3.38/5
Based on 2,788 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Assurant helps millions of people all around the world keep their tech devices connected and protected. From cracked screens to water damage, theft or loss, our coverage protects against the unexpected. Our customer service teams are available day and night, via call, click or chat, and replacement devices arrive in as little as 24 hours. Plus, our premium tech support helps with new device set up, troubleshooting issues, activating smart home features and more. We’re in the peace-of-mind business, helping our customers keep their lives running smoothly every step of the way.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Assurant Phone Insurance Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I have been with T-Mobile for approximately 15 years and in the past I have had very bad experience with Assurant Customer Service but the last 2 or 3 times I have had wonderful experience. I had spoken to Alex (customer service rep.) and David, the supervisor. They were both very professional and were extremely polite and kind. They knew what they were doing and it was a breath of fresh air to speak to such wonderful and great professionals. In my humble opinion, they should both get some kind of monetary incentives or promotions. A pat on the shoulder is great but after all we all work for $$$ and Assurant should recognize them for their professionalism.

As for the 2nd time, I had spoken to Stacey (customer service rep.) and Jennifer, the Supervisor. Again, in my humble opinion, both Stacy and Jennifer should be recognized by some kind of promotions or money incentives. Like, I said above we all work for $$$ and it would be wonderful to promote these young professionals mentioned above. Alex, David, Stacey and Jennifer are overqualified for their job. You must have had a shuffle in the customer service department. In the past, I was sure one of these customers would bring a class-action lawsuit against Assurant because of the poor customer service. Thank you for reading my comments and I hope you will consider my recommendation.

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Luckily I had a vinyl cover on my phone on this day. I placed my phone on top of my car as I took off my jacket leaving work and didn't put it back in the car with me. So I drove at least 5 miles with the phone riding on top of my vehicle until I looked in my rear view mirror and saw it fly off on to the street. I turned my vehicle around to see it in the street on the opposite side of the road. It was still intact at this point until the 3rd car whizzed by only to run over it and it popped out the case and was crushed in a million intake pieces. I picked it up, only for it to reconnect to my car system and also ring the next day for alarm to get up.

I went by my local tmobile and Brandon gave me a paper with detailed information on what to do. I called, set up detailed resolve and because I called so early I was able to have my phone sent next day. I set everything up on the phone, (because I'd just done this 3 weeks prior). I received a envelope to send back damaged phone and that was it. Great service and instruction. Thank you tmobile.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

We are glad that we had you covered, Tracy.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I have made the call 9/19/19 to file a claim. I received device 9/23/19. Except the small delay waiting for the replacement device I have to say I was completely satisfied. Filing a claim was pretty easy and painless. Not at all what I was expecting. I did have to fill details online after paying for it but I understand that you must have documentation from us. I was very happy you lowered the deductible payment which was too much before. It used to be $150 but now you charged me $99 that seems fair since we had an older model. This was my son’s line.

Also you must been out of stock for his device the galaxy S7; but you sent a better phone, you sent a replacement for the galaxy S8. I appreciate that initiative a lot. He was overall happy. My son is away in college so it took a while to get broken device from him. I still returned the broken device within the 10 day required. So I also appreciate the 10 day flexibility because that also helped us with ample time to get everything squared away. I returned broken device on 10/2/2019. Thanks to all of you for the amazing service you are providing us. I can’t thank you enough. I never been happy to file a claim before but this time you made it all worthwhile. Thank you!!

-Djanane

Assurant Phone Insurance response

We are glad that we had you covered and thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I’m SO glad I opted in for the insurance plan with Metro PCS. I lost my phone last week and it was an iPhone 6plus. I called Assurant immediately to blacklist my phone and to get a replacement. My deductible was $200, which I thought was pretty high... UNTIL THEY SENT ME MY REPLACEMENT! Let me add that they sent my phone for free overnight, but I made my claim on a Saturday, so it would’ve been sent out on Monday for Tuesday delivery. Well turns out that there was a delivery exception because of some floods in Texas, still not Assurant's fault. But the whole process was quick, easy and hassle free. I was even impressed by their voice activated services because the robot got my answers correct each and every time! I usually get so frustrated with those voice robots but this one was quite calming to my nerves.

So, I go my replacement and it was a BEAUTIFUL IPHONE 8 PLUS!! Yup, an 8plus!!! I couldn’t believe it. It was a nice rose gold cream color with a glass back, just gorgeous!!! I can tell it was refurbished because it wasn’t in the box, but it was flawless... I just wish it came with the earphones because I don’t have any earphones to fit the audio jack on the 8... with my 6 it was just a normal headphone input. Overall I’m very impressed with the whole experience and customer service. I’m a very satisfied customer.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I'm a plumber and was called to Wet n Wild water park early one morning to repair some backflow devices on soft drink machines before the park opened. I was working alone, or so I thought, in one of greasy spoon restaurants they have at this filthy, stinking, ** water park, with my phone playing my favorite music, when I realized I needed more parts for this repair. I paused the music and went to the truck for parts, gone for no more than 5 minutes. When I returned, my phone was gone. I searched everywhere. My truck, my tool box, lost and found. Nothing. One of the thieving little ** working there watched me leave and came in behind me and stole my phone. Management didn't do **, essentially saying "tough **. Not our problem."

