Farm Bureau Annuities

Compare Annuity Companies

Research top Annuity Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Great customer service. Never really had any issues. Everyone had a great helpful attitude and we're able to get my needs met in a very timely manner. Excellent options. More than I thought there would be. It was also easy a cessation for me. I'm grateful for the service and help. It was a good thing for me. There were many options. I'm glad with the overwhelming amount of choices I was given. Great thing this business has to offer. Glad with the overall payout options. Multiple options we had to choose from. I'm satisfied with them as a whole. We were able to receive our funds fast and without any disclosure.

I have had a really great experience with customer service. They were extremely easy to understand, polite and attentive. They were also extremely patient as when I had to call once, being a mother of 8 kids, it got a little loud on my end when the kids got off the bus. Customer service remained patient walking me through everything I needed to know. I quickly and efficiently was able to withdrawal. I had no problems with the experience whatsoever. In fact it went much quicker then I had anticipated it going.

I felt they had many options to meet my needs. I choose the option with the largest periodic payments because that was what best fit my family's needs. I had no problems at all doing so and was satisfied overall. I had no problem with getting my funding in sub accounts. The experience was pleasant, was not at all stressful or overwhelming. It ran very smoothly. I was confident in the funding options I was able to pick to serve my needs. I felt like my needs were not only valued but meet.

The best customer service and tech support you would ever find. Someone is always there to talk with you if you have any questions or concerns. The option is always there if you should feel the need the want to withdraw from policy at any time. There is not hidden penalty, everything is pretty straight forward. There are payout options and payment setup options based on what is convenient for you. This company is very flexible and affordable based on what you can afford. The funding options are reasonable and perfect for what you are looking for. I appreciate the fact that they work with everyone according to their needs and demands.

Their customer service is amazing and makes for a fantastic experience. They explain things, and help you make the best choices for you. The withdrawal experience was easy, informative. It helped to make the entire process so much easier for me than past experiences. My payout options experience was very easy! They gave me tons of information, tons of help, they were completely honest about what decisions would be best for me and supported my decisions fully! My experience with finding options was well played out. They gave me all of the options available for me, even the ones they didn't recommend personally in my situation. They gave me the information I needed and the time to choose without rushing me into it.

Farm really helps you in what you need and not give you any crap that you don't need. They have the best customer service in my honest opinion. There is a small fee for withdrawals, but I never had any issues with them so I do not see anyone else have any issues unless they really don't like it I guess. Payout is good because money. Yeah! Who doesn't like money right? ​I love me​ some money and work really hard to get said money. Funding is no issue because they will work with you in any funding issues you may have and they are the best at what they do, so I do trust them in that regard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau?

I know my agent personally and I trust him. He has always been fair and explained everything so I could understand it. I think knowing your agent and trusting him, is half the battle. Also, I'm getting a better interest rate than anywhere else. When I opened the account, I was told what the interest rate was then and was guaranteed that it wouldn't drop below a certain level. It hasn't. I don't trust someone that I don't know and I hate to hire someone to manage what little money I have because they have to have a little chunk of it for themselves. If I had a large of money to invest, it would be different but I have to live on this for the rest of my life.

My experience with Farm Bureau has been a good one. My annuity will give me a steady stream of income after retirement and I owe that to the expertise of Farm Bureau and their advisors. They are always there, willing to answer any question that you may have and to guide you with any questions you may have. I give them five stars.

They have great rates which attracted a lot and thankful to my company. This helped a lot in my life to manage my person economical balance. We were very happy with the process to get it done. There are online helps if needed at any point of time.

The people are very helpful and always look for my interest and guide me to the right direction. I appreciate their help and looking forward to do more business with them.

The service they provide was excellent. Knowledgeable representative. Any questions that were asked were thoroughly answered. I have had a wonderful experience working with the company.

It has been interesting. I have found it a balance in security... The customer service is sometimes given to other agents and I do not appreciate it. I would appreciate one agent only on my account.

I have Farm Bureau annuities and am very satisfied with the annuity that I started while I was working. At the time I signed up there was a 4% interest rate and it stayed that way from the time I opened the account. It multiplied quickly as the interest was added daily. I have the option of taking the annuity at a monthly rate, but I am using it to cover the cost of my granddaughter's education. If I had taken the monthly option my granddaughter was the beneficiary and would have continued to receive the annuity at the amount I wanted every month.

This company has always responded in a quick and professional manner. I have been satisfied with their handling of any questions that I have had. As with any company there have been minor irritations but nothing that would cause any future worries.

It was great. Would recommend it to anyone. Was really to set up and great customer service. All you do is go in and fill out papers, talk to the person and agree on the things.

