1.05/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 6, 2017

256 Assurant Phone Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Replacement phone #4 since February 2017. Same issue on all of them. Phone fails in 3 months. Most recent replacement phone is on the blacklist. Could be either lost or stolen. Went up the command chain, CSR, Supervisor, Manager, and District. No problem resolution. Here were my two options. Wait 2-3 days for phone to be un-blocked no guarantees or send phone back and when the warehouse received it another one would be overnighted. Why am I being inconvenienced?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I submitted a claim and the only way they will accept payment is to provide my credit card information to a person over the phone. I asked for a website where I could enter it, an automated telephone system or even if I could mail in the payment. None of these alternatives are allowed. This is unacceptable with where we are at with technology.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Bought the iPhone 6s+ from T-mobile. Still owing 10 payments. Add $10 per month phone Insurance more than a year already. Lost my phone, filed a claim. DENIED! Reason 1) NOT T-mobile iPhone (after fax to them installment payment plan of the iPhone). Next, the new reason the iPhone has not been used. Called T-mobile tech, and ask for usage history. Same IMEI has been used for the last 1.5 year (verify by T-mobile Tech), at the end, Assurant still Denied, ask why, they say if I want to know more info, write a letter to (676 E. Swedesford Road Suite 300 Wayne, PA 19087). Wrote them letter, got a response, in one sentence "Not T-mobile iPhone", now I am going back to square one... After 3 weeks back and forward. I am too tired to deal with Assurant. I rather cancel the insurance and buy a new phone. Don't let this company rip you off.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Assurant is the worst phone insurance company to deal with. I have been paying for about 2 years the insurance plan. When my phone was damaged I asked them if I can make the claim anytime. They said yes I can do. When I have the money I called and they said another thing that I supposed to do that before 90 days and I made the claim in 92 days. Please don't ever deal with that company again, they just taking money from you and give false information.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had to replace my broken phone, they sent back a new one promptly, and requested I send the broken one back to them. The next evening my wife and I walked to our neighborhood post office box and mailed the package. Several weeks later I received a letter claiming they hadn't received the package, and I'd be financially responsible for the full cost of the old, broken device along with the deductible I already paid on the new one. In other words, it would have been cheaper had I bought a new phone myself as now I'm being charged full price for a broken device.

I'm filing a "lost package" claim with USPS, but it seems much more likely that Assurant is running a scam to increase revenue, given the number of one-star ratings they've gotten on ConsumerAffairs. I'm also at a loss for trying to figure out the lesson learned here. Perhaps I should have taken a picture of the package, or a video of me dropping it in the mailbox. The larger moral of the story is that our institutions and corporations are becoming less trustworthy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Phone Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Assurant Solutions is claiming I did NOT return my damaged device. This company is the selected mobile insurance company used by T-Mobile in case your phone is lost or stolen or suffers accidental damage. I insure my phones to avoid having to pay large fees if something were to happen to our phones. There is a deductible of $175 that is charged with any claim for the replacement of your mobile device.

Fine I paid this. You are required to return your damaged device 10 days after receiving your replacement device and up to 90 days. We received the replacement device on Aug 2nd and I dropped off the damaged device at the USPS on Aug 6 in the drop box inside the post office. I drop that off and another shipment which made it to its destination but our damaged device didn't.

NOTE that the company uses First class mail and the shipment is NOT scanned until it reaches its destination. If they want better tracking they should provide their customers with a priority shipping label so the items are tracked soon as dropped off at the post office. Or provide us with instructions to upgrade their terrible shipping selection.

Soon as I found out via mail probably 3 wks later that the company had not received my device I called customer service immediately to let them know I returned the device on Aug 6. It was the end of Aug and customer service rep basically said, "Oh don't worry. It is probably in our warehouse. It just hasn't been scanned as returned. This happens all the time. I will submit the request to search for your phone."

Long story short after about 78 days of dealing with both Assurant and T-Mobile they charged my account 499.99. I refuse to pay the 380 for this lost device. I did my part in the search by submitting a search with all parties Assurant, T-Mobile and USPS. Only ones to blame here is Assurant for using terrible tracking system. If these devices are so important they NEED to use PRIORITY mail NOT FIRST class. The type of shipping they use basically welcomes theft. If someone wants to steal phones at their warehouse all they have to do is NOT scan it as returned and then is customers pay these large non return fees.