So I filed a police report, went to TMOBILE to have the phone turned off and locked out, basically making it worthless. Then, TMOBILE helped me file a loss claim. My claim was approved while I was standing there!! They were fast, courteous, and completely understanding of my position. They said I would have my phone in 2 days, due to it being the 4th of July holiday. And they were not kidding!! My phone arrived on Saturday. TMOBILE helped set my new phone up and get me back to work again. Thank You Assurant!! I'll NEVER be without Assurant on my phone!!

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Thank you for your review, Jerry. We are glad that we had you covered!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Phone Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Not a pleasant experience. The employee on the phone was rude, kind of sarcastic and didn't seem to care about what I had to say anyways. Was on the phone for 20 minutes and I know my blood pressure went up. Every question I asked, he responded with a rude remark when he didn't understand what exactly I was asking. I just needed to find out what my order number was so I could put it on my package like it says and he kept saying I didn't need it when in the directions it says to make sure to fill out all of the "from" section in the address. I had to repeat my questions and his responses were making the entire situation worse. Saying that, the original lady I spoke with when placing the claim, was more helpful.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Process was expedient, thorough, and simple. Replacement phone arrived the next day, process to return old phone and program new phone was easy to follow (but a little daunting). Very satisfied. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

When I went to exchange the phone I thought I was going to get a brand new phone but instead I got a used phone. I am a little unhappy since I detected an issue with this "new" phone. Overall, I will try to make it work with this "new" phone.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Great experience working with the team there. When I couldn't quite remember the exact date of my loss they were very instrumental in helping me out with this. The manager on duty was over the top professional. She calm me down and address my issues.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I was very disappointed in the customer service I received during my episode of needing to replace my lost device. I lost my phone, after searching for the phone, calling Tmobile and getting location placed I still could not locate, I then had to go to a store to get a password reset. When I called Assurant, the very first problem I encountered was that they said I was using the wrong passcode, even though I had just changed it and verified with Tmobile that it had been reset and what the exact passcode was. This took another extended period of time, by this time I had spent 2 hrs on the phone and or store with Tmobile and now with assurant.

I placed my order approx 8pm CO time on Wed before THanksgiving and was told that my order was completed before 8:30 therefore it would be delivered on Friday (typically it is next day service but I totally understood the holiday interference) I was also told I would receive an email confirming order and with tracking information (to this date I have yet to receive an email). Come Friday at approx noon I had not received the device so I tried to track down a tracking number, once I Was finally able to get this info (because I was never given the email) UPS said assurant had not updated the info so they could not provide me with any info.

On Saturday I called Assurant as I figured I had given them plenty of time to get me the device. I was then told it would not arrive until Monday. Two of the assurant people reported I had done everything correctly and it was their fault, however, a third person Miguel decided that it was my fault because my order was not completed on Eastern time however, by this time I was told by the original operator that it was based upon CO time and the two other employees on Saturday also confirmed this. I asked if they could please work with Tmobile to help me get a device to use for work until the device arrived on Monday. They refused to help me get a loaner and so did Tmobile. Come Monday no device arrived. It finally arrived on Tuesday at 4pm. This was 7 days AFTER original claim date and assurant stated it was next day delivery. I still had to pay my deductible and overall customer service was horrible.

Assurant Phone Insurance expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Assurant Phone Insurance offers phone and tablet insurance through providers in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Brazil, Argentina and Italy. It offers a wide range of plans that cover device protection, data restoration and technical support.

• Replacement services: Assurant offers replacement in the event of loss, theft, accidental damage or mechanical breakdown. These services are especially useful if your mobile device’s warranty has expired.

• Pocket Geek: Select Assurant policies include Pocket Geek, an app for your mobile phone which allows you to troubleshoot, monitor device performance and even wipe the device in case of theft.

• Lookout Mobile Security: Assurant pairs with Lookout Mobile Security, which protects your phone from outside threats like malware and spyware.

• Data protection: Assurant allows you to backup 100 GB of data, allowing you access to your important information even in the event of theft or loss.

• Global provider options: Assurant pairs with U.S. Cellular, T-Mobile and Bluegrass Cellular in the United States, Claro Up in Brazil, Movistar in Argentina, TIM in Italy and T-Mobile in Puerto Rico.

• Best for: mobile phone owners with expired warranties.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Assurant Phone Insurance Company Information