Assurant Phone Insurance

Compare Electronics Extended Warranties

Research top Electronics Extended Warranties recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I filed an insurance claim for my iPhone that was ruined after it fell in the toilet. I pay for insurance monthly. I paid a $175 deductible. I received a refurbished phone (instead of a new phone) with terrible battery life. I promptly returned the damaged phone using the prepaid envelope that Assurant provided. T-Mobile is charging me a non-return fee of $316.80 because Assurant said they never received the damaged phone, and there is absolutely nothing I can do. This is a complete scam, people!!! Assurant is up to NO GOOD! And this has obviously happened to numerous people. I will be canceling the insurance on both of our phones moving forward. I will probably leave T-Mobile as well if they continue to use Assurant as their insurance provider. I could have purchased a new phone for the costs I have incurred for a crappy refurbished phone. Can you say FRAUD??

I have never received such horrible service. I purchased a protection plan for my son's tablet. He cracked the screen, barely visible and otherwise operational. It took from mid-February and still ongoing to get this settled. It took 10 days to even get the claim opened. The unit was tracked by FedEx and sat in their department for 8 days for repairs and was only "found" when I called to check on the status of the repair. Their site states 2-3 days. I had to call three times, still never could an answer to when it would be shipped back. 10 days later I received an email stating they were sending a check and not the unit. They "claim" the value of the screen was more than the value of the unit. It can be confirmed by basic industry standards for repair costs that this is not true. The contract states that, "if they are unable to repair, or the value exceeds replacement value, they will send back a refurbished unit of like kind and quality".

When I contacted customer service I was told that replacing it was in fact NOT an option, and that "I was misinterpreting the contract". When I questioned what might have happened to the tablet in the days in the shop that could have created more damage, I was told "nothing happened". But the agent earlier could not even account for where the unit was during this period. The value of the check they are sending will not purchase a replacement tablet. My son will not be able to have his tablet replaced. I paid for a plan and have a contract that is not being honored and no one at Assurant is willing to correct this issue. I feel that I have been victim to bait and switch advertising and failure to fulfill their legal obligations. I am incredibly frustrated and my young son is heartbroken.

I had to call three different times, just to get a clear answer on what was going on with my claim. I've been waiting several days now for a phone that I need to run my business. Very inconvenient for a service I pay monthly. I expect a little more customer service especially when I pay for it. I will be leaving this insurance shortly. I need someone on a phone that doesn't throw me around in circles. After a week of calling, still no answers. Will not recommend to anyone.

This is by far the worst company I have ever worked with. I could write a 50,000 word dissertation crushing this company and their policies but I feel like I've already wasted too much of my life creating this account. So I will simply say stay away from this company! If you have spoken to anyone on the phone for longer than 30 seconds you'll understand exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't believe me just call. This place is not even close to worth your money. You are better off paying $10,000 for a phone outright than throwing your money away to a company who clearly doesn't have their customers best interest at heart.

The process is BS. Their process is so gummed up and frustrating that their own staff can't even follow the steps and they do it every day! I would pay $9,825 extra on top of my deductible if it meant that I could avoid crossing paths with this company. On the bright side, this interaction has inspired me to CANCEL my insurance permanently once I get my phone. I filed this claim today so which means according to them I'll have it in the next business day!! YESS!! O wait, in the real world that means I should have a phone somewhere in JUNE. Thank you Assurant! I can't wait to never use your insurance again and refer every person with a pulse to ANY PLACE but ASSURANT.

Lost phone. Filed a claim. Paid the $175 deductible. No phone, but the $ was pulled from my bank account. I call Assurant, and they tell me that the payment wasn't processed. I am forced to three way with them and my bank and my bank reaffirms that the $ was taken from my account. After having to get a supervisor pulled in, they tell me the only way we can move forward is for me to send them my bank statement showing that the charge went through. They tell me that once this statement is sent in and verified, they would send me my phone. I go ahead and send the statement. Wait a couple days, and still no phone. I call back a few days later, and they tell me that they received the statement, but instead of issuing the phone (LIKE THEY HAD TOLD ME), they tell me that they have issued me a refund to my bank. It has now been 5 days and still no money reimbursed to my bank.

