CareFirst

Compare Health Insurance Companies

Research top Health Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

This is an HMO Advantage plan, which makes the entire process very simple. Most doctors are in the directory. There are no claims to be submitted. Referrals are necessary, but they are processed quickly, and can be processed even faster in case of an emergency. Vision and dental plans are automatically included.

I recently tried to cancel my health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield. As I am writing this, it was 3 months ago when I sent them the necessary paperwork to cancel my insurance. Not only did they not cancel my insurance, they continue to bill me and claim that I owe them money, when I do not. They have made it as humanly difficult as possible to cancel an insurance policy, and even then once you know how to, you have to fax them the necessary paperwork -- and only fax or mail. Despite doing both of these things, one cannot rest assured that they actually received it as in my case, despite faxing them the necessary forms twice, and receiving confirmation that the fax went through to the right number, they have not cancelled my insurance policy. They now claim I owe them nearly $2000, when I should owe them absolutely nothing. I am currently seeking what recourse I have with the Maryland Insurance Administration.

If I were to recommend a health insurance company to anyone, it would not be Blue Cross Blue Shield. They are currently more than happy to play the system and bill me, knowing that I don't have the necessary means to hire an attorney, all the while they cause me financial chaos to the tune of nearly $500/month that I should not be paying at all. I just wanted my health insurance cancelled.

I am an honest, stand up citizen, and I always pay my bills. 780 FICO. I have never been late on any payment, on anything, in my entire lifetime. That all changed with Blue Cross Blue Shield. They will continue to take your money and NEVER let you cancel your policy. They are worse than a scam, because most scammers aren't in the pockets of the government and don't have the means to hire a thousand attorneys to stand on the front lines. I would be VERY cautious of getting health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield, unless it is paid for via public funding, which then you can't possibly get it for any cheaper. That is the only benefit they serve.

They didn't pay 100% of a routine physical. Didn't pay another claim for preventative service. I've had to pay out of pocket twice as they claim the Dr didn't code it right. They are just ripping off customers... I would not recommend them and will file a complaint with the organization that I work. I hope they will look for a better service as I pay quite a bit of $$ for insurance and then have to take time off of work to try to get claims covered by being on the phone with the Dr. and insurance company getting the run around. What a lousy experience for a hard working, healthy, and paying customer. CareFirst is a JOKE!!!

In April I called CareFirst more than once, in total more than 4 times to ask the same question with different representative. All told me the same answer. I asked if my insurance cover psychologist visits and they told me only in-network once. I also asked them if there is a max. number of visits per year and they said no. I can visit my psychologist as often as I like. After several weeks of search I found a few that is not too far from me and they are in network. I am the type that don't trust just one person giving me information so I called numerous time asking the same question.

Only recently I found out that CareFirst refuse to pay because they stated that I am not cover... I wouldn't have seen one if it isn't cover... They give out wrong information consistently more than 3 times by all different representatives... Now I am stuck with a super huge bill??? This sound like I am not the first person they done this to. After reading some of their reviews, other insured say the same thing...

I was covered by CareFirst as an employee of TEKsystems, a subsidiary of the Allegis Group. The insurance policy stated 100% coverage for urgent care. However, CareFirst denied payment for a urgent care visit. I contacted a health insurance advocate that stated I was indeed covered and they tried for 3 months to get a payment from CareFirst. However, CareFirst continued to deny payment. The stated reason was that they only cover urgent care from a doctor's office (which was never stated in their website or insurance agreement).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carefirst?

I need regular blood draws once per month to check my medicine levels. If the levels are too low or too high, I will die. BCBS has refused to cover any blood draws because I have an out-of-state specialist who writes the order, even though I get the blood drawn and processed by a lab that is in network. Who writes the order has NO bearing on the blood draw cost, but BCBS is using it as an excuse to not cover regular blood labs. My doctor has reached out over a dozen times to submit prior authorizations but BCBS continues to deny them without explanation, even though they have accepted them before. BCBS does not care about customers with high needs; the insurance company is better off if I die. That is very clear.

