3.94/5

Get matched with a recommended annuity company

Get matched with a recommended annuity company

104 Fidelity Annuities Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

My husband was an employee of PPL for 37 years and Fidelity was in charge of his pension plan. When I lost my husband of 50 years, I contacted Fidelity by Nov. 5. I was advised that they would mail a packet of information to me within 3 to 5 business days so my survivor benefits could be directly deposited into the same account my husband's pension was deposited in. It took Fidelity 3 weeks to mail the packet to me, which they blame on the postal service. I was advised of the amount I would receive which was to be deposited into my account on the 1st of each month.

While they were able to stop the direct deposit of his pension before the 1st of the month, they were not able to transfer my survivor benefits into the same account by the 1st of the month. They advised me that my funds were to be deposited on the 14th instead of the 1st. I am glad Fidelity employees are able to live without their paychecks for an extra two weeks but because my husband and I battled Alzheimer's for 9 years. The fact that their employees took 6 weeks to be able to direct deposit the funds I was entitled to, they set up a domino effect for the payment of my bills.

With automatic payments and funds not available, bank charges and late fees associated with bills have put me behind and made it impossible for me to get caught up with what I needed to keep my house. They do not say they didn't get paperwork out in a timely manner but rather they just don't understand why it took the post office over two weeks to get their mail to me. They need employees who are more accountable for their actions and maybe they should withhold their employees' salaries for an extra two weeks so they know how they affect a widow left alone after 50 years.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Customer service was great. They were very helpful and patient in getting me to where I need to be. All of my question were answered quickly and in a easy to understand manner. A variety of funding options made it easy to plan out how you wanted to approach your annuity. Withdrawal was a simple and easy process. There was never any confusions or problems to stop me from withdrawing. They had convenient locations which made withdrawing even easier. Getting a payout was also simple as well straightforward. I would simply have my payout directly deposited into my bank account which also falls under being convenient. It's also very rewarding.

Get expert buying tips about Annuities delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Fidelity Annuities’ pay-out and funding options are excellent. The customer service is very different from other company. It's very fast and quick services. It is also very friendly and polite. At first I doubt it though I don't know how to do it but when I started it was great, helpful and makes me more confident and favorable of this experience in this company. I love to recommend it into my friends, family and co-workers. It is very easy and helpful. I will tell my great experience about it and I will convince to use this company.

Original review: May 7, 2017

Fidelity Annuities fully respect your funds and will give money back if you do not like their service. They try everything they can do to make it great. They were fairly nice and understood me. Helped with whatever I needed and were not rude about anything. Also, the amount you have to pay is a decent amount of money, not too much, but not too less. It’s very affordable. I could also do withdrawals from my cellular device and there are variety of withdrawal options to choose from.

Original review: May 9, 2017

The customer service representatives of Fidelity Annuities were very helpful and patient with me. They answered all the questions I had and they were also very knowledgeable. They walk you through step by step and they also a have a video as an educational tool. The withdrawal, payment and funding options were very easy to understand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity Annuities?

Original review: May 10, 2017

I have good funding options that I can remember but it was a bad thing to do at that moment in my life and I wanted a check right away. However, the process was a hassle and it took forever. Was very unhappy and disappointed at it. It was a pain in the butt and I do not want to do it again. Didn't like the lady on the phone line, not very polite. There were long wait times and the music was bad.

Original review: April 26, 2017

Quality and fast service of care offered, great answers investment brings me security and reliability of the company because always meet and answer me when I need it and when I need financing have fast response quickly and easily. Much quality the variety and options of payments and receipts. Lot of quality in the services attribute and payments complementing all that I and my family need.

Original review: April 11, 2017

The customer service reps were very helpful, know what they are doing, and knew a lot about the annuity. It was very helpful to learn about it all and this was the first time that I have ever had one. They are not that hard to understand like everybody thinks either. It was easy to withdraw money much easier than you think. The payout experience was very helpful and I was really surprised. I would definitely get another one asap. The funding was very easy to deal with also. It was a very easy process.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Everybody always know what they are doing and they have lots of personal experience as well as business experience. It's always a wonderful experience to call and not get pushed around. You are patched through your personal agent. However, every time you wanted to withdraw they give you a hard time. They do not want you to make withdraws. And their withdraws fees are pretty high as well. I hate to withdraw cause once you withdraw that is it. You are never able to put back in or even see it again. You can fund this account as many times as you want whenever you want. They are very flexible. They even come to you to make it even easier. You can even do it through the atm machine as well as set up an appointment. It is the best experience by far.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Customer service is very courteous, helps you to find what you need by reviewing what you have and can help you reach your goal and milestones you want. They lay out multiple plans that fit your needs. Detailing how much time and investment is needed to reach your goals. Withdrawal options pretty simple. Early withdrawal you lose a good percentage. I believe it was 25% but may have been a bit higher. Regular withdrawal is just a basic collect over time or take right away. I suggest over time in case you wanna borrow against it. Unless you're in a hurry and need out right away. Would be borrowing again. I assume always good to have something available that you can borrow from without paying interest rates and giving more money away.

Fidelity Annuities expert review by Jim Blankenship

Fidelity is a privately held company with over $4 trillion in customer assets. Fidelity was founded in 1946 and has been an innovator in the consumer financial industry throughout its entire history.

• Investor Center: Consumers can search for a Fidelity Investor Center to learn more by talking to an advisor or attending seminars.

• Customer support: Fidelity offers many methods for contacting a representative, including phone, email, in-person visits, and instant messaging.

• Income Strategy Evaluator: This simple questionnaire helps guide consumers toward the right mix of income-producing investments to meet their retirement needs.

• Refer a Friend: Fidelity provides a simple way to refer friends and family, making it easy for consumers to help others gain access to Fidelity's customer service, one-on-one financial guidance, and its large choice of investment options.

• Comprehensive customer portal: Registering for a Fidelity online account gives consumers access to the full range of Fidelity products including stocks, mutual funds, and retirement accounts.

• Best for: Savers, savers plus income generators, and retirees.

Profile picture of Jim Blankenship
      Jim Blankenship Investments and Retirement Planning Expert

Jim Blankenship is a Certified Financial Planner with over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry. He is the founder and principal of Blankenship Financial Planning, Ltd., has earned the Enrolled Agent designation and is a NAPFA-registered financial advisor. Prior to establishing his independent firm, Jim operated a successful tax preparation service and managed information technology operations for a major financial services corporation. Jim is the author of three books and a contributor to the blog, Getting Your Financial Ducks in a Row.

Fidelity Annuities Company Information