Assurant Phone Insurance

Compare Electronics Extended Warranties

Research top Electronics Extended Warranties recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My son purchased a OnePlus 5 64GB two weeks ago and it was stolen while on vacation in Morocco. They don't carry that phone with T-Mobile so they offered the Samsung J7 with 16 GB which can be purchased for 129.00 on eBay and 229.00 at T-Mobile. I have the receipt showing 549.00 plus tax. Now How's that comparable for my two week old phone. They want a 50.00 deductible on a $129.00 phone or 229.00 phone at T-Mobile.

I have paid Assurant for many years. $10.00/month and never needed to file a claim. Why bother if they are going to give you junk for an expensive phone in which I still have the receipt for being that it was purchased 2 weeks ago. Asked to speak to a supervisor and she said I couldn't but I could complain to T-Mobile. T-Mobile rep couldn't help so she connected me to a supervisor with Assurant and what a joke... I stated my concerns and she asked "why are you calling?" "Did you not understand lady? You're trying to rip me off..." She quickly said "there is nothing I can do." I said "well thanks for nothing and have a great day!" Rant and complaint over.

I called in to make a $50 payment for a deductible. After attempting the online echeck payment it kicked me back to customer service who asked for my checking account number and routing number because the 2nd agent said the payment didn't process. He suggests it wasn't enough money in the account. I let that slide and proceeded to give him my full name, address, etc. I told him I didn't want to give my routing and checking account number over the phone which is why the previous agent sent me to the automated. He took my name, license number & address and said he was sending me to automated service to reenter the routing and account number and confirms where I track the claim...I say okay and then phone goes dead. I'm thinking that's weird but it must have gone thru because the agent didn't transfer me to the automated service.

Spoiler alert: I was wrong. The payment wasn't processed. Problem: Trust. Why are agents asking for routing and account numbers over the phone? To further confuse myself, I withdrew the same amount from my account which I'm thinking days later was Assurant taking the payment. To resolve this I talked with 4 Assurant reps: 2 nice and 2 not so nice. After speaking to the last agent, I'm really regretting paying Assurant to cover my rental insurance and my 3 cell phones. I've worked in Customer Service before and the customer is not always right but should be treated with the understanding that they think they are right or at least there's a reason these people who pay your salaries are calling Customer Service.

I filed a claim about for my cracked phone screen to receive a replacement. I sent back my phone from UPS to YORK PA, 17402, 625 WILLOW SPRINGS LANE STE A. RMA # **. I've been charged 300$ on my T-Mobile phone bill despite sending it back 3 weeks prior. I called up Assurant and was placed on hold while they did more research and was hung up on. I called back again and was told the warehouse never received my package. They said that it was my fault and I would need to pay the bill and a refund would be void. My boyfriend decided to call back and speak to a manager, he was placed on hold and hung up on 10 minutes after waiting. He called back again and finally was able to speak to a supervisor and was told the same information, the warehouse "never received it." The supervisor told us it may have been shipped to the wrong address, but it clearly hasn't been.

This is 100% their responsibility for losing my package, I don't deserve to be charged for something I sent back. I'm speaking to lawyers about my options on this. I've never had an insurance company literally give me the run-around like this repeatedly. It's become evident this is not the first time it's happened either. I've seen DOZENS of people stating they have the same issue with this insurance company. Somebody is clearly stealing packages before they are processed. We all need to be compensated for this theft immediately.

Through T-mobile, we paid a monthly fee for protection plan with Assurant Solutions. The original iPhone broke, so we went through a cumbersome process for replacement. Paid significant deductible to get the replacement phone ($175). It looked fine, but from the beginning was slow, not much battery power. Then after 4.5 months, started shutting down with 60% battery left. Became unreliable, poor calling, etc. I reported this (still within the 180 day warranty period) and they were extremely unhelpful and unapologetic. Offered to replace the phone again (which of course I wouldn't want to go through again), but refused to refund the deductible, which would have been the right thing to do.

I spoke with four different representatives of Assurant trying to file a claim on my tablet. I received two different deductible values from three different representatives. One representative even told me that Assurant would charge me a higher deductible to send me an "comparable" device because a replacement tablet was not in stock. After spending more than an hour in total on the phone with Assurant representatives in one day, I was finally told that Assurant did not have one single device in stock that they could send me in response to my claim. Is that not why I pay them monthly to do? Very pathetic, unhelpful, dissatisfying service to someone who has been with T-Mobile for 11 years. I definitely think T-Mobile needs to rethink its contract with Assurant. There has to be provider that can do better!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Phone Insurance?

