1.0/5 (32 ratings)

About Network Solutions

Network Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: June 3, 2022

This company (Network Solutions) will use shady tactics to renew services you don't use. Check the tiny letters at the bottom of your services because they will charge you even if you're not using the service.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I have been a customer of Network Solutions since 1996.. Yet recently I have tried to add a domain to my account. I went to the Add Domain to purchase another domain. I put my name in and it shows me options of extensions.. I choose the .film ext and added to my cart. Purchased the domain.. Only to receive an email a day later saying it couldn't be fulfilled. So I called their customer support.. (Which seems to be manned by a bunch of incompetent idiots.). You have to spend nearly an hour explaining the problem to them and they feed you lines that a blatantly false. So my first call three days ago, when I was finally put in touch with a tech, he said there must have been a glitch in their system because the domain is registered to me, but not showing up in their system and an refund is issued. I don't want the refund. I simply want access to the domain..

They put in a ticket to escalate.. OK.. Then a day later, I get a response from the escalation, that they don't support .FILM extensions.. I found that rather odd, since my choosing the .FILM extension was because their website (Network Solutions) presented it to me as an option to add to my cart.. which I did. They even charge a premium fee as well.. which I originally questioned but then agreed. So for them to say they don't support .FILM Extensions begs the question why do they sell something they KNOW they don't support? Well after many hours of arguing with their support, finally some back office tech said they DO support .FILM.. Which then begs the question why do their other support people claim the opposite? Are they just idiots?

The problem gets worse from there. Now that they claimed they don't support the .FILM, but they also locked up the domain with ICANN.. and so I can't buy the domain from with anyone else that supports the .FILM.. I asked them to release it if they aren't going to support it.. Once again their support claimed they didn't lock it up, and they can't do anything about it. That if I wanted to get the domain I should call ICANN, which I did.. and ICANN Informed me that NS is the register of the domain and was surprised they were claiming they couldn't support .FILM since they had registered the domain. And they in fact registered it at the very time I was buying it. Which confirms the original technician's "Glitch" comment and objectively refutes the five other Support agents who claimed it wasn't supported by NS and they didn't register the domain. Basically their support agents are flat out lying.

So I go back to NS as ICANN advised and go through another hour on a phone with a support Shawn.. Who is trying to be helpful, and it was he who did inform me that they do support .FILM just as ICANN proved., but can't seem to get the problem solved and puts in another escalation ticket.. From which I'm told I must wait another 48 hours.. So it's been almost 4 days, and 10 hours of phone calls with NS on the domain issue that THEY CREATED, but seem to be in complete denial despite OBJECTIVE tangible evidence that they created a mess. The bottom line resolution I want is either attach the domain to may account and let me use it.. As was the original intent.. Or release it from ICANN so I can take my business elsewhere. I have sent a message to their CEO Sharon Rowlands, waiting to see if that resolves the issue.. to date no resolution.

My review is that NS has some serious problems with customer service and their own back office operations.. If they don't support certain domains they shouldn't be selling them on their website.. It's seems to me to be a crime to take people money even for a day on a false pretense .. When they KNOW up front they don't support what they are selling.. It's like someone stealing from you on the street.. And then giving your money back the next day.. Doesn't change the fact they stole from you the day before. I hope Sharon can address their back office incompetency and serious credibly issues with support.. Until then my review would be to AVOID Network Solutions.

Resolution response: June 5, 2022

Tried to cancel 5 times. Was a complete nightmare. Every single interaction with them was trying to not help me.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I was on the phone 5 hours trying to get 1 thing fixed. Never got fixed. I try to cancel, they say they did and didn't. They also lie about prices one day to the next completely opposite. They don't care at all they have a recorder saying you can write a review at the end but in 20 calls I never got routed to one or a call back. The price of the domain is 4000 times higher than anyone else if you buy it with hosting. They scam you when you want to cancel your hosting and keep the domain. As of now all the photos on my website are cut off this week, fine last week and they don't care, telling me to tell everyone to use a specific browser. Horrible.

Original review: June 1, 2022

If I could give this company zero stars I would. This company does not care about you or the business you lose due to their horrible services. Every time this company does an update we lose access to our email for days, sometimes even weeks. It doesn't matter how many times I call for support for help, nothing gets fixed. This time we lost email completely for 4 days. Once some of our employees (some, not all) started receiving emails. Again our emails over the down time were not there. I have yet to recover emails lost during that period and it's been two weeks. I have called the company 5 times and our owner has called twice.

