Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
  2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.23/5

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Frankenmuth Insurance Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

A week ago, on a Friday, my HVAC unit was totaled by a guy delivering a dumpster next door. The owner of the dumpster company didn't send pictures of the damage to his insurance agency until Saturday morning, so nothing happened over the weekend. Luckily temperatures were in the high 50's over the weekend, but Tuesday's forecast was for a high of 33 degrees. I knew I needed to get the insurance ok on Monday. I got a notice that morning that I would hear from an adjuster within 24 hours, so I called the dumpster's agency (which also happened to be my agency for the past 25 years) and told him he needed to call Frankenmuth Insurance (which I'd never heard of) and try to speed things up, while I also left a message for the adjuster.

She responded quickly, understood what we were facing, and did everything she could to get the claim ok'd on Monday...but she was on Eastern time and we're on Central. My phone rang Tuesday morning at 7:20. She told me how much the check would be for and when it would arrive. I called the HVAC company, their crew arrived before 9, and by 4:30 we had heat. It was by far the best claim adjuster experience I've ever had! The check arrived seven days after the accident. Kudos to J. ** and Frankenmuth Insurance!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I’ve been with Frankenmuth for some time now and am pleased with the service and pricing. I have had claims with them that went smoothly and painlessly. Beat other big name insurance companies pricing hands down. I was reluctant to switch at first because I was in “Good Hands” for over 30 years and my premiums became outrageous. I am very happy with our agents and the customer service we receive.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Been a customer for over 11 yrs - raised my auto rate by approxly 40% this yr - why? Because they wanted to & could. No vehicle chg, no coverage chg, no accidents or claims! Talk about organized crimes! Looks to me like they are trying to raise rates before insurance reforms go into effect next July.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

In April of 2017 my wife was in a head on collision (not her fault). Luckily no one was injured but the car was totaled. Then, less than 2 weeks later during a windstorm (wind gust exceeding 75 MPH) our carport was severely damaged and had to be torn down and replaced. In the case of the car, the settlement was paid in less than 1 week and I was very satisfied with the payoff payment. In the case of the carport, it took a little longer due to contractor delays but it was settled to my full satisfaction. When my renewal time came, I was shocked to find that my both the Autos owners and Homeowners policies went down. Not by much, but they did go down. I am totally satisfied with the service from Frankenmuth and both their agents and representatives that work for them.

Original review: July 28, 2016

I hit a deer on the freeway. Having only 20% battery life I called AAA for a tow, then as an afterthought my insurance company for guidance. Again, I explained at this point I only had 15% battery life. My agent quickly gathered all information needed, asked if I contacted the police. I explained I didn't know you had to so she did it for me. I dropped the car off on a Thursday. It is now Thursday 2 weeks later and I received my payout check today. The biggest delay was the collision company. They took 5 days to come up with an appraisal. I received multiple calls from Dustin and Andy (claims dept and loss dept) letting me know where things stood. The settlement was fair. It was a used car and I had owned it 18 months. The amount was 1,000 less than what I had paid. I was concerned because of posting on this site. However very relieved my claim was different.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frankenmuth Insurance?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

This company hates dogs. They are looking to hit me with a 500% surcharge because I foster a dog for rescue. I am changing companies after 6 years without a claim. DO NOT USE THE DOG HATERS.

Original review: July 8, 2015

I've dealt with Frankenmuth insurance for at least 7 years. I made 1 claim when my roof was damaged due to a severe storm in September 2014. They raised my premium to almost double. They didn't even pay full claim on roof estimate or pay me for loss of food due to power outage which was proven through DTE Energy. The adjustor wanted me to take my own pictures of my roof. Very, very unprofessional and based on their company reviews this is VERY common.

Original review: May 30, 2015

My wife backed into my brothers truck and did a little damage. Since it's new, he wanted it turned in to insurance. We have had their insurance for 5 or 6 years and they cancel us for that. Well, ** Frankenmuth!!!! The ** take our money then cancel if they have to pay. Hope they go bankrupt and lose everything!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2015

I've worked in the industry for Frankenmuth and others and have heard these complaints so I wanted to look into myself. While I don't doubt the sincerity of many... there are typically 3 sides to every story, with the third being the truth. But you see some people on here ** that they 'pay a lot' (we all do) for their insurance and they should be handled immediately. Obviously there was a phone issue, are you that helpless that you can't call a tow company?

On the one claim, somebody said it's ins fraud because they didn't pay a claim where a guy was insuring and driving a van he didn't own but his sister did. He's right... it's fraud... by the insured! You can't insure something you don't own... if the agent says it was ok then your agent is an idiot and you could file an E&O claim against them. And the guy who said they just 'dropped him with no notice. You legally cannot do that... they don't work that way... there are laws against it!!

Then the genius who said they can't force you to spend money on your home. Right... so if your roof is about to fall apart because you've neglected it they should just cover any losses? Or the guy who said they don't offer replacement cost... they either do or they don't. You not knowing is shocking. But yes, you have to replace the things to get paid for them. They don't just blindly cut you a check!

The list goes on and on. People, you need to understand, your insurance is a contract. It's likely covering the things that are your biggest assets in life (home and vehicle or vehicles). Unfortunately most people pick someone because it was cheap and they think cheap is the best. But how about sitting down with an agent and asking questions? Nah... just ** about it and not actually understand what's your biggest need to protect.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2015

I have been a customer with Frankenmuth for over 5 years. I had a fire October 3rd of 2013. Worst day of me and my family's life, they came right away for the initial investigation, they gave me a check to help us with clothes, food, and they placed us in a hotel suite and maybe about a month after the fire they placed us in temporary housing. My agent keep in contact with me for the first month making appointments for people to come and assess the damage. My agent was let go or retired, I don't really know what happened but my new agent told me to start looking for a place to move by February 2014 so we can close the claim that's when everything bad could happen happened.

Found a new home, needed to provide paperwork showing that I had the money for the house. Called Frankenmuth they informed me they wanted me to do a deposition, asked why they wouldn't say I had to hiring a lawyer to represent me. Went for the deposition April they said that 30 days from the date of the deposition I would finally know what they were going to do, but in the meanwhile their lawyer gave me 30 days to find somewhere to live for my family because after that day they were no longer going to pay for housing for me and my family. Even though I have a policy that pays for us extra living expenses they still put me on my family out on the street to find somewhere else to live. It's now January 2015 and we still don't have anywhere to live and the insurance company has still not made a decision on insurance claim!! Worst insurance company ever.

Frankenmuth Insurance Company Information