Payments were within budget and the diversity of funds has been easy to use and change. The agent has been helpful and very responsive to questions and concerns. I've had my plan for over 10 years and it has grown rather nicely.

Farm Bureau Annuities guarantees a one percent interest rate. This is even when the interest rates on investments are at their lowest. They are very helpful in helping you decide which investment option is best for you. Their advisors are always willing to go above and beyond to help you with any question or concern you may have. I recommend going with Farm Bureau to invest your money in an annuity.

We have had Farm Bureau insurance for 4 years. We have had several problems with them but the last one involved Ron Randalls office. Headquarters for Farm Bureau says this is their best agent, I would hate to see the worst. Our personal insurance was with this company and all I wanted was a quote for our LLC rental houses. The commercial specialist in his office, Anna, is who he told me I needed to talk to because he doesn't do business quotes. I find it strange that he never mentioned that when we were transferred there especially since we talked about it before I signed the transfer papers.

I called Anna on July 1, 2015, I never got a quote back til July 16. The only reason I got a call back was because I went to another agent's office Matt **, who happen to be a close friend of Ron's. I didn't know this when I went there. Matt's office immediately called Ron's office and 2 people in Matt's office told me that he would call me back and never did. Wow they must be busy too to turn down any policy. When Anna called back, she was really angry that I had called around and said "do you want the quote or not" and then talks over me, every time I tried to talk. It was so unprofessional. SHE HUNG UP ON ME. I just wanted a quote and give them business. Ron never called to follow up with me and at minimum he never even asked me what I thought of the quote that I never got.

By the way, he gives out business cards with his cell number on them, and then when you call him, he tells you to take it out of your phone. But, when you call the office, he doesn't get there til 12. By the way, he told me later on that he only sells life insurance. I told him that Anna was terrible on the phone to me and shortly after that we found out that Farm Bureau would be canceling us after we called headquarters to try to get a quote. Can you believe this? I wanted a quote for the business and our personal insurance was canceled. He told me we had 5 claims. There were 2 rock chips in my windshield in my truck that Farm Bureau provides to their customers for free. 1 hailstorm on our personal. Our business, before it went to Allied had a hailstorm and a theft claim about 2 years ago on it.

So, Farm Bureau renewed us once already for 2014 with these 3 claims but after I begged for a quote and pissed Anna off, they cancelled us. Ron defends his office and the people that work in it, and that says something about his service. Ron and Anna are the rudest people I have ever seen in the insurance business. I am with Allied now and very happy so I guess everything happens for a reason. But, LOOK AT THE COMPLAINTS ON FARM BUREAU. IT IS UNREAL.

Had an Insurance agent from another company call me about our cars, which are not with Farm Bureau. After saving us money, we switched, then they wanted to know about our home so I said it was with Farm Bureau and we had been with them for 11 years and the house used to be my parents' and they had always had ins. with FB so we just took over the policy and that I was happy where I was (at that time). Well they couldn't find the policy because it was still in my parents' name. After being told that if the house ever burned down, my parents would be paid for the house but we would not get anything for the items we lost because we didn't have renters ins. (When we took over the house, my wife and I went to change it into our names but was told everything was fine and they didn't need to open a new policy.)

After getting this news, I went to FB to get my name added to the policy and was told it was done. This was in July. Well, in August, we decided to paint the house. Before the painter started, he found some rotten siding on the house and we realized we had severe water damage. I called and made a claim and the adjuster came to the house and told me I was covered for the water damage but any rotten wood would be my responsibility. After taking some siding off, I called the adjuster back to see how bad the damage was inside the walls. It was bad, main support rotten, windows and doors just barely hanging on. When he got there, he told me again that I was covered and that they had around a $8000.00 check for rebuilding my deck so go ahead and get somebody to fix it. So I started.

Two weeks went by and I hadn't heard from him so I called to see what was going on. I was told that the main office wanted to look at the claim. Another week goes by and the adjuster calls and tells me the claim had been denied. I go the next day to the office here in town and tell my agent the story so he calls the main office and I speak to whoever it was and the claim is reopened. The adjuster comes back to the house and starts telling me he never said I was covered or that the deck had been approved. At this time, I am $4700.00 into the back of the house. The next day, the adjuster calls me and said he thought about our first visit and he did tell me to pull off porch and some siding to get to the problem so they are going to pay me for half the deck providing I sign a release form, not gonna do it. The siding on my house is fiber board they used in the '70s but no longer can be found. So now I am putting on vinyl siding.