Do not use this Assurant for your cell phone coverage because: First I pay $12 per month for this phone coverage. The screen of my new phone Samsung S8+ broke. I called Tmobile who sent me to Assurant to file a claim. The Assurant customer service is unqualified and can't answer to basics questions related to their services. They don't know how long it takes to update information in their system for example... The manager I was on the phone with either hanged up on me or disconnected the call. She never called me back to finish the claim!

I had to call Tmobile again and in order to have my issue (Just filling a claim) taken care... I ended up on a conference call with a Tmobile manager and another Assurant representative who of course wasn't aware of the issue. If you want to waste hours on the phone feel free to use Assurant Inc, otherwise I strongly invite you to do like me and cancel this "service" who is nothing but the worse insurance and customer service you can deal with. Shop around.

I've paid insurance on my phones for many years. Assurant offers two claims per year. Now mind you, two claims means file even if they deny you one of the two claims, that's your two claims. I filed a claim and Assurant deemed it as a warranty defect so the claim was denied. I went thru the manufacturer's warranty. Well with the "filed" but denied claim that still counts as two claims "filed" per year. Poor customer service and that's by far a very large scam to your clients!

It so happened that I was talking to a T-Mobile rep. on another matter when my tablet came up. I told them that my screen was cracked. I was informed that I had insurance on it and should go ahead and filed a claim. A deduction of $50 was mentioned. I filed the claim over the phone. A rep took my information and told me that the deduction was $100. She was about asked for the deduction when she found out that there was no replacement tablet for the model that I have. Now get this, I have been paying for insurance on this table for over 3 years @ $9 per month. Do the math $324. I was told someone would have gotten back to me. This never happened.

So I called and cancelled the insurance. This made no sense. They were very happy to cancel the insurance when they found that they were ahead of the game. A Galaxy Tab 3 tablet cost about $94 (eBay) and the deductible is $90. Now isn't this a scheme. I found this to be a very big, big rip-off. Anyone who is reading and planning to insurance via this company, I would suggest you put away the money in a savings account and over time you would have enough money put away to purchase another one or do as you please. I strongly suggest that if you are associated with this company to check your situation out. You may save some time or money.

I submitted a claim and returned my damaged phone in the return plastic pouch and prepaid label. I took the phone in the sealed envelop and the prepaid label to a UPS Store that is a package drop off center for USPS, so the clerk could verify that the prepaid label covered the postage, it was received and weighed, (.33 lbs which corresponds to the weight of the phone in the pouch). I have the Drop Off Packages report from the UPS store with the drop off time, date, service, tracking number and weight. I have contact Assurant over 15 times, talked with 2 supervisors Adrian ** and supervisor Alex **, who claim they first didn't receive the phone, then claimed they would check the warehouse to say the package was empty.

I traced the tracking from April 3, 2017 at 3:58 pm. Picked up at San Marino on April 4th to the final destination. Delivered April 10th where it was picked up by Assurant, at which time they didn't say the pouch was tampered and empty. I have been charged for a phone that I returned following their instructions. I have called May 4th twice. Spoke with Stacey and since then have called 15 times. Spoke with 2 supervisors Adrian ** and Alex **. On May 21st I spoke with Nancy that said she was sorry about the mix up and wouldn't charge for the return cell phone since I did return it. She said she would have that in her notes, needless to say I was charged and after talking with supervisor Alex **, I will still be charged for the phone I returned.

I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible to resolve this problem. If I do not hear from you within 10 days I will file complaints with the appropriate consumer agencies and consider my legal alternatives. I will contact the CEO Alan B Colberg, Ms. Elaine D. Rosen Chair Board as well as NBC NEWS I Team.

I await your response.

I filed my initial claim on a Wednesday. I received the replacement phone on Friday. I took the phone to US Cellular to be set up and it didn't work. It wouldn't charge, they seeped the battery and it still wouldn't turn on. The US Cellular Rep and I got on the phone with Assurant and they said we had to send it back before they would issue another phone. This is crazy, I didn't have to send the original before they shipped a replacement. It was Friday afternoon.

Best case, I wouldn't see the phone until Tuesday. They wouldn't rush it or agree to pay for Saturday delivery even though they send a broken phone. I raced to the FedEx shipping center and got the phones off. It's now Wednesday and I just got an email that a ticket was generated with FedEx and it should ship today. So, all together, I've been without a phone for an entire week and will be waiting at least another day. All because there Quality Control and customer service stinks. This is the worst $175 I've ever spent. So much for peace of mind.

