3.4/5 (14 ratings)

About GuideOne Insurance

GuideOne Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GuideOne Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GuideOne Insurance?

Original review: April 20, 2021

We had a flood in our church sanctuary 2 weeks prior to Easter. We called a reputable restoration company to come and get the sanctuary cleaned up and repaired. This insurance company sends over their own adjuster who our restoration company had to educate because it was clear he was not knowledgeable with with California guidelines. Not only did he advise our insurance company of incorrect estimates, this insurance company treated both us (church) and restoration company like we were crooks, lying about everything, arguing over every single item as if we were trying to rip them off! On top of this I discovered that when our insurance company estimated our "carpet value" they did not even send out the carpet samples to get it appraised!

They lied and said they had done so but our restoration company discovered they had not done so and had to do it on our behalf! This company does not follow proper protocol and does not work to provide the best service and coverage to their customer! Our company submitted everything timely and here we are a month later and they don't return phone calls or respond to any of their emails and we ended up having a lien put on the church. When I called to escalate the issue with the adjuster's boss I was told they couldn't give out their superiors' information! RED FLAG RIGHT THERE! DO NOT use this company, They are unprofessional and will not work on your behalf!

Original review: May 3, 2018

We have had GuideOne for our church, we have filed 2 claims in the 10 years I have been there. One they never paid claiming that blowing rain caused it. The other our cottage for missionary to stay in pipe burst and they claim we should have left the heater on. They also claim to be Christian but I don't think Christians should treat anyone this way.

Get buying tips about Long Term Care Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We've had Guide One insurance for about 10 years. 2 times in that 10 years, we've had to call them out for damage done during storms. This last one was hurricane Irma. Both times they sent out a 'structural engineer' that refuses to even get under the mobile home to inspect the damage. Both times writes up a report stating 'lack of maintenance' as the problem not the 100+ mph winds we experienced. 'The shed didn't sustain any damage so the house shouldn't have damage either'. They're great about contacting you for payment and renewals but horrible regarding claims.

We have to take our claim legal because we've had a lot of damage this time. The last time we didn't know there's resources out there for these problems. We paid to fix it, ourselves. They think people don't know to fight it. DO NOT use this company if you have any other option. They won't get a third time with us. We're up for renewal this month and going to another company.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Their policy is very good as well as easy to understand and go along with. I have never had a problem with them. And every time I call them they are very helpful and always are ready to help out and give a lending hand. The value is very good and cheap and adorable. They also have very great customer service and very well at tension with the Molly's. They are all very nice and I enjoy and feel comfortable. I don't know if I would ever change from this company because I enjoy their services.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I am regarding a claim about my church electrical surge that happened two months ago (which still has not been repaired). I called and asked if there would be anyone coming out to see the damage. The representative said that they will have to know the damage before anyone can come out to inspect the damage. I replied by saying that the building is quite large, and that I was not my expertise in electrical problems. The representative informed me that they did not have anyone coming out to inspect the issue. Two days later they call me and inform me that they do have someone to inspect the damage. I called my claim representative, and she was not there to talk. The power is still out at my church.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

They are trustworthy. They have very friendly staff members that are willing to help you any way they can. They will stop at nothing to please you. They have one that are there to help all your needs. They are there for you at your time of need. They are cover if anything should ever happen to you. They are there for whatever it may be. It doesn't cost that much but you can afford it and its well worth the cost to have them there when you need them. They value your friendship.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I am very happy with them as they are very helpful and are always ready to assist me and help me with my financial needs. Their policies are extremely good and are within a common man's budget and I am very happy to have chosen them. I am very happy with their various policies and plans. They include various types of coverage to suit a vast different classes of people. Everyone will have something or the other to choose from. They have something for everyone. My perceived value is $30000 and I am pretty much happy with it. I suggest everyone to try their policies once. I am extremely satisfied with their services.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

The agents are kind and helpful. They tend to make you feel at home. They will thoroughly solve any problems you may encounter and will be sure to satisfy any and all questions that may arise. Policies are very different from what you would normally expect... First, the policy I was recommended was diverse in the fact that it offered exactly the kind of tailored policy I needed. The monthly price was better than I had hoped! Complete coverage is how you feel when you know a company like this is behind you backing you up! I am able to go about my daily routine in confidence that my insurance company will come through for my family should we need it to. I was offered an outstanding value with a uniquely tailored policy... Enough so, that any other insurance company would not be able to match.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

They was pretty friendly and very helpful. Got my stuff set up like a breeze and I would recommend their services to anyone because they made a little less stress on me. I couldn't be happier. They have many amazing options and will help you pick the best one. Cares about what's best for you. I got saving for when I sign up. When I did didn't pay much out to get all kinds of help in return. Spent out $150 and only pay monthly about $10 and it helps so much.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

The customer service is great. They will answer any question you have about your policy or if you have any concerns they will make sure that everything is handled and to your satisfaction. They have a lot of policy options so you can find whatever you are looking for. If you need insurance to fit your budget then these are the guys to call. They will make sure to help you. There is all types of coverage so you can be sure to find a policy that fits your needs and budget. If you don't find what you are looking for then you can probably find something to fit your lifestyle. There is a great value with this company. They will make sure that the policy fits your budget. They will take whatever you say into consideration and they will make sure that you are satisfied.

GuideOne Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

GuideOne's agents are trained to find customers the best carrier for life and long-term care insurance. The firm also provides additional types of insurance so clients can streamline multiple insurance needs through one company.

• Long-term care options: Get tax-qualified coverage for skilled, intermediate and custodial care in your home or for adult day care, assisted living and nursing home facilities.

• Life insurance policies: In addition to long-term care insurance, GuideOne provides whole, term and universal life insurance, medical insurance, annuities and income protection plans.

• Risk assessments: Business tools include risk assessments that can help reduce insurance costs when hazards are mitigated.

• Niche insurance solutions: GuideOne provides comprehensive liability coverage and custom insurance solutions for churches, schools and nonprofit organizations.

• Customer service: GuideOne offers a detailed customer service page and is available through phone and email.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Advisor