Aflac

• 2%
  • 1%
  • 85%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aflac?
    Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 27, 2024

This product is a scam and they need to be shut down. I have been waiting on a cancer claim for over 8 months and they keep trying to find any reason to delay. First they kept asking for authorization to review documents to the point that I had to add my doctor to my account so they can be uploaded directly form the source. Then they did the same thing about the requested information as if it was never received even you can see in the portal all the times I uploaded the documents. Now I’m under special review for the last two months with no call back as promised and no sign of any further cooperation. This is not helping me while I am battling cancer to the point I’m being evicted due to this false premise from this scam of a company. Do not trust this company.

Coverage

Reviewed May 25, 2024

Worst insurance. This company is a complete SCAM! I had cancer, coma, transplant.. I paid dues for 2 years. They denied most claims with paying very little to nothing. Most claims were denied. The hassle to get your money is so stressful when you are sick. This company thrives on you getting sick of you fighting with them and give up. Save your money and purchase any other insurance!

Reviewed May 23, 2024

Aflac is a terrible company. They will approve you once then denial you for the very same thing. Everyone should file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I was denied and told for my appeal I would need to see one of their doctors. Metlife was so much better.

Reviewed May 23, 2024

I submitted a quote for a follow up call back and the company called me 6 times. I finally called back and spoke with an agent who had terrible reception. I advised him of the terrible connection. He didn't even acknowledge me. I instantly hung up. I called back, got an agent named Sarah who begin yawning on the phone and kept right on talking. I hung up and she called me back. I advised her I don't want to speak with anyone that sits on the phone and yawn and please don't call me back. The red flags are there and I'm not even a customer.

Reviewed May 20, 2024

Had Aflac cancer policy since 1983. Husband was diagnosed with throat cancer in October. The policy states that $100 per radiation treatment is covered. He had 20 treatments, after going round and round with Aflac I received (2) checks for $400, and 1 check for $100. They are horrible to work with, they however were very fast to take their payment every month out of our bank account for 42 years! I still receive a letter practically every month stating that they haven’t received all the information they need. I have sent the information several times along with my permission to get what info they need from the cancer doctor. These people need to be sued and that’s probably my next step.

Process

Reviewed May 18, 2024

I broke my ankle probably around 6 years ago. In order to get them the required paperwork, I had to travel to a medical office with the help of a friend, because I couldn't drive (left ankle) and had extreme pain from plantar fasciitis. I got a knee scooter to help, but this process was very stressful for what turned out to be very little compensation. I would never jump through those hoops again.

Reviewed May 16, 2024

I was a client recently. Back in November 2023, I filed my claims short term disability, hospital, doctor visit. They totally paid out in December 2023. I was to be out of work until February, but doctor extended 30 more day, only paid bare minimum. Refused to pay out my hospital stay. Had over 10 different people telling me 10 different things about my claims. Nobody could get things right. Last payment from them was sad. I will not use this company again. It was through a school system and it's sad that the workers that come out just left you stranded and tell you false information. So, if I had to use them again the answer will be no. I'd say run!

Reviewed May 7, 2024

I submitted my Aflac Dental reimbursement form for my daughter's dental surgery. It is going on 3 months and still have not received reimbursement. At first , they would say they never received anything but I emailed everything. An Aflac rep resent info and when I emailed for update, I was told they never received anything. I resent again. And when requested update, I was told they needed more information. I updated and resent. Now, when I request an update, I get no response.

Coverage

Reviewed May 3, 2024

I have had two routine dental appointments in the last year. (Teeth cleaning - which it states is obviously covered in full in my policy). One was June 23, 2023. The other January 9, 2024. Today, my dental office let me know that AFLAC finally paid some on the first claim from June 2023. The claim was for $189.00 And they Paid $11.20. On the claim that they sent back to the office, they clearly stated that they didn’t pay it because of my age. Discrimination is all I can say, and they will be hearing from my attorney.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I have been paying premiums for my wife and I for 15 months and I finally used them for a softball injury. It has been several months now and they denied my claim. I am canceling my policy with them today.

Reviewed April 26, 2024

Had Aflac for years. Worst customer service in past 2 years I’ve ever seen. Dan Amos check your district managers and representatives in Georgia. Can’t get a call back from anyone. Your app is terrible UPGRADE and get better people. Check your 76% DISapproval rate.

