3.9/5 (55 ratings)
Get Pricing

About Medical Guardian

Medical Guardian offers medical alert devices and monitoring services. You can choose from a range of devices for at-home and on-the-go use. Its products include mobile devices, home-based systems and a medical alert smartwatch. Medical Guardian offers fall detection as an add-on for every system it sells except the Freedom 2.0 smartwatch, which hasn’t been released at the time of publishing.

Pros

• Month-to-month contracts available
    • Transparent pricing
    • Fall detection available
    • Companion app

Cons

• Upfront fees on some packages
    • No free trial period

Bottom Line

Medical Guardian systems connect to a monitoring center that can send help 24/7. You can get a price break if you opt into an annual billing cycle, but upfront fees are required for some products, such as the Mini Guardian.

Medical Guardian Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I remember to keep my Medical Guardian on. I feel a little safer with it.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I won't recommend Medical Guardian. I don’t know if it’s gonna work when I need it to work and it makes me nervous. The one time I'm gonna use it will probably be the last time and I need it to work 100% of the time, one time. I've been afraid to press the button because I didn't want to dispatch 911 to my mother's house.

I've had it 30 days, maybe even longer. God forbid, if something happened and the thing had failed and I didn't know I should have been testing it, then maybe that's something that somebody should have called the first 10 days after it was shipped to make sure that I got it and we had it set up. The whole purpose of this thing is to help me sleep at night because I have an elderly mother who wants to live by herself. I'm in the service business too. I'm thinking about the process that we use when our clients sign up. We check on them and check on them and check on them to make sure they know what they've got and how to use it. Medical Guardian didn’t say this is a critical product and it's not one to be messed with.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

My daughter got a Medical Guardian device for me. I have the button on me and I've charged it. So far, I have no problem wearing it. It gets me help when I need it and I'd rate it high. I've also used 911 before and I don't have to have the device, but it's good.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I've had five falls wherein three have resulted in injury. My husband found Medical Guardian, and he liked the way it looks. However, the device is not that comfortable. It is a bit big and heavy. Other than that, it's fine. I tested the device and the response was very fast.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I had COVID-19 virus and three days before that, I had my knee replaced. I could hardly walk and breathe. I was in bad shape because that COVID-19 hits your lungs. I was very weak and that's why my girlfriend got Medical Guardian for me for six months. It’s comfortable and setting it up was not long at all. It was very easy. Just plug it in, call them, and that's it. They were very good whenever we called them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I went with Medical Guardian because I felt more comfortable with them and they have a good reputation. The Lifeline was too expensive. Medical Guardian has been fine so far. It's comfortable to wear but my other watch doesn't have a band. This one's got a band where you have to hook it which is kinda hard. I’m not used to it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

The trouble was the device worked exactly like it was supposed to. I'm recently widowed and I'm at the far end of a dead end. From here to the entrance is, maybe half a mile winding and wending your way. I wore the device to bed and I accidentally set it off without knowing it. I have it in such a way that I hope it makes it a bit stronger to keep around my neck here. I must have pulled on my lanyard and it pulled the clasp apart. The clasp is a magnet around the thing. And then once it came apart once it was easier for it to come apart again for some reason. I've made a Jerry-built gadget here to kinda keep it from doing that.

When the rep tried to talk to me, just see if I was all right, there was no electricity so I didn't hear a voice. Medical Guardian put in that I needed help, which was perfectly appropriate. They were work like gangbusters and were terrific. They did exactly what was supposed to be and the firemen used the lockbox and came in. I'm not going to wear the device in bed anymore. I'm going to put it right alongside the bed. Because I'm not a false alarm person, and it's annoying that I had to have all these three young, handsome firemen come and rescue me, who did not need to be rescued. I'm a fairly active person despite my age. One false alarm is plenty. But the firemen were very efficient.

And then after the three firemen left, I said to myself, “Oh, let me call you guys and let you know that I'm okay.” But I couldn't find any number to call. I tried two or three, but they all were daytime business numbers. It works fine when you're not out of electricity, especially for a whole week. I was wondering if they should have a 24-hour number. But I only gave my house number, never dreaming that in those couple of weeks that we would have this huge power outage. I have now given one of my cell phones. I'm most satisfied with Medical Guardian.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

