Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5
Based on 5,990 ratings submitted in the last year

Assurant helps millions of people all around the world keep their tech devices connected and protected. From cracked screens to water damage, theft or loss, our coverage protects against the unexpected. Our customer service teams are available day and night, via call, click or chat, and replacement devices arrive in as little as 24 hours. Plus, our premium tech support helps with new device set up, troubleshooting issues, activating smart home features and more. We’re in the peace-of-mind business, helping our customers keep their lives running smoothly every step of the way.

Assurant Phone Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Phone Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Phone Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I'm so thankful I have insurance. I have not been lucky with my Note 8 and have had it warranty replaced several times. The issues I had with previous phones are stop working in Gear VR, glitchy screen and charging cord easily falls out. The last time was the first time screen cracked in three years. My phone fell out of bike phone holder. I was super excited when I opened up replacement phone for my broken Samsung Galaxy Note 8 64GB and found a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 256GB in the package.

As soon as I took phone out, I was welcomed with some disappointment. I did not like the hole punch in the screen. I find it distracting. When you go into full screen in apps like YouTube and Disney + the hole punch is distracting. For YouTubers like MKBHD part of the hole punch is seen even when not in full screen. Netflix and Hulu designed app not to go in hole punch area, so kudos to them for that.

When I went to install new sim card I was disappointing that there was no slot for a MicroSD card. My 256GB MicroSD cards are useless now. At least Note 10 has 256GB memory on board. Note 10 has a lower max resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels vs. Note 8 2960 x 1440 pixels. My Gear VR is useless now since it does not work with Note 10. I used to love using it to watch movies in virtual movie theaters. The apps I purchased on it can't be used too. I need a new phone case.

With all those cons, I'm still happy with phone upgrade. Amoled screen looks beautiful on Note 10 and looks better side by side with Note 8. The screen to body ration on the phone is really nice and has impressed people that have seen it. I love the wider camera on the phone. I no longer need to step back to fit an object or people in a photo. If you have a kid you'll be thankful to have it too. I know so many people with kids that cracked their phone or their parents phones. Thank you Assurant. I highly recommend getting insurance on your expensive smart phone. If they no longer make your phone, you might get a free upgrade. Or is it downgrade?

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Thank you for the 5-star rating! Happy we were able to help.

Get buying tips about Electronics Extended Warranties delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Very happy with response time time and ease of replacement of my phone. Thank you, but the phone you sent me has a issue with speaker, I noticed it right away but could not do anything cause 4th July weekend, phone crackles when you plug in to charge at times. And I can hardly hear anybody when I talk to them, speaker phone is a little better to hear, so I took phone to US Cellular and they messed with it and cleaned it and my case, seem to be fine, I left store and got phone call and same thing again with phone, called Assurant to report bad phone. Talked to George and he was very courteous with my claim, then he told me he would send me a label but no replacement phone, told me when I get label to send phone and call them when I send phone and then you would send me phone. (What the hell!)

I explained to him this is my only phone. I don't have land line, now I will be without a phone!!!! What a inconvenience! I rely on this phone for communication with the contractors who are working on my home and for work, am not happy at all about this, this phone never should have been sent out to a customer, you should have sent me phone just like original claim and I send this one back to you in return pack as before! Major inconvenience! Dissatisfied customer, still have not got return label,

Assurant Phone Insurance response

We are sorry to hear about the issues with the replacement. If you'd like us to have a representative contact you directly to address your concerns, please send a private message with your best contact number so that we can have a representative review and contact you directly.

Original review: April 3, 2020

A few issues and positives. Positives first. Assurant customer service is ALWAYS very nice human competent people to deal with. They are precise and get the job done correctly. They are as a whole, great people whole to deal with. Assurant has made a great move in its hiring process. I am not too keen with the high cost of replacing my device. Paying $49.00 for an insurance claim on a device that's not valued over $120.00, is exorbitant. Especially since that wasnt the initial cost. Its tier system for pricing changed the second month I had the device. When I got it the insurance replacement was at tier 1. It jumped to tier 2 and went from around $9 to $49.

Next issue. This recent claim was because I dropped my phone and the screen broke. I couldnt use it.Then the phone eventually died and never turned back on.so I replaced it. Now this new phone has mysteriously broken in an almost like fashion. Only this time I caused no damage. The phone had some electrical issues but I was unable to get to calling about it due to this quarantine. I had it less than a month and last week, the screen shattered. Still keeps fragmenting. I get little cuts. Phone works cause I'm writing this on it. But it's very odd for two phones to break at the exact same place. Top left corner shattering across and then along the right edge to the bottom. With no impact or drop this time.

