ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.38/5
Based on 3,349 ratings submitted in the last year

Assurant helps millions of people all around the world keep their tech devices connected and protected. From cracked screens to water damage, theft or loss, our coverage protects against the unexpected. Our customer service teams are available day and night, via call, click or chat, and replacement devices arrive in as little as 24 hours. Plus, our premium tech support helps with new device set up, troubleshooting issues, activating smart home features and more. We’re in the peace-of-mind business, helping our customers keep their lives running smoothly every step of the way.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Assurant Phone Insurance Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

The first time we were on a trip and the phone was lost then we just replaced it again because I had a fall and my son ran to help me and the phone dropped and broke the screen... Man it was a mess. Thank you for ins. on the replacement. So easy and pleasant to deal with. Love my kids. We all do something goofy and need to protect our things from us.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

It can happen to anyone, kids and adults alike!

Get expert buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I was a little apprehensive when I went into Xfinity Comcast, to tell them my phone wouldn't come back on, it only vibrated every minute or so. The gentleman at Xfinity, got Assurant on the phone, their website was down at that time because of the storm. Anyway, when I talked with the Lady over the phone was very pleasant, and put me at ease right away. She said she'd already put in the order since I was approved, and I would receive my new phone in just a couple of days. As promised, the phone came just three days later. I was able to package up my damaged phone, and send it back the very same day. They made my experience with their company, the most pleasant that I've dealt with in a very long time.

I've given them five stars, but truly, if there vfc were ten times as many more stars, I would have given them all to them. I will definitely recommend their service to everyone...I am extremely pleased, which is a difficult thing; I find more and more Companies, doing away with Customer Service. The young lady who helped me, gave me hope. She showed me, there still are Companies who do the right thing, without making you feel as if, you've done something wrong. She also gave me hope for the younger generation, with all the B.S. in our Nation today, she showed me that there still are, people who actually care. Great Job! Thank you so much, it is very much, appreciated.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

So glad to hear we could exceed your expectations, David!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I have made the call 9/19/19 to file a claim. I received device 9/23/19. Except the small delay waiting for the replacement device I have to say I was completely satisfied. Filing a claim was pretty easy and painless. Not at all what I was expecting. I did have to fill details online after paying for it but I understand that you must have documentation from us. I was very happy you lowered the deductible payment which was too much before. It used to be $150 but now you charged me $99 that seems fair since we had an older model. This was my son’s line.

Also you must been out of stock for his device the galaxy S7; but you sent a better phone, you sent a replacement for the galaxy S8. I appreciate that initiative a lot. He was overall happy. My son is away in college so it took a while to get broken device from him. I still returned the broken device within the 10 day required. So I also appreciate the 10 day flexibility because that also helped us with ample time to get everything squared away. I returned broken device on 10/2/2019. Thanks to all of you for the amazing service you are providing us. I can’t thank you enough. I never been happy to file a claim before but this time you made it all worthwhile. Thank you!!

-Djanane

Assurant Phone Insurance response

We are glad that we had you covered and thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I’m SO glad I opted in for the insurance plan with Metro PCS. I lost my phone last week and it was an iPhone 6plus. I called Assurant immediately to blacklist my phone and to get a replacement. My deductible was $200, which I thought was pretty high... UNTIL THEY SENT ME MY REPLACEMENT! Let me add that they sent my phone for free overnight, but I made my claim on a Saturday, so it would’ve been sent out on Monday for Tuesday delivery. Well turns out that there was a delivery exception because of some floods in Texas, still not Assurant's fault. But the whole process was quick, easy and hassle free. I was even impressed by their voice activated services because the robot got my answers correct each and every time! I usually get so frustrated with those voice robots but this one was quite calming to my nerves.

So, I go my replacement and it was a BEAUTIFUL IPHONE 8 PLUS!! Yup, an 8plus!!! I couldn’t believe it. It was a nice rose gold cream color with a glass back, just gorgeous!!! I can tell it was refurbished because it wasn’t in the box, but it was flawless... I just wish it came with the earphones because I don’t have any earphones to fit the audio jack on the 8... with my 6 it was just a normal headphone input. Overall I’m very impressed with the whole experience and customer service. I’m a very satisfied customer.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I'm a plumber and was called to Wet n Wild water park early one morning to repair some backflow devices on soft drink machines before the park opened. I was working alone, or so I thought, in one of greasy spoon restaurants they have at this filthy, stinking, ** water park, with my phone playing my favorite music, when I realized I needed more parts for this repair. I paused the music and went to the truck for parts, gone for no more than 5 minutes. When I returned, my phone was gone. I searched everywhere. My truck, my tool box, lost and found. Nothing. One of the thieving little ** working there watched me leave and came in behind me and stole my phone. Management didn't do **, essentially saying "tough **. Not our problem."

So I filed a police report, went to TMOBILE to have the phone turned off and locked out, basically making it worthless. Then, TMOBILE helped me file a loss claim. My claim was approved while I was standing there!! They were fast, courteous, and completely understanding of my position. They said I would have my phone in 2 days, due to it being the 4th of July holiday. And they were not kidding!! My phone arrived on Saturday. TMOBILE helped set my new phone up and get me back to work again. Thank You Assurant!! I'll NEVER be without Assurant on my phone!!

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Thank you for your review, Jerry. We are glad that we had you covered!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Phone Insurance?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I was mortified when my phone got damaged! I decided to file my claim through Assurant. It was quick and easy. I received my replacement device in about two days. Much faster than expected. I'm back in business! Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

Was very fast and great customer service. Everything was correct and satisfying with the service and with the phone. Great company, great and clear instructions to do this claim. And the shipping was very fast.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

As always Assurant made it very easy to file a claim and very fast getting my replacement device to me, in excellent condition the day after my claim was approved. Everyone who I spoke with throughout the process was very friendly!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I would say giving people more time to mail back the item would be necessary. My phone was still functioning but the screen was not displaying. So I couldn't transfer my data nor could I delete anything from it and having a month would have given me more time to alleviate this concerning issue. I have no idea if my information will be taken from the damaged phone or not and that is very concerning as an American citizen.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I had lost my phone and filed a claim. Got it taken care of with no problem. Would recommend this service to anyone. It's way better to pay a fraction of the cost of a phone to get it replaced than to pay full price. Sometimes you need insurance sometimes you don't but it's nice to have it when needed.

Assurant Phone Insurance expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Assurant Phone Insurance offers phone and tablet insurance through providers in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Brazil, Argentina and Italy. It offers a wide range of plans that cover device protection, data restoration and technical support.

• Replacement services: Assurant offers replacement in the event of loss, theft, accidental damage or mechanical breakdown. These services are especially useful if your mobile device’s warranty has expired.

• Pocket Geek: Select Assurant policies include Pocket Geek, an app for your mobile phone which allows you to troubleshoot, monitor device performance and even wipe the device in case of theft.

• Lookout Mobile Security: Assurant pairs with Lookout Mobile Security, which protects your phone from outside threats like malware and spyware.

• Data protection: Assurant allows you to backup 100 GB of data, allowing you access to your important information even in the event of theft or loss.

• Global provider options: Assurant pairs with U.S. Cellular, T-Mobile and Bluegrass Cellular in the United States, Claro Up in Brazil, Movistar in Argentina, TIM in Italy and T-Mobile in Puerto Rico.

• Best for: mobile phone owners with expired warranties.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Assurant Phone Insurance Company Information