My daughter and son were the ones that decided that Medical Guardian would probably be the type that I'd be happy with. I adjusted to it immediately and I hope it all works when I need it. I am supposed to call in the next two days for testing. I appreciate them being that considerate to call. That makes a great company.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Medical Guardian was the first call that my daughter made and she was very impressed with the person that she spoke to so she didn't go any further. She went with him and made the arrangements for me. My experience with Medical Guardian was very good and everything is working well. I worked with somebody who walked me through the procedure and he was very helpful. I tested it when I got it and they talked to me. Once, they called me and I don't know why but it registered that I needed help. I must have pressed the button and not known it but they immediately got a response. I have an issue with putting the watch on. That is very difficult to do. I'm having difficulty getting that little round thing into the opening. I can't close it properly. It takes me an hour to get it on so I haven't been using it. I've been using the necklace but I prefer the watch if I can get it on.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I’m 87 and I've had a couple of falls. I had to have two surgeries on my elbow and I just sliced my leg open. I am at high risk of falling. I got a Medical Guardian device and it makes me feel safe.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I'm 94 and I live alone. My son looked up Medical Guardian online and bought one for me. I've been charging it and at the beginning of the month, I tested it to make sure it was working. So far, all I do is put it around my neck and it's not really comfortable to wear. Then at night, I have a place on my night backboard where I hook it on.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

My son was at my place when I first set my Medical Guardian device up We called and checked that each piece is working. I wear the device on my wrist and once I put it on, I forget it's on. I'm happy that I have it. In case I fall, it’s a security.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I went online and looked Medical Guardian up, and I saw good reviews on it. I have it on just for fun. But you never know. I thought I was high risk for stroke or anything, but the cardiologist said no. He said I don't need the device, but I already paid for three months. I'll just keep it and then I will call and see if I can breach the contract.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

My kids bought my Medical Guardian device for me because my knees are really bad. It is alright to wear but it bothers me sometimes.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I haven’t had any problems with my Medical Guardian device. I wear it all the time and I don’t really even notice I got it on. For anybody that need it, like me, it’s a good thing to have.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I’m happy about Medical Guardian. I was looking at the TV and then I checked the different ones that looked the best to me and I picked one of them, which happened to be Medical Guardian. They have a few things. I got that little thing that goes around the neck, and then the GPS thing. My granddaughter did most of the setting up for me. She was over here and she tested it out as well. I wear the wristband mainly in the house. Most times during the day, I also put the GPS on 'cause I go out and I never know when I’m gonna go. It stays good within 300 feet of where the GPS is. The way I understand it, if I have to leave it in the house and go farther than 300 feet, it wouldn’t be covered.

The main reason I have a Medical Guardian device is that my wife has dementia and her dentist who’s a good friend of ours said that I needed the button because I have her full time. I do all service for her 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It's just me and her in the house and our friend said that if I fell or something and couldn't get in touch with anybody, my wife wouldn’t be able to shout. She doesn't know how to call out or anything like that and I’d have to do it myself. If I could mash the button, I could get help that way. I haven't had to use the button yet and I look at this like a do life insurance. I don't look to collect on it, but if I have to get the button, I got my daughter as the number one person to contact, and my granddaughter as the second person to contact.

I got two keys in the box on the front door, so that nobody has a problem. However, I need to have a note made some way to make sure that somebody will take my place because if they take me out of the house, my wife would be here unattended. I want to let somebody know that they wouldn't be just contacting my daughter. If she had to be the one to come out, then I'd have to have my granddaughter too. In case they had to take me to the hospital, my wife has to have my granddaughter with her 'cause of the dementia. You couldn’t take my wife with me to the hospital ‘cause everywhere I go, she has to go. If you asked her anything, she wouldn’t know. She wouldn’t answer.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I was looking online and Medical Guardian seemed like the easiest one to call. The other companies all seemed kind of confusing. Medical Guardian's website itself made it seem like it would be easier to get my dad set up. Before we knew he had COVID-19, he had been in the tub and was sitting there for seven hours because he didn't have enough strength to get up. My siblings thought he can't live by himself and if he's going to live by himself, he has to have something in case his phone's dead or he can't get out or can't get up to tell somebody. That's kinda why we decided to go with Medical Guardian. The process was pretty quick. I had asked for overnight shipping, so the device got here when they said it would. It was delivered early in the day. It didn't get delivered late in the evening which was what I was worried about the most. Everything, overall, was pretty good.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

I live alone and I realized I could fall easily now, and I would need help getting up or getting in touch with somebody. My daughters and I researched and found that Medical Guardian ranked really high. I have both but I mainly use the watch. I love being able to wear it into the shower and everywhere. I don't like the dangling from my neck. I haven't had to use the device, but I do check once a month and every time, they've been right on cue. Having Medical Guardian makes a difference, especially like walking out in my yard where I'm afraid no one would notice. It allows me to do a lot of things I didn't use to feel safe doing. Everything has been very positive with Medical Guardian.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Medical Guardian makes me feel more secure if anything does happen, because I'm almost 80 and I live alone. I had a question once. I called and the reps took care of it. The device is pretty simple. The only thing is, I didn't like their chain so I put a sterling silver on it. But it isn't working out well either because it gets very black and I'm not able to clean it that well. I wish there was something else I could wear around my neck. Also, others are much cheaper. It's expensive, but I would recommend Medical Guardian.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

