Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Homesite Insurance Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

After Hurricane Harvey hit us. We had damage to our home and had to evacuate for 2+ weeks due to 4 ft of water. Benjamin was our adjuster. He was fabulous. We had no problems with our claim. I don’t understand all of these bad reviews. We did not have any kind of difficulty during our devastating storm. Harvey has left others still out of their homes 3 years later. Thank you Benjamin for all of your help.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I’m a first time homeowner and purchased my house 3 years ago. When I selected them, it was mainly because of their competitive pricing—I never thought I’d actually have to ever file a claim. I had a small electrical fire in my basement which created more damage than I would’ve expected. I called Homesite immediately after the firefighters had left, and the rep’s first question was if my family and I were all ok. Very nice touch during a stressful time. We put in a claim after a couple of days, and they released the payment within 24 hours. Very speedy service! I’m very happy with Homesite and plan on keeping them as my insurance company for a long time to come.

Get expert buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I was surprised to see all of the bad reviews for this company, but I haven't had to make a claim so I base my review on my interaction with the customer service agent Ray. I received a letter from our mortgage providers saying we might not have enough coverage for the home, but our policy has a base value plus an additional 50 percent of coverage.

I contacted Homesite and Ray actually called the bank for me and conferenced us all together so he could verify our home's actual value. The bank said their estimate was based on the outstanding mortgage principal which is absurd because the cost of a rebuild is far lower than that. I told them I received a county assessment that they should be using instead. Ray then went ahead and faxed the bank a detailed estimate that was even lower than what the county had provided. He also emailed me a copy for my records. Fantastic customer service that I have not encountered before in the home owner space.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I have been a loyal customer of Progressive for years and have now learned that there's no value for that. We recently bought a second home, a condo, and chose progressive Homesite believing it would consolidate our insurances and make it hassle-free. They gave us a quote, which was good, and we bought it. A month later I review the policy and turns out we weren't given a welcome home discount, which we are entitled to, since we bought a new home. The person who handled our insurance the first time never asked if we purchased the house.

Called them and turns out they "can't" change the policy for some reason to give us that discount. More like they "won't." There was no attempt to help us out whatsoever, either from the person I spoke to or her supervisor. And this is simply a one-time discount--as the home cannot be considered a new purchase next year.

Truly upset with this lack of respect for long term customers and the nickel and diming. DO NOT advertise a discount if you're not actually willing to provide it to your customers, especially those with a long history with the company. Will be seeking insurance quotes elsewhere and transitioning shortly for all of our cars and both homes. It's not just about the money, it's about the attitude I received. I expect to be treated more respectfully as a customer.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

They insure you then pop up around Christmas saying you have to remove any debris from roof claiming an adjuster came by. So you waste your time paying for roof to be cleared and you send pics. They say pics are too dark. You send more pics. They say it’s not right view. You send more pics all while wasting your time and raising your bp. No one's on same page. Everyone tells you different info. Bottom line is I saw all the reviews were thousands have had same issue telling you that they will review it knowing you will be without coverage if you play into their crap. Nothing is good enough. They waste your time and stress you out. Save yourself the stress.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homesite Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I recently moved from a condo to an a apartment. I was required to obtain rental insurance per the lease. So I called my auto insurance Geico and asked them to buy rental insurance. They referred me to HOMESITE INS. Two days after moving into my unit, my garage was entered by way of someone having a garage door opener that opened my garage and they took some of my belongings out of the garage. When I called to make a claim, I was questioned and it was insinuated that I was lying about the theft. I was taken aback by the way the claims adjuster was dealing with me. Then they denied my claim saying I did not have coverage.

