Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

Today I received a bill from Mutual of Omaha. I pay quarterly for my life insurance. Today is September 13th. I just received a bill for August 24th that I know I paid. This has happened to me twice. I do not pay them by check. I pay them by money order. I had the money order here. They still didn't List It, because the error couldn't possibly be their fault. I dropped them today. I now have a different Insurance Company that is local and I can pay in person. They received a payment from me in mid July. They told me this was from the May billing statement. I told them that could not be possible because that would have been well over the grace period And I would have been canceled.

I tried to explain to them that payment was for the bill that I just received today but they said no. They hold all the cards, but I'm not going to deal with this and I'm not going to pay premiums twice. Because I paid them by money order instead of check and it will not fit on the next page as a receipt I can tell you it was paid by Western Union money order **.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

My mother-in-law signed a life insurance policy in 2021. COVID was raging and by June of 2021 my mother-in-law got sick with Pneumonia and was hospitalized. By December of 2021 she died from COVID. All medical records which encompassed 5,000 pages were sent to Mutual of Omaha and 9 months later they denied the claim. When my wife called to ask why she was told that her mother lost 19lbs and that because it wasn't reported to Mutual of Omaha they had the right to deny her claim.

Why would we arbitrarily call Mutual of Omaha to say by the way mom just lost 19 lbs. She was in a hospital for months and then transferred to a nursing home and then back to the hospital because she required constant care. Why Mutual of Omaha is allowed to stay in business I don't understand after reading other reviews similarly. This is a travesty and my wife hasn't been able to grieve and nine months later her worst fear has happened. Please think before choosing this company.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Aug. 4, 2022

Thank You Mutual of Omaha! Physicians Mutual Dental has informed me of my mistake. You are a Fine Company serving the Life Insurance Needs of USA Citizens and Expats as well.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

As of 02 August 2022 my attempt to resolve overdraft autopay monthly policy payments as of 07 May 2022 Policy 'Not in Force' date is still being billed after 5 requests to cancel my personal dental online policy (no policy#).

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Roger. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We would like to look into this for you. Please email your contact information to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, along with the best time to reach you, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: April 27, 2022

After being with my husband for 44 years, we were out celebrating our 45th anniversary. Came home and he had a massive heart attack January 31st at 12:05am of this year 2022. You talk about deviations, no words can explain. I was lost and still am yet to this day. Unfortunately the grief and pain will never go away. I called Mutual of Omaha because that’s who the life insurance was purchased through and I thought thought this would take away some of the relief for myself and children after the service for his burial was 9,453.00. Well lo and behold I was told he passed 30 days before the 2 year mark and that the policy is contestable.

I was devastated and had to get down on my knees and just surrender my soul to God and just lean solely on him to make it through. Here it is going into May. I have still heard nothing from this insurance company, not a sorry for your loss’ status on claim or nothing and I call every day. All I get is it’s in review, it’s in review yet they had no problem drafting my account every month on time for my premium payments. I am at the point of filing a complaint with the insurance commissioner because I am really beginning to believe that this company is fraudulent.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I had a John Wayne cancer policy. I had a skin body that was not 100% conclusive of squamous cell cancer. I was paid and then my policy was cancelled by the company. I did review all my emails and there was no email or letter sent in the mail, as they claim. I did not have cancer after the second biopsy, and I called 4/2022 to make some changes to find out it was no longer in effect. The person who took my call, Brittany told me she was sorry I was having financial problems, as I should have known my bank did not take out the money. My other 2 policies were being paid. So I cancelled them both. I will say find another company.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Read the fine print. Apparently my cancer didn't qualify as a sickness and because I reached retirement age that also disqualified me. I was off work over a year then I reached the age of retirement. And be prepared fill out a 16 page claim form.

Original review: March 10, 2022

We had gotten my mom life insurance just to help her daughter with the final expenses. The policy is only for 5,000 and since it was under two years they want every detail. I understand this but my mother passed away from covid. Pretty hard to have that as one of the qualifying questions. Dr has sent them the info that they requested and now they want more specific information. She had cancer and had been clear for several like 6 years. They want more information now. The doctor completely says that her cancer was done for many years before she got her policy and he will not give any more information because of privacy issues he says. I just want to pay back the person I borrowed money from to have her cremated. But they say they can't pay me till they have more information. FOR what? information that she died of covid. Scammers.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Heather. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We’d like to discuss this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

After paying into a life insurance plan for my daughter for over 25 years, we noticed we never received our bill that is due quarterly, call and spoke to a representative and she said she doesn’t understand why a bill wasn’t sent out. She stated she would expedite a bill. That was a week ago. I guess Mutual of Omaha doesn’t want to cover her so they stop sending bills so policy will lapse! Lost all that money.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

My father passed 4 months ago on 07/07/2021. Every time I try to reach someone it is a struggle. I've been trying to take care of my mother and I on my own who had a stroke but they take forever. If you see this my policy # is ** and have sent you the death certificate again and again. It's seriously frustrating to deal with all this. I'll change my review when you get to it.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Howard. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We'd like to look into this delay further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

They scammed us over a missed 45.00 payment as my dad was dying in the hospital, and took $2600 dollars from a 5k policy that I needed to put my dad to rest! How you CEO sleeps at night! Disgusting organization.

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Mutual of Omaha author review by Neal Frankle

Also a Fortune 500 company, Mutual of Omaha was founded in 1909 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.

• Product variety: Mutual of Omaha sells almost every type of financial product imaginable.

• Reputation: Mutual of Omaha is highly rated, and has a long track record in the insurance business.

• Competition: Mutual of Omaha is a solid company but they may not always offer the most competitive products.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Advisor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company Information