit cooler than I would have preferred, but that's not a big deal.

For Life Line to do this, one thing that would make it more permanent-seeming would be like what I've seen done with blood pressure. They'll have a mobile blood pressure trailer set up. You go in. lie down on one of the beds that’s there, they do their thing and then, you go out the other end. It's still mobile but it's more permanent-seeming because money was spent to buy the vehicle and to outfit the vehicle with the equipment than to just move in, unload the stuff in the empty room, set it up, and then pack it all up and drive away the next day.

Original review: March 18, 2021

The people from Life Line Screening were all very nice. They sent me information that I needed to know for my appointment. They explained it very well. I was right in and right out, and I did not have to wait. They did a very good job of getting people in and out.

Original review: March 17, 2021

Life Line Screening looked at something with my stomach and I didn’t like that it was a bunch of us in one room. The techs told me to lie on the table and pull my shirt up, and there were two other people in the room. I didn't care for that. A little modicum of privacy would have been nice.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I got the screening done, so dealing with the tech was okay. But Life Line could have given a little bit more information when they started the screening and as they were doing the procedures.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I’ve done the screening each year with Life Line Screening and the techs were very good and competent. The results were helpful and I turned it over to my doctor. They did some follow-up testing from some of the results.

Original review: March 14, 2021

All the techs were great. They made you feel at ease and they explained what they were doing and what they were going to do.

Original review: March 13, 2021

I was having some symptoms of tiredness, et cetera, and I asked my cardiologist nurse about Life Line. She said that they were all certified people and it wouldn't hurt to try them. I was thinking of doing it anyway but she prompted me to do it. At the test site, the lady who did the scan said that it didn't look anything serious. However, when the report came back, it was pretty serious. There were about five screenings altogether. So I got treatment from the cardiologist surgeon and everything was fine. It has improved my life tremendously. So the screening is a good early warning.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Life Line's the only one I've ever gone with. It didn't take me too long to get my screening. They sent me a letter, about five screenings, and I just decided to get those done. The technicians just told me what they were supposed to do and got it over with.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I went to appear to a test because I was concerned and I wanted to know if I had cancer of any kind. They gave a test if I was breathing right, or if my heart was okay, and all that. I passed it with a push. The technicians were super nice too.

Original review: March 10, 2021

I'm about 130 miles away from my primary care physician and other physicians that I see. With COVID, I didn't want to travel that was why I did the screenings. The technicians were friendly. But in comparison to where I get my medical services, they were very young and I didn’t think they had much experience. I didn't feel the outcomes of those were as precise as I would have found. But it was all right for what we were experiencing at the time with COVID. They also had a difficult time on finding a thing. They wanted me to call the doctors right away and were sort of alarmists when there was no need to be.

Original review: March 9, 2021

Life Line Screening is great because they can cover a lot of things and they might pick up something during your screening that the doctor or somebody else might miss. The technicians are so courteous and nice. They try to make us as comfortable as possible. If you were just sitting there doing something, they would talk to you and try to keep you calm. We've had several screenings of this type and in various locations. Whenever they send us out an application for the next screening, we'll probably sign up for it and go for that one too.

Original review: March 8, 2021

They were all professionals and were great. They have a good setup. They send the report in and they give you a report back in. The first time, I knew that when they started running the sensor machine up and down my neck a few times that something must have been plugged. I had a talk with a doctor prior to that and he said, “No, you’re fine.” When I took the report in, he said, “We better get to see a neurologist,” and I had the surgery. So, that was one thing that was good. I was very satisfied with Life Line.

Original review: March 7, 2021

Everything was good with Life Line. It was a good deal. Their techs were also all nice. They did a good job, explained to me what they were gonna do and how they were gonna do it therein. I was happy with it. It may have saved my life by going and doing that, 'cause I had a couple of stents put in back in 2003 and it showed that I've got a little buildup in one of my arteries.

Original review: March 6, 2021

My experience with Life Line was good. However, I was upset that I couldn't get the bone density test. I thought I could get it done there with all the others, so I’d have everything done. But they said since I had my knees replaced, they couldn't do it. They sent me my $20 back. My husband and I also did the preventative screenings up in Wisconsin. They told him he had an aneurysm. So, we should see a doctor. We went to the doctor and they did the testing. They said, “No, there's nothing there. You don't have anything.” Four years later, it ruptured and we almost lost him. I don't know what we could have done. But looking back at it, Life Line Screening was right, we could have saved a lot of grief. He lived, but at first, they didn’t know if he was going to or not. But he made it. But it was awful. I really believe in Life Line because of what happened. I know some people don't and they would say, “You're wasting your money.” But I am not wasting my money.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I had the Lifeline screenings done in 2017 and they sent me back the results. It said that I had a build-up in the arteries. I ignored it. Then, I had a stroke a year and a half later. Since I had the stroke, I had to go for the vascular study every six months. Lifeline is great. For the cost, you get plenty of screenings. It's about as good of a low-cost screening as you're going to get.

Life Line Screening Company Information