Am I going to have to spend $50 more for a phone that I will be paying on for another year but will have outspent in replacement costs already? Such a low end device shouldnt have been up tiered to such a high rate. Oh and assurant staff calls my device a Samsung bv Galaxy a10e. Because evidently that model and an a205u are the same device? Wow. Since when?

Assurant Phone Insurance response

We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience with us. If you'd like us to have a representative contact you directly to address your concerns, please send a private message with your best contact number so that we can have a representative review and contact you directly.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

The first time we were on a trip and the phone was lost then we just replaced it again because I had a fall and my son ran to help me and the phone dropped and broke the screen... Man it was a mess. Thank you for ins. on the replacement. So easy and pleasant to deal with. Love my kids. We all do something goofy and need to protect our things from us.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

It can happen to anyone, kids and adults alike!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I was a little apprehensive when I went into Xfinity Comcast, to tell them my phone wouldn't come back on, it only vibrated every minute or so. The gentleman at Xfinity, got Assurant on the phone, their website was down at that time because of the storm. Anyway, when I talked with the Lady over the phone was very pleasant, and put me at ease right away. She said she'd already put in the order since I was approved, and I would receive my new phone in just a couple of days. As promised, the phone came just three days later. I was able to package up my damaged phone, and send it back the very same day. They made my experience with their company, the most pleasant that I've dealt with in a very long time.

I've given them five stars, but truly, if there vfc were ten times as many more stars, I would have given them all to them. I will definitely recommend their service to everyone...I am extremely pleased, which is a difficult thing; I find more and more Companies, doing away with Customer Service. The young lady who helped me, gave me hope. She showed me, there still are Companies who do the right thing, without making you feel as if, you've done something wrong. She also gave me hope for the younger generation, with all the B.S. in our Nation today, she showed me that there still are, people who actually care. Great Job! Thank you so much, it is very much, appreciated.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

So glad to hear we could exceed your expectations, David!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

My overall experiences with getting one of my phones replace was easy. The staff made replacing my damage phone with a better phone simple. He was pleasant and understanding. He explain that after I made the request of replacement I had to pay my deductible and the next day my phone will be shipped to me. Which that indeed happen. So I'm very please with that. 5 star.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

We are so happy you had an excellent 5-Star experience! Thank you for the feedback.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

This iPhone I received from the company keeps glitching and running hot no matter if I’m in an cold house or outside the phone runs hot. The previous phone that I sent in is having the same problems as this phone.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Jazzmonae, sorry to hear about the issues with the replacement. A private message was sent to you asking for further details.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I got another phone and it was an upgrade and didn't receive the charger and everything else and when I called they didn't help just said the system was down and hung up. What kind of help is that and it's been a while and no call back.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Miguel, we are sorry to hear about your feedback. We reached out to you privately to gather a few more details.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I was first sent to an Apple store to get my screen changed. I believed it was going to be 30 dollars under Apple care. I waited 2 weeks. I got there and was told it was 169 dollars. I left and had to wait for it to be shipped. It was sent to the wrong address. I had to call in and correct that mistake you all made. It took another 2 weeks to remedy that. I was on hold on the phone each time about an hour and a half. AWFUL EXPERIENCE.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are very sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We reached out to you privately to gather a few more details.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Trying to make a claim online was a total frustration and end up having to get T-Mobile to assist me. Once connected to Assurant it went very smooth. Received the replacement phone the next day. Shipped the damaged phone back in the container provided. All is well.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Malcolm, glad to hear you had a smooth claim process once connected with a representative. Thank you for your feedback.

Assurant Phone Insurance author review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Assurant Phone Insurance offers phone and tablet insurance through providers in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Brazil, Argentina and Italy. It offers a wide range of plans that cover device protection, data restoration and technical support.

• Replacement services: Assurant offers replacement in the event of loss, theft, accidental damage or mechanical breakdown. These services are especially useful if your mobile device’s warranty has expired.

• Pocket Geek: Select Assurant policies include Pocket Geek, an app for your mobile phone which allows you to troubleshoot, monitor device performance and even wipe the device in case of theft.

• Lookout Mobile Security: Assurant pairs with Lookout Mobile Security, which protects your phone from outside threats like malware and spyware.

• Data protection: Assurant allows you to backup 100 GB of data, allowing you access to your important information even in the event of theft or loss.

• Global provider options: Assurant pairs with U.S. Cellular, T-Mobile and Bluegrass Cellular in the United States, Claro Up in Brazil, Movistar in Argentina, TIM in Italy and T-Mobile in Puerto Rico.

by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Assurant Phone Insurance Company Information