Dealing with CareFirst insurance has been incredibly frustrating. I used their email service to ask how to cancel my plan because I was moving out of the country. It took 8 days for a response. Before their email response, I called and was told I need to mail or fax the cancellation form. No problem. I filled out the form and sent it in. Now overseas, I have called and emailed several times to follow up on the cancellation form. They don't know where it is. The only help they can give me is to give me instructions on how to send the cancellation form. Thanks, Carefirst!

My experience is never email them. It takes days to get a response. I emailed them again asking if they received my cancellation form only to receive another email telling me how to cancel. I'm not entirely sure anyone even reads those emails. I sent another emailing expressing that and finally got a response that in fact they do not have my form and instructions on how to fill out the form I already sent a month previous. They're really good at providing cancellation instructions. That's why they get 1 star.

If you need to cancel your plan, by god, find yourself a fax machine because mailing it is apparently ineffective. It takes 10 business days for them to even tell you if they have received your letter. Make sure when you send in the cancellation form that you also add your proof of new coverage. The woman I spoke to on the phone said that may be the reason that my form was not processed. But who really knows? It's a pretty archaic system. I used Blue Shield while living in California and when I moved to Maryland I was able to cancel with no problems.

I have been taking care of my mom since these past 3 years, my mom 67 had care1st for about over 5 years. They want to charge her more money but wait here's the thing. My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer 2 years ago and Care1st couldn't cover the cancer dr that my mom was seeing in the hospital so my mom ask the dr if they can find her one, we went and the people said "you're not in our database" and they don't even know who or why they told my mom she was approved. We get home and call the insurance, I'm on hold for an hour. She hangs up and doesn't even think to call back!

I call again and then my mom gets schedule for a blood test so I take my mom for her blood test and we call to let them know she took her blood test. That way they can schedule the cancer dr. Well guess what, the other people were confused asking who told us to come, who did we speak to etc. So we call again! They finally get back to us 6 months later and say my mom needs to do another blood test because it's been a while and finally tomorrow we are going to see the cancer dr but I'm not sure because they might say the same thing. This is not right. My mom looks so depressed and I don't know a good health insurance for her, they want her to pay more money but yet do a ** job! Like please don't put your family in this. I'm only 24 and I have to watch my mom die because we can't get help.

My family had a medical policy with Care First last year, which was cancelled in December. We signed up for a new policy for this year. Care first nonetheless billed my credit card for 2017 for the monthly premium. After speaking with five customer representatives, I cannot get the overcharge that was billed to my credit card, and I am still billed for the canceled account. So, even though we switched to a new Policy with Care First, they illegally bill us for both policies. We do not intend to use this company again. Based on my experience, it is either engaged in fraud or is simply grossly negligent.

My daughter is under 19 and she is supposed to be covered under her medical policy for dental. I have only every had 1 claim done correctly. CareFirst dropped her from coverage and no one could explain why. I finally was able to get her back under dental but since then the problem is I have to send the claim forms via certified mail (costing me more money) to some PO box which then takes them over six months to do anything with. By then I have already been back for the next 6mth check up. Why does it take so long to process a claim? They just raised my daughter's health insurance premium to almost $300 per month unless I want a plan that pays for nothing until you reach your 2500 deductible.

Why have health insurance if you have to pay the premium and pay the total doctor bill every time you might have to go to the doctor. Obamacare has done nothing but raise the cost of premiums for everyone and the out of pocket. I see why people take the tax penalty. I will now be paying close to $600 per month for my daughter and myself. Guess it is time to time to find another job just so I can pay that or get a lower premium and come up with 200 dollars every time my child gets sick and I have to take her to the doctor. Rip off artists... All insurance companies.

The CareFirst insurance was going to cancel my insurance because I was past due for only 0.03 cents. I am very upset and depressed. How can a insurance do this to people that is so sad? No wonder people commit suicide because of the health insurance. Please do something about. Where can I sent a copy of the letter that CareFirst insurance send me? I want consumer report to take this matter seriously. Thank you.

