Call Now Toll Free
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.09/5

Mutual of Omaha is a provider of Medicare supplemental insurance. The company offers a user-friendly website experience for those who want to compare plans and get quotes online. It offers several policy options, as well as foreign travel protection. Its coverage includes Plan F, G and N in Medicare Parts A and B.

BOTTOM LINE

Mutual of Omaha offers Medicare supplement insurance for older adults, closing gaps in coverage that lead to out-of-pocket costs. You can get a free quote online to see your payment and policy options.

PROS

• Easy online quotes
  • Multiple plan options
  • Foreign travel coverage

CONS

• Can be expensive
  • Limited enrollment periods

Top Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance?

It's a great company that I trust bringing me the good quality of healthcare, and also has a wide range of providers. Gives me peace of mind when it comes to healthcare, and knows what I care, I need, and when I need it… they take care of my needs with no out of pocket cost…

I was lucky to have an awesome agent who answered all our questions… Mutual of Omaha has been around for a number of years, and a company you can trust. I think it is important, especially at this time in life, when we are aging and need medical care…

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance Call Now Toll Free (844) 831-1405 Shop Now

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

What is Mutual of Omaha?

Mutual of Omaha is a Medicare supplemental insurance (Medigap) provider that fills gaps in coverage for those with Medicare. These supplements help cover copays, deductibles and coinsurance costs not included in your Medicare coverage, making them ideal for those who want a regular, predictable bill rather than having to worry about unexpected costs due to gaps in Medicare coverage.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplement plans

Mutual of Omaha offers three Medicare supplement plans: Plan F, Plan G and Plan N. All plans include:

• Basic benefits (though Plan N requires a copay)
  • Skilled nursing coinsurance
  • Medicare Part A deductibles
  • Foreign travel emergencies

You can’t cancel your Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplemental plan midterm; it will renew as long as you continue to make your flat monthly payment. Its plans are compatible with all providers that accept Medicare, so you can keep your existing doctors and hospitals. Its open enrollment period starts when you turn 65 or when you first sign up for Medicare Part B; the period lasts six months, and applying outside this window could require medical underwriting.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplement rates

Pricing for Mutual of Omaha’s Medicare supplemental policies range from roughly $80 to $300 per month. There are no discounts for paying annually as opposed to monthly. The company also offers prescription drug plans as add-on coverage, which cost between $24 and $74 a month. It also provides dental plans from $9 to $50 monthly.

You can get a personalized quote on Mutual of Omaha’s website or from a local agent. A quote for a 70-year-old female with a 74012 ZIP code gave us the following rates:

• Plan F: $121.65 per month
  • Plan G: $108.87 per month
  • Plan N: $81.49 per month

Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplemental insurance FAQ

Does Mutual of Omaha offer dental insurance?
Yes, Mutual of Omaha offers dental coverage as an optional add-on. This coverage costs $9 to $50 per month.
Does Mutual of Omaha offer SilverSneakers?
No, Mutual of Omaha doesn’t offer SilverSneakers or other free gym memberships. However, you might be able to get this benefit with other Medicare plans.
Where are Mutual of Omaha Medicare supplements available?
These Medicare supplemental policies are available nationwide; Mutual of Omaha’s plans also offer coverage around the world in the event of travel emergencies.

Is Mutual of Omaha a good choice for Medicare supplemental insurance?

Mutual of Omaha is a well-known insurance provider that offers customizable Medicare supplemental coverage that’s ideal for those who prefer to compare plans online — the quote tool on its website is quick and easy. This coverage is available nationwide (and internationally in the event of travel emergencies), so it might be a good option if you’re interested in covering gaps in your current Medicare policy.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

We've never had a problem with Mutual of Omaha, and they're very efficient when we call them with questions. We think our supplemental insurance F may be a bit high priced, but cannot figure out who else may be cheaper. Medicare's webpage was no help whatsoever. Very irritated with Medicare website.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

The only negative that I have about this supplemental plan is that the premium increase takes my entire COLA for the year. I like that Medicare bills the company for their share and I don't have to submit a separate claim for it.

