Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5
Based on 1,159 ratings submitted in the last year

Aflac Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

January 2020 I received a promotion to Supervisor. After passing my trial period I then became eligible for full benefits. I was told that I could sign up with Aflac. After being interviewed by salesman over the phone I got a couple of products including short term disability policy. Sept 30 2020 I was diagnosed with a heart condition after going to the emergency room. I was kept in the hospital on a Sunday night and had open heart surgery on Wednesday. Since then I have had to make over 20 calls to Aflac about my claim. Each time I have to wait hours for a call back because they claim to have an unusual amount of calls the entire day. I keep getting letters in the mail stating the paperwork was incomplete or they need additional documents.

My surgery was Sept 30 2020 and it is now Dec 12 2020. I am no further down the road than I was at the beginning. Each time I call I'm told they didn't receive the requested documents. I'm also told each time they are requesting an escalation on this process but nothing is happening. I've been reading other reviews and they are similar to my experience if not worst. I'm on unpaid leave going on 2 1/2 months and paying out of my savings. This company is gangster taking money in and not paying out on the policies. I'm ashamed of Nick Saban for promoting Aflac. I wonder if he did research on them before he contracted? My only hope is for God to intervene. Aflac is a cancer and is sickening. Because I had this happen after 2 months of getting the policy they are treating me like I'm a criminal. Don't use this company please.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I have paid on a cancer policy for many years. I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy. I am FIGHTING to get any money from them. My agent's phone # is disconnected, I am currently on hold and it has been 57minutes, and I am also using the chat feature. Their entire goal seems to be NOT to pay out unless you turn in more documentation than is believable. My pathology report wasn't enough. On and on. Forms are generic and don't match the situation. I have a 4000.00 IMMEDIATE cancer diagnosis benefit, that should not require me to fight this hard. I don't need this type of frustration on top of everything else. I truly feel like they put up so many roadblock that many people probably end up dropping the whole claim.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Had knee scoped in August. STD was filed 9-22. Still have not received anything from them. They always need some other form when they have all the information there. 0 stars for them. I have called numerous times and I cant count how many times I've heard 24-36 hours.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I have had Aflac for years and it has helped me from accidents to skin cancer. You do need to understand the plan you pick. I LOVE MY AFLAC!!! I would recommend it to everyone!! Listen to the person explaining it to you as my friend tried to turn in a cancer claim as an accident and of course got denied.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I have had Aflac since 1999 and never a major claim, until June of 2020 when I injured my back and had to have surgery. Then I had to fight tooth and nail to get benefits entitled and still not ALL what is owed.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

Updated on 11/28/2020: So I was supposedly denied for "Pre Existing condition." I will recommend The Principal Group. I had another policy through the company I work for now that mind you didn't start till September. For the exact same claim I am now receiving checks for 60 percent., No problem at all. And I was barely over the ninety days. The Principal is a company Aflac could only dream of being. THIEVES. They finally forced me to cancel my policy with them. I refuse to keep paying 253 a month to a company that does nothing while another company (The Principal) never gave me a problem. THIEVES!!!!

Original Review: We were offered short term disability through the company I was with. Thought it would be a good thing to have so I got it. Long story short. Had both knees replaced. Gonna be out eight weeks. DENIED. It was denied due to pre-existing condition? My physician's paperwork clearly said Onset. June 9th. My policy date was April. I understand it was close but I didn't ask for this. And they are not paying the Health issues. They are my short term income due to this. I've read the other reviews. They all seem to be the same. DENIED immediately and hope you walk away. I'm thinking lawyer for this and I think everyone should. They flat out lie!!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

As a member of the HR department, I signed up for Aflac insurance. The Aflac saleswoman, long affiliated with our company referred to the cancer benefit with quick payout. After signing up. I later underwent brain surgery with 3 week hospital stay. After filing claims for the cancer surgery and home care, I was only given, $100 for the cancer, claiming the surgery and care did not qualify as malignant cancer. I feel misled by her sales tactic and have requested a review by my company of misleading professional sales conduct which do not meet our company standards of honesty.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

The company I work for buys a short term disability policy just to help keep money coming in. They chose Aflac because of their advertising. In my case, I became ill and had to miss many weeks of work. The forms are confusing so I decided to make a call. I do want to say the people are pleasant, but that’s it. You fill out the papers then send them in. The doctor does the same. After a while you call back because nothing is happening. That’s where it really gets ugly. You’re told you filled it out wrong, so you do it again. Wait and once again call. Once again it’s not right. 9 times I’ve been told how to do the papers and each time something is not right. Dates, dollars are never right. I’ve come to the conclusion that the company wants you frustrated enough to give up. You give up they don’t pay. I’m almost there now. I now understand the mascot theme. They keep “Ducking” the solution.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

4-29-20 I went to the emergency room for a severe headache. Had an emergency craniotomy for 2 one inch tumors near my cerebellum. Turned out to be cancer from unknown primary. Spent 30 days in a recovery hospital, 10 sessions of whole brain radiation, 4 rounds of chemotherapy. I am left with using a walker, cognitive impairments childlike mannerisms and list of other problems. Aflac has denied my SHORT term disability claim. I have spent months playing their game with paperwork. Dont waste your money people.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

After my father's passing, AFLAC took out premiums for two months because they demanded a death certificate for proof of death. After receiving the death certificate (this takes time, the county health department may or may not be timely), I faxed it to AFLAC. I called to make sure they would reimburse the premiums that AFLAC took out automatically from my dad's checking account. They could not promise that they would. I asked to speak to someone in policy and customer service would not transfer. I asked to speak to a supervisor and "James" from customer service would not transfer. So be prepared to pay premiums even after you die for AFLAC health insurance. It might be legal, but it is not ethical. You will be dealing with a company that does not allow you to speak to anyone except whoever you get in customer service. You will not be able to speak to anyone who makes decisions or anyone in charge.

Aflac Company Information