My elderly mother was served a civil action by Carefirst. Due to a fall resulting in a fractured spine compounded by dementia it took several months to find out what insurance mother has. By the time we found out from her local pharmacy a massive bill accumulated and payment was to have been made to settle the debt. Looks like only a part of the bill was settled since Carefirst would not cover her pharmacy expenses from the onset of the accident. Was told they have a policy of only going back a limited time to honor back claims. Carefirst does not communicate, takes little notice of the difficulty in trying to manage an aging parent's affairs during a confusing and delicate time and it's time the regulators put them out of business. I have no claim number to reference only a docket number from the civil action against my Mother.

In my experience, CareFirst is not in the Health Care business. They are in the business of collecting premiums. At over $400 per month, I do expect my prescription to be covered... which is not the case.

I can't express the amount of ignorance the call center has. Do they know how to listen? And they speak to me like I'm an animal. Not only were they rude they hung up on me twice while being on hold for longer than forty-five minutes! These people need to get it together! I can't even get a complaint taken care of because no one cares. Some management they have! I'll call every day if I have to get something taken care of. They need to learn some manners.

Signed up with CareFirst when my COBRA ended. As a Senior, but too young for Medicare, I joined in order to keep renewing the few prescriptions that I'd been taking for years (Wellbutrin, Evista, QVar, Xalatan, Requip, & Flonase. This was before it was OTC.) I chose a Primary, (who I will name if asked,) & began to TRY getting an appointment. During those 6 mos, I got thru to the office twice & left messages each time. Never had a call returned. 1st time they finally answered, they took all my info & said they'd get back to me. 2nd time, the clerk, who took more extensive info, PROMISED that as soon as they'd reviewed it for legitimacy, they would call me & book an appointment. I NEVER heard back from them. I then canceled CareFirst' & got 'Covered Calif.' But a year later, CareFirst STILL thinks I'm a customer of theirs!

Can't really tell you how MANY times they've been informed of this, but 1 time, when I'd complained that they really SHOULD figure out that I'm NOT WITH THEM ANYMORE, I was told that I should really report my quitting CareFirst to my "CASEWORKER!" I don't have a caseworker! Why should I have a caseworker? HOW DO I GET ONE WHEN I DON'T QUALIFY FOR WELFARE??? I now have "OBAMACARE" (Truly more like "ROMNEYCARE"!!) -- does that mean I'm "on welfare"? Do I now have to apply for welfare, to get a caseworker, to quit CareFirst? REALLY???

This HMO is deceptive. They do not have providers for covered conditions. If they require you to use a provider in network and they do not have a provider for a covered condition this means that the medical condition is effectively not covered. I live in the Washington DC metro area. When looking for a specialist they have NO providers in a 30 mile radius. NO providers = NO COVERAGE. Period! If they do not have providers in the Nation's Capital I am sure this is an issue elsewhere as well. There is no excuse for them to not have several choices for providers in every single category of their coverage in a densely populated urban area like this. They should be required to publish every specialist or area that they do not have providers for because there is no provision to go out of network. Something like "Since we do not have in network doctors for these conditions you will not be covered if you get/have the following..."

If a plan has no out of network options, then it cannot claim to provide coverage for items that it does not have an in network provider for. In order to truly know what your coverage is you need to research the providers' list for each and every POTENTIAL condition to see if they have a specialist for that. If there is no provider in their network THERE IS NO COVERAGE FOR THAT ITEM.