CoverageStaff

Reviewed April 24, 2024

First off, I had to go to the doctor on Feb 12, 2023. I didn't get coverage until Feb 21,2023. I had to have surgery on March 9,2023 and didn't get diagnosed after my 30 day wait period in which I made my claim. After making my claim, Aflac kept denying my claim due to a non-existent doctors visit. After several months of telling them that there hadn't been a doctors visit in over 6 years, my claim finally went under review in January of 2024. It stayed there until April 17, 2024 where it was officially denied. Due to my surgery counting as my official diagnosis and not my OFFICIAL DIAGNOSIS that occurred after my 30 day period, my claim was officially denied.

I had other claims to make such as my chemo treatment and labs, however, due to the amount of time for me to get my claim done, I went ahead and terminated my account. Secondly, this team is terrible at communicating with their customers. Out of this whole mess, Aflac has only reached out to me 1 time for an update and that was 2 weeks ago. If you're thinking about signing up. Please save yourself time and money.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsCoverageSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 24, 2024

I would give 0 stars if I could. A complete and utter scam. I was very clear in wanting supplemental insurance, but never received any info for my policy. File a claim with your financial institution, the BBB and the AG Not only will you get reimbursed, the complaint goes on record. Eventually they will be put out of business. Cannot access the website, can't get anyone on the phone, there are two options, a call back or schedule a c/b neither one is satisfied..there is no option to hold. Try calling to get a policy, no problem there. It's shameful to take from people like this.

I've read all claims are denied. It's easy to believe. I merely needed information on my type of policy, only a welcome letter with no contact Info save for an email where auto responses are generated. I canceled after only 3 mos. A contract works both ways. Keep a record of attempts to contact. Print the auto responses to keep in your jacket file against the company. Write down names of people you speak with. There's an attachment of the welcome letter. I believe it is by design there is no phone number.. If anyone has a similar "welcome" letter, consider uploading it, but blackout any identifiable criteria. This company should be put out of business

Staff

Reviewed April 23, 2024

In my frustration of dealing with Aflac, I searched out reviews and found this site. I am also caught up in the Aflac mess. I had cancer surgery on the day before Thanksgiving in 2023. I submitted a claim to Aflac in early February 2024 and, as of today 4/23/2024, I have not received a payout on my claim. It has been two months of speaking with multiple customer representatives and receiving multiple answers. I logged into myaflac.com and to get updates on my claim. I was told by a representative that the information on that site was inaccurate and I should not use myaflac.com for updates.

I have resubmitted the required paperwork in February and March, 2024. I was told by a representative, in one of my many calls, to continue with my original claim number. After submitting my paperwork the last time, my claim number changed. I spoke with a representative yesterday, April 22, 2024, and was told that my paperwork was complete but I need to submit another HIPAA form. I know now that this is just another way to stall their payout. I spoke with a HR representative at my company and guided them to this website. Hopefully, they will see the way Aflac is conducting business and reconsider doing business with Aflac.

Reviewed April 22, 2024

Aflac is a joke, stay away from them. All they want is your money. They will say they pay out fast but they don't. It takes several days to get your claim reviewed then several more days to get paid if you get paid.

Reviewed April 19, 2024

After 10 years of having a policy with Aflac and never filing a single claim we recently had to file one for my husband being in the hospital and off work for 2 weeks. Claim denied because of a 14 day waiting period even though it was in fact 14 days. Don't waste your money. It's a joke.

Reviewed April 16, 2024

I have been an AFLAC customer for several years and have usually experienced excellent customer service. However, my recent experience has been disappointing. I filed a claim, but my paperwork was misplaced multiple times and each time I call, the representative struggles to locate my claim, which is appalling and is causing payment delays. Additionally, the level of service has dropped significantly and can be described as "horrible." It has been nearly impossible to contact anyone at corporate headquarters to address complaints. The standard customer support representatives are not equipped to resolve complex issues and only escalate them, which in my recent experience, has been ineffective. Due to these issues, I cannot recommend AFLAC as a supplemental insurance provider. I suggest considering other companies like Globe Life Family Heritage, Metlife, Old Mutual, or others that may offer better customer service.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 16, 2024

They said quick claims in their advertising but this is a lie. Been waiting weeks for the review to complete. Everytime I message them they tell me something different and now after reading the reviews I'm expecting they are just trying to figure out a way to deny my claim bite everything so far has been frustrating and janky about this company. Don't give these people your money. They will take it and leave you broke and homeless if you need your benefits to survive.

Reviewed April 16, 2024

I just canceled my policy midway through my cancer treatment. It's impossible to get a hold of someone when you have a problem with a claim (which you will), and you have to jump through hoops to submit a claim, only to have them deny it. If they're not going to pay my valid claims, why would I continue to pay my premiums?

