2. Finance
Accredited Partner

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.24/5

Are you looking for an independent insurance agent? At TrustedChoice.com, you can find a large selection of independent insurance agents and carriers. Because a Trusted Choice independent insurance agent has access to multiple insurance companies, they are able to offer you competitive pricing, a broad choice of products and valuable advocacy.

BOTTOM LINE

Trusted Choice Life Insurance helps customers understand coverage options and get the lowest premiums on term and permanent policies, but customers must talk with agents for quotes.

PROS

• Two-minute application
  • Broad coverage options
  • Consults up to 55 providers

CONS

• Can’t specify term preference

Top TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance Reviews

I had a policy with my company and I was looking to switch or look for better rates for term life. I searched for life insurance companies online and Trusted Choice consolidated it into one location, so you got all the information you need in one stop. My whole experience with them was pretty good.

I have grandchildren and I wanted to get more coverage. I was searching for life insurance online and ... a lot of my questions were answered online before I got to talk to an agent. I’ve tried out MetLife and Trusted Choice Life Insurance’s process was easier. They answered all the questions that I had.

About Trusted Choice Life Insurance

Trusted Choice is an independent insurance broker that finds customers the best prices for life insurance by evaluating offerings from up to 55 national providers. Getting started with Trusted Choice is simple — just provide your name, age and gender, then answer three easy questions:

1. Have you used nicotine or tobacco in the last 12 months?
  2. If a provider requires it, are you willing to take a medical exam?
  3. What amount of coverage do you need?

This two-minute questionnaire ends with a list of local agents whom you can contact immediately or have call you. Agents follow up with a list of quotes to help you pick the best policy for your health profile and coverage needs.

If you’re not sure what coverage you need, Trusted Choice agents work with you to find the right policy. Trusted Choice’s website provides information on three types of life insurance: term life, whole life and universal. Check out the company’s online resources and chat with a Trusted Choice agent to research your options and move forward with a coverage plan.

Trusted Choice Life Insurance types and coverage

With 55 providers to choose from, Trusted Choice can find any type of life insurance policy. It can be difficult to sort through so many options, so Trusted Choice also provides educational materials on its website to help you understand what you need.

The providers recommended by Trusted Choice offer two types of life insurance: term and permanent.

• Term life insurance provides coverage for a limited time, paying out a benefit if the policyholder dies during that period. Term life policies have lower monthly payments than permanent coverage because the insurance company faces less risk.
  • Permanent life insurance lasts the rest of the policyholder’s life and has many more nuances. Both types of permanent life insurance, whole life and universal, pay out death benefits and build up a savings account over the years, but customers with whole life policies have more flexibility to withdraw money from their accounts.

Trusted Choice does not universally recommend one type of life insurance over another. Its life insurance questionnaire doesn’t let customers enter a preference — you must speak with an agent to choose.

In addition to term length, customers must also choose their payout amount. In the life insurance survey, customers can select coverage from $50,000 to $5 million, though most choose an amount between $500,000 and $1 million.

Trusted Choice Life Insurance pricing

Trusted Choice Life Insurance agents consider your health profile and coverage needs when they gather quotes. Generally, younger, healthier people with less coverage pay significantly lower monthly premiums than those who are older or less healthy.

Here’s what a person with healthy habits and disease-free family history should expect to pay:

Life insurance typeMonthly premium
Term life insurance$20 - $100
Whole life insurance$60 - $300
Universal life insurance$50 - $200

Trusted Choice does not charge customers an additional fee to help them find the right insurance policy.

Trusted Choice Life Insurance FAQ

Are Trusted Choice insurance agents independent?
Yes. Trusted Choice insurance agents are independent brokers who are not affiliated with any national providers. Instead, they evaluate up to 55 insurers to find the best coverage for each client.
Where do Trusted Choice agents operate?
Trusted Choice agents are all over the country. After you fill out the life insurance survey, you should get a list of dozens of agents in your area.
Does Trusted Choice require a medical exam for life insurance?
Trusted Choice does not require a medical exam, but the insurance provider may. If you’d like a provider that does not require a visit to a doctor, indicate this preference on the life insurance questionnaire. Note that a provider that does not require a medical exam likely charges higher premiums than one that does.

Do we recommend Trusted Choice Life Insurance?

Trusted Choice is a good insurance agency for people who want quick, convenient access to offerings from a large number of insurers and are willing to work with an agent to go over quotes, get recommendations and customize their coverage. However, if you want to shop for policies on your own and get quotes without having to talk with anyone, you might be better served elsewhere.