When I proved I did, they then said they would only pay for my lost items if I provided them with receipts. This after I told them I did not have receipts, but I did have numerous pictures and videos showing proof I owned the items. They said they could not take pictures and videos as proof of ownership. Unbelievable. I got nothing from them but heartache and aggravation!! SAVE yourself DO NOT USE HOMESITE!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I called Homesite on December 21st, 2019 and cancelled our Homeowners Insurance. I was told that day it would take 24-48 hours for the refund to be electronically put back into our account. I waited a full week and no refund. I called back and was told it could take up to 10 days for the refund to show up. So again I waited 10 days and still no refund. I called again (3rd time) on January 8th, 2020 and this time was told it could take up to 30 days. OMG three different reps and three different stories. I called right back and ask to speak with a Supervisor. The rep got a Senior Insurance Agent on the phone who told me she was going to expedite my refund and it should be in my account tomorrow. Once again It did NOT show up.

This is the worst Customer Service I have come across. Keep the information I’m sharing in mind when choosing your Homeowners Ins. If they take 3-weeks + to refund your money they had no problem taking from your account how long would it take them to settle a claim. I am VERY dissatisfied with this company and would highly discourage anyone from signing with them. If they won’t refund the money they took from you they surely won’t want to pay out on a claim. Would DEFINITELY NOT recommend this company!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Was signed up to Homesite Ins. through Progressive about one month ago. An inspector allegedly came out to my house to inspect. Made a report stating that my house roof was worn, lifting and/or buckling, and in need of a full replacement. I thought this was a joke of sorts. I was informed that they will cancel my policy if roof not replaced in 30 days. Really?? WTF????? Who has $12,000 for a new roof that I dont really need? Apparently the inspector is some sort of roofing expert. I have no plans to replace a roof that doesnt need replacing. Homesite had no problem taking my money. I am considering filing a bait and switch lawsuit against Homesite. RUN RUN RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE SNAKE OIL SALESPEOPLE.

I read a number of similar stories in the reviews. I think this is how they operate over and over. Takes your money, then cancels after trying to blackmail you. Not even BBB accredited. Is there no honesty anymore?? Not at Homesite Insurance. Try them if you dare. You will see first hand how you get treated right away. Or. Run away as fast as you can or be caught up in their game. Are they really an insurance company at all??? Sincerely doubt it.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Canceled policy on 11/19/19, 1/6/2020 refunded check for entire year still not cut or send. Spoken with several reps 6+ times, none are competent to update correct mailing address and/or get refund processed. Correct address to mail check to given on 11/19, then on 12/9, told had to wait 15 days to get check reissued once address changed, then on 12/21 and then again on 12/30 told incorrect address in system. Now on 1/6 they claim to have correct address but need to wait 10 more days to have issued.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I signed up for this because of the discount with Progressive...not knowing I'd actually need to use my rental insurance for the first time in my life. From the first, the customer service was a joke. After receiving my policy documents -- and calling CS with a question -- I was told by one person that I didn't even have a policy with them. Here's the thing: the moving company I hired "lost" (stole) many of my belongings in the move, and they did nothing to help. In fact, they cancelled my claim within a week of placing it. This, after the heartbreak of losing things I can never replace. I have cancelled my policy in favor of a better one (which you can find with basically any other company) and am STILL waiting for my refund check to come through. I beg you not to waste a minute of your time with this company, as I did. It was like I had been robbed from the moving company, and again by this insurance company.

Homesite Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Homesite is a company that is solely focused on providing people insurance for their residences. Homesite is one of the newer homeowners insurance companies around, founded in 1997, and the company operates out of its headquarters in Boston, MA.

• Variety of discounts: Homesite offers a bounty of discounts for their products, making them an affordable choice. These discounts include a moving-in discount, a bundle discount for auto and home insurance, a safety precautions discount and a new home discount.

• Highly specialized: Homesite only sells insurance for residences. Thus, they are experts on renter’s insurance, condo insurance, traditional homeowners insurance, and more.

• Excellent customer service: Customer service representatives at Homesite are available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

• History: Homesite Insurance is a younger than many of the bigger insurance companies and has yet to prove its reputation or legacy.

• Options: While Homesite offers homeowners insurance for typical dwellings, it does not offer policies for more unique homes such as farms or mobile homes.

• Best for: Traditional homeowners, condo owners