When my daughter's iPhone 6S Plus was stolen, I filed a claim with Assurant on a Friday. I received the replacement phone on Monday. My daughter inserted her SIM card but the phone didn't connect to the T-Mobile network. We called T-Mobile thinking it needed to use the new SIM that came with the phone activated. The representative said it would be on within 2 hours. After 3 hours we called back and we were told 24 hrs. The next day we called back and we were told that the refurbished phone was network blocked because of a fraud investigation with the previous owner of the phone. We were told another 24 hrs. Two days later it still did not work. We went to T-Mobile (thinking it was an issue with T-Mobile fraud department). A rep at the store called Assurant for us and was on the phone for 30 min with someone from Assurant.

The T-Mobile rep said that they didn't seem to know what they were doing. She was told to give another 24 hours. This had already been a week since we received the phone. I have even emailed Assurant. We called Assurant again yesterday (almost 3 weeks since receiving the phone) and we were told that they see the times we have called and the notes on account but nothing was ever submitted to fix the problem. They said give it 2-3 more days. I paid $700 for the original phone plus $175 for the replacement and my daughter still has had no phone for the past 3 weeks. This is unacceptable that Assurant would send out a refurbished phone that has a network block for fraud from the previous owner! I thought that they checked the phones to make sure they are usable when received by the customer? I'm not sure how much longer until the phone is unblocked but it better be soon. I am not very happy and neither is my daughter.

I filed an insurance claim for my iPhone that was ruined after it fell in the toilet. I pay for insurance monthly. I paid a $175 deductible. I received a refurbished phone (instead of a new phone) with terrible battery life. I promptly returned the damaged phone using the prepaid envelope that Assurant provided. T-Mobile is charging me a non-return fee of $316.80 because Assurant said they never received the damaged phone, and there is absolutely nothing I can do. This is a complete scam, people!!! Assurant is up to NO GOOD! And this has obviously happened to numerous people. I will be canceling the insurance on both of our phones moving forward. I will probably leave T-Mobile as well if they continue to use Assurant as their insurance provider. I could have purchased a new phone for the costs I have incurred for a crappy refurbished phone. Can you say FRAUD??

I have never received such horrible service. I purchased a protection plan for my son's tablet. He cracked the screen, barely visible and otherwise operational. It took from mid-February and still ongoing to get this settled. It took 10 days to even get the claim opened. The unit was tracked by FedEx and sat in their department for 8 days for repairs and was only "found" when I called to check on the status of the repair. Their site states 2-3 days. I had to call three times, still never could an answer to when it would be shipped back. 10 days later I received an email stating they were sending a check and not the unit. They "claim" the value of the screen was more than the value of the unit. It can be confirmed by basic industry standards for repair costs that this is not true. The contract states that, "if they are unable to repair, or the value exceeds replacement value, they will send back a refurbished unit of like kind and quality".

When I contacted customer service I was told that replacing it was in fact NOT an option, and that "I was misinterpreting the contract". When I questioned what might have happened to the tablet in the days in the shop that could have created more damage, I was told "nothing happened". But the agent earlier could not even account for where the unit was during this period. The value of the check they are sending will not purchase a replacement tablet. My son will not be able to have his tablet replaced. I paid for a plan and have a contract that is not being honored and no one at Assurant is willing to correct this issue. I feel that I have been victim to bait and switch advertising and failure to fulfill their legal obligations. I am incredibly frustrated and my young son is heartbroken.

I had to call three different times, just to get a clear answer on what was going on with my claim. I've been waiting several days now for a phone that I need to run my business. Very inconvenient for a service I pay monthly. I expect a little more customer service especially when I pay for it. I will be leaving this insurance shortly. I need someone on a phone that doesn't throw me around in circles. After a week of calling, still no answers. Will not recommend to anyone.

This is by far the worst company I have ever worked with. I could write a 50,000 word dissertation crushing this company and their policies but I feel like I've already wasted too much of my life creating this account. So I will simply say stay away from this company! If you have spoken to anyone on the phone for longer than 30 seconds you'll understand exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't believe me just call. This place is not even close to worth your money. You are better off paying $10,000 for a phone outright than throwing your money away to a company who clearly doesn't have their customers best interest at heart.