I pay my bills using automated Bill Pays services. Jan. 2016 a shortage of nearly $1000 missing from checking account. A review, found the culprit: CareFirst ACH $942.45 on 12/30 siphoned from my account while on Holiday. HAPPY NEW YEAR Care-Less-First! Customer service went to 3 different supervisors who said "Highly irregular. Appears to be fraud, they never take money out like this. First time. We need to investigate." After 5 hrs of phone work the final word from "Ernest" - "Look your bank allowed us to take the money out so we did." How many subscribers to CareFirst would like an extra $1000 pulled during Holidays? Compounding matters were my voluntary payments of $330 on 12/17, $300 on 12/23 and $300 on 1/8. So much for pay it ahead! Caution: If you have an automated bill pays set up with CareFirst think of a Hoover Vacuum on the receiving end of your Electronic Payments!

After 2 3/4 hours on hold and having been dropped 3 times, have given up. Explained my situation over 3 times to a Vanessa (Reference#**), and she was still unable to comprehend. All I can say is if I am now paying almost $200 more a month, and with this type of customer care, I can shop for a different health carrier. Also, after waiting to be transferred to supervisor 3 times, the call was dropped and no return call even though they ask for a callback number in case of a disconnection. GOOD LUCK WITH THIS INSURANCE CARRIER!!!

I have done everything as I was supposed to do it, by deadlines and according to everyone's rules and here I am paying $489 a month and no health plan and I need a doctor's appointment before I have irreparable damage to my foot. It's been over 30 days of emails and calls and emails and calls to both CareFirst and Maryland Health Exchange with no resolution. I applied on the Maryland Health Exchange for the silver plan under CareFirst, yet CareFirst denies receiving the plan. Well, I posted the copy of the plan acceptance on the email to CareFirst (I had a plan of theirs outside the Maryland plan so I was able to email through that account and upload documents).

So - they have my payment and documentation of the plan I chose and they won't give it to me. Can someone help me with this? I need to see a doctor and can't afford to pay both for care and the exorbitant insurance costs! They have been making money from me for many years with very few appointments and now that I need to see the doctor, they can't seem to acknowledge the plan I have. H-E-L-P.

I have been a member of CareFirst's Medicare advantage program since 2013. Prior to signing up, I had straight medicare and loved the freedom I had in choosing providers, no referral requirements, etc. However, in 2012 I received a phone call from my primary care doctor's office, telling me that this new Medicare Advantage program being offered through CareFirst provided benefits not otherwise available through Medicare, such as dental benefits. I really was not interested in switching to a HMO, but looked into it for the dental benefits, which I sorely needed. Based on the promise of dental coverage, FREE gym membership (through the "Silver Sneakers" program), and other coverage such as acupuncture treatment and chiropractic, I decided to try CareFirst.

Well guess what? Aside from all the hassles inherent in a HMO (limited to their network of providers, referrals for everything, etc, incorrect billing), after 2 years, without notice, they have terminated the dental coverage, the gym membership, the acupuncture and more. But the worst part is they provided NO NOTICE. I have been automatically reenrolled the past two years AFTER receiving notice of change in benefits, for which the prior two years were negligible.

This year, for 2016 enrollment, I received NO notice of any change in benefits. SO I reasonably assumed there were no material changes. Imagine my surprise when, the first week of January 2016, I call to find out why Delta Dental (CareFirst's contracted dental provider) has no record of my coverage, and the CareFirst rep says it's no longer a benefit! What? When did that happen? He didn't know. Why does it state on CareFirst's website that dental is included? He didn't know.

I filed a grievance and am told that I SHOULD have received a notice of change in benefits. So why didn't I? Hmm, maybe because they don't want to lose members? In any event, this is fraud. They have cut numerous benefits without notice, and the only way I found out was when I called AFTER they had already auto enrolled me. Their supervisor in the grievance department, Terri, told me that I'm now covered by state dental program and to call them! Yes, that's CareFirst's response to the effects of their fraud. So after an hour of calling state offices, I find out that because CareFirst previously provided dental coverage, I have to jump through hoops for state eligibility. In other words, due to CareFirst's fraudulently omission regarding termination of benefits, I am now forced to spend hours of my time and energy fixing a problem not of my own making.