I spoke to 2 supervisors at Assurant and both regardless of everything I went thru to locate the device they rejected my request to remove these charges. A customer service rep at T-Mobile on 10/20 told me that via the RMEI/serial number that they notice activity on my broken device to date. Doesn't this prove that my broken device was stolen!

After receiving this information I called Apple who helped me lock this device so that whoever is in possession of this phone can NO longer use it via WiFi or text. I think it is more than unfair that I am being charged an additional $380 fee for the damaged device. I have gone thru all available means to try and locate the device and they will NOT grant me the removal of these fees. I should NOT be responsible for these fees instead they should look into revising their device tracking.

As the first customer rep said, "They do this all the time. I'm sure your device is there and they haven't scanned it as returned." There are so many things that are wrong with their return and tracking process and we as consumers should not be responsible for something that is out of our control once dropped off at USPS. I would like to request a refund and hope everyone on this page notices there are over 60 complaints in this company most dealing with the same thing that I am dealing with. PLEASE HELP!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

What a sorry experience. Had some crackhead come into my work and steal my phone off the charger out of the back room. Just got the phone, paid for the insurance and was told it doesn't cover the phone if it is stolen? What's the point of insurance? Theft is the only reason I would of bought the insurance in the first place. When my phone was covered through Verizon and ATT through Assurant, there was never this issue. The insurance was a quarter of the price of the phone. Now I have to waste my time taking their ** to small claims court? Best believe I am going for the max settlement for this hassle.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My son called Assurant today to file a claim for his cellphone battery which has progressively gotten worse with holding a charge. Nathan who works for Assurant asked for a date he noticed the problem. My son said it started a while ago but has progressively gotten worse until it is so bad now that I need a replacement. Assurant said the date was not important, but that they needed a specific date to list on the claim for when the problem was first noticed. My son picked a random date from this summer. The worker input that date, filed the claim, and then denied it due to the date being over 90 days. He then would not allow the original "claim" date to be changed. I also spoke with the worker and the supervisor named Joe. They could not have been more unhelpful.

They insisted the problem was over the 90 day limit. Although the battery life was not an issue until the last two weeks. Whatever you do... Do not give a claim date over 90 days. They will deny your claim and no future claims can ever be filed for this phone. Not even for a different issue. They said we only get one claim per phone, and we filed one regarding the battery and it had been denied. So no future claims can ever be made for this device. (Not even a cracked screen). GOOGLE, however, stepped in and resolved our problem with NO HASSLE AND EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Why did I pay for Assurant Insurance if they were NO HELP and tricky in talking to my son and extracting a date from him that they asked him to make up but then would not change. Assurant is a waste of money!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

This was by far the worst experience I've ever had with customer service and a company altogether. The website BARELY works. I was unable to continue my claim online so I called in. TERRIBLE idea. At the time I took a 15 min break at work to get this corrected. The first agent was very rude. She wanted to argue against everything that I said. Given that I was already frustrated. I asked repeatedly to be transferred to a supervisor. She refused. Then shortly after me having to use the ** word she hung up.

I then got another agent on the phone who was new and didn't understand what I was sorry. I felt so bad for the guy. No one would help him. He tried so many times to get someone else to help but no one would assist him. He kept getting everything wrong and mentioned to me that he was new. I even had to have guys from my job try to help him understand. Nothing worked. After an hour of that he finally got a supervisor on the phone. The supervisor took my information, told me he was transferring me to the automated system for payment then the call was disconnected. I spent almost two hours and achieved nothing. I am now trying to get my money back for this service. Completely useless! DO NOT ACCEPT INSURANCE FROM T-MOBILE. IF YOU HAVE AN APPLE GO THROUGH APPLE CARE!!! This Assurant place is unprofessional and treat you as if you are not paying YOUR money!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Know that if you have multiple phones insured by this company, you cannot have two claims processed at the same time. Our teenaged daughter dropped her phone and we submitted a claim to get the phone replaced. During the process of getting her phone replaced, our son's phone broke. They won't process the claim on his phone until her phone is returned and scanned into their system. After a week, Assurant confirmed tonight that they have her phone on the "dock" but it may take another 3-5 days to "scan" it into their system. Until then, they won't process the claim on my son's phone.

