Find a Dental Insurance partner

Looking for a dental insurance plan

Shop plans on Health Network now

Get quote now

Careington Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Careington?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Careington?

Original review: March 12, 2021

First time I tried to use it I was told they dont take that and it isnt really insurance, it is a discount and they dont give those discounts. So far I am not pleased with it. I will see what happens when I try and use it at my regular dentist later this month, but specialists do not seem to have any use for it.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Before I had Careington I had the insurance from my dentist which was pretty good. But after it lapsed I got Careington. Careington was even better than the dentist's. It paid a lot more up front than any other dental insurance I've had. I would highly recommend it.

Get buying tips about Dental Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Received no savings. The dentists would not honor the prices. Dont waste your money. I called to complain but received no help and was told to try a different dentist. It's just a hook to get you in the door.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Don't buy Careington Dental Plan. It provided nothing in savings. Aspen Dental suggested this but it netted out at zero benefit. It saved me the amount of the plan. Then without and disclosure to me, they auto renewed the next year. Then refused to refund it. Disreputable.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

My dentist old me to get Careington Insurance for a lower crown rate. Careington's crown would be $600. I paid $1200. When calling Careington about it, I was told that they are not an Insurance but and discounter. Now, one year later, they did an automatic renewal which I wanted to cancel. Careington has cancelled my plan but refuses to reimburse the $99. "Your membership termination effective date is 12/01/2020. Your request for a refund has been denied. Cancellation notice was received after the allowed trial or renewal period; therefore no refund is due at this time". Don't fall for this company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Careington ACE dental plan representative claims that the dental plan gives 50% discount for fillings. Absolutely not true. The total amount I paid $444 includes Careington‘s fee, however without Careington plan I would pay only $380. This company established their own prices, but if dental office has lower prices you still pay Careington‘s price. I received discount 9%, but altogether I paid $65 more.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I cancelled my insurance and they told me they issued a refund check. I have, in writing, that the check was issued 1/22 (today is 2/21). I called last week to complain about not receiving it and they asked me to wait another week. I am on hold waiting for a supervisor (have already spoken to 2 reps). Supervisor just came on and understands my frustration but has no answers. She will contact operations. What a way to run a business. And, the reason for cancelling is that the dental practice that accepts this insurance has hygienists that mandate treatments that aren't necessary (substantiated by 2nd opinions of other dentists. I would suggest not using Advanced Dental Care of Largo).

Original review: July 18, 2019

I just purchased this plan and so far I’m loving it. Everything that was promised I received great discount so I’m pleased. Money well spent on this plan. I purchased the individual plan. Had to get an extraction, that discount came in handy plus discount on prescriptions. One med was $89 with discount, I paid $42 so I’m pleased.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I'm very frustrated with Careington Dental. As a provider of Dental services I was requested to join and as a courtesy to these few patients I thought I would give it a try. There was a very lazy attitude from the recruiting dept. After I did get through the process, I came to find out that they sold our contract to a host of other insurance companies. It was in the contract that they could do that and it is my naivete that I didn't automatically know that they would. I terminated the contract, but would take 30 days to take effect. I just called to affirm that it was terminated and ask for a letter of termination. They denied my request for a letter and Julie wouldn't even give me her last name. I don't think that presents good faith business practice. Please use this entry as an alert to this company.

Original review: June 11, 2019

A totally incompetent Company. I enrolled (my elderly parents) over the phone with a human for the Careington (POS) Discount Dental Plan, NOT the Careington 500 Plan. After completing the enrollment over the phone, I was told that my parents would receive their plan information and cards within 10 business days via the US mail. Almost a month went by and my parents did not receive anything in the mail from Careington. I called to inquire why. Careington some how had the WRONG addr... Hmmm, I enrolled with a human, how could that be? The street that my parents live on begins with the letter "L" however, Careington had their address for the next street over which begins with the letter "H." That was STRIKE 1.

I inquired as to how to set up my parent's account online and was told that in order to do that, I would have to contact their IT Dept w/ one of my parents on the phone with me so that my parents could authorize me to do so. I've done this plenty of times for my parents with other types of accounts and all I needed was their account number (which I had), so I knew that what the Rep was saying was incorrect. After I hung up, I went to Careington's website and lo and behold I was able to set up my parent's account online. That was STRIKE 2.

Upon gaining online access to my parent's account, I discovered that they had been enrolled in the Careington 500 plan.... NOT the plan that I wanted, STRIKE 3. When I called Careington the next day to inform them of THEIR ERROR, I was told that they were enrolled in the Careington (POS) Plan and Not the Careington 500 plan. I told them that if that is so, when I search for my parent's dentists, their dentists do NOT appear in the search results.... Their dentists only appear when I search within the Careington (POS) plan. Again they tried to convince me that my parent's were enrolled in the Careington (POS) plan. I said that I am not willing to take their word and find out when I take my parents to the dentist that what they are saying is not true. One of my parents is going to have an extensive and expensive amount of dental work and I want to be sure that they will receive the discount.

I told them that I have lost ALL CONFIDENCE in their company and that I am cancelling the plan and want a complete refund. The rep told me that I may not get it, and if I do receive a refund it will be less their $20.00 Administrative Fee. At that point I told the rep that I WILL receive a 100% refund as I paid for the plan with my American Express Card (A FANTASTIC Credit Card Company) and that I am calling American Express next, which I did.

I disputed the Careington charge with AMEX giving Amex all of the details above and told them that I am not going to pay the $20.00 Admin Fee for total and complete incompetence. Eventually I did receive a refund from Careington less the $20 admin fee. American Express refunded the $20 admin fee.... that's a great credit card company. I personally have a dental discount plan with DentalPlans.com. I should have enrolled my parents with DentalPlans.com.... and upon cancelling the Careington plan I did. There is NO comparison between the 2 companies. DentalPlans costs a little bit more, and has far superior service. If you are looking for a dental discount plan, AVOID Careington at all costs and enroll with DentalPlans.com.

Careington author review by Cyril Tuohy

Careington is a marketer, service administrator and aggregator of discount dental, health and wellness  payment schedules to help underinsured and uninsured individuals with dental expenses.

• Quality partners: Careington works with more than 40 leading healthcare companies to get customers the best dental care service.

• Simple research: Careington customers can easily search for a provider serving their area on Careington's website.

• Package discounts: Careington's discounts are even steeper when dental and vision are packaged together.

• Comprehensive prescription coverage: Some dental insurance plans do not offer great prescription coverage, but Careington's partners do.

• Cancel within 30 days: Careington lets customers test out the discount program first and cancel if they are not satisfied.

by Cyril Tuohy Insurance Contributing Editor

Cyril Tuohy, has covered the insurance industry for more than 15 years. He is an expert at writing about personal and commercial property-casualty insurance and covers life, annuities and retirement as a staff writer for a top insurance trade magazine aimed at insurance agents and financial advisors.

Careington Company Information