As for the change in benefits? After 30 minutes of using google and searching CareFirst's website I FINALLY found a notice of the change in terms of coverage for 2016. I am a professional with a job that entails a great deal of research, so 30 minutes to find a document like this, one that should be sent to the consumer in the first place, certainly doesn't seem like a minor oversight by CareFirst but rather an intentional attempt to conceal material terms from members. I hope Medicare investigates this company. They really need to go out of business. I'm going back to straight Medicare and look forward to the demise of CareFirst. Awful, deceptive, and clearly taking advantage of those who are unlikely or unable to protect themselves from CareFirst predatory practices.

I have paid my premiums on time for 9 months through my HSA. In August they cashed my check and cancelled my account due to "not paying my premium". Three months later and after sending them my cancelled check, continuing to pay my premium, and calling them 18 times, they still have not resolved the issue and all of my claims come back saying I have no insurance. They assured me it will be reinstated and retroactive, but that was 6 weeks ago and still nothing. I am paying out of pocket for all prescriptions and doctors visits that cannot wait until CareFirst fixes their mistake. They said at the latest it would be resolved 8 days ago and they would call. I have received no such resolution or call. Get to call them now and waste yet another 1-2 hours getting the run around.

Not only they credited back my dental to my primary medical account but we keep trying to contact them but we wait literally hours on the phone. I put my phone next to my laptop and work. Who has time to spend hours on the phone to correct their errors? It is at best a mediocre service, I do not recommend this provider.

I've had CareFirst for years and had no problems until after the changes due to Obamacare came into effect. 2 years ago my health insurance doubled in price. Now doubled again topping out at $400 a month. They failed to update it last year which caused a lapse in coverage. Now I have to pay for directly despite having a hard copy letter stating that my insurance was active at that date. They have been completely incompetent.

I had problems with billing online and called them specifically requesting to pay the exact amount that was due. And later I got a letter stating my coverage had lapsed again despite I trying to communicate to him directly. It is clear they are abusing the new laws set forth and robbing people with their rates that have increased 4 fold but covers less. This has happened to everyone I know with their coverage. They should be charge for criminal extortion. $400 a month for a 30 year old healthy male. At that rate I can pay for my medical bills myself.

I have health coverage through CareFirst and prior to getting dental coverage I was pretty unhappy with all aspects of their business so I'm not sure why I thought it would be a good idea to get dental coverage through them. First off they refuse to let you fill any forms out online. Whether you are waiting for an approval of coverage or they need to you fill out forms you must do all communication via USPS. So let's say you need insurance ASAP. Too bad. You must download the pdf, print it out, then mail it to them. Then once they receive it, you must wait anywhere from 14 to 28 days to get a response from them. It took me 9 phone calls and 2 months of waiting to get coverage. They actually told me on the phone that they "don't have email" so that is why I couldn't just email the completed form to them.

Next, I got medical coverage in October as I was eligible to enroll because of loss of benefits from a prior employer. In January I got a letter saying that the rate I was approved for was only good for 2014 so my monthly rate would be increasing from $129 a month to $159 a month. If I wanted to change my plan so that I could get a better rate I had to print out a cancellation form, fill it out and mail it to them and wait several weeks for it to go through them and only then could I RE-ENROLL with CareFirst again.

Even though they had all of my information and I still had a plan with them I had to start the entire process over just so I could get coverage and it ultimately left me without coverage for another two months. I couldn't enroll for an online profile until I called in and had them manually delete my old profile that I could no longer access because I had applied for a cancellation. All just because they never told me that my rate would increase significantly after only 3 months.

Next I got dental coverage and once again it was a crazy long process. I had to print out forms, mail them in and wait once again for a response. When I did finally get a response I was actually shocked to see how low the cost was for coverage. $75 for three months of coverage. "Great!" I thought. So I paid three months ahead and thought it would be perfect. On July 28th I logged on to the website to pay my medical coverage premium before I left town for three weeks. I paid my medical bill and then I noticed on the bill tab there was a new amount for the dental plan for $20.32. It didn't say what it was for but I assumed it was an amount owed for a service or something. The strange thing was that I couldn't make a payment towards the amount. Usually there is a "PAY NOW" button underneath the bill that allows you to make a payment but in this instance there was nothing.

