Call Now Toll Free
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.06/5

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance Call Now Toll Free (844) 831-1405 Shop Now

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Only problem and all insurances do it. I can never get a COLA or pay raise from social security because the monthly premium increases more than raise every year as well medicare part B premium and deductible increases. I usually lose $20.00 yearly. Retired eight years. Had one year social security increase by One dollar, other years have been losses.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I have had the Part G policy for 3 yrs and my husband for 4 years. We have had zero problems. We also have their part D and I have been really happy with it but now I need one med they don’t cover. I dread switching. I have a lot of health issues and surgeries and my husband had a hip replacement so we use it a lot. I was not happy with the previous company (Humana) that my husband used. This one is much better. I do have to keep an eye on physicians since they love to charge for the $190 deductible even when I tell them it has been met. Eventually they refund it but I don’t like that. It is expensive but all the part G plans cost a lot. We may have to go to an Advantage plan eventually since we pay about $450 a month for both of us. That's almost half of my husband's social security check.

Get buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Updated on 10/24/2020: I submitted a similar review recently but just received my notification of a 15% premium increase for 2021 on top of a 25% increase last year. This is unconscionable! State insurance regulators apparently let them self-regulate by simply rubber stamping rate requests. I have read that MO would be an unprofitable company were it not for the Medicare supplement business. To the MO responder to these complaints: forget the redundant boilerplate response you have given to every critique about the high premium increases. Your unsympathetic and rote response only adds insult to injury!

Original Review: I purchased a supplemental Plan G from Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company at retirement and after just 6 years my premium more than doubled which is no longer sustainable. I am told that on-average age-attained rates may increase at 6-7% annually across all supplemental policy offerings but mine has averaged almost 12% annually. MofO Life Insurance Company no longer offers a Medigap policy in NC but has created a different entity called United World Life Insurance Company. This entity offers much lower premium quotes for Plan G to lure new business while keeping those in the old entity captured in a ‘Closed Pool‘ of clients who essentially subsidize the lower premiums of newer customers. This seems to me to be unethical at best and certainly stains Mutual of Omaha’s brand.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Ed. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We understand your concerns with rate increases. While it’s not our desire to raise rates, we do our best to minimize rate increases unless they’re absolutely necessary. If you'd like to discuss the specifics of your policy further, you can reach us at 800-775-3000 or email your preferred contact info and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: July 30, 2020

We purchased a "lump sum cancer" insurance policy and a "Heart attack/stroke policy" from Mutual of Omaha as a supplement to our health insurance. We thought we could trust Mutual of Omaha. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with oral cancer in February and had urgent surgery. We filed a claim under the "lump sum cancer" policy. Mutual of Omaha is stalling, and dragging their feet with unreasonable request and demands. They are completely ignoring the policy and agreement we made. 6 months later and they have not paid. Today I had to hire an attorney to pursue the claim. Very disappointing. I also canceled the "Heart attack/stroke" policy. Not worth it!

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Kevin. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take your concerns seriously and would like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Mutual of Omaha claims representative was very rude and not helpful at all. I made the mistake of paying deductible at very first doctor visit for the new year. She told me I had to call each doctor & straighten out myself. I am semi retired & had a lifetime of experience in accounting and customer service. She failed on both. Plus I am a new customer with Mutual of Omaha. Now I am having trouble with refunds on script side that was back ordered. So in my mind this company is difficult to work with.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Juanita. Thanks for the message. We take your concerns seriously and would like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I am now paying $395 a month for a Medigap policy from Mutual, and I joined their drug plan which has a high deductible of $435 before they would pay for my medications. Then they changed my eye drops for glaucoma, which I have had for 30 yrs, to higher tier, and told me I had to take the new generic version of the med I was on, I did and had a bad reaction from it and my doctor put me back on the original med. after calling the drug plan. Instead of me paying $25 co-pay as described in my plan when I signed up I have to pay $91 per month for this med. Totally disgusted with mutual. Stay away from them.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Jerry. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. If you’d like to discuss this further, we’d like to listen. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

This company is insane. Rates are unbearable. Since I took this 4 years ago rates have raised 25.00 a year and this year 50.00. When I took this I was told there might be periodic rate increases from time to time. Heck every year and huge. Will find another company!!!! 125.00 increase in 4 years. Retired people cannot afford them or want to. That means in 10 years it will be 800 to a 1000. Most of people’s checks. I can pay the left over myself by then!!!! Others I know say the same thing.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Donna. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We understand your concerns with rate increases. While it’s not our desire to raise rates, we do our best to minimize rate increases unless they’re absolutely necessary. We’d like to listen if you’d like to talk with one of our customer care team about the specifics of your policy. You can reach us at 800-775-3000 or email your preferred contact number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Updated on 04/15/2020: Ok back in February I complained cause I got several different quotes on my insulin’s so I filed a complaint. About the first week in March I received a call from a rep from the corporate office in Ohio. She told me that I would be getting a check for 630 & change as a refund. Also I had received a check for about 10 $ which I got both checks. Everything was fine until the first week in April when I received a statement that I owed about 415 dollars. Does anyone in this company have a clue about math? It would seem to me that someone from corporate would be of how the billing works.

