Get a Quote

2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

4.5/5 (101 ratings)

About Haven Life

Haven Life Insurance Agency, LLC is a life insurance startup that created an easy and affordable option for buying term life insurance (issued by MassMutual) online. Haven Life is dedicated to transforming the typically time-consuming and confusing process of applying for life insurance into one that's easier, faster and better. Haven Life is backed and wholly owned by MassMutual, a trusted life insurer with more than 160 years of experience.

Pros

• Additional riders
  • InstantTerm approval process
  • MassMutual coverage

Cons

• Only offers term life

Bottom Line

Haven Life sells term life insurance from MassMutual. It offers simple calculators, a quick approval process and extra protection through riders. Though it only offers term life insurance, Haven Life is competitively priced.

Haven Life Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haven Life?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haven Life?

Original review: March 16, 2021

The process was smooth & quick. From the time you complete the application, medical appointment it took about 2 weeks. The medical representative was on time, efficient, organized and professional. I’m very impressed and happy with the process. I recommend this to everyone.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Haven Life makes obtaining life insurance a breeze! The application process was quick and simple. I started the application and was approved immediately. The approval was surprisingly fast and I would recommend them highly! I also liked that they are backed by Mass Mutual, which is one of the most trusted names in the industry. It gives "peace of mind" for company stability.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I have nothing but praise for the whole application process. Communication was superb and timely. My questions were always answered quickly and accurately. My application for Life Insurance was approved in the allotted time period. I don’t really have any complaints and will definitely recommend Haven Life to my friends and family. Thank you for the seamless process.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Very simple application, easy to fill, they answer you very fast, and the service online is excellent, I'm very satisfied with all the process online, thanks, I will recommend you, all the process was online and was very fast.

Original review: March 9, 2021

An easy 10-minute process and in the end no surprises. The rate is exactly what was quoted. And a great rate at that! Love the graphics by the way. The only thing is I wish I was able to pay annually.

Original review: March 2, 2021

The complete process ended up taking 3 months (from application date to policy acceptance). The process was lengthy I assume due to COVID-19 and the holiday scheduling for the medical exam; however was vastly different from the convenient process being marketed. I am technically a 35 year old female in excellent health and completed a medical exam- but because I had a previous seizure caused by withdrawal from an anxiety medication (no longer applicable and no risk of reoccurrence)- I was given a worse than standard rate for average health. Was also sent a question regarding a mole I had removed by a dermatologist at age 21. After having invested so much time in this process, I had to accept a short-term policy but will be seeking another provider.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I think the whole experience was very quick and simple and easy. With so much going on right now, I really appreciate that. I have a peace of mind knowing I handled my insurance needs. And the rates on the term policies are wonderful!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Everyone did an amazing job. I probably wouldn't have gotten around to setting up life insurance if it wasn't for the excellent customer service at Haven Life. They sent someone to my house for my medical exam, making it very convenient.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I've obtained the term life insurance policy in a few days from the online application I made. No agent was needed, everything was online, and the procedures have been clear. So far so good, let's see how everything will go.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

This was the easiest process I have ever experienced. It was super user friendly, quick, and easy to follow. I would highly recommend Haven Life Insurance to anyone looking to buy life insurance. Only suggestion for improvement would be to make it clear the monthly payment will stay the same for the life of the policy term chosen once you give the quoted monthly payment. Very happy customer????

Haven Life Company Information