Safeco RV Insurance

Compare RV Insurance Companies

Research top RV Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I haven't had to file a claim yet but was very happy with the details laid out in the claims description and how it was explained by the agent. It was fair terms and a good value for the money spent. I was extremely pleased with the customer service. They were fast and effective. Every agent I spoke to was very friendly, helpful and professional. Always willing to help and never rude or unprofessional. I thought the options presented in the policy were very fair and a good value. Great coverage if anything should happen and a great price. A few options to choose from as well so you could pay for the coverage you wanted. I was extremely pleased with the coverage that was offered to me. You obviously could choose the plan you wanted so the coverage varies by price and plan but it was fairly priced and they covered most scenarios you could think of.

Making the claim over the phone was easy. Doing the paperwork that followed and submitting documentation when we had an accident out of state was a little more difficult. But with good communication we were successful. Nice, helpful, knowledgeable customer service. I actually preferred working with customer service over my adjuster. They were quick, gave efficient updates, were able to answer questions about my policy and update my coverage as needed. I enjoyed the policy options. Understanding the state minimum required coverage versus what was recommended, especially for the specific RV I got and the plans we had made for traveling with it. The coverage was great. We always go with above average coverage. When we were in an accident out of state they were able to help with everything.

It was not bad but took forever. They assigned a contact person and often she would not return calls. I was not at fault but it took almost 2 years for them to accept that. As I said it was not perfect. At the beginning it was good, the contact person give me good guidance on the process and sent me to a repair shop and a car rental. But the repair took over 2 weeks, and the contact person stopped returning my calls. They offered discounts and options like a high deductible which I liked. We live in a safe area and have a garage and that helped with the quote. I live in Texas. I suspect the coverage options are standardized here. We choose the highest coverage and the highest deductible and we were satisfied with the cost.

Claims processing was easy and fast. The agent will keep you in loop about progress and gives step by step instructions of what to do. I had not issues with them about claiming procedure. I was advised by my friends who had been their customer for a long time. I am good with their service as well and if I had any questions regarding any issues if I had answers very quickly. They have a variety of policy options. Call them and explain what you are expecting from them, they will give you recommendations, advice and options how to handle your package. I have car insurance, house insurance and umbrella in one package. It is convenient and I believe I have some discount for having these coverages in one binder.

I've had my insurance for three years now. I have never felt so safe, so covered and so unworried about being in an accident and if I was going to be covered. My first and only claim was smooth sailing. I was taken care of, contacted every step of the way and always knew the next step. There's no better insurance. Customer service is especially fantastic. They are trustworthy and reliable. They contact you right back or always have someone on the line without all the... "Please hold while I transfer you."

Their policy options are affordable rates for each and every person's budget. You're covered with many options on how you choose to be covered. Great customer service and website to walk you through the right plan for you. Well there's your basic low cost coverage that's always affordable to cover you in case of an accident. Then you have premiums that cover total cost in case of an accident, liability and replacement of your bad mamma jamma!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Safeco RV insurance?

I have never had any problems with the service they provide. I have only had to use the customer service help when I was requesting a quote and determining the deductible and what coverage I would need. I was very happy with the options, offers such as the deductible, what options that were offered, the amount of coverage I needed, and the cost of the coverage. I was very happy with the coverage provided. They quoted me several different coverages and the cost of each coverage, the amount of deductible I required.

It took longer than expected for my paperwork to go through - but customer service was helpful in giving me time frames. The service itself was good and covered what it needed to. The woman I talked to on the phone was so helpful and really cared about the issue I was experiencing. I recommend this insurance provider to all of my friends and family members. They gave me multiple options to not only suit my financial goals, but were also very reasonable in price for what they offered. They didn't try to sell me on just one option. My coverage is above my initial standards, and makes me feel secure in my decision since there are so many provider out there that are just trying sell stuff.

Claims process is efficient and easy although I've never had a claim. I have heard Safeco delivers what it promises with no hassle or problems. I have contacted customer service at Safeco and they are very efficient at answering questions and resolving any issues you may have come up with and they make sure you're happy. I am happy Safeco's policy options as they pertain to me. I would highly recommend SAFECO to all my friends and acquaintances and other people that I just meet. Safeco coverage is very good and I would recommend adding auto and home policies together to get a better discount. They offer great discounts on desired coverage.

They are very great. They provide a great response. They offer good and excellent services. The people who work there act like they want to be there and want to do an excellent job. They were knowledgeable and were very efficient at what they do. The employees appear to of been there all their lives. I would highly recommend them and their services. They offer good policies and they offer reasonable rates. I look forward to looking at the rates and seeing how they compare with others. And are they up to snuff. I am satisfied with the coverage. I have been with them since May 2015. I have been with them longer than any other insurance company.

Delayed a little in the process of claims. They should improve this process. Company should improve quality of care. This company should improve customer care. I've had better stay in other insurance companies. I Liked it - the "Safeco Package". It offers the best combination of savings, convenience and coverage available. Usually it is ok. The auto coverage yes it's good, above of Reimbursement for First Aid, Accident Forgiveness, Diminishing Deductible. It's good too - the Full Coverage Protection (Comprehensive, Collision).

Expert Review

Cyril TuohyInsurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.    More about Cyril→

Safeco Insurance has been in the industry since 1923. The company has a range of insurance products that include renter, life, home, auto and umbrella insurance.

• Choose your deductible: Safeco encourages you to choose your own deductible, which can either lower monthly payments or lower the amount you pay if making a claim.
  • Package savings: Save money on your RV insurance when you bundle it with home, auto or any other type of insurance offered through Safeco.
  • Accident prevention discount: Before you purchase RV insurance, take an accident prevention course. Once you've completed the course, Safeco will discount your insurance purchase.
  • Custom policy: Read through Safeco's list of possible RV coverage options and choose your own. Options include Roadside Assistance, Loan Protection and Pet Coverage.
  • Roadside assistance: Coverage that comes in handy when you've locked your keys in the cab, burst a tire or face any number of incidents that can happen on the road.
  • Best for Safeco RV Insurance is best for retirees who have completed driver's safety courses. Also, for consumers who have insured other vehicles and property with the same insurance company.

Compare RV Insurance