Assurant's grand solution was for me to pay them again so that they could issue me the phone. WHY WOULD I TRUST YOUR COMPANY TO PAY YOU A SECOND TIME? You have dropped the ball on everything that you have said you would do! Every time I have called back, they start off by telling me that it looks like my deductible still has not been received and I lose it. I have to get to a supervisor level, where they are forced to dig into the depths of their obviously horrific and horrible note taking system to see that, "oh look, they did send us the $, as well as send the statement verifying that it was paid," and "OH LOOK, we still haven't done anything to rectify all the mistakes that WE HAVE made." I feel bad for T-Mobile because their customer service has always been good, but they need to lose Assurant, or they will keep losing customers, like this one. I would give them minus zero stars if I could.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Phone Insurance?

I lost my phone and filed a claim that was not approved. The reason my claim was not approved was not told to me, even though I have asked many time. I was given the address to the head office and instructed to write a letter to them. I have been paying $12 a month for phone insurance with the hope that if something happens to my phone I would get a replacement. Now I'm forced to purchased a new phone. I think this is unfair. Why pay insurance if the phone company will not honor it?

Assurant is the WORST. I first filed my claim over a week ago. The person on the phone put my email in incorrectly, so I never received any communication. I also was not able to call back to fix the email issue as their phone line kept automatically rerouting me to an automated message (since my claim was still "processing"). A week later I had to have T-Mobile call them for me and finally had it changed. They approved my claim Friday and had UPS do one day shipping. Unfortunately UPS is equally as terrible and my package has taken over 5 days to arrive. I would never ever ever use this company. I would also recommend not using T-Mobile Jump! As it's a complete waste of time.

Extremely incompetent claims processing and representatives that will have you calling their line every day so they can fix their own issues. Given the value of the refurbished phone + monthly premiums - time and energy spent to make a claim = you're better off NOT buying phone insurance from Assurant/T-mobile. I had been paying $10 a month for insurance on my iPhone 6s Rose Gold for over 18 months when I lost my phone and submitted an online claim on the Assurant website, thinking it'd be an easy fix. Two days later, when I logged back into my account, my claim was simply listed as 'Denied' with no explanation whatsoever. Keeping in mind I had already called Assurant twice before with nasty experiences, I begrudgingly called again to understand what further information was needed for them to approve and process the claim. Again, shot down by Assurant and they told me to call Tmobile...

Fast forward I'm finally on a three-way call with TMo and Assurant - and this time the Assurant rep is somewhat useful and fixes the processing error Assurant made on the backend (I submitted claim for 6S, they reviewed for 6S Plus). 24 hours later, I'm denied once again! I call Tmobile once more to 3-way and the rep (after 36 mins) states the same issue: that they processed the claim for a 6s Plus and not 6S. What in the world?! How badly are their processes that someone on the backend changes what I - the customer - submits on the claim. After these 3 hours of back and forth, a new claim has been submitted after 3 days delay.

I paid my deductible, they incorrectly filled out the FedEx Request form and my phone was lost. They won't give me a loaner. They say they have 10-14 BUSINESS DAYS to find it. They take no accountability. This is the WORST insurance company of all time. Avoid them at all costs. I am subsequently leaving T-Mobile because of this after being with them for 11 years. Assurant screwed me over, and T-Mobile. Screw them. Worst company ever. Do not interact with them.

So this one will kill you guys. For 2 years, I have paid $12/mo for the Galaxy Note 4 (with a $700+ MSRP). It had a problem with the battery and the phone always turning off on me every 10 minutes or so. I let Assurant know about this issue, and they gave me a REFURBISHED Galaxy S7 (which of course I'm upset about, but I get that I completely butt-pounded myself signing that 007 sneaky form stating they're allowed to give me refurbished phones, so I never mentioned it to them). I was also really disappointed they didn't give me a Note 4 or anything of the similarity at the very least, but upon signing on the Google account in the phone settings, I got a notification later in the same email I used to sign in, stating someone has successfully signed into my account from someone on Firefox somewhere in the U.S.

