2. Finance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mutual of Omaha?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I have a practical and effective insurance policy with great and affordable rates. Company has an excellent and easy to use website. The payment services it offers vary and you have choices on how to make payments. I am more than pleased with this company.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I first signed up for life insurance policies for my family (4) 18 years ago as well as my mother. We recently found out we were told completely total lies about the premiums. My mother’s premiums went up so high she could no longer afford them and by this happening I realized this would also happen to me. Complete lies! I went with a different agent this time to get better policies ( don’t know why I stuck with M of O) and it has been a nightmare. We are going on 4 months to get these new policies in effect. I have 0 confidence that if something happened to me that Mutual of Omaha would take care of my family.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Carl. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We take your concerns seriously and would like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Original review: July 28, 2020

My spouse and I signed up for 200,000 policies a year ago because we were told it was life insurance, found out today when I went on their website to change payment form that it was limited accident not life insurance. we have been paying a year on what we thought we would be able to pay our house off if something to one of us, only to find out we were scammed and would have gotten nothing unless one of us died in an accident. Stay away from this company. I have requested full refund of the premiums we have paid into the false insurance. See how it goes.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Micheal. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We’d like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: July 13, 2020

We were approached as a Costco member special deal while we were in the process of refinancing our current home. They beat our deal with another company so we have decided to go with them. Big mistake! The process was incredibly slow with very limited communication. It was dragged incredibly to the point when the 55 day lock had passed and the new deal had to be made. I would say it’s their loss to lose us. I would advise everyone who’s considering a mortgage and or refinancing to go with someone else to take care of it promptly as long as the rate is compatible.

Original review: June 30, 2020

My son, who may have been a customer in the past, died in 2007 and still receives promotional mail from Mutual of Omaha.... I have contacted the company numerous times with no result.... I guess my son will live on forever, even though it is upsetting to get mail addressed to him on a periodic basis....

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Perry. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review and please accept our apologies for the unwanted mail you have been receiving. Please email your son's name and mailing address to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and we’ll have the mailings stopped.

Resolution response: June 4, 2020

I was contacted by customer service and received a copy of the policy I requested. The issue has been resolved to my satisfaction.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Updated on 05/28/2020: On May 18 I was promised a duplicate policy was put in the mail, 10 days have passed and I still have not received it. This is ridiculous, I am really frustrated with your company, my premiums are paid - all I’m asking for is a copy of the policy.

Original review: I have been paying premiums on a life insurance policy on my daughter since 1989. Over the years and several moves I misplaced/lost my policy. I have made 3 requests for a duplicate, NO ONE has acknowledged my request or contacted me. Very poor customer service.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Gloria. Thanks for the message. We'd like to look into this further. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: April 3, 2020

I have been a customer for 20 years or thereabout. I have had term life and as my insurance was going to jump over $400 a month I called to possibly switch my policy for something more affordable. I was told that I could not do it with them and that I had to do it through an independent agent. WHY? I guess they only want your money and don't want to do any work. Therefore my only option was to cancel my policy and go through an independent agent and start the process all over. I will be looking for a company who wants to treat their customers well and not just collect their money. I would give it no stars if it were not for Amy in customer service. She was very pleasant and tried her best to take care of my problem but there was nothing she could do. What an embarrassment!!

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Hi, Ernie. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We’d like to discuss this further with you. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

My elderly mother had purchased a policy many years ago. She’s been paying a hundred a month and has paid over ten thousand dollars into this policy. My mother is eighty six and decided to cash out this policy, she called and was informed she has to be 100 years old or she’ll receive a little over three thousand dollars!!! She’s paid well over 10 GRAND and never missed a payment. I’ll be contacting the attorney general on this issue. How dare they thieve off the elderly!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I received an application today in the mail. After filling it out and putting a check in the envelope for the first month payment, I decided to read some reviews of others that had prior experience with this company. I figured it would be best to see how this company had treated other people BEFORE sending in my application and money. WOW, I'M so glad I did!! After reading many reviews, I voiced my check and tore up the application!! I don't need that kind of insurance experience in my life!! Barbara **

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

A few years back, I called Mutual of Omaha about borrowing from my whole life. I was told that I could. The customer rep said I had the option of borrowing to pay back or borrow and my loan amount would lower my insurance amount by the amount borrowed but I would not have to pay it back. I chose to have my amount lowered so I wouldn't have to pay back. I was then sent the check.

Time went on and I got a letter in the mail that says I agreed to pay back the loan. So I called mutual of omaha about the matter. This man came on and said I agreed to pay it back. I requested that my call be reviewed. I was told that they could not listen to the conversation. I persisted and called again when I got another letter to say I should pay back. This time the person said write a letter to dispute. I did so, and then they said they received it so I called again. This time the person I spoke to say I can request the call I did that and again I was told that it's not avail. It is not right that they can just go about changing agreements. I also asked why was there no letter sent for me to sign when I first ask to take money from the policy so that I could have it in writing. They unfortunately don't do that. So they can always screw the customer over.

I am still fighting this today but it's been since 2/13 and all I keep seeing when they contact me every once in a while is that the loan amount is like 2 two thousand dollar more than the original loan. This is not right. I have been paying into this insurance for more than 20 years religiously thru automatic withdrawal. I wee from reviews I've read that this kind of thing happens to a lot of people. For the love of money.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance response

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review. We take your concerns seriously and look forward to hearing how we can better serve you next time. Please email your name, phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com, and one of our customer care associates will be in touch.

Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance Company Information