Every time they say they will "escalate" the ticket but this means nothing. You will never receive a call back, nothing will be fixed, you will not recover lost emails. After enough time has passed they will just close the ticket hoping you don't notice. I've had to call and reopen an issue ticket on more than one occasion because it was closed out without any resolution. I do not have control over changing our service provider and unfortunately the owner is only looking at cost of service and not the business we jeopardize by not having access to our emails. I don't know the cost of this service but I wouldn't use it even if it was free.

Original review: May 20, 2022

NS handled our email and site hosting. We have been with them for 20+ years. On Monday of this week we noticed our email was down. After a week of dealing with the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced, we dropped them and got a new provider. We lost a lot of business. I'm suspicious that no one at the company actually did anything to help us get back up. Every time id call (and sit on hold for an hour) they'd have no record of our ongoing case. I'm still in shock, this is the most indifferent, disorganized, disloyal and disrespectful company I've ever done business with.

Original review: May 5, 2022

After 17 years with this company we turned off the auto renew button at their site and planned for getting our own server after the prepared year with them expires. With shock we received notification from the N.S. about them charging us for another year. We called in and were told that the payment cannot be reversed. We left them anyway and now are free of Network Solutions. They are expensive, unfriendly and immoral company. We stayed with them all these years because we did not know any better, and for that we are sorry. Sincerely, Karel

Original review: April 12, 2022

Your employees took our credit card and then ghosted us. We received no service. When we call in to deal with this we get the run around. When we ask for a supervisor we are promised a return call that never comes. We contested the charge, but your company is fighting back. You have taken my money and treated me like dirt.

Original review: March 21, 2022

First off I want to say that this is the absolute worst service I have ever used. The customer service team is extremely unhelpful, they disconnect from your call and do not call back, they do not help with any service issues and are extremely rude on the phone. On top of that their online chats they start to talk and then the person will just leave the chat if they don't want to help you.

I cancelled my service and was still charged a large amount, when I asked for help the day after they would not refund me and kept all of the money they charged me. They steal your money for no service used and then keep you on the phone for over an hour to do absolutely nothing. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my lifetime. I will be contacting the police and my bank about the behaviour of this company, how they dealt with the mistake on their end (not cancelling my service when asked and still getting charged). Do not use this service, it should be shut down!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

We were saddled with this company when we bought our shop. We've had plenty of trouble getting problems sorted out. We owned a domain via this company and set it up for auto renew, and yet they failed to renew it and let it go to some Asian company. When called out on it and shown that we paid for the renewal we had to fight tooth and nail to get our domain back. We were later sent an email insisting we must get an SSL Certificate or else. So we went ahead and signed up for a year of this, a monthly subscription.

Our website builder informed us we were scammed and didn't need this, as they already were providing one for us, and Network Solutions could obviously see this. They refused to cancel what I had just purchased via our account manager (which is where I ordered it), or via chat or email. They insisted I must call. At that point, I was on hold for 30-40 minutes each time and had to keep hanging up to help customers. When I finally got through days later I was told I wasn't elligible for a refund because it was over 3 days beyond the day we signed up for the certificate, regardless of the fact a certificate was never generated. The customer service agent proceeded to scream at me. This company has a million add-ons they insist you need, sometimes by sending emails threatening that if you don't get what they want you to pay for, your business will fail to be operating under the law. They are the worst web hosting company out there.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

BEWARE. I would recommend not to use this company. They charge 200% more than other service providers and attempt to take your money with automatic charge to your credit card. I had cancelled their services only to be charged by the company anyway. When you call to cancel they make it very difficult as no one answers the phone.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

We have been trying to change the account information for 2.5 years. At every corner they create road blocks, ask for documents you provide, only to decline them. There is no one you can speak to, it is done all by email and then their service does not work when trying to gain access or submit documents via their account recovery. I have spent 3 hours on hold and talking to employees only to go in circles. Today 2.15.2022, I asked to speak to a supervisor and have been on hold for 15 minutes. DO NOT EVER SELECT NETWORK SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR BUSINESS NEEDS.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Was advised to use Network Solutions to register a domain name. What a mistake. First, they do not keep your information private. Sold to tons of 3rd parties and my email and phone were constantly bombarded with offers to build me a site. Second, even though I have no site yet, Network Solutions was charging me "start hosting" fees. As a new user, I do not have any idea about hosting fees. Network Solutions is preying on new users. I have no site but they were charging me to host empty space.

