3.13/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Network Solutions

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Network Solutions Reviews

Original review: June 15, 2019

I certify that this review is 100% accurate. I spent almost 1 hour on the phone with a Network Solutions person trying to fix a WordPress SSL site issue. They asked me to install Really Simple SSL after we purchased the SSL service from them. The install broke the site admin. What was the final solution from them? They removed the https from the database and said I need to figure out how to fix the plugin. And the final thing she said...maybe I should call WordPress.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Let me keep this brief -- NETWORK SOLUTIONS SUCKS! It is very difficult to cancel your account. You have to speak with multiple members of the loyalty team, who are difficult to deal with. Reminds me of the contracts gyms in the '90s used. Network Solutions is stuck in the 90s as well. Go elsewhere. In summary, Network Solutions such!

Original review: June 10, 2019

Not sure how the domain I began administrating got on this service in the first place. I have gotten their warning emails and letters for my domains in the past and always just disregard them. I'm sure it was some employee that didn't know better. Here is my experience with this wonderful company. It took three phone calls and two chats to just get into the account to change the DNS. Once the login was set, I tried to unlock the domain to transfer it when I noticed it was expiring. Was informed that it wouldn't be unlocked until the 1st. I tried again on the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th. Couldn't unlock it. It expired on the 6th and was redirected on the 7th.

I signed on again today, figuring that it had to be unlocked by now and after 3 hours of chatting, having to set up a second admin account and getting the run-around, I was informed that the domain would not be unlocked for 30 days. Meaning the only way to get the domain back up and pointing correctly was to wait 30 days or renew. I had noticed that when I tried to unlock it and transfer the domain, one of the 4 warning pages gave me the option to renew at a lower rate. Unlike the $35 yearly renewal with a reactivation fee of $53, it was only about $18. Even then it tried to tack on a number of additional services and another $35. For some reason when I changed the billing to PayPal invoice all the fees went away. Showing that after $18 as renewed for the year.

Back to chatting with Jimmy **. Either this guy is the only customer service rep they have or there are a lot of Jimmy **s at this company because I've talked to at least 5 of them now. So, after I paid he tried to tell me that I had only renewed the email service and to get my website back up, I need to pay another $75. I then cut and pasted the invoice and he backed off. When I asked how soon the DNS would be corrected, good old helpful Jimmy ** told me 48 to 72 hours. If this company contacts you, look up your domain on who is and if they are not listed as the registrar they are phishing you. Disregard it and contact your real registrar. In most cases, this will be your host service.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Have tried to transfer a .org domain away from Network Solutions 4 years ago, but was not able to get assistance. As the renewal is incredible expensive with this old registrar I tried to initiate the transfer again now in 2019. Requested the Auth/EPP code and received an email reply after 3 days with the code. So I initiated the transfer and got the usual error message that the code is not correct!!! It is now obvious that network solutions make it impossible and as such are resulting into those dodgy bad business practices. Very disappointing!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I called back and spoke with a rep named Steve who issued a refund and offered his assistance with my site. I advised him that he may had saved the company from losing a customer. I will consider continuing to do business with the company. I am to expect a refund within 3 - 5 business days. My initial complaint was being auto drafted without notice for $75 dollars for a .info and .biz. The price is still too high especially for a .info and biz. But I appreciate Steve's effort and that he issued a refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: May 24, 2019

It's no secret this company is horribly overpriced, but in the last few years, it has become horribly inept. I am supposedly a "VIP Gold" customer, having been with them 15 years; long before web.com bought the company. Three days ago I bought a hosting package to build a site for an election I'm in. It's not a huge site, just your basic campaign site which I need for the voter's pamphlet. I spent a couple of days getting it exactly as I wanted it and then I get a call asking me if I'm happy with the package.

The guy tells me that for the relatively small size of my site, I didn't really need all the storage space that comes with the $12.95 a month site I purchased and I should reduce that package to a $45 per year package and save money. Sounds good, right? Then I suddenly see I have an additional new hosting package on top of the one I just built. I open a ticket and explain I didn't want another package, that I had been misled. I then called them to speed things up. I was on hold forever.

Finally, a kid gets on and begins talking about his freaking new cat. Eventually, after 36 minutes on the phone, he claims he's resolved everything and the $45 will be refunded and the new package removed. Then, you guessed it, two refunds were issued and both hosting packages deleted. The site I just spent two days on vanished and goes to a dead link. Once I resolve this, if I can, I will never use these idiots again. I've disliked them ever since web.com bought them and rarely use them, but I was in a hurry to get a campaign site up and running. A huge mistake that will obviously result in my spending most of tomorrow on the phone with them.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Network Solutions is charging 5, 6 10X the price for product features which are now standard at virtually all other web hosting companies. My friend is being charged $65 a year for URL registration (GoDaddy charges $12.99, Inmotion Hosting $14.99) and for that she GETS NOTHING. NO EMAIL ACCOUNTS, NO WEBSITES, NO STORAGE.

She is called a GOLD ACCOUNT -- and what does she get for paying $50 bucks more than everybody else pays? Extra security and peace of mind. I tried to add an email account and I was told it would be $24 per year -- PER ACCOUNT. At Inmotion Hosting I pay $65 a year for - unlimited email accounts, unlimited storage, unlimited websites, free WordPress/Boldgrid site building. I can't believe how Network Solutions stays in business these days. Unscrupulous describes them best. Lacking moral conscience. Ripping off people who are unfamiliar with their choices and options. STAY AWAY...

Original review: April 12, 2019

I paid for a renewal three days after expiration. I asked for one year this time because they charge a fortune. They said ok and then renewed it for 5 years charging my CC. The original CC I used long expired. They didn't restore my website so I got four tickets on it and it's still not restored. Now when I use chat my number in line rises! I'd be in 3rd position and then 8th position. Obviously they have made it so I'm ignored & my website says it's pending renewal and can be backordered. They must be trying to steal it. Be very careful.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I registered a new domain last year, and without my knowledge, Network Solutions added the .net version of the domain to my account free for one year. Six months before the free year is up, I got an email asking me to renew my domain. That was the first I was hearing about this other domain that is registered in my name. I almost assumed that my outsourced IT company had purchased it, and that they would want me to renew it, but it had web forwarding and private registration associated with it that I didn't want to pay for.

When I reached out to my IT company to find out if I needed to pay for the extra services, I found out they hadn't registered it. I then talked with Network Solutions and found out they had added it. Now that I know, I will just let the registration lapse, but I feel like it was a clear phishing attempt, and it would have worked if it hadn't been for the private registration that I didn't want to pay for.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Network Solutions expressed that they were able to change a domain name for a newly purchased domain, but then told me I only had 5 days for a refund. The representative was ill informed and had no idea how to help me with my issue. I did not want a refund and he continued to tell me about their refund policy. What kind of professional are you? I do not want a refund. I just wanted to get the name correct. Yes, it was my mistake. I just wanted to correct it. The representative was hell bent on not giving a refund to which I did not want in the first place, to which leads me to customer service is not their best virtue.

I thought I would give the smaller domain company some business but that's not always the best thing for your business if they do not have their business in order to be able to offer customer support. If they want the lil 1 poor 12.00 let em keep it and I will move on to another domain name company who is Korean reputable. I hope bad customer reviews is worth it, smh.

Network Solutions Company Information