It's unfortunate that we had two claims so close together, but I've paid a monthly fee of $8.99 per phone x 3 phones since we joined U.S. Cellular and have to pay a $175 deductible for the refurbished replacement phone. You won't convince me that they are losing money on our account. My son needs his phone for work and they refuse to ship it. I'm sure their policy is all in the "fine print" but we were never made aware that they will only cover one phone at a time since they are on the same account even though we pay a monthly insurance charge on each phone. Poor customer service!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I switched to T-Mobile couple years ago due to better pricing and the opportunity to get the latest phones. I purchased 3 new iPhones for me and my kids. I did not purchase insurance, because we take care of our phones and we have never had an issue with them, so I skipped at that time. This year I decided to purchase the insurance, because one of my kids kept on losing the phone. I called T-Mobile and explained the situation and they said, "oh don't worry about it. We got you covered, our insurance, covers theft and accidents as well as malfunction issues if your warranty expires." All I have to do is to add the insurance and pay $12 a month per phone. I hated the idea, but replacing the iPhone would have been a lot more expensive, I thought.

Yesterday my kid dropped the phone and cracked the glass and I thought, it’s ok. I am covered... Yeah right! Turns out that there is a $175 deductible that was not mentioned by the rep, this is on top of the $12 monthly charge. I checked both my email, text and even T-Mobile’s page, there is no mention of the deductible. You buy this coverage for what exactly???

I called today. Talked to a rep, that all she did was to apologize, but offered me 0 solutions. I asked for her manager and the man that was as useless as she was. He even told me that he was going to check for the insurance coverage policy and email it to me... Well he was not able to find it. He claimed that this was because no one had ever call to complain about this... Really??? I checked their site and there is no mention of this charge. I checked Assurant website and when I try to select my model to see deductible, my phone is not listed.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I spent over 2.5 hours on the phone with Assurant today, attempting to resolve a mobile phone claim. We just needed to have a hold on the shipping address once the claim was approved. I thought this was resolved, and they subsequently told me that they could not change the shipping address, and that no manager was available to assist me. Long story... customer service is terrible, they read from a script and do not listen, script is terrible filled with inappropriate polite platitudes. Ugh! Not sure if phone shipment is on hold per request, or if they will continue with their inflexible process and people.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I got the T-Mobile service and the Assurant mobile protection plan. I called them dozen of times before reading the reviews here. I have had the worst experience with them. Each time I called them they had different story to tell. I had a Google Pixel which was insured by them. As they don't have that device in their system, they promised a re-imbursement cheque. For that I had to buy a new phone and send all the IMEI numbers to them with bill of sale. I also sent the broken phone but they never sent the re-imbursement cheque.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Purchased a brand new expensive Samsung s8 and expensive Assurant Insurance. Weeks later I dropped the phone and cracked the screen, no other damage. Filed a claim with Assurant, they ended up replacing my new phone with a refurbished piece of junk phone after I paid another $175.00 deductible charge. Assurant refused to replace my new phone with a new phone. They told me a could send the refurbished phone back if I was not happy but declined to replace that one. In the end they have my brand new phone an expensive insurance premium and $175.00 deductible fee. Assurant Insurance is nothing but a scam.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I went to Apple because my iPhone 6 was not working properly. The tech asked me when I had my screen fixed to which I replied, "Never". He told me that not only do I have a 3rd party screen on my phone but the 2 tiny screws on the bottom are missing! This is the garbage Assurant sent me my I last filed a claim that is causing my phone to malfunction. ASSURANT WOULD DO NOTHING because according to their "policy" it's been too long! How is it my fault that the garbage you sent me lasted longer than your 7 day policy? THEY WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY! APPLE CARE IS THE WAY TO GO!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Assurant Phone Insurance is nothing shy of a scam. I have over 10 hours wasted in the phone with them on 6 different occasions with no resolution and each time there is a different hoop to jump through. I have a detailed call log of whom I spoke with date and time. On 2 separate occasions including one conversation on 7/20/17 with Supervisor John ** was told that the non returned device fee was waived and no further action is needed. My damaged phone was shipped and returned to them via the envelope they provided. It was delivered on 5/1/17 yet in their system a note shows on 5/17/17 package was ripped and torn with no contents.

