3.4/5 (4738 ratings)

About Assurant Phone Insurance

Assurant is a phone insurance company that provides damage coverage plans. Assurant’s insurance plans are available through several cell phone providers, with costs depending on your mobile carrier’s rates.

Assurant Phone Insurance Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2017

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Phone Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Phone Insurance?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

First of this company is complete trash. The representative do not know what the heck is going g on. They keep you on the phone for hours without solving the issues and the survivors are just as bad. I don't understand the reason for this company. Yes I canceled my service with them. I had to call for 3 weeks straight just to get my son the correct phone. They kept waiting to downgrade his phone instead of sending the correct phone. Finally alert also a freaking month without a phone he received it. Talking about a pissed off person. Please don't use this trash of a company. I suggest you think twice.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

We are sorry to hear we lost your business due to your experience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it has been documented for process improvements.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I cracked the screen on my phone for the first time in my life. I have had phone insurance for the last 8 years and paid Assurant 100s of dollars in premiums. I sent in the damaged phone in the provided return box, sealed the phone in the included envelope and placed inside the box, sealed and personally handed the sealed box to the USPS counter person.

My package arrived at the Assurant facility on August 23rd hand delivered by USPS (tracking confirmed hand delivery). 3 weeks later on Sept 15th, Assurant notified me that the box arrived open and unsealed with no phone inside.!!!!! After several phone calls, hours and hours of hold time, and endless conversations with a man named TRAVIS (a Supervisor) who had such a heavy accent that I could only understand a third of his words.... I was basically told that I was a liar and that I had not put my phone into the envelope that was provided with the return box. I was charged $550.00.

A few days before I spoke with TRAVIS I contacted a VICTOR at Assurant and he told me the phone had arrived on August 23rd but they had neglected to scan the phone into the system. He had contacted the Warehouse and my phone was indeed there. He said he requested for them to scan the phone into the system and I would have to wait 48 hours for it to process and 1-2 billing cycles for the $550.00 charge to be removed from my bill. I asked him if these were any messages in my account about the phone not being scanned into the system and he said No, he also said it happens sometimes and he apologized and said it takes time to fix the error, but he would take care of it.

Another SUPERVISOR told me to file a claim with USPS. She said That the package was insured and THAT I had to file the claim. I asked her how much the package was insured for through USPS....she would not tell me. I tried to file a claim and USPS told me the package was not insured by the purchaser of the shipping label... (Take my advice and add insurance to any returns to Assurant.) She lied to me.... and she was also a supervisor.

Needless to say the HEAVY Accent TRAVIS denied the phone ever existed and that they don't make mistakes, even if the package sat in their warehouse for over three weeks before it was determined that the phone was missing. TRAVIS said the box arrived OPEN and unsealed with no phone inside. I asked TRAVIS if it was normal to accept a package that was OPEN at time of delivery....TRAVIS could not answer the question.... Hmmmm. Sounds like they have trouble within their warehouse... I am still charged the $550.00 and TRAVIS is a typical foreign accented "Supervisor" handling a problem remotely and doesn't know or doesn't care about what happens in their warehouse or to their customers. Extremely frustrated and hating Assurant.... Absolutely no customer service or accountability within their organization. AVOID THEM at all COSTS!!

Assurant Phone Insurance response

This is not the experience we want for any of our consumers. We reached out to you privately to gather a few more details so we can research your case.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I'm a bit frustrated 'cause I file a claim for my new item that was lost but until now it is under review. They asked me to provide the proof of purchase and since that this device was ordered thru phone/Sales hotline of T mob, I was only given Serv Agreement and also provided the screenshot there. They wanted the detailed one wherein there are infos for date, imei, device and many more. But I can only send the details that tmob provided but still Assurant don't want to accept it and want the physical receipt. So until now my application is for review. Bottom line, buy your unit somewhere else and not on T-mobile with Assurant as their affiliate.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. A private message was sent to you asking for further details.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

The rep was very pleasant and compassionate while assisting me with my order. My daughter lost her phone in a car fire. We needed to get her a replacement phone ASAP because that was our only way of keeping in contact with her. I received my replacement phone on the very next business day as promised.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Happy to hear you had a good experience! Thank you for the review.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Claim process was extra easy and fast. Claim was through Tech PHD for T-Mobile. Shipping of phone was super fast as well. Phone replacement and accessories were all in good condition. Never had an issue, claimed a few times due to cracked screen.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Piu - Thrilled to hear you had an excellent experience.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

This is my second replacement phone. I got one about 1 yr ago and it would freeze. This one restarts on its own. I call to inform and they act like it's my fault that they are sending out garbage. Now I have to send it back be without a phone again until I figure out what I'm doing. I understand they are refurbished but c'mon now at least fix them right. What's the point in having insurance when the phones don't even work. Terrible service.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Anna - Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We are sorry to hear this, a private message was sent to you via this site asking for further details.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Service was excellent. Agent was pleasant and helpful. Replacement phone was received within 24 hours of phone call submitting claim. despite the fact that I had lost my phone this was a pleasant experience.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Glad to hear you had an excellent and fast process. Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Sent damaged phone. I'm being told it's been received. It's in the warehouse. And it will scanned. Meanwhile I'm being charged $819 by Tmobile for the same device and it's been since July. I am canceling T-Mobile today.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

Peter - Our apologies for the issue you're facing. If you'd like for us to pass your case along for review, please refer to the private message we've sent.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

When I put in my claim for my phone, I did not realize that they did not ship to PO Boxes. They did not tell me until I called a week later. I had to get it shipped to a different address, and it was overall a very difficult process to get my new phone.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

We apologize for the inconvenience and delay on your claim, Connor. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I was very happy with your service at first because within 24 hr. I had a new phone. But the camera doesn't work and when I wrote in about, Brandon said to return the phone and they will ship a new one. No, you guys sent me a phone that doesn't work so you should sent me a replacement phone first.

Assurant Phone Insurance response

We're so sorry to hear about this, Patrick. In the event you still need assistance, please check the private message we've sent.

Assurant Phone Insurance Company Information