4.52/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Haven Life Insurance Agency, LLC is a life insurance startup that created an easy and affordable option for buying term life insurance (issued by MassMutual) online. Driven by a mission to make life less hard, Haven Life is transforming the typically time-consuming and confusing process of applying for life insurance into one that's easier, faster and just plain better. Haven Life is backed and wholly owned by MassMutual, a trusted life insurer with more than 160-years experience.

**MassMutual and its subsidiaries C.M. Life Insurance Company and MML Bay State Life Insurance Company are rated by A.M. Best Company as A++ (Superior; Top category of 15). The rating is as of April 1, 2018 and is subject to change. MassMutual has received other ratings from different rating agencies.]

AMBestRating
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

62 Haven Life Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I found the entire process of buying life insurance through Haven Life very easy and affordable. The online portion only took a few minutes and the medical examiner came to my house, which made it very convenient. Also, the monthly payment was exactly what I was quoted, which I appreciate.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Straightforward questioning and no nonsense. Great to see I didn’t need a health exam to qualify. My wife required a health exam and that was quick and easy. Very pleased with the service! I will recommend to everyone who needs life insurance.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I will start by saying that the process of the application and medical exam are not as simple as Haven Life portrays it to be. It took almost 3 weeks until I was ultimately denied coverage. My medical screening came back perfect, I was told reason for denial was 10+ year old misdemeanor traffic violation(s). Therefore they wasted my time with the medical exam. Understand that the information that you must provide for this application is very in depth, it concerns me that I provided them with such sensitive information only to be denied coverage. If you are not in perfect health and your past is not squeaky clean this company probably will not approve your application.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I was skeptical at first because I thought the process could not be this fast and easy. It was!! This has been the easiest, painless and quickest process in purchasing Life Insurance. All of my questions were answered quickly and in a very pleasant manner. I highly recommend Haven Life!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

It was a easy process. They sent me to a place to get like an insurance physical that was a easy process. It didn’t take much time out my day. Got my result in like 2 days. I would highly recommend them. Premium are cheap also. I know this is a highly recognized company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haven Life?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was pleased with the whole process, it was simple, straightforward and there was no pressure to purchase more life insurance. After receiving my results I was able to see my terms, cost and select what was best. The process was transparent and user-friendly.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was very pleased to purchase additional life insurance at a fair price. The follow-up process for the physical and blood work was prompt, easy and NOT time-consuming. I also appreciated how the online process was easy to follow and included options in my coverage for me to select.

Original review: July 28, 2018

My experience with Haven Life customer service has been very positive. Paya provides excellent customer service and very thoughtful and caring. She is professional and wonderful. Also, Luis from customer service is excellent and very responsive also. Overall, I am very satisfied with Haven Life. Thank you!

Original review: July 28, 2018

The process was so smooth, intuitive and fast that I, for a moment got confused if the final offer was an estimate or the real offer. Just amazing!! The system electronically verified financial and medical fitness in real time and issued an acceptance. This is how insurance should be.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The quoting process was very easy and I was pleased with the underwriting results in that the quote matched the policy premium exactly. I gave the experience four stars instead of five because the whole process took a little longer than I feel like it should have taken.

Haven Life Company Information