Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

360 Homesite Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

After Hurricane Harvey hit us. We had damage to our home and had to evacuate for 2+ weeks due to 4 ft of water. Benjamin was our adjuster. He was fabulous. We had no problems with our claim. I don’t understand all of these bad reviews. We did not have any kind of difficulty during our devastating storm. Harvey has left others still out of their homes 3 years later. Thank you Benjamin for all of your help.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I’m a first time homeowner and purchased my house 3 years ago. When I selected them, it was mainly because of their competitive pricing—I never thought I’d actually have to ever file a claim. I had a small electrical fire in my basement which created more damage than I would’ve expected. I called Homesite immediately after the firefighters had left, and the rep’s first question was if my family and I were all ok. Very nice touch during a stressful time. We put in a claim after a couple of days, and they released the payment within 24 hours. Very speedy service! I’m very happy with Homesite and plan on keeping them as my insurance company for a long time to come.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I was surprised to see all of the bad reviews for this company, but I haven't had to make a claim so I base my review on my interaction with the customer service agent Ray. I received a letter from our mortgage providers saying we might not have enough coverage for the home, but our policy has a base value plus an additional 50 percent of coverage.

I contacted Homesite and Ray actually called the bank for me and conferenced us all together so he could verify our home's actual value. The bank said their estimate was based on the outstanding mortgage principal which is absurd because the cost of a rebuild is far lower than that. I told them I received a county assessment that they should be using instead. Ray then went ahead and faxed the bank a detailed estimate that was even lower than what the county had provided. He also emailed me a copy for my records. Fantastic customer service that I have not encountered before in the home owner space.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I had my house for almost 20 years. The charter for my neighborhood specified roofs had to be tile. I had Liberty Mutual for the majority of my time. In May 2019 I switched to Geico/Homesite as Geico is whom I have my car insurance with. In June I had a windstorm that cracked some of the trusses in my roof. Homesite declared my roof was built incorrectly and didn't pay anything thus costing me all out of pocket! My advice do NOT use Geico as they are actually using Homesite and Homesite is terrible and unprofessional.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I have been robbed over 20 times since coming to Dallas. In the 60 years before that, perhaps once or twice. Every single time I notified the police right away. And in the first 10 or so times I notified Homesite insurance as immediately as well. They claimed later that I didn’t notify the exact right person in their organization . But how am I supposed to know which exact person to ask for? And they failed to pay every single claim except one. They say that the police are at fault because they didn’t make proper reports. But the police apparently don’t make reports.. but they don’t by tell you when they sell the insurance that payment depends on something that virtually never happened s. It’s all a scam.

Obviously somebody higher up decided that the YouTube order of business was that reports never be made and therefore claims never have to be paid. But nobody tells the customer that they might as well throw their money away as to give it to Homesite. And what about this method of answering the phone and accepting propitiation of a claim but never yelling the customer that it won’t count because they aren’t the exact right person to notify? Just another slimy tactic to avoid paying claims.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homesite Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I had hail damage to my roof and contacted a roofing expert who came out to my home to assess the damage to my roof. When he came he said there was enough damage to substantiate a claim with the insurance company (HomeSite). They came and did an assessment as well but when they were finished they told me they were going to deny the claim. The Roofing company technician who was here with them left as quickly as they denied the claim and then I asked the agent who was here if it was going to cause an increase in my premium. He said yes.. Even though they denied the claim they raised my premium and now I am forced to pay 1900.00 plus every year and it seems to go up every friggin year. This company is absolutely the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with..

I was told because I did a bundle with my car insurance and homeowners that I would be getting a discount not to mention I am a United States Marine Corps veteran which was supposed to give me that extra discount for being a veteran. They are pathetic liars. If I could I would drop them in a hot minute but I don't know how that will affect me getting another company to insure my home. I have thought about selling my house since I have a lot of equity in it and my home is almost paid for. So I will say this to anyone reading this who is looking to get homeowners insurance. DO NOT USE HOMESITE. They do not help when you need them with a valid claim that most insurance companies would cover.