So I figured it was an upcoming payment for the next month that it was too early to pay. Nope, when I came back in town on the 21st of August I got an email from CareFirst that same day saying that they had given me 25 days to pay my new "premium increase of $20.32" and since I didn't make my payment that my dental coverage had been terminated effective immediately. I called them and they told me there was nothing I could do to get my coverage reinstated and that in order to get coverage again I could "RE-ENROLL IN 12 MONTHS." I explained to them that I couldn't pay the amount online and that I still couldn't pay the amount because the option was not available. I asked if I could just pay the amount over the phone with them but that wasn't a possibility because "their system wasn't set up for that" and I would "have to wait 7-21 days to receive a final bill in the mail" for $20.32. Then I could mail them a check.

I have yet to receive a bill and I'm sure when I do they will have added some sort of late fee on there too even though I have never even had the option to pay it. Even now when I get on the Carefirst website it still gives me no option to pay this. It's crazy and makes no sense. I did a little research and found out just how terrible they are. I wish I had done that before I got involved with them. I called a few dentist offices and asked them which insurances they had the best experience with. They recommended Delta Dental and Metlife.

I called Delta and it was pretty obvious right away that they were a different type of company. I called and they picked up the phone immediately. They helped me with exactly what I wanted and connected me with a client broker directly who gave me her direct line to talk. She sent me an email within a few minutes of talking to her with a link to all the plans she recommended for me. I picked a plan, filled everything out online, paid for the coverage and she called me back to confirm everything. The whole process took less than 20 minutes and I only had to dial one phone number. I will never ever recommend CareFirst to anyone and I can't wait to cancel my medical coverage with them and get it through a worthy provider. What a waste of time they have been. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

My poor experiences started with my daughter being born in July 2014. It took them 3 months to add her to my policy and then back charged me for the time period without a warning. Next, in open enrollment in January I wanted to add my wife. I was told they needed to mail me an application and to expect it in 2-4 weeks. I have yet to receive it. The final straw however, has come with my soon to be stepson. My wife and I received notice that "B" would be losing his state-assisted health care due to my income being added in. Since he is my stepson by marriage I was told he could be on my plan. I started applying in May and had the application sent back twice, each time asking for more information. Both times the entire application was faxed back with the additional information within 24-48 hours. This was not something I let linger.

In mid June I still had not gotten any answers and I called in to CareFirst. I was told that it didn't seem like he had coverage but yes, they did have all the faxes and information. The very next day I got an insurance card in the mail when I got home. Of course, it was too late to call since they only have M-F until 5pm hours but, I called the next business day and was told he had coverage. When I got my bill on July 3rd I did not see charges for him and sent an email July 7th stating my concerns. I also called in a few days later when I did not get a response and was told not to worry. On August 1 we went to get prescriptions refilled and found "B" health care to be denied. Of course CareFirst is closed and I can't get any information. On August 3, I finally got an email back to my email sent on July 7 which stated that they wanted his adoption certificate which is not complete yet.

After calling back in while on vacation on August 5 I recounted that he is being added using the qualifying event of losing coverage, not the adoption, to which the person on the phone stated she could not find the information sent. On August 13, when I returned to MD, I talked to another rep who was able to find the information I was told was "lost" and sent it back up for review. When it was sent back I was then told that the application I sent in was the wrong one and would need a different one. When I called back in they now are telling me that he would need his own plan until adoption and even if I wait until adoption I need another form since my plan is a grandfathered plan. I asked for the forms to be faxed to me and was told I would have them in 24-48 hours and would receive a phone call to make sure I got them within 2 days. It has now been 4 and I have gotten neither.