Third, in the terms and conditions they have it written that users agree to auto-renewals. So the hosting fees were automatically renewed several months. #Shady. Fourth, users are not allowed to turn off their auto-renewals themselves. Users must call and/or use the Network Solutions chat to have their customer service do it for them. #supershady. Fifth, I disputed the charges with my credit card. Network Solutions is holding my domain names hostage until I pay the hosting fees, then they will allow me to transfer my domain names to a different site. #ultrashady. What a terrible business. Use Hover.com or GoDaddy. Cheaper, more use friendly, and doesn't charge to protect your privacy.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I've transferred over approx. 100 domain names over a year ago. I left for Iraq on my job and explained my situation to them that I'm back home in California and this is the time for them to allow me to complete the domain transfer procedure which, according to their on-phone agent did. I came back after 9 months and found out many domain names that I paid for were expired due to incomplete transfer procedure. I've been trying since last 2 months to contact them and it's impossible. Nowhere NeSol's website they provide any email contacts except a totally worthless 800 phone number. Extremely poorly run and primitive company. I had better luck in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Never in my life have I experienced worse customer support. For starters, it will take you a min. 30min to get on the phone with someone, from there, any level 2 support or escalation requires 1-2 day waiting period and an email link... These people are hosting websites, which for most are core/essential to their business. Wait times and responses times of this length are unacceptable and therefore make this service un-usable. Used any other company for your website hosting needs because any hiccup will have you out of commission for a week!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

Can not find a single person at the company that can tell me what happened. I waited thru the chat bot multiple times to be connected to an operator. At least three times. It worked down the queue but increased the wait time. Then after over 20 minutes when it was down to 1 ahead it disconnected and said call volume was too high. When I did get to an operator I got no help whatsoever. I filed a ticket number but got no response.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I had a domain account with Network Solutions starting 1992. It was purchased for me as a gift by a friend. I tried many times to put the account in my name only, my friend even called to make this happen but network solutions would not do it. I continued to renew and pay for the domain up until 5/2021 when it was advised by someone who worked there to let the domain expire so they could then put it in my name. Then they told me to pay for a "backorder" for this domain, never mentioning that they sold the same backorder to 5 other people before me. The whole time knowing there were these other backorders and still advising me to let the domain time out.

Network solutions then put my domain into auction and sold it to their partner company (New Ventures Service Corp). This domain was my intellectual property and was created using my business name. It is now unavailable for me to purchase back. I called network solutions so many times in the past year to get help and instead of helping me, they sold it to make more money for themselves. Do not do business with this company, they take zero responsibility for their actions and do not advise or help their customers.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

This scam company just charged me $75.00 dollars to renew 1 single domain! I pay $12.00 yearly for domains at other places. When I saw they wanted $39.99 to renew 1 single domain, I decided not to renew. It's theft! Today however, they charged me the $39.99 plus another $35.00 re-activation fee? I never authorized that! Network Solutions ​fraud scam company! I am filing complaints, as well as doing charge backs with my bank and I am going to report it as fraud! I will never use these con artist criminals ever again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I needed to transfer our domain away from Network Solutions. Simple, right? Well, not so fast. The chat agent will ask why you're leaving and try to get you to stay. They will offer a discount to try to keep you with the company. This is pretty annoying, but it's not all that uncommon. But there are 3 things that are uncommon and prompted this review.

1. The chat agent ended the chat abruptly with no explanation even though the domain is locked!

2. It's uncommon to be charged as much as they charge for services in both scope and scale. I took over an account for my client and noticed that they're being charged for lots of domains they don't need and were upsold on services they neither needed nor understood.

3. It's also uncommon to have reviews as consistently low as this company. I'd honestly be embarrassed to work for them. Please do your research before you think of trusting this company. If you search "Network Solutions Reviews" into your search engine, you'll be well-informed. There are lots of reviews about Network Solutions online and at the time of this writing another review site shows 223 reviews with 97% 1 star! Even scrolling through this list of reviews on ConsumerAffairs gives a prospective customer a very helpful insight into what doing business with Network Solutions will be like.

My advice is that you cannot run away from this company fast enough. There are many other much better, cheaper, and friendly services out there. Don't waste your time or money on this company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I have been with Network Solutions for about 12 years and use them for our domain name, web page and emails. For the past 2 years we have had continual issues with the emails. We use the webmail site for logging into our emails and for the past 6 months they have been down off and on intermediately. Since the whole network goes down - the hold times to convey the issues are extremely long. We are now going to change to Google.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I moved my domain from google to Network Solutions. They kept charging me and did not provide a single day of service for even one email. I asked for a refund and they said I cannot get it back because I signed up for paying them without a single activation of an email. I have paid them over $400 and numerous calls. They acknowledged that they have the domain but cannot find it in their database. 10 months later and $450 they haven't activated my emails for domain that remains in their possession and refuse to give me a refund because it is their policy. Never sign up with this disgraceful company.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Network Solutions will send you dozens of emails for services you have told them you do not want to renew. There is no unsubscribe option, even if you call customer support. But if you DO have autorenew turned on, they will charge your card 2 months before the renewal date with no heads up, no warning at all. Just an email after the fact. Be wary, if you want to transfer your domain, the required code will take 3 days to be emailed to you. This internet pioneer has turned into a sad group of what are basically scam artists.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