On the last call I spoke with a Supervisor by the name of Vanessa ** said it was my responsibility to prove that the phone was delivered in order to get the $389.99 fee reversed. Please understand I did everything to the T including using their provided envelope, provided tracking number, offered to provide USPS receipt with proof of weight etc. Beyond frustrated and Tmobile is going to lose a customer of 4 years and 4 lines over them trying to scam me and state that I never returned the device.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Because I don't have terms and conditions or of coverage like this is purposely and conveniently done to mislead customers. I've no idea on what is covered and what is not when filing a claim. I travelled to a country where T-Mobile has no network coverage, so my SIM card cannot be detected. I lost the phone and filed a claim in less than 30 days of the loss. One week later, I get a letter telling me my claim has been denied because my SIM card was not detected on my phone at time of loss. For each claim, the deductible is $175. Meanwhile, I'm paying $38/month for 3 phones including the one I lost at the airport. No thank you! All I got from Assurant is rude reception, long hold on the line with representatives who are clueless themselves, and rejections to all my claims. I cancelled all my insurance.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Went to the Apple store to replace the screen on the iPhone 6 plus and were shocked to learn that we had received a counterfeit phone from T-Mobile's insurance company Assurant. Apple would not fix the screen and showed us how the cover with the Apple logo on our phone was a fake so they will not repair it. Documented with pictures. Part was not just an after market part, but had all the information on it including the logo, but the wording wasn't perfectly straight and the part has a different finish to it. I had to pay Assurant for this phone which was refurbished with counterfeit parts! Assurant couldn't help me since I was not filling a new claim for an exchange.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I have been chasing my replacement phone for 3 weeks now!! I paid for the insurance through my carrier to receive a new phone. I cracked my screen and put in a claim. I was told my phone would be at my address in 2 business days. I received an empty UPS envelope. I called Assurant and was advised they needed to trace my phone to see where it was and it would take 10-14 business days. Called on the 10th business day... Still tracing the phone. Called on the 12th business day... Still tracing the phone. Called on the 14th business day, was told my claim was denied because they didn't receive my broken device back in time.

Why would I send my phone back when I never received a replacement phone in the first place. Can't they look to see if the phone they sent me was activated or being used?? I asked for my $175 refund and was denied. I was livid and spoke to a supervisor who looked in the notes, saw the history of my calls then offered to send me a replacement. I'm not looking forward to the replacement. From looking at the reviews I probably won't like what I get. I'm canceling the insurance. I'd rather pay $300 down the street at uBreakiFix and get it fixed the same day with no frustrations. NEVER AGAIN!!! My recommendation is to save your money and don't waste your time.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I have a family plan with 5 phones all under insurance. Had all phones with insurance for over 3 years, for the first time, one of the phones broke. We filed a claim on a Monday, had to pay $175 deductible (on a phone you can buy on eBay or Craigslist for less) and on Friday of the same week I called to get status on the claim, tracking details etc and they said that they are waiting for our driver's licence before they can process, something that we were not made aware of. My issues here is why no one called to follow up with us to request what they needed. Why I have to call them a week later only to learn that the phone we desperately needed has not shipped. I will never again use this company. Horrible customer service and think that everything is a joke.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I purchased an iPhone7 plus. I was hospitalized for almost 2 months and was never able to activate the phone. It was then stolen. I filed a claim and was told my phone wasn't covered because it wasn't activated. Yet the phone that was never activated paid a $10 a month insurance fee. Why was the fee being charged for coverage if in fact it wasn't covered? I asked where in the terms and conditions did it state a phone needed to be activated in order to be covered? They couldn't tell me and said they would email it to me, guess what I never received anything. There is no such policy. I've read through the policy and terms of conditions. All 18 pages and it was not in there anywhere at all. They are scammers and liars. Now I'm stuck paying off a phone that I don't have after paying insurance premiums for nothing.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Have filed claim for over a month. Totally forgot about what I did, then I started checking my email, found it said it is still processing. Come on, I'm not stupid. Forget it, I don't need any replacement, even if I'm luckily get one, it won't last long. I knew it. Because it is a 1 star company. I'm here just try to get more people be aware of this 1 star company.

