TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance
4.17/5

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Are you looking for an independent insurance agent? At TrustedChoice.com you can find a large selection of independent insurance agents and carriers. Because a Trusted Choice® independent insurance agent has access to multiple insurance companies, they are able to offer you competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and valuable advocacy.

19 TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 18, 2019

I searched online for the quickest way to find insurance, since mine had lapsed, and went with Trusted Choice as they were the first ones to call. They were helpful and the information I got was very helpful as well. It's just that their guy seemed to be in a hurry, like they were pressed for time. I wish I had more time to actually get a couple more quotes, but it was a good experience overall.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I work a fairly high-risk job and I have a daughter with her own medical issues. A life insurance is always a good thing to have and I wanna make sure my daughter's okay. I researched online and looked at the difference between whole and term insurance. Trusted Choice popped up among some of the web choices so I clicked on it and filled it out. It was pretty easy to use their website. They called me and I liked their pricing. But with what I’m forking out for my daughter, I just can’t afford the insurance that I want right now so I’m waiting. They are checking in with me every six months or so until my cost would be down enough that I could afford the insurance.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Trusted Choice Life Insurance's service was good, but what I ended up with was not. I chose Zander through American General, and they still have not issued me a policy. And that was back in January. I had insurance back in 2015. And at that point, I lost my job. I wasn’t able to pay for the life insurance and keep it up, so I looked for a new company. I had several agents come to my home unannounced like we had an appointment. And when they got here, they did their song and dance, and then they wanted to charge $200 a month for life insurance. No. I'm not trying to pay that kind of money for life insurance. There's too much of the song and dance.

The website was great. I had no problems finding someone, and they contacted me right away. It's just all the loopholes I had to go through in order to get the insurance wasn’t satisfactory. I filled up the application, told them everything that they needed, said, “Yes, I do take medication for a certain issue.” Then they sent a nurse to my house who took blood and urine, but that deal wasn’t enough. It's like you're a criminal. They wanted a background check. They want your last five years of medical records and your life story. For real? It was too complicated. I don’t have a critical disease where I'm getting ready to die. It was just all a headache. Finally, just last week, I said, “You know what? Go through my application. It's got all of my personal information, and do not call me again.” Other than that, I had a good experience with Trusted Choice.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I went with TrustedChoice because I searched on the website. The navigation was like a plus 10-question survey. I had to take it. I really researched and took time finding out what's going on. It was a first time to see what will the outcome be. I've no complaints so far and I'm looking forward to receiving the policy.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I didn’t like the process with Trusted Choice. If they ask clients to put all of their information in the system online in advance, it would be more beneficial if they do their research and see that that person already gave them that information than asking them again. Then if the clients says they're busy and to call back another time, don't continuously talk as if they didn't say they were busy. The gentleman that I spoke to wasn’t friendly. I gave Trusted Choice all the information that I thought they needed. But then he wanted to ask me the same questions over again. I told him it was redundant and I didn’t wanna move forward. Aside from that, Trusted Choice also only had term life and that is not something that I need for my family. I'm looking for whole life.

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance response

We're sorry to hear of you experience with TrustedChoice.com. We understand you had an issue with the specific agency you worked with. While we always try to ensure customers' happiness by matching them with the correct agencies, sometimes it isn't a good match. We'd encourage you to work the process again and find the perfect agency for your needs as we have thousands of options. I will reach out to you privately as well to resolve this issue.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedChoice.com?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I want to leave something to my children in case of my untimely death. My client who helped me look for insurance, referred Trusted Choice to me. The independent agent who came to my house was pushy and persistent. I just wanted to get him out my house so I signed up for life insurance.

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance response

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. We'd love a chance to make it right. I have forwarded your comments to our support team and made them aware of the situation. You can contact us directly and we will do whatever we can to make sure your insurance needs are met.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My brother has a stage 4 colon cancer and he's doing well with his treatment. He was looking for an insurance that would offer him something if something was to happen to him. They could help pay off his mortgage to the house and handle the big stuff. I spoke to a guy twice and I needed him to get back to me and let me know ways to get in touch with some other people to find out more information. Because Colonial Penn and those kinds of places only peg you up to $25,000 and while it's something, that would be nothing to cover a lot of the things he would need to do. I do not know if he is with Trusted Choice Life Insurance, but I was supposed to hear back from him at the beginning of the year.

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance response

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. We'd love a chance to make it right. I have forwarded your comments to our support team and made them aware of the situation. You can contact us directly at support@trustedchoice.com. We will do whatever we can to make sure your insurance needs are met.

Original review: July 14, 2018

TrustedChoice's salespersons were awesome, polite, and so convincing. I was watching one of them and she had a great pitch. They were able to give me the number and the information I needed and gave me a pamphlet inside to read because they didn’t have much time to talk since people were coming in like crazy.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I was planning for the future and I was dabbling and looking into some insurance for my father. TrustedChoice was the first site that came up and it was easy enough to navigate. There was a lot of information available and I was able to get in touch with somebody pretty easy. I got a message and I spoke to a rep in Florida a couple of times. But my father got pissed off about the insurance so we’ve decided not to do it. My experience with TrustedChoice's website was brief but I was very, very satisfied with the website and I’d recommend it.

Original review: July 8, 2018

My mom's almost 80 years old and needed some final obligation insurance so we could close things up. I filled out a couple of things online and talked to several people. Trusted Choice was one of the brokers that called me. The guy was a little rude and insisted on some stuff that I thought was crazy. He wanted to talk to my mother but my mother's very hard of hearing. She’s in an assisted living and I live in another house. None of the other agents I talked to wanted to talk to her so if that was where they were gonna sit, then we couldn't do business with Trusted Choice. On the other hand, Mutual of Omaha had a plan that fit exactly what we needed, so we wound up going with them.

TrustedChoice.com expert review by Neal Frankle

TrustedChoice partners with independent agents across the United States to help consumers find the best rates for their insurance needs. Their website offers a lot of helpful insurance advice in easily accessible language. In addition to life insurance, TrustedChoice can help consumers find an agent for their auto, home and business insurance.

• Benefits of independent agents: Because independent agents don’t work for just one insurance company, they won’t try to talk you into insurance that isn’t right for your budget or doesn’t meet your needs. A TrustedChoice agent will work with you by comparing quotes from multiple companies and getting you the best deal possible.

• Over 3,000 qualified independent agents: TrustedChoice partners with over 3,000 independent agents across the United States, which means it’s highly likely that they will be able to match you with a qualified agent in your location.

• Over 60 partners: TrustedChoice works with almost 70 insurance partners to find you agents who match your insurance needs. Their partners cover a wide range of insurance options and can ensure you’ll receive a fair price for your insurance coverage.

• No-nonsense language: TrustedChoice’s website presents information in clear, easy to understand language. Because they are not an insurance company, they aren’t trying to sell you anything. Rather, their mission is to match you with the best agent in your area who can help you with all of your insurance needs.

• Your information is secure: You’ll have to provide some personal information to TrustedChoice in order for them to match you with a qualified agent, but rest assured that your information is secure. They won’t sell your information or use it in any way outside of finding you a qualified agent to work with.

• Best for: people who want to get matched with an independent insurance agent who can find them the best deal for all their insurance needs.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance Company Information