I wish I had never allowed myself to be taken in by them when I talked to Geico about it. They assured me they would be they were what I needed. but honestly they have never been there for me not one time. And let me say this. If you file a claim and it is denied they will increase your premiums by hundreds of dollars per annual and because of the denial they punish you for filing a legit claim. THEY ARE A HORRIBLE INSURANCE COMPANY!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I filed a claim on July 14,2019 right after the hailstorm. Never filed a house claim before and I am 66 years old. In 2017 Geico gave my application to bundle my auto insurance with my new home insurance to Homesite. Never heard of them before but have had them for 2 years. Roof needs to be shingles, broken window, damaged siding, Trex deck railing got destroyed from the golf ball sized hail. It has been 30 days and I don’t know what Homesite will cover. In this rural setting all my neighbors have got answers and damages ranging from $37,000 to $77,000 and been paid. I am still waiting. Randy in Townsend, Montana

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

July 2018, switched auto & home insurance company. Original quote for home insurance was $837/year. When it came time to pay, $866/year. Paid it. Time for first renewal. Increased $118 making it $984. I called to find out why. Guy I spoke to was polite. They recalculated accordingly to their formula, and they increased my dwelling by almost $20,000. Now my insurance has my house valued, literally, twice my assessment. Which I know house insurance does not value home same as local assessors, but TWICE the amount? Just very leery because of the pattern I’m seeing. From what I was quoted to actual for first time, then renewal increase. Yea, only slightly less than $10/month now. Is it going to increase every year 10/month?

Original review: July 28, 2019

On June 16 we had a tornado touch down about 4 blocks from our home. I called Homesite Insurance. Having my basement flooded I wanted to get it fixed before we got any mold issues. After going back and forth with their claims department they finally sent a national company that came and did there clean up and drying. Since then I have been trying to get my basement finished (drywall and paneling and putting in the new cupboards and such.) I have called them several times to get this project completed.

The only reason I even went with them was I have been a GEICO policyholder for years and I thought that it was GEICO of which I have been satisfied with. Well they are not. In my opinion waiting 42 days so far I am thinking of getting ahold of my attorney or a public adjuster on Monday if they don't get ahold of me. Having being a former licensed insurance agent my recourse is calling the Ohio State department of insurance and possibly filing a report with them. The claims person told me that my claim is "under review". We will see.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I filed a claim after my vehicle was broken into. After two weeks of giving me the runaround I was told to submit receipts and or pictures to show proof of purchase. Once they were submitted, I’m told to send pictures of me wearing the bag that was stolen from my car. This was after I emailed her the actual receipt from Burberry showing the itemized purchases including the bag. I’m not sure if she is questioning if I, a ** woman can afford a $1400 purse or if she is simply trying to piss me off! Secondly, the initial email that she sent states that a picture of the box or serial number to prove proof of purchase was sufficient. I emailed her the box (including the serial number of my MacBook) and she states that she need an email that shows I purchased the MacBook from Apple. At this point I’m insulted and very frustrated. I am definitely finding a new insurance company.

Homesite Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Homesite is a company that is solely focused on providing people insurance for their residences. Homesite is one of the newer homeowners insurance companies around, founded in 1997, and the company operates out of its headquarters in Boston, MA.

• Variety of discounts: Homesite offers a bounty of discounts for their products, making them an affordable choice. These discounts include a moving-in discount, a bundle discount for auto and home insurance, a safety precautions discount and a new home discount.

• Highly specialized: Homesite only sells insurance for residences. Thus, they are experts on renter’s insurance, condo insurance, traditional homeowners insurance, and more.

• Excellent customer service: Customer service representatives at Homesite are available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• History: Homesite Insurance is a younger than many of the bigger insurance companies and has yet to prove its reputation or legacy.

• Options: While Homesite offers homeowners insurance for typical dwellings, it does not offer policies for more unique homes such as farms or mobile homes.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners