Call Now Toll Free
Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.07/5

Mutual of Omaha is a provider of Medicare supplemental insurance. The company offers a user-friendly website experience for those who want to compare plans and get quotes online. It offers several policy options, as well as foreign travel protection. Its coverage includes Plan F, G and N in Medicare Parts A and B.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance Call Now Toll Free (844) 831-1405 Shop Now

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started

Compare Medicare plans and pricing

Shop plans on Medicare.net

Get Started
Call Now Toll Free

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

This company is insane. Rates are unbearable. Since I took this 4 years ago rates have raised 25.00 a year and this year 50.00. When I took this I was told there might be periodic rate increases from time to time. Heck every year and huge. Will find another company!!!! 125.00 increase in 4 years. Retired people cannot afford them or want to. That means in 10 years it will be 800 to a 1000. Most of people’s checks. I can pay the left over myself by then!!!! Others I know say the same thing.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Donna. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We understand your concerns with rate increases. While it’s not our desire to raise rates, we do our best to minimize rate increases unless they’re absolutely necessary. We’d like to listen if you’d like to talk with one of our customer care team about the specifics of your policy. You can reach us at 800-775-3000 or email your preferred contact number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Updated on 04/15/2020: Ok back in February I complained cause I got several different quotes on my insulin’s so I filed a complaint. About the first week in March I received a call from a rep from the corporate office in Ohio. She told me that I would be getting a check for 630 & change as a refund. Also I had received a check for about 10 $ which I got both checks. Everything was fine until the first week in April when I received a statement that I owed about 415 dollars. Does anyone in this company have a clue about math? It would seem to me that someone from corporate would be of how the billing works.

Original Review: On 1/28/2020 I called to price my **. I had 3 -- **, ** & **. Was given a price for all 3 1125.65 so I approved them. On 1/29/2020 I checked my bank & they had taken the money out so I went in their site to see a status. That’s when I saw they had removed my ** from the order so I called & got it restored to the order. On 1/30/2020 I checked my credit card & they had charged another 63+ dollars so I call. They remove the charge. On 1/31/2020 I checked their site & cancelled all my ** so back on phone where I talk to another supervisor who then gives me a price of 1107 dollars & change so a little cheaper. I approve.

On 2/1/2020 here we are again. They ready the **, & ** with a note to call on my ** so on the phone again where they tell me that I need to pay more money a 1000 dollars to be exact. They say I haven’t paid my deductible so I ask for a manager. They finally get one to call me after they hung up. So he calls. He’s trying to help but his program won’t allow him to so he cancels the ** again. He then fills a ticket for his IT group to work on that. Will take a week so he say he will have a top manager call me within 24 hours. No call. So today I call to see if they can give me an extra week of **. The supervisor said yes & set it up. A couple of hours later I check my credit card where there’s a charge for 790 dollars. Wtf. So I call again. The supervisor was a **. Keep in mind except for the First Lady the rest were supervisor.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Randy. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We’d like to discuss this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I've had Plan F for 8 years from MOO and always paid for a full year in advance. For years I would get the same song and dance letter about I was getting older and due to other costs my premium was going up usually $300. to $400 a year. Last year my premium was $2760. and I almost went into shock when my premium notice came this year almost doubling the premium over $4,400. That's like $375. a month for insurance that only covers 20% and some small deductibles. At the same time I went with MOO I recommended a friend to take it. They did the same thing to her this year. I had moved from Wisc to Maryland, but she had been a lifetime Maryland resident and MOO almost doubled hers also.

I have read where MOO is phasing out Plan F so they aren't accepting new customers and the ones of us that have been with them for years are getting robbed. Outrageous, Shocked and Disgusted all apply here. What kind of company does that to seniors? If I could give MOO zero stars I would do it. They say, "We can have a representative call you." For what. To hand you the same song and dance they in their increase letter?

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Nancy. Thanks taking the time to provide a review. We understand your concerns with rate increases. While it’s not our desire to raise rates, we do our best to minimize rate increases unless they’re absolutely necessary. We’d like to listen if you’d like to talk with one of our customer care team about the specifics of your policy. You can reach us at 800-775-3000 or email your preferred contact number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

My wife and I have had Plan G for two years. Premiums for 2020 are going up almost 20.4%. They went up 12.8% last year. Health care is expensive and there is always some inflation. However, we paid over $3,000 in premiums for 2019 and MOO paid $845 totally for the both of us. That's some profit margin!

