1.71/5

Get matched with a recommended annuity company

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Allianz Life Annuities Reviews

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Allianz has been good to me for more than 5 years. My money is safe from market losses and I really like the growth, bonuses and income benefits. I've never paid a fee or had an issue with access to my money or information. I highly recommend to anyone looking into annuities!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

My experience with Allianz has been fantastic. After losing a lot of my of my retirement account, this past December in my Fidelity, I starting looking for a place to put some that was better than just parking in my Money Market Account. I found that the Allianz 222 did some great things that I needed. I can't lose money in this account! I am going to do better that 1% on average and because I got a nice bonus it helped make up some of the losses. My plan is to use this in retirement so this account is perfect! I love the online access and I also call the often with questions and they are always too quick to get me an answer. These accounts are simple but very unique, it really helped to have it explained to me upfront how everything worked. I am continuing to transfer more of my money to this company as I move from risk to safety!

Get expert buying tips about Annuities delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I couldn't be happier with my experience with Allianz. Their customer service has been above average, the interest paid has been very generous and the guarantees are unmatched by any other insurance company. One of the smartest decisions I've made!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

When I first moved some of my money from my 401K to Allianz, the broker didn't even submit my correct Social Security number that identifies my account and then tried to blame it on me and said I wasn't doing something right when I was trying to set my account up online with my contract number. After making several more phone calls and then finally talking to the broker's daughter that was decent enough to listen to me instead of turning it around on me and saw that they submitted my Social Security number wrong so they had to send me a form to fill it out to get my SSN right. That was the first issue. After the first year I got my statement I was shocked that I had only received a 1.45% interest rate and then I found out the broker wasn't even a fiduciary but yet my coworker said they received a 6% interest rate that year but they did invest more money than I did.

I called Allianz and then they reassigned me to a fiduciary without letting me know anything until I got a call from the new broker that was a fiduciary so I signed the paperwork to have it transferred. This year has been one thing after another with me and I needed to get some of my money and they made it so hard to get my money and they are on the other side of town from me. It would have been nice if Allianz had given me a fiduciary broker that was closer to me. Anyway, the broker said I had to come in to sign my forms to get my money and would not fax or mail it to me but said I had to come in. I drove for 2 hours yesterday just trying to find the office that is over 35 miles away from me and I never could find them. I called the office several times trying to find out how to get there and I still couldn't find them so I finally gave up and said called them back and told them to forget it.

The lady I was talking to at first was really sweet and trying to help but when another girl got on the phone with me she was rude. After that I was done and just said forget it again and that I'm turning around to go home and she said, "You have to come in and sign this form" and I had to keep telling her I was done and she repeated herself again and finally had to hang up on her because she wasn't going to listen anyway. Not only was she rude, she was confrontational, I hate confrontation and driving around in circles was giving me anxiety and the girl being confrontational gave me more anxiety. On my way home I called the company that I have my 401K with that I took out to put in an IRA based on the first broker's big talk that she did not deliver on. I have not had a good experience with this company and will never do business with this company again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I have taken out 3 policies and had to claim twice. Both times I was denied. The first was because they considered my 86 year old mother's Alzheimer's as a mental illness and wouldn't cover it and the second was because when my 1st cousin died they don't consider him family. I am done with them and will recommend anyone else to avoid them. It is not worth the cost and the frustration to be denied in this manner. You can get decent insurance through your credit card or just take the risk.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Life Annuities?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

My name is Lori. Allianz is the second worst company I ever dealt with. The first is Fidelity Investments. I asked Allianz for a withdrawal as I am unemployed. My pension company - Fidelity - is trying to steal my benefits. I thought I would take a withdrawal from Allianz to hold me over. I accidentally filled out the wrong form. Instead of calling me, they sent me the right form and it took 2 weeks to get to me. Then, I filled out the correct form, but asked for taxes to be withdrawn. There was not enough money in the account to do that. Rather than call me, they sent another letter saying they couldn't pay what I asked for. That also took 2 weeks to get to me. I then called them and raised hell and got them to fix it, but it didn't get to me on time to attend my brother's funeral in Ohio. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE DISGRACE AND POOR EXCUSES FOR HUMAN BEINGS!!!!

Resolution response: Nov. 5, 2019

The company assigned a Compliance Specialist to address the issues and they have now resolved matters to our satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We spent months trying to get answers about performance and costs to evaluate whether we wanted to continue with this investment. We never got full satisfaction and decided to cut ties with them. Just got our checks from them with no accounting, no information, and no return of overcharged premiums. I am sure we are going to spend more months trying to get them to return the money they charged us for years.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My mother was the beneficiary of my father's IRA... My father had moved part of his IRA funds that were invested in a reputable company and invested it with Allianz through recommendations of a financial agent named Steve **. Beware!!! This is a horrible scam and definitely no investment. My father's hard earned income that was invested with this company lost value instead of gaining value and then when my father passed away my mother who was the beneficiary only received about 1/2 of what the balance was on their last statement. The only person who actually benefits from these annuity scams is Allianz and the agent.

Original review: July 8, 2019

DO NOT BUY AN ANNUITY FROM THIS COMPANY! Our annuity salesman was not very clear even though we trusted him. Our returns were less than what you can get for a CD today. We sent in the termination form on 6/21 knowing that we would receive $20,000 less than our total amount. On 6/21 they sent us a letter telling us to call them?? I called and said we sent you the termination forms...we want our money. On 6/25 we received another letter stating that we would receive $20,000 less and they wanted to make sure we still want to terminate the annuity. I called them on 7/1 and said to send us our money.

On 7/8 I called and asked where is our money...it's been 17 days since 6/21 and we received nothing. The Rep indicated that nothing had been done. Can you believe this? I said I wanted them to send our $$$ FedEx today. The Rep said that he had to REQUEST (request?) the Processing Department to send us the check and that it could be an additional 11 days. That would make is 28 days since 6/21. A Supervisor is supposed to call me and let me know when they are going to send it. I also called and left a voicemail to with the CEO's Executive Assistant. I haven't heard back from either as yet. If you want more info call Gerry at **.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I invested two years ago in an Allianz Life Insurance Company Annuity through Jeff Sachs Financial. I am only getting 1% return. They are capping the stocks. In other words they are stealing my returns. How does a 7.5% in index funds only make 1% return? I want my money back!

Allianz Life Annuities expert review by Jim Blankenship

Allianz Life Annuities was founded in 1896 and is backed by the large global corporation, Allianz SE. Allianz was listed as the 31st largest company on the Fortune Global 500 list.

• Financial strength: Allianz boasts a high level of liquidity as well as large cash reserves and a strong operating margin.

• High financial ratings: The major rating companies have consistently rated Allianz with their top-tier ratings.

• Conservative philosophy: Allianz stresses their conservative investment philosophy that focuses on diversified risk and long-term results.

• ABCs of Annuities: Alliance provides concise and clear education about annuities for consumers via the ABCs of Annuities web portal.

• Online access: Registered users can access documents, submit forms, and check account values via the online customer portal.

• Best for: Savers, savers plus income generators and Social Security recipients.

Profile picture of Jim Blankenship
      Jim Blankenship Investments and Retirement Planning Expert

Jim Blankenship is a Certified Financial Planner with over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry. He is the founder and principal of Blankenship Financial Planning, Ltd., has earned the Enrolled Agent designation and is a NAPFA-registered financial advisor. Prior to establishing his independent firm, Jim operated a successful tax preparation service and managed information technology operations for a major financial services corporation. Jim is the author of three books and a contributor to the blog, Getting Your Financial Ducks in a Row.

Allianz Life Annuities Company Information