So patient me, I explain to them the issue about the phone being compromised at first use, and I expressed to them that I really take my safety VERY seriously, and the fact that they didn't give me a phone of equal value or functionality as the Note 4, but they insisted their phones were thoroughly checked for any problems and it would be reported if there was one before sending it out to me, and that they're allowed to give me a refurbished phone (not even mentioning the phone being of less value). So this got me really mad, I sent them another message stating "I've never got compromised before, and this is a safety issue that you fail to confirm with me," anything that happens is liable to them, not Google, and again, this phone isn't even of equal value. Again! They stated "They have the right to give me a refurbished phone" when I have not mentioned once about the ToS giving me a refurbished phone, just simply bypassing my question.

Assurant has got to be the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. I place a claim on Saturday and from to Tuesday no one told me they need more information. So Tuesday they told me I needed to resubmit my claim because of an error made by the customer service representative. So now it seems like I just made a claim yesterday. They have to definitely be the worst customer service agency I have ever dealt with, and because of them, it's making me want to switch to services to Verizon Wireless.

I reported my cell phone stolen from my car because I knew I had left it on the center console of my car while I was getting gas. When I got to my final destination I realized it was gone. So I called it in as stolen because I knew exactly where I left it. When I filled out the claim form stupid me worded as missing from my car. So they denied it. T-Mobile and this insurance they offer is a ripoff. They've been stealing my money every month and that's why it's missing. Go to Verizon.

Ordered a replacement phone through my insurance claim and was shipped the wrong phone. It's bad enough the hours a representative is available for phone claims is not readily available but now I have to ship the phone back to Assurant before I can file a claim for the new AGAIN. Their system is terrible as it's a leading cause as to this issue. Their system would not let me file the claim online as I kept receiving an error message after entering my mobile number and email and going through their security checks to ensure I'm not a robot. I am beyond irritated by this company.

I bought my new iPhone by paying in full and through T-Mobile I added Assurant company's insurance to it. When I lost my iPhone the company denied to approve my claim. I keep calling to company and fulfill all requirements. Still my claim has been denied. When I called to customer care they don't even give reason for that. I Will never buy insurance from this company. I lost my iPhone and also wasted my money by paying for the insurance for it.

I got refurbished phones as replacement. My eyes are puffy and my voice is gone because I was on the phone with Assurant and T-Mobile for countless hours being bounced around like a rag doll. I spoke to at least 17 people between 11:30PM and 3:30AM. I was spoken to with sarcasm and disrespect. I had the phone hung up on me on numerous occasions by both T-Mobile and Assurant. T-Mobile reps sounded like they were from the Middle East somewhere and although some of them tried I couldn't understand what they were saying if my life depended on it... and in this case my phone depended on it.

As for Assurant reps they were downright nasty. Each rep promising to help me and nothing resolved, even failing to disclose their name to me. They all sounded like robots repeating the same crap, "I know you're frustrated. I'm so sorry. Let me see how I can help you." It was a load of BS. Basically, this is what happened. I had my phone taken from me in November 2016, I filed a claim. Had it replaced and a brand new phone along with headsets, USB, charger, and earplugs were sent to me. I paid 175.00. I was happy. Unfortunately, a day before Christmas my purse was taken along with everything I just mentioned with the exception of earplugs and the USB; they weren't in my purse.

I filed a new claim on Jan. 29, 2017 expecting to receive the same thing but this time I received a phone filled with scratches on it and no accessories. I was furious and I was told by Assurant it depends on what they have available. I was also told that it was in the policy. There wasn't any policy sent to me. But the Assurant rep expressed that it was online. I was never told to "look at the policy and if there was anything I didn't agree with or understand that it would be explained." The rep expressed that they aren't allowed to tell me about the policy. What sense does that ** make.