On top of that, I constantly have asked for any billing considerations for the hardship, being a young family a little bit can go a long way. I have gotten no such consideration. Due to the extreme length of time, I lost any ability to get other coverage for my son since it is 60 days past the date he lost healthcare. My questions are: If the application was indeed wrong why wasn't this the first thing sent back? If the documentation couldn't be done, why did he get a card? Why does it take 24-48 hours to send a fax? Why does it take 1 month to send an email that could have avoided the whole situation?

Two months ago I was rushed to the ER. Turns out I have 9 cm mass on my side... Treatment??? I would not know. It took CareFirst a month or so to start on my referral (it took me calling them 4 times in one week to get answer about my referral - My Health). Weeks later I am able to get an appointment, two weeks down the line. 08/18, two days before my appointment I get a call to cancel my appointment. I was not given a solution. I was told "WE DO NOT THE SEPT SCHEDULE. I CAN CALL YOU IN A COUPLE OF DAYS WITH A TIME."

After waiting months for CareFirst to handle my paperwork, my appointment is being cancelled. Meanwhile the ER doctor tells me to take it easy because my mass can burst at anytime. I am sick & in a lot of pain. I've lost 13 pounds in two months. My side hurts time to time and I have yet to see a doctor. There has to be some type of customer training.

Today I looked into my mailbox to see a small envelope with my name (first and middle, not my last name which struck odd for me) and in the most horrible, almost childlike, handwriting. No return address except for a stamp and "Capital District 200, 208" and underneath the date - "14 Jul 2015 FMSL" either stamped or typed on. I opened it up and a folded up check is inside for an amount of $3,050.00 Correctly written out is my full name (last name included as well) and the signature is exactly similar to the handwriting on the envelope yet unable to read the name. Both my boyfriend and research the company for red flags of scams or anything negative and nothing particularly strange popped up. I do have Blue Cross Blue Shield but because I'm not 26, I'm still under the insurance of my parents. I don't do anything in terms of dealing with it except for carrying my cards around and giving them to health providers when asked for them.

I've called numbers provided on the website to talk to someone yet, not successful. I've asked my local bank to look over the check and confirm that this is a legitimate check and they said it was. However they were not able to call and check to make sure it was not fraudulent or of sorts due to their terms of being a local bank dealing with local and customer only situations. I live in Auburn, AL and only have a Columbus, Georgia bank that I make a monthly trip to which also happens to be a local only bank. The check is Wells Fargo and I haven't been there to get inquiry from them yet but I'm seeking out any reviews through here if anyone knows or gone through my same experience. I'm frightened to deposit or do anything with the check in case of it being a scam or fraud. Any help would be great!

I am writing to state that I am disgusted with the treatment that I have received from CareFirst DC BCBS/FEP customer service staff. The staff are arrogant, they provide incorrect information, and they are very rude. I have been trying to get the above subject claim resolved for going on three months. I just want someone in management to help me resolve this claim. I don't want to have to contact OPM to help me. I am exasperated.

Begin in November 2014, I signed up for a family plan with Blue Cross. It was 3 people, me, my husband, and my daughter. My husband and daughter got their cards, I didn't. I call them every month about my case and to ask them if I am on the plan. They said yes, still no card or ID number for 3 months. On April 18th, I got a card and then they told me I need January, Feb, March prorate. They gave me a price and I paid it Jan, Feb, March. They even said I had a credit because we over paid them after April 18. We got a bill for $1198.00. It jumped from a credit to being behind in my payment. Because they charge me now for the 3 months I was not covered, I have called and asked them can I make payment? They now say I have insurance but they will not paid for our meds.

I have been paying them every month the price they gave me. And I will pay them for the three months I was not covered. But I am on a budget and I can pay it all at one time. I told them if they would have given me the price at first, I would have worked it into my budget like now. They get paid every month but because of the 3 months I was not covered, they say I am behind a payment.

I been calling for the past few days to schedule my appointments. On the first day I waited an hour and still no one picked up. I had to cancel my next day appointment. On the second day I waited for 45 minutes. I'm handicapped.

CareFirst Company Profile