Original review: July 13, 2017

My son purchased a OnePlus 5 64GB two weeks ago and it was stolen while on vacation in Morocco. They don't carry that phone with T-Mobile so they offered the Samsung J7 with 16 GB which can be purchased for 129.00 on eBay and 229.00 at T-Mobile. I have the receipt showing 549.00 plus tax. Now How's that comparable for my two week old phone. They want a 50.00 deductible on a $129.00 phone or 229.00 phone at T-Mobile.

I have paid Assurant for many years. $10.00/month and never needed to file a claim. Why bother if they are going to give you junk for an expensive phone in which I still have the receipt for being that it was purchased 2 weeks ago. Asked to speak to a supervisor and she said I couldn't but I could complain to T-Mobile. T-Mobile rep couldn't help so she connected me to a supervisor with Assurant and what a joke... I stated my concerns and she asked "why are you calling?" "Did you not understand lady? You're trying to rip me off..." She quickly said "there is nothing I can do." I said "well thanks for nothing and have a great day!" Rant and complaint over.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I called in to make a $50 payment for a deductible. After attempting the online echeck payment it kicked me back to customer service who asked for my checking account number and routing number because the 2nd agent said the payment didn't process. He suggests it wasn't enough money in the account. I let that slide and proceeded to give him my full name, address, etc. I told him I didn't want to give my routing and checking account number over the phone which is why the previous agent sent me to the automated. He took my name, license number & address and said he was sending me to automated service to reenter the routing and account number and confirms where I track the claim...I say okay and then phone goes dead. I'm thinking that's weird but it must have gone thru because the agent didn't transfer me to the automated service.

Spoiler alert: I was wrong. The payment wasn't processed. Problem: Trust. Why are agents asking for routing and account numbers over the phone? To further confuse myself, I withdrew the same amount from my account which I'm thinking days later was Assurant taking the payment. To resolve this I talked with 4 Assurant reps: 2 nice and 2 not so nice. After speaking to the last agent, I'm really regretting paying Assurant to cover my rental insurance and my 3 cell phones. I've worked in Customer Service before and the customer is not always right but should be treated with the understanding that they think they are right or at least there's a reason these people who pay your salaries are calling Customer Service.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I filed a claim about for my cracked phone screen to receive a replacement. I sent back my phone from UPS to YORK PA, 17402, 625 WILLOW SPRINGS LANE STE A. RMA # **. I've been charged 300$ on my T-Mobile phone bill despite sending it back 3 weeks prior. I called up Assurant and was placed on hold while they did more research and was hung up on. I called back again and was told the warehouse never received my package. They said that it was my fault and I would need to pay the bill and a refund would be void. My boyfriend decided to call back and speak to a manager, he was placed on hold and hung up on 10 minutes after waiting. He called back again and finally was able to speak to a supervisor and was told the same information, the warehouse "never received it." The supervisor told us it may have been shipped to the wrong address, but it clearly hasn't been.

This is 100% their responsibility for losing my package, I don't deserve to be charged for something I sent back. I'm speaking to lawyers about my options on this. I've never had an insurance company literally give me the run-around like this repeatedly. It's become evident this is not the first time it's happened either. I've seen DOZENS of people stating they have the same issue with this insurance company. Somebody is clearly stealing packages before they are processed. We all need to be compensated for this theft immediately.

Original review: June 25, 2017

Through T-mobile, we paid a monthly fee for protection plan with Assurant Solutions. The original iPhone broke, so we went through a cumbersome process for replacement. Paid significant deductible to get the replacement phone ($175). It looked fine, but from the beginning was slow, not much battery power. Then after 4.5 months, started shutting down with 60% battery left. Became unreliable, poor calling, etc. I reported this (still within the 180 day warranty period) and they were extremely unhelpful and unapologetic. Offered to replace the phone again (which of course I wouldn't want to go through again), but refused to refund the deductible, which would have been the right thing to do.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I spoke with four different representatives of Assurant trying to file a claim on my tablet. I received two different deductible values from three different representatives. One representative even told me that Assurant would charge me a higher deductible to send me an "comparable" device because a replacement tablet was not in stock. After spending more than an hour in total on the phone with Assurant representatives in one day, I was finally told that Assurant did not have one single device in stock that they could send me in response to my claim. Is that not why I pay them monthly to do? Very pathetic, unhelpful, dissatisfying service to someone who has been with T-Mobile for 11 years. I definitely think T-Mobile needs to rethink its contract with Assurant. There has to be provider that can do better!

