Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Reviews

• 2%
  • 1%
  • 79%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 17, 2024

I recently purchased a policy and I'm very happy with that decision, customer service was great, didn't push or rush me into anything. Living on a very tight budget I wasn't sure they would have anything for me but they did. Staff customer service was very knowledgeable and polite. I'd recommend 100% they have something for you that won't crush your budget.

Reviewed May 18, 2024

They don't care. My wife passed away about 6 months ago. She had a small Mutual of Omaha policy which they paid out. Since her death she has gotten a dozen mailings to sell her more insurance. I notified them of the facts and asked that they take her name off their mailing list which they promised to do. The mailings continue month after month. I may have no choice but to sue them for intentional infliction of emotional pain.

Pinned

Hi, Dave. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Please accept our condolences and our apologies for the mailings that you have been receiving. Please email your wife's name and address to to customercare@mutualofomaha.com for removal from our lists. Please be advised it may take up to 90 days for her name to completely clear from the system or pre-printed mail. We appreciate your patience.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

CoverageStaff

Reviewed May 14, 2024

When I moved into my house in 2007, a rep from this company sold me a whole life policy on the amount of $70,000. I’ve made every payment on time. So I call to just ask how much cash value that the policy accumulated and the lady said 0$. How is that possible for a whole life policy I’ve had for almost 17 years. The policy is worth nothing at all. I’m in disbelief. That’s one of my reasons for getting a whole life policy because they are value policies. Well I mindest well cancel this valueless policy.

Pinned

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We’d like to discuss this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 26, 2024

I would not recommend this company to anyone and I own like 10 policies with them! Several months ago, they cancelled just one of my policies where I had paid for 16 years and I had excellent health. They claimed that I called the company to cancel just that ONE policy but if that were the case I would have cancelled all my premiums because they pull from the same bank and same account! They sent me a form to reinstate my policy and then wanted 10 years of medical records. After sent them the records they claimed they never got them but I had sent them certified.

Finally one rep told me they had them. But they still refused to reinstate my policy after I had paid them over $7,000 dollars! I reported them to the Texas Insurance Board because they never proved to me that I cancelled just my premium to my policy over the phone! Why don't they have a form to cancel a premium payment? Why is it their word over mine? It's just a scam to take away my policy that I had for so long and only thing I can think of is that it was a $50,000 policy and at a good rate and they didn't want to pay that or when the time came to pay it! I am also reporting them to the BBB in Omaha, NB home office for unscrupulous practices.

Alven

I literally hate this company and who runs it right the people.
      These people blame everything on everyone else. They send you sales literature constantly and suspecting you will toss , guess what in that junk mail, update on your policy etc.
      I hate to admit it but I actually had a life insurance license and I would Never recommend this company.....

Reviewed April 19, 2024

They won't stop mailing me even after requesting such. I'm recommending everyone stay away from this company. They even called to offer to increase my grandmother's death benefit nearly a year after they paid out on it. I told them then that I don't ever want to hear from them again due to the emotional turmoil they caused my whole family.

Pinned

Hi, Jonathan. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Please accept our apologies for the unwanted mailings. Please email your mailing address to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and we’ll have the mailings stopped.

Alven

Call your state insurance license board or email them telling them you have ask them to stop sending junk, the state will step up, believe me, they just hate me, I love it.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

Tried to log into their guaranteed life and it’s a joke. It won’t let you put in an amount. When I try to put in an amount it just shows NaNa. Seems like the only way is to have them call you or you call them. I don’t want to talk to anyone.

Profile pic of the author.
      CoverageStaff

Reviewed April 16, 2024

A rep called me to renew my policy because the rep I had moved on. Come to find out the rep opened another policy and the company refused to refund me for the duplicate policy that was opened. Why would I need 2 life insurance policies if I only have one life?

Pinned

Hi, Irene. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We take your concerns seriously and would like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed April 11, 2024

I cancelled my policy 10 days ago. I still have not received my refund check. I was told 7 to 10 business days. I called today. They said it will be processed in 48 hr. This is why I decided to go with someone else. I will never do business with this company again. Incompetent is an understatement.

CoverageSales & Marketing

Reviewed April 8, 2024

Company finds any little thing to deny paying you. Do not recommend them. Wasn't explained at the beginning that you needed it for 2 years before they will pay out the policy. Ridiculous really. They will scam you anyway they can.

Reviewed April 7, 2024

Do not purchase a policy with this company. I have been a customer for over 14 yrs. I purchased a policy to protect myself if unable to work due to complications of pregnancy. I am an OB nurse and see firsthand what can happen during pregnancy and wanted to protect myself if unable to work. Well, lo and behold I did encounter complications that restricted my ability to work bedside at my hospital. When it came time to use the policy, I was treated like a criminal. Had me in tears every time I had to deal with this company.

I kept the policy paying 89.00/month and 14 yrs later I needed to use my disability insurance. Again, treated like I didn't matter at all. Never received timely updates, poor communication, would get the Dr.'s names wrong, requested to speak to managers. Never a call back. Finally got a hold of one, not much help. Really mess with your mentally. Then of course denied my claim, stating not enough evidence. I was in such a bad place and their "Dr" denied my claim. Now I feel even worse. If I can save one person from having to have to go through what I did, it would be worth it. Absolutely awful company. I will be retaining a lawyer to fight the appeal. Save yourself the heartache I have had to endure, stay far far away from this company.

Mutual of Omaha author review by Ashley Eneriz

Also a Fortune 500 company, Mutual of Omaha was founded in 1909 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.

• Product variety: Mutual of Omaha sells almost every type of financial product imaginable.

• Reputation: Mutual of Omaha is highly rated, and has a long track record in the insurance business.

• Competition: Mutual of Omaha is a solid company but they may not always offer the most competitive products.

by Ashley Eneriz Deputy Editor, Personal Finance

Ashley is an expert finance writer who worked for 12 years with top names in the industry, including Discover, The Hartford, ScotiaBank, Chime and Synchrony. She joined ConsumerAffairs in 2022, and specializes in coverage of banking, credit repair and debt management. Her writing has also been featured in Forbes, Time, Yahoo, MSN and Reader’s Digest. In her personal life, she enjoys homeschooling her three daughters and writing children's books.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company Information