3.9/5 (258 ratings)

About Network Solutions

Network Solutions Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Network Solutions?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

I have registered my domain on Network Solutions for about 20 years! It has been stolen 3 times and they supposedly added a layer of security to prevent it from happening again. A week and a half ago it was STOLEN by a company in CHINA! They said it was done "correctly" and basically there wasn't anything they could do. HOW DO YOU STEAL A DOMAIN "CORRECTLY"??? They "escalated" it to their ABUSE team and said I would be contacted in the "next day or two." NOTHING - NO CONTACT. I emailed them THREE TIMES, but only through escalated another TICKET # and referencing my ticket number. I got a can response saying that since it was ticketed to ABUSE team, they would contact me.

THIS IS A MAJOR HEADACHE. I have no company emails and I am losing money because I cannot respond to my customers. AS SOON AS RESOLVE THIS ISSUE (because I am going to have to do it - they won't do a thing!), I will be taking all my domains elsewhere. It's a fine resource if NOTHING HAPPENS, but NETWORK SOLUTIONS are USELESS for anything else.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I have set up domains and websites since 1999. Network Solutions was once decent, I would not use them EVER again. They have extreme issues in programming and response to problems and issues. I purchased a package, and ever since day 1 it has not worked properly. Network Solutions for whatever reason, cannot correct the issue. And their response to service tickets is terrible. Matter of fact, on many occasions, their customer support system failed.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

They make it impossible by terminating a service, either by webpage or by mail. I tried and tried. When logging in to their online 'account manager', one has to be extremely careful not to contract further useless services, as checkboxes are prefilled and hidden. It seems to me that they designed their entire interface to lure customers into various subscriptions.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I've had a Network Solutions account for 10 years to support my consulting business and have consistently had problems that almost always require hours on chat or support calls. Instead of moving my accounts and risking losing my email history I opted (against my better judgment) to buy MyTime Tech Support - my total bill for these guys was just under $1000 last year - for a domain name and email. One of my clients called me Monday afternoon to say he'd gotten an email he sent back with a message 'mailbox full'.

Then on Tuesday morning I realized that none of my news subscriptions came through. I discovered I was "over quota" on my email. Mind you I was never notified of this but my clients were with the terse email response. I asked how to get under quota? Their answer was to buy more space at $600 a year. I said let's just archive things. They said no. That leaves them on the server. Eleven hours on phone and tech support chats and I still do not know how to get under quota without deleting emails that I need to keep. I'm hiring a tech person to move my mail and hope I can keep my email address so I won't have to write to everyone I know with a change of email address. These guys know extortion...

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

Network Solutions, LLC. 5335 Gate Parkway | Jacksonville, FL 32256. Network Solutions® is a Web.com Group, Inc. company. I only wanted to purchase a domain name. After signing up I was informed that the monthly price was very high so I canceled immediately. It took many phone calls and emails to get reimbursed. They make it almost impossible. My name-email and number were sold off to website development companies and I am receiving 50 unsolicited calls a day including texts and a barrage of unrelenting emails. This is a horrible company that needs investigating and prosecution. Run from this company!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

So I created an account here just because I'm so mad at them... I wanted to cancel a service that I have never been using, but they say to reach out to them on the phone... On the phone? Is this an Internet company? And we have to make a phone call to cancel a service? Now they say that for customer outside the US/Canada (which I am) you can cancel with a ticket, so I did that... My ticket waited 4 months without even an answer... So I finally found the time to do a bloody phone call, which lasted 25 minutes... That probably costed me more than the service costs me in a year... I don't know if this is malice or incompetence, perhaps a bit of both, but there are plenty of other web hosting company out there, so I recommend you stay away from this.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Below is my 15th attempt at contacting Network Solutions with not a single response. This is about the 15th time I've had to contact Network Solutions. I paid for a full year in November 2019 (see below). Since then, I have contacted you repeatedly to stop telling me my subscription is going to expire in April. It was made blatantly clear when I paid in November that I would have NO billing until November of 2020. It is clearly shown below that my domain name has been paid for, as has everything else I spent over an hour discussing with the rep in November. For some reason, Network Solutions is unable to grasp what customer service is supposed to entail. It means making adjustments to accounts after one request, not 15!

My site is now inactive. I want it turned back on, and I want it done immediately. I'm sick of this ridiculous lack of attention on your behalf. If you can't get it straight this time, I will request an immediate refund IN FULL. If that request is not fulfilled, I will pursue this through the BBB and the Attorney General's office. Maybe that will get Network Solutions' customer support to wake up and do their job. You are costing me money now by taking my site down. That is the last straw. Get it right or give me my money back and I will find a reputable, dependable company that can do the job correctly - without the form letter responses. FIX THIS NOW!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I reported a problem to Network Solutions that my email was not forwarding appropriately to gmail in a timely fashion. They acknowledge the problem ("We are aware of the problem") but then closed the support ticket with no resolution!! I noticed several other recent complaints reported on Consumer Affairs about Network Solutions, and I'm taking those complaints as a warning that I better move all of my domains and emails somewhere else ASAP. I've been their customer for over 15 years.... but the recent complaints you see posted here are a big red flag that something is really wrong at the company.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I have purchased domain names and hosted them on Network Solutions for almost 20 years. Somehow, someone checked a wrong box years ago and we ended up with two domain hosting packages when we only needed one. That was a $400.00 (three year) mistake, caused by their intentionally confusing options. That 3 year mistake was going to "renew" August 16, 2020, and I needed it to "expire", so on June 7, 2020, rather than try and find how to disable "auto-renew", in their confusing labyrinth decision tree, I called Network Solutions and let them know that I needed "auto-renew" disabled on everything associated with that second hosting package. I was assured it was done. But they said it would take a day or two to reflect correctly on the online account information.

The next week, June 13, 2020, more than two months before the service was set to expire, they debited my checking account $438.15 for another 3 year hosting package. (To host nothing.) I caught it before it paid and filed a stop payment and canceled the debit card and got a new one. The bank did get the funds back initially, but somehow Network Solutions debited the account again on June 23, 2020 and got it to go through again, in spite of the fact that the card had been canceled.

Now they refuse to refund the "payment" (money they stole) based on the argument that in 2012 they changed their user agreement provisions to provide for no refunds once a "purchase has been made." (ie. If we can steal your money two months before you owe it to us, even after you tell us not to, you cannot have it back.) This needs to be a class-action lawsuit, and I will be one of your named plaintiffs.

They were good folks 20 years ago, but now they are scam artists IMHO. I used to be a loyal customer. Now I cannot wait to get away from them all together. Unfortunately, the only hosting package I need (the first one) doesn't expire until 2022. Did I mention that there is no refund if they manage to steal your money? There is also no refund if you transfer elsewhere. I have to be just one of tens of thousands they have done this to. Use ANYONE EXCEPT Network Solutions for anything! And if you are a lawyer looking for a class-action lawsuit, this will be a good one for the lawyer. I'll just be happy to get my $438.15 back.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

For many years and for thousands of people, Network Solutions has prevented the transfer of domain names out to another registrar. We are experiencing this issue right now. They have blocked us from transferring our domain for more than the past six months, since January of 2020. They are preventing the transfers OUT, and it is illegal. If you feel that Network Solutions has interfered with your business, and caused you losses, then we would like you to join us in a Class Action Lawsuit against Network Solutions.

Network Solutions Company Information