Original review: June 12, 2017

Do not use this Assurant for your cell phone coverage because: First I pay $12 per month for this phone coverage. The screen of my new phone Samsung S8+ broke. I called Tmobile who sent me to Assurant to file a claim. The Assurant customer service is unqualified and can't answer to basics questions related to their services. They don't know how long it takes to update information in their system for example... The manager I was on the phone with either hanged up on me or disconnected the call. She never called me back to finish the claim!

I had to call Tmobile again and in order to have my issue (Just filling a claim) taken care... I ended up on a conference call with a Tmobile manager and another Assurant representative who of course wasn't aware of the issue. If you want to waste hours on the phone feel free to use Assurant Inc, otherwise I strongly invite you to do like me and cancel this "service" who is nothing but the worse insurance and customer service you can deal with. Shop around.

Original review: June 3, 2017

I've paid insurance on my phones for many years. Assurant offers two claims per year. Now mind you, two claims means file even if they deny you one of the two claims, that's your two claims. I filed a claim and Assurant deemed it as a warranty defect so the claim was denied. I went thru the manufacturer's warranty. Well with the "filed" but denied claim that still counts as two claims "filed" per year. Poor customer service and that's by far a very large scam to your clients!

Original review: June 1, 2017

It so happened that I was talking to a T-Mobile rep. on another matter when my tablet came up. I told them that my screen was cracked. I was informed that I had insurance on it and should go ahead and filed a claim. A deduction of $50 was mentioned. I filed the claim over the phone. A rep took my information and told me that the deduction was $100. She was about asked for the deduction when she found out that there was no replacement tablet for the model that I have. Now get this, I have been paying for insurance on this table for over 3 years @ $9 per month. Do the math $324. I was told someone would have gotten back to me. This never happened.

So I called and cancelled the insurance. This made no sense. They were very happy to cancel the insurance when they found that they were ahead of the game. A Galaxy Tab 3 tablet cost about $94 (eBay) and the deductible is $90. Now isn't this a scheme. I found this to be a very big, big rip-off. Anyone who is reading and planning to insurance via this company, I would suggest you put away the money in a savings account and over time you would have enough money put away to purchase another one or do as you please. I strongly suggest that if you are associated with this company to check your situation out. You may save some time or money.

Assurant Phone Insurance expert review by Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

Assurant Phone Insurance offers phone and tablet insurance through providers in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Brazil, Argentina and Italy. It offers a wide range of plans that cover device protection, data restoration and technical support.

• Replacement services: Assurant offers replacement in the event of loss, theft, accidental damage or mechanical breakdown. These services are especially useful if your mobile device’s warranty has expired.

• Pocket Geek: Select Assurant policies include Pocket Geek, an app for your mobile phone which allows you to troubleshoot, monitor device performance and even wipe the device in case of theft.

• Lookout Mobile Security: Assurant pairs with Lookout Mobile Security, which protects your phone from outside threats like malware and spyware.

• Data protection: Assurant allows you to backup 100 GB of data, allowing you access to your important information even in the event of theft or loss.

• Global provider options: Assurant pairs with U.S. Cellular, T-Mobile and Bluegrass Cellular in the United States, Claro Up in Brazil, Movistar in Argentina, TIM in Italy and T-Mobile in Puerto Rico.

• Best for: mobile phone owners with expired warranties.

Profile picture of Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.
Rosemary Avance, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Rosemary Avance, Ph.D., uses her social science research background as a member of the ConsumerAffairs research team to help people make smart choices. She researches products, businesses and industries thoroughly, then passes on the most relevant and essential information for consumers looking to make important purchasing decisions.

Assurant Phone Insurance Company Information