The process is BS. Their process is so gummed up and frustrating that their own staff can't even follow the steps and they do it every day! I would pay $9,825 extra on top of my deductible if it meant that I could avoid crossing paths with this company. On the bright side, this interaction has inspired me to CANCEL my insurance permanently once I get my phone. I filed this claim today so which means according to them I'll have it in the next business day!! YESS!! O wait, in the real world that means I should have a phone somewhere in JUNE. Thank you Assurant! I can't wait to never use your insurance again and refer every person with a pulse to ANY PLACE but ASSURANT.

Lost phone. Filed a claim. Paid the $175 deductible. No phone, but the $ was pulled from my bank account. I call Assurant, and they tell me that the payment wasn't processed. I am forced to three way with them and my bank and my bank reaffirms that the $ was taken from my account. After having to get a supervisor pulled in, they tell me the only way we can move forward is for me to send them my bank statement showing that the charge went through. They tell me that once this statement is sent in and verified, they would send me my phone. I go ahead and send the statement. Wait a couple days, and still no phone. I call back a few days later, and they tell me that they received the statement, but instead of issuing the phone (LIKE THEY HAD TOLD ME), they tell me that they have issued me a refund to my bank. It has now been 5 days and still no money reimbursed to my bank.

Assurant's grand solution was for me to pay them again so that they could issue me the phone. WHY WOULD I TRUST YOUR COMPANY TO PAY YOU A SECOND TIME? You have dropped the ball on everything that you have said you would do! Every time I have called back, they start off by telling me that it looks like my deductible still has not been received and I lose it. I have to get to a supervisor level, where they are forced to dig into the depths of their obviously horrific and horrible note taking system to see that, "oh look, they did send us the $, as well as send the statement verifying that it was paid," and "OH LOOK, we still haven't done anything to rectify all the mistakes that WE HAVE made." I feel bad for T-Mobile because their customer service has always been good, but they need to lose Assurant, or they will keep losing customers, like this one. I would give them minus zero stars if I could.

I lost my phone and filed a claim that was not approved. The reason my claim was not approved was not told to me, even though I have asked many time. I was given the address to the head office and instructed to write a letter to them. I have been paying $12 a month for phone insurance with the hope that if something happens to my phone I would get a replacement. Now I'm forced to purchased a new phone. I think this is unfair. Why pay insurance if the phone company will not honor it?

Assurant is the WORST. I first filed my claim over a week ago. The person on the phone put my email in incorrectly, so I never received any communication. I also was not able to call back to fix the email issue as their phone line kept automatically rerouting me to an automated message (since my claim was still "processing"). A week later I had to have T-Mobile call them for me and finally had it changed. They approved my claim Friday and had UPS do one day shipping. Unfortunately UPS is equally as terrible and my package has taken over 5 days to arrive. I would never ever ever use this company. I would also recommend not using T-Mobile Jump! As it's a complete waste of time.

Extremely incompetent claims processing and representatives that will have you calling their line every day so they can fix their own issues. Given the value of the refurbished phone + monthly premiums - time and energy spent to make a claim = you're better off NOT buying phone insurance from Assurant/T-mobile. I had been paying $10 a month for insurance on my iPhone 6s Rose Gold for over 18 months when I lost my phone and submitted an online claim on the Assurant website, thinking it'd be an easy fix. Two days later, when I logged back into my account, my claim was simply listed as 'Denied' with no explanation whatsoever. Keeping in mind I had already called Assurant twice before with nasty experiences, I begrudgingly called again to understand what further information was needed for them to approve and process the claim. Again, shot down by Assurant and they told me to call Tmobile...

Fast forward I'm finally on a three-way call with TMo and Assurant - and this time the Assurant rep is somewhat useful and fixes the processing error Assurant made on the backend (I submitted claim for 6S, they reviewed for 6S Plus). 24 hours later, I'm denied once again! I call Tmobile once more to 3-way and the rep (after 36 mins) states the same issue: that they processed the claim for a 6s Plus and not 6S. What in the world?! How badly are their processes that someone on the backend changes what I - the customer - submits on the claim. After these 3 hours of back and forth, a new claim has been submitted after 3 days delay.

I paid my deductible, they incorrectly filled out the FedEx Request form and my phone was lost. They won't give me a loaner. They say they have 10-14 BUSINESS DAYS to find it. They take no accountability. This is the WORST insurance company of all time. Avoid them at all costs. I am subsequently leaving T-Mobile because of this after being with them for 11 years. Assurant screwed me over, and T-Mobile. Screw them. Worst company ever. Do not interact with them.