I paid the same $175.00 price both times and received different products. I'm still paying for my phone and now it infuriates me to know I'm paying for a refurbished phone. I could've went on Amazon and purchased a refurbished phone. I purchased a brand new phone. These companies are fraudulent and deceitful. I now understand that a replacement phone means just that. It may or may not be what you paid for in my case continue paying for. I can't quite understand this at all. I'm highly upset and I want some type of justice for what they put me through over the phone. I might have to take this to arbitration.

Purchased insurance for cell phone through Sprint. After having phone for 6 months, phone stopped working. Had insurance on phone. Included in payment to Sprint. Told a replacement phone would be sent with packaging to return defective phone. Returned defective phone as instructed. Sprint advised Assurant billed me $200 for the deductible to replace defective phone. This can't be legal. This company has you return a defective cell phone so they can refurbish it, resale it to another customer and you get charged a $200.00 deductible because you received a defective phone from them. Sprint & Assurant profit from you returning their defective product. I would love to have a class action lawsuit filed against Assurant & Sprint. They are in this together. Both profit off the sale of Sprint's defective product.

I contacted T-mobile insurance provider Assurant team. I paid insurance from 12 $ to 14 months and when my device lost I contacted them and as per their requirement filled all the mentioned information and as per their guidance they mentioned to wait 5 business days. After that they mentioned contact by post mail to there given the web address and nothing mentioned. Assurant, Inc. 676 E. Swedesford Road Suite 300 Wayne, PA 19087. And I requested letter but they replied after 2 months and not helpful... The baddest company. No one helped me out and their policy document also wrong. Assurant Inc is cheater company. And they are cheating simple small customers like me. Please help like this and make some law to help customer on these situation.

Assurant Solutions did not help me at all. I have been paying for phone insurance for years but they decided they cannot help me just days after losing my phone in the airport. Their Customer Service has left me furious. They were rude, disrespectful and even hung up on me. They failed to do their job and I will NEVER give them my services again. This company is trash I advise you to not use if you have the option. They will steal your money without even giving you a clear explanation. Take your money elsewhere or don’t buy phone insurance. With the money I spent on insurance these past two years I should have just saved up and bought a new iPhone but now I am phoneless and out hundreds!!!

T-Mobile automatically deducted 209 dollars from my account without my authorization. As per T-Mobile it was to pay for the replacement phone that I mailed late. I tried reasoning with the T-Mobile representative that I had not authorized the deduction from my bank account. Their response was that they had started the process and I would receive a text stating they had returned the money to the account. Two weeks later I call back again. The second time they stated that they did not have any information about my phone and that it will take them 10 days to find out if the warehouse received it.

I called back 10 days later and T-Mobile representative connected me with the Assurant representative. The Assurant representative stated that they had the phone but it will take another 1 to 2 months to process the claim and return my money to the bank. I inquired if T-Mobile and Assurant were paying interest in the money that they were keeping for 3 months. Because if you multiply 3 months for thousands of customers, it is thousands of dollars that they are using without paying any interest. Basically, they are getting free loans from the customers and they do not even have to report it. This is called blatant fraud!!! Thieves!! Of course I am changing companies. I do not want to be a source of free money for these companies.

I've never had good experience with Assurant Solutions. I usually get a phone that doesn't work and needs to be returned again only to have to get another phone that doesn't work as well. A couple times it's taken a long time to receive my phone, and they aren't very good with communication. It's more frustrating to deal with them, than with a broken phone.

I have always had the insurance on my phone, I have a 16-year old, and a sick mom in California and I need to keep in contact with them. When my son's phone was stolen or lost (not sure which) my relationship with Assurant went downhill. Keep in mind I have 4 phones that I pay $15 a month per line and a 175 deductible. Basically over the two-year life of the phone I have paid for it several times.