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I have some very important outstanding court bills that I need to pay. I'm swamped with all these court bills and attorney bills. I called Trusted Choice to see if I could sell my life insurance. I left a message, but no one has called me back. Also, navigating the website was easy. It's not working out for me though. I've been searching and searching but I can't find anybody to sell it to.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I don’t have insurance at the moment and I’m looking for one. I used TrustedChoice's website and had no difficulties. I then got contacted by some insurance agents.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I searched online for the quickest way to find insurance, since mine had lapsed, and went with Trusted Choice as they were the first ones to call. They were helpful and the information I got was very helpful as well. It's just that their guy seemed to be in a hurry, like they were pressed for time. I wish I had more time to actually get a couple more quotes, but it was a good experience overall.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I work a fairly high-risk job and I have a daughter with her own medical issues. A life insurance is always a good thing to have and I wanna make sure my daughter's okay. I researched online and looked at the difference between whole and term insurance. Trusted Choice popped up among some of the web choices so I clicked on it and filled it out. It was pretty easy to use their website. They called me and I liked their pricing. But with what I’m forking out for my daughter, I just can’t afford the insurance that I want right now so I’m waiting. They are checking in with me every six months or so until my cost would be down enough that I could afford the insurance.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Trusted Choice Life Insurance's service was good, but what I ended up with was not. I chose Zander through American General, and they still have not issued me a policy. And that was back in January. I had insurance back in 2015. And at that point, I lost my job. I wasn’t able to pay for the life insurance and keep it up, so I looked for a new company. I had several agents come to my home unannounced like we had an appointment. And when they got here, they did their song and dance, and then they wanted to charge $200 a month for life insurance. No. I'm not trying to pay that kind of money for life insurance. There's too much of the song and dance.

The website was great. I had no problems finding someone, and they contacted me right away. It's just all the loopholes I had to go through in order to get the insurance wasn’t satisfactory. I filled up the application, told them everything that they needed, said, “Yes, I do take medication for a certain issue.” Then they sent a nurse to my house who took blood and urine, but that deal wasn’t enough. It's like you're a criminal. They wanted a background check. They want your last five years of medical records and your life story. For real? It was too complicated. I don’t have a critical disease where I'm getting ready to die. It was just all a headache. Finally, just last week, I said, “You know what? Go through my application. It's got all of my personal information, and do not call me again.” Other than that, I had a good experience with Trusted Choice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TrustedChoice.com?

Original review: May 16, 2019

I went with TrustedChoice because I searched on the website. The navigation was like a plus 10-question survey. I had to take it. I really researched and took time finding out what's going on. It was a first time to see what will the outcome be. I've no complaints so far and I'm looking forward to receiving the policy.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I didn’t like the process with Trusted Choice. If they ask clients to put all of their information in the system online in advance, it would be more beneficial if they do their research and see that that person already gave them that information than asking them again. Then if the clients says they're busy and to call back another time, don't continuously talk as if they didn't say they were busy. The gentleman that I spoke to wasn’t friendly. I gave Trusted Choice all the information that I thought they needed. But then he wanted to ask me the same questions over again. I told him it was redundant and I didn’t wanna move forward. Aside from that, Trusted Choice also only had term life and that is not something that I need for my family. I'm looking for whole life.

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance response

We're sorry to hear of you experience with TrustedChoice.com. We understand you had an issue with the specific agency you worked with. While we always try to ensure customers' happiness by matching them with the correct agencies, sometimes it isn't a good match. We'd encourage you to work the process again and find the perfect agency for your needs as we have thousands of options. I will reach out to you privately as well to resolve this issue.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I want to leave something to my children in case of my untimely death. My client who helped me look for insurance, referred Trusted Choice to me. The independent agent who came to my house was pushy and persistent. I just wanted to get him out my house so I signed up for life insurance.

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance response

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. We'd love a chance to make it right. I have forwarded your comments to our support team and made them aware of the situation. You can contact us directly and we will do whatever we can to make sure your insurance needs are met.

Original review: July 16, 2018

My brother has a stage 4 colon cancer and he's doing well with his treatment. He was looking for an insurance that would offer him something if something was to happen to him. They could help pay off his mortgage to the house and handle the big stuff. I spoke to a guy twice and I needed him to get back to me and let me know ways to get in touch with some other people to find out more information. Because Colonial Penn and those kinds of places only peg you up to $25,000 and while it's something, that would be nothing to cover a lot of the things he would need to do. I do not know if he is with Trusted Choice Life Insurance, but I was supposed to hear back from him at the beginning of the year.

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance response

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. We'd love a chance to make it right. I have forwarded your comments to our support team and made them aware of the situation. You can contact us directly at support@trustedchoice.com. We will do whatever we can to make sure your insurance needs are met.

Original review: July 14, 2018

TrustedChoice's salespersons were awesome, polite, and so convincing. I was watching one of them and she had a great pitch. They were able to give me the number and the information I needed and gave me a pamphlet inside to read because they didn’t have much time to talk since people were coming in like crazy.

TrustedChoice.com Life Insurance Company Information