Now I have received a letter telling me my policy is being cancelled because my parents don't live there. By the time we are done, we will have close to $15,000.00 dollars into this fix all because the adjuster told me I had coverage. If I had been told from the start that I was not covered, I would have had the problem fixed as best as I could afford and went on and painted the house. They want to cancel my policy but have had no problem taking my money for the past 11 years.

After the many complaints that I see about Farm Bureau, I have good one myself. In November 2011 I filed a claim for a leaking roof after I was told by a roofer that there were many shingles on my roof were loose because of wind uplift and some shingles were missing completely. In 2008 or 2009, we had a tornado to strike less than 3/4 from my home. After filing the claim, the adjuster called me and stated 2-3 times about the roofers were just trying to rip off the insurance companies. He basically implied that it was trying to do the same.

Before he came out to do his so-called adjustment, the roofers came out to mark the roof and show the many lifted shingles and the missing ones. Well he came out driving a company car with no ladder. He came into my home to do his so-called adjustment and I showed him where the leak was then he started to leave. I then asked him, "You are not going up on top of the house to check for leaks, bad shingles or missing shingles?" He basically did not want to do it and reluctantly agreed and then used the roofer's ladder to get up on top of the house. Approximately 2-3 days later, I got a call from this same adjuster saying he was hiring a structural engineer to come out and do a damage forensic report on the damage and the cause of it.

I got the engineer's report saying that the roof was basically sound and had some shingles missing, uplifted and that this could be fixed by glue and partial replacement of some shingles at an appraisal of approximately $650. I was more than satisfied to do the appraisal than to have to be out $1,000 deduction that I would have to come up with. This is what the adjuster did next. He put a TF-6 designation on my roof until I got it completely replaced, which meant that if anything goes wrong, they could basically deny any claims on anything besides medical claim. It cost me $3,500 to replace the roof out of my pocket, which they said was no more than minor damage.

I then wrote an email to the president of Tennessee Farm Bureau and got no reply. Guess he is too busy to respond to a customer. I filed a complaint with the Tennessee Dept of Commerce and they got a response from Farm Bureau claiming they had done nothing wrong and that the Dept of Commerce could do nothing. In late January 2012, I contacted an attorney telling her what happened and sent her all the paperwork I had. She turned it over to another attorney. I got a call from this attorney telling me that I had an excellent case, but that there was just one snag! In mid-year 2010 or 2011, our great legislators decided to do tort reform. When they did, they exempted the insurance companies, which meant that the insurance companies could deny a claim because of only thing. They got to be out of pocket. The cost of the damages and no attorney fees.

It meant that if sued for say $10,000 and if the attorney fees were $20,000, you were out that cost, which means they know not unless you are ultra rich, stupid or just wanted to battle in court, there is no fool going to sue for $10,000 and be $20,000 out of pocket. So in ending, if your great politicians start to want to change tort laws, you as a consumer need to tell them no or fire them in the next election, because these companies will take advantage of it.

I cared for an elderly neighbor at the end of his life, helping him get his affairs in order. We made funeral arrangements and were preparing a will. He had very little, just a few personal items, but he had 3 small annuities. I drove him to see the insurance agent he purchased the annuities through. He wanted to know if there would be "anything left in them" when he died.

The agent, without hesitation, replied that the annuities ended at the time of death. There would be nothing to leave anyone. At that point, then, my neighbor felt there would be no need for a will. He gave his few treasures to folks he wanted them to go to, made me co-owner of his bank account, and asked me to see to any unpaid bills upon his passing. I have done this and continue to do so. I was his medical POA and statutory POA.

Now, it seems, there is in fact, a payout from the annuities. The insurance company requested I fill out the paperwork necessary to finalize their accounting with my neighbor, and then notified me that the money would be given to the state. Aside from the fact that I felt very "used" by the agent, my neighbor was not given complete and true information regarding his funds. He was denied control of (end of life) decisions that were his to make, and 3 people will not be receiving what should be theirs to receive.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Farm Bureau was founded in 1939 in Des Moines, Iowa. Today the company has 1,400 employees, as well as 4,000 field associates.

• Find an agent: Farm Bureau Financial Services offers a convenient online lookup tool helpful in finding a local agent.
  • Guaranteed rate: Fixed and indexed annuities with Farm Bureau offer a guaranteed minimum interest rate of one percent.
  • Pay online: Consumers can use the Pay My Bill feature to pay into their annuity online at any time.
  • Check performance anytime: The online consumer portal lets customers check on the performance of their annuity product whenever they choose.
  • Learning Center: The Farm Bureau Learning Center provides financial information to consumers on annuities and a range of investment products, as well as personal financial tips.
  • Best for Savers, savers plus income generators, and retirees.

Compare Annuities