So this one will kill you guys. For 2 years, I have paid $12/mo for the Galaxy Note 4 (with a $700+ MSRP). It had a problem with the battery and the phone always turning off on me every 10 minutes or so. I let Assurant know about this issue, and they gave me a REFURBISHED Galaxy S7 (which of course I'm upset about, but I get that I completely butt-pounded myself signing that 007 sneaky form stating they're allowed to give me refurbished phones, so I never mentioned it to them). I was also really disappointed they didn't give me a Note 4 or anything of the similarity at the very least, but upon signing on the Google account in the phone settings, I got a notification later in the same email I used to sign in, stating someone has successfully signed into my account from someone on Firefox somewhere in the U.S.

So patient me, I explain to them the issue about the phone being compromised at first use, and I expressed to them that I really take my safety VERY seriously, and the fact that they didn't give me a phone of equal value or functionality as the Note 4, but they insisted their phones were thoroughly checked for any problems and it would be reported if there was one before sending it out to me, and that they're allowed to give me a refurbished phone (not even mentioning the phone being of less value). So this got me really mad, I sent them another message stating "I've never got compromised before, and this is a safety issue that you fail to confirm with me," anything that happens is liable to them, not Google, and again, this phone isn't even of equal value. Again! They stated "They have the right to give me a refurbished phone" when I have not mentioned once about the ToS giving me a refurbished phone, just simply bypassing my question.

Assurant has got to be the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. I place a claim on Saturday and from to Tuesday no one told me they need more information. So Tuesday they told me I needed to resubmit my claim because of an error made by the customer service representative. So now it seems like I just made a claim yesterday. They have to definitely be the worst customer service agency I have ever dealt with, and because of them, it's making me want to switch to services to Verizon Wireless.

I reported my cell phone stolen from my car because I knew I had left it on the center console of my car while I was getting gas. When I got to my final destination I realized it was gone. So I called it in as stolen because I knew exactly where I left it. When I filled out the claim form stupid me worded as missing from my car. So they denied it. T-Mobile and this insurance they offer is a ripoff. They've been stealing my money every month and that's why it's missing. Go to Verizon.

Ordered a replacement phone through my insurance claim and was shipped the wrong phone. It's bad enough the hours a representative is available for phone claims is not readily available but now I have to ship the phone back to Assurant before I can file a claim for the new AGAIN. Their system is terrible as it's a leading cause as to this issue. Their system would not let me file the claim online as I kept receiving an error message after entering my mobile number and email and going through their security checks to ensure I'm not a robot. I am beyond irritated by this company.

I bought my new iPhone by paying in full and through T-Mobile I added Assurant company's insurance to it. When I lost my iPhone the company denied to approve my claim. I keep calling to company and fulfill all requirements. Still my claim has been denied. When I called to customer care they don't even give reason for that. I Will never buy insurance from this company. I lost my iPhone and also wasted my money by paying for the insurance for it.

I got refurbished phones as replacement. My eyes are puffy and my voice is gone because I was on the phone with Assurant and T-Mobile for countless hours being bounced around like a rag doll. I spoke to at least 17 people between 11:30PM and 3:30AM. I was spoken to with sarcasm and disrespect. I had the phone hung up on me on numerous occasions by both T-Mobile and Assurant. T-Mobile reps sounded like they were from the Middle East somewhere and although some of them tried I couldn't understand what they were saying if my life depended on it... and in this case my phone depended on it.

As for Assurant reps they were downright nasty. Each rep promising to help me and nothing resolved, even failing to disclose their name to me. They all sounded like robots repeating the same crap, "I know you're frustrated. I'm so sorry. Let me see how I can help you." It was a load of BS. Basically, this is what happened. I had my phone taken from me in November 2016, I filed a claim. Had it replaced and a brand new phone along with headsets, USB, charger, and earplugs were sent to me. I paid 175.00. I was happy. Unfortunately, a day before Christmas my purse was taken along with everything I just mentioned with the exception of earplugs and the USB; they weren't in my purse.

I filed a new claim on Jan. 29, 2017 expecting to receive the same thing but this time I received a phone filled with scratches on it and no accessories. I was furious and I was told by Assurant it depends on what they have available. I was also told that it was in the policy. There wasn't any policy sent to me. But the Assurant rep expressed that it was online. I was never told to "look at the policy and if there was anything I didn't agree with or understand that it would be explained." The rep expressed that they aren't allowed to tell me about the policy. What sense does that ** make.