Get buying tips about Medicare Supplemental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I have had Mutual of Omaha for several years. After a $200 deductible yearly they have never failed to pay what Medicare doesn't. My premium has increased over the years but so has everything else. I bought the policy through an individual and he has always been helpful with any questions. He also checks every year to see if I am getting the best value with my policy.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Only problem and all insurances do it. I can never get a COLA or pay raise from social security because the monthly premium increases more than raise every year as well medicare part B premium and deductible increases. I usually lose $20.00 yearly. Retired eight years. Had one year social security increase by One dollar, other years have been losses.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I have had the Part G policy for 3 yrs and my husband for 4 years. We have had zero problems. We also have their part D and I have been really happy with it but now I need one med they don’t cover. I dread switching. I have a lot of health issues and surgeries and my husband had a hip replacement so we use it a lot. I was not happy with the previous company (Humana) that my husband used. This one is much better. I do have to keep an eye on physicians since they love to charge for the $190 deductible even when I tell them it has been met. Eventually they refund it but I don’t like that. It is expensive but all the part G plans cost a lot. We may have to go to an Advantage plan eventually since we pay about $450 a month for both of us. That's almost half of my husband's social security check.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Service/support is adequate but they doubled my premium... My monthly premium went from $260/mo 2020 to $485/mo for 2021. Switched to another company for 2021 and saved $225/mo with same coverage. No matter I am relatively healthy for an older subscriber.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Updated on 10/24/2020: I submitted a similar review recently but just received my notification of a 15% premium increase for 2021 on top of a 25% increase last year. This is unconscionable! State insurance regulators apparently let them self-regulate by simply rubber stamping rate requests. I have read that MO would be an unprofitable company were it not for the Medicare supplement business. To the MO responder to these complaints: forget the redundant boilerplate response you have given to every critique about the high premium increases. Your unsympathetic and rote response only adds insult to injury!

Original Review: I purchased a supplemental Plan G from Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company at retirement and after just 6 years my premium more than doubled which is no longer sustainable. I am told that on-average age-attained rates may increase at 6-7% annually across all supplemental policy offerings but mine has averaged almost 12% annually. MofO Life Insurance Company no longer offers a Medigap policy in NC but has created a different entity called United World Life Insurance Company. This entity offers much lower premium quotes for Plan G to lure new business while keeping those in the old entity captured in a ‘Closed Pool‘ of clients who essentially subsidize the lower premiums of newer customers. This seems to me to be unethical at best and certainly stains Mutual of Omaha’s brand.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Ed. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We understand your concerns with rate increases. While it’s not our desire to raise rates, we do our best to minimize rate increases unless they’re absolutely necessary. If you'd like to discuss the specifics of your policy further, you can reach us at 800-775-3000 or email your preferred contact info and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: July 30, 2020

We purchased a "lump sum cancer" insurance policy and a "Heart attack/stroke policy" from Mutual of Omaha as a supplement to our health insurance. We thought we could trust Mutual of Omaha. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with oral cancer in February and had urgent surgery. We filed a claim under the "lump sum cancer" policy. Mutual of Omaha is stalling, and dragging their feet with unreasonable request and demands. They are completely ignoring the policy and agreement we made. 6 months later and they have not paid. Today I had to hire an attorney to pursue the claim. Very disappointing. I also canceled the "Heart attack/stroke" policy. Not worth it!

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Kevin. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take your concerns seriously and would like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Mutual of Omaha claims representative was very rude and not helpful at all. I made the mistake of paying deductible at very first doctor visit for the new year. She told me I had to call each doctor & straighten out myself. I am semi retired & had a lifetime of experience in accounting and customer service. She failed on both. Plus I am a new customer with Mutual of Omaha. Now I am having trouble with refunds on script side that was back ordered. So in my mind this company is difficult to work with.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Juanita. Thanks for the message. We take your concerns seriously and would like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Original review: April 17, 2020

I am now paying $395 a month for a Medigap policy from Mutual, and I joined their drug plan which has a high deductible of $435 before they would pay for my medications. Then they changed my eye drops for glaucoma, which I have had for 30 yrs, to higher tier, and told me I had to take the new generic version of the med I was on, I did and had a bad reaction from it and my doctor put me back on the original med. after calling the drug plan. Instead of me paying $25 co-pay as described in my plan when I signed up I have to pay $91 per month for this med. Totally disgusted with mutual. Stay away from them.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Jerry. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. If you’d like to discuss this further, we’d like to listen. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance Company Information