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Thomas. Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. We understand your concerns with rate increases. While it’s not our desire to raise rates, we do our best to minimize rate increases unless they’re absolutely necessary. We’d like to listen if you’d like to talk with one of our customer care team about the specifics of your policy. You can reach us at 800-775-3000 or email your preferred contact number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Mutual of Omaha's RX division needs to spend some time investigating their billing issues. I just read a negative review about it that is a carbon copy of what I am experiencing with them. I keep getting notice that my direct billing is being returned by my bank and that is not the case. I have had 3 reps assure me that NOW they are establishing my direct billing and it falls through each time. On top of that, you cannot understand the reps so I really doubt if they understand me. This has been soooo frustrating.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

Stay away from this company – they seem totally incompetent. MoO’s entire Medicare supplemental process is so non-intuitive that it’s impossible to understand its enrollment, customer services and separate billing systems. Despite multiple attempts during Summer 2019 to let MoO Rx know I wasn’t being billed, I was consistently told by the automated system and by Customer Service reps that I had a $0 balance. Apparently data from MoO’s Part B supplemental and data from MoO Rx do not share data for the same policy holder. MoO Rx “prescription” billing doesn’t even share data with MoO Rx premium billing. Case notes during phone calls are also kept separate and having the correct address in one part of the MoO system doesn’t mean that the correct data will be shared in their other systems, even within MoO Rx.

Without any notification, MoO Rx cancelled my policy over the Labor Day weekend for lack of payment. Although I re-enrolled on Sept 4 and paid all of the back charges via credit card, they then cancelled my “new” policy for lack of payment on the original policy. I filed a grievance with them but they still refused to reinstate my Rx policy.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Sara. Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. We take your concerns seriously and would like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have had this policy for 7 years and have never disputed any payments or non-payments by the company. It is gap coverage and that is what it does. I do not miss any sleep worrying about my co-pays concerning my medical bills.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

This is a great insurance and company; however, while other supplement insurers have been raising rates by $5-$6 per year, Mutual of Omaha's United World Health has raised the price $9 plus dollars and THIS year $26. I can't help it if a doctor can scrape off a bit of loose skin, send it for analysis, then charge for an OPERATION and other fees. Though, from what Medicare does by only allowing a small portion of the bill, then paying only 80% & the supplement the rest, I can see why doctors do it - to try to break even.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

As a licensed insurance agent, I searched out the best. This is the company I recommend to my clients. My experience for claims payment and service for the past 4 years are fantastic. Had complete hip replacement with a 45 day stay in rehab. All paid for with Medicare and my supplement. Other events of hospital stays, etc. Cannot be more pleased. Rates are very much in line with my Plan G.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

After six years of paying my Medicare Supplement policy premium every month Mutual of Omaha is raising my premium 79% on December 1, 2019. I have moved from North Carolina to Florida and that triggered a 55% increase. Then, they compounded it by 12% because they paid out all of $3000 in claims last year and finally another 3% was added after the 55% and 12% were combined. Now, the rate of $249 is higher than if I got a Florida policy based on my current age of 71 even though in Florida a 71 year old who took out the policy at 65 would be paying the same 65 year old rate for life. But now I have to pay a rate even higher than the older person rate this year and I am subject to having my rate increased every year until dead.

I attempted to switch to a Mutual of Omaha Florida Policy that was exactly the same plan even at the the higher rate but they refused citing preexisting conditions. Let's see: I am willing to accept a one time 79% increase but Mutual of Omaha says no because they now want to impose preexisting conditions. Let's see: Same Company as for the past 6 years, Same Medicare Plan as for the Past 6 years. What's different is that they are saying that they can stick it to me and that they are going to stick it to me and raise my rate every year. When I ask Mutual of Omaha about it they said "the insurance commission approved it." When I asked the insurance commissioner (NC) why they approved such a high increase, they said it was based on information provided. I asked who provided it and they answered, "Mutual of Omaha." Go figure! PS. The Florida Insurance Commission says "It is not our problem."

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance response

Hi, Randy. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We understand your concerns with rate increases. While it’s not our desire to raise rates, we do our best to minimize rate increases unless they’re absolutely necessary. We’d like to listen if you’d like to talk with one of our customer care team about the specifics of your policy. You can reach us at 800-775-3000 or email your preferred contact number and to customercare@mutualofomaha.com.

Mutual of Omaha Medicare Supplemental Insurance Company Information