So upon reporting my son's phone to the customer service women (she absolutely horrible) I was told it would take 10 business days to investigate because supposedly someone had already filed a claim on the phone. She wouldn't give me details or explain anything to me just that it would take two weeks over Christmas and new years to investigate. So my son had no phone to call his family over the Christmas break. I even had a T-mobile rep call with me and the same women (they must only have one) was rude to him. I have been a T-Mobile customer for almost 20 years and the T-Mobile rep was trying to help me figure out what was going on.

So I waited, with my son in California for Christmas and no phone to communicate, the two weeks. Over that time I sent a couple of e-mail all three which were answered incorrectly by someone who must not have actually read my emails. One email sent to me said my phone was shipped out a week before it was even missing with a tracking number???

Anyway after two weeks I call back and I am told I have to refill out a firm because I didn't state lost instead of stolen on the form they had me fill out. When I called to claim it originally I said to the same women I talked to today it was lost or stole but I didn't know what happened because it occurred during a basketball tournament my son was playing in. So I had to refill out the form. At the point I asked to speak to a supervisor, after which I was on hold for over an hour (they were hoping I'd get tired and hang up). Which I did but I still had questions. Why was it taking so long? Am I going to get my phone? What was the problem? Did I fill out the form correctly this time? So while on hold I emailed them about the hour I was on hold. Let's see what stupid thing they are going to do next.

After paying Insurance on my iPhone for 1 year. My phone had a small crack that happen back in August. I reported it to T-mobile. They said I didn't have to do nothing because I wasn't requesting a new phone. Finally the phone goes out. I try to make a claim. They denied saying it's too old to file a claim. I was transfer 3 times. On hold for over a hour before the manager who got on the phone was even more rude. Service horrible. Felt like I wasted my money for a year.

ASSurant is their name -- WORST SERVICE EVER! This company is TERRIBLE! They won't guarantee that I will get my same color of phone back, and I'm almost positive I will get some janky refurbished phone back. I called T-Mobile and told them to partner with ANY other phone insurance company in the world rather than ASSurant -- they are the worst!!! I had to choose 1 star for the review, but I wish there was a negative star choice. RIPOFF!

I am partner in a large business with 5 premises around Kent. We have 8 phones around the shops and on-road staff. These phones have been purchased through Vodafone and the contract quite clearly states who has authorisation to amend any of the contracts. We purchased 'Vodafone rapid care' to receive lost or broken phones within 4 hours! Brilliant idea, shame Assurant take 3 days to anything and never get back to you, ££££s of business lost. Assurant refuse to change any contract until the main owner gives authorisation. The owner who has never withdrawn or purchased a phone himself, it has always been the department heads.

I have paperwork stating that there are 4 heads of department that can change these contracts. Assurant won't allow more than one authorised person it seems, if you are a business (2people+) do not do business with them. Assurant won't help or try to find what's wrong, they keep pointing fingers at Vodafone and telling me to go instore, which is hard for someone who works 6 days a week. Insurance Companies aren't there to help, they are they not to pay and find the loopholes in their own contracts. Slimiest People alive. Unfortunately the only way this people work is if you report it to Ombudsman Service. It's a shame they lack any decency to help, if they have your money in their pocket.

I put a claim in on a phone I had lost which I found later. They told me just to return the new phone and I would get a refund. I been calling for a month now and they keep giving me the runaround. Says my bank got the money on Nov 23 but when I call my bank there is no money. Supervisor was super rude and nasty to me and now on Dec 12 I still don't have my refund. They basically robbed me.

I've had this insurance for over 5 yrs. My phone wouldn't load past the LG screen. Filed claim 3 times, every time they denied it. In the end, I had to call T-Mobile to get them to accept my claim. It has been so long since I had used my phone, T-Mobile refunded my last month bill. Now, it's been 3 days still no phone. DO NOT USE ASSURANT. This company will have you feeling like you're being taken advantage of!!!