Original Review: On 1/28/2020 I called to price my **. I had 3 -- **, ** & **. Was given a price for all 3 1125.65 so I approved them. On 1/29/2020 I checked my bank & they had taken the money out so I went in their site to see a status. That’s when I saw they had removed my ** from the order so I called & got it restored to the order. On 1/30/2020 I checked my credit card & they had charged another 63+ dollars so I call. They remove the charge. On 1/31/2020 I checked their site & cancelled all my ** so back on phone where I talk to another supervisor who then gives me a price of 1107 dollars & change so a little cheaper. I approve.

On 2/1/2020 here we are again. They ready the **, & ** with a note to call on my ** so on the phone again where they tell me that I need to pay more money a 1000 dollars to be exact. They say I haven’t paid my deductible so I ask for a manager. They finally get one to call me after they hung up. So he calls. He’s trying to help but his program won’t allow him to so he cancels the ** again. He then fills a ticket for his IT group to work on that. Will take a week so he say he will have a top manager call me within 24 hours. No call. So today I call to see if they can give me an extra week of **. The supervisor said yes & set it up. A couple of hours later I check my credit card where there’s a charge for 790 dollars. Wtf. So I call again. The supervisor was a **. Keep in mind except for the First Lady the rest were supervisor.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Randy. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We’d like to discuss this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I've had Plan F for 8 years from MOO and always paid for a full year in advance. For years I would get the same song and dance letter about I was getting older and due to other costs my premium was going up usually $300. to $400 a year. Last year my premium was $2760. and I almost went into shock when my premium notice came this year almost doubling the premium over $4,400. That's like $375. a month for insurance that only covers 20% and some small deductibles. At the same time I went with MOO I recommended a friend to take it. They did the same thing to her this year. I had moved from Wisc to Maryland, but she had been a lifetime Maryland resident and MOO almost doubled hers also.

I have read where MOO is phasing out Plan F so they aren't accepting new customers and the ones of us that have been with them for years are getting robbed. Outrageous, Shocked and Disgusted all apply here. What kind of company does that to seniors? If I could give MOO zero stars I would do it. They say, "We can have a representative call you." For what. To hand you the same song and dance they in their increase letter?

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Nancy. Thanks taking the time to provide a review. We understand your concerns with rate increases. While it’s not our desire to raise rates, we do our best to minimize rate increases unless they’re absolutely necessary. We’d like to listen if you’d like to talk with one of our customer care team about the specifics of your policy. You can reach us at 800-775-3000 or email your preferred contact number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

My wife and I have had Plan G for two years. Premiums for 2020 are going up almost 20.4%. They went up 12.8% last year. Health care is expensive and there is always some inflation. However, we paid over $3,000 in premiums for 2019 and MOO paid $845 totally for the both of us. That's some profit margin!

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Thomas. Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. We understand your concerns with rate increases. While it’s not our desire to raise rates, we do our best to minimize rate increases unless they’re absolutely necessary. We’d like to listen if you’d like to talk with one of our customer care team about the specifics of your policy. You can reach us at 800-775-3000 or email your preferred contact number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com.

Mutual of Omaha author review by Cyril Tuohy

Mutual of Omaha was founded in 1909 and began selling health insurance policies the following year. It administered Medicare parts A and B when the program started in 1966. Today, Mutual of Omaha offers a variety of supplement insurance policies for Medicare recipients so consumers can find a plan that fits their needs and budget.

• Household discount: When multiple people living in the same household both have a Medicare supplement insurance from Mutual of Omaha, each member receives discount on their plan.

• Instant quote: Interested consumers can get an instant quote by visiting Mutual of Omaha’s website. They simply enter their date of birth, zip code and whether or not they use tobacco, and the site will show them plan availability and costs for their location.

• Saturday hours: Customer service representatives are available from 8:00am to 8:00pm on weekdays and for more limited hours on Saturdays and Sundays, so consumers can get help even on weekends.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance Company Information