Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans
1.22/5

Get peace of mind

Need to know more about health insurance? Shop providers on our guide.

Check health plans

Golden Rule Reviews

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I am satisfied. Have had work done on my teeth, straightening (Dental) along with a few caps/fillings "after" extraction of 2 of mine. I also had recently this year a few dr. appts., check-up, etc., all covered, so GOLDEN RULE is great! As far as I am concerned, they are not a scam, and I’m reading few others saying they are also happy with Golden Rule coverage. OBAMA CARE (ACA) helped me 100% though all was fully covered, NO CO-PAY to barely 20 bucks a few x of that. TOTALLY miss it, but I am happy so far, with Golden Rule. Born in 1970s... My son now has it for a few months, oldest child late 20s and early 30s, and 1 of my sons hurt his hand wrist, and he had minor surgery on his hand area, and it was almost fully covered. No complaints here. Not 1 bit. I reserve such right to come back and post new one or edit, IF there is a problem. But, so far, we are both happy with GOLDEN RULE coverage.

Original review: July 6, 2019

My husband lost his job and cobra charged $1334.00 a month to maintain coverage. After researching different health options, we decided to go with Golden Rule (United health one). I am so far pleased with the company and the level of customer service I received. I have 2 kids who were due for their well checks. I paid $60 per kid (towards my deductible). They covered 100% of all my kids vaccines, which saved me $554.00 because my daughter had 3 that day. They discounted everything else. My husband is on 3 different blood pressure pills and his out of pocket cost was $11.00 using golden rule. My son needed an antibiotic and the out of pocket cost was $100, golden rule covered $51.00 etc.. This plan isn't meant to be used long term or to treat long term illnesses. There are savings with this plan and something is better than nothing. This plan fits our needs now until open enrollment begins and we can get a "major medical" plan.

Get expert buying tips about Health Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

James installed our furnace & air conditioner. He is a very hard worker & does the job right. He is friendly, courteous & helpful. He help us with programming details and any other concerns we had. Even after the job is done he still will help with question etc. Would recommend him & Golden Rule to others.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I had an extremely basic plan from this company and was told in writing that it would expire at the end of the year I started it. It was meant to cover me until open enrollment allowed me to sign up for a more complete plan. Not only did they not cancel the plan when they claimed they would, charging me for three extra months after the plan had already expired, they also made it extremely difficult to contact them and fix the situation. I never did manage to get them to fix their error. I did report the fraudulent transactions to my bank, but almost a year later they still have the money they stole. Protect yourself. Pick someone else, someone with a good honest reputation.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I was oblivious to the new health insurance world. So I filled out an online inquiry and fenced a million calls. A broker talked to me for an HOUR, explained that I had a newborn and needed coverage right away. She need appointment within weeks. He assured me that this Golden Rule policy would be perfect for my wife and daughter. Weeeell. They seen her at doctors office with seeing our insurance card (which by the way says United One but has NOTHING to do with United Healthcare) but we left that first appointment feeling pretty good.

So a couple weeks later wife was sick so we went to her doctor and we’re told they couldn’t find that insurance company in system at all (like they didn’t exist) so we paid cash for her visit. Keep in mind I am paying “Golden Rule” premiums every month ($500). I’m sure you seen this one coming but a little while later we received a bill from the baby’s doctor for over $1000. Evidently the policy I was signed up to for my newborn (whom will need more healthcare that anyone) was a “temporary policy” with a SIX MONTH waiting period! So just to recap. 500 a month for mom and baby and six months nothing is covered. Yes that’s right I was expected to pay $2500 in premiums before any coverage started! Crooks. Do yourselves a favor and go another route.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Golden Rule?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Don't get this scam insurance. They trick you. They don't send a policy until after the 45 days expires so you can't get your money back after reviewing the fact that it's not insurance as the phone person stated but it's a supplement. It's worthless. They don't answer BBB complaints either. Scam!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I purchased an individual dental policy for my daughter in July 2019 because she was between jobs. They took a few days to process it, when she called to inquire about it, they had her on hold for about 25 minutes and no one seemed to know anything. She decided to cancel the coverage this month as she does not need it. She tried to call and cancel it and was on hold for over an hour, was told to leave a message that someone would call back--NO ONE has. She called again, on hold again for an hour. Someone finally picked up the phone and said they had to transfer the constituents area, on hold again.

A rep finally picked up only to tell her that they could not help her because her policy was in another department in another computer. WHAT?? So they put her back on hold and said it would be another hour. This company is making over $300 BILLION in revenue for 2019 and they cannot afford an infrastructure capable of handling a paying customer's call?? Just do NOT DO IT! RUN FROM THIS FOOLS!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I bought my daughter Golden Rule health insurance in 2017. She has not needed to use it until now when she is having major colon issues. As it turns out, they say I bought her LIFE INSURANCE. I am sooo mad. I remember talking to the agent about her kidney issues and whether or not it was going to be considered a preexisting issue since she hasn't had a problem with it since 1998. And he said no. If I bought life insurance why didn't they ask for a beneficiary. Why didn't I have to sign papers. Something is very FISHY here. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT buy anything from this so called "HEALTH CARE" company. CROOKS from beginning. And now we have to pay for emergency room, hospital stay, multiple tests, CT scan and now a colonoscopy out of our pocket. Companies like this need to be shut down!!!

Original review: July 26, 2019

I had Golden Rule for 6 month. During the first month of coverage I found that I had Hashimoto when I did the blood test. After their 6 month plan ended they denied my application for the next 6 month coverage and stated that I had a pre-existing condition - Hashimoto (I paid for the blood test by myself and never had any treatment for Hashimoto that Golden Rule was asked to cover). Stay away from this insurance. They advertise themselves as they would cover everything, but from my experience they did not cover anything. They more like an emergency type of insurance with really shady cover.

Original review: June 27, 2019

This, and their association with United Health One, are a joke. Please do not even waste your time. I had issues getting through their website (it was so slow) so I finally just called a number. Not only was I cut off several times and they kept calling back, when I finally got through their online application process, I was told to wait up to 48 hours for approval. Four days later, and nothing. No information, except "They are reviewing your application." Who are "they," exactly? If they can't decide whether or not to take my money within 4 days, I cannot imagine what it must be like to attempt to get a claim out of these people. So we've started our vacation, and have zero insurance. Nice... Now I'm worried they'll still try to charge me, and I'll be magically approved, once the vacation is over. Avoid this company like the plague!

Golden Rule Company Information