I WILL BE CANCELING as soon as I get my replacement phone. I'm better off taking my broken phone to T-mobile pay $250 and get a new one, instead of paying Assurant $175 plus $10 a month to run me around for month, denying my claim, making me call my phone company to get Assurant to do what I pay them for. Its ridiculous, they're making millions off of us without providing us with basic reasonable service because they think we have no choice. GOOGLE phone insurance companies, THERE ARE COMPANIES that offer BETTER SERVICE WITH COMPARABLE PRICES.

I went through Assurant in order to put a claim on my missing phone. The turnaround took 3 days for me to receive the device. The phone received was in a terrible condition (dings and scratches everywhere). It literally looked like someone else send it back and they just shipped over to me. However the case, when asked to send me another one they were kind enough to say Yes. The problem lies with the fact that I have to send the old one back, and they have to make sure its on the way, prior to them sending me the other one. This would leave me without a phone for a whole week and even more depending on the quality of the new device (not much faith at this point). Even though I offered to put a cc on file they were not interested. After a few supervisors they just put me to someone's voice mail and never got a callback. I have been paying warranty for 2 years ($12.00 monthly) and a deductible of ($175.00). Its truly not worth it.

Assurant, after MANY, MANY calls to get my claim resolved, continues to tell me that my claim is being rejected because they don't have my IMEI number. Hello, it is on the back of my iPhone 7 Plus box that YOU say you have a picture of and that I sent to you 3 different pictures and angles, and I have told you numerous times is right on the picture that you say you have. I have sent them HIGH DEF pics of EVERYTHING they need. Now they say they can't read the number because it's blurry. Per their request, I sent it to my own email AND my finances email and even SHE can see it plain as day. OMG these people are killing me. I am going to be extremely upset if I keep getting the run around and don't get my refund. I paid my insurance. I want my check. Crazy, even this Louis guy who was so nice said he was putting it thru because he said he had what they needed two days ago. T-Mobile or Assurant, please resolve this.

I purchased two phones from Gazelle and Assurant policies for them through Gazelle's website back in October (6th and 13th). I had to return them (wrong phone/defective) and got my money back from Gazelle - no problem. Assurant, however, assured me that they would send me checks and they would arrive at about 14 business days. It is now almost DECEMBER and I still haven't received my refunds! I keep calling and they said they are reaching out to accounting and that they will try to call me back. I've heard them say this multiple times with NO call backs. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS! They do NOT intend to EVER refund you for anything!

In fact, I am on the phone with them again right now being told that they cannot determine if a check had been issued and they are trying to contact the appropriate dept. to see if a check was ever issued. They keep telling me I must have thrown the check away or my address is incorrect (even though I have verified the correct address countless time)! Now they want to reach out to "data entry" and "get them involved" before they can issue a check. These people take your money and then tell you it must be a mistake on your part. DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE EVER!

Today 11/21/16 I called Assurant to make a claim because the screen on my phone started freezing. After filing the claim I was told I was not approved. Why? 2 claims per 12 months I was told. Okay. I had a claim 11/1/15 and 6/4/16 but it's been 12 months since the first claim so I do qualify. Yes but No. Here's the loophole that led to the dead end and a now non-functional phone even though I paid Assurant faithfully for over 5 years. While speaking to the rep I was asked when the damaged occurred? I replied my phone sustained a small crack around 9/19/16 but has been fully operable until today. So to railroad me the rep put 9/19/16 as the claim date instead of 11/21/16 (actually claim date) which put me over the limit for claims.

Honestly had I known they would scam me I would have never mention September because it was irrelevant to what I was experiencing in November, but not for Assurant. It was a loophole to not take care of a loyal customer. I spoke to several reps and supervisors over a 2 1/2 - 3 hour period. Every call and transfer led to a dead end. I'm sorely displeased, disappointed and feel cheated by an insurance company I once trusted to secure my personal property. Very frustrating and hurtful situation.

Assurant Phone Insurance Company Profile