Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha?

Original review: April 27, 2022

After being with my husband for 44 years, we were out celebrating our 45th anniversary. Came home and he had a massive heart attack January 31st at 12:05am of this year 2022. You talk about deviations, no words can explain. I was lost and still am yet to this day. Unfortunately the grief and pain will never go away. I called Mutual of Omaha because that’s who the life insurance was purchased through and I thought thought this would take away some of the relief for myself and children after the service for his burial was 9,453.00. Well lo and behold I was told he passed 30 days before the 2 year mark and that the policy is contestable.

I was devastated and had to get down on my knees and just surrender my soul to God and just lean solely on him to make it through. Here it is going into May. I have still heard nothing from this insurance company, not a sorry for your loss’ status on claim or nothing and I call every day. All I get is it’s in review, it’s in review yet they had no problem drafting my account every month on time for my premium payments. I am at the point of filing a complaint with the insurance commissioner because I am really beginning to believe that this company is fraudulent.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I had a John Wayne cancer policy. I had a skin body that was not 100% conclusive of squamous cell cancer. I was paid and then my policy was cancelled by the company. I did review all my emails and there was no email or letter sent in the mail, as they claim. I did not have cancer after the second biopsy, and I called 4/2022 to make some changes to find out it was no longer in effect. The person who took my call, Brittany told me she was sorry I was having financial problems, as I should have known my bank did not take out the money. My other 2 policies were being paid. So I cancelled them both. I will say find another company.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Read the fine print. Apparently my cancer didn't qualify as a sickness and because I reached retirement age that also disqualified me. I was off work over a year then I reached the age of retirement. And be prepared fill out a 16 page claim form.

Original review: March 10, 2022

We had gotten my mom life insurance just to help her daughter with the final expenses. The policy is only for 5,000 and since it was under two years they want every detail. I understand this but my mother passed away from covid. Pretty hard to have that as one of the qualifying questions. Dr has sent them the info that they requested and now they want more specific information. She had cancer and had been clear for several like 6 years. They want more information now. The doctor completely says that her cancer was done for many years before she got her policy and he will not give any more information because of privacy issues he says. I just want to pay back the person I borrowed money from to have her cremated. But they say they can't pay me till they have more information. FOR what? information that she died of covid. Scammers.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Heather. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We’d like to discuss this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

After paying into a life insurance plan for my daughter for over 25 years, we noticed we never received our bill that is due quarterly, call and spoke to a representative and she said she doesn’t understand why a bill wasn’t sent out. She stated she would expedite a bill. That was a week ago. I guess Mutual of Omaha doesn’t want to cover her so they stop sending bills so policy will lapse! Lost all that money.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

My father passed 4 months ago on 07/07/2021. Every time I try to reach someone it is a struggle. I've been trying to take care of my mother and I on my own who had a stroke but they take forever. If you see this my policy # is ** and have sent you the death certificate again and again. It's seriously frustrating to deal with all this. I'll change my review when you get to it.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Howard. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We'd like to look into this delay further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

They scammed us over a missed 45.00 payment as my dad was dying in the hospital, and took $2600 dollars from a 5k policy that I needed to put my dad to rest! How you CEO sleeps at night! Disgusting organization.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

This policy has Accelerated Benefits. I am the policy owner and my elderly mother was injured and needed a knee replacement. Her Doctor clearly stated that my mother has a Chronic Illness Condition & she requires help in 4 areas; Toileting, Transferring, Bathing & Continence which meet the criteria that Mutual of Omaha requires. Yet, despite this, M.o.O. denied our claim in a letter dated Aug 20. On or about Aug 31st, upon receipt of that letter, I called to get an explanation which did not sound valid. I then followed up with an email stating that we want to dispute the decision and move to the next level. The Rep said she will forward to a 3rd party for review.

On Sept 10,2021, we forwarded another letter from our Physician's assistant who clearly explained the situation and clarified the issue at hand. In the letter, she makes it clear that appliances were ordered but Mom’s medical insurance denied it. Therefore she needs substantial assistance from me in those 4 areas listed. So here we sit with a valid class m that they denied. Even my insurance rep stated she was shocked because she’s seen these cases get approved. I honestly feel that their true reason is because we had not owned the policy that long. My final honest opinion is to avoid buying a policy from them because if you hadn’t owned it that long they will make up reasons to deny your claim.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I bought life insurance about 25 years ago and every month they deduct automatically from my bank account. I called my agent over ten years ago and she had passed away and now I am asking if they can send me records of my life insurance because I lost all my paperwork during the flood. They said they were gonna send me copies and they never have till this day. I requested many times more for copies and they have not responded. Last week I spoke to an agent at the main office and she stated she will send it over and still waiting. I have no answers from them. I called again and spoke with another agent and they stated my policy will expire in four years and they said if I don’t die in four years my life insurance will be cancelled and all the money they took out will be lost.

According to them, I need to die within four years so my kids can collect my insurance money or another option was to send a new agent and start another policy that will cost me 100x more than what I am paying now because of my age. This is ridiculous and theft because they hiding my documents and for some reason do not want to release anything to me. To me this is the worst company! Never deal with this and I mentioned to the agent they are a bunch of thieves. Does anyone know anyone who has gone through this and please advise what I can do. When I signed the first day with the agent, she said I will have life insurance policy forever and maybe in 10 - 20 years I can borrow my own money, and now they say I no longer have that.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hello, Angela. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We take your concerns seriously and would like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

My father passed on April 27, 2021. Today is September 7, 2021 and still no payout of his term policy. The claim was filed about 1 week after he passed. The communication is terrible with this company. We last reached out 3 weeks ago to find out they were waiting on information from a Doctor that we were able to get done with one phone call. At that point we were told it is under review, yet 3 weeks later, still nothing. This company does not have your family's best interest in mind. We still don't know if they will actually payout the policy. There are much better companies out there.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Chris. Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. We’d like to look into this further to see what is happening. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Mutual of Omaha author review by Neal Frankle

Also a Fortune 500 company, Mutual of Omaha was founded in 1909 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.

• Product variety: Mutual of Omaha sells almost every type of financial product imaginable.

• Reputation: Mutual of Omaha is highly rated, and has a long track record in the insurance business.

• Competition: Mutual of Omaha is a solid company but they may not always offer the most competitive products.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Advisor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company Information