The domain contact left company, nobody review his email, then domain verification fail, our domain suspended, our fault when chatting with Network Solutions agent on 12 Oct 2021, the first agent cut my chat, then chat with 2nd agent, spend half hour. Agent "can" understand domain suspended cannot send verification to the email, then told me he/she will reactivate the domain, told me to wait 1 day. 13 Oct 2021 found nothing happened, chat again with 3rd agent, spend half hour, "can" understand cannot send verification to my domain email then ask me change to alternative email on portal. I told him after changed, portal still show old email, he/she told me needs 1 day for updating back-end system.

14 Oct 2021 STILL NOTHING HAPPENED, chat with the 4th agent, he/she told me escalated and gave me a ticket number, told me wait for "2 days". I'm really angry and felt Network Solutions agent fool customer skill is "wait" day by day, ok, wait again. 16 Oct 2021 STILL NOTHING HAPPENED, chat with the 5th agent, provided the "ticket number", agent told me I need to wait another 2 days, the 4th agent didn't told me which is "business day" I can expect, 2 days later still nothing happen. This is my experience. DON'T PAY FOR A LONG PERIOD SUBSCRIPTION TO NETWORK SOLUTIONS. They don't care.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Do not sign up with this company. False advertising. Pure switch and bait. You have to sign up, pay membership price and spend over 400 for a tradeline to be reported to D&B. False advertisement. Fake company.

Original review: July 9, 2021

This company will bill you for products that you did not receive services. Watch your billing closely. If you dispute the charge, expect a foreign phone operator who is trained to not give you the refund until you fight with them for over 25 minutes of your time. I had to fight for a $7.99 refund for over 25 minutes. I have 4 websites with this company for over 20 years. This is not the first time that I have been improperly charged. They say they value your service? Actions speak louder than words! Buyer Beware!

Original review: June 7, 2021

Like so many below, I am a victim of fraudulent billing that was not authorized. They along with their parent company Newfold Digital are the worst in the industry. They can keep rebranding and consolidating, but their executive team needs to correct decades of horrible billing practices, terrible support personnel and antiquated policies. No wonder so many people pull their domains, their websites and their digital presence away from anything to do with this horrible company. Consumers beware. Stay far away from any of the following: Newfold Digital, Network Solutions, Web.com, Hostgator. I will continue to help every client I know to move and stay far away from anything to do with this company.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I have had my company (.com) domain registered with Network Solutions for over 20 years, but I will not be renewing it. Last year they automatically "gave" me a trial of a **.site domain, which I had no interest in, and now they are reminding me every month by email that the .site domain is up for renewal and I will lose it if I do not pay for renewal. They are constantly pressuring or trying to trick you into paying for services that you do not need. They also have no clear way of messaging them about concerns, and no way to unsubscribe from these emails. Reviews on the internet tell me that there are better and cheaper options than Network Solutions.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I had been using Network Solutions to host multiple domains. I experienced extremely long wait times. Today I called because I cancelled my hosting services and wanted to transfer my domains to Google. It has been four months and the transfers are not done so I have no sites for my businesses. Today's wait time would be 73 minutes according to their recording. Yesterday I waited 20 minutes before hanging up. On a prior call the lady that answered had no idea what to do. Stay far, far away from Network Solutions and their sister company.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I'm shut out of my WordPress dashboard and so cannot create or edit the website that I'm paying for. This has been going on for three days. I've opened two tickets - the first one was closed with assurances that all would be fixed within 24 - 48 hours. The second reply said: "We currently have a scheduled maintenance of the Nameservers and while processing the update, there could be a service interruption on your account. I am limited to the amount of information that is currently available. Our apologies for any inconvenience. Although we don’t currently have an estimated time for resolution, our Systems Engineers are working diligently to complete the necessary updates with the NameServers/Network." Lousy customer support. Both tickets are marked "closed" when the problem has not been resolved.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I had a website with them for 18 years. I gave up that website 2 years ago due to retirement. I now find out my old website goes to a porn site. When I gave up my website I can’t believe they would sell a legitimate website to a porn website.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Customer Service is bad. Last 5 days we are trying to renew our expired domain and made over 10 calls and over 15 tickets but still no solution. They keep saying back end issue not coming up clearly and our domain is down along with email and business is badly affected. One of worst service I have ever seen....

Network Solutions Company Information