I paid the same $175.00 price both times and received different products. I'm still paying for my phone and now it infuriates me to know I'm paying for a refurbished phone. I could've went on Amazon and purchased a refurbished phone. I purchased a brand new phone. These companies are fraudulent and deceitful. I now understand that a replacement phone means just that. It may or may not be what you paid for in my case continue paying for. I can't quite understand this at all. I'm highly upset and I want some type of justice for what they put me through over the phone. I might have to take this to arbitration.

Purchased insurance for cell phone through Sprint. After having phone for 6 months, phone stopped working. Had insurance on phone. Included in payment to Sprint. Told a replacement phone would be sent with packaging to return defective phone. Returned defective phone as instructed. Sprint advised Assurant billed me $200 for the deductible to replace defective phone. This can't be legal. This company has you return a defective cell phone so they can refurbish it, resale it to another customer and you get charged a $200.00 deductible because you received a defective phone from them. Sprint & Assurant profit from you returning their defective product. I would love to have a class action lawsuit filed against Assurant & Sprint. They are in this together. Both profit off the sale of Sprint's defective product.

I contacted T-mobile insurance provider Assurant team. I paid insurance from 12 $ to 14 months and when my device lost I contacted them and as per their requirement filled all the mentioned information and as per their guidance they mentioned to wait 5 business days. After that they mentioned contact by post mail to there given the web address and nothing mentioned. Assurant, Inc. 676 E. Swedesford Road Suite 300 Wayne, PA 19087. And I requested letter but they replied after 2 months and not helpful... The baddest company. No one helped me out and their policy document also wrong. Assurant Inc is cheater company. And they are cheating simple small customers like me. Please help like this and make some law to help customer on these situation.

Assurant Solutions did not help me at all. I have been paying for phone insurance for years but they decided they cannot help me just days after losing my phone in the airport. Their Customer Service has left me furious. They were rude, disrespectful and even hung up on me. They failed to do their job and I will NEVER give them my services again. This company is trash I advise you to not use if you have the option. They will steal your money without even giving you a clear explanation. Take your money elsewhere or don’t buy phone insurance. With the money I spent on insurance these past two years I should have just saved up and bought a new iPhone but now I am phoneless and out hundreds!!!

T-Mobile automatically deducted 209 dollars from my account without my authorization. As per T-Mobile it was to pay for the replacement phone that I mailed late. I tried reasoning with the T-Mobile representative that I had not authorized the deduction from my bank account. Their response was that they had started the process and I would receive a text stating they had returned the money to the account. Two weeks later I call back again. The second time they stated that they did not have any information about my phone and that it will take them 10 days to find out if the warehouse received it.

I called back 10 days later and T-Mobile representative connected me with the Assurant representative. The Assurant representative stated that they had the phone but it will take another 1 to 2 months to process the claim and return my money to the bank. I inquired if T-Mobile and Assurant were paying interest in the money that they were keeping for 3 months. Because if you multiply 3 months for thousands of customers, it is thousands of dollars that they are using without paying any interest. Basically, they are getting free loans from the customers and they do not even have to report it. This is called blatant fraud!!! Thieves!! Of course I am changing companies. I do not want to be a source of free money for these companies.

Expert Review

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.    More about Rosemary→

Assurant Phone Insurance offers phone and tablet insurance through providers in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Brazil, Argentina and Italy. It offers a wide range of plans that cover device protection, data restoration and technical support.

• Replacement services: Assurant offers replacement in the event of loss, theft, accidental damage or mechanical breakdown. These services are especially useful if your mobile device’s warranty has expired.
  • Pocket Geek: Select Assurant policies include Pocket Geek, an app for your mobile phone which allows you to troubleshoot, monitor device performance and even wipe the device in case of theft.
  • Lookout Mobile Security: Assurant pairs with Lookout Mobile Security, which protects your phone from outside threats like malware and spyware.
  • Data protection: Assurant allows you to backup 100 GB of data, allowing you access to your important information even in the event of theft or loss.
  • Global provider options: Assurant pairs with U.S. Cellular, T-Mobile and Bluegrass Cellular in the United States, Claro Up in Brazil, Movistar in Argentina, TIM in Italy and T-Mobile in Puerto Rico.
  • Best for mobile phone owners with expired warranties.

Compare Electronics Extended Warranties