2. Finance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I’m very pleased with Mutual of Omaha’s ongoing efforts to educate their customers on what your insurance and financial wellness needs are. My agent regularly checks in on us at least twice a year, providing a free yearly financial advisor review also. Our insurance policies vary from whole life which earns return interest of no less than 4% yearly. I’m very confident and pleased that Mutual of Omaha is meeting our insurance needs with life, long term care, and retirement annuities investments.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I took out my accidental death life insurance (not a whole life) over a decade ago to ensure my spouse an adequate income in my untimely death. Working with Mutual of Omaha I found a policy that provides me with the coverage I need for the price I can afford. They set me up with automatic payments from my bank account, so there's no chance that the policy would lapse if my spouse was delayed in submitting for benefits. Plus Mutual of Omaha notifies me by email in advance of taking payment every month, which assures me that all is in order.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have a practical and effective insurance policy with great and affordable rates. Company has an excellent and easy to use website. The payment services it offers vary and you have choices on how to make payments. I am more than pleased with this company.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Refinance was a joke. Two months later and still having issues closing. I withdrew my application to go with another company and they say that they denied my loan due to issues with my well. I was not declined. Never have I ever had so many issues with a refinance.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I was paired with Mutual of Omaha through Costco's mortgage program. The agent I was assigned to presented me with a very attractive offer for a refinance on my mortgage. After getting my application in, this agent ignored me on many different occasions. He even went on vacation for a week and did not have the decency to inform me, nor pass me onto a colleague who actually had time to work with me. Emails and phone calls were continuously ignored. All of this occurred during the time I was desperately trying to get a rate lock in, but his delays eventually caused me to lock in a higher mortgage rate with a lower lender credit two and a half weeks later.

I took my grievances to Costco and Mutual of Omaha, but they decided to do nothing for me other than a mediocre apology and a pathetic $500 refund, even though this horrible experience will end up costing me thousands of dollars over the life of my loan. Mutual of Omaha deserves zero stars or less for the experience I went through. I have no idea to this day why I was ignored... It was as though they were purposefully trying to delay my rate lock so that they didn't have to give me the offer that was originally presented to me.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Arun. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We take your concerns seriously and would like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customerservice@mutualmortgage.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Updated on 02/17/2021: Hello. I sent an email to customercare@mutualofomaha.com yesterday morning 2/16/21 regarding the issue below but, have not received a response. I will send another email today.

Original Review: Hello. I was contacted by my Agent, yesterday morning to sign a document that needed to be returned as soon as possible to finalize my approval for a 20 year term policy, with a face value of 300,000. He has been wonderful by the way as I am new to this process and needed some guidance. He says that I need to sign this document by 2/18. I am writing because I never received the policy to view in advance, or the medical results, or any other results relating to my classification rating.

Previous to the approval, I did as my Agent suggested, and went thru the medical exam which to my knowledge per my Agent it came back great. Also I have never been a tobacco user. Further I offered and forwarded additional medical information with genetic testing results. I am hoping to be reclassified with a lower monthly premium amount. It seems as though I am directed to pay for a 20 year term with a face value of $500,000 or more. Please advise. Thank you so much.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Janine. Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. Our Customer Care team is available to help by calling 1-800-775-6000 Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Fridays, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. or by email at customercare@mutualofomaha.com.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

I really wish I had time to change mortgage companies but unfortunately time is not on my side as I am coming up on the end of my lease. My house is done and has been done for two weeks now. The only thing that is holding me up from moving is this mortgage company. It appears they are dragging their feet and hiding behind emails. I reach out for an update and they always say they are “waiting” for something else from someone else. The last time they said that I personally reached out to who they were waiting on and got the information in 5 mins. At this point I’m doing their job for them. They gave my realtor a hard time when he wanted to speak with them and ask questions. This experience has been a nightmare. I don’t have a closing date, I don’t know the status. I so desperately want this all to be over with, I get anxiety just thinking about everything that I have been dealing with. I wish I knew this months ago.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Have this supplement 15 years. M of O just increased 35% now that I’m 80. This is how you could be rewarded for loyal 15 years to them. My policy now costs $460 per month and of course I’ll see doctors more but had many years of not a dime spent. And this is my reward.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

Mutual of Omaha Mortgage division is a complete waste of time. Unprofessional and total liars. Do not waste your time with these jerks. 800+ score, more money in investments than the mortgage amount, and still denied by stupid so called mortgage professionals. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. These imbeciles at MOO do not return emails, phone calls, or text messages. All of their staff should be fired.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Richard. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We take your concerns seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customerservice@mutualmortgage.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I first signed up for life insurance policies for my family (4) 18 years ago as well as my mother. We recently found out we were told completely total lies about the premiums. My mother’s premiums went up so high she could no longer afford them and by this happening I realized this would also happen to me. Complete lies! I went with a different agent this time to get better policies ( don’t know why I stuck with M of O) and it has been a nightmare. We are going on 4 months to get these new policies in effect. I have 0 confidence that if something happened to me that Mutual of Omaha would take care of my family.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Carl. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We take your concerns seriously and would like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Original review: July 28, 2020

My spouse and I signed up for 200,000 policies a year ago because we were told it was life insurance, found out today when I went on their website to change payment form that it was limited accident not life insurance. we have been paying a year on what we thought we would be able to pay our house off if something to one of us, only to find out we were scammed and would have gotten nothing unless one of us died in an accident. Stay away from this company. I have requested full refund of the premiums we have paid into the false insurance. See how it goes.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Micheal. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We’d like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: July 13, 2020

We were approached as a Costco member special deal while we were in the process of refinancing our current home. They beat our deal with another company so we have decided to go with them. Big mistake! The process was incredibly slow with very limited communication. It was dragged incredibly to the point when the 55 day lock had passed and the new deal had to be made. I would say it’s their loss to lose us. I would advise everyone who’s considering a mortgage and or refinancing to go with someone else to take care of it promptly as long as the rate is compatible.

Original review: June 30, 2020

My son, who may have been a customer in the past, died in 2007 and still receives promotional mail from Mutual of Omaha.... I have contacted the company numerous times with no result.... I guess my son will live on forever, even though it is upsetting to get mail addressed to him on a periodic basis....

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Perry. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and please accept our apologies for the unwanted mail you have been receiving. Please email your son's name and mailing address to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and we’ll have the mailings stopped.

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Mutual of Omaha author review by Neal Frankle

Also a Fortune 500 company, Mutual of Omaha was founded in 1909 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.

• Product variety: Mutual of Omaha sells almost every type of financial product imaginable.

• Reputation: Mutual of Omaha is highly rated, and has a long track record in the insurance business.

• Competition: Mutual of Omaha is a solid company but they may not always offer the most competitive products.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company Information