My wife died on me a year ago and I now live alone. I go out for groceries and go down to Walmart for my medicines. I’m also by myself in the house and if I go out in the yard. I got to have something that lets people know that I’m in trouble and that's exactly why I selected Medical Guardian's system. So far, I’m satisfied with the way it functions. When I first got it and started learning how to use it, I was calling them to see if it was working and it was. And I’m planning to touch base with them once a month and see if it’s still working. With Medical Guardian, I’ve got something that’s with me that even if I fall and become unconscious, or if I don’t answer, their people would carry on and send a rescue squad out.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I was in the hospital. I've been using my Medical Guardian device for a few days. I activated it and it's going well. I take it off when others sleep, but I put it on to go to the bathroom. Also, I like the blue light. It reminds me that it's there. It's simple to use. When I was moving it, I went over the button but the people over the thing said, “We just detected that you pushed the button. Did you push it? If you did, would you push it again?” I pushed it again because I hadn’t, but I realized how quickly they had responded.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I wanted some kind of a device and Medical Guardian was recommended to me. I wear the button on my neck but I'd rather not have it. I also hope that I don't accidentally hit it and it goes off sometimes. But if I ever need it, I'll be glad to have it.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

We got a Medical Guardian device for the confidence that if my mother-in-law fell, she could reach someone. Getting it set up was not expected to be super easy because it's not super easy, but it was easy for what it is. So far, so good. We got it to the length that she likes. You can adjust it and it has the tail down the back. We cut off the back tail and that solved it. My mother-in-law feels more secure having it as do we when we're not home with her. This is where we're still learning it but our understanding is that the communication with her is not through the device on her neck but through the box that’s in the home. My husband believed that you could only talk at the box. But the communication when she's talking to somebody is thru her button. The only downside is that when the phone doesn't work, it doesn't work either.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

My daughter went on the computer and interviewed different people that sell these medical devices. She was trying to get something that would work the best for my husband and me and she found Medical Guardian. The only thing that bothers me about their device is that I hit the button when I lean over the washing machine to get my clothes out and they call me. I've done that twice. But they didn't wait to call me to see if I was okay, they called me right on the spot.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

When I first got my Medical Guardian, I tested the button to see if it works and they answered almost immediately. I just don't like the string around my neck. The device could have a softer string thing, but it's okay. Having it makes me feel secure. I'm very satisfied with my Medical Guardian.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Luckily, knock on wood, we haven't used the Medical Guardian device. My mother has been wearing it around her neck though it's not a favorite thing. The only thing is, and I guess it's ignorance on my part, I assumed she could talk into the thing that she's wearing and she would hear somebody talk. I didn't realize it's a base in the house and mom's hearing is not great. We even tested with her way up front, on the porch, like if she would’ve fallen on the porch. We tested having somebody call and she didn't hear it. The base is in the kitchen. But they said they will call her house phone if they get no response from the base. If they are calling a house phone, then that's fine. She's got one in the bedroom and another on the porch so she will obviously hear that. But she's scared that she's gonna hit something and someone's gonna be sending an ambulance and it's not needed.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I tested the Medical Guardian device a couple of times. It says test once a month, so I do. When I punch it, it takes a good while before the operator comes on and says, “May I help you?” About a minute. I would like it not to wait so long. When the reps finally answer, they're very professional. They do good. I wore a necklace but they get tangled all up around my neck at nighttime. When I slip, and if something happened, I probably couldn't have found it. I switched over to the watch and I'm wearing it. I just got two concerns with it. If I had a stroke, I probably could never reach it to push the button. And if I had a heart attack and fell to the floor, I probably could never reach it. The only time that I could see that I could reach it is if I happened to fall and couldn't get up. If you can’t reach it and push the button, then what would it do?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Everything went very well with Medical Guardian. The device has been comfortable to wear. I tested it when I first got it and the response was very good. It answered right away and they answered any questions that we had. I would vouch for Medical Guardian any day.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I'm a widow and I live alone. There was a time when I fell and spent four hours on my kitchen floor. I broke a bone in my foot, seven ribs and totally destroyed my shoulder. I knew I was gonna spend the night on the floor if I didn't do something. I scooted over to my phone and called my daughter who then called the ambulance. It's been tough since then as I am still seeing physical therapists. I got a Medical Guardian and I wouldn't go out to my porch without it. I feel better with my neck device and it's very comfortable.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

My wife died this May and I'm living all by myself now. I'm 90 years old and my kids are worried about me. So they said, “You're gonna get something so in case you fall, you can just press the button or something.” My kids told me to wear the Medical Guardian device all the time, so I do.

Medical Guardian Company Information