2. Legal Services

Get access to verified lawyers today

Ask for help 24/7 on JustAnswer

Get Started

Law Offices of Patenaude & Felix Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Law Offices of Patenaude & Felix?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Law Offices of Patenaude and Felix?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I have an account with this collection agency. I was getting calls every 1hr but I would discuss with them that I am willing to pay but would like documents sent to my home stating what is owed and for my records. For that past 3 years the calls stopped and I never received anything at my home from this collection agency. This year they served my neighbor and had her sign court papers when I was at work. When I contact them regarding my account they had told me I owe them $800 but all 3 credit bureaus say I owe the original company $300 and my court documents say I only owe $300. I am still not able to get a hold of any one from The Law Office Patenaude and Felix and I left multiple voice mails and still haven't received a bill or notice in the mail so I can pay what I owe. I am very confused on how they want me to pay or what am I supposed to pay.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Patenaude & Felix, APC (this Collection agency). 6800 Owensmouth Ave, ste 290. Canoga Park, CA 91303-4216. 866 784 8084. Other address - Patenaude & Felix. 4545 Murphy Canyon Road, 3rd floor, San Diego 92123. Represented by ** ESQ. BAR #**, ** ESQ. BAR#** and ** ESQ. BAR# **. On 12/3/19 Patenaude & Felix levied $1358.48 from our bank account, our only income to pay our modification mortgage monthly payment. On 12/5/19 I called and spoke to Miss **, Left a message for **. Spoke to Mr **, and Manager ** who promised to contact the American express company to release the funds. He told me he would call me back no later than Monday but he did not. So I call a few times and spoke to ** and then ** who was verbally abusive. It turn out they both were just lying to me. For they were doing nothing the release the funds back to my account.

My husband (65 years old) with increased health problems (skin cancer and arthritis) does rideshare so we can pay our mortgage payment timely. Myself, due to severe health condition (PSVT and osteoarthritis) has not able to work for the past few years. 2007/ 2008, when the real estate market crashed both my husband and I had lost our jobs. We used our reserves to keep up with the increasing mortgage payments and credit card payments. But shortly after, we were bankrupt and could not make our payments on our mortgage or credit cards. In 2014, our income had improved and we were able to get an affordable modification with a differed amount of $200,000. Since then, we are able to make our mortgage payments but not able to pay any other debts. Please, kindly help us retrieve our money back from this collection agency for this levy is jeopardizing our mortgage payment. Please help us.

Get buying tips about Legal Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Law office deceptive crooks. They send out threatening mail month after month, worse collections tactics ever. A national chain of garbage lowlife law firm. They are unscrupulous at what they do to collect for their fat cat billionaire clients, in this case the billionaire who owns Credit One Bank and credit cards. They threaten you with lawsuits, garnishment, and bank account garnishments and the offices workers in Las Vegas are just puppets. An extension of the main offices at Patenaude & And Felix. This law firms been sued so many times. Why hasn't the Federal government shut them down?

Original review: March 21, 2019

This company has a credit card bill for a little over $700. I did not even know who they were nor if I owed anyone any money. They have taken me to court over and over to intentionally increase their charges. Even though they have called me and told me I do not need to pay the first payment until April 15, 2019. I have the phone records, plus. They have never even given me an account number to be able to pay any amount. If anyone else is taking them to court please let me know. I would like to be included. They have sent me some paperwork that they expect me to sign that I never agreed to. Watch your backs. They are after everything you own plus some and they are lying and sneaking around with the courts.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

San Diego office sent me a letter saying I owed for a credit card balance which I never had that credit card!! They just picked my name from the city I lived in not researching anything and just hoping they had the right person which they did not!! As I proved it to them on phone and just said we're wrong. Very rude customer service. Stay away from this company!!! They are scammers!!!

Original review: March 1, 2018

I was struggling to pay my bills after getting laid off from my previous place of employment. I had a credit card from Credit One that was charged off due to non-payment. Despite being rehired with my current employer, it was an uphill battle to play catch up. I was coming home from work when there was a notice taped on my door. I tried to call the number listed on the note, but no one answered. The next morning, I was served the documents. I contacted the law office to make payment arrangements. According to the receptionist, they were willing to work within my budget, which I do appreciate. However, being sued over non-payment on a credit card was uncalled for and not necessary.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

A credit card account of mine was sold to them. I called them after receiving the letter and explained that I lost my job in January; that I have no savings, retirement, or unemployment; that I am staying temporarily with my mother; and drive a 20-year-old car. Every other collection agency with which I have had to deal has been understanding and at least showed a modicum of goodwill. I plan on filing bankruptcy in February, which I told this company. I was then served a summons and complaint. I called to speak to someone and was basically told too bad. Well, it will be too bad for them when this debt gets discharged in my bankruptcy. Everyone with whom I have spoken is incredibly rude and unprofessional.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

I am having my wages garnished every paycheck 300 plus. All of sudden they also cleaned out my bank account. I called to try to get answers and the guy that answers the phone was rude and basically said "Well you defaulted on your loan and you have to pay!" I said I understand, but I want to know why it was taken out of my check and bank at the same time? He said "If you can pay us at least 2000 right now we will stop everything!" I said I am getting my wages garnished because I cannot pay that amount. He then said "Well I can't help you!" I called back asked to speak to a manager, he transferred me to his own voicemail. I have already paid 5200 and they still do not want to work with me! I do not know what to do! They are rude, condescending. I don't understand if they are willing to close my account with 2000, why cant they close it if I have paid 5200 already?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2015

I paid the original amount of loan (this loan was presented as a student loan, but was really a personal loan; that was the first deception) and years of interest payments, but then was told I still owed 10K in interest payments. I continued a payment plan, as scheduled, and never missed a payment until they refused payment. I contacted them and was told the account was closed. They sent a threatening letter, so I sent two payments, which were accepted, and then the next payment was rejected again, with a note to my bank saying "account paid." Fine. Then they proceeded to tell me that I am in default for the excess interest.

A year later, I receive another letter saying the account is in default. I have been constantly harassed for a debt I no longer owe. I have been insulted, mocked, mislead, and threatened. This company is either a) incompetent or b) legal loan sharks. Either way, I am powerless to stop their harassment, as they are "lawyers," and I am just an ordinary citizen.

Original review: July 13, 2014

I went to sell my house in Texas and my ex-husband sent me a text saying, "I'll make the lien go away for 5000 Dollars." So I went to the court house and got a copy of the lien and it stated state of Texas vs. Susan ** but was signed Dennis **... He's not the state and I divorced him while he was in federal prison in 08. In January of 14, I got my paycheck and it stated I had a federal levy and money taken out... so I backtracked it to this company and they are the ones who got a judgment against me and a garnishment without ever notifying me once. When I talked to the law firm, they said their files served a co-worker Pam... ** because I didn't even live in the state of Nevada at the time. I also filed identity theft with the FTC. Because they said they had another account that they had a judgment against me and I never opened that account. My ex did in my name... and I called Capitol One and they marked it fraudulent. How can a company never once notify me and take money from my check...

Law Offices of Patenaude & Felix Company Information