Reviewed April 12, 2024

I recently had part of my foot amputated and am on intravenous antibiotics and they denied my claim. The paperwork is endless and unless it is sent within approximately a week you have to resubmit all of your paperwork again. The reason for this is so you will get so disgusted and just give up. There should be laws to protect the consumers.

Reviewed April 5, 2024

Definitely, don't recommend AFLAC...I have an old cancer policy, filing a claim is a joke. I send required documents via USPS (31) pages. Receiving person, made copies of docs for claim's dept. Most all pages copied came out blank. Probably ran out of Ink or toner. One month later I received a denial letter. Reason: no supporting documents. Unbelievable incompetence. I resent all docs again via PDF direct to customer service agent who confirmed receipt. Again, one month later receiving a denial letter, reason: no supporting Docs again. I've talked to so many customer service agents and one supervisor so many times...I've never experienced so much incompetence ..They have a mickey mouse web site....Stay away from this company..

Process

Reviewed April 3, 2024

We submitted two claims for a patient. They have had said claims since mid Dec 2023. After 2 months they asked for a W9 and we sent it the same day. Now they are saying they sent back to process but it takes at least 30-60 business days. They have had is 3.5 months.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed April 2, 2024

I made the huge mistake of purchasing Aflac supplemental Medicare Insurance. This company is disreputable and a complete scam. All claims are denied, and their web-site is inaccessible. If you call, the reps barely speak English, and only slam you back in the general e-mail. I continually get messages saying I do not have a policy. Save yourself the lost premium money as Aflac covers nothing.

Reviewed March 16, 2024

When I started my job I was given the option of getting Hospital Indemnity insurance through AFLAC. The way it was sold to me by the rep was that if myself or a dependent went to the emergency room, we'd get a check to help with the expenses. What wasn't told to me was the loopholes that got them out of paying. So despite myself and one of my children being in the emergency room after the policy started, they denied the claims. That's a shady way of doing business. Then to cancel it required jumping through hoops.

Reviewed March 13, 2024

Filed claim in February, had to call twice a week to get updates and they found every reason to deny and delay my claim. Don’t ever do business with this company. They will never pay. Just read the reviews before signing up for their coverage.

Reviewed March 5, 2024

Customer service representatives has been misleading and giving me the wrong information about how to go about my short-term disability. This has been the worst of experiences of my life. When I get back to work I am cancel accident and short term disability. Didn’t want to give them 1 star. Has no choice in the matter.

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2024

Once leaving my job I was told I would be given the option to convert my plan to a self pay plan. I sent the forms in with a check. I waited 5 months and they said they didn’t see a check or didn’t process it. I tracked down my check and gave them all the information to show it was deposited. I gave them a couple more weeks and nothing. I finally called and asked for a refund. After 3 phone calls about this refund, they finally told me that I had a balance due and that they were taking my refund to apply to the balance. Now.. there was no balance due since my policy was cancelled when I left my old employer and never reinstated. The payment sent it was supposed to do that but it didn’t. This company is extremely hard to deal with and steals your money. Do not waste your time!

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2024

Do yourself a favor and save your money. They find every excuse to not pay me for all the weeks I was out of work. I send them every document I have, my job sends them the information they requested and so did my physician. They still find excuses and only paid me half of what I was suppose to get.

CoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2024

I have been with Aflac since 2011. I have both short term disability and hospital policies. 10 years ago, I had a colonoscopy done. Paperwork sent in and was paid $400 under hospital policy. Fast forward to 2024. I had another (every 10 years recommended) and filed claim. I am now being told that it isn't covered, it is a wellness benefit that I don't have. REALLY!!!! Also, its payout is now only $100, and they need operative notes from Dr. office. Notes were uploaded. WTH!!! All these years with this company and you have to jump through hoops just to get paid and find out that this isn't covered or that isn't covered. I want all my premiums back. There needs to be a class action lawsuit against them. They are ripping people off and getting away with it. I'm done with them

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2024

I requested a form they said was required, they sent me some woman named Nora's Form instead. Then they sent me the WRONG FORM. Then when I was APPROVED, they sent all the back payments to some WRONG BANK some 2,000 miles away. And you'd think it was an urgent matter (not because I've been living outside and surviving snowstorms without food, water, no phone, nerve damage in my legs from the first 4-day storm last month) because money in the Internet can be taken but their Customer Service and Managers are horrible, I expect to hear back from them in a matter reported in the past but they might email in about 3 weeks..??

Aflac Company Information